PDA

View Full Version : 717 Flap retraction

Rate1
22nd Jul 2007, 02:41
As an ATPL and someone who travels on 717's regulary I am curious to know why landing flap (leading and trailing)is not retracted until the aircraft almost comes to a stop on the bay.

Cheers

cunninglinguist
22nd Jul 2007, 02:49
Flap 25 ( which gives full LEDs ) is the flap setting for evac so the pax can slide down the wing onto the flap and onto the grd with minimal damage.
Of course, real aeroplanes have o/wing slides....................................

( ducks for cover ) ;)

Capn Bloggs
22nd Jul 2007, 03:26
Nice try Cunning. Flap 18 is left out until almost parked to provide FOD protection for the super hairdryers, less they get damaged and blow up later on...

neville_nobody
22nd Jul 2007, 03:38
less they get damaged and blow up later on

Like the one in Newman :E

cunninglinguist
22nd Jul 2007, 03:50
18, 25, wots 7 degrees between friends.

At jet* ( at least thats wot I was told ) it was incase we needed to get people out in a hurry, thats why we left them down til almost on the bay.

FOD from the mains at taxi speed :confused:

Capt Claret
22nd Jul 2007, 12:32
I am curious to know why landing flap (leading and trailing)is not retracted until the aircraft almost comes to a stop on the bay.

Flaps/Slats - Move FLAP/SLAT handle to 18° detent.
NOTE: Flaps/slats should be in the 18/EXT position for taxi-in to
minimize foreign object ingestion.

FLAP/SLAT Handle - Move FLAP/SLAT handle to UP/RET prior to gate parking
position. Verify flaps move to zero.
Flap/Slat lever selects slats extend first on extension cycle, and slats retract last on retraction cycle (Flap 0/Retract > Slats Extend > Flap 13 > Flap 18 > Flap 25 > Flap 40)

Watchdog
22nd Jul 2007, 12:34
geez cunninglinguist, didn't you read your FCOM?

Capn Bloggs
22nd Jul 2007, 15:52
FOD from the mains at taxi speed

With Speedy Pete driving, MBO! :}

geez cunninglinguist, didn't you read your FCOM?

What's an FCOM?

Watchdog
22nd Jul 2007, 17:05
What's an MBO? :E

Agent86
22nd Jul 2007, 23:20
Ah ..bloggsie ..you can never go back to your beloved quadropuff now! BAe have worked out how to make money when they don't make aircraft. Make aircraft manuals! All MOM (Manufacturer Operating Manual) are now to be FCOM.

Want a job rewriting 146P?:cool:

Capn Bloggs
23rd Jul 2007, 00:14
MBO
=My Bloody Oath.:ok:
Want a job rewriting 146P?
Not necessary No 96, 146P was and still is streets ahead of anything the Poms could produce. Still, I suppose it will give a few people a warm and fuzzy feeling to be using an FCOM.:} Ooo, I love my FCOM...

Naughty Dobby! Get back on thread! :=:=

cunninglinguist
23rd Jul 2007, 05:52
i'll third that, wots an FCOM :}

Think I've listened to too many old wives tales, like waiting for some magical N2 figure before fuel on and leaving the APU start switch in " on " ( or was it run )for 30 secs before starting :\