View Full Version : Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

lifter91
19th Apr 2008, 18:11
@redsnail: thx for the info ,

I'll live with the "weird things", if he really buys the rounds !!!:O:O:O:O

You might know how it is when you check people, you think you'll give the "candidate" a weird problem, and then you're very surprised because he/she has an even weirder solution...

@natops:

I'll be checkin' the hats at NJ, and lookin' forward to a line check with you, you've been recommended:ok:.

I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you in real life sometimes...

Olli

natops
21st Apr 2008, 19:10
lifter good luck with the indoc/typerating!

have a new liver standing by, dont forget not to miss the bus!
redsnail wrote about missing the bus in previous messages.

N.:ok:

(typo)

PAPI-74
21st Apr 2008, 21:43
Boll@*!s -
They wouldn't ask you to stage 2 if that were the case.
You can hold a CPL so you can earn them money, you just have to prove you have your head screwed on and are mature enough for the position.

Go for it - and if it ends fruitless, you have the experience of an interview to build on.

Good Luck!

lifter91
22nd Apr 2008, 05:22
Hi,

@natops: Rgr wilco:O

Olli

nonemmet
23rd Apr 2008, 16:58
Do any of the insiders know how the current economic situation - credit crunch, and possible recession in some countries, is affecting Netjet Europe's business projections. I know there are a lot of aircraft on order, and that presumably 'owners' are locked in for a period anyway and so might not be able to react immediately to hard times, but is there any downward adjustment in sales or sales projections? Just because a/c are on order/delivered will they neccesarily be crewed if there are no buyers?

I am currently in what may be considered a safe position. If I were to be offered a position with Netjets then weighing up the job security odds is important. Warren Buffet's business acumen is of course well known.

It has been suggested that the reason for a slow down in interviews is lack of simulator space, could there be another reason?

lilmange
23rd Apr 2008, 18:44
Hi!
I was at LBG early april and got a very nice phonecall from Carmen about a week ago. I hope you were lucky as well!
/m

austrian71
24th Apr 2008, 08:16
@lilmange
congrats, enjoy, because to answer nenemmet, its still a stable and exciting work, company settled and stable, nice people.

long final
27th Apr 2008, 12:11
Question re gateway changes. How would netjets feel if you wanted to swap your gateway between two every six months?

LF

redsnail
27th Apr 2008, 13:47
I don't think they care. Just send the email/contact your fleet manager in good time.

We've got guys who use London for Summer and Geneva for Winter.

redsnail
27th Apr 2008, 16:20
Generally they are ok. Some aren't so good and we're trying to get them changed. On the whole, the good ones outweigh the bad ones.
Marriot Courtyards, Hiltons, Novotels etc.

Airline travel. If the flight is more than 6 hours, you're flown business class. Recurrent flights are different in that you have the option of taking an economy flight and getting some money back. €450/flight.
Other wise, it's economy unless there's no other option.

potatowings
29th Apr 2008, 13:43
Hi guys, any further news on recruitment at the moment?

Is lisbon telephoning candidates for pre-screening at this stage or is it on hold?

long final
30th Apr 2008, 08:15
Redsnail,

Thanks for the response. Could you (anyone?) give me an idea of the difference between the basic quoted starting salary and the basic, on say, a Falcon? Thanks.

LF

FliegerTiger
30th Apr 2008, 08:19
long final,

There is no difference in pay whatever fleet you are on.

long final
30th Apr 2008, 08:51
Thanks for that.

LF

bArt2
1st May 2008, 08:53
Hi everyone,

I am getting worried about my application at netjets, I finished my 12+4 year contract in the Belgian airforce in november 2007 and sent an application in januari 2008. I still had to complete my ME/IFR and MCC course (I mentioned that in the application form).
In februari I got a call from netjets asking me if I had done everything, which was not the case, so he told me to send a mail when I was ready.

I did so a month ago but have not heard of them since.

I have already refused several job offers because I want to fly Netjets, but now I wonder if I should consider the silence as "we don't need you".

Did anyone get a phone call from NJ the last month?

Should I send my application again?

Greetings, Bart

redsnail
1st May 2008, 09:46
G'day Bart,

Did you get any sort of automatic response from your last application? If not, send it again. You may want to try a follow up call to recruitment. I can't say it'll work but you might get somewhere.

Failing that, there's a lot of ex Belgian Air Force pilots with NJE, try speaking to one of them and they might be able to chase up something.

Pax on the run
1st May 2008, 16:39
I had a missed call on my phone from Lisbon today, I was flying at the time. I hope that I have not missed out? Has anyone else been in this situation? I have just called NJ and was asked to ring in tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!! :)

redsnail
1st May 2008, 18:39
POTR, you're not the only one, just ring in tomorrow.

bArt2
1st May 2008, 19:10
Hi redsnail,

Yes I've received an auto-reply. I did not try to call them yet since I don't want to piss them off, I've read somewhere that they do not want candidates to call them. Anyway I do not have the phone number of recruitment.

Greetings, Bart

Alphonse
1st May 2008, 19:23
Lucky you were called today, Labour Day public holiday in Portugal - office like a graveyard.

They will call you back.

buboso
2nd May 2008, 18:18
Pax on the run,
i had the same problem a couple of month ago, they called me after three or four days!

Good luck!

buboso

pfiffikus
8th May 2008, 11:53
Hi!
Clould anybody give me some more detailed information about the new selection process?
I have read all the previous postings, but would appreciate any further information.

many thanks

Alphonse
8th May 2008, 12:13
pfiffikus.

Post #1285 says it all.

More telephone screening this week.

Pax on the run
10th May 2008, 10:08
Hi everyone. I had my telephone interview earlier this week. The chap I spoke too was great, I was caught completely off gaurd though! I am sure that everything ran smoothly enough. I am excited and hoping to recieve a call soon for a formal interview.

Fingers crossed, one step closer to NJ perhaps!

Mike Oxbig
11th May 2008, 08:55
Hey Alphonse,

You are not a Hawker 800 card owning dog are you? :)

If so, congratulations on winning all those shows in one day! :D

banewboi
11th May 2008, 09:59
i was called at about 9.30 fri, but was in the shower, was absolutely mortified i missed it, rang them about 11 and was told they'd call back, they'd done so in an hour, just don't want to have cocked it up.

cc by the way, however it looks just as hard for you guys.

fingers crossed everyone

south coast
11th May 2008, 11:13
Good man...in the shower having a tommy tank and missed the call!

Alphonse
11th May 2008, 18:05
You are not a Hawker 800 card owning dog are you?

If so, congratulations on winning all those shows in one day!
So kind! I'd like to thank the company, the crew (although that pilot with the wrist strap had cold hands - thank gooness it wasn't that ruff-sounding south coast person!), my grooming agency, my wife, the children........http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/smilies/wink2.gif

Pax on the run
14th May 2008, 08:05
Hi to you all and those in particular who have recently had the telephone interview.

Has anyone been contacted for an interview yet? I am itching to find out myself!

south coast
14th May 2008, 11:30
Alphonse...how do you know I am rough?

Alphonse
14th May 2008, 12:05
Didn't I say "ruff"?? You barked at me during the safety demonstration! http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/smilies/worry.gif
Has anyone been contacted for an interview yet? I am itching to find out myself!Pax on the run, be patient - at times, there might only be one telephone screener in the office, which limits the number of calls. Read up on first CV, make the call.......voice mail option! Read next CV through, make the call, voice mail option...... Third CV, third time lucky, get through for a chat. Fourth one (first CV again) - voice mail. And so on......

Pax on the run
14th May 2008, 12:30
Thanks Alphonse, patience I know!

I have had the phone interview, just waiting to see if I get the call for the formal one.

banewboi
14th May 2008, 12:31
hi south coast, flintstone, alphonse and redsnail, and any others

i've read the lot on this nj recruitment thread and some seemed extremely negative (like smeagol) but that seems to have quietened over the last 6 months. how are things now?

redsnail
14th May 2008, 13:42
It depends, I am pretty happy with things but realise that T&Cs need to be monitored so they don't slip and that any promises made are adhered to.
I don't work too hard which suits me just fine. :}

The crew members that appear to be growling the most (down route) are the ones that feel their progression isn't going as quickly as they wanted.

In general, the people I meet are happy but know they can't be complacent.
Feedback to the company is vital and just whinging* amongst ourselves isn't useful.

* although fun.

FliegerTiger
14th May 2008, 18:01
G'day Reddo,

Speaking of which, any talk of when the pension scheme will be in place? They've been promising it for a while now...

Cheers

FT

redsnail
14th May 2008, 18:45
FT, I can't remember. I think something came out the other day. :confused:
Since I reside in the UK I doubt my pension will change significantly. I won't say no to any improvement though.

bArt2
14th May 2008, 19:24
Hi, like I mentioned before I am waiting for a reply to my solicitation at Netjets for a few months now.

Today I received an invitation to the NetJets Europe Career Fair to be held at EBACE in Geneva.

Since I am registered for the Netjets newsletter I am not sure if this is a general invitation or if it is directed at me due to my solicitation, the only clue is that there is an unsubscribe link on the bottom so I guess this is just a newletter.

If so is it helpfull to go to such a fair anyway, or do they just give some info about a carreer at Netjets.

Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks, Bart

Alphonse
14th May 2008, 20:21
EBACE - This is the first recruitment event that we have run at the annual business aviation convention, and we are keen to introduce our company to as many potential employees as possible (both crew and office-based employees). The Career Fair at EBACE will be somewhat similar to the crew recruitment roadshows that we have run in the past, but we are planning this event on a much larger scale and it will be attended by operations staff from Lisbon, sales and marketing staff from London and a number of crew members.

The EBACE Careers Fair also provides a great opportunity for those crew not familiar with business aviation to see and experience all the aircraft that currently make up our fleet.

EU Pension - People are wondering why it is taking so long to put together our Pensions Fund. Our aim is to implement a portable pension plan, but this plan needs to take into account the tax and social security implications of 26 different nationalities. We are also one of the first businesses to comply with the EU Portability Rules, so this is complex and very time consuming. We understand how important this is to you and we have a team of advisors looking at the complexities of it. We appreciate your patience on this issue.

banewboi
14th May 2008, 20:28
with regard to ebace, and the recruitment drive for "crew" is this just tech crew, or cabin crew aswell?

Kelly Smunt
15th May 2008, 10:06
I am interested how in France where a pilot lives and sometimes operates from he or she does not have a French employment contract.
I know a number of BA pilots are based in London and live in France who by virtue of the fact they do not operate into or out of France are exonerated from this requirement.

Iver
15th May 2008, 13:18
What aircraft types do Nejtets fly into London City? How big can they fly there - up to Falcon 2000? Will the 7X be able to fly to/from LCY?

redsnail
15th May 2008, 13:32
Kelly, not exactly sure what your question is. We do have many crew members living in France. I'll let them answer the question.

Iver, I know the Bravos, 400s, Hawker 800s and Excels fly into LCY. I haven't seen any NJE Falcons in there. (it may have changed. There is a 900 that operates in there but it's not NJEs) No idea about the 7X yet.

Alphonse
15th May 2008, 18:00
Kelly – unless you want to live in Portugal, you will be working under a “UK” contract, lots more information within this thread. The French tax issues are more complicated & really need a French pilot to answer any specific questions.

Iver – as listed, only NJE small/medium fleets into EGLC, no Falcons.

Falcon 7x will operate from EGLC, direct to USA!

Taxi2parking
15th May 2008, 18:45
Kelly Smunt which 'requirement' are you refering to with regard to a french resident? I'm not aware that just because you live somewhere that you have to be employed by a company from that country. Only ask cos I fall in this group......:ooh:

Kelly Smunt
15th May 2008, 21:24
AFAIK if you reside in France but say work out of the UK all you have to do is fill in a French tax form to comply with the law.However if as a resident AND you are working in France ie operate in and out of you have to be on a French contract which costs the employer considerably more in costs than a UK one.EJ had their base in Paris raided and then closed by the local chamber of commerce.To get round this one,EJ now provide hotel accomodation to all their crews on a paris night stop I understand.

redsnail
16th May 2008, 01:05
**thread drift alert**
easyJet's Orly base for pilots and FAs is still open and running.
eJ's De Gaulle's base is a FA base only, pilots are hotac'd.
Orly was the base raided.
** end of thread drift**

Rest of the NJE contract issues, handing over to our France based colleagues.

banewboi
16th May 2008, 09:51
I think i might just have a coronary if i don't hear soon.

No news is good news?

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
16th May 2008, 10:57
I guess you´ll just have to hang on a little bit longer...

Day X+10: First colleagues got their letter.
Day X+14: I got my friendly call from Lisbon (around 5pm LIS time).

And if memory serves me right they got a normal letter, not an email. So, try to relax as much as possible and remember - if you failed, AFAIK you´ll get a second chance (Carmen did not explain to me what you have to do NOT to get a second interview... makes me wonder :confused:).

All the best

EDIT: Just scrolled back a little.. you are talking about your telephone interview, aren´t you? Here´s my story (well, in a nutshell): Waited for three months, talked to Carmen, got the call the next day - line was bad. No second try. Waited another two weeks - and it was all over in ten minutes. Had to wait about one month for the invitation to the interview.
So, be patient.

Taxi2parking
16th May 2008, 12:26
mmmm yes, I guess they could close my 'base' but the other users of the airport might be upset.:}

NJTA is not a conventional airline with fixed bases for the aircraft, so comparisons with other companies are not really valid. We start our tour where ever the aircraft is, airlining there to meet it.

As a French resident I am domiciled for tax purposes in France. However, with regard to my NJTA pay, the tax is paid in Portugal since this the operation is controlled from the Lisbon operations centre, the companies 'base' if you will. I then make a normal tax declaration to the French authorities. Since we all pay 20% tax in Portugal the French should not require any further payment since there is a double taxation agreement between the country of domicile and where the operation is controlled from.

This, by the way, is all done in an open and formal way - nothing to do with anyone 'saying' things to the authorities.

Kelly Smunt
16th May 2008, 13:44
Interesting.Now if you were employed in the UK you could claim you were non resident (spend less than 90 days there) and only be taxed on your UK element (approx 1 % of your pay for BA/Virgin longhaul pilot)
Under the dual tax treaty between France and the UK your tax is deemed as being due in the UK and not in France.
Net result 1% income tax and you dont have to live in a dump like Monaco.

redsnail
16th May 2008, 13:48
Kelly, I have a feeling that every possible permutation for tax minimalisation has been worked out between Portugal, UK and every where in between where we have crews domiciled. I doubt either authority would accept what you say.

Taxi2parking
16th May 2008, 14:12
'and you don't have to live in a dump like Monaco' - sorry all those billionaires can't all be wrong.

However, unlike many of the BA/Virgin pilots who commute from the same airport I do, I don't have to stand sweating in the line for a standby seat. I also have my airline time included in my maximum duty day and subsequent rest. Not wild about the idea of a long commute and then starting a full days work.

With regard to your comments on tax, the situation is the same for both groups of pilots since they are being taxed in the country from where effective operational control is exercised. The only difference is that the UK tax authorities allow money to be claimed back. The Portuguese do not.

Sir Thomas
16th May 2008, 19:14
Hi guys and girls,
I realise the answer might be somewhere in the preceding 80 pages but I must have missed it then . Any of you know approximately how long one should wait for a screening call after you submitted your application ?

Thank you,

ST

Alphonse
16th May 2008, 19:58
Any of you know approximately how long one should wait for a screening call after you submitted your application ?Sir Thomas, see post #1552 above!

Otherwise, get piece of string & scissors, close eyes (mind fingers), cut string - how long is it? http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Guys have been called one week after sending in their application, or, up to 2 - 3 months later. No real set pattern, although sometimes depends on your background, experience, availability, & perhaps how many CVs on the desk at the time (or how many in the office to do the screening calls).

bArt2
17th May 2008, 09:15
Any of you know approximately how long one should wait for a screening call after you submitted your application ?

I've submitted my application the 2nd of january and I am still waiting for a call. However a friend and former collegue of mine applied a few weeks before me and is already doing his training, so I guess you can not really say as stated by Alphonse in the previous post.

I hope you have better luck than me :ok:.

Greetings, Bart ;)

Alphonse
17th May 2008, 11:10
.....although sometimes depends on your background, experience, availability, & perhaps how many CVs on the desk at the time (or how many in the office to do the screening calls).
I was careful not to state policy, but rather to indicate what has happened to applicants over the last few months.

Bart, if your general experience & TT was the same as your ex-colleague, then worth giving Recruitment a call, 4+ months seems a long time. However, if he had 5000 hours TT & you had 2000 hours at the time of your application, that could be a very valid reason for you not being called so quickly.

I believe that the company will be running Indocs through autumn, probably into December, so still lots of chances. http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

bArt2
17th May 2008, 19:27
Hi Alphonse,

Indeed he has more hours since he flew more on transport aircraft, around 5000 like you said (good guess:D) while I have a bit under 4000 hours.

I believe that the company will be running Indocs through autumn, probably into December, so still lots of chances

That's good news, I hope for the best.

Greetings, Bart

redsnail
17th May 2008, 19:50
G'day Bart,

Have you got any mates in NJE? Can you get them to ask about your application? Sometimes there's a glitch in the system and your details will be lost. If you don't have any mates, resend your application.

Cheers & good luck.

bArt2
18th May 2008, 07:09
Hi redsnail,

Yes, I've got some friends who fly there and I gave two of them a call last week, now I'll wait and see.

Greetings, Bart

Sir Thomas
18th May 2008, 10:27
Thanks for the replies guys.
bArt2, you wouldn't happen to work for Brussels airlines would you?

Ciao,

ST

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
18th May 2008, 10:51
Alphonse disappeared..!? Too bad, seemed to be a rather friendly and informative dog..

Flintstone
18th May 2008, 17:55
Maybe Alphonse was a bad hound who didn't lie down when he was told the first time? Or second?

That's the trouble with lap dogs. Once they start messing up the house having them put down is a kindness really.

bArt2
18th May 2008, 21:32
bArt2, you wouldn't happen to work for Brussels airlines would you?

I'm not working anywhere, since I left the air force in november I'm without a job. The only thing I do is sit next to the phone:}

austrian71
18th May 2008, 21:44
bArt2
recruitment is going on, but it could happen that employment is delayed, nevertheless wish you all the best, keep on running!

bArt2
19th May 2008, 04:57
Thanks austrian71 ;)

banewboi
19th May 2008, 09:28
10 days, and my kittens still haven't arrived!

scambuster
19th May 2008, 21:10
Well said Flinty.....you should know!:D

Alphonse
19th May 2008, 21:22
Did someone whistle? Sorry, had to go looking for more dog biscuits!!

At least this pooch isn't a naughty dog in the Courtyard.......watch out for Jack Russells, they like hunting rats......

http://www.orionkennel.com/3-9Nakitarathuntingpage.jpg

No RYR for me
20th May 2008, 07:46
Once they start messing up the house having them put down is a kindness really. It is also kind to move them to an animal shelter To Animate Gits..... :}

Flintstone
20th May 2008, 08:27
C'mon boys, you can do better than that.

We all know Alphonse was someone who couldn't take a hint. Next thing you know he'll be humping the furniture instead of just legs in Lisbon.;)

Duck Rogers
20th May 2008, 08:44
Folks.

Either stay on topic or go walkies with Alphonse.

Duck

banewboi
21st May 2008, 10:54
Ok it's been 12 days and still nothing, do i call them?

I'm on a knife edge!

natops
24th May 2008, 09:43
Banewboi, come on man! Just make the call, be assertive. (after the weekend:cool:)

Greetz and stay on top!

Heard there will be 2 Indocs a month again from September on, can anybody confirm this?
They hired a bit to much last year, about 50% of what is needed for this year.

Alphonse
24th May 2008, 15:38
Heard there will be 2 Indocs a month again from September on, can anybody confirm this?Yes - but probably only one in December.

B-767
24th May 2008, 18:04
At the rate people are leaving, maybe 3 per month

Taxi2parking
24th May 2008, 18:40
lots of people leaving - were did you get that info B-767? :cool:

natops
24th May 2008, 22:44
Unable 3 indocs at the same time at the moment, only 2 indoc instructors on scene!

Hmmm I'm also interested why you said that a lot of people are leaving, 767!
Have you got numbers?
I know stories of people who want to return to the company, but are refused because of the new policy.

Yes Yes Redsnail I was lucky....

scambuster
25th May 2008, 08:02
err, 3 a month leaving out of what...1100? a 3.27% turnover. Normal? Don't know....any comments?

Taxi2parking
25th May 2008, 08:49
well if its 3 a month that's hardly a lot - I get the general sense that people are not really looking elsewhere. A few french guys might go to airfrance but not much else I think.

ginopino
26th May 2008, 13:59
..What about DEC ?... the policy is still the same ?
Thank's !!

Alphonse
26th May 2008, 14:13
..What about DEC ?... the policy is still the same ?Correct. Sorry, no change (& not likely to be) = no DEC.

No RYR for me
26th May 2008, 15:19
DEC policy will stays the same as they are able to get guys with an average of 4000+ hours onboard. Even if you have a TR on the type you will fly you will have to redo the TR again. :)

1013 with altsel
26th May 2008, 16:21
hi, could anybody tell what the chances of getting on the gulfstream would be? And if you not get it on the initial start, how long to bid on it?

Many thanks indeed.

Alphonse
26th May 2008, 16:47
hi, could anybody tell what the chances of getting on the gulfstream would be?Quite small - just a very few start from Indoc, I believe 2 for the G550 from the March courses for example. In the past, they allocated some lower hours guys as a way to build up their TT quicker than in other fleets.And if you not get it on the initial start, how long to bid on it?Well, the new "career progression system" is waiting to go on-line (I believe held up slightly due to server security checking). All pilots will get a career number - if you start on the same Indoc, then age will go before beauty!

When the system is operational, if you are originally allocated to a non-APU fleet, then there will be a block hour total or calendar period to complete (whichever comes sooner), before you can bid for a new fleet. This block hour/time period will be greater for those on APU-equipped medium fleet, & increased again for large fleets.

There are other variables - for example, you could be allocated a new fleet on upgrade without having bid for it - but the basics are as described.

redsnail
26th May 2008, 17:43
No idea sorry.

austrian71
26th May 2008, 21:42

if you are lowtime (1500 - 2000 TT) chances are high to join on the gulf as F/O, otherwise about 2-4 years waiting, depending if you start on small (2-3 years) or medium size (3-4 years).

Sir Thomas
27th May 2008, 09:28
Hi guys,
Applied about a month ago and got the auto reply email. Still haven't got a phonecall from NJE:(. I am only just above the 1500 hrs , but other than that I think I fit their profile quite well.
I am going slightly crazy waiting though, anyone any ideas as to when I ring them to ask wether I've been dumped and apply again??
Thanks

Thomas

lifter91
27th May 2008, 10:50
Hi gents,

@everybody waiting for a call:

keep cool, I know several people that got their call after waiting for up to 6 weeks. They all have interview invitations now...

I guess the NJE recruitment department can't work more than 120%:E, so they'll get around to you, it might just take a little while:E:E:E

so keep your heads up and your ears stiff

Olli

Iver
28th May 2008, 14:04
Starting out as a Gulfstream FO would be great in my opinion. Nice airplane, wide variety of destinations worldwide, flight attendant to support the passengers - what else could you want? Doing this for 3-4 years wouldn't be bad at all.

I guess upgrading to the Bravo when you have the required time might be a shock after life on the G-Stream though... :eek:

Pax on the run
28th May 2008, 14:59
Wow! Thrilled!! I have landed myself an interview date, very happy yes!

Another step closer to NJ!!

:D

lifter91
29th May 2008, 07:26
:ok::ok::ok:
congrats!!!

... better start studying now:p

cheers, Olli

long final
29th May 2008, 15:09
Hello all,

Could you tell me if the phone interviewer will tell you if you have passed or not at the end of the call?

Many thanks.

LF

Potential
29th May 2008, 16:36
What is NJE's policy on smoking in the cabin/flight deck?

CMN
29th May 2008, 19:56
There is a uniform policy in the manual. No smoking :}

But several colleagues have had a cigarette or two on an empty leg...

Potential
29th May 2008, 21:10
...and does the no smoking policy extend to the owners?

redsnail
29th May 2008, 21:12
No, the owners can smoke. Not many do.

Potential
29th May 2008, 21:20
So the crew can't smoke but some do and the owners can but only some do.

Hopefully I'll not fly with these somes too often.

PPRuNeUser0215
30th May 2008, 00:18
Not sure about other fleet but on the XL and in my own experience, very, very few owners smoke. I don't run statistics on it but if I get one every 2 0r 3 months, it s about right.
As for Crews smoking on the flight deck ??? Well, I ve never come across one as an FO and as a Captain, not even an option.

lifter91
31st May 2008, 18:31
Hi gents,

@ longfinal: nope, they don't:{, gotta wait. but you'll have a "feeling".

@all: we used to smoke a whole pack of cigarettes going across the pond in a C-160. (Crew of 5).:eek::eek::eek:

But even in such an old cargo ship it's not allowed anymore. :\ But I stopped 4 years ago, so I don't care...

Cheers, Olli

jelida
1st Jun 2008, 08:25
Hello everyone,

As a SFO on the Airbus I am thinking about applying to NetJets. Can anyone enlighten me on the application process?

Many thanks

south coast
1st Jun 2008, 10:13
Get yourself a helmet...!

FliegerTiger
1st Jun 2008, 13:04
jelida,

If you look through this thread you will find what you're looking for. Also plenty of info on www.netjetseurope.com

Good luck, I'm also SFO on A319 on my second attempt to get in!!!

FT

long final
1st Jun 2008, 15:58
lifter91,

Thanks for that, it seemed to go well.

LF

lifter91
1st Jun 2008, 18:37
@LF:

so relax buddy, they'll probably give you an invitation to the interview soon:ok:.
In the meantime study JAR-OPS 1 and ACE and you'll be fine .

Cheers, Olli

ramon76
1st Jun 2008, 19:32
My application was turned down... got the email today :-(
I never got the dreamed phone call.... Thanks for all the helpfull posts here, and.....

good luck!!

bArt2
4th Jun 2008, 07:28
I'm sorry to hear that ramon76. I wish you more luck next time.

@ Long final

Did you allready get a response from them?

Bart

long final
4th Jun 2008, 08:01
bArt2,

Yes, I got a mail yesterday offerering an interview, though they havn't given me a confirmed date. I will have to wait for that. No idea how long that may be.

LF

bArt2
4th Jun 2008, 09:56
That's why I asked, I've got the same email after having the phone interview last week. It is positive because it is not a "no" but on the other hand after having waited six months I don't know how much longer I could wait, being without a job since nov 07.

Greetings, Bart

long final
4th Jun 2008, 10:18
bArt2,

Thats good to hear, at least things have started to move for you.

Has anyone any experience of mine and bArt2s situation? How long do you expect we will have to wait for an interview date confirmation and how long is the interview from the date you are informed.

Many thanks,

LF

hantesp
4th Jun 2008, 14:49
I had the phone call in february and i'm scheduled for the interview on the 1st of July.....Anybody going on that date??

B-767
7th Jun 2008, 20:01
Netjets has made its seniority list and bidding policy valid since a couple of days now. So before you decide to go think twice, the next seniority number is somewhere close to 1000. The numbers actually in for a fleet change to the nice aircraft ie Falcon 2000 and upwards are the numbers 180 to 200 ( apparently very reliable source, maybe Smeagel.....) The percentage of those nice aircraft is arround 25% and will remain like this. The aim is to have about 100 of these shinny airplanes by 2016. If you count they need 5 captains per airplane (very optimistic as I think it is less) you have to be within the first 500 to have a shot at the nice jets. So 10+ years on a bravo/Beech 400/ citation are hawker750/800/4000 are now a reality and again the 10 years are optimistic as the average age of the captains is something like between 35 and 40...so think if this is what you realy want, especially the experienced airline guys like me and a lot of others who think(in my case thought) about joining....I by no means say that NJE is a bad company but having a lifetime waiting time for a command on a shinny bizjet makes the company comparable to any major airline except that you do not have the compensation of a major airline (free tickets, nice pension.....etc)
Not with me :=

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
7th Jun 2008, 23:44
So does that mean that if you join now with a lot of command hours you will have to wait until the "low hours"-pilots who joined shortly before you have their commands before you move back to the left seat? :confused:

south coast
8th Jun 2008, 00:10
No.

Command upgrade is worked out on when the individual meets the requirements and is deemed suitable.

So, if a 1500 hour guy joined ahead of a 3500 hour guy, the 3500 hour guy does not have to wait for his friend ahead of him to upgrade before he can.

But, when eventually they are both captains, the guy who joined first will be more senior even though he may have x thousand hours less than the second guy.

Does any of that make sense????

B-767
8th Jun 2008, 06:20
The same little bird that informed me about the seniority also told me if I joined now I would at least have to wait for a minimum of 12 months before haveing my seat back, probably even more, all depending on the type of airplane they give you....
Again, if you are prepared for this,then leaving a nice Boeing or Airbus with MAYBE a not so nice life might be the thing you are looking for and is flying a Brava for 10+ years at Netjets the right place and plane for you.
All the rest in my previous post has been confirmed to me by an insider this morning and it is not Smeagel...
I think I have said what needed to be said and that every body must now decide for himself.....

Have a nice sunday := := :=

redsnail
8th Jun 2008, 08:31
B-767,
I won't deny your little bird's whisperings but perhaps they've given you the worst case scenario?

Perusing my roster I am seeing guys getting upgraded within the year so it's not entirely true. The delivery schedule is causing a couple of head aches. What will happen tomorrow is any one's guess but if you join expecting to wait 12 months for an upgrade and it happens in 3 months, who's going to complain? If you join expecting to upgrade within 6 weeks and it takes 12 months, you'll be annoyed.

Within the new seniority list is a stepped progression that has yet to be implemented. That is, if you're on the small cabin, you wait 2 years (or 1,000hrs) before your seat lock is removed. Midsize is 3 years (or 1,500 hs) etc. However, if you're on the Bravo and you want eg the G5 and there's a a lot of guys in front of you, then you'll have to wait OR pick another type.

So this 10 years on the Bravo isn't exactly accurate. Also, once a captain, always a captain.

However, like any maturing company, progression does slow down.

Pax on the run
8th Jun 2008, 09:29
Hi you guys currently at NJ!

With regards seniority and command upgrades.

I understand the seniority system. However, once a successful command assessment has been completed, do you keep your place in the que when waiting for a command? Or can you expect to get overtaken in the que, by more senior pilots with less hours who have just completed their assessments?

This is how it works where I am now.

redsnail
8th Jun 2008, 09:38
The process is slightly different at NJE. You get recommended for upgrade based on your colleagues and line trainers comments as well as hours. Once you're on the course and you pass* you have a command position. No assessment and then wait for a course. (Our upgrade/command course is 5 days ground school followed by 4 sessions in the sim and then off for line training etc. This may change slightly in the future as our needs change)

If changing types there's the usual delay of the type rating/base check/line trainers compared to just having to wait for a line trainer if you're staying on the same type.

There's a spot for every one on your upgrade course.

That's how it's been and I don't think the seniority list will change that. The seniority list is primarily for fleet changes. (with some caveats)

* a fail isn't good. Not sure what's happening now but I *think* there's an management review followed by 6-12 month wait. Now they let you do a renewal with a line trainer to fix any problem areas. 2 strikes = no more chances unless extenuating circumstances.

Pax on the run
8th Jun 2008, 09:46
Thanks redsnail.

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
8th Jun 2008, 10:40
Speaking of command course: Is it true that the fail rate is quite high?

south coast
8th Jun 2008, 10:43
No, I dont believe it is. I heard around 70% pass rate, or maybe above.

redsnail
8th Jun 2008, 13:02
There was a patch last year where there was an unusually high fail rate at about 50%. This did cause quite a few head aches for the various Fleet Managers, Training department and for the candidates.

I believe it's now settled to the 70% pass rate South Coast said. :)

B-767
8th Jun 2008, 20:22
Dear Redsnail,

As I said before the only thing I do is passingon information that I got from a little bird that is reliable because he or she works there and I have seen the numbers that I used with my own eyes. To make it very simple 140 airplanes/1000 pilots= crew ratio of 3.5. My litlle bird flew 1/3 of the hrs it flew last year so 3 possibilities : overcrewed/too many airplanes are no work enough. Of those 140 airplanes about 40 are F2000 or upwards with about 160 crews on them= crew ratio 4. So the first 400 numbers in the seniority list will have a shot at one of these between now and 2016, which leaves the other 600 numbers ( and still hiring beyond)in the cold on a Bravo/H400/XL/XLS/H750/800/4000. If you join now will you remain on these airplanes for 10+ years. I would say the answer is definitrly yes and for sure rather optimistic than worst case as you say Redsbail.
I bet your number lies within the first 400 or maybe even a lot lower. As I already said, I by no means say Netjets is a bad company. I just wanted people having the intention to go there( like I had) having the same information that I got so that they can make a decision based on what they can expect if they join. The choice lies with the individual...For, as I already said :=:=:=:=:=

Have a nice sunday and enjoy whatever you are doing

Gabryand
9th Jun 2008, 17:38
hello, redsnail
does the 2 strikes option apply to brand new applications as well?
in other terms, how many times can a person attempt to join Netjets, if he/she fails the 2 days assessment process ( pretending to have passed the phone screening) ?
also, how long after the first attempt,can this person retry the selection process to join the Company?
thanks

anyone answering would be appreciated.

Deep and fast
9th Jun 2008, 19:26
Hi fellas, can anyone update me on the latest phone interview questions. Expecting mine any time now and my imagination is running riot as to what they will ask.

Thanks in advance

D and F:sad:

redsnail
10th Jun 2008, 11:58
B-767,
Fair enough, although you've expanded it from the Bravo. If you're used to large Boeings etc, it may be a shock. However, many guys are looking forward to the Hawker 4000 with a FA. :D

Gabryland,
The "2 strikes" pertains to FOs going for command upgrade. No idea about people trying to join.

Just about to get stuck into the ground school in recurrent... :zzz:

CGNPille
16th Jun 2008, 14:38
Hi everybody,

I am also looking for news concerning the selection process. Especially on the "new" procedure that NJ seems to have established. Anybody been there yet? Like D+F I am also waiting for my phone interview :)

Greetings,

CGNPille

Norman Goering
21st Jun 2008, 20:27
I had my phone interview a couple of weeks after applying, passed and was given an interview date for this summer.

Got an e-mail this week cancelling the interview and saying no more interviews this summer! Bummer.

Anyone "in the know" able to say what has changed? Is it just a case of NJE having filled their current vacancies?

redsnail
21st Jun 2008, 20:41
NG, it's not personal, a mate got the same email.

I believe it's because we're fully crewed for the time being. It's possible that when the aircraft deliveries start happening (eg the 7X) movement will happen again.

Deep and fast
21st Jun 2008, 22:33
Had my phone interview last week. Thought it went ok, but maybe I have missed the boat for the mean time. Bugger!!!

D and F :8

On standby
22nd Jun 2008, 10:18
I was in Moscow the other day with a Captain who joined in September and then spent 22 days as an FO before getting into the left seat.

It can take upto a year, or even longer, a lot depends on you.

Flintstone
22nd Jun 2008, 11:31
a lot depends on you.

Was he ex-RAF or Luftwaffe by any chance? ;)

rotorknight
22nd Jun 2008, 16:00
I joined in August and am happy to have FLOWN 22 days:ugh:

south coast
22nd Jun 2008, 20:16
Just goes to show you can never please a pilot.

The vast majority of the workforce in the world when asked what their ideal job is would say, a job that pays me to do nothing!

Enjoy it, its the best job ever....paid not to work!

ADFS
24th Jun 2008, 09:04
I recently gave up my long-haul job in search of executive type flying. I totally agree with B767. Netjets seems to me the company that best fills my desires and I am currently waiting for a date in Farnborough. I can easily accept the time it takes to the left seat as long as my quality of life is good to very good. I look forward to Netjets. Now, is it true hiring is on hold ?:ugh:

redsnail
24th Jun 2008, 10:53
It appears so from what my friends told me (they got the "sorry" email) and what appeared in Crew News.

ADFS
24th Jun 2008, 12:48
Oh well, guess I can expect the sorry e mail too, but I spoke just last week to C.F. and there was no mention of it.:=

redsnail
24th Jun 2008, 13:19
C.F. didn't know until mid to late last week.

CE550B
24th Jun 2008, 13:28
Ehr.... did I miss something in Crew News. (I know, pilots can't read :\)

redsnail
24th Jun 2008, 14:15
It was on email #2, EBACE, careers.

CE550B
24th Jun 2008, 15:17
Ah, thanks. I'll wait till we get the paper version. Good thing we stopped for a while. Hope to get some hours this year. (So far just 70h!). Guess they will push back some deliveries aswell then?

redsnail
24th Jun 2008, 15:43
I think the late deliveries is compounding the problem of people not leaving etc. I hope once they (the 4000, the 750 and the 7X) start turning up then movement will happen and vacancies appear.

However, I know what you mean, if you're an FO then you want to crack on and get some hours. :ok:

northern boy
24th Jun 2008, 15:49
Does this mean that those with start dates will also be told to go away?, I hope not since I have already resigned current position to start in August and I am sure thare are others in the same boat.:eek:

redsnail
24th Jun 2008, 15:59
I doubt it. It's easier to cancel interviews than it is to cancel an Indoc. :)

hantesp
24th Jun 2008, 16:09
Redsnail, what do you think about the next inteview section on th 1/2/3 july?? What should we expect???? :eek:

CE550B
24th Jun 2008, 16:58
Thanks redsnail! But I'm wearing the 4 bars for over 2 years now with Netjets :O! Still wouldn't mind some more flying though! Guess you're right, Lisbon thought a lot would have left by now. But he, guess its not a bad place here afterall!

redsnail
24th Jun 2008, 17:45
Oops sorry Bravo :O

hantesp, no idea, not in recruiting. Presumably, if they're interviewing there's positions available. What to expect has been done before. It's a bit of a search but it should all be available.

hantesp
24th Jun 2008, 19:29
Thanks radsnail....i was asking information just with reference to the "crewed" situation!

well...it will be even more challenging being interviewed now!!!
I'll try to die hard...anyway!
Thanks again!:ok:

spaniel
24th Jun 2008, 19:52
Recruiting is part of HR isn't it?? Just remind me again, which bright spark is in charge of that dept??:)

ADFS
25th Jun 2008, 17:06
I for one have just resigned flying the A 330 ( not that I´ll miss it ) long-haul, so yes, there are some of us out there that bet on Netjets, you better believe it.

Iver
25th Jun 2008, 20:43
ADFS,

Congrats on new job with Netjets Europe. For benefit of those of us who are applying, what about Netjets did you feel most appealing? What would make you consider leaving A330 position - QOL improvement, wages, upgrade time, etc.? I always find interesting what factors led to that type of decision. Any idea what type of aircraft you would fly at NJE?

Cheers

ADFS
26th Jun 2008, 10:36
Iver, there are a variety of reasons....mainly
my chronic fatigue due to mixed fleet flying ( 320/330 ) and time away from home, and I mean time a long way from home. Yes, its part of flying long-haul but after years constantly trying to recuperate my inner gyro to normal status, the chance to fly executive jets very much appeals to me and my family.
Netjets will allow me to have a better quality of life, Im 53, and I think theres a lot more to aviation besides flying the wide bodies of the world.
:ok:

Buttie Box
26th Jun 2008, 11:46
I have to agree with ADFS here, as I'm a -400 driver suffering from chronic fatigue. Add to that 1 landing a month if I'm lucky, 2 days off in between ULH patterns, spending at least £500 a month to get to and from work, flying 70% of the time at night and sleep patterns that would make any doctor cry "foul" and all of a sudden Netjets is where it's at.

I agree it's horses for courses but there's a line in the NJ blurb that says something along the lines of "discover why you liked flying". It's true. I'm presently getting my UK ATPL in order and should be applying in August sometime.

I like the idea of looking after people; I like the idea of staying current and proficient on something smaller; I like the idea of being trained 29 days a year instead of the 2 canned sim exercises I perform every 6 months, and I look forward to the fluid, ever-changing challenges that NJ provides.

My only worry is that is that even with 6000 hrs, I don't make command within a year because the 66% pay cut to join is going to hurt. However, I feel as if I'm dying in my current job and at 45 realise that this is your only go at life. No job is perfect but compared to what I'm doing at the moment it's my dream shot.

Hope to see you guys by the end of the year.

BB

fred_bgt
26th Jun 2008, 15:35
Hi Butty Box !
Am currently flying for NJ. You're right, life style is paramount above 40 yrs old with a family. And NJ does give you the opportunity to have a fair 6-5 roster. I also undergo the paycut in my FO salary which is not too bad in fact, but just inadequate for an experience and aged pilot who has a high-salary lifestyle ...
If I can just suggest something : get into NJ ASAP, because the more you wait, the worse is your seniority in the company to upgrade quickly.
Another good point in NJ :
Be confident, even with the fuel crisis : fuel price is not a problem, it doesn't affect NJ operations at all. We always cruise at max speed, and we don't have any restriction on the extra fuel. NJ makes profits on buying / selling aircraft, not on flying ... And you can fly something like 300hrs a year, NJ will still make profits !
Flyingwise, I love flying bizjets. Nice to fly, a lot of sectors in Europe (middle and small size fleet), we operate on ~800 airports in Europe, VIP contact with the owners, VIP terminal, big variety of destinations and airfields, and finally very nice spirit in the company (CRM).
You just have to put your 'ego' aside because you will never fly widebody jets again. However, if you think about them, there are just flying big bus ! Boring isn't it !... Just think about handling a F2000easy from
Cannes to a beautiful greek island and have a night somewhere in Greece in a 4star hotel... Not too bad ...
Good luck chaps !
;-)

request visual
26th Jun 2008, 16:35
Wow Fred! I am also in Netjets. I do enjoy flying for Netjets. The picture you paint is accurate up to a point however it disregards the negative aspects!
Regards,
RV

northern boy
26th Jun 2008, 16:44
Hi Butty box, I've packed in the 744 after many years for the same reasons except it costs me more like 6-700 pounds a month to get to work and up to 1000 for a standby month and it is getting more expensive and less convenient all the time. Plus I have to suffer the UK rail network which falls over every weekend and grinds to a total halt on bank holidays until the "improvements" finish sometime in 2400 or so. Will I miss it? , I might miss San Francisco but the rest of it, absolutely not. I will not miss being awake at 3.00 am halfway across the Hudson Bay, I will not miss crawling out of the bunk feeling like sh*t with another 7 hours to go, I will not miss the bloody Carribbean or even more bloody Florida 2 trips which are up to 10 hours in the winter with 2 crew just for a nightstop and most of all I will not miss having one day off then dragging my tired arse down to LGW to stay in the nasty Travelodge at my own expense and coughing up 15 quid to some thieving taxi driver to get me 1 mile to the airport in the morning because the hotel hoppa is always late and is full of horrible pikeys who stare at anyone in uniform like they are from a different planet. Forget the glamour of long haul, the loads are falling and as they get worse the companies will screw the crews as hard as they can. 6 or 7 transatlantics a month in your late forties/early 50's will ensure that you never collect your pension.

I'm sure that NJ has its faults and frustrations but the big difference I notice from talking to those I know in NJ is that they enjoy it for the most part whereas most of my current colleagues either want out or early retirement. I do reckon that having done the big jet stuff first is an advantage since you then know that size is not important and in fact lifestyle is everything as you get older. The biggest change will be not having to be responsible for commuting any more. That alone compensates for the salary drop both financially and in terms of stress levels. Maybe in a years time I will be up there with comrade Smeagel but I somehow think not. To be honest I'm rather looking forward to it and I have not felt that way for a long time.:E

BTW I was under the impression that upgrades were based on hours and ability rather than seniority number. I have 8000 hrs and was told at interview and also by mates within NJ that it should happen within 12 - 18 months.
The seniority is I understand applied to fleet changes. I am more than willing to be corrected viz the current slowdown.

Iver
26th Jun 2008, 17:04
Very good description Northern Boy. I can see how that would get old after awhile. Surprising that you developed such disdain for the Caribbean!

So, have you then applied to NJE and been hired?

northern boy
26th Jun 2008, 17:12
Yes, start in Aug. Still a hard decision to make but now it's been made I'm a lot happier.:}

3 or 4 nights in the Carribean with a good crew can be fun but 95% of them are nightstops and in one particular case with a 2 hour coach journey each way during which you loose the will to live. BTW have you ever been to Kingston?, leave the hotel and you risk being drilled full of holes. Wonderful. Personally I'd rather go to Cyprus or the good bit of Tenerife. plus it dosen't take 8-9 hours to get there, the foods's better and you don't get savaged by communist mosquitoes in the pay of greenpeace, specially trained to attack aircrew.

Apart from that its a great place, unless you run into Michael Winner in Barbados.:E

fred_bgt
26th Jun 2008, 17:18
Hi again,

I totally agree with you northern boy. We have 1 life, not more. Let's have a good lifestyle for the benefit of our family and our health ...
Just look at your children growing. You will have your days off, fully available for them ... (talking about middle and small size cabin).

Upgrade policy ?
It is currently changing. Seniority, compentency, and a bidding process are to be settled soon ... A lot of different improvements in NJ.

Hope you'll fly with us soon.

Wish you the best ...

cheers,
fred

northern boy
26th Jun 2008, 17:21
Fred, by upgrade do you mean promotion to Captain or changing to a different aircraft?

See you soon.

fred_bgt
26th Jun 2008, 17:27
Sorry,
I was confusing :
I was meaning changing fleet. (bidding process is based on seniority and current fleet you fly in, with a seat lock requirement).

Promotion to captain is a fleet manager/training dept issue. It depends on your experience, your hours, your competencies and of course the needs of NJ to have some new captains. That's why I told you it's important to get in ASAP. But no worries for you I think with your experience and age.

cheers

fred

edward england
26th Jun 2008, 20:16
A little off thread, but does anyone have the number for Chris Janaway, last seen with Netjets in Portugal. Please PM me - thanks:ok:

Iver
27th Jun 2008, 02:09
Congrats Northern Boy.

natops
29th Jun 2008, 13:20
check pm Mr. England about CJ

edward england
29th Jun 2008, 15:54
natops - thank you kindly

No RYR for me
1st Jul 2008, 08:31
Buttie Box, that was exact my consideration: less fatigue and looking after people more.

However I do get the occaisional "big is beautiful" feeling when number 6 in line for take off and you are the smallest :\

But I go to more nice places in a tour than they in a year, because they cannot get in :D

One thing you will love or hate, there is no in between, are the last minutes changes. You never know where you end up in the evening, specially on the busy days. :cool:

cskafan123
1st Jul 2008, 16:40
Do u guys know if Netjets has hired someone with license other than JAA?
I'm wondering whether my Bulgarian CPL(A) with ATPL theory could be acceptable?
I'm asking u this ,because I 'm having a hard time getting in touch with someone from the recruitment office. :ugh:

Thanks
cskafan

redsnail
1st Jul 2008, 17:04
The recruitment team's probably doing some interviews at the moment.

As far as I am aware, (line pilot here), you need a license from a JAA country. No idea if the Bulgarian one is JAA or not.

stepw59
1st Jul 2008, 18:43
I've been reading all the great things being said about NJ and NJ europe. I'm looking at retiring in 14 months from a U.S. Fed job and would like to fly for NJ Europe.
Need some information. Have an ATP and wanting to get my JAA. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to go; office and/or point of contact?
Thanks,
stepw59

ADFS
1st Jul 2008, 19:27
Am still wondering if hiring is still taking place.....thanks

People wonder why we moderators delete spurious posts? Only TWO PAGES ago this very question was answered :rolleyes:

Duck

ADFS
2nd Jul 2008, 15:31
excuse me sir, but if i asked again its because i did not have a clear confirmed answer. a little bit more of respect is due, thank you

ADFS
2nd Jul 2008, 15:40
in fact, Duck, go to page 83 and tell me where there is a definite answer. in the meantime, yes, hiring is on-going. sorry i asked. again.
:ok:

redsnail
2nd Jul 2008, 15:58
ADFS,

On page 82 I said that interviews have been postponed. The recruitment team is doing the interviews that were planned for July. The August + interviews have been postponed until??. This I got from mates who were down for August but got the "delay" email.

stepw59

Do you have the right to live and work in a European country? That's your first question. After that, head on over to the UK CAA's LASOR (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=1591) and spend your time reading the ATPL section. Roughly speaking a FAR 25 aircraft is equivalent to a JAR 25 aircraft.

Good luck..

Duck Rogers
2nd Jul 2008, 17:11
ADFS

I believe redsnail has pointed you (and others) in the right direction. Again.

ADFS
3rd Jul 2008, 11:53
well, when i get the e-mail then i will know i guess. thanx redsnail, thanx duck, i reckon im in the same situation as many others; left my job when i probably should have waited.....in 28 years of flying this is my 2nd time on the dole, after 9 companies of which 4 went bankrupt...yeee gads:ugh:

Deep and fast
3rd Jul 2008, 12:18
ADFS
Why did you hand in notice before you had inteview and start date? Very foolish in todays climate

D and F:8

ps why did you delete my last post duck. pm me please

ADFS
3rd Jul 2008, 16:47
Foolish is right. I humbly admit i didn´t foresee the circumstances.

Duck Rogers
3rd Jul 2008, 17:31
ps why did you delete my last post duck. pm me please

I didn't. Looked back as far as page 79 and there are no posts of yours deleted.

ADFS
3rd Jul 2008, 19:02
In fact, I should say, my reasons are on page 82 or 83 I believe. Careful, Duck is watching, hahahaha:ok:

Deep and fast
3rd Jul 2008, 19:44
Sorry Duck I posted last night last and it was there and now gone. I assume it was you sorry.

D and F:8

Duck Rogers
3rd Jul 2008, 21:29
No worries. No idea where your post might have gone either. Even if another mod had deleted it I should still have been able to see it.

doublestrobe
5th Jul 2008, 06:42
When I was passing through a couple of ports recently I couldn't help but notice the (USA) Netjets boys and girls being what appeared to be the most miserable bunch of bored people I've so far seen! Observers comment...:ouch:

Piripi
6th Jul 2008, 20:14
Hello European mates.

Just applied to Netjets a couple of days ago, and I just saw the stop hiring-interviews for the summer. I have around 1750TT with 350 or so on the Embraer 145. We are getting furlough in september. I have FAA and JAA Frozen ATPL, but my JAA has been expired for 3 or 4 years, all the time I have been away really. Do you guys think this would be a problem. Just wondering if i should go this month or next while I can still fly for free to Europe with travel benefits, and renew my licence. Or If Netjets would not care, assuming I can renew it quickly.

Salutes from the west coast.

Cheers

Piripi
6th Jul 2008, 20:17
Do you get to choose your base??

FliegerTiger
7th Jul 2008, 07:54
:rolleyes: I'd advise you to take cover....

:ugh:

scambuster
7th Jul 2008, 07:58
i heard a rumour that flights are down. sales are down, therefore no hiring until at least next year. :E

No RYR for me
7th Jul 2008, 08:31
This is the NetJets Europe topic isnt it, so what has the hiring in the US to do with this? :rolleyes:

Re-base. There are no bases there are gateways and you choose where you want to live. On the start of your tour you show up at your gateway, airline to the a/c and 6 days latter your airline back. The beauty being you can change gateways as you go along so to Nice in the summer and Zurich in the winter etc :ok:

CE550B
7th Jul 2008, 08:40
@Piripi, before the rest starts chewing up your....., let me say that most of this info can be found in this thread.

But to get you on your way: you DO need a valid JAA (f)ATPL to apply (Look here: Careers (http://www.netjetseurope.com/data/eng/popup_careers.html)). This will also answer your Q regarding our gateway system (we call 'm gateways, not bases).

But........hiring has stopt for now. :{

natops
7th Jul 2008, 09:14
Confirmed last week, the interviews done the rest of the year will be for indocs in 2009. All the pilots who were needed for 2008 have been hired.

Interviews are still going on though!

Have a good one
N:ok:

mikehammer
7th Jul 2008, 19:58
I know someone who was interviewed recently. They were told that earliest courses would be later this year or early next.

In reply to the above comment about netjets pilots being miserable, well I had dinner with two of their pilots recently, friends of the same friend, and they didn't have a bad word to say. It seemed like a very well thought through system from blackberry the night before to flight the next morning.

Sounds good to me...when I have the hours, which'll be a while yet!

jhortamaul
7th Jul 2008, 22:13
Hi all, I have been monitoring this thread for the past year on a regular basis while converting my FAA Licenses to JAA. So, I just finished up all 14 ATPL exams:bored: and start the IR next week:} and should be ready to apply within a month or so, which leads to my questions. Should I apply now? And, does anybody have any idea of Netjets "firm orders" for aircraft in the next couple of years as this might help gage the hiring for next year? :ok:

Piripi
7th Jul 2008, 22:54
You guys are aggresive. No worries.

I do have JAA, Just need to renew it. From now on I will call them gateways to be in tone with forum. I have read most of the 80some pages. I just wanted to know if it needs to be current JAA, or if expired is good enough for interview, on condition of renewing right after.

Thank you

SayMach#
8th Jul 2008, 07:52
Hi Piripi,
everything you need to know is on the NJ website. Yes, you need a full ATPL or CPL frozen, 1500h, unrestricted travel rights and an European Passport!

natops
8th Jul 2008, 17:27
And a strong liver...

JB007
9th Jul 2008, 06:26
How many hours a year are you guys flying at NJE?

redsnail
9th Jul 2008, 06:55
Depends on your fleet. (Hawker 800XPC)

For me, I am (was) doing ~400 hours a year. (Been in the Office a bit recently). However, we realistically only available to fly ~165 days a year after leave, recurrent and GRT is taken out.

JB007
9th Jul 2008, 07:22
Thanks - 400 is a good healthy amount...thought it would be less than that!

Mark of Zorro
9th Jul 2008, 09:37
JB007, come along & play - you get a free sword & mask (in-company joke!! ;) )

Flight hours vary slightly from fleet to fleet - don´t forget that duty hours will be higher - say 2 hour flight with pax, wait around 4 hours, fly same pax back to original airport. That is a 10 hour duty day.

wind check
9th Jul 2008, 11:02
1) when do you get to know the destinations you are flying to? does the company tell you the day/night before the actual departure?

2) what is the take home salary for a first officer? is 4500€/month take home a realistic amount? what about captains?

3) when you do long haul flight, how long do you stay at the hotel? do you have enough time to enjoy the city?

thank you for your answers.

Mark of Zorro
9th Jul 2008, 12:23
1) Normally evening before via Blackberry - but plan may (= will) change sometimes - such as airline Day 1, get off commercial aircraft 4 hours later, new briefing arrives.

2) Your country + tax situation? FO basic salary = €56.500 = €4708 monthly, no deductions. Guess at 30% to take away (25% + 5% social security payments) = €3295. Add per diems (tax-free maybe?) guess at 15 days each month = 15 x €70 = €1050. So, about €3295 + €1050 = €4345. Captain basic salary = €95.000. Play with the numbers. ;)

3) Impossible to say - is it airport hotel or in city? Time from airport to hotel? Minimum rest or waiting for same pax on return flight 2 days later? Best answer is "yes, sometimes you can be a tourist."

JB007
9th Jul 2008, 12:39
come along & play - you get a free sword & mask

Hence the Mark of Zorro I presume?! As long as it's not in a Max Mosley kind of way...http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-009.gif

I may venture to your next UK roadshow...

falconbis
10th Jul 2008, 07:12
beside wannabes or beginners,do you know if any pilots with decent experiences applied ? because I have been flying only with low time for more than a year now and we need fast track to captains seat !!!!

falconbis
10th Jul 2008, 07:19
for the long haul...its Minimum rest most of the time, 2 local night when over 6 times zones or 14 hours when you do the carrebean flights. an example medium haul London Dubai night flight land at 0800 local go again at 0200 localnext day ferry somewhere where the airplane is needed !

C-130 SCORPION
10th Jul 2008, 21:19
Hi everybody. After thinking a lot about applying to Netjets, I finally did it.
As you guys said, it seems that they´re not recruting right now. Quote:"Please note that we are not currently interviewing for pilot positions". That´s a part of the automatic response message they send you after applying.
May be next year, that would be great for me. Will see.
Good luck.:ok:

Holycow
11th Jul 2008, 09:42
Hi guys, on the telephone interview, is it just the basic stuff or some tricky questions might be expected ? Thanks

Volorovescio
11th Jul 2008, 12:09
Does anyone know when they will start to hire again?

Volorovescio
11th Jul 2008, 12:13
Please note that we are not currently interviewing for pilot positions

Does the message say if you have to send the application again or just wait?

C-130 SCORPION
11th Jul 2008, 14:44
The message says:
"Should we require more information we will contact you and it is, therefore, not necessary to phone the Recruitment department in respect of your application. Please note that we are not currently interviewing for pilot positions".

That´s all folks.

natops
11th Jul 2008, 15:24
ref mark of zorro his calculation of a FO salary: the tax is 20%+5%.

changed from 25% towards 20% in january08,
everybit helps!

CL300
11th Jul 2008, 15:30
the 20% is treu however you cannot really quote National Insurance as a fix percentage, if 5% is correct for captain it is slightly higher for FO and FA since they have a lower salary, i would reckon it is around 7%.

Nothing the company can do , UK rules....

tuaathan
12th Jul 2008, 05:57
Hi Folks. Got an INDOC date for later this year :ok:and will probably need to nominate LHR as my Gateway. Could anybody out there reading this, who also has LHR as their Gateway, give me some gen please. Info like;

How far from M4 Junction to car parking? (I appreciate traffic will change, but on average)

How long from car park to office/aircraft? Whichever you go to in the first instance.

If it is from car park to some sort of office, how far/long from there to the a/c?

Do you normally opearate out of somewhere like LHR or pax to a/c somewhere else?

Any info anyone has will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

smallfry
12th Jul 2008, 14:31
I heard that NetJets has established a valet car parking facility at LHR. You just go to The Office, near to the terminals, and hand over the keys to Alphonse, :p the company driver.

If your a/c is not actually at LHR, the company will send a B400 or C550 to get to where you need to be.

All of this is explained in previous pages.
:cool:

Enjoy the indoc. :ok:

:}

I am sorry, but I couldn't resist. I will try to spell it out -

If your gateway is Heathrow, you can get a parking pass for Parking Express, on the East side of the airport, ie, the opposite side to T5. This will be charged to you by NJ.

Then you get the shuttle bus to the terminals- if you are flying out of LHR, or a vehicle will pick you up from the car park, and take you to where you are needed, for example Farnborough or Luton.

NetJets does not have any office in LHR. If you are operating out of LHR you will go to Signature, near T4.

It can take upto an hour from the Car Park to T5.

It can take you up to an hour from M4 Jct 4 to the park (if there is holiday traffic / strikes/ etc...)

Most of this will be explained to you at your indoc, and most people seem to manage.

tuaathan
12th Jul 2008, 16:54
Smallfry,

Thanks for that. I trust the whit and repartee was just that and sarcasm was high on the list as I can't remember seeing any Q's or A's on this thread about using LHR, which is why I asked the question. Anyhow, the way you paint it, it seems that you really can't live any further away than J4 on the M4 when on standby.

I'm not totally au fait with LHR layout and take it that from parking to Terms 1, 2 & 3 isn't too far (distance or time) and how about Term 4? Perhaps I will move and take Birmingham or somewhere else.

I'm very sad that Alphonse isn't real. He was the main reason to choose LHR!!!

Mark of Zorro
12th Jul 2008, 17:08
You will park at Parking Express (or Purple Parking until you get your staff pass - ask for aircrew discount code for Purple Parking).

Parking Express to T1/2/3/4 = shuttle bus = 15 - 25 minutes depending on time of day.

Parking Express to T5, best plan = shuttle bus to T3, then train to T5 = 30 - 45 minutes if transfer timings perfect. Allow up to one hour to be sure.

smallfry
12th Jul 2008, 18:59
You are very seldom on 'standby' in the sense that you will be scrambled from home to rush to Heathrow. You generally get a brief the evening before your tour starts, and it gives you the airline / transport details. From this you really have to use your common sense on how long you need to get yourself to the airport.
Some of the crew live on the other side of the country, and just get up early!
Bristol, Oxford, Wiltshire... crews all over use LHR.

It is really only two or three times a month that you will face this.

tuaathan
13th Jul 2008, 04:52
Smallfry,

That sounds a bit more cheery. It was for the standby days that I was moderately worried about time to parking etc, as I had heard that there is more standby around now than a couple of years ago. Anyhow, I'm sure I can manage, just like everybody else. Roll on INDOC. Thanks for the info.:):)

tuaathan
13th Jul 2008, 14:05
Mark of Zorro,

Just realised that I didn't thank you for your info, sorry, but thanks. How do you commute from California then???? As I said to smallfry, the Q was to cover standbys, as of course for the rest of the time you just sort out your timing, no problem. Anyhow, thanks it was helpful. Cheers

tuaathan
15th Jul 2008, 07:54
Is it likely to do standby for a whole tour or is it normally for only a day or so at the beginning of the tour? I take it that standbys only come up maybe once a month or even less.

the_bookkeeper
15th Jul 2008, 14:52
I already did standby for a whole week, but this time, I have standby today, and I am going out flying tomorrow.
So, im my eyes, it is always a little surprise.

mikepops
16th Jul 2008, 15:26
Could anyone please tell me what the approximate time to command is in Netjets, how long is an FO likely to have to wait for a left hand seat assessment? What are the Capt experience requirements?

Also, what types can one hope to operate from Birmingham?

Anyone based in Birmingham? what's the typical roster/operation like? Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Mike

(Or I could read this http://www.pprune.org/forums/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/335104-search-before-posting.html ) ;)

blueskybird
16th Jul 2008, 16:01
Just a quick question. Im really interested in NJE, would there be any chance of transfering across the pond to NJ USA perhaps further down the line?
Reckon it would be great to get the experience of flying in Europe and then the States as well.

Cheers :ok::ok:

CE550B
16th Jul 2008, 17:53
@ mikepops, all this info is available at a click of a mouse.:rolleyes: But quick, TTC, depends on your prev experience, min 3000h, Type and roster not Gateway dependend. (iow all the same)

@blueskybird, No, we're completely seperate companies. Would be nice though an exchange for a couple of month!

Pax on the run
17th Jul 2008, 13:43
Has anyone recieved a call regarding the interviews that took place on the 1st & 2nd July at Farnborough yet?

Still waiting here. :eek:

All the best.

No RYR for me
4th Aug 2008, 07:53
@blue sky

Agree with CE550, they are two complete seperate companies, so no change.... :8

Buttie Box
4th Aug 2008, 08:43
Hi guys,

The thread seems to have gone quiet over the past few weeks. I'm ULH -400s at the moment very seriously considering jumping ship and Netjets really sounds like where I'd fit in. However, are NJE still recruiting? What's the story with the new aircraft order? Anyone with a recent copy of the ever-shifting "big picture" please provide an insight. Many thanks,

All the best

jj

redsnail
4th Aug 2008, 10:31
Recruitment on hold at the moment. My sources say November is when they'll begin interviews again. I think CVs are being accepted though.

Aircraft orders haven't changed although the deliveries haven't turned up this year as "promised" by the manufacturer. Should be a different story next year when the 4000's and the 7X's pitch up. 750's being delivered at last...

Buttie Box, bear in mind you may swap your -400 for an entirely different 400 altogether. If you can accept a possibility of no APU, no FA and no long haul and be an FO for a while*, you'll be fine. :ok:

* could be any where from a few months but more likely 12 months. It's performance and needs based.

Damianik
4th Aug 2008, 15:42
I always like reddy's posts, and i would like to ask a question in the flow of the swapping 400s...i am about to swap my 800 for another 800 or maybe F or C dont know...but is that a chance further down my life to change back into the my old 800 or any similar heavy metal if u know what i mean? for now i love the idea of NJE but my biggest concern is, with this economical situation, how cleaver it is to leave a B for a H or a C and what if i wanna go back? All that said, command isnt an issue because it would be plus or minus at the same time both companies due to my 2000 hours TT now.
I always appreciate your opinions, and anyone elses in this forum!
thanks
D.

redsnail
4th Aug 2008, 17:18
Swapping 800s? (I like the one with the H in front, B? Nahhh :E )

As with any company, you haven't got a gun pointing at you so you can do what you like. Within reason of course. I wouldn't go lofting two fingers at my employers and expect them to welcome me back with open arms 6 months later. With B time and bizjet time, you never know, you might be "just right" for a BBJ operation etc. Gotta be in it to win it.

NJE is a pretty big company now, I think it's ranked 5th in Europe. easyJet's in front of it at the mo. While that doesn't confer any protection from going broke, my sources in the Office are pretty confident that we won't lose money this year. That pleases me and my bank card! Sure, the growth rate won't be like it has been but (at this stage) there's no sign of redundancies etc.

From what I can gather, most of the bigger bizjet companies are still expanding and hiring.

Anonymus6
4th Aug 2008, 23:32
Hi there,

Just a little bit off the subject, but can someone that works for netjet tell me why netjet (europe) don't accept JAA license issued by Spain (CAA)? is it true or just rumours I heard!!!

Thanks for your time,

redsnail
4th Aug 2008, 23:39
No idea about that one. It may be that if you have a Spanish issued JAA lic you'll be asked to get a UK one simply because there may be problems getting your LPC/OPCs signed off by FSI.

We do have Spanish pilots flying for NJE.

PPRuNeUser0215
5th Aug 2008, 09:35
I am pretty sure NJE accepts all JAA licences but if they ask you to change it it is to ease the admin work and reduce the time to do it when going for type ratings, renewals etc... NJE will hire you on the basis of your Spanish licence but if they feel it could be a good idea for you to get a UK one, they will tell you and pay all the costs.
That will include licence fee and an airline ticket to LGW so you can drop off and pick up your licence.
I am not sure about Spain but France, Italy can be real pains to get the type rating put on it. Weeks if not months... In the UK, you will drop it off at the CAA in the morning before 11 and pick it up by 1500. In my case, I wouldn't go for the french system as anything to do with French admins drives me crazy.

When you go to the interview, it is very likely that the HR person will explain that to you. It won't be a surprise when you join NJE so you will have time to think about whether or not changing your licence against getting a job at NJE, is a wortwhile option.

Anonymus6
5th Aug 2008, 11:46
just wanted to say thanks for the info, as I said earlyer on my post,,it is just rumors I heard. It wouldn't make any sense if they didn't take anyone with a spanish license since it is JAA.

Good luck guys

redsnail
5th Aug 2008, 12:41
anything to do with French admins drives me crazy.

Thanks mate, just spat tea all over my keyboard! Love the irony. :ok:

Turbine1
12th Aug 2008, 08:41
Question for AMEX, should a relatively comfortable SFO within a established airline within the UK think of joining NJ in this present economical climate? or should he just sit tight and continue with the Night DLM for the rest of his career.
as a side thought thinking of moving to the Cheese country for the kids. just
weighing up the options.

regards :ok:

JB007
12th Aug 2008, 09:14
Turbine1

Interesting times. If you do a very simple search of the 'tinterweb both Gulfstream and Bombardier are reporting backlog orders of 3 to 4 years of production. I would suspect Dassualt and Cessna are the same...

This sector is just booming...food for thought...who knows where the UK charter market is going, or what the airline will be called in 5 years from now...

KUMOOZ
12th Aug 2008, 10:28
Well, I see your dilemma about jobwise and what is best for the kids.

On the kids front, raising them just about anywhere outside of the U.K is a no brainer! Go into any large town on a saturday night (if you dare) if you need convincing.

On the job front, do your homework, decide what you want from your career and speak to your family. I made my decision a few months back.
I agonised over my big shiny 767 and airline lifestyle versus corporate and bug smashers. There were lots of plusses and minuses for both. I need to get another ten years out of flying before I hang my hat up so job security is important to me as well.
It really was a finely balanced argument until my Doris said what would you rather 'drive', A London bus or a racing car?
That did it for me, lets go smash some bugs and be employed by the richest man on the planet.....no brainer for me now!

Good luck.

Turbine1
12th Aug 2008, 11:12
Interesting times indeed, thanks for the replies guys, the way the charter market is going and the way i see it is for a reduction in airframes and the reduction in holidays that are currently available today. which begs the question is the package holiday a dead duck, others above my pay grade would argue the opposite.

the only reservation i have regarding the live style is the time away from home with current roster that NJ are employing, i have been told by her indoors that it would be unworkable, any guys have experience with this?

cheers

JB007
12th Aug 2008, 11:20
...and i'm doing a night DLM later this week!http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/traurig/sad-smiley-009.gif

Also if you use a certain new aircraft register based on an island in the Irish Sea with tax benefits for corporate aircraft as an example; they wanted 10 aircraft in their first year, this register will be 2 years old in May 2009 and will have over 100 registered corporate aircraft, mostly new airframes...

keepin it in trim
12th Aug 2008, 20:49
the roster, as has been said before, is 6 days on, 5 off. you travel on days 1 and 6. your 5 off are exactly that, standby days are rostered as part of your 6 on. sometimes you might spend a whole tour on standby at home. Add in 22 days vacation, which is offset against duty days and you should see 178 actual days available for work.

What I am saying here is that you can certainly achieve a good work life balance. yes, your 6 on are away from home, so that is 5 nights away as a block. you have no idea where those 5 nights will be spent, just that it almost definitely will not be at your gateway. if that is a problem for you, then this is not the job for you (not being nasty, just honest).

If you and your family can handle that roster you will get, lots of free time in blocks of 5 days, to fly some very nice little (and not so little) aircraft, to work with a great bunch of colleagues from across europe, and visit a variety of places that an airline roster would never take you to.

No it is not perfect, however, I am pretty happy here, and have seen improvements in the package and the way the company does business year on year. Yes there are things that I would like to change but these are not show stoppers. One thing, the company is getting very big now, approx 1100 pilots and 150+ aircraft, a seniority system is now in place, i hear that new joiners, with the right experience, are being told to expect 2 years+ to command, rather than the previous 6 months. Again if this is a deal breaker don't come, it will only frustrate you, on the other hand, how many airlines offer the chance of command that quickly.

The operation is very different to airline, if you like to think on your feet and be pro-active you will probably enjoy it. It is horses for courses though. Have a good one:)

PPRuNeUser0215
13th Aug 2008, 00:40
Turbine1

Keep it in trim as a good answer and only you + Co can tell about the 5 nights away. If you can weigh up the pros and cons in a very fair manner (NJE is all about lifestyle) then you should be able to decide.
Works out top for me but then again I am not quite in the same situation as yours... Still I get so much out of it that I would not consider going to where I was before or where you are now.
NJE isn't perfect but here's what I really like.
Routes, Colleagues, Airline like SOPs (are improving and need more improvements but the will is there), money Vs what I would have to do to get the same to live in the same place, roster (Super stable) and 6 months at home every year, the aircraft I will get to fly, the seniority list in place, the gateway system, the freedom on tours, opportunities to get involved in other things than line flying, ....

What I don't like.
Flight Safety Training... No airline of a significant reputation would ever think it is of a high standard.
Lack of clear payscale progression. Some parts of the "Ops departments" and without going into details, it ain't all perfect and some aspect can be frustrating. Now do I believe the company is looking at it and do I believe things will get better ? Yep, I do. Just like things have changed since I have joined.
Pension ? Well, I am told it is now imminent unless the National authority meant to validate it keeps dragging its feet, therefore standing a chance to lose quite a lot.
Then some minor points, all line pilots (just like in any airlines), like to moan about when enjoying dinner in Rome, Alexandria, Le Bourget or wherever else I might be that night.

Do I think, there is something for you in NJE ? I do but you must be very clear about why you want to leave your present outfit. No BS, unrealistic expectations (upgrades weeks after Indoc don't happen anymore), clear goals you have set yoursleves (ie me, it was sea, sun and an enjoyable flying job).
Do I think it's the right time ? Well, we have now a seniority list so like in any airline, the earlier you get on it, the better.

Anyway, mate, I am back soon so for a few glasses of Bordeaux, I should be able to speak to you this week end.

PS: DLM is like AGP with previous employer... Got really bored with it but now that I have been there a few times and spent anything between, 2 hours to 2 days, I actually enjoy the destination.

Kilo-club SNA
13th Aug 2008, 18:49
Just out of curiosity. most NJ pilots speak of the challanging flying and interesting night stops, so when you have a night stop or a few days/day on sby downroute, what kind of conditions is it on? sitting at the airport for the day or roam free around the area? As I said, a bit of the thread but I can't help but wonder

redsnail
13th Aug 2008, 19:35
As with most answers with NJE, "it depends".

At the more "popular" airports, there's the wonderful "hot spare" or other wise known in the airline world "airport standby". You need to be at the airport with the aeroplane prep'd and fueled for a quick-ish departure. You stay in the FBO or somewhere similar.

You can do hotel standby and you just need to be able to get going within the prescribed times. So you can wander around the town but you need to be contactable with the Stressberry.

Other than that, depending on where you are and what time your show is the next day, you can go "into town" or have an explore. It just depends on where you are, how keen you are and how early you get in or your next day's show is.

Taxi2parking
13th Aug 2008, 19:48
...although apparently one crew did believe that it is possible to take a cruise on Lake Geneva when on standby. Apparently there was some initial panic when the phone went. This was however quickly resolved by a quick chat - one captain to another - and the Boat's Captain pulled in to let them off.....:D

fdsajkl
13th Aug 2008, 22:00
Kilo Club,

Early on in my career, I used to fly part 135 charter in a navajo- I was on call 24/7.

I loved it, but A) I made a pittance, and B) it would not work for family life.

NJE is not like that. I have been here for just over a year now. In that time, I have been assigned 1 day "hot spare." Since January, I have had 22 days home standby, which do not count towards my vacation time.

We operate to airline duty times, so when Im on tour, during my time off, I'm OFF!! i.e. Cant be called in, even as a "favour". My 5 days off between tours are completly mine. The company does not know I exist.

We have 43 gateways in Europe, which you can change with 3 days notice. On my 5 days off, last summer I toured Italy, sans airfare.

I got my command after 11 months in the rhs. (this is going to increase) but I needed every minute in the rhs, in order to learn this operation.

I flew for Manx Airlines on the 41, then went to the 145. We were taken over by BA, and it was a disaster. 8 yrs in the rhs, 7000 hours total time, been flying 25 yrs. So I'm no dummy.

NJE is a breath of fresh air. The airplanes are immaculate. The flying is awesome. Last tour I did an Oceanic leg from Iceland to a 5.5 slope hand flown ILS into LCY. Great night out in London, then to Ibiza- went to Cafe del Mar just in time for sunset, then to Kiev. Those Ukraine girls really knock me out, I think someone once said, and with good reason! And there was also Lisbon, Gerona and Cannes as well.

My colleagues are amazing. The depth and breadth of their knowledge is astounding, plus we have to live with each other for 6 days at a time. Every guy/ girl I have met on the line has been so easy to get along with... great fun.

My advice (take it or leave it)... If you like to fly and you are good at it, and you like to go to cool places and hang out with great guys/ gals, send your CV to Carmen.

And more airplanes are on order. I think it was a billion dollars worth. All paid for in advance.

See you around.

redsnail
14th Aug 2008, 09:50
And when in Kiev, remember the map. :E Or was it the Ukraine girls who knocked out your sense of direction? :D

northern boy
16th Aug 2008, 11:01
Anyone joining now needs to realise that the days of the upgrade after 6 months are over for the time being and with the new bidding system probably for good.
The high hours = small cabin fleet, low hours = large cabin fleet is also gone, which means with LH experience you may well end up on the Falcon/Gulfstream which may or may not be a bonus depending on how you are placed and how you feel about longhaul. Both are doing a mix of LH/SH which is a change from the usual airline model so if you are going to wait 18 months to 2 years for an upgrade you might as well spend it trundling around the world and flying home business class. I was a little suprised when I found out my fleet assignment but I'm happy enough to do it even though I was hoping for something with a bit less range. Remember that whatever you are assigned to initially its not forever. On the plus side, recruitment and orders are continuing and providing the economy upturns at some point there could be over 2000 pilots in the next few years. As has been pointed out you can also get involved in other things straight away unlike my previous outfit where you had to be a captain to use the toilets without permission. Be realistic in expectations and this is a good place to be.

Iver
17th Aug 2008, 21:35
Great post NB. While you may fly the occasional long-haul flight at least you will now have some shorter-haul sectors thrown in the mix. Who knows, maybe during the cold winter you will look forward to more sunshine and beach time and your aircraft type will provide that...

Can anyone update on the "projected" arrival of the first Falcon 7X in NJE colours? I realise there have been delays. Any expected in 2008? What about delivery rates for 2009? I look forward to seeing one of those on the ramp.

SX737
18th Aug 2008, 15:30
Hi all!

Just sent an email to netjets flight department asking them on whether they will accept Athens as my gateway airport. I know it is not listed on their site but doesn t harm to ask. Any thoughts form anyone at netjets? Is that possible?

You had this answered in the other thread. Please refrain from spamming with the same question in multiple posts.

Duck.

ADFS
20th Aug 2008, 18:41
I received an e mail from Lisbon to let me know recruiting has been suspended...about a month and a half ago...:hmm:

beij
23rd Aug 2008, 14:15
I was studying this thread for a while but nothing about the actual interview. Can anybody tell me something about their recent experience. Is it only an interview or a grading as well.
Thanks for the info so far..:ok:

natops
5th Sep 2008, 07:28
anybody out here?