PDA

View Full Version : Clark Institute of Aviation

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

ZFT
26th Feb 2008, 11:36
MPL is all about saving on costs ... you are the product of this cost cutting.....

Sorry but this is absolute rubbish. MPL is more expensive.

accio
29th Feb 2008, 23:54
there are exams or progress test for every topic. since it's a computer based training, you take the exams on the computer and just by some clicking, you can get all the answers from the computer (network) itself.

kahit di ka nag review or kahit nag review ka and you don't understand the subject, you can still perfect the exam. of course risk ng student un pero what i'm pointing out now is that, MATT WOOD or the CGI found out about this but they DID NOT DO ANYTHING to address the situation.
meron pala, they wanted everyone to do a retake but di din natuloy.

They are afraid that it will delay the approval of the MPL license.
Imagine, may sagot ka na before taking the exams.

i myself benefited from this cheating and up until now, i feel that i'm a half-baked cookie.

HIT SCORE TEST!!!!

Zone 220
1st Mar 2008, 01:24
i myself benefited from this cheating and up until now, i feel that i'm a half-baked cookie.
____________________________________________________________ _____

You admitted to the people who reads this thread that you're still cheating up to now... And you're telling us, you're still a half-baked cookie!!!

Di ba katangahan yun???? You already realized and felt you're still half-baked but you still continue to CHEAT!!! Wag ka na mag-piloto!!!

Save your parents money from being wasted on you!!! OGAG ka pala!!!:yuk::}

And you thought you will be applauded by posting your own stupid comment:}

P.S. you're not half-baked! Coz you're not yet in the oven....

ww1
1st Mar 2008, 12:00
What the hell is this world coming to? First we have this idiot kurimaw who admits to stealing private/classified documents, and now this retard accio admitting to cheating on exams. If you're going to pull these stunts, guys, at least have the common fecking sense to be ashamed, and not announce it to the world.

"i myself benefited from this cheating and up until now, i feel that i'm a half-baked cookie"

Hey, accio - didn't it ever occur to you that you're a "half-baked cookie" BECAUSE you cheat? You were expecting maybe that we'd all ooh- and aah- and fuss over you because you were clever enough to find a shortcut?

I'm sure there are other people out there who applaude your "initiative" , but I for one am somewhat less than impressed.

accio
2nd Mar 2008, 12:35
tapos na, graduate na ako and i'm already in the flying phase.

when i was in ground school, nag aral talaga ako until the wee hours of the night but most of the time, the time set for the subject is really not enough. you have time to read but no time to re-read. imagine 80 or more pages then exam the following day. i think most who are here inside of CA will agree. the time table is really not achievable - considering na computer based training pa.

the instructors themselves gives the answers - directly and indirectly kase sila mismo di nila alam ung nasa CBT. but ok at least not all of the answers, just enough correct answers for you to pass.

but the fact that the chief ground instructor knew how the system is being exploited or the answers can be easily accessed (the cheater demonstrated how the WORKS) and yet, HE DID NOT DO ANYTHING TO SOLVE or address the issue. i really wished na MGW allowed us to do the retake. i really don't see the reason why MGW recalled his previous decision do let all of us do the retake.

i know katangahan talaga. kaya siguro nasa clark av pa ako. kung wala lang akong binding contract sa ceb pac, aalis na din ako.

thank you,

half-baked cookie

ZFT
2nd Mar 2008, 16:41
Yet again this post (copied below)was removed by the mods - why? This time at least have the balls to respond to my PMs, my emails and previous comments.

Quote:
ZFT = CEO

Four Stripes.

I've refuted similar accusations in the past and for some obscure reason the posts were deleted. Mods please DON'T detete this.

You sir/madam are making statements that are totally untrue and additionally you are pi$$ing me off.

Put up or shut up!!!! – US$1000 to Danny’s favorite charity if I’m who you say I am. You submit the same US$1000 to Danny’s favorite charity when you’re proved to be the lying, stirring idiot that you are.

Care to take this on?

ZFT
3rd Mar 2008, 06:21
Four Stripes.

Who? US1000 says I have absolutely no association with Clark/Alpha etc..

AvEnthusiast
3rd Mar 2008, 10:29
Hey, isn't there anyone from Philippine Pilot Training Center in this forum? to put some comments about this school. Leave the bad ones every body who reads this thread will understand what to do. But, what about Philippine Pilto Training Center? or the whole Philippine avition training situation has been detritus.

AvEnthusiast
12th Mar 2008, 05:24
Hello Fellows,

I would like to know what the difference between Philippine Pilto Training Center and Visayas Aerospace College and Technology is ? I mean which one of them has better reputation? Due to fully booked of PPTC I have been offered to have my training with Visayas Aerospace College and Technology.

Regards,
Aventhusiast

skyhighbird
13th Mar 2008, 11:24
Can someone please tell me, either here or via PM exactly what the hell is happening at CIA. I seriously thought about applying but all I have heard is some really terrible things about CIA and not many people defending it. Where are the students - aren't they members of PRUNE?

I would like to hear exactly what the problems are - if there are any. Since CIA started in Jan 2007, has anyone actually got their MPL yet? I would really be interested to know everything that has been happening.

paolylo
14th Mar 2008, 07:45
i don't know what's been happening to the ground school but as for the flight line, CA owes more than a debt of gratitude to OMNI, our full-time flight instructor, and our part-time flight instructor... without them, consider all of us cadets forsaken. also give credit to the newly hired instructors waiting for their R2120U rating, they help us cadets by prevent us from rusting while waiting at least a week to fly pre-solo sorties.

a second level D A320 flight sim is on its way, awaiting cadets for their type rating and Cebu Pac pilots's training. CA's doing it's job, but everyone feels that they can do more if they ought to accomplish what they said they'll do.

cheers.

Cessna1052
14th Mar 2008, 20:26
Etihad launches global pilot cadet scheme
By Murdo Morrison ([email protected])
http://adserver.adtech.de/adserv%7C3.0%7C289%7C1061239%7C0%7C277%7CADTECH;loc=300;key= key1+key2+key3+key4;grp=[group] (http://adserver.adtech.de/adlink%7C3.0%7C289%7C1061239%7C0%7C277%7CADTECH;loc=300;key= key1+key2+key3+key4;grp=[group])

Abu Dhabi's Etihad (http://www.etihadairways.com/etihadairways/global/en/experienceetihad/TheEtihadFleet.htm) is launching a worldwide cadet scheme for aspiring first officers as fast-growing airlines in the Middle East and Asia battle to recruit enough pilots.
It will complement Etihad's existing cadet programme for UAE nationals, which started last year as part of a campaign to convince more locals to train as pilots with the flag carrier.
Although global demand means the pool of experienced first officers is rapidly draining, this is believed to be one of the first times a major carrier has promoted a scheme to train and offer jobs to foreign youngsters with no flying experience.
Etihad plans to launch its first course around June, with a group of 12 would-be pilots. Two further intakes of 12 will follow later in the year. The trainees - school-leavers or college graduates - will move to Abu Dhabi where they will do around 18 months of ab initio training at Horizon Flight Academy (http://www.horizonuae.ae/faq.php), followed by several months of instruction and line-flying under supervision as second officers. They will pay back their fees over eight years as bonded pilots.
The airline, which is expecting a "massive response" to its first advertisements, is looking for "people with a passion who are committed to being a pilot as a long-term career", says Etihad's executive vice-president operations Richard Hill. "We will be selecting from the top percentile of applicants - the cream of the crop," he adds.
A total of 48 students will join the separate scheme for UAE nationals in the first year. The airline is keeping the two groups apart initially because of different skills sets and competence in English, but they will be integrated as soon as they begin their flying careers. "We want to make sure there is no divisiveness," says Hill.
Etihad has a fleet of 37 aircraft and will take delivery of 16 more by 2011, including seven Airbus A330s (http://www.flightglobal.com/directory/searchresults.aspx?navigationItemId=388&aircraftCategory=CommercialAircraft&manufacturerType=CommercialAircraft&searchMode=keyword&Keyword=a330&Manufacturer=) and four A320s (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2008/01/01/221129/airbus-a320-aircraft-profile.html) Dubai-based rival Emirates says it has no plans to launch a similar scheme, although, like Etihad, it runs a cadet programme for nationals.* Flight International will be covering Etihad's plans in detail in our Careers in the Middle East supplement with our 8 April issue.
Separately, the carrier as a major sponsor of Ferrari F1 this season the team unveiled its 2008 livery at the Australian Grand Prix (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2008/03/13/222198/pictures-etihad-airways-signs-three-year-sponsorship-deal-with-ferrari.html)

paolylo
14th Mar 2008, 23:58
sir FourStripes:

i don't believe i said it was brand new. i've heard rumors of us cadets being shipped to HK for the A320 type rating if it so happens that the current sim can only accomodate the Cebu Pac pilots :ooh:. the fact that it's on its way should be reason enough to look forward to something in this school. nobody knows when, but any welcome news is better that not hearing a thing.

to think that's probably a long way to go if one were to consider the flight line's program... i'm happy that our core flying phase will be moving swiftly once the new instructors get rated, but i try not to think how long it's gonna take to finish IFR training (given the present situation)... or once that's done and commence the type rating (or everything else in between). it's bad enough for Cebu Pac that CA's making them wait, but personally i think the delay gives us cadets more time to be engrossed in flying... even if it only means sitting infront of mock-ups or bunk-flying inside the cockpit.

Tigs2
16th Mar 2008, 06:38
Very polite request!

Would everyone who keeps posting in English and then breaking out into using short phrases in other languages/tagallog etc please refrain from doing so. It really does reduce the Situational Awareness of those of us who don't speak the language, and takes a lot of sense away from your posts.

Thank you in anticipation:ok:

Tigs2
17th Mar 2008, 09:29
9ball

no I was not referring to that post in particular. Just perhaps the part of it such as

i know katangahan talaga. kaya siguro nasa clark av pa ako. kung wala lang akong binding contract sa ceb pac, aalis na din ako.

and previous posts where it all appears to be getting a bit fractious. I am certainly not referring to that post in the manner which you are. As I said, I simply placed a polite request, that if contributors could stick to English it may help those of us that do not speak Filipino etc to stay with the flow of the discussion.:ok:

Horatio
26th Mar 2008, 11:48
9Ball

You have served to prove to everyone here what was already known by many. You are one and the same and/or acting in cahoots with Manina, who previously published the report on the other thread. It only demonstrates the real intent of you and your small gang. It also identifies your real identity, as that report that you have published was of limited and restricted distribution.

That constitutes a serious breach of confidentiality on your part just to add to the increasing list of your misdemeanours. Breach of Confidentiality Agreements is a serous issue, covered by law. I'm surprised that you would advertise your guilt for the whole world to see! Another "home goal" I reckon.
:ugh:

yowdude
26th Mar 2008, 12:54
that gulfair audit really looks BAD! who the hell is incharge there????

spo3nazgul
26th Mar 2008, 15:04
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if CIA already graduated a batch and if things there are going smoothly eg. (no more delays).
and can anyone also shed light if cebupac will hire the new graduates and if CIA has the connections to get the graduates employed...
pls i need help on this....
thnx any help would be appriciated

alpha12039
26th Mar 2008, 22:44
So are you going to sue 9Ball now??

Great job 9Ball and Manina for having the guts to pull that stunt!

You have what it takes to make it.

As for you Horatio go tell your friend MP the CEO to drink more whiskey.....:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

skypilot66666
8th Apr 2008, 08:51
which consultant opposed your thoughts??? care to give initials

skypilot66666
8th Apr 2008, 09:04
this new management only knows how to talk and spend money.. that new guy thats running all there just not that good. they worry more about the employees that us students. employees were forced to resign and if they wanted to work for IH, they could at a very low salary, yet they pay him Php300,000/month. One of there workers at clarkton even told me he was fired for compromising his position

I wish they would get there heads out of the butts and get the school going the right way. i dont ever thinks thats going to happen. i even heard IR was scolded by students asking about a rumor that the flight school would be transferred to another country.

we student should stand up for our rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

again, what about us students, WHAT DO WE GET OUT OF THIS?????:mad:

St. Ex
9th Apr 2008, 00:24
which consultant opposed your thoughts??? care to give initials

Does BH ring a bell? Clue: His last name is the same as that of a TV wrestler as well as a very famous golfer.

apachelongbow
9th Apr 2008, 06:18
So much for your course in 32 K $. the website www.philippinepilot.com/
is suspended.

smbl
13th Apr 2008, 08:29
Any new updates on this school? What are the 1st batch of cadets doing now?

paolylo
13th Apr 2008, 08:47
still IFR flying C172's at OMNI with batches 2 & 3.

smbl
13th Apr 2008, 10:00
Hi Paolylo,

Given your experiences, would you still recommend this school to wannabe pilots?

puliszaido
13th Apr 2008, 23:51
How come you are posting in this thread? Didn't Rick Norman ban all the cadets from posting here or was that just a rumor?

paolylo
15th Apr 2008, 06:59
@smbl

if you can picture a rookie ball player with a good upside, that's Clark Aviation. it's a great program on paper but the school hasn't produced a Multi-Crew Pilot's License holder like they said they would 15 months ago. i recommend the training however 4 Million pesos is a huge gamble considering that the school has 4 planes, 1 active flight instructor, 1 ALSIM flight trainer, 1 level D A320 simulator (fully booked with Cebu Pacific base/recurrent checks)... for about 90 cadets in the flight line this time, 40 of which are doing the training at OMNI under a lease agreement.

@puliszaido

that's a rumor alright. most of us are either too embarrassed to tell the truth or just more focused with the training anyway. it's bad enough to fly one pre-solo sortie once a week if weather conditions permit, i'm just posting because i'm bored and i'm waiting for my turn to fly solo. hopefully i get my chance to be released next week or this weekend.

Cessna1052
15th Apr 2008, 09:24
Hello Wannabees,

Any of you out there tried applying for The Etihad Foreign Cadet program???

Have you heard about it? They're recruiting individuals to be trained as one of their own Pilots. Cost of training is FREE, of course, but you have to serve the Airline for a Minimum of 8 years( this is unconfirmed number).

Check out their website under Careers with Etihad, I believed you can submit your application Online. Ads are out as well on Flight International Magazines.

I hope some Filipino "wannabees" will find this Challenging and interesting.

I know for myself I'll try this if I am still a Wannabee.

Cheers,
C1052

FourStripes
15th Apr 2008, 09:51
@paolo

Good Luck on the upcoming solo flight. I know that you can do it! is 3543 flying already?

BTW what does you Dad think of the delay? Aren't your parents worried that all that investment in CA will go down the drain?

paolylo
15th Apr 2008, 17:20
thank you sir FourStripes. 3543 feels more stable than the other three... if ever, i'd rather solo with that plane.

with all due respect, i can't speak for my dad. even if i would... it isn't something i'd just post here. but personally, i understand the delays and i'll give the school credit for some effort... but i hope they can expedite.

smbl
15th Apr 2008, 17:57
Hi Paulylo,

Many thanks for your candid and honest response. I wish you all the best! :ok:

Hope you can still post in the future when you're flying commercially already so that we get updated on your story and of the other cadets.

9ball
18th Apr 2008, 01:54
http://downtown.vc/FVBWZPHKULMD/GulfairAudit.pdf.html

See why Gulf Air did not consider CIA for their training...........

Where does Gulf Air train now?

Zone 2 Alt
20th Apr 2008, 04:35
Gulf air are not conducting cadet training at the moment. The last Gulf Air Courses are finishing at Qatar Aeronautical College in Doha. Hope that helps 9 ball!

ryezen
22nd Apr 2008, 11:06
wow looks like CIA has a lot of issues at the moment... wish I found this thread before I took the assessment so i could have clarified these issues with the CGI the during interview.

I took the assessment early this year although I have been wanting to do so since August last year. Perhaps it was a good thing that I didnt rush it. anyway based on what ive read so far im hardly discouraged with enrolling at the institute (hopefully within the next few months).

problems will always exist, and a company which is just starting is sure to encounter a lot of bumps along the way. i sympathize with the the cadets who feel they are like guinea pigs although they should have conditioned themselves to expect delays given that the program is still very new. part of the risk in joining too soon...

anyway im looking forward to reading more on this topic, the MPL program and aviation in general. keep this thread alive guys! :cool:

-just a wannabe who's gonna be eventually hehehe :O

alpha12039
23rd Apr 2008, 01:18
I feel sorry for you for not being able to read the writing on the wall. Better cut your losses as early as now and look for other options since you can spare 4M pesos.

FourStripes
27th Apr 2008, 00:29
SOME of the many misconceptions about the Multi-Crew Pilot Licence program are being swept away as pilots start to graduate from courses around the world.
Many believe that MPL is a knee-jerk safety-compromising reaction to the world's pilot shortage, but the reality is quite different.
MPL was developed by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) over six years in response to airline requests for a far more focused path for pilots.
For generations, airlines have relied on a steady stream of pilots from the military and GA (general aviation) but the supply can no longer meet demand and the poaching of pilots has become the norm, with countries such as India forced to legislate to bring stability to the pilot ranks.
The MPL, incorporated in 2006, is designed to train pilots between 12-18 months with 70 hours of actual hands-on flying, 10 hours of which must be solo, with a total of 240 hours simulator time.
However, Boeing's Alteon, which is conducting a beta test program in Brisbane with six Chinese pilots, is going beyond the ICAO MPL criteria requiring the trainees to spend 96 hours ina single-engine Diamond 40 aircraft and 350 hours in the Diamond DA-40 and 737-800 simulator.
That simulator time is broken down to 33 missions as co-pilot, 33 as captain and 33 as observer with each mission lasting about two hours. At the end of the course, they must complete 12 landings and take-offs in the 737-800.
Alteon Training's vice-president marketing Marsha Bell is upbeat on the beta test program. "We are seeing good indications that skill sets can be developed earlier," she says.
Also upbeat is Mark Pearson, CEO of Alpha Aviation Group's Philippine subsidiary Clark Aviation, which has 150 students moving through its year-long MPL course.
"We are delighted with the cadets' progress" he says, adding: "We have continual assessment and they are assessed virtually every day."
At the Clark Aviation course, pilots must complete 70 hours ofactual flying, with 30 hours being solo and 170 hours in the simulator.
Clark Aviation has a joint venture with Cebu Pacific, with the airline sponsoring 59 of the students at the training school.
As part of Alteon's beta test, it will continue to monitor the pilots for several years against pilots moving through the traditional channels.
Bell says various industry bodies are supporting the program, including the Association of Asian Pacific Airlines and IATA. Bell adds that MPL has "galvanised the industry".
And one area of focus is the harmonising of ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot Licence) licences.
"We hope to get a better product (ATPL licence) in the end," Bell says.
Some airlines such as Qantas and Cathay Pacific, while not having a critical pilot shortage problem, are examining elements of MPL to raise the standard of conventional ab initio training.
One element is MPL's focus on modern crew resource management and team building much earlier in the training.
One of the big advantages of MPL, which takes suitable candidates off the street, is that it is able to focus the training of pilots and "we don't get the challenge of weeding out bad habits", notes Bell.
However, Bell says one challenge is that some concepts should be taught in the native language of the students.
"We are finding difficulty in some areas with their (Chinese pilots') English language skills, which are fine for ATC communications but not adequate to comprehend more complex engineering," she says.
While recognising that language may be a problem with some nationalities, there have been no difficulties at the MPL course at Clark Aviation, says Pearson.
"We have a broad mix of students from around the world and ICAO's new standard Level 4 English has not been a problem," he says.
Alteon is making available the data from the beta test to the industry, as Bell explains, "so the industry can better understand what MPL is meant to be, rather than what they think, which is a rush to get pilots trained".
"This isn't a fad and we must get it right but we must not compromise safety," she adds.
For instance, Australia's Civil Aviation Safety Authority has added 465 sub-competencies to the nine broad ICAO requirements for the training of the co-pilots.
And to add spice, CASA requires each competency to be assessed twice on different flight training events.
An example is the ICAO requirement for five assessment levels for the take-off roll, to which CASA has added another four that list a further 29 sub-competency elements.
Bell says there are many misconceptions about MPL: "No solo flying, no command training, faster and cheaper training and of course a response to the pilot shortage," she says.
"What some do not comprehend is that trainees must demonstrate ATPL skill level to achieve MPL. Importantly, crew-based integrating CRM (crew resource management) and Airline SOPs (standard operational procedures) are introduced much earlier in the training.
"MPL is a response to the fact that ICAO's 40-year-old Standards and Recommended Practices didn't reflect training capabilities of advanced training devices, especially high-fidelity simulation."
With the success of Clark Aviations MPL program, the Alpha Aviation Group signed a joint venture with Air Arabia in November to build an International Aviation Training Academy to be based to Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, to train the airline's pilots for A320 operations using MPL. Air Arabia has 11 A320s and signed for another 49 at the Dubai Air Show.
Alpha also reached agreement with the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan to create a similar academy in Kazakhstan to assist in providing pilots for Air Astana. Operations are expected to start in the second half of 2008. Alpha plans a global network of 10 schools. Not surprisingly Pearson concludes: "We are totally committed to MPL as it is far superior and relevant."
And totally committed is Scandinavia's largest pilot academy, Copenhagen-based Centre Air Pilot Academy of Denmark, which was the first training organisation in Europe with a Danish Civil Aviation Authority-approved MPL course.
It began developing the curriculum in 2004 in co-operation with Sterling Airlines based on the ICAO MPL draft, according to Anna Kjaer, CAPA's chief ground instructor and operating manager.
Kjaer, told Air Transport World; "This truly is an improved way to train pilots."
CAPA and Sterling maintained a close dialogue with the Danish CAA as the curriculum was being designed and also invited the airline's pilot union to participate.
Denmark approved the MPL standard in January 2007 and four pilots in training were transferred to the MPL course and graduated late last year.
Kjaer stressed during an Air Transport World global webcast early this month that MPL is not about saving time or money.
"The myth is that it's a shortcut and a quick way to train a whole bunch of pilots. That is, in our case, not the case," she said during the webcast. "MPL training is more efficient and time is spent only on relevant training"

Calling on the cadets to comment on this article, Paolylo, Pumping Iron, and Mplcadet........

paolylo
27th Apr 2008, 10:04
@FourStripes
we're not there yet... :confused:

at least 5 of our flight instructors were given the go signal by the ATO and agreed to terms with CA's management to fly (finally). it allows 40+ of us cadets not training under OMNI to complete our core flying training as soon as possible. the only problem is i don't know how an instructor can train 4-5 cadets in just 6 hours straight per day as posted in our schedules... there's still post-flight briefings and maintenance checks every 25 flight hours per plane to considered (one of the planes is still in the hangar for repairs). VFR doesn't open until 6am and closes at around 6pm... but it looks like the instructors will be training in the dark for a couple of hours.

that somewhat solves the core-training portion of the delay and it really is great news, but there's still IFR training which the first few batches are still doing with OMNI (what are we going to fly once we get to where they are?)... and the all important question of training us with one level D A320 simulator. we've been given promises on how CA's management will solve those issues (which doesn't have to be mentioned here) but unless it's written in fine print, we'd expect anothet set of delays in the near future.

i'm sticking with my position... the school will do everything it can to finish what it had started because it'll be a shame if they don't and it'll make Alpha Aviation Group the only flop of ICAO's MPL initiative. no one wants that to happen. so far, the current management team is doing it's job well. we're now more focused on the training itself rather than wondering if our parents and Cebu Pacific wasted their money.

skypilot66666
29th Apr 2008, 15:45
well i hope they finally get there acts together, i wonder why our new GM resigned, they said it was personal, i actually heard that he only wanted his working visa, now he works with another company. maybe also he was disappointed at the way things are being run.

just to comment on another article i read about.

who is RN to tell us students that we can not post here.

i would like to get feedback from the forum heads if thats ethical. the students are entitled to post their feedback so that others will see if the school is worth the php4 million. maybe RN is trying hide something by suggesting that we students dont post here. :mad:

skypilot66666
30th Apr 2008, 06:29
here i am again. more news from CIA. the rumor about CW resigning is true. he called in 1 day & just resigned, that fast, he cant do that if he has a contract. they said its for personal reasons which is bull, he resign because he got his working visa and went to work for another company. MP must realy be good at his job, he cant even keep a GM. We also heard that the GM was tried, maybe he saw whats realy going on and resigned. Was he that good??????? :}

now they even have another foreigner coming to manage, doesnt MP have any faith in the filipinos???? I heard his 1st name starts with an A and is from england. he doesnt even know anything about the Philippines or its culture!

MP are you trying to get all the english working in the Philippines, HAHAHA

again dont you have any faith in us filipinos??????????????????? :D

AvEnthusiast
30th Apr 2008, 11:54
and go to Alpha Aviation Group site and read their statements about Clark. if they can not manage this school, then how they are considering opening new academies in UAE and Kazakhistan?

jester_icarus
30th Apr 2008, 15:22
maybe Borrat will flight instruct for them?

Don Vito
1st May 2008, 14:57
whats the progress with the A320 flight simulator training? has any of the cadets gone through the sim?

alpha12039
5th May 2008, 01:47
Voice of the students
"The course sets new standards for the new generation of professional pilots and the quality of the instructors makes this facility a cut above the rest" Jerome Co

A great place to be, with a staff ever willing to help, you never feel out of place. Friendly locals and course mates make you feel at home. The beautiful surroundings are the icing on the cake" Thomas Fernandez

"World class facilities and world class training that is worth every cent" JP Ramirez

"The premiere place to start ones aviation career" Allen Tacang

Taken from their website

http://www.alphagroup.aero/clark/clark-about/clark-institute-information/

looks like the students are enjoying themselves, despite the delay in training......

Centurion_210
5th May 2008, 05:08
"North Koreans say their place is like heaven because they are not given a chance to see the real world." :ugh:

skypilot66666
14th May 2008, 03:09
heard there is a new rumor running around, clark will be sold to cebu pacific?????????

skypilot66666
14th May 2008, 11:20
well i dont care who advertises here. the point is when the forum members start bad mouthing each other then this forum serves no purpose. Clark has many problems with their management now but who cares. if the mods get their heads out of the dark places maybe they will stop this non sense. iwho cares if clark aviation goes down into the hole. the only important thing is that the students can get a refund and get on with their lives. the old board was doing their jobs to make the school run, they started it. but that does not give any1 the right to bad mouth anybody.

MODS what are you guys doing get your acts together.................

Eight Ball
14th May 2008, 13:47
Skypilot66666, as far as I know there are no indications that CA is being sold to CebuPac nor CebuPac is interested in buying the school. However, having said that, there were rumours that CebuPac is interested in helping to move things right along and quickly for the sake of the cadets and to fill the needs of 5J no matter how much of a "long shot" that is for the moment till these students get actual experience.

jester_icarus
15th May 2008, 15:49
for the future....

Send prospects to a legit flight school to get their CPL..ie send them to a flight school in Arizona...there are many out there.

Cost: $50K

...then send them to type rating on the AirBus.. not sure the cost but im guessing its about $15K (based on a friend of mine that went for TR)

Cost: $15K (even less if CIA sim is utilized..i think)

Commercial MEL with a TR on the AirBus.

$65K or P2.7 milion

...right seat on an AirBus...

....Priceless....

a note: i realize the restrictions placed on foreign students training in the U.S. but the schools there still are accommodating foreign students with flight training visas. So this should not have been an issue.

Lets face it...250 hours of flight training to get your FAA MEL and then a TR on the AB sure looks better than 70 hours on a single engine.

Could anyone here elaborate why this was not an option for the students here.? just curious

puliszaido
19th May 2008, 02:23
Clark Aviation will be undergoing major overhaul in the coming weeks. It seems that the Indian 5/6ss those that lended money are out in taking over the company. New personalities will be seen on campus mainly foreigners.

Some are on visitor's VISA. what the hell is this FTO coming to? why are they not hiring local people? why keep importing people from abroad when in fact Filipinos can do what they are doing....paging BID and Commisioner Libanan!

shame shame shame.....just look at the other companies inside Clark and you will see that they employ people within the area. That is the rational of setting up a business in an Export Processing Zone......to generate employment not to import foreigners!!!

botaxgelo
20th May 2008, 01:21
do u guys accept foreigner or only philipino.
so in 12 mos u r 320 pilot? wow its wonderfull

justcantwait
20th May 2008, 01:39
I will like to see Clark Aviation beeing run by Philippine nationals, that for sure is going to last for long!:ugh:

donking
20th May 2008, 23:20
The 5/6ss accept any currency you can give them but I suggest you buy a kite as per bupacs Curry Aviation ads and fly that, save your money.

donking
20th May 2008, 23:24
U see any Pinoy?

Please come and meet the team at Clark Aviation;

Mark Pearson - Chairman and CEO
Captain Jeff Llewellyn - Senior Group Operations Consultant
Kaye Yeen Foong - Operations Consultant - Services
Rick Norman - Chief Simulator Instructor
Peter Waters - Chief Flying Instructor
Matt Wood - Chief Ground Instructor
Victor Dufort - Simulator Maintenance Manager

vinciboy
21st May 2008, 02:49
Just out of curiosity, who is the guy who wore a "Half Wing"?

FourStripes
21st May 2008, 09:17
Think about it Vince, do birds with one wing able to fly?

This guy obvilously doesn't know how to fly a plane but has ridden in it for so long. My guess is it's the Chief Ground Instructor

MW or Punong Kahoy is his pet name.

JV126
21st May 2008, 09:36
hey, there are no more enrollees for course 12, does that mean MW will get kicked out soon ? he can take the CFI with him. I've heard he (CFI) and CW has been constantly harassing Omni for more flying hours and then they are trying to look for another school behind their backs. How ungrateful. If not for Omni, we would not be flying.

Ayla
21st May 2008, 18:22
JV 126: The guy can't win, he is trying his best to speed up your progression through flying and you complain! Would you prefer he does nothing!

Four Stripes: You clearly have no knowledge about the high standards required to wear an RAF Brevet. As a Navigator I gurantee he knows more than you about Nav groundschool subjects, just as a Flight Engineer or Electronics officer would know more about the Technical. For further reading I can point you to the stories of several "one wingers" who won the Victoria Cross for outstanding personal bravery and airmanship!

FourStripes
21st May 2008, 23:11
You clearly have no knowledge about the high standards required to wear an RAF Brevet. As a Navigator I gurantee he knows more than you about Nav groundschool subjects, just as a Flight Engineer or Electronics officer would know more about the Technical. For further reading I can point you to the stories of several "one wingers" who won the Victoria Cross for outstanding personal bravery and airmanship!

Ayla: For starters he is no longer in the RAF so wearing a brevet does not mean anything in civilian aviation. He might have been a good navigator but the cadets don't need a navigator they need someone to teach them JAR ground school stuff, not someone to leave them in the classroom and let the CBT take care of the teaching. Lastly The Chief Ground Instructor of this FTO did not pass the ATO Ground Instructer Licensing exam he actually failed 3 times and you talk to me about standards......This guy is the worst chap to wear the RAF Brevet!

Ayla
22nd May 2008, 02:50
Four Stripes: I don't know the guy, you were implying that having one wing somehow makes someone unsuitable to teach pilots, which it does not.

FourStripes
22nd May 2008, 04:07
Ayla:

How can this statement possibly imply that having one wing somehow makes someone unsuitable to teach pilots?

This guy obvilously doesn't know how to fly a plane but has ridden in it for so long. My guess is it's the Chief Ground Instructor

No where does it state anything about teaching, and it remotely implies unsuitability in any manner!

Ayla
22nd May 2008, 07:19
Sorry 4 Stripes, I misinterpreted your comment about "birds with 1 wing not being able to fly" as being derogatory, which clearly was not your intention!

Ignore my rant.

alpha12039
27th May 2008, 02:20
http://www.alphagroup.aero/clark/clark-team/

Please come and meet the team at Clark Aviation;

Rick Norman - Chief Simulator Instructor
Peter Waters - Chief Flying Instructor
Matt Wood - Chief Ground Instructor
Victor Dufort - Simulator Maintenance Manager

How come Mark Pearson the CEO is no longer in this list? and was Rick Norman demoted from Head of Training to CSI?

accio
1st Jun 2008, 14:58
As of press time, Mark Pearson already resigned from his post.

If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, go out (for MP - get lost) :)

Eight Ball
2nd Jun 2008, 14:41
so who is making all the "high level" decisions now at Clark Av?

I believe that would be the CEO of Alpha Aviation Group and the newly appointed Senior Consultant already at CA.

Heard from some of the students that their training now will not be finished till 2010.

What the ???? :ugh:

slatch
2nd Jun 2008, 15:26
I have visited CIA at Clark, Japan Airlines at Napa CA, and Lufthansa at Goodyear AZ. The biggest difference is JAL and DLH are interested in quality training to develop pilots for their airlines. The main emphasis at Clark seems to be to try and make a profit for Alpha.

accio
2nd Jun 2008, 17:28
i heard cebu pac is planning to take over clark av. i hope this will happen so our training will speed up.

slatch
2nd Jun 2008, 21:21
It would be nice if Cebu Pacific or another asian operator or group of operators would aquire CIA. But that would require a substantial investment, buying CIA from Alpha and then getting the required IFR aircraft and another A320 Simulator. But in the long term it would probably be a good business decision ensuring them of a steady stream of pilots trained to their requirements.

In reality they would probably be better off starting from scratch and not have to pay for Alpha's mistakes and bad reputation.

funnydaytoday
3rd Jun 2008, 08:49
i wonder why the cebu cadets are so worried and scared right now....they seem more concerned than most students.....
happy flying

Zone 220
4th Jun 2008, 02:12
I heard the CEO from the mother company came to clark av and as usual, bulls***s explanations came out.. The issue of compensation to the cadets who have been in clark for more than a year was not really given attention... No matter who comes in, whether the owner of the company itself, they couldn't provide an honest and sincere answer..!!!! :ugh:

This will reflect their reputations and will affect their other investments in middle east and in europe!!!

funnydaytoday
4th Jun 2008, 02:47
I heard the CEO from the mother company came to clark av and as usual, bulls***s explanations came out..

you heard he came to clark av.. you wernt there? hmmm cause all cadets were asked to be there to hear him....
BUT what s a good compensation for the students, what do you think we intitled to... what kind of compensation is a good honest compensation?
happy flying

.Aero
4th Jun 2008, 02:55
Did you guys sign a training agreement when you enrolled?

funnydaytoday
5th Jun 2008, 02:36
@9ball
well, im not really interested, nor do i care if zone 220 is a cadet or not, maby he is maby he s not. if he s not,well then, he does seem to know a little bit more than many cadets at times haha... and then why whould he be so negative at times to CA...hmmmm:ugh::ugh::rolleyes:.
take a number hey,,hehe... what s your ticket number, mines a little high so i ll have to wait quite a bit...:{:{
happy flying

alpha12039
5th Jun 2008, 06:31
taken from flight magazine website

QFI's - Manila - Flight Crew

Job Position: Permanent
Job Hours: Full-Time
Job Role: First Officer/s
Company: Clark Avaition
Posted Date: 20 May 2008 14:06:45QFI's - Manila - Flight Crew

Clark Aviation, part of the Alpha Aviation Group with worldwide interests in aviation training, is situated 80km North of Manila, Philippines, and currently has over 100 students undertaking the world's first MPL course. Currently, graduates are destined for airlines in the Far and Middle East. We now have vacancies for:
QFI's with ME rating, a minimum of 500 hours instructional time and 1500 hours total flying time to teach core flying skills and IF.
We can offer short, medium and long term assignments and an excellent remuneration package to include accommodation and a range of other benefits.
If you feel that you have the skills necessary to motivate and educate aspiring young airline pilots and would like to be involved in an exciting new training strategy please send your CV by clicking the apply button below or fax.

hailer
5th Jun 2008, 12:11
I have followed this thread with increasing sadness and sympathy since the first post because of previous knowledge of the Alpha Aviation share holders.

I am at the other end of the career spectrum from the cadets caught in the jet blast of this debacle but may I offer you all a bit of unsolicited advise?

It may be that compensation is paid in time but I doubt it. The priority for all of you who have been fleeced is to get on with your aviation career. Sure, you start with an unwarranted and unwelcome debt unless you have rich parents, but in the great scheme of things viewed from many years ahead the success of your aviation career may depend on you putting this shambles behind you.

You are not the first to suffer loss at the hands of unscrupulous training providers and daresay you will not be the last. If you allow it to take over your life you will not progress.

If you can raise the money, throw this away whilst the market is still somewhat buoyant in this region and get yourself a license.

You have my utmost sympathy - I wish you all god luck. For what it is worth I know few people who have reached the heights of professional pilot careers who have not suffered some set backs on the way.

Justice has nothing to do with it - determination has. And - forget the racial rants; this is not a racial prejudice issue. Every country has its share of unscrupulous business men.

yowdude
5th Jun 2008, 12:38
why buy a losing company? you can just wait till it dies a natural death then just pick the pieces you want.

accio
7th Jun 2008, 18:15
but what's going to happen to us cadets? the free accomodation is not enough for the lost we're incurring as time goes by. i hope we'll get to finish before the year ends. i hope cebu can do something to address the issues.

Don Vito
8th Jun 2008, 02:07
i need some clarification as im not a CIA cadet. i am still looking around for a good flying school. why are the cadets not proceeding with the training?

powerstall
8th Jun 2008, 03:13
Bupak will only pick up one thing and that is the A320 sim that they own.

This is the only thing that would make any business sense to bupak, i agree with the previous posts, why buy a losing business? with a promised MPL license that is only on an experimental basis and add to that the recent surge in fuel prices, almost every airline are cutting their operations, laying over and furloughing pilots and also predicting a global slow down in growth. So why waste money? :uhoh:

9ball
10th Jun 2008, 04:37
i need some clarification as im not a CIA cadet. i am still looking around for a good flying school. why are the cadets not proceeding with the training?

Vito:

Why don't you try and apply to Sabena Flight Academy, this will fast track you to getting your A320 Type Rating, if you enroll now you might see some familiar looking people there............

funnydaytoday2
10th Jun 2008, 05:40
isnt sabena flight academy in the US.... its a bit far right... and the visa issue for us pinoys is a bit harder to get ...from what ive heard...
you think CA cadets are gonna go there also?

AvEnthusiast
10th Jun 2008, 07:05
Hey Folks,

Have Philippine's FTO started to raise up their traning package prices? if then haven't don't tell them to do it:E

accio
18th Jun 2008, 15:11
tell me about it! i heard one cadet pilot from the higher batch is now looking for work because he's been vacant for the past weeks or months.

if they are planning to shut down i hope they will inform us soon and cut this dragging chase!

yano
18th Jun 2008, 17:40
Just weeks ago i've seen CIA Student Pilot logbooks being submitted in ATO for Pre-Solo Exam Permits. So i guess, they're far from shutting down. :}

skypilot66666
20th Jun 2008, 23:40
once heard a rumor CA was transferring to dubai. Maybe thats true because the IT guy thats starts with a D was in dubai last month.

What about our refunds or deposits (for those that made)

can anyone confirm or know about this???????????????????:ugh:

skypilot66666
20th Jun 2008, 23:52
why would management tell you if they are shutting down. these are foreigners they will just pack up and go. if you don't see anymore instructors that will tell you something else. they can count there losses since this is a big company and move out. am still wondering how that catering foreigner can be paid php300k and still CA no money???

care to elaborate?????

we are watching these foreigners closely:8

GMHOTEL
21st Jun 2008, 00:31
am still wondering how that catering foreigner can be paid php300k

@Skydiver 66666

I don't know young Man where you got your Info in regards to your quote bud you should post truthfully and not hearsay or your imagination.
That " Foreigner " is running F&B as a Lessee meaning he is paying rent , operational expense , staff salary , etc , therefore paying CA and not wise-versa.
Reading your Posting's in the Past it is very clear that you do not like these Foreigners bud i am wondering why you came here knowing that Foreigners in the School!?
One can only earn respect if he show's respect-start growing up and see you around:D

skypilot66666
21st Jun 2008, 04:22
that came from reliable source inside the CA, its reliable unless you can prove other wise, i have no problems with foreigners except that they have not given what they have commited.

regardless they are spending too much for that guy running the canteen.

thats my opinion, prove it wrong.....

skypilot66666
21st Jun 2008, 04:31
i want my license, it was going ok till until february, when mp took over, heard he was fired from there & alpha.

from my other friend there (student) millions misappropriated. well maybe thats why the IT guy near dubai to transfer the school

skypilot66666
22nd Jun 2008, 14:43
great idea, but i want what CA owes me 1st

skypilot66666
22nd Jun 2008, 14:51
i dont dislike foreigners im just wondering why no filipinos are running the school. I see only foreigners which i think is wrong.

maybe they think filipinos are not qualified to run the school or the catering services, maybe this should be brought to the attention of the mayor or CDC Head (new since Laus resigned).

Hey CDC why not filipinos this is our country??????????????

JV126
22nd Jun 2008, 23:00
that's a good question skypilot6666. either they think Filipinos are not qualified enough or they're just a bunch of racist pigs. I would like to talk to the Indian CEO of Alpha when he comes here next month and ask why mp has appointed these foreigners instead of our own. and they should really kick out one more person that has upset a lot of students.

and what's this 60 subjects that course 1 to 11 has to do again ????

stalling tactics ? I want my license or give me back my refund. technically they have already breached the contract with that 12 month b.s.:=

Sonic69
23rd Jun 2008, 13:19
Guys, anybody here know if Alpha's setup in Sharjah is the real deal or another potential bottomless money pit that Clark is turning out to be?
I've got friends thinking about pursuing the MPL there.

skypilot66666
24th Jun 2008, 00:34
i heard MP was more or less terminated from CA. I also heard that he was removed from alpha.

skypilot66666
24th Jun 2008, 00:42
am just wondering how come no Filipino concessionaire has been invited to take over clark. they have not even bidded this out. i heard that the foreign concessionaire now was hired by MP.

CDC aren't Filipinos allowed in side clark to do business. CDC get your acts together and BID this out. We Filipinos can cook just as good as foreigners.

that concessionaire even runs the hotel services. we have lots of experienced HRM workers here who have even worked abroad. come on CDC what is going on inside clark

Pres. Arroyo dont you read whats going on here?????????????

skypilot66666
24th Jun 2008, 00:48
maybe they are just stalling so they can back out of CA, who knows. they owe a lot of refunds and money. i want mine and if necessary willing to file a case to get it. my dad is even pushing me but i want to give a little chance to CA.

who is the other person upsetting the students, i only know of 1 other person who i have argued with before, her name starts with I.

does anyone know whats going on, why did the IT guy go to middle east for 1 month??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????
???????

ambet
24th Jun 2008, 02:21
does anyone know whats going on, why did the IT guy go to middle east for 1 month????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????
???????

Hey skypilot...I can assure you, the IT guy was not there for a month. He helped in setting up some of the classrooms there.

Sonic69
24th Jun 2008, 08:08
Hi Sky, do you have an opinion whether Alpha's Middle East operation will be similar?
If you do get a refund (highly unlikely), would you continue to pursue the MPL in another setup?

skypilot66666
24th Jun 2008, 09:36
most likely it will be the same. we wont know unless we apply there. at least maybe we will get the license sooner.

your right about the refund, i heard that millions was missing from the current the mgmt.

the best mgmt they had was the ones last december. i heard they were very strict with money. i think thats why the new mgmt in february was happy since the previous mgmt could not control the expenses anymore.

how can we get a refund if current mgmt misappropriated money

GMHOTEL
24th Jun 2008, 09:50
let me guess Skypilot 66666

that comes from a very reliable source inside CA again?:=

funnydaytoday2
24th Jun 2008, 10:18
im sure the school in the Mid East will run much smoother than this one... diferent category of people will be running it... i dont think the same bs will happen there that unfortunitly happened here...

JV126
24th Jun 2008, 14:29
the idiot who has upset a lot of students is MW. I have a bone to pick with him how he treated me and a few students in ground school. :mad:

this PW is a friend of MW so he too can go. i've heard someone gave him a list of list of C172s to buy and up to now, nothing..... :*

Sharjah you ask ??? siguro same old f'n b.s. I dont trust these people anymore. these dumbasses don't realize that while they are stalling us, it is costing us money as we have no income to give to our family coz they have delayed us at their convenience. I saw in PW's reaction in one of the meetings that he just doesn't care. Can someone get someone who gives a hoot !!!

and yep, skypilot6666 is right about refunds, we should think of a class action against these people if they don't give us our money.

Sonic69
25th Jun 2008, 02:16
Yeah, know what you mean. I'm sure it is leaving a very bad taste in the mouth for alot of students that got caught out.
Alpha's reputation is now in the doghouse. If the company can let something like this happen in one of their FTOs, it can surely happen in all of them. There goes the plan of operating 10 FTOs worldwide. People will surely be very wary of enrolling into their courses.

parsifal
26th Jun 2008, 01:03
don't just think it! just do it! organize! consolidate! gather your parents!

skypilot66666
26th Jun 2008, 09:11
your right, they dont care, they make $5,000 per month, as long as they get that they are happy!!!!!!

I heard that they get $1,000 here and the rest deposisted outside the country - TAX EVASION?????????

JV126
26th Jun 2008, 13:20
skypilot6666, if this is true then the BIR would be very interested
PW and MW should go back to where they came from.

PW even gives conflicting stories, he told one of the instructors that they won't be buying anymore training aircraft and then while he was in front of us he said the opposite. I am sensing he is playing games.

Pete Q should replace MW and get someone who can watch over PW and tell us the truth since we can't trust this guy.

Sonic69
27th Jun 2008, 07:20
Hmm, are you talking about the ex-model?
How many batches of students are there in Clark doing the MPL?

EECEPR
27th Jun 2008, 09:01
Boys and Girls - great news to come out soon on the school Monday is the big day....................................... Also confrimed new planes coming in very soon......... So to all of you complainers maay I say :=:=:=:=

pink palaka
28th Jun 2008, 03:17
sharjha is nothing to do with CA, its just another academy that will operate under the financial of same investor, but it has its own managment.

maybe the reason why IT go there is becoz they will just set up the system not the school or closing CA.

DeratedThrust
28th Jun 2008, 03:33
I hope most of you will be able to fly with us in the ATR and 320/319s sometime in the future.. we need crews to fill slots til 2010, and maybe beyond. Regardless of what others say of the MPL program, just keep pushing forward.. Good luck! :ok: I hope the news on monday will be a good one..

JV126
29th Jun 2008, 00:23
that's just it DeratedThrust, we have lost our slot with the A320 thanks to CA. and to EECEPR, shove your great news up where the sun don't shine. I'll believe it when I see it. you sound like someone from management or is that you PW.

and you have the cheap nerve to call us complainers - how dare you !!!
you are not the one suffering financially coz of this fiasco and if you are an outsider you don't know what is really going on inside this school.
and just to please your drinking friend MW, you have to give us this 60 b.s. subject and pretend that we need this. WE NEED THE TYPE RATING not these b.s. subjects. We were not born yesterday, we know what you are up to. I have consulted with a lot of pilots here and abroad ( Emirates, QATAR and Cathay ). how are we supose to absorb these 60 subjects in 2 weeks and give this a priority over our flying ???

and to MW, I know you read this - don't call us mate, I am not your mate !!! Capt Kyle even have to take leave because of your abuses.

I am talking to my parents now and lawyers in the next few days. I think I'll just continue working as an F.I.
I'll be going to San Fernando RTC ( regional trial court ) to take this up and BIR if they are not paying their taxes properly.

and to 8ball, you shouldn't have hired this dumb instructor LD.

parsifal
29th Jun 2008, 23:55
great move! why just now? we, filipinos, are really a resilient race. our threshold for suffering is really mystifying. the trouble at CA had been there since long ago. time to act or react is long overdue. make it happen, jv. consolidate your forces!

the proper venue is with the European Union courts. not here. you know why.

funnydaytoday2
30th Jun 2008, 03:11
@parsifel what have you done.... nothing...just waiting for other people to step up, so you can then ride the same train..... why dont you step up...

Its good you seek legal advise or at least have your parents discuss this with CA. so good luck, hope it works out JV126.

funnydaytoday2
30th Jun 2008, 03:32
and monday s the big day?? im here.... i still dont see anything.... am i in the wrong part of the school?
ssdd

skypilot66666
30th Jun 2008, 11:23
the great news, they hired a filipino pilot from cebu pac. whats the difference, who they hire, we still havent graduated.

when will that be????????????????????????????????????????????????????

we have an appointment tomorrow with bir regarding the income there, at least if they investigate maybe we can get rid of MW, PW & all the other W's here :ugh:

EECEPR
1st Jul 2008, 06:35
Sky I am not so sure you are a student. The BIR issue is a joke. The new management is all Pinoy as it should be. To all students please give new GM a chance. In addition, lawsuits only make the lawyers rich - period. As a goody but oldy pilot you do not have to suffer through the 1500 hours on your own - so lets relax take deep breath and work through it. New GM is MT and he is sharp young man.....................

unruly
1st Jul 2008, 07:50
Pilot from Cebu Pac? Who? :confused:

funnydaytoday2
1st Jul 2008, 08:26
quote: The new management is all Pinoy as it should be......

I dont really care where he s from... if he does a good job, then its good, if he doesnt well then.... ssdd... And he has to give us a chance and not forget how delayed we are.... this is not the time to step back and relax just cause he s pinoy and cebu pac... but we ll see right
we All know the BIR is a joke but if he wants to intertain himself, why not... hehe..

DeratedThrust
1st Jul 2008, 12:20
New GM a 5J Senior?? Really?? If so, great!! let's paint the CA walls 5J colors! :ok: That's what CA needs, a fresh start.... however, somewhere, somehow. Not being sarcastic.. Lets get the ball rolling there folks!! Cadets there want to fly!! Please help them Sir Captain!

piaggioDUDE
1st Jul 2008, 13:05
ey guys just wondering how many batch had CAA certified already?or are there any? just curious because i think a friend of mine (ms.C. Tuadles) is training there. is she through with the training? i herd her saying that he is goin there for the A320 thing before i left the PI? anyhow to all you guys good luck and always watch your six.

keep the blue side up!!

cheers
piaggioDUDE

DeratedThrust
3rd Jul 2008, 03:42
Now that there is an ATR in the 5J family, would the scholars accept an F/O position entry level there? I know the program did advertise the A320 as the entry equipment after qualification from the MPL program. (or at the very least an interview for the A320) Bottom line argument is seniority system. Roster list for the ATR is growing. A number of pilots (seniors and juniors) are now contemplating to support the idea for ATR as the new entry point for new hires, regardless of scholars or direct entry. Comments anyone?

skypilot66666
6th Jul 2008, 00:46
whats the models name

funnydaytoday2
6th Jul 2008, 09:46
YouTube - Cebu Pacific Airbus A320 Philippine TVC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRSypyVpk0M&feature=related)

just something to smile about.

happy flying:D:D:ok::ok:

Mikkideez
6th Jul 2008, 13:51
FStripes, I am not too familiar with the MPL program, but isn't there a way that these students of the MPL be allowed to enter Cebu Pacific through its ATR? I mean if they are truly qualified to operate an Airbus after graduating the program, I am sure that they are more than capable of flying the ATR.

The pilots that enter Cebu via the ATR begin with at least 700 hours. How would they feel if someone, who entered with hours less than theirs, occupies the right seat of the 320? I am pretty sure that they would not be happy...and it's not about the amount of money that the MPL cadets have dished out because a lot of the new ATR pilots have shelled out their fair share of moolah and sweat just so that they could start this wonderful career of being an airline pilot. I just think that that would be fair. That's just my opinion of course.

But for the cadets, I wish you the very best in this career that you have chosen. Hit the books and study hard so that it pays off well in the future. Try to stay away from these forums because it's what it is...a forum...a place where facts and hear say (chizmiz) get intertwined, and end up as convoluted matters. In short, if your just starting an aviation career, start it by learning all the basics, and not getting involved in issues as to who did right or wrong in CA. Good luck and have fun flying.

My two cents. Cheers.

paolylo
8th Jul 2008, 03:07
just incase everyone's wondering where everybody is:

courses 1 & 2 - recently started their multi crew cooperation course (few more steps until the A320 type rating training)
courses 3 & 4 - under Omni, a few have already completed core flying with the majority in the IFR phase of the core flying
course 5 - still in core flying, everyone has already flown solo
courses 6 & 7 - still in core flying, majority still flying pre-solo duals
courses 8/9/10 - was told to take another month off due to the log jam at the flying school
course 11 - on vacation, completed ground school almost a month ago

sidsrovers
8th Jul 2008, 08:27
Pritam Singh - Executive Director

As the Executive Director, Mr. Singh oversees the company's business development and its strategic direction through strategic business alliances with key leading international companies. His ability in nurturing cross-cultural collaboration is the main driving force for Prescient to create distinct products and applications for the simulation training industry.
Having held positions in Program Management and Engineering, including key Managerial positions, Mr. Singh brings to his new position a broad and deep understanding of the simulation training business.
Mr. Singh joined ST Aerospace Limited (STAe) in 1989 as a software engineer. In 1993, he was seconded to STAe’s new start-up subsidiary, iTS Technologies Pte Ltd (iTS) as a Program Manager where he concurrently managed multi-million dollar projects, and, was subsequently being promoted to Director (Programs).
With the amalgamation of ST Simulation Systems Pte Ltd and iTS to form ST Training & Simulation Pte Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of Singapore Technologies Electronics Limited) in January 1999, Mr. Singh moved through the ranks holding various appointments, such as Director (Programs), Director (Business Development), VP (Engineering & Programs), VP (Marketing) and Chief Operating Officer and subsequently its General Manager on 1 January 2002.
With his strong business acumen, he also establishes and leads the Asia Pacific business for Singapore Technologies Electronics Limited.
Mr. Singh’s education includes a Masters in Business Administration (Warwick, UK) and a degree in electrical engineering (Singapore). :D

coffindodger
8th Jul 2008, 13:09
news on the old jungle drums that rick. n left clark about 10 days ago??
any truth in this rumour ?????.

sidsrovers
9th Jul 2008, 21:34
Peter Beckett - Executive Director IAGDC

As the Executive Director, Mr. Beckett oversees the company's business development and its strategic direction through strategic business alliances with key leading international companies. His ability in nurturing cross-cultural collaboration is the main driving force for IAGDC / Prescient to create distinct products and applications for the simulation training industry.
Having held positions in Program Management and Engineering, including key Managerial positions, Mr. Beckett brings to his new position a broad and deep understanding of the simulation training business.
Mr. Beckett joined ST Aerospace Limited (STAe) in 1989 as a software engineer. In 1993, he was seconded to STAe’s new start-up subsidiary, iTS Technologies Pte Ltd (iTS) as a Program Manager where he concurrently managed multi-million dollar projects, and, was subsequently being promoted to Director (Programs).
With the amalgamation of ST Simulation Systems Pte Ltd and iTS to form ST Training & Simulation Pte Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of Singapore Technologies Electronics Limited) in January 1999, Mr. Beckett moved through the ranks holding various appointments, such as Director (Programs), Director (Business Development), VP (Engineering & Programs), VP (Marketing) and Chief Operating Officer and subsequently its General Manager on 1 January 2002.
With his strong business acumen, he also establishes and leads the Asia Pacific business for Singapore Technologies Electronics Limited.
Mr. Beckett’s education includes a Masters in Business Administration (Warwick, UK) and a degree in electrical engineering (Singapore). We all welcome him to Clark

JV126
10th Jul 2008, 05:02
Someone said to me that PW was bribing Dimaguiba with an A320 simulator training. I guess this is to keep ATO happy and not shut them down.

any one noticed anything ?

accio
10th Jul 2008, 05:44
not that i want CA to shut down but in case this is true then is dimaguiba that stupid to bite the bribe? hello??? we don't even own or have our own a320 simulator.

maybe when pigs fly

sidsrovers
13th Jul 2008, 11:34
It appears that the WWF in Clark has been cancelled :{

The "Turban Beckett" could not get a Visa as he could not fight on a tourist Visa

Hulk Hogan appears to have his Visa in order

However if the event pushes through the official hotel will be the Clarkton Hotel in Fields Avenue

Lets all hope this prestigious event goes ahead and the Turban can at least get a work visa for the Philippines :ok:

funnydaytoday2
13th Jul 2008, 19:01
hey everyone.
could you guys do me,and i guess a few others, a favour please.
please explain who is this beckett person... please give as much info as possible, cause frankly ive never heard of him, nor what hes suppose to do here at CA...
please help me and many of us understand ..
thanks again all
and
Happy Flying
to all

puliszaido
14th Jul 2008, 01:50
I think this is the dudehttp://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll133/manina16/turban/images.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll133/manina16/turban/?action=view&current=images.jpg)

sidsrovers
14th Jul 2008, 15:56
If you wish to reach your new leader please contact him at

[email protected]
;)

ads1963
14th Jul 2008, 23:48
http://bp1.blogger.com/_y8qhm316y84/R6jEWnlBxTI/AAAAAAAAAfA/3Tc3ts2Js6s/s400/indian-cats.jpg

Guess that will be the future!

And the new school uniform:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/06/28_05_2004_0716_2.jpg
http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gifhttp://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

gilderoy lockhart
15th Jul 2008, 10:52
I am a little confused about this thread of late. Presumably a Seikh or a Cattery owner are joining the Clark Staff? Is their something wrong with either?

roboratski
15th Jul 2008, 14:57
fasten your seatbelts guys - youre all being taken for a ride........:\

take your money out of there while you can and just buy your own cessna 152 . itll only cost 1-1.5 m php .when your done, just sell it. by that time youll have your cpl and will meet REGULAR f/o requirements

bisaya
15th Jul 2008, 15:14
just make sure the person selling you the airplane will not be taking you for a ride as well...

if it floats, f*cks or flies, do not buy.. just RENT!

skypilot66666
17th Jul 2008, 11:33
we are all being taken for ride since MP got all the money......

the govt doesn't care either to start an investigation. to all of you out there who read these forums from abroad you can see that no 1 really cares about the filipino's who waste there money and get nothing thats promised>>>>>:mad:

AvEnthusiast
17th Jul 2008, 11:50
I hope this is not the case with all Filipino FTOs?

sidsrovers
17th Jul 2008, 22:55
Ask Cherian Thomas who is involved in the Asian Institute of Management in Makati and the new CEO of Clark Aviation

He must be 100% genuine, he does not wear a Turban

"Alpha Aviation set up earlier in 2006 by UK venture capital firm C&C Alpha Group Limited, Alpha has established its first pilot training operations in Clark, nr Manila in the Philippines and plans to establish 10 pilot training schools across Europe, the Middle East and Asia.

Alpha is currently awaiting delivery of a new level D A320 full-flight simulator at the newly established school at Clark and a new level D 737 next generation full-flight simulator is scheduled for imminent delivery at Bond"

Growth Capital Sales in Bond - News Room - Aberdeen Asset Managers Private Equity (http://www.aberdeen-asset.com/aam.nsf/privateequity/newsgrowthcapitalsalesinbond)

skypilot66666
19th Jul 2008, 11:58
Until Then Lets Just Wait And See. They Have Said That Before.

yowdude
21st Jul 2008, 03:31
now that there are ATR pilots in the line and more ATRs to come , a320 entry level is no more.

9ball
21st Jul 2008, 05:04
yes, that is true but it is only for people with current ATO CPL with IR.

Not for Clark Av MPL cadets. Their program is for the A320 as per ICAO approval.

Changing the syllabus is another story. Maybe Cherian Thomas can do that for them......but for what reason???

DeratedThrust
21st Jul 2008, 05:41
I personally think that regardless of your entry level (320 or 72) when upgrade time comes it all boils down to 'stick performance' in the sim evaluation. And by this comes with experience and level of competence. From entry level till 2.5 to 3 years is a lot of time to develop and gain proficiency. ANY initial type-rating does not outright mean that you are type specific 100% proficient. This simply implies that one is 'trainable' and 'can-well adapt' to type specific equipment. I am very hopeful that every 320 or 72 wannabe and/or newbie will do just fine down the line. :ok:

9ball
21st Jul 2008, 06:18
Deratedthrust,

If you were on the left seat and you had a choice of flying with a 200 or even 250 hour CPL/IR/Multiengine rated guy typerated in the A320 or with 70 hour MPL cadet with all single engine time in his/her logbook typerated as well, whom with you rather fly with?

It all boils down to the level of experience. Why? Because no airline will risk the lives of the passengers....well atleast I hope 5J does not.

funnydaytoday2
21st Jul 2008, 07:55
well 9 ball, your right about one thing.. it all comes down to experience..
im sure DeratedThrust will agree on me, and many who read this, that there are alot of CPL IR pilots with hundreds of hours, and still they have less experience than maby a MPL holder... From what ive seen, theres alot of inexperienced unqualified CPL IR holders... and yet they love nothing better than to show off there hundreds of hours... i guess everyone s getting the idea right....
:ok::ok::ok:
happy flying

DeratedThrust
21st Jul 2008, 10:39
9ball,

New guys at the levels you mentioned are sent to the line and eventually released for their first revenue duties as F/Os with the same basic 'level' of credential; they are safe to operate the aircraft. Meaning, initial safety requirements met. Who determines this? The equipment chief pilot in their final checks.

As PIC, it is well within my personal capacity to 'assist' these very new and 'raw' first officers to get their hours going. Yes, a lot of Captains would frown on the thought that they have a greenhorn strapped on the right seat during an IMC approach into somewhere. In some occasions, I have felt that way. But that is what the job calls for, being PIC, as you know yourself. If the greenhorn is not improving as his hours grow, he is provided some form of remedial or even corrective training. Being part of flight operations entails having a lot of confidence in the Instructors, check pilots, admins, etc... to train and sign off these right seat hopefuls. The people responsible for pairing crews in flights does a fairly decent job of knowing who needs to fly where and who doesn't. Yes, I will accept either credential as is. And determine later (and recommend if necessary) if his or her performance justifies continuance of his revenue duties, or otherwise.

In 5J, there is check and balance.

good day to all!

9ball
21st Jul 2008, 12:07
DeratedThrust,

New guys at the levels you mentioned are sent to the line and eventually released for their first revenue duties as F/Os with the same basic 'level' of credential

I would have to disagree with this. it's because these MPL cadets don't have multiengine experience, they don't haven't flown complex aircraft with constant speed prop and a retractable landing gear, they have no idea on how to land with a single engine ILS....do you get what Im driving at.....they the only reason they will be sent to the line is because they paid close to 4M pesos to train at good old Clark Aviation:D

I guess you haven't seen the training they do there....we won't even go as far as upgrading....IOE is a hurdle in itself.

But if you want to give it a shot be my guest. just make sure you don't have friends or family members as passengers behind you.

DeratedThrust
21st Jul 2008, 17:14
Point well taken sir. Yes multi experience counts a lot. I know because I too came from that same old road. But just like everything that happens in aviation, you'll never know exactly whats coming until you see it. SOME people do have what it takes, you see it the moment they sit in the flight deck and see how thorough they can be. I've been flying for almost 17 years. Maybe not much to more senior guys, but I've had my share of experiences. I'm one of the believers of the old system. MPL is a mystery to me, but I'm not doubtful. I'm just being optimistic they (70+ hour Single time graduates) will do just fine down the line. If the chief pilot says these MPLers are 'okay' to sit on the right, then let the line Captains see how they do. These cadets at CA for the 320 are (attitude wise) on the right track. :ok: So, no matter how 'irregular' the situation is there at CA, just keep moving forward cadets! Show 'em what you've got!

You mentioned; "..we won't even go as far as upgrading....IOE is a hurdle in itself." Either way, my fellow airman, let's just give them the benefit of the doubt. Very Risky? Yes, I agree. But what isn't in aviation? If 5J realizes later on that these CA scholars can't really hack it, then so be it. That will be the boss' decision.

Cheers!

funnydaytoday2
21st Jul 2008, 17:34
thank you sir Deratedthrust.. thank you for being optimistic and positive about MPL.. i belive its a good course and that CA will bring out fine pilots for 5J. hope to see you there and be on your right side...
and dont mind 9ball... hes just a wanna be pilot...
happy flying:ok::ok:

jens40202
21st Jul 2008, 22:38
I read an article years ago where an analysis was made of pilot experience vs. accidents and one of the highest oocurence came with pilots in the 70 to 200 hrs range. Seems to be that bracket when one becomes cocky or complacent.....how it coincides with the fresh MPL grad - just hope it's purely a coincidence.

AvEnthusiast
22nd Jul 2008, 05:51
9ball,
You mean none of the Philippines FTOs provide standard training?

Bagoongathipon
24th Jul 2008, 09:52
"Deratedthrust,

If you were on the left seat and you had a choice of flying with a 200 or even 250 hour CPL/IR/Multiengine rated guy typerated in the A320 or with 70 hour MPL cadet with all single engine time in his/her logbook typerated as well, whom with you rather fly with?

It all boils down to the level of experience. Why? Because no airline will risk the lives of the passengers....well atleast I hope 5J does not."

MY TAKE:

200hours
of initial training and what is commonly known as "Naguubos oras/kinukumpleto nalang oras" (Dont say that no pilots who did it the traditional way has said this before.. this is their mentality, naguubos oras nalang para makuha yung requirements sa ATO, right?)

20hours of IR

Vs

50hrs of VFR (Actual flying; with every single hour has a sortie)
20hrs of IR (Actual flying; with every single hour has a lesson/sortie)
40hrs of Multicrew Coordination Phase in IMC (simulator)
30hrs of "Introduction to Jet" using level C A320 sim (IMC)
60hrs of Level D simulator (IMC)
total of 200hours of actual, guided training
total of 70hours actual flying a single engine
total of 150hours of simulator flying IMC

We can never say "nagkukumpleto nalang oras" because every hour has a different lesson/sortie, PLUS the fact that 150hours of with are IMC.

Indeed there is a lack of Actual flying.. but
my analogy is..

In an F1 racing, who would you actually choose to win?
A person who has 20years of ACTUAL experience of driving a toyota camry in an F1 circuit, then would drive an F1
--------------------------------OR------------------------
a person who has 200hours of simulated experience of driving an F1 in an F1 circuit?

Ofcourse, i admit that proof can only be seen after so many years.

My point is, dont judge something as if you have already thought about everything. Look at the positive side. It might be a better approach to aviation.

fernandeztv
24th Jul 2008, 10:20
I have been a member of pprune for a long time...but i just chose to be a lurker in this thread...though i have been a cadet at CA for quite a while now!

Lot of things have gone wrong here at CA...but i truly believe now that things are begining to move in the right direction.

Batch A is in their MCC phase now. This is where the real training (and fun) begins.
I just cannot wait for the first 8 cadets to progress soon..coz that is the only way CA can prove to the world that they really are here for the long run. I, like a lot of my fellow cadets have put in my life savings here.

In a lot of places it takes along time before one can sit on the coveted right seat of an Airbus A320. Instead of 1 year if it is going to take nearly 2 am i complaining? Yes and NO. Yes coz it has upset my financial status and i have a family to provide back at home.
NO coz whatever it is ...it is well worth the wait to become an airline pilot. :)

I have been following MPL from mid 2006. (i have friends in the airline industry who asked me to keep a look out for ICAO's new airline oriented pilot training idea.) I truly believe that MPL is the way forward for an airline training programme. 5J should be complimented for showing interest and now faith in the new system. :ok:

If anything bad has happened it is not a failure of MPL but failure to implement it properly by the school

I can see certain members here are very suspect about MPL when it compares to 200hr CPL + IR traditional methods of training. Every one is entitled to have his or her own opinions. :ok:

Just want to give some info abt the MPL:

What has to be understood is that MPL is not just a 70 hr single engine + A320 type rating programme!!!! There is 60 hrs of MCC (on the AlSIM 200MCC) followed by A320 ground school, followed by 48 hrs of initial SIM training on the fixed base trainer, followed by 60 hrs on the Level D full motion A320 SIM. MPL is finally awarded only on completion of 12 T/o ldgs on the real a/c. (i have not gone into the fine details of the actual training btw)

The MCC phase is being conduted in the ALSIM configured for the Citation CJ2. You just have to ask the guys how tough it already is in that phase!

Personally when i flew the ALSIM configured for the C172...i was flying all over the place :p Ask any of the cadets they will vouch that flying the real thing is easier than flying the ALSIM! We even had fun when one of our FIs made all of my bathmates do a single pattern with some insane crosswind. Final tally was 7 alive and 9 dead :ooh:. (i barely landed safe :)) It really is a challenge. During my core flying i have landed at r/w 02 omni in heavy cross winds of 100/12kts...but the ALSIM was way tougher.

Compared to a normal type rating programme, MPL has emphasis on more SIM hrs on the A320..and emphasis on TEM and emergency procedures.

At the end of the day we will be greenhorns like anyother in the industry...but i believe that with good training and guidance from the Captains, we MPL graduates can prove that the new system also works! :)

PS: i see a lot of images /news in this thread unrelated to CA...infact sometimes it is entertaining..sometimes annoying! Just to clarify regarding India...Not everyone is from Bombay. Infact the money lenders you see on the streets here (5/6) are not from bombay but belong to a certain tribe/caste in North India who have been doing only that for ages! They are known to o that in India as well! Everyone hates them :rolleyes:
Personally i come from a place that has a flying time of more than 3 hrs from bombay! (all over land):cool: well my batchmates call me something else :p

Ayla
24th Jul 2008, 16:15
fernandes tv, pity you don't post on here more often, that was one of the most sensible posts I have read on this thread for a while!

Don Vito
25th Jul 2008, 04:01
In an F1 racing, who would you actually choose to win?
A person who has 20years of ACTUAL experience of driving a toyota camry in an F1 circuit, then would drive an F1
--------------------------------OR------------------------
a person who has 200hours of simulated experience of driving an F1 in an F1 circuit?

"Simulators are good to teach system operations, but real flying is needed to learn airmanship, the very basis of safety," said Philip von Schoppenthau, secretary-general of the Brussels-based European Cockpit Association, a pilots' union.

Glafto
25th Jul 2008, 04:47
one of the most reasonable posts I've seen so far. :D

funnydaytoday2
26th Jul 2008, 04:43
thank you for a very sensible and well writin comment.:D:D
happy flying:ok::ok:

Squeeze
26th Jul 2008, 06:19
alright. very good post.

fernandeztv
26th Jul 2008, 11:37
Firstly..Thank you fellow pprune members for your support and kind comments! I think i will just start becoming a bit more active here :ok:

Secondly..as of yesterday evening, The student affairs officer has put up a summary/future action plan on behalf of the GM on the flt ops notice board. (It is more of a summary of the meeting that the GM had with each batch)

A detailed time line has been posted as to when each group of 8 students will graduate. I sincerely hope CA will be able to meet the time line!

Also as of today, the new Head of Training has reached Clark.

Will get back with any new developments as and when they unfold!

fernandeztv
27th Jul 2008, 10:05
I dont have any "inside" information! I am just repeating what has been put up in detail on the flt ops notice board! If anyone is a cadet at CA he/she would be aware of what i am saying :). (I know that most of the cadets may not have seen this as they are away due to the weekend while the notice was put up late Friday afternoon).

Again as i had mentioned earlier, we have been divided into batches of 8 (it does not matter if you are course 3, 4 or 5 etc..what matters now is if you are batch A, B, C etc...)

Two time lines have been posted.

Initially with the available capacity in the ALSIM and the Cebu 320 SIM, 8 cadets will graduate per month starting oct/nov 2008. A time line has been posted regarding when each batch of 8 will graduate.

Another time line has been posted assuming we get another level D A320 SIM, and additional C172s at a certain point in time in future. If and when this happens, then 16 will be able to graduate in one month.

Hope this clarifies your question. As i said, it only can be credible once we start seeing things moving forward here at base (and achieving the internal milestones). Till then we as cadets continue to keep the faith...and hope for the best...:)

We have waited so long with patience...atleast now the new mgmt is trying to rectify things instead of giving us stories! Lets give them a chance. If things go as planned, we have got nothing to lose and everything to gain now :ok:

Cheers everyone...

accio
27th Jul 2008, 13:58
my fingers are crossed (i hope i can still uncross them)

wait and see... wait and see... but at least this time - it looks and feels more realistic! I still have my high hopes for CA. I hope i'll get the value of the money i paid for ;)

paolylo
28th Jul 2008, 02:00
@fernandeztv

looking at the sortie board and if we're to follow the new courses (by 8's), you ought to be happy if you're from the first batches of 8 and done with the 70 hours of core flying plus IFR... that way, your training moves forward and you're a few steps closer to the A320 sim. great news indeed.

:D

but what about us with barely 25 hours of flying, still waiting on fully compliant for IFR C172's (we know that CA's been working on 2 C172's already parked at RPLC main and no one after batch 4 will use OMNI's planes), waiting for the sky to clear everyday, and expecting MW's ground school when we come back from a break that we're not even sure when it starts?

:confused:

given the rainy season, is 50 hours of flying (including IFR) possible in less than 2 months for 8 students using 4 Alpha Trainers (+ 2 C172's) with 5 (or 8) instructors? if so, the plan is fool-proof and a month-off per 8 cadets is justifiable for everyone else waiting to advance. it's a bit disappointing that batches 5, 6, & 7 are pretty much even with flying time, now that a bulk of 6 and everyone in 7 ran into insurance issues and need to fly 25 hours dual before flying solo.

fernandeztv
28th Jul 2008, 12:58
paolylo...The time allocated for each batch of 8 for core flying (including IF training) is 3 months. My calculation now is that most of the current batch 5 students will be able to finish their VFR sorties in 2 months...weather permitting ofcourse!

Personally for me April was my most productive month when i was able to fly 18 sorties and i just kept a couple of long X country sorties pending so that i get to fly in the months of May and June! So if you have done your solo and weather permitting all you need is just a month and a half to fly sortie 11 to 32 and sortie 44. Its raining almost daily now...but then again here in the RP it is the typhoon season now!

4 a/cs and 5 instructors and 16 students i think you can fly all VFR sorties in 2 months. At any given point of time only 8 students will be flying IFR for that month so 2 a/cs will suffice for that i guess (22 hrs (min) for 16 sorties including night flying. ie 176 hrs for 8 students or 29 days assuming only 1 a/c is available and it flies only 6 hrs a day! SO u see thats why I am optimistic as that the figures look ok compared to what previously was being dished to us like "ah dont worry we will finish you off in 2 months" etc...without any infrastructure!))

The situation with course 3 & 4 in OMNI was that usually the schedule book gets filled by OMNI students at the beginning of every month and we just get the odd hrs like 6AM to 8AM and some Sundays. Hence some of the guys who were not able to fly in April got delayed heavily :{ Esp those who still needed x country sorties and needed atleast 3 to 6 hrs blocks of sked time.

Ground school start dates for each batch (all batches!)can be got by the colour coding on the chart put up in grnd school notice board.

Reg course 6 and 7 ...ok so sortie 10, 11 and 12 cannot be performed, but then you can still proceed with sorties 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19 which are mainly exercises reg PFL. Precautionary ldg, steep turns, x wind ldgs, short field ldgs, gen handling revision (which you log as PICUS coz the instructor is grading you all the time during that sortie)...so easily the student can approach 25 hrs by flying all the dual sorties! (this is just my opinion!!! I dont know what the mgmt has in plan for them! )

Cheers...

yowdude
28th Jul 2008, 19:22
if you can fly the basic PATTERN "C" then .....ok

funnydaytoday2
29th Jul 2008, 07:41
another 2 pinoys hurt? which ones ..please elaborate

sidsrovers
29th Jul 2008, 09:13
Today MT and the HRD made Rhoda Taja the longest serving employee in Clark Aviation redundant to keep costs down yet keep employing more FOREIGNERS

Yet another Bombay arrived in CLARK, this time employed by Clark to teach you Filipino cadets how to fly oh blimy blimy, so now you are paying for Bombays to cheat you and now teach you , double header

Worse they did not even help her leave the premises just kicked her out, who will be next, maybe the sim guy's who knows as long IR keeps her position and the Turbans need to keep taking the money everyday

I am sure CDC will be happy to here the Filipinos are been made redundant and Clark is employing Foreigners even Bombays at P250,000 plus per month:=

jetman91
29th Jul 2008, 09:33
What do you get if you mix Bombay Curry and East German Bratwurst together?

Dinner on me for the correct answer.:ok:

airbusbatics
29th Jul 2008, 16:12
cessna95, you sound like a RACIST if I ever heard one!

What's your problem? Why do you keep using racist terms like "Bombay" and "TURBAN" to designate certain people?

The company is not Filipino majority owned. They have the right to put whoever they want to work there! It's a business not a goverment agency or a charity. What's it to you anyway?

The important thing is that the cadets graduate ASAP so they can go on with the rest of their lives. That's what matters.

I'm sorry for Rhoda and the other employees. But guess what cessna95, when you grow up you will find out that no one has a job for life. You will never be given a contract guaranteeing you a job for life. You don't want to be fired - become the boss.

What's disturbing is your racial/nationalistic abuse. Specially from someone who comes from a country where 10% of the population is working abroad. What if all the other countries where hardworking honest Filipinos are employed thought the same way as you and wanted all the foreigners out...What if all the airlines abroad that employ Filipino pilots suddenly sent them away / slurred them just because they are FOREIGNERS. Stop and think! Treat the foreigners in your country with the same respect and consideration as would like your fellow countrymen abroad to be treated.

Your racial slur disgusts me. You're not a pilot. You're a disgrace. Educate your mind.

Ayla
29th Jul 2008, 16:40
here here, couldn't agree more. People will take more notice of your post Cessna if you construct fair arguments. Attacking peoples race and cultural differences just devalues your comments! You complain of racisicm yet a rascist is exactly what you are.

jetman91
30th Jul 2008, 01:04
You should know the local laws before you open your computer. Here in RP a school must be minimum 60% Pinoy owned, Foreigners can only own Max 40% of any educational establishment.

The same stand for retail business but there the law is 100% Pinoy owned so how the concession could be given to a foreigner by a foreigner is something the SEC and CDC should look into, unless the foreigner running the restaurant has a Pinoy dummy which goes under anti dummy law.

Part of being in the Export zone and to enjoy tax privileges is employing locals. CA is not following that so they could loose their privileges but the problem then is CA would have to raise it's tuition fee.

The differens with the 10% RP population is that they go abroad and work hard for their families, they don't go abroad violating the laws hurting people, that is the difference, if we do something wrong abroad we deserve to be punished too.

Indian nationals are called Bombay's here, it's in the languague, not derogative and there are nothing wrong with the good ones following our laws but the ones braking the law should go home. Same as I'm sure you want Pinoys to follow the laws if they go and do business in India and elsewhere in the world.

And I agree, most important is for the school to live up to it's promise and that we will graduate.

Ps, If you don't show up to a meeting here it's called that you "Indian me". That is not racist, it's simply an expression.

Ayla
30th Jul 2008, 02:52
In most civilised countries in the world that would be viewed as a rascist comment as it implies all indians are late!

skypilot66666
30th Jul 2008, 12:33
YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THAT. FOREIGNERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OWN THAT, BUT REMEMBER THIS IS ANGELES, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING IS LEGAL HERE INCLUDING PROSTITUTION.

i wouldnt worry about the concessionaire GMHOTEL, your days are numbered.

skypilot66666
30th Jul 2008, 12:41
who are these guys, they are firing filipinos, taking money, are these the gifts that God has sent us, who knows, maybe someone should get intouch with CDC and file a complaint. only problem is that all are afraid.

just wait and see what happens. i heard that some of the old board was back and those who did wrong before are on the way out

WE JUST WANT TO FINISH OUR TRAINING AND IF THE OLD BOARD CAN GET THAT DONE, SO BE IT!!!!!

:ouch:

skypilot66666
30th Jul 2008, 12:54
haha, your what is known as a brown noser, whos cares about turban or any other term, you cant be disrespectful to stupid foreigners who treat others like s**t. your just like all the rest, hope they get rid of you soon like the other foreigners.

your all alike just trying to improve your own. your not filipino if you you were you would understand. remember what was said before in other countries,,,,

GO HOME YANKEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

skypilot66666
30th Jul 2008, 12:57
why dont they fire IR, shes working hand in hand with the bombays.

are you guys blind???????????

B747-800
30th Jul 2008, 14:54
you guys in the Philippines seem to have real problems! defarmation of people, just because you don't like them, seems to be below the belt line, joking about people is acceptable but not the way how you insult these people.

This shows that you are just kids who should play with toy planes. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

John Holmes junior
30th Jul 2008, 23:24
If you guys did it the "normal" way...working your way up from ppl to cpl..gaining hours as flight instructor or charter pilots..you could been on the ATR by now, and saved MILLIONS of your Parents' hard-earned money.:{ Moreover,...you would have established the most important factor in Airline Pilot employment- SENIORITY.

9ball
31st Jul 2008, 09:52
That is a very eye opening statement there Junior............

Too bad these cadets can't read the writing on the wall. Oh except for one....the guy that bought that C172 from omni and leased it back to omni who in turn leases it out to CA......

powerstall
2nd Aug 2008, 03:55
seems to me that somebody badly needs the commision.... and needs to find a "trusted broker" so he can have his or her share.... :E

Eight Ball
2nd Aug 2008, 08:43
Has the Cessna 172s arrived yet ? I heard they were suppose to be glass cockpit like what PAL Av school is using.

The new management from Cebu Pac in CA now is a refreshing news. It's about time they've put in Filipinos who knows the aviation sector in this country. Goodluck to them. It is never easy handling people. They can't please everyone so just support them as I'm sure their intention is in your (the cadet's) best interest.

To all the cadets in CA, goodluck and Godbless. To Ex - thank you for all your support my friend. I wish you the best of luck. I know Cebu Pac would benefit from your maturity as an employee and as a pilot.

cheers :ok:
8ball

sidsrovers
3rd Aug 2008, 13:25
READ MORE ON THE COMPANY "C&C Sons Alpha" THAT IS USING BIG TIME PHILIPPINE LAWYERS TO TAKE OVER THE WHOLE OF CLARK AVIATION (IAGDC) FROM THE FILIPINO PARTNERS

THEY ARE USING THE CADETS MONEY FOR THEIR OWN GAINS

BUYING THEIR FUTURE IN THE HOUSE OF LORDS IN THE UK WITH OUR PARENTS MONEY FROM THE PHILIPPINES

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article3876770.ece

Alpha Healthcare and Alpha Aviation was a donor to the Lib Dems. The company became the main corporate backer of the party with gifts of nearly £400,000. (P40 MILLION) The biggest gift of £125,000 came after the peerage was confirmed.

The ties between Lord Clement-Jones and Alpha Healthcare and Alpha Aviation appear to fly in the face of the Lib Dems’ motion at their 2001 conference that asked peers to refrain from professional lobbying. The Lib Dems’ federal executive regarded that request as “unenforceable”. It noted the safeguards in the Lords’ declaration of interest requirements and agreed to take no further action.

When The Times first began investigating Alpha Healthcare’s and Alpha Aviation's donations last autumn, a reporter visited the homes in London of the brothers Dhruv and Bhanu Choudhrie (YES HE HAS VISITED CLARK ON THE 13TH JULY 2006). They run C&C Alpha, a group of companies ultimately owned by entities registered in the tax havens of Guernsey and the British Virgin Islands. Alpha Healthcare and Alpha Aviation are part of the group.

Mr Black said that the first time one of C&C Alpha’s companies became a client was in February 2006. Alpha Healthcare and Alpha Aviation a major money lender and Shareholder in IAGDC (Clark Aviation) in the Philippines went on its books in September 2007. Alpha Healthcare’s donations to the Lib Dems began in March 2004 and ended in May 2007, according to Electoral Commission records.

The brothers’ spokesman, Eben Black, called The Times to say that he represented C&C Alpha. Mr Black is also head of media at the global government relations department of DLA Piper, a multinational law firm that offers lobbying services. Lord Clement-Jones is the department chairman.

DLA Piper said it provides media relations services to the Choudhries’ group of companies.

Mr Black said that the first time one of C&C Alpha’s companies became a client was in February 2006. Alpha Healthcare and Alpha Aviation went on its books in September 2007. Alpha Healthcare’s donations to the Lib Dems began in March 2004 and ended in May 2007, according to Electoral Commission records.

Lord Clement-Jones makes no declaration concerning C&C Alpha in the House of Lords register of interest of clients for whom he provides parliamentary services. He said: “I do not act personally for C&C Alpha.” The Lib Dem party treasurer denied that there was a conflict of interest in his roles as treasurer, parliamentarian and lobbyist. “Members of the C&C Alpha Group happen to be both donors to the Liberal Democrats and clients introduced by me to DLA Piper,” he said. “I would ask why the firm should not provide professional services to them, whether legal or media relations services.”

C&C Alpha Group has positioned itself to grow alongside this industry with the acquisition of aviation related companies in strategic global locations including Clark Aviation in the Philippines. Its vision is to set-up 9 new international aviation academies in Asia and Middle East to address the acute shortage of pilots, engineers, cabin crew and other aviation personnel. It will also have one flight training school in UK to cater to the European market and leverage on the cost advantages of training eligible European students in Asia. Click on the links below to view C&C Alpha Group's companies in the aviation training sector.

C&C Alpha Group :: Companies :: Aviation (http://www.ccalphagroup.co.uk/companies_aviation.html)

Search the Internet and see the New Owners of Clark Aviation

sidsrovers
3rd Aug 2008, 13:40
VERY INTERESTING

Lib Dems accused over donor link to company in offshore tax haven - Times Online (http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/health/article2492984.ece)

Alpha Healthcare and Alpha Aviation's ultimate parent company is Harberry Investments, which is based in Tropic Isle Building on the island of Tortola. Harberry’s turnover and tax payments remain hidden because the company is based in an offshore haven where businesses do not have to declare their accounts publicly.

Bhanu Choudhrie and his brother Dhruv are listed as shareholders in Harberry and shareholders in Alpha Aviation where they have nominee Directors Cherian Thomas and Pritam Singh, according to Companies House. They are Indian citizens and have “nondomicile” status, according to one colleague.

This means that they can, if they wish, avoid British tax on any income or gains from their overseas assets.

Bhanu Choudrie, 29, is registered as the owner of a £4.4 million (P418 Million Philippine Peso's) flat in Cadogan Square, Chelsea. The charge of the flat is registered with HSBC in Jersey, another offshore haven.

He is co-director of the mobile phone company Hybyte Solutions and Services, which was fined by the industry watchdog for sending out hundreds of unwanted text “jokes” for £1.50 each.

Dhruv Choudrie, 32, has an apartment in a private road in Kensington. In 2004 he was reported to have fallen victim to a conman’s sting when he ordered a Ferrari 360 Spyder, paying a 10 per cent deposit. He forwarded more cash and ended up losing £84,000. Both men are unmarried and were said to be in India yesterday.

This year’s donation from Alpha Healthcare and Alpha Aviation is the biggest received from a private business since the businessman Michael Brown gave £2.4 million through 5th Avenue Partners in 2005. Mr Brown, 41, is to appear in court this month in connection with an alleged multimillion-pound series of frauds and is also charged with perverting the course of justice and transferring criminal property.

sidsrovers
3rd Aug 2008, 13:52
The New CEO of Clark Aviation a certain Bombay called CT is also famous in London maybe we are next in the Philippines at Clark Aviation don't say we did not warn you !!!!!!!!!

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t21290-3.html

JOKE'S ON PEST TEXTER
Penman & Sommerland 15/02/2007

* More Investigates

PREMIUM-line pest Cherian Thomas doesn't know when he's taken a joke too far.

Last summer, his outfit Hybyte Solutions and Services Ltd was slapped with a £25,000 fine for sending dodgy joke text messages.

Nearly 100 people complained to watchdog ICSTIS that the joke was on them - they hadn't asked for the text but were charged £1.50 for each one.

Hybyte was also ordered to pay back everyone and barred from running the service for six months.

But the jokes - one a week - kept on coming.

Hybyte claimed it hadn't sent them but another 86 victims stepped forward to complain - and ICSTIS backed them up.

Call logs showed the jokes started before the ban was in place but continued after it kicked in on June 15.

This time round, Hybyte has been fined another £10,000, barred for two years from the service and ordered to pay back the latest victims.

Thomas, 47, who started Hybyte in 2000 and his codirectors are Bhanu Choudhrie, 28, and Matthew Barbieri, 38, are all from London.

They've been given a formal reprimand by ICSTIS - their fifth - along with nearly £50,000 fines, in the past 12 months.

skypilot66666
4th Aug 2008, 01:58
well lets see heard that was a near action...... just wait & see, just something i picked up on.

you will know more soon....

just keep reading these chronicles.

beatrix
4th Aug 2008, 08:07
Cessna95.....

Negotiations with Oxford??? Care to Elaborate coz I can't find anything on Cuil......???

Cheers bud..

hailer
4th Aug 2008, 09:39
Sidsrover,

Re the Times on line article; Pritam Sing may be non domiciled as far as India and UK are concerned but he was until recently (and may still be) involved with Prescient and its parent Singapore Technologies and resident in SIN. I wonder if the Singapore authorities are aware of this business interest?

Both Pritam and the Chowdries were involved to a greater or lesser extent with Mark Pearson when the funding was being found for Alpha and Clark Aviation. Sadly for the people who have invested their future in the school I see little hope of an improvement in their fortunes as a result of this development.

It is also unfortunately a fact that the Clark Aviation MPL will have no credibility in the industry and graduates (if there ever are any) will struggle to find acceptance when they try to convert their license.

Some of the comment on this long running thread has only increased the scepticism of impartial observers - racially biased rants do not endear people to those involved in pilot selection procedures in an increasingly international and multi cultural workforce.

Sadly for those involved it may be time to cut losses and get proper training if you want to salvage your career. Yes, I know that is unwelcome advise - I wish it were also incorrect but....

ambet
4th Aug 2008, 10:02
sidsrovers,

it says Chenin Thomas...

not Cherian...

Can you give an explanation

thank you

sidsrovers
4th Aug 2008, 10:22
Check the Directors of Hybyte and you will see that is clearly Cherian Thomas

Just a spelling mistake

Hybyte is a UK Company

Good Luck

Kaptin Kook
5th Aug 2008, 07:29
RP-C2818 used to be cross hired with Omni. Rented it several times for IFR renewal. It was nice and neat back in 2002. I think it was parked at Woodland Aeropark for awhile. Saw it again around Omni in 2005/2006. It didn't look too good anymore. Hope it has been refurbished.

Last July, I heard it on 118.7. Radio check then a test flight.

paolylo
5th Aug 2008, 09:40
what concerns me right now is that most of us waste gasoline/commute money each week going back and forth from Manila to Clark (which seems more expensive than flying an hour of 100LL every week or so, the normal pace for us) because we were told that all of us cadets will be grouped by 8's in order to facilitate a flow of constantly-finishing cadets starting by the end of the year... a few weeks later, nothing in our schedule has changed. not even a start date on when the re-coursing will commence. are they waiting for the rainy season to stop?

the only thing certain as far as everyone's concerned is posted on the bulletin board: ground school refresher... even that's not absolutely certain because the re-coursing (which hasn't taken place for everyone still in the core-flying phase) is subject to change and i won't be surprised if it will because i did see a few names on the re-coursed list who have already left the school.

*OT*
i don't know what's gotten into this thread over the past few weeks and to be honest, i don't really see how these politics of ownership and management directly affects us cadets since that ought to be the last thing on our minds right now... but racist rants are wrong. fine, there's freedom of expression on the Internet. i just wouldn't wanna be called a brown monkey or hear my Chinese friends being called intsik-beho-tulo-laway. stop the racism in these threads.

if worse comes to worst with the foreigners in the school, i used to work at this government office at Intramuros that deals with foreigners so i'd have an idea what to do. but please, understand that these foreigners are doing their job. let's give them a chance to help make our airline pilot dreams come true.

Ayla
6th Aug 2008, 15:45
http://bp2.blogger.com/_eV0COsFojDA/R27OwCCOmKI/AAAAAAAAAC4/un-7W4kuprk/s320/monty-python-ministry-of-silly-walks-4001112.jpg I Agree!

Eight Ball
8th Aug 2008, 12:37
The problem though is there are qualified Pinoy's who could do the job and it's for the state to protect their own citizens first. However CA (BA) don't like to pay us Pinoy's. A foreigner earns between 250 - 300K a month while they pay the same qualified Pinoy max 75K. Foreign investment act says that local workforce are to be used and foreigners are only supposed to be hired IF there are no local workers to do the job and they are only to be there till a local is found, however CA (BA) simply ignores the lawCessna95 has a valid point

Foreign investment act says that local workforce are to be used and foreigners are only supposed to be hired IF there are no local workers to do the job and they are only to be there till a local is found

hmmmm, I wonder if the DOLE knows about this

JV126
9th Aug 2008, 13:28
funnydaytoday2, pre walang ganyanan..... below d belt yan e.

in fairness, I spoke to a person in ATO kasi I was curious and they said that his license overseas and flying time checks out. also, he is actually flying for someone now and doing GI at the same time for another.

funnydaytoday2
9th Aug 2008, 15:12
in fairness, I spoke to a person in ATO kasi I was curious and they said that his license overseas and flying time checks out

In fairness, haha.. I not only saw with my own eyes the proof and charges that CA gave to the ATO, I also know who has copies of them. I saw and read, false entries in he's logbook, which he made and presented to CA to get the CFI job.... I saw the proof that he never had a valid license from CASA...
why do you think that he was the only FI that never got a license from the ATO.. I wont go on... cause if i do then it ll be below the belt!!!
Because of what happened before at CA, CA can now say that there are no qualified pinoys to do the job.. you think i like that!!??.. very unfortunate.... and as i hear it A S is at omni doing hes CPL.....
in any case.. its not below the belt...
its a shame things like this has happend,cause now it could be harder to justify to have pinoys doing the higher jobs.. something many of us want....

WxObserver
9th Aug 2008, 21:15
Somewhat off-topic, but why is it Pinoys are among the best known pilots. I've never figured that out myself. Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, just very curious because I'm pinoy, too.

garfieldslaststand
11th Aug 2008, 04:38
"in fairness" not very intelligent padding your logbook with an airplane that was not airworthy at the time of your flights :ugh:

John Holmes junior
11th Aug 2008, 12:30
Tsk Tsk Tsk...the great 8ball almost pulled a fast one on Bupak and almost got in as Airbus F.O., good thing the background checks exposed some glaring discrepancies..:= Be careful what you say on PPrune...it'll someday get back to you..;)

Spongebobsqpants
11th Aug 2008, 19:43
We have some strange folks onboard here, from my observations these past year, so I'm sure an extra one won't go amiss. You just carry on while I take a seat and observe and comment when it seems appropriate :p

beatrix
12th Aug 2008, 09:02
Bloody "City Boys" and their fuel pricing games.. I hope their big fat yearly bonuses allow them to buy more guilt reducing potions... They make me :yuk:

I feel desperately sorry for these guys, especially as the non-believers will use it as an example of how the MPL shouldn't be trusted or used, now they'll never get jobs and the old ways are best etc..

You have my sympathy, and I hope its a short term blip in what should be a winning formula.

B.

Spongebobsqpants
12th Aug 2008, 15:47
Beatrix, my sentiments too. Funny how the media are keen to comment on things they don't have a bloody clue about. The suggestion that the MPL restricts them only to fly a B737, whereas a CPL/IR would allow them to fly any airplane (without a type rating)??

I also feel sorry for the non Cebu sponsored cadets at Clark in particular, because they haven't read the writing on the wall, and I mean this literally. They are not being told the truth. The Management put a notice on the notice board, dated 25 July in which it stated that each cadet must be aligned to a partner airline so that the cadet can finish the program using that partners airline's aircraft. This is simply not true. This is a JAA interpretation and not an ICAO stipulation. There is an agreement in place with Cebu to provide the required take offs and landings for all cadets, not just those sponsored by Cebu! It remains to be seen why they are perpetuating this falsehood, but you can be sure there is an agenda here, which will become clear in time. I'm very surprised the cadets haven't picked up on this yet.

The bit that made me smile most of all was the statement that "It is really a colossal disappointment that a simualtor was never ordered sooner", as if this was just an oversight. Do the Management really believe the Jinglies ever intended to put a simulator at Clark? Sure, they promised and they seem to promise many things, but the sad fact is that promises can and are often broken. Question is, do the Management really believe what they are being told, or are they aware of what the real intention is? Time will reveal all.

Back to Bikini Bottom for me; a real fantasy land!

accio
20th Aug 2008, 16:51
well said beatrix lestrange

manina
21st Aug 2008, 02:09
Downturn throws MPL pilots on scrapheap (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/article.aspx?liArticleID=310559&PrinterFriendly=true)

Multi-crew pilot licence pioneer Sterling Airlines (http://www.sterling.dk/about_sterling) has dismissed the world's first nine MPL first officers to have reached line flying as part of cutbacks forced on it by high fuel prices and the economic downturn.
The dismissal had nothing to do with the pilots' skills, the airline confirms, but the carrier was applying the last-in, first-out principle that most operators employ when faced with the need for redundancies.
The Danish carrier, which has laid off 61 employees, says it is working hard to find other placements for all its redundant pilots, but admits that the MPL first officers have a particular problem in finding alternative jobs because they were trained specifically to Sterling standard operating procedures and have a licence of which other airlines have no experience.
The first four MPL first officers began line flying in October last year having graduated from Denmark's Center Air Pilot Academy and completed type rating training with Sterling. Capt Per Lilja, Sterling's chief training pilot, says they had completed line acceptance flying from the carrier's Oslo base within 22 days having flown 49 sectors, and were coping well with Norway's winter operating conditions.

Now they are out of work. The academy's type rating training instructor for the MPL course Capt Jens Frost says they could work for another airline following an operator conversion course - a normal practice to familiarise any pilot with an airline's standard operating procedures - but the lack of familiarity of other airlines with the MPL concept is proving an obstacle in practice.

Frost admits that one of the options the MPL first officers are having to consider is converting their MPL to a traditional commercial pilot licence and instrument rating (CPL/IR), which would entail gaining 30h more time as pilot in command, and about 15h flying in a Piper Arrow or similar type to prepare for the single-pilot skill tests that the CPL/IR demands.
Frost says there are, at present, practically no single-pilot commercial jobs, but at least the pilots would have gained a qualification with which airlines are familiar.

fernandeztv
31st Aug 2008, 02:29
Half of course A are already a week into the A320 ground school. The remaining half will finish their final MCC sorties by Monday/Tuesday this coming week. Wishing the very best for these cadets!

Batch B most of them are almost done with the IF phase. Just waiting for PC4. Batch C most have just started IF and are giving way for batch B. Batch D has just completed the grnd school refresher. Waiting for IF slots now.

On saturday the course reps had meeting with the CFI and target dates were given for MCC start dates for batch B to E.

Safe flt to all...
Cheers...

eg6racer
2nd Sep 2008, 13:52
Hi,

Does Clark Av have an intake of new batches of students?
Is CebuPac still offering sponsorships or are they offering new financing schemes?

I actually receive an invitation email today from Clark Av re: an assembly to be held on sept 3-5 10am.

Thanks,

calvin_1912
3rd Sep 2008, 02:55
Hi eg6racer, I also got that invitation from Clark Aviation. I decided to give them a call first regarding what will be discussed.

Basically, they are inviting us to be part of the coming October batch and they will only require us to pay half of the training fee (USD 45,000). They will then look for an airline which can sponsor the other half of the training during the course of our training.

I do not like the terms since there is no guarantee that they will find an airline to sponsor the other half of the training cost. And the terms with the airline (either it will be a salary deduction or bond for x years) is not yet set.

Regarding Cebu Pacific, I contacted their HR and they said that they are not yet offering sponsorships in the near future...

eg6racer
3rd Sep 2008, 14:13
Yup, I also called before confirming my attendance. I told them I won't be able to attend so they offered to just email me the details...

Glafto
4th Sep 2008, 06:40
that means CA wont be able to recover the other half of the training cost if they could not find an airline for us -- risk spreads over the students and the school. this gives the school a lot of incentives to find for partner airlines to recover their costs. but who gives guaranteed jobs nowadays? even if i finish CPL/IR, i am not guaranteed a job in an airline either. opportunity arrives only for those who are prepared.

I heard that there is a gathering in Bangkok for MPL forum as more and more civil aviation authoritities and airlines are contemplating or about to open MPL in their respective countries. see Halldale: About APATS (http://www.halldale.com/APATS.aspx) :)

Glafto
4th Sep 2008, 07:17
does that mean if they cannot find you a partner airline they will ask you to pay the other half or CA really needs to find you a partner airline so they can recover the other half of the training cost?

calvin_1912
4th Sep 2008, 08:41
Clark Aviation told me that if they are unable to find an airline to sponsor you, there is no obligation on our part to pay the other half.

That's why they said that we do not have to worry that they will not find an airline, because they will be forced to find one to recover the other half of the training cost.

But still... I am not sure I am agreeable to this...

jester_icarus
4th Sep 2008, 08:52
hey there fellas..

supposed they cant find you an airline that can sponsor you..what then? you would have already put down $45,000.00 for a license that you cant even use to flight instruct...

wouldn't it be better to go conventional and get a commercial license?

..just a thought

good luck..

funnydaytoday2
5th Sep 2008, 01:32
it is food for thought what jester icarus is saying.. i have to agree with him. cause if clark cannot find a sponcership then the student is out of 45 000 US...
If any student takes this offer, it should be added in writing that if clark cannot find a sponcership, then a full reembursment should be made..in writing.
and you guys been offered this, dont be afraid to ask this , demand it.its only fair to you.
remember this, only the sponcered filipinos have a job garantee, the self sponcered students, filipino and expat alike, still do not have a job garanteed anywhere...and this has been going on since the school opened...
so to anyone interessted, it s up to you but just remember to ask for things that will garantee your money, future and any indever you might have...

funnydaytoday2
5th Sep 2008, 01:40
@glafto
thanks for the info on the Halldale conference, always good to hear that the world has a big interest in the MPL.
Hope C&C Alpha Group Aviation, Clark Aviation. take some interest and go there to represent....

hailer
5th Sep 2008, 05:59
Just a gentle warning from a person who has some experience with MPL.

Before anyone accepts the latest "offer" be very careful. The basis of MPL is to have an airline that takes the graduates - look at the ICAO and JAA websites on MPL. Look also at the implications for the Sterling Airlines MPL cadets who have been made redundant and can not now go to another airline without expensive re-training. (recent Flight International).

I do not know what the Philippine ATO and regulators are accepting but every major regulator is tying the MPL to specific airline training SOP and LOE plus subsequent performance monitoring. Without an airline the MPL is of little or no use. As a previous post said - a CPL/ IR does not guarantee a job but is at least universally recognized.

It is apparent that Clark does not have an unblemished record of being truthful so beware an obvious tactic aimed at generating cash flow!

jester_icarus
5th Sep 2008, 06:50
if you have $45Ks...you can get close to at least a CFI rating (certified flight instructing rating) on a SEL.

repapips
5th Sep 2008, 16:57
Just heard from the grapevine that instructors at the Clark Institute of Aviation are very strict and trying to implement a semi-military (dodo-style) training. Even required the trainees to shave (their heads?) which the non-Filipino trainees managed to refuse somehow.
Though the Filipino trainees might not have been as fortunate.

:eek:

slatch
6th Sep 2008, 00:34
They might actually being doing the students a favor and dont know it. You ever flown in the philippines in a alpha with that nice bubble canopy? Must be like a flying sauna.....

fernandeztv
6th Sep 2008, 09:29
@ repapips...

Your grapevine is a bit old and maybe withered ;) That so called dodo style of training was initiated by an instructor who himself was an Ex PAL av school cadet. However he is no longer in CA. I respect him a lot though as he did his best to teach us (in his own ways and style)...whatever it took :) wish him the very best...Having said that i do support the dodo style of training...atleast during the initial stages of training.

However what has now happened is that the quality standards of flying has been raised quite a lot (the way it should have been in the first place) Ask any of the cadets in core flying stage and they will agree with me on that count.

PS: I am not a Filipino and i had my head shaved for the duration before i did my solo. In my country one shave's off his head only on the demise of his dad.

Bagoongathipon
7th Sep 2008, 00:58
Actually, to make things clear. That ex-Pal student (turned CA instructor) did not even want us to shave our heads. He just wanted a clean cut. But it was the time when that batch was having a hard time. Management was a mess. They werent flying. Nothings happening. Then two racist foreigners management were giving them a hard time without any goals on what they were doing.

That class initiated it by themselves. They had alot of arguments because some of them doesnt find shaving heads and dodo style useful. But eventually, they did.

They showed the PALAv graduate that they are willing to be standardized when there wasnt any back then. Then, their batch told all the problems they were facing in his first few days in CA. They asked him to help us.

Through his initiative, he found that the ALSIM could be used as a tool so that we could start training eventhough there were no planes yet. So he trained us there until we started our actual flying.

It may sound stupid that the batch insisted to have that semi-military, dodo style, shaving heads system. But they have their reason and im sure it was needed back then.

Much respect for because, unlike todays CA standard, he was our foundation. What he learned from PALav, that was our initial training. When we have nothing and was so down, he was there to help.

Now, as i see in the core flying phase, I can just envy how the quality of training the CA instructors are giving. Im sure there are still alot to iron out. But its getting better. Way better that before.

fernandeztv
7th Sep 2008, 05:14
@Bagoongathipon Yes i agree with what you have said...and its not just the AlSIM training that we got under that particular instrutor. He also voluntarily gave us classes on IF flying. That was the time when CA did not have any CFI...and though the course representatives pressed for classes / ALSIM sessions, the mgmt did not do anything about it :ugh:. Finally it was this ex PAL Av FI who went out of his way and made sure the guys who were getting delayed between flts (esp the ones who did not fly their 1st solo yet) got to fly in the ALSIM and the ones stuck in the IF phase had some valuable IF flts also. (He used to come into the dorm at odd hrs and pull out the guys who were getting delayed for the solo to do some sorties on the ALSIM :cool:) As i mentioned above he also spent time sometimes till 12 midnight teaching us the theory part of the IF phase.

Things now have certainly changed for the better...and sadly in the process we lost a few good FIs...but thats the past...

Cheers.

manina
7th Sep 2008, 05:24
Ping Pong Surla

Wanted by the Philippine Airforce for going AWOL knowing that he still has PAF commitments. Son of EVA Air Pilot. Did not reach the PAL line because of he was involved in the hazing of his lower class. tsk tsk tsk.........some kind of standard you aspire to Bagoongathipon.

paolylo
7th Sep 2008, 12:05
@manina

we understand how much you hate the school for ripping you off... but you're barking at the wrong tree. we're fine with you bashing the racist ex-manager and those who didn't know what to do with the school when it started (since we all agree on that), it's just really insulting of you to namedrop RS who is very much respected at Clark Aviation and even at PAL Av School for his flying skills and being such an influence along with GN to our current flight instructors. i wouldn't mind being sucker-punched in the gut as long as i fly up to standard... hey, at least we're flying. et toi? ;)

manina
7th Sep 2008, 12:25
paolylo,

What if your father knew or your mother knew that PingPong sucker punched you in the gut do you think they will approve? They did not pay 3.75 million pesos just to have their son be hurt intentionally by some PAL wannabe, PAF wanted deserter do they?????

paolylo
7th Sep 2008, 13:26
haha... i'm not the right person to answer that question :} , it's funny that you mentioned my parents because i honestly think they're fine with it (and it's not because they only pay half of the supposed Php3.75 million). now i don't have to mention my father's PAF and PAL past (dare i say legacy) but people like RS who are from our Air Force trying to get an early start in the local airline business would either go AWOL or are obliged pay the Philippine Government a huge sum of money equating to years of service for an early retirement. now you think you had it bad with Clark Aviation?

i don't expect a Bahraini woman to understand Philippine society but the fact of the matter is that we respect RS because of his passion for flying and if he has to hit cadets to learn or hit for the sake of brotherhood, it's not worth making a big fuss.

"standard 'yan, pare" - RS :cool:

Ayla
7th Sep 2008, 16:37
There is no excuse for an instructor physically abusing a student, in the military or civilian training!

Bagoongathipon
8th Sep 2008, 00:35
He may have harassed his lower batchmates in PalAv, he may have done something wrong in PAF... but in ClarkAv, he was the ONLY one who helped us when everyone else wouldnt. That is what is important to us back then.

He may not have the flying skills that fits your standard. He may be poud of himself and the words that come out from his mouth that most people would be insulted by the mere sight of him. But in our point of view, when we were left in the mud, no one helped us but him. Yes, he would train us the whole day, even at the night just to get those vfr and ifr right.

To those who has been physically abused by him, well i cant do anything about that.. unlucky you. but as far as i know, he didnt anything that way to us. Poor you.

Its quite funny how you would drag down a person.. has he done anything bad to you that you would be willing to put an effort to bring him down? if so, poor you. If not, spend your time doing something more productive.

some of the forumers decided to defend him admists his wrong doings in the past because he was the only one there back then who would help us.

I know you wont understand that.

Bagoongathipon
8th Sep 2008, 00:42
"Ping Pong Surla

Wanted by the Philippine Airforce for going AWOL knowing that he still has PAF commitments. Son of EVA Air Pilot. Did not reach the PAL line because of he was involved in the hazing of his lower class. tsk tsk tsk.........some kind of standard you aspire to Bagoongathipon."

DUH?! If he was hazing us/hazed us, we would have put a legal battle against him. Mind you, our batch has been very vocal AND ACTIONS against those people in CA who did not perform/has wrong doings. The previous management even called us management killers!! It was because even before you were in CA, we would pressure those non-performing managment. We can only do so much and many times it has back fired on us. But my point is, we would stand up if we were being harrassed.

What we got from him was not hazing, nor nonprofessionalism. But at the time when nothing was there, no one was professional, no standard at all... he taught us. Thats all that mattered.

And as I said, I envy those flying in VFR now because of the standards set by the CA instructors.. its different back then and we have to accept what resources we had and do it our own way.

Its different back then, different now, and will be different tomorrow. Move on.

Still bitter at this guy?

funnydaytoday2
8th Sep 2008, 01:46
@Paolylo
Dont you know by now that manina is no longer the Bahraini girl anymore.. that one of our local boys here hacked into her account a long time ago and is now impersonating her... So its not her talking dirt, its one of us..sucks dont it.

fernandeztv
9th Sep 2008, 03:46
@Ayla

To be honest there was no "physical abuse" by any CA FI (past or present) . When i did my first solo (one of the happiest days in my life :)) All RS did was punch me in my stomach. Was that a sucker punch???...Not at all! It did not hurt me one fourth as much as it hurt when i was punched by my classmates :ok: but then i went to sleep with a big grin on my face!

To the rest of the folks in the forum...Enough of the said FI bashing! Given the circumstances 8 months back when no one was bothered to teach us anything...that said FI did a lot to keep us occupied in a good manner and actually taught us :D I really dont care if he was AWOL from PAF or what he did in Pal Av school.

In the same way as i really dont care who is running the school. As long as we get trained in a proper manner should we really care as to who is teaching us?

As a customer who has paid thousands of $$$ for the training i think as long as i am satisfied with what is being done...i think i will continue to respect those that who do their duties. Now the standards have been set and more importantly they are being followed. As already mentioned so many times...The situation now in CA is very professional and a lot better.

Cheers...

PS: Define Physical Abuse...thats what I faced when i was in Engineering college and Reserve Armed forces (way back in the late 90s). A broken nose and eyes blackened just because you belong to a lower course? It took nearly 3 weeks for me to heal. How about front rolling on the gravel for 30 mins with nothing but only your briefs on? (oh ok one of us lost the gas plug on the damn rifle and all of us got punished for that anyways ;)) One should really do a military stint to know about physical abuse :ouch:. Physical abuse in CA? hahaha

tian yu
12th Sep 2008, 08:55
You could use the USD 45k to get an ATR 72 rating in Bangkok, after undergoing your CPL/IR at Aviation Training One International. Just inquire at their website Aviation Training One (http://www.avtraining1.com/) . :ok: More food for thought perhaps?

tbavprof
12th Sep 2008, 14:51
Good thing y'all got sponsors. This is a CRM nightmare, and no respectable airline (or at least one with traffic rights into Euro or the America's) will have anything to do with you, no matter how much you pay for your license. And that Malay/Bangkok route ain't the ticket either.

GTF outta there and go to Euro, US, or Oz for your training.

jamestaylor
13th Sep 2008, 01:13
No repectable airline what the f___ are you saying man oh man the people on this site....

rq4globalhawk
13th Sep 2008, 06:24
No repectable airline what the f___ are you saying man oh man the people on this site.... ..... amen

skypilot66666
13th Sep 2008, 09:37
still the same old problems, graduation??????

the corruption still running rampant with the bumbays, :mad:

ZFT
14th Sep 2008, 12:43
Tian Yu,

So how do you get an ATR rating in Bangkok through Aviation Training One? They have NO association with the ATR training centre in BKK.

Tvaprof,

And that Malay/Bangkok route ain't the ticket either
Why? Both Bangkok and KL ATR centres are JAA approved TRTOs. As my school master used to say "please explain"?

tbavprof
14th Sep 2008, 23:51
Why? Both Bangkok and KL ATR centres are JAA approved TRTOs. As my school master used to say "please explain"?

Like you said ZFT, I've never seen an association outside of Thailand by a Thai training provider. No comments on the ATR program itself. Same site used by TG?

ZFT
15th Sep 2008, 00:20
ATR Bangkok is co-located within TG, ATR KL is co-located within MAS. Both are independent of their 'hosts' though.

Kimpton
15th Sep 2008, 02:03
You have to be hazed and have your hair cut military style to learn how to fly in the general aviation sector?! If this is true, then it is definitely one of the reasons why flight deck CRM in the Philippines lack the desired assertive character expected iamong flight crewmembers, especially among First Officers.

Hazing to instill discipline and enforce respect from students, has no place in the training environment in the civilian world. Even the military schools have outlawed the custom of hazing (at least, that's what they say).

What hazing or any form of maltreatment does to an individual simply emphasizes the behavior from the beginning the ridiculous relationship between co-workers that, those who are ahead of you are more superior and, their actions can not be questioned for fear of being ridiculed. The customary way of addressing "superiors" in the civilian world with a "sir" or a "ma'am" before their first name comes comes to mind; in my opinion it is demeaning and derogatory to an individual's collective ego. In England, you have to Knighted by the Queen no less, to be addressed as "Sir". The way I look at it in the Philippines, it is used as a means of demanding respect to one's stature, nothig else.

This "unique', albeit silly kind of relationship between crewmembers, where the status of seniority generally sets the tone in the decision making process, should be discarded. Instead, a concept that breeds openness, assertiveness and meaningful discussion of ideas between flight crewmembers, without the wall of superiority should be promoted. And where else do we start enforcing this environment - in basic training!

You don't have to have your hair cut short to learn how to flare and land a Cessna. You don't have to be jabbed or slapped to learn to talk on the radio. And you definitely don't have to address anybody as "sir" or "ma'am" to know the answer to an aerodynamic question, only to stick your middle finger to "sir" or "ma'am" as soon as they turn their backs to you!

We're in 21st century. Stop enforcing age old customs and traditions that do not conform to modern ways and safe practices of the industry. If you want students to learn the right way, put into action the latest methods of education and training which are observed in countries that have successful aviation industries.

My .02 cents

9ball
15th Sep 2008, 04:01
I totally agreee with you Kimpton. very well said indeed!

tian yu
15th Sep 2008, 06:27
"Tian Yu,

So how do you get an ATR rating in Bangkok through Aviation Training One? They have NO association with the ATR training centre in BKK." ---ZFT

ZFT, my apologies I meant that Aviation Training One offers the OPTION of graduates to undergo training there, as agreed upon between the 2 managements but in no way are Aviation Training One associated or in other words in partnership with them. My deepest apologies.:)

tbavprof
15th Sep 2008, 08:46
Kimpton,

While what you say is true, you may find that ab initio in some parts Asia are run a bit more like a mini-military boot camp than a Part 61 drive around the old airplane patch, or 141 school with airplane driver uniforms.

Bagoongathipon
15th Sep 2008, 23:21
Lastly, There was no hazing in Clark Av. Obviously, some just wanted to put stories against the school.

We volunteered to shave our hair. When our instructor, Capt. RS, came in the morning, he was shocked and laughed. He said that a clean cut should be enough. But we insisted.

We made a deal with him. When every instructor was leaving C.A. back then, we asked him "Walang iwanan" or "No one leaves." Our class showed that we are united and of need. We inspired him to teach and train us despite the circumstances around.

No one else told us to shave our heads. It was a class' decision. It is for a reason that you guys wont fully understand.

Look what happened? He trained us in the ALsim from 9am upto 12mn. He focused on those students lagging behind... This he did even if there were no orders from the upper management. It was his initiative.

It was different back then. Its a different picture now.

jester_icarus
15th Sep 2008, 23:29
wow.. theres a lot of drama here. hey fellas..why dont we all do some "hangar talk" and share some of the knowledge that you all are getting there and vice versa those outsiders..share some thoughts and info on IFR flying, flight experiences that may benefit the cadets. :D

"keep the blue side up"

Bagoongathipon
16th Sep 2008, 13:15
Jester,
I think thats a better topic here in Clark Av forum. Is MPL a better way of training airline pilots or should we still settle for traditional?

all i can say is that, students and instructors (seasoned ones.. those who have instructed in PAL and Cebupac pilots), that the MCC phase, 27sessions of A320 level D, are more that enough training.

According to them, in traditional training, those who want to have CPL license just fly, in tagalog "naguubos oras", unlike in the advance phase of MPL, every hour and every session has a lesson. You are learning every hour.

Thats according to them. Convinced that this is the better way of training airline pilots.

But then again, i guess it is really hard to change what is traditional and have proven results. MPL graduates has to prove themselves to the world still.

My say is, Clark Av has a lot of things to fix, standards to achieve, but I believe that this is a good means to have airline pilots.

your say?

fernandeztv
16th Sep 2008, 13:27
Note: A "Session" in the MCC and A320 phase is 4 hrs each with each cadet performing PF duties for 2 hrs and PNF duties for 2 hrs.

Batch A (first 4): A320 gound school is completed and now they are halfway through their LOFT phase. (5 to 6 sessions completed on the A320 FFS)
Batch A (second 4): About to finish the A320 ground school by this week.
Batch B (first 4): Just done with their 15 MCC sessions. Will start A320 grnd school this week.
Batch B (second 4): about to start MCC sessions by tomorrow.
Batch C: Various stages of IF sorties
Batch D: Scheduled to start IF sorties by next week.

Good luck to all...Cheers...:ok:

fernandeztv
16th Sep 2008, 13:55
I can again confirm that here has been no instances of HAZING in CA! I sincerely hope we can rest that controversy now and move on with what is happening!

Coming to the use of "Sir" or "Mam" prefix to the first names...well what can i say ...even i found that funny when i landed here in this country!(I thought wow...a lot of people here have attained knighthoods!) BUT ....

One has to respect one's cultures and traditional practices.

Its a well known fact that in the west people usually address each other using their first names. In the Military we usually use sir / mam.

BAck in my country i have had the best of both worlds civilian and military.
In the Civilain society we Asians are very respectful to our elders. We would not call anyone by their names. We have the practice of suffixing sir/mam to first names (a slight variation to prefixing as they have here in the Philippines ...i guess being a colony of the British has its effect in that!)

When i worked for a German Mutinational company...we were used to using firstnames right from the bottom to the MD. However i made sure that whenever i went to a Govt.office i gave due respect to everyone....cannot risk hurting anyone's sentiments!

In an utopian society i feel the sir/mam should be disposed off with..BUT we aint in an utopian society!

So how can it be any different in the flighdeck now? In the West you can call the Capt by his first name. Due to CRM practices the F/O can challenge any risky decisions by the Capt. However that does not mean you dont end up with P+G- types of Capts? :rolleyes:

In Asia agreed we would never call our Capt by first name....but then we would not call our capt by first name even if he was not our capt! We would not call any elder we meet in the street or office etc by their first name...So why would it be any different in the FlightDeck??? However what CRM pracitices teach us now is again the same as in the west! IF the Capt happens to be a P+G- type of pilot irrespective of being a Westerner or an Asian...the F/o will have to use tact to bring the capt's attention to a problem!

If I as a greenhorn S/O am to fly with a Westerner...i probably would first ask the Capt as to how he would want to be addressed. If he says just call me Mike or Jeff etc i would do that, but if i had an Asian Capt...i would not hesitate in addressing him as Sir!

I can think of an old proverb..BE A ROMAN WHILE IN ROME :ok:
Cheers....

funnydaytoday2
16th Sep 2008, 14:04
heres one more proverb: all roads lead to rome.

ecole-du-ciel
18th Sep 2008, 09:11
How are you guys doing? I quit the school a year ago, and when I look back, I wonder... what would have happened if I didnt? Would I have already graduated by now? especially the 1st and 2nd batch of Clark Aviation, I always look up to them, they were so full of energy and charisma.

What happened to Matt Wood? I remember he was really angry when I told him that I was quitting.

I could also remember that guy in the wheelchair and the CEO Mark Pearson whom I personally phoned when I was leaving.

Right now, I am a student in another flying school, Its just a bit more before I reach my 200 hrs in our YFX-M56 Aircraft. Its a long road ahead for me, but its ok because I love flying!

Good Luck Guys! cheerio.

vinciboy
19th Sep 2008, 01:56
The rest of the fleet..... :D

http://blog-imgs-13.fc2.com/s/r/b/srblood/core0013.jpg

kidding aside, good luck to all of you guys :)