PDA

View Full Version : IRT PASS -> SPIC or PIC

frogone
14th Sep 2007, 11:48
Hi,

Title says it all, if you pass the IRT. Is it logged as SPIC time or PIC?

Thanks

BEagle
14th Sep 2007, 11:53
Neither - it's PICU/S.

frogone
14th Sep 2007, 12:18
Umm... OK, actually that checks, I put everthing down as SPIC in my logbook, and not PIC U/S looks like there's a difference. :uhoh:

Can you tell me what's the definition of 'Instrument Ground Time'. Nothing in the LASORS.

(Trying to break down hours for ATPL :confused:)

IR

Blinkz
14th Sep 2007, 14:13
are you doing an integrated course? As I understand it only people doing integrated can use SPIC, other wise it is P/UT and PIC/US for a successful skills test.

BillieBob
14th Sep 2007, 15:09
Blinkz is correct, SPIC may only be completed when approved within an integrated CPL or ATPL course.

From JAR-FCL 1.001:

Instrument ground time: Time during which a pilot is receiving instruction in simulated instrument flight in synthetic training devices (STDs).

Kanu
14th Sep 2007, 15:18
I was under the impression that if you already had your MEP issued then the IRT could be logged as P1 (if passed ofcourse). I got that from the examiner that tested me.

neilia
14th Sep 2007, 20:13
It's logged as PIC/US for a passed test, and counts as PIC for the purpose of licence issue (from the examiner who passed me last week!)

Baboon Boy
18th Sep 2007, 09:51
Who gives a toss how it is logged?? A sucessful skills test counts towards ur P1 hrs, but no one is going to care if you log it as SPIC, PICUS, PRICK or anything else for that matter. Can u really see the CAA sending ur licence request back cos u logged ur IR skills test as PIC instead of PICUS? NO.