PDA

View Full Version : any1 up for a nice weekend?

Warrior2
15th Aug 2007, 13:40
hey everyone,

Waterford Aero Club is holding their annual Fly-In BBQ this weekend! if its like last years its gonna be great, and the best part, its all FREE, theres free landings on the day of the BBQ and free parking for those who register on their website, free food for all!!!! Register here http://www.waterfordaeroclub.com

If your plan to fly in, waterford Airport is PPR, and can be contacted on 051-875589

Hope to see ye there!

Standby Scum
15th Aug 2007, 18:39
Sounds fantastic. Where exactly is Waterford?

Trinity 09L
15th Aug 2007, 19:05
This weekend I planned to fly to Trim airfield, North of Dublin, but though the weather has cancelled this trip, I have been warned - without authority - that there may be restrictions on aircraft in respect of foot and mouth:ugh:. I hope I am wrong and all that fly there have a good trip.

slip and turn
15th Aug 2007, 19:15
Sounds fantastic. Where exactly is Waterford?Well its surrounded by a green and pleasant vista just a lttle bit inland from a picture postcard place called Dunmore East where at the Ship on a Saturday lunchtime the Guinness is like the taste of the sweetest stream on the finest day you'll ever find north west of the Saltee Islands .... but before you get carried away be sure you land squarely on the black stuff and make sure you have enough fuel to get out again because they've been known to run out of 100LL (but never Guinness) ;)

Fuji Abound
15th Aug 2007, 19:24
Well I hope to be there.

Are you part of the organising committee? I have sent you a PM :).

dublinpilot
15th Aug 2007, 20:06
Planning on being there too....great fun last year :)

slip and turn
15th Aug 2007, 20:40
Just to say I've no connection with Waterford and the surrounds other than having discovered it for myself one brilliant weekend!

Hope the weather and foot and mouth don't conspire to detract from what I am sure will be an excellent event.