PDA

View Full Version : Civilian ac, military colours and the continent

Grob Driver
2nd Aug 2007, 11:10
I wonder if someone can please offer me some help / guidance. I’m planning two European trips. The first being a weekend in France (sometime in the next month or so) and second being a trip to Poland (next year!)
I’m going to be taking my Auster which is painted in Army training colours and doesn’t show it’s Golf registration.
Does anyone know what permissions I need (if any) to fly a civilian aircraft in military colours over on the continent? Anyone help / advice would be very gratefully received.
Kind regards

Grob Driver
3rd Aug 2007, 19:25
Can anyone help me with this?... Or at least point me in the direction of an answer?... Please!

nimbusj15
3rd Aug 2007, 19:37
As a start I would contact the relevant authority of the State that you wish to operate in. If you contact either the PFA or CAA Aircraft Registration Dept they should be able to point you in the right direction.

I seem to remember that the French issue some form of letter of permission which needs to be in the aircraft with you.

SWBKCB
4th Aug 2007, 17:46
My understanding is that the exemption to fly without displaying the correct G dash only applies in the UK, and you need get permission from the appropriate foreign authority before flying through/into their airspace.

Kerosene Kraut
6th Aug 2007, 08:57
All german warbirds I know of seem to have their current formal reg painted on somewhere too even if they are otherwise painted in the original colours.
Just make sure: The display of swastikas is formally (and seriously enforced) forbidden in Germany (except for very few "historically required" museum or movie a/c with a special permit) .
But that shouldn't be a prob on your Auster.
If you have a permit from your "local" authority for your paintstyle it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe there's some fineprint what to do on international flights?
This is the Luftfahrtbundesamt (german CAA) phonenumber and their public affairs spokesperson's. Maybe you can ask them.
Telefon: +49 (0) 531 2355 0
Fax: +49 (0) 531 2355 750 / 751
Pressesprecherin des LBA
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit Cornelia Cramer 552 [email protected]