PDA

View Full Version : Total time

Ian_Wannabe
23rd Oct 2007, 21:18
Hi - I really should know this but....

Is total time classed as the amount of hours flown P/ut AND P1?

Or is it just P1 time (i.e the hours built after you pass your flight test)

I am wondering as in order to commence your commercial licence you need "x" Total time and so I either have 60 (done in training), just 4 (solo after passing), or 64 (total?).

Thanks

Bravo73
23rd Oct 2007, 21:21
Total time is everything.

P1+Pu/t.

Ian_Wannabe
23rd Oct 2007, 21:22
excellent - thank you

Am I right then with regards to the CPL training? I have it in my head that the total hours needed have to be solo?

FlyingForFun
23rd Oct 2007, 21:37
Am I right then with regards to the CPL training? I have it in my head that the total hours needed have to be solo?In order to start the CPL, you must have 150 hours total time (P1+PUT).

After completing the CPL training, and before applying for the CPL (i.e. sending the paperwork off to the CAA), you must have 200 hours total time, of which 100 must be P1.

(It would make sense, therefore, to have 100 hours P1 before starting the course, although this is not a requirement.)

This all applies to a modular CPL. Different rules apply for an integrated course.

Hope that clears it up. More details can be found in LASORS, section D1.2(D).

FFF
---------------

A and C
23rd Oct 2007, 22:31
A third of my E1 time counted towards the ATPL ....... so I think it is time for you to take a good look at that thing the CAA publish with all the reguations but none of the leagal speak.

Genghis the Engineer
24th Oct 2007, 12:25
Incidentally, P1 is all of your pilot in command hours, not just after you've passed your skills test.

So you probably have about 64 TT, and about 14 hours PiC.

G