PDA

View Full Version : Etihad - Wannabees & Recruitment III

Pages : 1 2 [3]

MiaShekina
24th Apr 2008, 18:30
Hello there Squirly, that is good news indeed :]

Would be great to have you there on the 11th as well, Ianaav.!

One question tho, regarding the accomodation. Is it hotel for weeks of training or the apartment.?

Like some say, it varies, but if anyone here actually knows which one theyll throw us in, do post up, by all means :]

Cheers *Where is the beer icon.?

dazednconfused
24th Apr 2008, 18:45
Should I write references at the end of my CV and if so how many?

do they usually call them?

thanks

lili2929
24th Apr 2008, 19:49
dazednconfused, you don't need to write your references on your CV.

They will ask you for two references from current or previous employers later and they will get in touch with them.

YPTD
25th Apr 2008, 00:39
Anybody here know how's the Abintio training about..? 7 wks training, read in the forum that there are tests going on.. There are people whom were sent back too..? Are there any feedbacks or any reasons behind..? I am quite concerned more about the training instead.

dazednconfused
25th Apr 2008, 05:58
Thanks..But if they contact my references is that after they offer me the job? cos I dont want them to contact my current employer in case I dont get the job!!! Haven't even told them that I am going to this assessment as there is no need to if I dont get it..

lili2929
25th Apr 2008, 06:46
dazednconfused, actually they will contact your employers prior to offer you the job !

weeflygirl
25th Apr 2008, 10:44
I worked for Etihad last year and I can honestly say I was miserable.

Accomodation, Damp Dingy, Old fashioned apartments I stayed In Al Fardan which was awful I tried getting a move but housing didnt want to know.

Salary You need to save for the first few months as the salary is 3500dhs. Which is fine for training not when you start flying the first month I had to take pot noodles on layovers because I couldnt afford to eat out.
It gets better if you can get by the first few months.

Management. Awful. They dont have a clue about what they are doing but all you need to do is read on the pilots forum for what they think of hogan etc.

Pilots, crew etc all great real team spirit most of the time. I had some great flights and layovers are brilliant 24 hours in SYD at the Four Seasons etc.

The main issues is once you are in your in and no one seems to care if you dont have enough food. Or if you are living in an apartment that the AC has broke and it 35degrees in your apartment.

Training was brilliant and at a guess one of the best in the world.

NordicJetSet
25th Apr 2008, 12:27
Training is 7 weeks. There are many exams and if you don't pass one, you'll get another chance. If you still don't pass, you'll have to repeat that part of the training. And if you still are not able to pass, you are sent home. But if that happens, then you are really not the right person to work as cabin crew. Training is not that difficult, if you have right qualities, you'll pass with no problems.

And about the accommodation. I think it's just about luck, some people in the same batch will get hotel and some apartment. Of course they try put as many as possible directly to apartments. And you may have to stay at the hotel also after the training.

Jihane86
25th Apr 2008, 21:11
dazdenconfused:

B4 you think of EY that they might contact your references just go for the assessment day and check what will come out for you! YOu never know! Go with low expectations as it wont make you sick if they wont be proceeding with you! YOu never know! I wish you good luck and as soon as you pass the first stage, you should be fine if you possess the qualities they are looking for in you!

YPTD
26th Apr 2008, 01:39
Thanks NordicJetSet.. I got what you mean about the training stuffs..

YPTD
26th Apr 2008, 01:48
Jihane86.. I am in the same situation as you before.. They did asked me for company references through email and its really a positive sign.. They replied me again and said they will continue to process my application with the medical clearance and approvals..

You have got to wait for about a week to hear from them again..

kokomiki
26th Apr 2008, 12:17
Hi:8
Just wondering, what topics have they asked ppl to do their one minute talk on?? Is is completely random or can you pick?
I will be happy when this day is over, I am having dreams about the interview questions now!! hehe.

Thanks!
Kate:O

pjcarr
26th Apr 2008, 12:23
Further to Kate's question above re the one (1) minute talk... given that a single minute is not long AT ALL... what are they looking for? posture, poise, slow speech, eye contact, confidence, lack of "ums" and "arghs"?

lili2929
26th Apr 2008, 12:42
About the one minute topic, they give you a topic (you can not choose !) , you have one minute to get ready and one minute to talk.

They want to see if you are confident to talk in front of people!

ryz
26th Apr 2008, 13:33
Here are some examples of the topics they're going to give..

What is your favorite subject in school & why?
Describe your dream house.
What is your favorite gadget & why?
Describe your dream vacation?
Except for being a cabin crew, what career you want to choose?

gOOD LUCK!

Jihane86
26th Apr 2008, 13:45
Thank you all!!! I hope that I can join Etihad!!! I will wait and tell you the results! I provided them my references and I am so excited what will come next!!!

kokomiki
27th Apr 2008, 04:20
thanks for that ryz!! favorite gadget...hmm thats an interesting one...:}
;) thanks heaps!

ianaav
28th Apr 2008, 11:11
Hey guys is anyone joining on 4th of May??? I called Etihad today and they said that nothing has changed and I am not joining on 11th:ugh:
Perhaps they forgot or can someone tell me if there is a batch on the 4th?? Cauze I have a lot of things to take care of.

See u in AUH!

westcoast_custom
28th Apr 2008, 18:23
Hi there, i went for the interview on the 14 of april 2008 in Singapore and after a week got an e-mail saying that they are processing my clearances and stuff. and to wait for their call or mail to do my medicals.
is this normal and from previous posts am i right to say it takes roughly a week or so before they get back to me?

Regards.

Timea
29th Apr 2008, 06:14
Hello everybody..

I have just got a phone call..and my DOJ is 1st or the 2nd of the may{They will confirm it by email}Is anyone else here who is joining at the same date?:eek:

Timea:O

ianaav
29th Apr 2008, 06:18
Yeyyy Timea I'm joining too on the 1st. See you in AUH!

Jihane86
29th Apr 2008, 17:12
I provided Etihad with the required references but have not heared back fom them yet:(

WHo can tell me how many people fill a batch? Is there someone who was in the same situation like me now?? I am waiting now for nearly 5 months!!!!!

Mr 1A!
30th Apr 2008, 10:53
Hey,

Anyone going to the Assessment day in Sydney on the 08th of May?

I just got an email inviting me to it. So thankful they are giving me a second chance. I went to one last year in Feb and got to the final stage but made a small error which put me out :(. Well was a great experience so at least I walked away with something.

Anyways very excited and nervous about the up coming assessment...fingers crossed (again) :).

JustinG
30th Apr 2008, 15:44
Is high school education acceptable or do they want someone with college experience. I'm asking b/c I was reading the requirements and it said something like "SECONDARY EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT" and I'm not sure if that means high school is a minimum education requirement or they need at least some college? Thanks everyone.

Jihane86
30th Apr 2008, 17:43
I provided Etihad two weeks ago with my references and I stillhave not recieved any message back from them!!! I amsoo inpatient and wouldlike to call them! Doyou think I can call them now as 2 weeks have passed or should I still wait a couple ofdays untilI call them! Whats your opinion??

squirly
30th Apr 2008, 17:55
Hi,

Things are going great guys is very nice here a lot to do a lot to learn places to visit places to se wonderful life in Abu Dhabi.

There are a lot of manuals to learn so i am soryy i ca log on only once a day to check for messages....i have to learn all the stuff in order to pass exams

Anyway keep the questions coming on PM i will answer as fast as i can.

Once a week i will post a big update of one week of training what consist of what is important what not...etc

I wissh you areall here with me living the dream and for those who will arrive cant wait to meet you ask for batch 270:p

Regards to all

ryz
1st May 2008, 08:28
Hey guys...

Just received a call from Etihad.

I supposed to join on May 11. but, it was moved to May 18..

Anybody here who's joining on the same date too?

pjcarr
1st May 2008, 14:19
Hello all...

I would very interested to hear from any existing EY employees insofar as the follow:

Standard of work;
Duration of layovers;
Management structure;
Performance (and remuneration) review process;
Realistic annual rumeration (including layovers and flight monies); and
Anything else you feel that would/should/could influence individuals to work for the airline.I am aware of the speculation on many of these threads from "the wannabees", however not being one to partake in rumour, I would prefer to hear the facts from existing EY employees, or even former employees...

Thanks all... Let's start this conversation happening

dazednconfused
2nd May 2008, 06:58
hello all,

so what are the stages after final interview? I was told I would hear somehing within 2 weeeks! but what happens next???

squirly
2nd May 2008, 07:14
Hello to all my friends out there!!

As you know I started my training with Etihad Airways (EY) on the 27th of April 2008. As promised I am starting this, so to say journal of each week so all can benefit from it. If you have any inquiries or questions anything at all feel free to PM me.

Here we go. For the people who do not know here in Abu Dhabi the week starts on Sunday and they weekend is from Friday to Saturday. My batch 270 started training on Sunday, every batch is starting so.

The training lasts 7 weeks, first one is Introduction week, the 2nd and 3rd are Safety Training, the 4th Aviation Health, the 5th Grooming and ON BOARD Service, the 6th ON BOARD Service and the 7th is Crew Management and Human Factors.

I will try as much as I can to give information on all that we study all that we do here at the Academy.

First week, first day, they welcome you, tell you things about UAE, and most of the day they speak about Etihad, what is all about its services its products what are they offering what is our role as flight attendants.

Second day, is Guest speaker day, where they have people representing each department come and speak with you. This are just a few that will come, In Flight management, Welfare, Accommodation, OCC (Operation Crew Control), Insurance Department, Security, and HR(Human resources).

Third day, is the cultural tour day, you will go around Abu Dhabi, see the Heritage museum and some of the places around. Is really interesting and it gives you the idea of what this country is all about its history, culture and its people, how to respect their tradition, etc. you will go back at the academy the same day and sign the real contract that was emailed to you and had do scan and email back..So now you are for real EY!!!!

Fourth day is Medical checkup day and uniform fitting. This day you will go to the Medical Center take blood and urine tests, and a doctor will consult you, please keep in mind it is very important to have with you the chest x ray and the teeth x rays, please listen to my advice do them before you come here, if not you will do them twice here, once for EY and once for police for the visa. Coming back to the medicals, after the consultation they will high and weigh you take the blood pressure, ear tests sight tests, all the stuff you already did. This is the policy so listen to them and do not argue. After all this you will have a lecture from a doctor on life insurance accidents what to do in case you are sick how to report it what to do etc., please be attentive this is gold for you. Also I forgot to mention do not hide anything from the doctor they will know. If you took any pills even for head pain or contraceptives anything …tell them so they will have no reason to terminate the contract because they are really serious with drugs in this country they had previous problems with Cabin Crew.

Then you will go to try the uniforms they will measure you try all the pieces of the uniform, shirts, skirts, blouses, hats shoes (for ladies), pants, shirts, shoes, suits (for men). Then you go home.

Fifth day, is grooming day, the grooming instructor will show you how to make up, how to do your hair, what is expected to wear and what not, what attitude you should have whilst in uniform etc.

Sixth day is day off.

Seventh day, you go to Abu Dhabi Bank to take your allowance, yes guys they pay you already, this is a gift from the company until you get your first salary. After that you go to take Residence visa Medical blood and chest x ray.

So I hope I was clear. If you like to ask anything else please do, I am here to help you and give you a hand as better and professional as I can.

So, guys keep your standards high, try to look as professional as you can, boys shave every day while training also on duty, girls wear knee length skirts while training and look immaculate in your make up always red lipstick, the instructor loves it and you will be appreciated, and yes DO NOT CHEW GUM, they hate it.
I hope I brought you some light into things around here.

Never forget, The Sky is the Limit!!!!

squirly
2nd May 2008, 07:20
Forgot to say that for all of this you have transoprtation provided. :)):p

Regards

midoy10
2nd May 2008, 12:18
:Dgood information think you squily :D

but the most important thing is the chest and teeth x ray it is an important detail so keep up to date with your great explication about training:ok:

Jihane86
2nd May 2008, 16:15
wow that was a very nice comment about your first wek with Etihad! I really can imagine how nice it must be for you now!!!! I hope that i can join soon as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still have no news but I guess that no news are good news, or I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!

maquillage1
2nd May 2008, 18:30
Congrats on making to the end dazednconfused! Hope to make it there soon as well!

As far as I know, you just wait until you hear back from them if you were successful or not. Then comes your DOJ, medicals, and moving to AUH.

How was the interview process?

Timea
2nd May 2008, 18:47
Is anyone here who is flying tomorrow on the 3th of may from Frankfurt to Abu Dhabi?

dazednconfused
3rd May 2008, 06:31
thanks... I'm well excited too:-) but at the same time a little nervous!

This forum helped so much! Literally nothing came as a surprise to me as the interview process was exactly as described:

-Reach test

cut off point

-Handing in your CV (you get a number!)
-Presentation about Etihad by the recruiter
-Being devided into two groups. One did the English test- one did the one on one interview....

Cut off point

-Lunch
-1 minute presentation.
-Goup activities.

Cut off point

-Filling out paperwork
-FINAL INTERVIEW:-)

anyways just ask if there is anything in particular you'd like to know! :)

Jihane86
6th May 2008, 18:06
Annyone here who has already confirmed date of joining?

The waiting time is making me crazy!

dazednconfused
6th May 2008, 18:16
Really want to get in touch with people from the assessment day in London on the 29th April....anyone here?? has anyone heard back from etihad yet?

Jihane86
6th May 2008, 18:28
hi they use to get back to you 7-8 days after assessment day! So you will know soon!

I am still waiting for my final approval!!!! May be I will be put into the batches of those who just hd their assessment days in April and the beginning of May! I hope so!!!

dazednconfused
9th May 2008, 05:51
where did all the people go???

I guess they all got DOJ's and went over to AUH...lol..

Still no one here from the assessment in London on the 29th April? It's been 10 days today and still not a word from EY....and I'm guessing they don't work today and tomorrow since it's their weekend..anyone knows if this is true??

If anyone's in here please tell me if you've heard back from them.. I'm getting more and more nervous!

lili2929
9th May 2008, 07:05
dazednconfused, It is true that they don't work on friday and saturday.

Be patient, no news good news ;)

Insh Allah
9th May 2008, 14:36
Hi Guys and Gals...

EY Offices closed from Thursady afternoon and re-open for business at 0400 UTC on Sunday morning.

Jihane86
9th May 2008, 18:19
it has been now three weeks ago that Etihad called me for my references! I dont really kno what is going on! SOme applicants who had their assessments just in april 2008 were already cleared up to do medicals and we who have been waiting for montns now nothing!!! I cannot understan this process!

I will call them and try to find sth out!!!

Cheers

rockerlpz
9th May 2008, 22:15
Hi guys, I entered the forum and Etihad website after a couple of weeks, and to my surprise, they changed the assesment day for New York in June 21st... now they say that you can attend by invitation via online application.... I 'm Very worried... why did they change it...!!!

I don't know where the venue will take place, I only know that it'll be on june 21 , 8:30 am, I don't even know if it will still be held in New York....

Now I kindly want to ask any of you: has any of you has already received the online invitation for the New York assesment day?, if you already did, COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHERE WILL THE VENUE TAKE PLACE?, that way I can attend that day, I;LL BE VERY THANKFUL IF SOMEONE CAN PLEASE GIVE ME THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION, I'LL REALLY APPRECIATE THE FAVOR, I'LL BE ALERT AND LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOUR ANSWERS. ( YOU CAN SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU PREFER)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

maquillage1
9th May 2008, 23:01
Hey rockerlpz:

My advice is to email someone in HR and let them know that you are willing to attend Assessment days in another city, even though it is not where you live. Chances are they will reply back to you.

The location of the venue will not be known unless you get an invite. Since it is by invite only, I would just wait it out and see if you get the invite, as showing up for an assessment day WITHOUT your name on the invite list will look just slightly unprofessional. If you do get an invite, it'll most likely come within a week or two of the assessment day.

Just email them and see what information they can give you. Good luck! :ok:

rockerlpz
9th May 2008, 23:26
Thank you maquillage1, I guess I'll have to do that, I need to ask them, but I don't have HR's email, could you Please give me thier email?, or does anyone know?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Jihane86
10th May 2008, 11:00
I had my assessment day at the end of 2007 and after ne week they contacted me with the results that my application was put on hold! The others were rejected a couple of days later! About 3 I guess!!!

I will call them next week to check my status out!!!

Jihane86
11th May 2008, 11:34
Thank u EYNEr but I have my contact person at Etihad! When she called me i immediately saved the number which was sent when they called me! So I will call and ask for her! I also have her name in mind so she will know who I am exactly:-)

Alina_cc
12th May 2008, 06:03
Dear all,

I got my visa and plane ticket!!!:ok: Whoooohoooo!!!
I'm leaving on Saturday to start training on Sunday with Etihad.
Can hardly wait! It's finally happening!
Wish everybody good luck in acheiving your dream, because for sure this is my dream and I truly believe this is one of the best jobs in the world.

dazednconfused
13th May 2008, 05:55
hello all,

Its been 2 weeks today since I had my final interview and I still havent heard anything! :( Do you think I should just wait till I hear something or would it be ok to call them tomorrow to check up on my status?

I haven't found anyone from my assessment day on her so have no idea if they already know or not..

wildcherry
13th May 2008, 12:51
Hello All! Anyone got an invite letter for U.S. Assesment Day? I just submitted my application today and hopefully I'll get an invitation soon..How long is the wait for the invite letter?
Goodluck to everybody!! Thanks...........

Alina_cc
13th May 2008, 13:36
Thank you very much, Jihane!
Hope you'll make it too!
All the best!

eendaa
20th May 2008, 09:38
Anyone starting training on the 15th of june...gosh...cant wait!!!!It feels soo sooonnn!!!!Yipeeee

rockerlpz
22nd May 2008, 22:24
Hi everybody, its less than a month for the Etihad assesment day here in the US. ... , does anyone have any information or news about it? ( where will the venue take place?).

I'm really anxious about all this, I still haven't received the invitation, but I Really need to assist... has any of you have received the invitation yet? or know if it still will be held here in New York?

Wildchery: Do you live in New York?.

I'll be looking forward for your answers, you can send me a private message if you want.

THANK YOU

westcoast_custom
23rd May 2008, 05:36
hey there people. Ive got my contract from EY. can i know if anyone has the DOJ of 6 july? cause that was the date given to me.

looking forward to seeing you guys there.

cheers.

Zsuzsa10
23rd May 2008, 15:00
Hey,

I ve got my contract a few days before, and my DOJ is also 6 July:) :D
Keep in touch, can wait to go:)
Byee
Zsuzsa

flapsforty
25th May 2008, 14:16
Having posts removed often upsets people, so why not stick to the oft-repeated forum rules and save yourselves the aggravation?
It's not rocket science people, really it isn't.

Posts in this forum MUST:

Be in English.
Not use text message abbreviations.
Make use of punctuation and a capital letter at the start of a sentence.
Not be used instead of private messages.
Have a point (i.e. be relevant to the thread and not social chatter)*

If you don’t stick to this, your post will be deleted.

* This means that any of the following stuff is not to be posted...
Facebook links, blogs, I'm so happy for you, woohoo I got it, wish me luck, send me a PM, msn me, will you be at the interview, follow your dreams etc. etc. All of this should be done by PM (link under a poster's name) on PPRuNe or by Text Message - in fact do it anyway that you want - BUT DON'T POST IT ON A THREAD. You need to be very clear on this - If your post does not contain concrete fact about the subject of the thread then it has no business on PPRuNe – anywhere.

AirborneSoon
26th May 2008, 09:29
Actually what's the big deal with writing in full sentences so others can understand you? Fair enough if English is your second language no-one expects you to write Shakespeare on this forum. Just be readable and understandable. And no, text messaging, isn't easy to read or understand all the time.

I personally hate trying to read text abbreviations. I do however love to read people's opinions, when I can understand them that is...:uhoh:

Door_One_Right
26th May 2008, 17:56
Has anyone here applied for Onboard Food and Beverage Manager?

Just wondering if the recruitment process is the same as Cabin Crew and if anyone has had any experience with this role.

flapsforty
26th May 2008, 19:11
EYner and other text-speak posters, the reason PPRuNe is the best aviation bulletin board on the world wide web, is because it is run by professional aviation people and mainly contributed to by (aspiring) professional aviation people.
And that is exactly how we want it.

English is the most used language in international aviation. As an aspiring flight attendant you will be required to do most if not all of your Safety and Evacuation Procedures course in English. Your exams will be in English.
A large part of your work will require English. Any In Flight Reports you file will be in English. Any Air Safety Reports you file will be in English.
And surprise surprise, IFRs and ASRs in text-speak will not even be considered by your company.

This forum caters for people from many different countries, a text-message abbreviation from somebody from the UK might be gibberish to somebody from Singapore. So to make all the posts easily readable to all the contributors, we require that you post in English and without text-message speak.

If you want to be an international Flight Attendant, this might be a good place to start practicing proper English Rather than text speak.
We all make mistakes, my English is full of mistakes. But mistakes are not the point, we don't require prefect English, not at all.

What we do require is that you make an effort to use capital letters at the start of a sentence, that you make an effort to use some basic grammar, in short that you aspire to the professionalism that will be required of you in your chosen career.

If you do not wish to do that, please go and frequent any of the many other bulletin boards out there that cater to your needs. They will not even come close to providing you with the quality of information you find here, but you will b abl 2 rite in txt.

PPRuNe is about the professional aviation community, those who have an abiding interest for aviation and those who aspire to become part of our world.

If you don't care to hold yourself to the high standards required, you should question if you belong in the world of aviation.

flapsforty
"Born Hungarian, raised in Dutch, living in Norway and posting in English."

10002level
27th May 2008, 09:40
Flapsforty,

I was taught at school never to start a sentence with the word "But". Consider yourself reprimanded. ;)

Mother is the most beautiful word in the English language, according to a survey of over 40,000 overseas voters and learners of English at our teaching centres. The survey was conducted to coincide with our 70th anniversary celebrations.

We asked over 7,000 learners in 46 countries what they considered to be the most beautiful words in the English language. In addition an online poll was run via our websites in all non-English speaking countries.

The online poll was constructed and the results analysed using Confirmit, the world’s Number one online survey and reporting software www.confirmit.com. Over 35,000 people voted.

According to the survey results, the top eleven most beautiful words in the English language are as follows:

Mother
Passion
Smile
Love
Eternity
Fantastic
Destiny
Freedom
Liberty
Tranquillity
V1

http://www.britishcouncil.org/home-70-beautiful-words.htm

OK, the last one was added by myself, but I guess that there were not many pilots among the 40,000 surveyed.

Mr 1A!
27th May 2008, 11:19
Well its been 3 weeks since my final interview and its killing me! :} This waiting game isnt so fun lol. One week feels like one month.... well anyways I hope I hear some news soon. Hopefuly good news!

By the way does anyone know whats the go with the asthma test for the medicals? I use to suffer from it as a kid but it hasnt botherd me for years now. Im worried that it mite effect me passing the medicals??? If you asthma or have had it does it mean you cant be cabin crew???:ugh:

Well hope someone can get back to me on that.

All the best to you all out there! :ok:

DivingDiva
27th May 2008, 11:39
Mr1A

I wouldn't worry yourself too much - I dont suffer with asthma however I do have other medical problems that have been picked up on previous medicals.

Normally - as long as it doesnt affect you now, it won't be a problem. If they detect that something is still not 100% they may just write it into your contract that you are aware of your condition and will get yourself check out on a regular basis to ensure you are fit to fly.

With asthma, I can not see any reason why it would prohibit you from any cabin crew vacancy.

Good luck - I hope you hear back soon! Its horrid having to wait for a result but I'm sure you'll have done fine!!!

Abby

maquillage1
27th May 2008, 13:03
Mr 1A: I am in the same boat as you, and I think a lot of people are in the same boat with us as well, LOL! I'm just waiting for the okay to do the medicals, and then hopefully, take off for AUH next month or July.

I agree with DivingDiva about your asthma. I believe that when you do your medicals, they basically want to make sure you're in good health, and that you don't have anything infectious or contagious, like TB, STD's, etc. You dont want to infect the rest of the crew. :}

See you in AUH!

Snuffles
28th May 2008, 09:38
Hi! I recently saw an Etihad uniform that was a light grey skirt, jacket and hat (minus the white scarf) with red gloves and a red and white scarf tied around the neck. Does anyone know who wears this? I was thinking maybe it was the cabin manager?

NordicJetSet
28th May 2008, 17:13
Yeah, it's the cabin manager. Etihad has two different service concepts, on the "inspired service" flights CM wears that uniform and there's also F&B Manager onboard those flights.

brisbane_australia
29th May 2008, 10:39
Hi, this is my first post on this web site, looking for some information about the hiring process at Etihad. I recieved an e-mail and phone call a few days ago telling me that I was hired and was wondering what the time frame was like for the future ahead.

I knew someone who was just hired my Emirates and she was told she had 12 months to work out when she could move over. And did so after 6 months.

I don't know what the time frame is for Etihad do they try and get you there asap? once your hired.

I am concerned because I have various commitements coming up like leases that need to be renewed courses that I am enrolled to study in that if I need to move over in the next month will be fine other wise the next window will be 6months!

MY BIG QUESTION IS : will Etihad wait that long? And will they think that I am just not interested if I even ask if they are flexible with that type of starting date.

I know everything doesn't work out perfectly all the time and I do SOOO want the job but its a huge move and there is a MILLION things that people have to organise hopefully someone can answer my questions. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Mr 1A!
30th May 2008, 09:30
Hey all.... I just got my call yesterday to say welcome!! IM STILL IN SHOCK!:eek: wow my dream is coming true after waiting for sooo long. Iv tried with all different airlines for the last 2 years and now its finaly happening...

My start date may change but it will be either 06JUL or 13JUL.

And to everyone out there trying, dont give up!!! I tried three times with Etihad alone and didnt get in until now. :ok:

Well still feels like a dream....sooo excited!:)

ziadhimself
30th May 2008, 15:29
Mr.1A..IS IT POSSIBLE TO KNOW WHAT IS URE STUFF NUMBER STARTS WITH?

irenekk
30th May 2008, 22:08
I have assessment invitation from EY and wanna to know how's the interview process? Is there any different part for excrew?

thanks

rockerlpz
31st May 2008, 22:54
Hi everyone, I checked the Etihad assessment days schedule the other day, and they put new dates for the interviews in the US, for New York they put: June 14, but now I just checked the website and they changed the dates again... , now they just changed it to June 20 and they don't even specify the place... , it just says US june 20 ... does anyone know what's going on???... , I still haven't received an email from them..

I'm starting to get really anxious about all this... I mean, at least I would like to know the final and real date for the Assessment day here in New York.. , does anyone know if they send you the invitation 2 or 1 week before the assessment day?.

Has anyone got the invitation already?? , if anyone of you know the real date for the NY assessment day, I'll be Very, Very Thankful if you could Please tell me, all this waiting is horrible... I Really need to know.. , you can send me a private message if you want, I'll be looking forward for your answers.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE

jqlass
1st Jun 2008, 07:14
OH my gosh... I went to the same open day as Mr1A and got "that call" the other day... ONly 3 weeks after the assessment day - they dont muck around thats for sure!! Im so excited but very nervous as well!! My start date is the 13th of July.... anyone else starting then??

brisbane_australia
1st Jun 2008, 08:48
Hi, now I have only ever attended one recruitment day about a month ago in Australia. They don't list the place its been held at on the net so randoms can't turn up they will let you know all the required info in your invitation email. If you don't recieve one then your not invited. There was people there on the day that recieved invitations two days before and a month before so it varies. The date has obviosly changed to the latest announced date, most likely due to logistical reasons trying to get them around to everywhere is prob difficult to organise.

My advice to you is if you do get an invite then relax before going I know this is such an exciting opp and might mean the world to you but I can tell you one thing for sure the girls that were the most nervous on the day were the first to go. When you think about it if they are going to trust you in a metal tube with their company name and potentially dollars that could be sued away because of your actions you need to be able to deal with some hairy situations. If they see you can't even deal with an iterview then your stuffed. hope that helped

Jihane86
1st Jun 2008, 15:31
YOu should call them ans ask them about your application! give them your reference number and tell them that you are able to attend the assessment day in New York! the assessment day is very very easy and as long as you have what they are looking for you will be fine! Just stay cool and relaxed and give them a call! They are very very friendly!

Of course it is an axciting opportunity an dtime is running! SO give them a call and get your invitation! At my assessment day they sent all those who were not invited back to home so don`t waste your time to ask for the venue if you wont`t get invited! May be the next time! Good luck anyway!

I`m starting on July 6th!

Mr Seatback 2
3rd Jun 2008, 08:29
Once you've done the interviews, and receive an email that your application goes through all the processes, how long does it take on average for them to give you the call?

A few of my friends have been called within 7 days...and others that are still waiting?

I know it's not an exact science...but is there a worst case scenario?

chicken or fish 2
3rd Jun 2008, 09:02
I've missed your posts Mr Seatback 2....
Sorry.....I don't have the answer to your question....BUT.... do you have any "hot airline" goss you could post on the other threads?

Thanks

Mr 1A!
3rd Jun 2008, 11:25
Hey there,

I just got confirmed that my start date will now be the 13JULY... Im soo excited but going MAD with the medicals :ugh:....and the cost of them!:eek: but it will be worth it I know... only thing is il have no money to start with haha.

So who else is starting on the 13th July???

Oh and mr seatback 2.... I feel for you!!! wish they would hurry up and tell you your starting on the 13th as well!!! Be great if we all in the same batch. :)

Pinball
4th Jun 2008, 04:42
Hi, anyone who will attend the assessment in Hong Kong? i'm wondering if anyone have received invites.

just wanna ask the people who joined the recent assessment. in your assessment how many people attended? how many were eliminated in each round? how many made it till the end?

dazednconfused
4th Jun 2008, 08:07
hey, at my assessment, which took place in London, we were 36 whos started out, then we got cut to 18 and we were 10 girls at the final interview..........:)

jqlass
4th Jun 2008, 09:02
Hey there Dazednconfused... how are you??
Have you heard anything from Etihad yet????

Mr Seatback 2
4th Jun 2008, 11:04
Add me to the list for 13JUL...FREAKING OUT!

Mr 1A and JQLass...liquor licences at the ready!

Jihane86
4th Jun 2008, 11:29
Hey Guys, please do us all a favour ans stop talking too much ****!!! This is a thread for the wannabees and not for any stupid comments!

I want to ask if it would be possible to do some of the vaccations over there in Abu Dhabi! I went to my doctor for the Hpeatitis A & B vaccation and it is called TWINRIX which is very expensive! I wanted to do this but he only can inject the first dose and the 2nd and 3rd one can be injected after a couple of months! So I was just wondering what those did who made their medicals already!

I think that there must be a possibility! My other vaccations are still valid and the other medical appendixes are nearly completed!

Wishung all those who are going through the process good luck!

Pinball
4th Jun 2008, 11:34
Thanks. how about the other people..

Hi, anyone who will attend the assessment in Hong Kong? i'm wondering if anyone have received invites.

just wanna ask the people who joined the recent assessment. in your assessment how many people attended? how many were eliminated in each round? how many made it till the end?

dazednconfused
4th Jun 2008, 11:37
I got the email telling me that they are processing for all the necessarry clearences and approvals...and thats all at this point... so its been a really long wait for me....just wanna get started on the medicals (if i get it!) and get an DOJ! anyone else waiting??

Jihane86
4th Jun 2008, 11:48
@Pinnball

At my assessment we were nearly 60 people, cut down to 14 and than to 7! It depends on the region u are aplyying from! I would think that many people from Far East would love to fly for Middle Eastern Airlines and there are also many people working for them from that region! I think that there will be many attending but it depends on the recruiters how many they invite!

The process is pretty easy! Just be natural, helpful, kind and professional dresed and show your good communication skills and you will be fine hopefully! Last but not least you need a little bit luck!

The recruiters are very professional and they know who to pick out! After the firstz big cut you must be aware of your body language and your outer apperance cause from this stage on they will be obesrving u carefully!

Good luck my dear and PM for any help you might need!

Jihane86
4th Jun 2008, 11:51
@dazednconfused

if you have received this email it means that u are in! YOu just have to wait for the call of the HR to ask you when u would be available to join and to start with medicals! Now you can relax and wait! The HR use to contact you after one or 2 weeks after they have received your file from the recruitment department!

dazednconfused
4th Jun 2008, 17:35
Thanks for the post! Made me really happy!! I have heard that before as well but I guess I feel I need to see the contract before anything is certain... :) Just really wanna get started on the medicals and get a DOJ so I can start preparing... did they give you one or did you choose your own date??
It's been a week since I got that email...so I guess I won't know till next week sometime...hopefully...

GALLEY_SCALLY
4th Jun 2008, 18:32
There are 2 open days listen on EY's Website. Just wanted to ask any of those who have had experiences with these 'Open Days'... It is pretty much self explanatory however on the site it says morning session 8am-11am CV Collecting etc.. And on the same day it states assessment day 12pm onwards...

So does this mean CV's shortlisted between 11am-12pm and candidates asked to stay or go home???

Any suggestions will be appreciated...

Mr Seatback 2
4th Jun 2008, 23:34
Jihane86,

Further to your 'comment' directed at me earlier in this thread...

Pull your head in. You're right, this is a wannabe's thread, and unknown to you, Mr 1A & JQLass were at the same seminar, and have been communicating feverishly over the last two weeks while we try and get in the same school together.

You've made a grand total of 17 posts, and you start a week before us - that's it. That hardly makes you a moderator or expert on all things Etihad.

If I want a lecture, I'll wait for the mods to jump in. Given that you carried on about waiting for months to hear, etc. in much of your posts before getting the call yourself, you're hardly one to point the finger on what's relevant and what isn't.

:suspect:

jqlass
5th Jun 2008, 00:50
Dazednconfused... I agree with Jihane86... that email is hopefully great news and i'm sure you will hear back from them really soon! Make sure you keep us all posted.

Jihane86.. I second Mrseatbacks comment to you, by no means are you a moderator on this site, and you have gone one step further than "talking ****" and started throwing stabs at people, which is completely unprofessional and uncalled for on a forum. I do hope your not like this in the real world, otherwise what fun we will all have working together!!!!

I have a question about hotel accomodation in the beginning. Is it true that we may have to share a hotel room during ground school... Can someone who is currently with the company or going through ground school shed some light on this?? Does it actually happen??

TightSlot
5th Jun 2008, 05:43
I'm sure the message has now been received - let's move on please.

EYner
5th Jun 2008, 06:17
I am currently working for etihad, and i had my own hotel room. i have never heard of anyone who has had shared a room before. some people who get their own guest appartment. It depends on ur luck but you will never share a room with anybody else, that's not etihad standards. i wish good luck for everybody. And concerning those people who already got the email saying : "we are processing your application ...." consider yourselves in "Congratulations" .

I would be happy to answer any question asked!

thanks!

Mr 1A!
5th Jun 2008, 10:23
hey, whats with the comment about talking ****... We are here as we all want to work for Etihad.... Every comment Iv read on here including the ones from Seatback are relevent to this thread. People want to know as much as possible. :)

Well everyone all the very best and remember dont give up! If they knock you back then try again...Thats what i did and now im starting in a month.... I still dont belive it but I have pinched my self every day to make sure im not dreaming hahaha oh and all the needles iv had.

Mr 1A!
5th Jun 2008, 10:30
The twinrix shot I was told by my GP that the 2nd and 3rd shots are every two weeks.... I should have all mine by the time I leave. But im sure over there they will have them because I was told I can finish my medicals over there.

Hope this helps...:)

maquillage1
5th Jun 2008, 12:45
I got the "we are happy to inform you we will continue to process your application...." email close to two weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for THE phone call telling me to go ahead with my medicals and what my DOJ is. Any idea how long the wait is to get the call?

Mr Seatback 2
5th Jun 2008, 13:06
Well...based on my experience, and that of my fellow trainees on my date..Wednesday is the day they do 'the call'...

Apparently...but it's a theory JQlass was very accurate about! LOL

maquillage1
5th Jun 2008, 13:15
Hahahaha, nice theory. Well, if his theory proves correct, I will have to wait another week for my call. The wait will definitely be worth it all in the end! Hopefully I'll get a date in July as well!

aussielebanese
6th Jun 2008, 03:51
i am interested in applying for onboard f&b manager
any information regarding the position would be much appreciated, from interview process, to training, job description etc i am australian speak fluent arabic so living in Abu Dhabi appeals to me
look forward to hearing from you
Cheers

Mr Seatback 2
9th Jun 2008, 03:18
Hey guys,

Out of curiosity, I've noticed that EY have started hiring for direct entry Cabin Managers/SCCM's...

What does the average CM earn at EY, compared to FA's?

dazednconfused
9th Jun 2008, 06:39
hey all,

Got the email about processing all the necessary clearences and approvals 12 days ago... anyone have any idea what those are and how long it'll take? getting really impatient now as my assessment day was almost 1,5 months ago so the whole process has taken forever....

Mr Seatback 2
9th Jun 2008, 08:34
Have they managed to contact all your references by email? One of mine was late with returning theirs, and that added an extra week to the whole process.

dazednconfused
9th Jun 2008, 19:29
they have only talked on the phone with one of my references as my boss was not at work when they called...they said they would call the next day but never did and I even sent them her cell phone number too....I figured since I already got the email that they had decided it was enough with one....but maybe not..... othing's happening though....

Jihane86
10th Jun 2008, 18:55
Normally they need reference letters and they sent special reference checks to the references you named! They contacted mine and asked them to fill out an attachment to their email and to return it! AFter my boss had done this they sent me the info that I have to undergo the security clearance and that the HR will call me!

If you are not sure give them a call! Sometimes it takes a long time but you always have to remember them as they are very very busy with recruiting!

Good luck + Cu in ABuDhabi!

dazednconfused
11th Jun 2008, 07:33
Today its been 2 weeks since I got the email saying they were processing all the necessarry clearances and approvals...yesterday I sent one of the recruiters an email and today I got a reply saying that someone from HR is gonna contact me soon in order to start the process of all the necessarry clearnaces and approvals....what does this mean?
I thought they would be doing that on their own and then contact me to start my medicals....getting slightly confused now..

Jihane86
11th Jun 2008, 11:22
The HR will send u the contract after they have received the security clearance! They will send u the contract and you will be asked to do the medicals by the HR! So relax and take it easy! They will call you for sure!

YPTD
11th Jun 2008, 12:29
Hey everybody.. I will be flying off on 4th July.. Anybody with me..?

amanda78
11th Jun 2008, 15:15
Just got an email through inviting me to an assessment day in London on the 18th June. Unfortuantely i will be away on this day so cant attend. Oh well maybe another time, ive just accepted a new job anyway.

flight04
12th Jun 2008, 23:27
Hey guys, I've been working for Etihad for just over a year now. I'm truely loving the job & the airline. Roster's have improved, layover's are great & the salary is one of the best in the gulf. Abu dhabi is a beautiful city and is very cheap to live in. Crew accomadation is new & in great locations. I've been home back to brisbane every 2 months since I finished training on either trips or days off. The airline plan to buy at least 50 more Jet's in the next 12 months. Expect a load more recruitment.

Cheer's

eckai15
13th Jun 2008, 15:16
hi everyone. im just ne here, i just wanna ask if anyone here knows when will etihad will open again for FA's here in the Philippines. Iam interested in applying. :) Thanks!

garyg20
13th Jun 2008, 16:02
Just a few Questions I hope I can get some answers to....

With regards to living arrangments, is it possible to request to live with a
friend if you both got the job? If so, how likely is it? (both males)

Is it possible to get married rosters at all or at least the same days off?

What does the medical entail? Does this have to be completed by yourself or by your own doctor?

Any answers to these questions would be much appreciated!!

Jihane86
13th Jun 2008, 18:37
Hi I am happy for all those who are loving Etihad and those who will join soon, me among them:-)

If you are successful at the Assessment Day they will give you 4 papers about the medicals that need to be fille dout by your doctor! There is the Medical history on the first page, the whole investigations, eyesight test, hearing etc. on the second page, the 3rd is coveerd by the vaccaniations and the last one is for your dentist! They doctor has to fill it out and if you are not able to complete them all you can call the HR and ask if it is possibile to do them in AbuDhabi but on the mediclas there is clearly stated that if you do not meet the minimum standards required you will not be employed with Etihad and will be expected to leave the UAE immediately. hope that helps!

flight04
13th Jun 2008, 21:15
To garyg20

Yes it is possible to request to live with a friend or batch mate. You will most probley be living in a hotel for the first 3 months. Hotel's are not to bad at all.

Married roster's are NOT possible YET. But you can request to buddy flight with someone on trips. You can also request the same days off together.
I live with my partner and we do this all the time. :)
Etihad are revamping there whole system. In the next 18 months or sooner everything will be online. You'll be able to swap, offload flights & pick up extra flights all from home. Also be able to partner up rosters & build your own roster. Like emirates.

Medical as above. You should get your medical done at home. I know it cost's alot but at least you have peace of mind knowing your not going to be rejected when you arrive here.

Hope that helped. Cheers

dazednconfused
14th Jun 2008, 13:21
I think its different from assessment to assessment what papers you get..at my assessment day we got papers about grooming and I know at other assessments they got the medical forms...
Hope I get the call from HR next week:):)

emirates girl
15th Jun 2008, 02:06
Hello- this is my first post- what a great website, I've been stressing with my Emirates assessment centre in 6 days (counting down:oh:). but after reading this link I've just applied for Etihad too- it sounds great! I read on their website they are doing australia recruitment in July - so wow hope to get into Etihad or Emirates and see everyone there- am I in the right spot for tips to get in? i've read over the emirates one- is it similiar? Thanks!!

rockerlpz
15th Jun 2008, 05:20
Hi everyone, Luckly I got the invitation 2 days ago! it says that the assessment day will be next sunday June 22, I feel kind of nervous! but I feel happy that I got the invitation.

Does anyone have any more advices of what else we should /shouldn't say / do or bring that day?. I'll be looking forward for your answers.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE