PDA

View Full Version : SEP Revalidation

MrHorgy
8th Oct 2007, 11:11
Guys,

I think this has been asked before, I did a search but a lot of questions were quite specific - I just need a question answered.

*drum roll*

Am I right in thinking to revalidate my SEP(land), assuming I meet the hours and instructional requirements, I only need to have my logbook signed, and the license page signed, and that I DO NOT need to send my licence to the CAA?

Horgy

Blinkz
8th Oct 2007, 11:27
You need to do the hours requirements, have the instructional flight signed by the FI, then take your logbook to an examiner who will check all the requirements. You need to fill in a form which examiners signs as well, examiner will also sign your licence. You then send this form to the CAA, but it won't cost you anything.

MrHorgy
8th Oct 2007, 11:43
Ahh ok, thanks Blinkz! :ok:

Horgy

Brooklands
8th Oct 2007, 13:21
IMPORTANT - You must do ALL of the above BEFORE your current rating expires - othewise you'll have to do a flight test with an examiner

B.

PC-6
12th Oct 2007, 09:32
Does anybody have an SRG/xxxx number for the form that needs to be filled and signed by the instructor?

BEagle
12th Oct 2007, 10:26
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1119.pdf

It has to be completed by the applicant and by an Examiner.

Cusco
12th Oct 2007, 11:06
Cheapest and quickest way to do it is to (assuming you've done your hours) fly your hour with an instructor who is also an examiner, in your own aeroplane.

Cost: one hour with an instructor.............

He then will very kindly sign your logbook and your license, help you complete the form, sign it and send the stuff off to the CAA for you.

10 minutes tops.

Cusco:rolleyes:

BEagle
12th Oct 2007, 13:22
And if it's in a Permit aeroplane, the Examiner isn't allowed to accept remuneration either! Even cheaper.

I did one of those for a chum in his RV-4 - although he gave me a few bob for my petrol money.

MrHorgy
15th Oct 2007, 16:11
Thanks for your help folks, i'm all validated up to 2009 now :ok:

Horgy