PDA

View Full Version : Air Transat

dash8pilotCanada
3rd Aug 2007, 20:29
Air Transat advertises that you need 4000TT to get in.. Those are only the minimums, what type of experience do people have you are getting interviews.. ie. TT, JET TIME, PIC ect.. :sad:

troff
4th Aug 2007, 10:34
Ere it is...
Parlez vous Francais?
Pepsi 'an a Mae Wes' for da crew meal, SVP!!!
50, Export "A", poutine... an be a 'Abs fan, h'or better yet Nordiqies.
Neon painted rear haxle on da jack'd up Duster!
Das habout hit, tabernac! But dat is da minimum...
T
Oh... an' a glider license is good!
:}

Boeing737jock
4th Aug 2007, 15:10
Troff

You are full of ****! we have many pilots who don't speak French!

Dash PM me i told you what is all about!

Thank you

troff
5th Aug 2007, 08:05
A!
Careful wit' the language. You can urt a guy's feelings talking like dat about someone you don' no.
Tabernac! You better take back what you say habout me an what I am full of or I ham going to report your Anglo derriere to da moderator.
So, to retort, I shall use da hold stand by dat we ave for types like you... How you English say, I one more time-a unclog my nose in your direction, son of a window-dresser! I wave my private parts at your aunties, you
heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters. I burst my pimples at you and call your daughter an unrequested silly thing. You tiny-brained wipers of other people's bottoms!
Try any more and I will fire arrows at the tops of your heads and make castanets out of your testicles already! Ha ha! You illegitimate faced buggerfuls! And, if you think you got nasty taunting this time, you ain't heard nothing yet! Daffy English kaniggets! Thpppt!
"Hov course hi am French. How do tink I got dis reDiculas haccent"
Besides, who wants to fly that scary clapped out assembled-in-Toulouse-with-a-glue-gun junk?
T

Newforest
5th Aug 2007, 15:00
I would suggest the mods. be looking at your posts before you start throwing stones.

I hope your position when you are sitting is not in front of me with a closed security door between us.

Airbus's seem to be the favoured mode of transport for European heads of state, apart from Tony who chooses a B product which lets him down in S.A.

wrenchbender
5th Aug 2007, 16:13
"Ere it is...
Parlez vous Francais?
Pepsi 'an a Mae Wes' for da crew meal, SVP!!!
50, Export "A", poutine... an be a 'Abs fan, h'or better yet Nordiqies.
Neon painted rear haxle on da jack'd up Duster!
Das habout hit, tabernac! But dat is da minimum...
T
Oh... an' a glider license is good!"

You guys should lighten up. That's the funniest thing I've seen here in a long time! :D

laic
6th Aug 2007, 02:15
It takes a red neck to find another red neck's stupidities funny.

troff
8th Aug 2007, 11:03
A! I am da "pure laine", buddy, not a l'Acadie!!!
An don' you go an' confuse me wit someoder guy 'o like the steak from 'Halberta, eh?
An I done notin' but make fun of my own.
So da moderator his OK wit' dat.
Wat wrong to say I fart in your general direction? Eh?
An, I don need no security door to protek me from you.
I play 'ockey, eh? An I make sure you be on da business en' of da glove when I get my ands 'on you! English big shot jam tart from what? Toronto? We got our village idiot from 'dere! Tink yer smart eh? Sure da 'Habs are wimps since de move in da Bell Centre but it was good before wen John Ferguson take on all commers... I learn from 'im and I show you.
Bet you need autopilot to lan' when da wedder is no good... even when da wedder is good, tabernac! You don' even no WOXOF!!! You 'iding undr da cover in your cozy bed from La Baie when dat 'appen, tabernac!
T:}
Da pilot from Ste. Cecile de la Rubber Boot.

DHC6to8
8th Aug 2007, 16:22
I thought you might be one of those uneducated hammer swing'n Newfoundlanders that found their way out west.... to fill in during the housing boom....:)

But in all honesty: while sitting in FRA last month waiting for a trip I ended up sitting next to two pilots from Air Transat... nice guys (I thought), both spoke Quebec French and seemed friendly. Given that I have never met someone from Air Transat I attempted to speak to them: the captain's copilot had to do the translating for the him. :ugh: They were getting ready to Dead Head (DH) back to Canada via another European city (Somewhere in Belgium I think). When asked what they had worked earlier, the Copilot was from an eastern based charter outfit and the Captain was Canadian Forces - P-3 Orion Sub hunter.... refused to speak English, or pretended that he couldn't... the Captain asked why we are not speaking French - and then told us that we should learn French..... so I answered him in German: "does your first officer translate/do all the radio work/pax announcements/etc for you too?".... my first officer translated for him directly into broken Parisian French. We got up and sat elsewhere. It is because of jerk offs like this that people from the west of Canada and from outside the French speaking world "learn" to hate them......
I have many French friends from Europe and from Canada, and they always tell me that "these guys" are the minority - but I always seem to run into them:rolleyes:
I just can't understand how guys like this make it through a military selection, and end up working in an inernational enviroment...:yuk:
6to8

laic
8th Aug 2007, 18:49
dhc6to8,
You've made the whole thing up. You have to be a canadian to have come up with your first paragraph, not an european. Me thinks you have never taken off or landed your dash 8 anywhere but canada.
Your second paragraph is just a non-sense and you know it. You've just gone too far and shot yourself in the mouth by the same token.
This is called "hatred".

sec 3
8th Aug 2007, 20:00
I agree with you laic. Sounds like a load of crap to me. I worked at Transat for 7 years and never experienced anything like that. great company with great people:ok:

troff
9th Aug 2007, 14:53
A!
...hit's called 'atred"
Get it right, (mefie toi) Tabernac!
My Dad, 'es from Cornerbrook.
I swing a 'ammer pretty good too jus like my glove, eh?
A!
I got a new suit at Dorion Suit!
Its da bess!
T

Boeing737jock
9th Aug 2007, 15:37
We have 4 Newfoundlanders at Air Transat super guys ! fun to fly and drink like hell! i like that!

Troff is from Ontario that is for sure, are you a cousin of Dave Smirek? the famous Terminator....

jock:ugh::ugh::ugh:

sec 3
9th Aug 2007, 16:01
Dave was the Terminator in the old Air Atlantic days, is he terminating at AT now?:cool:

Auroradude
10th Aug 2007, 04:21
Troff,

My wife and I laughed our a**es off when we read your posts. I want to party with you dude.:D

laic
10th Aug 2007, 21:40
troff
We should all read "Trough", not troff, Your grammar is probably weak amongst other things. All pilots know what a trough is and as you know in french it means "creux".
The doctor says that there is a permanent trough between your ears and it flooded your brain, the damage is permanent and it's too late to operate.

troff
11th Aug 2007, 03:02
Da name 'as nutin t' do wit da wedder, you snotty fac'd wes-hiland hinglish school boy. You do nottin' wit a book! You never read da story abo' Troff? A! Are you da mine reader de hinglish use to call Kreskin? Das your narrow brain and pre-set believ habout tings you see in odder people tinking wit da min trust take off power! You ak lik you sum kin' of no it all austrlalien funny talking trainer pilot-type, all book, no 'ans an feet...
Commen' like dat can get da 'ockey sweater pull over the 'ead at da hen of da secon period, you no waht I mean? You gonna get da Ste Cecile full seal puuppy treatment, es ti! Play pika-boo wit da led fill' snoeshoe!
Dats 'ow pepol get da lesson taut to dem in Ste C de la R B... You gonna learn an it gonn urt you more dan me.
Now go on wit yur auto-mated Toulouse out-house wit wings. I ear henough habout you an your commen', you ugly bag of mosly water....
T

saudipc-9
11th Aug 2007, 04:17
Troff,
Dude you make me laugh:D Have a 50 on me;)

Boeing737jock
11th Aug 2007, 15:57
Dave was the Terminator in the old Air Atlantic days, is he terminating at AT now?

Nope look like it will be soon the reverse!

troff
11th Aug 2007, 16:35
"A!"
Saudipic-neuf! Mon-dieu! 50 cos' an arm an a leg ere dans "La Belle Province". Wen you gonna com on over an by one for me, tabernac? The tax, day kill me an' da road, it kill da Duster on' da way to da bar "Sex Ce Bon"!

Yacov
12th Aug 2007, 02:32
way to go Troff!
they need an nice polite education
those wooden posts been stuck in the ground so long they forgot they are human and not thought police:)
sorta like mods that don't get it , you know?
y
lol

GWC
13th Aug 2007, 09:03
Hey Troff
:D:D:D
Must say that I've not had such a good laugh for a long time! I too will buy ya a beer or two regardless of the tax implications!
Keep up the good humour!

troff
17th Aug 2007, 08:45
Tanks.
WILCO. (It don' translate, but hi get hit...)
t

Rosbif
10th Sep 2007, 17:23
Great stuff, Troff. Most fun of my career was at AT. Say hello to CL and the rest of the early 310 crews from the "Rosbif". Did I teach you the Monty python sketches, or was is someone else !!? And for the record, no, you don't have to speak French to work at AT.

troff
14th Sep 2007, 09:47
"A!",
Rosbif, dat's not wha' de tell me wen hi hinteview 'dere. Day say dat hi gotta speek en francais cause dats da language of da campagne.
Day also tell me dat dere is no leg to stan' on if I wanna take da issue to da language police cause it a private company an' day can do what dey wan'... Tabernac!:ugh:
T

billy34-kit
14th Sep 2007, 13:12
Troff, face it, you've been purely rejected based on the overall.....nothing more nothing less! We have ''some'' standard at AT!

Be brave and suck it up!

barberpole_squared
14th Sep 2007, 20:54
I don't know anything about AT, Quebec or Frenchman. But this is the best tread dat i av red.

Keep it up Troff and chill everyone else......

Peace

wadefac
14th Sep 2007, 21:15
Poor excuse for an airline...........if it weren't for gov't and union handouts ....airline would not exist.......starvation wages.....during the low months etc.. ....lots of guys moved to the Middle east..........typical Canadian airline :yuk:

gumbi
15th Sep 2007, 02:51
oooooohhh! my, my, my...
lots of p****d off, angry, bitter people here?
starvation wages wadefac??? facts please! Blame the government, not the company!
barberpole_squared... If you rely on this thread to learn about Quebec and French Canadians, I feel sorry for you!

troff
15th Sep 2007, 10:41
"A!"
...wat e' say, dat guy Billy 34???

"Troff, face it, you've been purely rejected based on the overall.....nothing more nothing less! We have ''some'' standard at AT!
Be brave and suck it up!"

Standard? What standard? Oos standard?

What his it dat I 'ave to "suck up"? I av' a job on a Boeing heavy metal an it's good. I see all da peppers from Neuveau Brunswick an I don' av to work ard to av company, you no wha' I mean? Dos' girls from MFC is da ones dat "suck it hup! :E

You Billy trante quatre! You no nuttin' about wat I go tru ta get da hinterview at da Air Trrrransat!

Day say hveryting is good but dat I speek wit too much hov a "haksent" for me to pass da tess, but day never say in WHICH language!

Hi am from Cte. Cecile de la Rubber Boot, but dat's ow we talk in Shawinigan! Hask Chretien, tabernac!

Dats it dats hall. Hi guess you anglo ultra defensive ouest islande type know it all bozo assume dat it was my French, eh??? :} Kniggot!

Now I don' care cause I don' drive the 'bus henyway let halone da old crates dey got at AT.

Merde, hi don' even av to risk mon vie on da 20 or da 40 to get to work. Hif da odder driver don' kill you da bridges mite get you.

Den dere's da cos' of da gas, too...

Phhhttttt!
T

Slapshot
16th Sep 2007, 17:02
Very interesting etymology of the term "Redneck"...

Mostly referring to People of Scot's heritage who came to North America - Canada and the United States - and worked hard to make something of the land... Outside, working the land, the back of the their necks got red and leathery from the sun.

Call me a Redneck and I take it to mean I'm a hard working guy that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, outside, getting the job done... :ok:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

troff
23rd Sep 2007, 13:53
"A! Redneck"

I whas looking at da reference to da term "redneck" (tete carre, wit da haccent ecu) an I 'av a 'ard time finding any kil', you know, da dress dat da guy wear in dat Brave'art movie, in any of dese website I check.

So, Slapshot, don' try to change da subjec 'ere. Wer talkin' bout da AT an da French an Hinglish, not WJ and "da Gars de Dos Brisee" (had da haccent).

Hi mean for you hinglish da "Boys of da Mountain wit da Broken Back", da movie habout da WJ pilote dat like 'is boyfrien', or someting like dat...

An' since you bring hit up, Leatherneck Slapshot kil' wearer wit no hundergarmen', can you talk habout da guy o was da very firs CP of da WJ?

I eard dat the tete carre (wit da haccent) management in YYC don' like im cause of is... well it not because of is religion, you know what hi mean? And dat dey send im "allez dans la rue" (down da road) for dat in da hen. Is dat true?:=

Hi guess you correct wit yor commen in da WJ hinterview tread habout 'aving someone recommen' you or no. Some time hi tink da WJ is still da holdboy club it has hallways been.

Henyway you chek out da websites an' tell me if you see any tar-tans?

http://www.redneckramblings.com/
http://www.redneckworld.com/
http://www.redneckenginuity.com/
http://www.redneck-trailer.com/

I will get some Laurentide and 50 an I horder some KFC for you hif you wan to come over for diner a la prochaine. We can wach Ockey Nigh in Canada an I let you old da remote jus to show wat a grea guy hi am.

T :E

Slapshot
23rd Sep 2007, 15:54
Well pardner... If'n you're gonna get that big ole bucket of fried chicken, I sp'ose I kin wrangle up a cuppla mae west's an a pepsi fer ya... Course you'd probly have a hankerin' for a 50...

You still do it doggie style watchin' the hockey game wit yer missus?

Don't you worry none... We'll keep providin' the lift you need fer yer charter ops, so you can show a profit :ok:

Y'all take care now y'hear!

gumbi
24th Sep 2007, 02:48
...am speechless...

troff
24th Sep 2007, 05:32
A!

I tought dat da tread was habout da guy dat wan' ta work for da Air Trrrransat an ow many hour e' need to get da job?

We were not discussin da favorite position of da Beverly-'Illbilly-Leaderneck-Slapshot-prarie-farmer-combine-driver when e' watch da Ockey Nigh in Canada wit 'is boyfrien'. H'im not gonna go dere.:yuk:

But wen e talk like dat den 'e remin me of da guy in da Pulp Fiction movie wit da pawn shop an da guy e keep in a box in da basement. You remember dat? Nice ledder outfit like your uniform, eh?

Henyway...

Hi was hable to muddle tru da Wikipedia ting you were talking habout. Dat his right habout da old scot and da work e did etc etc, but da meaning of da term change, eh, so hif you read down tru da 'ol, ow you say, "definition" (chriiist) den you come on to dis:

Modern usage
Redneck has two general uses: first, as a pejorative used by outsiders, and, second, as a term used by members within that group. To outsiders, it is generally a term for those of Southern (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States) or Appalachian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian) rural (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural) poor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty) backgrounds — or more loosely, rural poor to working-class (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working-class) people of rural extraction. (Appalachia also includes large parts of Pennsylvania (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania), New York (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York) and other states.) Within that group, however, it is used to describe the more downscale members. Rednecks span from the poor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poor) to the working class (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_class).

Bla bla bla... awl dos hinglish word dey give me a edake... But den I discover dis at da hend:

Exclaves
Alberta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta) and Saskatchewan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saskatchewan) are sometimes said to be the home of rednecks in Canada (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada), due to its similarities to Texas (oil, farming, and ranching). Like rural people elsewhere, some Canadians continue to see this as a highly offensive term while others have claimed it and proudly describe themselves as rednecks.

Ow com ou wan' to degrade da tread? Me, h'im jus aving fun...:}

So, Slapshot, stick wit da flightplan.

Wen you gonna hoffer good advise to da guy o wan to get on wit da AT hinstead of takin' da bait like a trou'?

Wat you tell da guy? Hit's a 'ot potato? Good stable hoperation dat give good olidays in da winter wit no pay? F/A's easier dan toas'? Career? Skipping...uhh, ow you say, steppin' stone to da big time 737, or even worse Hair Canada?

I tell da guy: Go for hit and den get on wit someone else when da hoppertunity com on. Dat's my hanser! (but heveryting still apply, all dos conditions as said before. )

...An my hoperation don' av any charter, and whe don' need midget jets to pick hup da slack neider. Heven wit your bes' ETOPS, day don' go far henuf... :E

O! An tanks henyway for da hoffer of da Pepsi 'an da Mae Wes'. Tabernac, you are a nice guy for a red-neck an all. I didn' tink dey sell da Mae Wes' hout ur way. Where do you park your trailer. I'll drop by, eh?

Better watch out, dough, da neighbours, and your frien'...day might talk to management, and den you be accuse' of being da wors' ting in da Prarie...

A 'Habs fan!!!:}

Donkey497
10th Oct 2007, 22:08
Guys,

This thread is the best thing I've read in a long time. Makes me wish I could get R.C.A Farce on cable over here. Thanks to one and all for the best laugh I've had today.

BUT, on a serious note, as Self Loading Freight, I've suffered what Dash6to8 described from cabin crew on AT. Previous to that I've always had great experiences flying EDI/YYZ with AT but after the last time when all but two of the cabin crew spent the entire flight speaking french, ignoring anyone speaking english and criticising the accents of the few in the cabin, myself included, who spoke french and ignoring our requests.

Pissing off an entire cabin full of tired, hungry scottish holidaymakers is not the smartest of moves at any time and I have to admit that I was not surprised when one of the male stewards ended up on the wrong side of an argument groundside.

I loved flying AT, up to then I had them on a par with BA at their best , but that one flight just soured me so much that it will take a lot before I fly AT again - I'll take my chances with Fireballs 1 & 2 instead.

Keep hup zee standaa of zee posts an zis could be sumzing good.

J.O.
11th Oct 2007, 15:30
Keep hup zee standaa of zee posts an zis could be sumzing good.

No wonder they made fun of your accent. You were obviously using "Parisian" inflection when speaking French, rather than AT standard of Quebecois. :)

sec 3
11th Oct 2007, 17:14
Hey troff,you're a habs fan? Now it's confirmed you're a moron:E

gumbi
12th Oct 2007, 00:51
Your reply is OBVIOUSLY tongue-in-cheek... isn't it J.O.?

J.O.
12th Oct 2007, 13:20
Your reply is OBVIOUSLY tongue-in-cheek... isn't it J.O.?

Absolutement, mon ami! :) You have to admit that his inflections sounded more like someone from Toulouse than someone from Trois Rivieres. :p

I flew to Europe and back with you folks twice this summer, both times in Club Class, and every sector was a very pleasant experience. Great service from the crew, almost perfect OTP, excellent announcements from the front end and our bags were off quickly every time, which is more than I can say for your main competitor's so-called premium class service to Paris and the UK. I'd gladly fly with you folks again (and probably will).

Cheers!

Jeff

troff
14th Oct 2007, 17:25
"A!"
Sec trois! Dat's "rich" what you say habout me being a fan of da Habitant Club de Ockey! Moron indeed... Chk da record hov da team, eh? You can not be a winner all da time... Dey like to play golf too, like da Maple Leaf...
Dey awl no heach odder anyway hoff da hice if dere from La Belle Province, or somewhere helse dat dey drive combines and pick up truck. "Ell, d'ere all child millionare henyway, so 'o care but da guy 'o like to buy beer, drink dat poision from da "Timmy's" or shop at Canadien Tire. A! Day smart henuf not to run out an' get a pilot license da day dat dey turn 16...
Now, dat part hov da rant his hover... But de're more... I'm not finish, ere.
So, I see dat yor 'andle say dat your location is "da Twilight Zone" an now DAT his confirm...
Hi suppose dat you anodder one hov da "Boys hov da Mountain wit da Broken Back" hout dere in YYC? An mabbee yu har da fan of da runaway Hatlanta team dere, da "Flames". Hif so, den I suppose dat dat wud make you a, wat? "Flamer?' :E
Heneway, dats wat my wife say dat dis tread his gone to... some "eye-tek" (she design semi-conductor) word to say dat now pepole ave nuttin' lef to do but put hech odder down and call hech odder name an dat sort of ting. What she call in er perfec' hinglish: "sinking to the lowest common denominator".
I guess hif she his right den dis tread is a Flamer. Dats too bad dat it go dat way.
I still don' like da idea of da guy talkin' habout all dat "doggie style" stuff, wen e watch da Ockey Nigh in Canada or WWE mud wressling wit 'is boyfrien', dat hi shud try wit my wife... dats not good. := Mebbee I call da moderator, eh?
Mus' be 'appy now if 'e's an Anglican, eh? 'E an is partner can get an ID 90 over to Ottawa an "tie da not" dere no 'assle now! :} Reception at 'da trailer park?
Ooo... dats not nice to say dat. J'excuse. Da Catolicks been gettin' away wit dat funny stuff for a long time now. Only latley 'as da problem come "out of da closet" dere.
So wat habout da guy and 'is AT job? Henbody got sometin' to say to dat guy dat's, ow you say, constructive? :ok:
Dat's why e put da question out dere henyway, tabernac!
"A!" I try an give da PPRUNE readers someting to enjoy instead of da usual boring winer types going on about 'ow bad tings are wit dis an dat... All dos pepole shuld remember where dey come from in da firs' place.
Ya ya, I no I 'av 'ardly even touch Equipe Rouge. De're time will come.
T