PDA

View Full Version : Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

adam firth
13th Apr 2007, 08:02
No: -You do Pilotrosa.:{

For any of you already waiting for Netjets indoc goto jet blasters.com, (no space between jet & blasters but it is censored on this site!!!), then contact Gemini, (our moderators). You can then join in the debate & learn more about what's going on from the Aircrew point of view as an insider.

There are 10% of Aircrew already IPA members & we are aiming to create our own Aircrew Association; -NEPA (Netjets Europe Pilots Association). We have a core group of experienced Netjets Aircrew who believe in this company & who wish to help improve the working conditions for both Aircrew & Middle Management.

To join the IPA call 00 44 (0)1444 441 149 & indicate that you are Netjets staff wishing to form NEPA once we have collective representation.

swampthing
13th Apr 2007, 09:05
I noticed that it was said that 10% of the Netjets crew already belong to the IPA.. I belong to Balpa, and have been for some time... is there a differance.. I am starting with Netjets very soon and some info would be appreciated. :rolleyes:

adam firth
13th Apr 2007, 11:19
We took the plunge for the IPA. It was felt that BALPA couldn't/wouldn't be as helpful to us.

The advice is to join the IPA, it is cheaper than BALPA, provides Legal Insurance & they will cooperate to assist us in the creation of NEPA as a representative body of Netjets Aircrew once we have enough members to hold a vote.

The 10% allows us to force recognition, but I see little point as we will all benifit far more from a mutual agreement with Netjets management for volunty recognition. It is important to maintain respectful dialogue & keep in mind the common aim of enhancing this enterprise through promotion of better communication & understanding of each others needs.

CMN
16th Apr 2007, 13:22
I did the phone interview 10 days ago, and got invited to Le Bourget on May 2nd.
I still haven't recieved any email confirming this together with assesment details. How long does it normally take ? I want to book tickets to be sure to get there....

Cheers,

rotorknight
16th Apr 2007, 14:05
Hi CMN,

I would just book the tickets.
Can't remember exactly how long it took but you'll be in France on the 2nd of May(I think it took almost 3 weeks before I got the conformation)
I will start on the 13th of August and am very much looking forward too it.

Good Luck.

Tigerzet
16th Apr 2007, 15:18
Hi just book the ticket the will send you confirmation any day, like 5-6 days
before...
good luck

i will start the 20 of aug..

redsnail
16th Apr 2007, 15:44
For those who are contacting Gemini about joining the Netjets private forum on Jet blasters only those with a start (ie Indoc) date or current Netjets Europe employees can join.

cheers

CMN
16th Apr 2007, 16:18
I'm flying down there on the 1st, and undertake interviews and sim. on the 2nd. early morning. NJE will provide me with a hotel I was told on the phone.

Will book tickets now...

Hope to see you in NJE.

Bonzoboy
17th Apr 2007, 02:33
Hi. Can anyone help here please.......I had the assessment day on 2nd April at Farnborough. Has anyone who attended that day had any sort of reply from NetJets as to whether they have been successful? They say two weeks but that has now passed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.:rolleyes:

fred_bgt
17th Apr 2007, 08:14
Hi !

Anyone at INDOC on JUne out here ?
Glad to know a bit more about you guys before INDOC course...

fred

Coolflyer
17th Apr 2007, 09:39
Hello Fred

Did you fly for AAI?

keepin it in trim
17th Apr 2007, 13:22
Bonzoboy, check with your referees to see if they have been contacted and sent their replies back to the company. Recruitment will not usually send out the offer and call you until they have those references (that certainly used to be the case) so that can hold things up, also sometimes there are delays while final decisions on candidates are made by the management. Generally no quick news is good news, it can easily take 2 weeks before you hear anything.:ok:

ginopino
17th Apr 2007, 14:47
If you fail the interview how many months (or Years ) have to pass to have the opportunity to retry it ? Thank you !!

Smeagel
17th Apr 2007, 17:06
Under the current pilot shortage?

About five minutes;)

fred_bgt
17th Apr 2007, 19:09
I guess it's 1 year. You 're entitled to take it twice.

fred_bgt
17th Apr 2007, 19:12
Coolflyer,
No, I don't know anything about AAI ! What is this ?

pilotarosa
18th Apr 2007, 10:38
hallo everyone,
i have an interview friday in paris.anyone else? fancy sharing a taxy in the morning from the hotel?
fell free to PM
ciao

interpol1977
18th Apr 2007, 14:08
Hi,

I'll be doing the interview on the 4th in Le bourget..:ok:

Any idea what the story is with the hotel?
They told me I could contact them to get a hotel for the evening..but I will also be needing a hotel for the day before. Don't want to fly in the same day so I can start "relaxed" at the interview etc...
So anybody knows which hotel they'll book me in so I can arrange the same for the night before?
Did you just email the requitment departement to acknowledge you needed a hotel? If so, could you please PM me the email address just to make sure i have the right one?

Thanks!

Best regards

interpol

nimrod1690
18th Apr 2007, 14:44
Farnborough interviews last week and this week, so it might take them a while to get back in touch with you as you were in the first week of interviews.

Good Luck:)

nimrod1690
18th Apr 2007, 16:01
Congrats to you.

Where did you have your interview? Do you know if the powers to be in Lisbon have already contacted any of your referees or do they still have to do that yet?

falconbis
21st Apr 2007, 11:26
The Level of enthusiam of the new hires and knowing the kind of experienced Pilots i had to train recently scare me>>>>are we turning into a flying school ?please guys tell me you are not all coming from serie Z commuter company or GA charter company or helicopter Pilots ....Pleeeeease !

Smeagel
21st Apr 2007, 16:42
That's the trouble with you LTC's. You're all on 150% salaries and work 10 days a month;)

Frallifraxer
21st Apr 2007, 16:49
Are they still have 1500h TT ? Someone told me they take Low Hours now aswell.

CMN
21st Apr 2007, 21:29
Teach me how to fly, and I'll teach you how to use CAPITALS.

Limosa
21st Apr 2007, 21:39
Hi falconbis,

relax, there will be a few amongst the newhires that won`t stress you too much, but on the other hand, that`s your job, train People, and if you are sick of training new pilots, you should think about a change in your carreer, but don`t spread bad vibrations around towards people that are going to start a new job with enthusiasm:= , please.

see you at the training!!

Smeagel
21st Apr 2007, 22:47
Teach me how to fly, and I'll teach you how to use CAPITALS.
......and spacesinbetweenwords?:}
Sigh! [holding head between his hands] - guys puleeaazeee, cut this crap out & stick with the thread. If you want to yowl at each other then shoot each other an email or a PM. I think I speak for the majority of us when I say that we don't want to hear your bickering. 4HP

Awwww, c'mon 4HP. Just showing my lighter side;)

Twin2040
22nd Apr 2007, 14:03
Yeahh Falcon .... I did the INDOC in March and I am quite pleased so far and hopefully it will stay that way. I was quite surprised to read your comments as well - in my course - very high level of experience in general - I got 3 Boeing types under my belt .............

rotorknight
23rd Apr 2007, 07:07
I totally agree with Limosa,if you don't like your job than QUIT.
Having been where you are I might understand your frustrations Falconbis,but show the new people a bit of respect.
Unfortunately for you,we are not all born with 10000 hours PIC on a Falcon 2000 or G550(or maybe even the citation Bravo) so I presume that even you had to be trained by a LTC one time in your life;)
Just one more question though,after havin been in aviation for only about 24 years,what is a serie Z commuter:confused: :confused: :confused:

As said before,hope to see you in training

Hairy Spice
23rd Apr 2007, 11:54
CMN I too have been given the morning of May 2nd for interview although I have not had confirmation yet either. Perhaps see you in whatever hotel they put us up in on Tuesday night.

poker_Jack
23rd Apr 2007, 15:09
Hello,

I have to go to Paris on the 4th of may for my grading with NJE . Are there any people who already did there grading recently also in paris.

I was just wondering about the technical questions, is there anybody who can help me out.

many thanks in advance

lharle
23rd Apr 2007, 21:12
Hi,

Just wondering what your experience is.
I just have 1500 h with 500 h on a citation and still no phone call at the moment.
Let us know...

Louis-Antoine

Nightrod
23rd Apr 2007, 22:06
Poker Jack,
A lot of info about the interview earlier on this thread...
Interpol1977
I'm also curious what hotel NJ use for us overnighters, any replies to you so far?
See you both on the interview may 4:th!
Good luck

CL300
24th Apr 2007, 06:46
Regarding the low-level of recently hired people ( last 18 months).

There is a no general ruling, the only factual one is that relatively low time pilots are sent to Falcons and Gulfstreams in order to speed up the amount of flight hours, and to leave room on the smaller fleets for " Fast Track Captains"

As a consequence, you end up flying worldwide with people which their vision of aviation was a Short 360 hopping Islands to Islands on 10 minutes journey in the same type of environment, they have obviously an hard time to get in sync with a Primus Epic Based Avionics on a day to day operation, reverse Jet Lag , Last minute change and the like.

Another Factual status is where the recuited people are coming from; when you had flown helicopters all your life and went through a fixed wing conversion course, your mind is still with rotating blades at least for a while; handling is generally good, and adaptability high; but there is shortfalls in the aeronautical experience that you cannot buy in books.

I would just temper the judgment on GA charter guys; most of the time everything is good BUT the SOPS and JAR OPS in depth knowledge.

The truth is that we need pilots, and in todays market there is no more very good to outstanding, and those do have already a good job that suits them ( most important, you have to be happy with your job). Netjets is not an Easy life, nor a difficult one, it is a new life, a new form of aviation, nothing you can compare or benchmark against.

For the new guys looking for XYZ informations about what , where, when; if you ask yourself too many questions you are not ready for our aviation, you should find something else; GA Ops TimeShare is a sacerdoce and a true commitment and dedication to service and excellence; this has to be deeply implemented in yourself, not only with the aviation related life but on your day to day behaviour. If not, steer away, and anyway even if you board you will leave anyway...

Good luck to everyone, fly safe and enjoy, this is not only a job, it is pleasure..

rotorknight
24th Apr 2007, 12:14
Thanks CL300,

That was a good posting with comments that make sense:ok:

interpol1977
24th Apr 2007, 16:05
HI Nightrod,

Got a friendly email from recruitment giving me all the details for the 4th. Had to reply if i wanted a hotel or not, i asked if it was possible to get a hotel at C de gaulle as i'm flying back early in the morning on the 5th....hopefully with a good feeling!!!:cool:
So don't know yet which hotel there going to give me..doesn't matter in the end, was just curious..
However, as I'm flying over a day earlier (3 may), I booked myself a room in the kyriad prestige at le bourget airport that evening. It's walking distance from Flightsafety so convenient. If you're there as well, what about a beer to calm the nerves?

Anyway, see you on the 4th!

Best regards

Interpol

Nightrod
24th Apr 2007, 19:54
Salve Interpol,
Before I saw your answer, I just requested for a room thursday-friday and will stay one more night at my own exspense at the same place, (hopefully Kyriad). We can always meet after the sessions for a cold one. See you there and all the best. :ok:
NR

Treetopflyer
25th Apr 2007, 04:40
NJE usually books the LBG interviewees in the Kyriad. Farnborough guys normally go to the Bracknell Hilton, pretty far away. Good luck to ya guys.

falconbis
25th Apr 2007, 08:03
Limosa and Twin 2040

Sorry kids but let put this straight it s not about like or not like the job, I m not a CRI my job is not to teach people to fly ....we are an Airline not a flying school !

Is the kind of attitude you are coming with....:D its gone be fun ;)

Bonzoboy
26th Apr 2007, 02:58
Absolutely over the moon......Thanks to those who have helped me on this site. I got the job and start the INDOC in August, anyone else starting then?

I look forward to meeting you all soon.

lowcostnomore
26th Apr 2007, 19:26
Hello to all, I have spent the last number of years working for a low cost operator and I am now looking to move on . I have read all the pages however if possible could I get answers to the following please.
A. How long does it really take to get command.
B. Is there any pension.
C. Is leave hard to get.
D. What expenses are not covered while on duty and what are the per diems.
E. What are the typical days, ie start/finish times.
F. Is transport provided when away from airport to hotel.

Many thanks

redsnail
26th Apr 2007, 20:42
A. Depends on many things. Your fleet, your TT, your previous experience and most importantly of all, your ability and aptitude for the Netjets job. The flying part is comparatively easy.

B. Yes. Definitely for UK based folks, not sure about Europe based folks but I think so now.

C. If you're requesting leave at the last minute for popular times, yes. If not, then it's not too hard to get. The new system is taking a bit of getting used to. (gone "online")

D. Per diems are €70 and accom is on a Bed and Breakfast deal. Therefore, dinner and other such things you pay for. Hotels are usually very good.

E. Typical days? Netjets? No such thing as typical. You could be doing a block of earlies then an easy day on Day 4 and then finish with some lates. They now try and be kind on Day 1 and Day 6. Resignation rate was too high. For the mid sized cabin, a typical early is about a 0400z show, finish ~ 1400z. A late is maybe 10z or 14z with a 20 or 22z finish. Ave sectors 2-4 per day. Maybe... :confused:

F. Yes. Sometimes the company arranges, sometimes the FBO arranges, sometimes you arrange. If you pay cash, you put in a claim.

lowcostnomore
26th Apr 2007, 21:42
Thank you for your reply, I shall be putting in an application asap.:D

RAFAT
27th Apr 2007, 01:57
Just checked out the NetJets Europe website and noted the following :

Roster

NetJets flight deck crew work a 6 / 5 day roster, except the ultra long haul crews who work a mix of 7/6 and 6/5 day roster. This is 200 working days per year for all pilots split into 50 working days per calendar month, less annual vacation entitlement of 22 days.

50 working days per month! stone the crows! and I thought Ryanair worked its pilots to death!!! :{

aviatn
27th Apr 2007, 06:12
I have been following pprune in regard to netjets in the past couple of month closely. At the end of last year and the beginning of this year the "pilot shortage" seemed to have been quiet extensive. Has this situation eased somewhat or are they still relatively short staffed? some posts seem to suggest that the situatuation is not as pronounced as it used to be.

CL300
27th Apr 2007, 12:41
RAFAT Just checked out the NetJets Europe website and noted the following :

Roster

NetJets flight deck crew work a 6 / 5 day roster, except the ultra long haul crews who work a mix of 7/6 and 6/5 day roster. This is 200 working days per year for all pilots split into 50 working days per calendar month, less annual vacation entitlement of 22 days.

50 days per quarter... a quarter equals 4 months...

redsnail
27th Apr 2007, 13:35
4 months? I think you mean 3 months. Last time I looked there's 12 months in the year. Although, sometimes it does feel like 16 months! :D

:ok:

Flaps3040
27th Apr 2007, 13:36
Close by ... you surely meant this:
1 quarter = 3 month ... otherwise it would be a nice "parttime job" :ok:

CL300
27th Apr 2007, 14:31
redsnail 4 months? I think you mean 3 months. Last time I looked there's 12 months in the year. Although, sometimes it does feel like 16 months!

at 21 days+ per month how does it fit in 3 months ? It must be a 4 month quarter... :\ :{

But agree, the computations are based on the base that you can fly 50 days over a 3 month period, otherwise it has to be compensated in order NOT to exceed the 200 days per year, but of course there is some flexibility required especially on long-haul....I'm waiting for the end of the year, I shall have my vacation accepted then, well may be...If the software agrees :p :)

lharle
27th Apr 2007, 22:05
I ve heard that the recruitment is over for 2007 they hired around 225 pilots or so.

Can someone confirm.

Thank you.

Flip Flap
28th Apr 2007, 10:33
Yeah...I heard the same thing. But several assessments are still scheduled from which the final selections will be made to make up the numbers.

flareflyer
29th Apr 2007, 08:13
how many aircraft netjets has and how many on order?

flare

Potential
29th Apr 2007, 08:33
I believe the current number of aircraft is around the 118 mark. In terms of aircraft on order a press release stated that they expect to take delivery of 22 new aircraft in total in 2007 and they have 24 Falcon 7Xs on order for 2008 (at $1.1 billion this is the largest business jet order in European history).

SayMach#
29th Apr 2007, 10:08
Around 40 aircraft deliveries in 2008. Recruitment will continue without a summerbreak!

gnek
30th Apr 2007, 13:35
Hi, is anybody going the 27 th of May to Le Bourget for the interview?
I'd like to share any "nice to know" infos...
Feel free to pm me...

flyingluc
30th Apr 2007, 19:44
Hi everybody,
i have a small question regarding the completion of the NETJETS standard application form,when they are asking "notice period" is it
1° a notice period for leaving current employer
or
2° the notice period to reach the "gateway" from living place ( i am thinking it should be the the second option the more logical in this case ).I am sorry for this kind of question,but as english is not my mother language,sometime i can't feel some fineness.Thanks for reply.

maxphlyer
30th Apr 2007, 20:13
Hi Luc,

"Notice Period" is the time required to leave your current employer.

You are supposed to be able to reach your approved gateway within one hour.

Hope I could help,

Max

merlinxx
30th Apr 2007, 20:21
I suggest all that are interested pop over to GVA for EBACE and just have a swing by their booth. www.ebace.aero. OK you've got to spend to get there and attend, but hey you want to come and join BIZAV, get over folks. Easy is the best out of LGW to GVA.

flyingluc
1st May 2007, 13:28
Thank you for help.:ok:

Flying Luc

pilotarosa
2nd May 2007, 10:49
has anyone who did the interview on the 20th at Le Bourget heard anything yet?

linusg
2nd May 2007, 16:56
Do you people know where netjets does interview at LeBourget ?
If you have any good advice about it please post it.

TY

CMN
3rd May 2007, 06:22
@ Flight Safety, Falcon Training Center.

For advice, check the previous 42 pages. Not much has changed.

uturn
3rd May 2007, 14:39
I do have an interview vith NJE in the U.K next week. Please I need the latest information about the techquiz. Type of questions etc. Or are they still using questions simmilary to this post?

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3147106&postcount=722

And what about the english test?

Chers...........

Flaps3040
6th May 2007, 07:33
Hi, i have been in Paris last week (.. waiting for the answer..)
INFO from first hand: they still need about 170 pilots!!!:D
Between 50 and 60 percent are hired after the interview.

The interview was perfect organised, they all are really nice and friendly people in a warm atmosphere, but they expect you to be really professional on a high level and very well prepared! ... I hope I was :hmm:

So if you read this and the other threads about Netjets in PPrune you know what to refresh and how to prepare!

pilotarosa
8th May 2007, 08:23
I have got it! I am in!
starting on the 10th of sept.
thanks to all the people who directely or indirectely helped me!!!

safe landings!

gazman21
8th May 2007, 08:51
to all the people who have recently been successful at Netjets recruitment,what kind of experience do you have

gazman21

apilot
8th May 2007, 10:13
Hey pilotarosa, when were you at the interview to have an answer?I am still waiting for a phone call, hopefully.

pilotarosa
8th May 2007, 13:33
i was on the 20th of april, and got the phone call yesterday evening.
my experience 1600-1700 hours of which 1300 on "heavy"turboprop (29000MTWO)...hope this help

what about you a-pilot when did you have yours?

apilot
8th May 2007, 15:36
ok, cool.went on the 4th of may, waiting for the call.
F/O:7000hours, wide body included.
Cheers

Flaps3040
11th May 2007, 09:46
how many days after the interview will NJE send their emails to the 5 references? Does anybody know that? (I have been in Paris at the 3th of May)
thx

pilotarosa
11th May 2007, 11:57
in my case 2 weeks and a half

goudgup
13th May 2007, 01:20
can somebody give me an update on what to expect during the simride in farnborough with netjets. is the highest probability still to get the B1900, and if so are there any speedtapes or is it all dials. any internet sides where you can get an idea about the flightdeck layout? and can you expect engine failures as well or do they come up with other scenarios?
and any other feedback is welcome as well, about cases you can expect during the interview.

Thanks in advance guys

apilot
13th May 2007, 10:33
No engine failure as you don't know the acft
Keep it simple,
1°FLY the thing
2°Navigation accuracy (basic IFR, SID, holding and ILS raw data, Needles only- no maping)
3°Communicate= CRM with other crew member and also communicate with passenger
4° One Failure to deal with

Try to enjoy the sim ride!

Bonzoboy
13th May 2007, 16:14
Re: Sim Ride

From my experince recently they are looking at the very basic qualities for a pilot. You will be expected to excercise/demonstrate good CRM and of course reasonable flying skills. There are many scenarios and routes but they are all non type specific and mainly just common sense. Hard work but from my one off experience they seem to be looking at you to see if they personally would like to fly a tour with you for six days.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

austrian71
13th May 2007, 21:41
As mentioned, they want to see your MCC / CRM skills as well as flying skills. Use your F/O as a colluege and he well help you, forget him and you make life yourself more difficult. The sim screening is fair, they know, that we are not flying like the autopilot , raw data, no FD, but want to see, that you keep the overview, situational awareness, good luck!

boko
13th May 2007, 22:23
Hi everybody,
so my understanding is you fly 6 on 5.
Do they relocate u on first and last day to your selected base? U select your base, right?
And how long do u have to work for the NJE by the contract or there is a bond/ Or Both?

redsnail
13th May 2007, 23:59
boko,

You select the gateway from a list. You are positioned from that gateway on Day 1 and returned there usually on Day 6. (earlier if you've run out of duty). This is usually by airline, train or car depending on cost and distance. You are supposed to live within 1 hour of your gateway. I think the Netjets Europe website has more info.

You sign a contract during Indoc. You are bonded for your training. The length of the bond depends on your hours.

boko
14th May 2007, 05:26
redsnail, thanks so much!
you are great! :-)

Libellule
14th May 2007, 10:32
Hello everybody !

I'm invited for an interview on the 28th of may in Paris. I'm just wondering what is the dress-code for a netjets interview.

Thanks

PPRuNeUser0215
14th May 2007, 11:14
Hello everybody !

I'm invited for an interview on the 28th of may in Paris. I'm just wondering what is the dress-code for a netjets interview.

Thanks

Call me sarcastic but what do you really think is the dress code required ? What do you think is the image that a company dealing on a daily basis with the most influencial people in the banking system, art, sport etc, would like to portray ?
a - Flip Flops, colorful shirt (big flowers because size matter), stone washed jeans, no hair wash for the passed 3 months

or

b- Business like, professional looking

Seriously guys, NJE like most GA Business Jet outfit like to see people thinking on their feet and proactive. It is true on the Line but also true during the interview so make you Own choice on that one.

PicMas
14th May 2007, 11:25
My guess would be a... :hmm:
On a more serious note, does anybody have some information about the NetJets roadshow in June? It's in Munich and Dusseldorf sometime around the 20th.
Is it by invite only?
I figure that they must have misplaced my application and phonenumber since they haven't called, might be necessary to go show them what they have been missing :}

nimi
14th May 2007, 11:46
Hello!

Could some clued-up chap/ess give me an idea as to how bidding for days off works at NJE?
Say for example you would like to attend a friends wedding/some sporting fixture etc. in a couple of months time - can you 'bid' for this day off, so that they roster your other 18 days on around that? Are they pretty good with accomodating such requests with sufficient notice, and how much does it depend on on time in company?
Where I work now, I can figure out what i'll be doing this time next year (if I count forward on all my fingers and toes), which is marvellous for life planning. Just wondering will NJE be better/not-so-good or roughly the same.

Many thanks!

redsnail
14th May 2007, 12:11
Amex :ok:

Libellule, very hard to go wrong with a well fitting suit and sensible tie. For females, similar attire but tie's not required. Sports jacket and jeans will do for easyJet but not for Netjets.

Nimi, yes, there's the SDO request function. You can request special days off. You're allowed 6 per year. Roster is a lot more predictable now. 6 on, 5 off. Only variations is your sim/GRT months.

nimi
14th May 2007, 12:24
Thanks redsnail!

norwegian pilot
15th May 2007, 14:54
Can someone PM me Q&A`s for interview with NJE?

:D

Fly me to the moon
15th May 2007, 16:01
Everything is already on the forum !
Work on Ops1 and perfos, met.
Read and work "Ace technical pilot interview".
Be imaginative during the interview, as every question will need a mixed answer of imagination/knowledge/requirements.
Smile !

captain klutz
16th May 2007, 14:29
Hello all
a couple of Q"s for those employed by NJE
What is the method for new joiners with thousands of command hours to return to the left seat (ie command assesment etc)
Anybody who uses manchester as a gateway, What do you do for parking whilst on tour ?.
Thanks.

redsnail
16th May 2007, 14:49
G'day CK,

The method of obtaining command is exactly the same but if you have the command hours and the aptitude, then it's much quicker.
Survive Indoc, go to Flight Safety and do the rating. Do circuits. Wait around for an age while the regulatory authority processes the paper work. (Read Part A and B!!)

Start line training. This is where you can really make a difference. If you can adapt to the NJE life (namely looking after the owners, cleaning and tidying the a/c, sorting the catering, taking in your stride the multitude of changes that happen in a day) quickly, it is possible to be recommended for a command position before you've finished your FO line training.

Assuming you get the nod. Off to Lisbon (again) for the Upgrade Ground school. Then off to Paris for the Upgrade sim sessions. There's 4, 3 are assessed. Assuming you don't muck them up you're then recommended for line training. Do that. Pass. Get the 4 stripes. Off you go.

interpol1977
17th May 2007, 11:48
YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:ok::):eek::}:cool:

I'm in! Very happy!
Got the phone call a few days ago and now received the offer letter..
I did the selection on the 4th of may..My total time is around 5000 hours with over 4000 jet.

For those guys still going for the sim etc. it's like the others said before. Of course you've got to fly well but a big part of it is if they can be with you in the flightdeck for 6 days. I for example feel like I could have done better in the sim...

The interview is straight forward, you can prepare yourself for it (ace and cathay) and know Jar ops.. I especially liked the atmosphere and positive attitude from the people!

Now it's going to be a few nice months in my present company knowing that i'm leaving!

Good luck to you all!

Best regards
Interpol

nimi
18th May 2007, 11:43
Well done Interpol!
When do you start? I agree with your advice about having a good knowledge of Jar Ops 1, and reading 'Ace the tech pilot interview'. A good grounding in both of these should help anybody shine in the interview.
PLUS folks- don't forget about weather/climate - esp sigmet chart symbology!
Has anybody who was interviewed in Farnborough on May 9th heard anything yet....?
nimi

superced
18th May 2007, 12:48
you ve got 22days annual leave +6 SPECIAL day off

you can build 5 6 5 x 4 = 64 + 4

68 days leave

you can do that???

Thanks

CL300
18th May 2007, 15:24
superced you ve got 22days annual leave +6 SPECIAL day off

you can build 5 6 5 x 4 = 64 + 4

68 days leave

you can do that???

Thanks

No unfortunately you cannot, it is more subtle. you can work only 18 days a month (except for initial type rating).
If you take 5 days of vacation you have 2 wrap around days each side so a total of 9 days of vacation if you take 10 days then you have 3 WD each side equal 16 days of vacation; therefore on the first case you can still work 9 days, on the second 2 days only....

so if you split your vacation in 3 periods of 5 days plus one period of 7 days you will have 38 days of vacations at the end...

superced
18th May 2007, 15:41
thanks but what is the link with 18 days a month thats the maximum you can work ok but??

and my idea was to take three blocks of 6 DAYS (18 DAYS )plus one block 10 days ( 4 days plus 6 days specila day off)

you have 5 days each side so you can take 3X 16 DAYS not on the same time of course

plus one time 10 days thats 58 days nope???

Iam wrong?? cos a EJ you can do that??

CL300
18th May 2007, 18:59
SDO are not to be taken with vacation , it is more or less a roster work around, these are days that you request to be off, and the roster is ajusted accordingly. You cannot get more than 2 SDO in a row, and they cannot be attached to vacations.

6/5 is the roster pattern, but you have to fly 50 days/quarter/ 200 days/year and a contractual maximum of 18 FLYING days a month EXCEPT if you accept to work 6 extra days. The 50/200 are WITH vacation included.

At Netjets US , they are using a 7/7 roster and indeed when they take 7 days they have 21 days...except on flexible roster... well another ball game anyway.

superced
19th May 2007, 03:05
ok ic thats a crap again...

boko
19th May 2007, 13:52
do they pay u per diem when u are 6 days on ? how much? 10x!

CL300
20th May 2007, 06:04
superced ok ic thats a crap again...

Well it depends how do you count : 200 - 38 = 162 days - 12 days (simulator) - 4 Days (GRT) = 144 days (Flying Days) this is 12 days a Month...

boko do they pay u per diem when u are 6 days on ? how much? 10x!

70 euros per day you are WORKING (simulator and travel included) If you are StandBy home no perdiem.

flareflyer
20th May 2007, 10:11
hi CL300,

can you please explain me these numbers?

Well it depends how do you count : 200 - 38 = 162 days - 12 days (simulator) - 4 Days (GRT) = 144 days (Flying Days) this is 12 days a Month...

What is 38?

thanks

flare

CL300
20th May 2007, 10:31
Read above 38 are vacations days with the wraparounds

flareflyer
20th May 2007, 10:36
Hi cl300,

I read all but still i don't understand, if you take 5 days of leave you have 9 days off total, and if you take 10 days of leave you have a total of 16 days off..................

sorry for my limits but how do you find the number 38????

thanks for the answer :ugh: :confused: :}

superced
20th May 2007, 12:03
AND
you have to pay 25% taxe in portugal even you dont live there... thats huge!!!

south coast
20th May 2007, 14:02
The wrap around days dont come out of your alloted 22 days a year though, do they?

CL300
20th May 2007, 18:11
For the ones that cannot read 6 posts above :

If you take 5 days of vacation you have 2 wrap around days each side so a total of 9 days of vacation if you take 10 days then you have 3 WD each side equal 16 days of vacation; therefore on the first case you can still work 9 days, on the second 2 days only....

so if you split your vacation in 3 periods of 5 days plus one period of 7 days you will have 38 days of vacations at the end

3 * (2+5+2) = 27
1 * ( 2+7+2) = 11

27 +11 = 38.....

You can have the picture this time ?

flareflyer
21st May 2007, 12:14
DEAR CL300,

Thanks a lot, now it is very clear......................excellent crm :}:)

Thanks

Flare

Knutti
23rd May 2007, 15:44
Well thats not really true. You never get more that 22 days vacation.
The "wrap around days" are not vacation. They are days were you would have been off anyway. Since you work 6/5/6/5 you would think that if you took 6 days vacation you would have 5+6+5 days off. But they will not do that, they will only give you 2+6+2. That way they can give you a few shorter tours and have less problems with duty time.

CL300
23rd May 2007, 17:22
At the end you will be flying 144 days a year...So you call the days the way you want it but here it is. :E
Remember it is 50/ Quarter (duty+vacation) and 18 days a month and 55 hours in 7 days..

Crunch the numbers, but after some years that is my average FLYING... :suspect:

austrian71
23rd May 2007, 20:21
Hi ladies and gents,

its a pleasure for me, to inform you, that I got the offer letter from lisbon, I am proud to be a member of nje starting with indoc in july :O

gone till november
24th May 2007, 23:06
Austrian.

Well done you're gona love it.:ok:

CL300

You forgot the two days between the set of five day periods so its 18 days.
Say you book Mon 4th of whatever month till Fri 8th and Mon 11th till Fri 15th.

They will give you Fri Sat Sun 1st 2nd and 3rd Wrap around days (WAD)then sat and sun 9th and 10th then 3 wrap around days at the end 16th 17th and 18th.

So you have from Friday the 1st till Monday 18th.

So 3 WAD then 5 days holiday then 2 days in between followed by 5 days holiday and finishing with 3 WAD equalling 18 days.

Or thats how i understand it.

CL300
25th May 2007, 05:26
Are you sure that works? I think there is a rule that prevent you from doing this...You need 10 days between 2 vacation requests.

Anyway DUTY+VACATION<= 18 days in any gicen month

gone till november
25th May 2007, 13:42
yep pretty sure it does.

When the policy was revised i looked at that bit quite clearly. Also queried it on GRT.

Yes your right about the ten days but its regarded as one "2 week" request

If you look at the vacation website between any two 5 day period there is a two day block and then the WAD's are given either side.

Again maybe im having a brain fart:suspect: Im also sure someone will correct me if im talking pants.

aviatn
27th May 2007, 13:54
Some weeks ago I've posted a question in regard to Netjets roadshow in Germany.
Is their additional information? The replies were a bit unclear.
Thanks

Jungle Jet Junkie
27th May 2007, 20:52
Hello Anybody!!!!

Does anyone WORKING Net Jets Europe have any idea about what are the competitive times to get invited to interview ????? and if so what are the recent equipment assignments????

sangiovese.
29th May 2007, 18:20
Anybody out there who did the interviews at Farnborough 9-11 May had a reply yet? Here's hoping it's soon

:ooh:

yannick04
31st May 2007, 13:01
Been for interview last week in Paris. If you`ve got questions just pm me.
Went pretty well, no troubles with technical, english and sim, just the interview was quite tough.....:O

yannick04
31st May 2007, 13:08
Hey redsnail;

just been there for the interview... But what do you mean by survive indoc - what do I expect there (if I get there :uhoh:)?

Thx- cu
Y

Kilo-club SNA
31st May 2007, 14:28
Hi guys, sorry to drag you all back to the question of leave...

I unerstand that you get WAD connected to the leave intead of the days you would have of.

So instead of 12345 (off) 6789,10,11 (work) 12,13,14,15,16. (off)

you take as leave 6789,10,11 (your normal 6 day work pattern) and get 45 and 12, 13 off as WAD.
My question is what does that leave the long term roster stability. I thought the idea was to have a fixed roster which you could plan a few months in advance. or do you simply do extra long weeks of work around your leave to preserve stability???

Cheers

aviatn
31st May 2007, 15:11
Hi vannick04,
what exactly do you mean with the interview was tough? In what regard?
Perhaps you could send me an enmail to
[email protected]
Thanks for your info.

CL300
31st May 2007, 16:27
Kilo-club SNA Hi guys, sorry to drag you all back to the question of leave...

I unerstand that you get WAD connected to the leave intead of the days you would have of.

So instead of 12345 (off) 6789,10,11 (work) 12,13,14,15,16. (off)

you take as leave 6789,10,11 (your normal 6 day work pattern) and get 45 and 12, 13 off as WAD.
My question is what does that leave the long term roster stability. I thought the idea was to have a fixed roster which you could plan a few months in advance. or do you simply do extra long weeks of work around your leave to preserve stability???

The roster is published the 15th of the month prior for next month, cannot change execpt for line training related events (FO and Captain releases)

my roster in june calls for 4 ON / 4 OFF / 6 ON / 5 OFF / 6 ON total of 16 working days in june this was published on the 15th of MAy.
But no, I do not know my July roster exactly , I can only anticipate that I should start on the 2nd of july for a 6/5 pattern since I did not apply for Extra days of work. But this will be cast in stone when july roster will be published ( around the 15 th of june).

The Key point is 200 working days in the calendar year (including training events and vacations) AND 50 days per quarter ..Any combination thereafter is doable...

Hope that helps..

AS CAR O 50-207-306
2nd Jun 2007, 18:38
Hi guys, I'm just thinking to try in NJE.
I've read all the posts, very looong job :}, and I've just one question if possible... It's possible, not in the beginnig but later in the time, to have a partime... I'm thinking about 11 o 10 month/year
Best regards

On standby
4th Jun 2007, 14:41
Any Uk based guys recently joined, could you answer the following?
Netjets has told me to get a secruity form from the local police station. Do they mean a Disclosure Scotland Certificate? If not what do they need?

Indoc course starts 6th August.

Thanks.

natops
4th Jun 2007, 16:03
hey yannick what redsnail meant was that during the day in classroom and at night hitting the bar in the hotel. Makes you tired after a few days! So thats what you have to survive, nothing major!
Good luck

cya
N.:ok:

hawkerpilot
4th Jun 2007, 21:06
Wannabee Netjets Pilots :

Are you aware that your country of residence could very well mean that you are not going to earn a lot of money with Netjets, or to put it differently, you are going to pay a lot of tax?

Netjets stays very vague about it but only if you are UK or portuguese or expat living in Portugal you are ok.

If you are French, belgium or Denmark you are really bad off!

others are somewhat in the middle, but will probably be effected as the outcome of this new strange construction, social security in UK and tax in Portugal, has not been used before and the next year will see the decision of the several tax departments,as many tax adviseurs have deemed it not legal, dodgy and causing extra taxpayments, quoting those who know..........

Before you give up your precious current job, think twice, Netjets are masters of disguise..............:uhoh:

Stanziel
5th Jun 2007, 22:43
Netjets are masters of disguise..............:uhoh:

Hawkerpilot,

I'd really love to hear more about that. :\
(I am not questioning you at all, I would just like to know more as I would someday like to work for Netjets)

Cheers,
Stanzie

Flintstone
6th Jun 2007, 12:32
Stanziel.

Not wishing to appear rude but if you use the search function there's a wealth of information in the archives.

Alternatively you might be able to persuade someone to give you the boiled down version. The terms of my out of court settlement (£££££:ok:) from the company prevent me from doing so.

:O

norwegian pilot
8th Jun 2007, 11:06
-Anyone from NJE interview on may 25-27 got an answer yet?

boko
8th Jun 2007, 16:55
Hi guys,
I have Bulgarian (ICAO) ATPL with B-737 type and FAA ATPL with no type.Is it going to be enought for Netjets- they ask for EUROPEAN license,right?

Mercuzio
8th Jun 2007, 20:09
How long I have to wait to know the outcome of the phone interview and If I progress to the sim assessment? :}
Thz

2Circle
8th Jun 2007, 20:52
@ norwegian pilot:

I received a phone call and a written job offer two days ago! :)

I hope you´ll make it too!

Regards
2Circle

gnek
9th Jun 2007, 16:02
Yes, got the call on Tuesday and offer letter on Wednesday...

Good luck!

70ppilot
11th Jun 2007, 15:38
Hi Everybody, searched through all the posts and cand find it but is it possible after some years to work partime? E.g. 75% orso?

Thanks for your help!

spoolup
11th Jun 2007, 20:05
just curious for you NJE guys
should i expect an impropmtu encounter with dr jellyfinger the first week of groundschool like in the US?

seupp
12th Jun 2007, 10:24
No Jellyfingers and no parttime work as of yet, hope this reply is to your satisfaction...

seupp

spoolup
12th Jun 2007, 10:28
nice.... now if i could only get them to call me back......

Flintstone
12th Jun 2007, 16:50
Why? Are you fond of the jelly fingers?:E

spoolup
12th Jun 2007, 16:52
No, i meant NJE to call me back....

Jellyfingers.... he hurt my feelings! I said be gentle and his answer was....

"Don't worry it won't hurt me a bit!"

angelorange
15th Jun 2007, 12:30
Through to stage 2 at Le Bourget.

Is the NJE hotel near the airfield?

In terms of booking flights out of CDG for return home:

If 0830 start what is usual finish time after writtens, interview, Sim ride etc?

Many thanks

bizantin
15th Jun 2007, 14:36
you can book a flight from 3PM on. LBG CDG is only 15mn drive with a taxi. Ask the reception in FSY to call for it.

good luck

captain klutz
16th Jun 2007, 15:04
G day all

Which are the best hotel loyality/points cards to have as a NJE pilot

Flintstone
16th Jun 2007, 17:49
You're kidding, right?:hmm:

artip
16th Jun 2007, 20:53
Best cards to have;

Days inn, kyriad, novotel.

Enjoy!

max.aret
16th Jun 2007, 20:55
Which are the best hotel loyality/points cards to have as a NJE pilotI think the standard corporate pilot outfit will do, i.e. Lufthansa Miles & More, British Airways Executive Club, Air Berlin Top Bonus, Goldpoints Plus, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club Rewards, Hyatt Gold Passport, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sofitel Privilege and Hilton Honors. That is what I carry around.

CL300
17th Jun 2007, 06:57
Air Berlin Easyjet, Ryan Air....For airlines..

Normal corporate kit.......Take a break , have a Kit Kat...

uphillstruggle
17th Jun 2007, 12:59
I have the chance to become a Net Jets employee.

I've just read all the posts and find a lot of negativity but it seems mainly from a few but the same names.

So lets have some of the positive peoples comments on why I should accept and what I can truly expect.

My background
7000 plus hours
last 5 years command on heavy TP
live very close to a London gateway
lots of corporate experience

Flintstone
17th Jun 2007, 18:05
You have an evil sense of humour CL300.:E

Smeagel
17th Jun 2007, 20:00
I've just read all the posts and find a lot of negativity but it seems mainly from a few but the same names.

So lets have some of the positive peoples comments on why I should accept and what I can truly expect.

Interesting way of considering a proposition, only listening to the 'pro' side.

Sounds like you've made your mind up already. Maybe just turn up and enjoy the surprise?

Good luck.

Flintstone
20th Jun 2007, 15:00
Just curious liberace but have you a) read this thread or b) used the search function?

Fly me to the moon
21st Jun 2007, 12:29
Give me a private @, I'll send you the basic data for E145.
;)

BBJW
25th Jun 2007, 08:37
If you meet a stupid fleet manager LOVING SOP's, the only thing to do is : leave this interview asap.

PicMas
25th Jun 2007, 17:55
Has anybody who attended the recent Farnborough selection (around the 20th June) heard anything?

- Yes, I know it will take the better part of two weeks for an answer, bringing us to early July BUT! now I got a chance to be the first to ask.

falconbis
25th Jun 2007, 21:04
uphillstrugle
I have the chance to become a Net Jets employee.

My background
7000 plus hours
last 5 years command on heavy TP
live very close to a London gateway
lots of corporate experience

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did you decided to come to work for a company who doesn t provide pension, with a salary fix for life no increment and the inflation is not garanty, they also cannot garanty you (except if you are brit) how much taxes you gone have to pay once employed ! ask the scandinavians they discovered recently that they have to pay tax in Portugal and in their respective Scandinavian country...about 90% of their income, the spanish got a surprise too etc....

Flintstone
26th Jun 2007, 13:39
If you meet a stupid fleet manager LOVING SOP's, the only thing to do is : leave this interview asap.Ok, I'll bite.:p

What's the story?

hawkerpilot
27th Jun 2007, 14:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJW
If you meet a stupid fleet manager LOVING SOP's, the only thing to do is : leave this interview asap.

do not know which one to pick, there are so many.........could you be a little bit more specific?:}

yellowsub
27th Jun 2007, 15:51
I've read a through a few posts but...

Can anyone speak from experience what the latest is on the tax with NJ and living in France.

From what I have read from other more conventional sources is confusing and subjective to this and that.

I would like to know in round figures what an F/O at NJ will get in his sticky hand each month whilst residing in France.

What I would really like to know but will more than likely not get an answer here is, what's the dodge?

CRX
27th Jun 2007, 17:00
Anyone know yet from Farnborough 19-21st?
Still a few days to go to the 'published' 14 days, but I'm getting jumpy...
I bet you are too!

:O

FLYR1
30th Jun 2007, 19:48
hi all, just had my telephone interview, obviously all went well as I have my date for LFPB.:D
just wanted to tell the interested that the questions were nearly exactly the same as you could find when you search this forum/thread a bit.
Nothing extravagant, some questioning of your answers to check whether you stand by your decision. Over all, quite a pleasant chat, honestly!

So... at FSI there, are they only that using the EMB sim? :ouch: Any hints on how this handles?

cheers,
flr

CL300
1st Jul 2007, 07:16
Like any sim, just fly it...

Blue Up , Brown Down, speed within yellow and red, and banking no more than 30°. Try to keep the needles square and this is it. If you have flown a jet before use the same parameters, they work for EVERY aircraft to be in the enveloppe.

Just fly, easy...ho yes there is a trim function on the aircraft...not to mention gear and flaps of course, they need to go up and down at some stage in flight, and you need the other person, (yes there is some next to you ) to check the position of all these things at some stage as well. And yes it is a person , that hear, speak, breathe; may be worth chatting a little before , during and after the event...

aviatn
1st Jul 2007, 07:48
Excellent reply CL300.
I too am very keen in working for Netjets Europe. I just recently visited their roadshow in Germany and was quiet impressed by the presentation. I know that it isn't all like fun and games, but it isn#t for any operator.
Fact remains that the grass isn't greener on the other side, it just looks that way from the angle where you are standing.
Would you mind e-mailing me any other details you know about the interview process, including questions which are the references will have to answer?
[email protected]
Thanks for your help.

CL300
1st Jul 2007, 09:57
I cannot tell you much than that you can gather here, since when I joined ( a while ago) the process was not like today. And I'm not in any interview or assesment panel.

Join if it is your wish.

aviatn
2nd Jul 2007, 09:38
Hi CL 300,
I've applied with Netjets back in February thinking that I was going to be done with my licence conversion in a month or two. But because of some unfortunate personal developments, (broke my arm and had to temporarily discontinue training) couldn't get it done until now.
But they will most certainly receive an updated CV very soon.
I think NJE is a very good choice if someone wants to be employed in the business aviation sector.

Many good flights

jetfly
2nd Jul 2007, 11:19
Hi CRX!!

Yes I was there on the 19th of June. Got the call on the 27th. But I'm still waiting for the official letter from them.

I hope it went alright for you to and maybe I'll see you in Oct. for indoc!

C ya

jetfly

Flintstone
2nd Jul 2007, 18:51
Psssst! aviatn!

Don't tell us, tell them.

FLYR1
2nd Jul 2007, 19:25
hi CL300, thx for the answer :hmm:...
I was rather wondering a bit how this strangely looking yoke handles and whether that sim handles like i.e. a CL300 or rather like the old truck G4?
Are they using the ERJ sim only?
Anyway, I'll be doing some raw data A/T off flying during the next weeks, just for TNG. :E:cool:
cheers,
flr

CRX
2nd Jul 2007, 19:50
Jetfly,
Now I am getting concerned....
I have heard from another guy that he got the 'no thanks' letter on the following Thursday (the 27th). And I have still heard nothing.
What do you reckon this means... checking references? Lost in the post?
I have tried to call recruitment but just get a voice mail service. Left a message but no call back has happened.
The not knowing is the nasty bit.
Anyone shed any light on the post-interview process, please?

Thx.

CRX

jetfly
2nd Jul 2007, 20:06
CRX,
This could meen anything realy. I believ the official process is you ether get "the letter of rejection" or the happy phone call within two weeks of the intreview. At this point they haven't checked any refrences just evaluated your results from the actual interview.
So in your case I don't realy know. If I where you I would send them an e-mail or keep calling.

Best of luck

jetfly

PicMas
2nd Jul 2007, 20:08
Crap... got the letter. The letter without accompanying phonecall that is.
Oh, well... Guess I'll have to contract and "get by" for another year.

No need to feel sorry for me, I do that plenty myself.

Best of luck to those that made it, hope you have a great time during indoc.

CRX
2nd Jul 2007, 20:14
Picmas,
Sorry about that, mate.
When did the letter arrive?

CRX

PicMas
2nd Jul 2007, 20:25
got it last friday (29th)

CRX
2nd Jul 2007, 20:34
Thanks Picmas,
Well my phone has been on constantly with no missed calls, so I am guessing
the postal strike here in Blighty has delayed my unhappy letter.
'spose no news is good news. (up to a point).

CRX.

Bonzoboy
3rd Jul 2007, 00:52
CRX old cahp. Please don't fret. They took about 23 days to get back to me. I wish you luck.

I am looking forwrd to the 6th Aug Indoc.

James

LSVF
3rd Jul 2007, 16:45
Hi there!!!

Still no news from NJE. Over 2 weeks gone and the only feedback I have is through PPRune. Anyone besides CRX and I still waiting an answer??

Good luck mates!!!

CRX
3rd Jul 2007, 17:50
Well I just got the 'sorry... no joy' email from NJE.
Very miffed, that's the job I want.
Back to the grind.
Good luck all.

CRX

LSVF
3rd Jul 2007, 17:54
Sorry to hear that CRX. When did you have your interview??

CRX
3rd Jul 2007, 20:39
LSVF,
On the 19th, still no letter as such,
just an email from the delightful Carmen...
I wish I knew what I did wrong, had a real good feeling about it.
No feedback policy however so never will know.

LSVF
4th Jul 2007, 05:46
I Finally got the Letter... Sad but true... Maybe some other time....

ABO944
10th Jul 2007, 20:36
Hello All

Just wondered if anyone on the inside could shed some light on the current recruitment sittuation within NetJets Europe.

Is the company still taking on FO's and is there still a minimum of 1500TT required ?

Just wondering whether 1000TT (currently flying commercially on TP's) would do, seeing as NetJets have been taking on guys 'n gals straight from flight school recently.

Any info would be gratefully received !

Cheers

On standby
10th Jul 2007, 20:58
I'm on the Indoc in 4 weeks (6th August), could anyone tell me what the schedule is? Do you get the middle weekend off in Lisbon or is it work everyday. Any info' appreciated.

PPRuNeUser0215
11th Jul 2007, 14:14
I'm on the Indoc in 4 weeks (6th August), could anyone tell me what the schedule is? Do you get the middle weekend off in Lisbon or is it work everyday. Any info' appreciated.

One day off during the mid week end. The beach is 5 minutes away from the airport and if the water is cold, it is nice to go for a swim after a day in the classroom.

Classicway
18th Jul 2007, 06:16
Does anyone have a Netjets Ops manual part A? It looks like I might be getting a job with them soon, want to do some studying. Much appreciated :D

CL300
18th Jul 2007, 09:00
You will have a lot of time during the indoc and after your sim to have it right..On top of it you really want your part B for your aircraft. Part A is more or less JAR Ops Stuff except FTL which are the portuguese ones.
Know JAR OPS you will be fine..

jack72116
23rd Jul 2007, 13:48
Hi, i sent my application about 20 days ago. Currently no answer from them. Does anybody knows if this is normal?
Thanks

norwegian pilot
23rd Jul 2007, 18:26
IF you could choo choose between a job flying a Challenger 604 for Global Jet and a job with Netjets, what would YOU do?

bizantin
23rd Jul 2007, 20:06
GLOBALJET, no doubt!

HermanTheGerman
24th Jul 2007, 07:47
...still no letter, no call, nothing. One of my mates got his "no thank you" letter 2 weeks after the interview. strange...

N4641P
30th Jul 2007, 20:51
This must have happened when I was off. No story heard like that.

1500TT is the requirement, shortly shy of that is acceptable if you are actively flying. It is an insurance thing. Just apply in a few months and get someone to refer you preferably.

Cheers.

Smeagel
31st Jul 2007, 21:53
IF you could choo choose between a job flying a Challenger 604 for Global Jet and a job with Netjets, what would YOU do?

As Bizantin said, Global Jet without hesitation. They have a better reputation and you will know which type you will be flying in advance.

IF they are lowering their requirements I would not be surprised. All is not well on the hiring front. Quantity and certainly quality are down and how many resignations so far this year? 50? 60? Be interesting to see how those figures change as December looms closer.

clt123
6th Aug 2007, 12:19
Well, not quite 2 weeks since the interview but...
Has anyone heard any results from the interviews at FBN 25,26,27 of July?

:ugh::ugh::ugh: this wait is getting looong... But I am still hoping :ok:

Pull Up Whoop Whoop
6th Aug 2007, 23:38
I currently a FO with two of the types on my licence that Netjets operate but have less than the required 1500 hrs, has anyone else been in a similar position and applied, and what was the outcome?

redsnail
7th Aug 2007, 10:09
Found a pic of Smeagel working out a new post.
Smeagel (http://www.funpic.hu/en.picview.php?id=19747)

berkut
7th Aug 2007, 10:11
i have just heard, that the assessors where not quite happy with the performance of the candidates in FBN 10 day ago... :ugh: :{

clt123
7th Aug 2007, 17:28
Ouch... And I felt pretty good when I walked out of there...:ouch:

berkut
7th Aug 2007, 17:32
I just heard 1 assessor saying, that the average was lower then expected. that means nothing for the individual....:ok:

clt123
7th Aug 2007, 18:31
There is still hope! I shall keep my phone close by my side for yet some time! ;)

Funny, my phone seem to never have been this quiet before...:rolleyes:

berkut
7th Aug 2007, 18:35
I can understand this. Wish you all the best :D

clt123
7th Aug 2007, 18:48
Thank you!

I really hope to get it. The people I have met associated with Netjets have been really cool. Seems to be a great group of people to work with, and that I find to be one of the most important aspects of a job. :)

Smeagel
7th Aug 2007, 23:49
Found a pic of Smeagel working out a new post.

Charming. Thought you were on the side of the angels?

Actually I was working out a use for the NJE contract. Strangely there were a few pages missing. The one about seniority. Tax for non-Uk residents was nowhere to be found. Details, details, details.

Smeagel
7th Aug 2007, 23:55
Do you have a pulse?

If yes, you are in with a chance. See other comments in the interview threads, NJE are just not getting the applicants they need. Quantity slowed to a dribble, quality questionable, resignations increasing despite the 'best package in the industry', they'll take anyone they can get.

Things are so bad even the Ops Director has (finally) been flying. 'Interesting' apparently;)

CL300
8th Aug 2007, 06:37
Smeagel, with no make up, and after a tiring tour....The Redsnail goddess did not want to embarass you , I'm sure....

Did you flush afterwards ? I mean, you know..well uhhh,...ok...

Another story,

It takes 2,5 W, 2 liters of water, and 1 kg of tree to make ONE A4 size papersheet.

To print this same sheet on a laser printer, it is creating as much carbon than an typical Super-midsize jet during 4 minutes at altitude....

your use of this paper for this (morning ?) activity is therefore very Green :)

Congratulations !!

Smeagel
8th Aug 2007, 07:40
Thanks CL

It's all part of the NJE drive to reduce their carbon footprint. I'm all for it if it guarantees the bonuses for the people at the top :hmm:

clt123
8th Aug 2007, 23:10
Got the call today! :ok:
Now just waiting for the letter to get here as welll!!

Any advice on what to think of or prepare before indoc and training? Good bank accounts to set up or other tips for making things in life run smoother as a netjets pilot?

thanks!

berkut
9th Aug 2007, 03:23
Congratulations :D:D:D:D

5 RINGS
10th Aug 2007, 09:55
Hi Smeagel!

I'm also short of NJE requirement (by just 20/30hrs), just finishing my Capt transition on the Kingair 200 at the moment, 400+ two crew ops on type under OPS1...is it worth sending my cv with slight anticipation?

cheers

redsnail
10th Aug 2007, 10:14
Send it. What do you have to lose?

5 RINGS
10th Aug 2007, 14:45
impress them the wrong way by applying while not strictly meeting their requirements. Personally I hate people that make me waste my time. I'm gonna wait for the mighty 1500, wont' be that long.

Flintstone
10th Aug 2007, 18:43
Or on the other hand get your foot in the door by applying when close to the requirement. The process is not immediate and by the time they get around to processing your application you'll be nearer. Strange things happen, minimums change, companies become even more desperate.

I'm curious 5 Rings. How much experience on the other side of the interview table do you have to base your advice upon?

berkut
15th Aug 2007, 13:37
Hi guys

Anybody here in the forum who has been contacted by NJE to offer you a job, who has attended at the assessment in LBG September 5.-7.??

Flintstone
15th Aug 2007, 13:58
Anybody here in the forum who has been contacted by NJE to offer you a job, who has attended at the assessment in LBG September 5.-7.??

*Flintstone checks calendar

How did they attend? By time machine?

berkut
15th Aug 2007, 14:03
Dear flintstone
Sorry, u'r right of course. I was asking about august ..........

FLYR1
15th Aug 2007, 22:20
hey berkut, is that you, M.R.? ;)
I've been there Aug.5. got the call today, I'm in. Starting indoc Dec.10.
:D

cheers,
flr

beers on me!

15th Aug 2007, 23:26
Flintstone checks calendar

How did they attend? By time machine?

Hey Flistone, It sounds a bit harsh! Not all of us speak as good english as you do or use the keypad/board as well you seem to do.

If the Challenger was as slick and as "maniable" as a boomrang you could fly back in time. I don't think you would notice though. you would need to move south. I have to say it wouldn't be from Victoria Road, you would have to be much further south. (According to some scientists )

For those who wants to apply just do it. You should receive a letter/email whichever way, I think, I write, I ring, I hope and ring again. Yes I did it for myself and for friends. Tomorrow is another day, more so in NTA.

Keep it up.

berkut
16th Aug 2007, 01:40
Dear FLYR1
No, I'm not the mentioned one. anyhow...
Congratulations.

jockeypants
16th Aug 2007, 10:00
Congratulations FLYR1!

The feeling of acheiving something you wish for is great!

Perhaps you'll consider sharing your experince on the inteview day? Or if you prefer by email!

Hope to post a message similar to yours in the near future..

berkut
16th Aug 2007, 10:14
@ jockeypants

If you would like to know something about the interview in LBG, write me a PN. I try to write down the quetions I had. :hmm:

Salute

Flintstone
17th Aug 2007, 21:40
Errrr, 2604. It was a joke and berkut took it in the spirit it was intended.

As for the rest of whatever that was you wrote I'm sure it was wickedly funny in your head but I couldn't make any sense of it. Sorry.

OM inbound
18th Aug 2007, 18:45
Is it a normal practice at NJE not to acknowledge an application from high time pilots (7000+TT, 4000+ jet, and 1400 TP)??? I emailed my application form back in May, and did not even get the “try to apply elsewhere” letter.

Flintstone
18th Aug 2007, 19:26
How can I put it?

You wouldn't be the first :ugh:

19th Aug 2007, 19:41
Flintstone

Errrr, 2604. It was a joke and berkut took it in the spirit it was intended.

As for the rest of whatever that was you wrote I'm sure it was wickedly funny in your head but I couldn't make any sense of it. Sorry.

Ah sorry, obviously the mix of "seriousness" and joke together doesn't work for some of us. Never mind.

Flintstone
19th Aug 2007, 20:16
Ah sorry, obviously the mix of "seriousness" and joke together doesn't work for some of us. Never mind.

That's ok, you'll get the hang of it. In fact I'll bet you can even tell whether I'm being serious or funny right now.

See?

FLYR1
21st Aug 2007, 15:28
@jockey, pm sent.

...different topic, who's got FRA as gateway?
Would somebody flying out of there reading this please get in contact with me by pm? :ok:
Many thanks, rgds,
flr

iwagg
9th Sep 2007, 17:56
Any info on NJE interviews, such as process, questions, sim-ride would be grately appreciated.
Thanks!

Flintstone
9th Sep 2007, 19:46
iwagg.

You could wait for someone to reply or you could try the search function up there ^^^^

I'll put money on which one gets you the info quickest ;)

falconbis
9th Sep 2007, 21:49
Don t worry there are so desperated that they even call back the ones who failed a few months ago....:ok:

FourGreenNoRed
9th Sep 2007, 23:06
Falconbis, any trace of truth besides the asumption? Does this really happen? Facts please! :rolleyes:

Smeagel
9th Sep 2007, 23:11
Falconbis is basing his comment on fact.

In which case your assumption that he is not would be wrong, no?

So instead of the sarcastic emoticon and the "BS" heading to your post how about a bit of common courtesy?

FourGreenNoRed
10th Sep 2007, 07:49
Well allright, but the accusation weights quite heavy, would be nice to read some more details / facts from FB.

Or are there any readers out there in the PPRUNE world which can contribute their experiences regarding this matter?
Any new hires which were turned-down initially and then hired at the end? It sounds like they hire applicants which were tested and didnt succeed and got hired at the end?
Or did they not fulfill the min. requriements and then got the call after they accomplished the hours or the MCC?

Post please!

falconbis
11th Sep 2007, 07:35
If it wasn t true I won t waste my time to post it... I just like to remind you that when you fail the sim Netjets tells you that you can reapply for an interview in 1 year ! Its seems that they went for a short cut on this one ..

5 RINGS
11th Sep 2007, 13:12
Hello NJE guys!

Can anybody tell me how long it usually takes to the company to call back a candidate once the application has been submitted?

I already received an e-mail stating my application will come under close scrutiny...

Thanks

5 Rings

lharle
11th Sep 2007, 13:45
sent on friday morning, received the e mail 2 hours after, received the phone call monday morning at 9h00.

good luck.

falconbis
12th Sep 2007, 10:06
Any more evidence that they are desperated ...that s why they are calling back the ones who have failed in the past...they are going lower and lower on standard.. to be Cpt on G5 they started with 6000h then lower to 4000h now they just went lower again to 3000 h !

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
12th Sep 2007, 14:27
Do they always send an email first?

johnbull69
13th Sep 2007, 16:58
What is the take home pay for a captain and fo on the new deal?

FormerFlake
14th Sep 2007, 18:34
The company has just hired some one who they had already blacklisted as unsafe.:ugh::ugh::ugh: Scraping the bottom of the jar.

Scroll Lock
14th Sep 2007, 21:11
**** !!
:=

FourGreenNoRed
14th Sep 2007, 21:33
Sorry, bad post, had to delete it!!

hawkerpilot
14th Sep 2007, 22:05
"Any more evidence that they are desperate "

Too many have realized that Netjets is not the job they hoped it would be, and they leave within a year.

I have seen it from both sides, flew for them, got fed up and moved on ,back to the airlines.

Where most of us come from anyhow. Yes it is boring sometimes, but mostly not. More important, much less frustration, much less messed around.

It is clear that the management has not learned a thing since I left. Too bad for them but the pilots will go where work is best, it is a pilots market now, lots of jobs.

They will not be able to sustain their operation if the outflow of experienced pilots will continue at the current rate.

Hopefully this will not lead to safetyimplications, but experience cannot be bought off with money.something to think about Netjets management! people do not stay for your generous salary........... Fly safe.

5 RINGS
15th Sep 2007, 16:00
Hello Gentlemen!

just been told that NJE will run an open day at Paris CDG Hyatt next week.

Can anybody tell me what can be expected from this?

I will be enjoying well deserved holidays at that time, and I just want to assess if a day trip would be worth. I sent them my application a week ago.

Thank you to NJE insiders for their views.

5 Rings

CL300
15th Sep 2007, 16:17
This is just a presentation of the company, free drinks...
If you have a resume handy , people from recruitment will be present.
IT IS NOT A RECRUITMENT SESSION, it is a road show.
another one will be held in BRU.
Here is time and dates :
Paris
When:
19 Sept 17:00-20:00
20 Sept 10:00-13:00
Where:
Hyatt Regency – Paris – Charles de Gaulle
351, Av. Du Bois de la Pie
Paris Nord II, Roissy CGD
Brussels
When:
21 Sept 17:00-20:00
22 Sept 10:00-13:00
Where:
Sheraton Brussels Airport
Place Rogier 3 I B-1210 I Brussels I Belgium
These are the target for french and belgium speaking crews, of course English will be spoken somehow.; LoL
More roadshows are scheduled more news here :
http://www.netjetseurope.com/careers/

5 RINGS
15th Sep 2007, 16:40
Thank you for the swift answer!

much appreciated!

5 Rings

Duck Rogers
15th Sep 2007, 17:37
Remind me to recalculate Netjets advertising bill on here.

Gulfstreamaviator
15th Sep 2007, 18:44
I applied, rather out of boredom. 59yrs, +1100hrs, 600 on G5 and G550, FAA JAA. Told I was too old. Thought agism was banned in job recruitment.

Glf

hawkerpilot
15th Sep 2007, 20:55
Excellent Idea Mike! That will help them to compensate for all those who leave.

I suggest 60+ and even 65+, next to that they can look at under 18.:}

I am sure they will work it out. it is a win-win situation !

Or am I starting to talk like a manager now?:E

scambuster
16th Sep 2007, 11:17
I understand someone was interviewed recently (a month or two ago) aged around 59-60 and was provisionally offered a position in anticipation of Portugal coming into line with the over 60 rule in the near future:D

tommieke
18th Sep 2007, 09:32
Hello sir

I am a captain 6000 hr working for brusselsairlines for over 10 years now

Our salery (netto) is dramatic compaired to netjets,...

So I was reading with a lot of intrest your message here on the site

Why were you not sattisfied anymore?
Are there things I have to keep in mind if I go?

Thanks for the anwser in advance

tommieke
18th Sep 2007, 09:36
Hello

I read you will be hired by netjets for the job,...

It is also my dream to work for them,...

Can you give me some tips about there technical questions, interviews and simulator?

I would appreciate your help

greetz

tommieke
18th Sep 2007, 09:39
It would be very kind of you if you give me some more information about the interview itself

Which questions,...what about the sim etc,...

Thank you very much in advance

tommieke
18th Sep 2007, 09:42
hello sir

i am very intrested to hear why so many pilots are leaving the company

i find it bizar for a growing company with lots of potential,...

Can you explain me a litlle bit more about this exodus?

thank you very much

tommieke
18th Sep 2007, 10:03
Hello all
Is there someone out there who is able and willing to give me some more info about the interview in paris
What questions can I EXPECT AND WHAT ABOUT THE SIMULATOR?

I am looking forward for some answers

regards

south coast
18th Sep 2007, 10:19
Tommie tanker

You got a stutter or something?

Have you seen how many pages there are on this topic....how about you take an hour and actually read through it first.

CHENE
18th Sep 2007, 16:25
I applied one week ago. I sit the pre interview by phone one day after and i haven't any news about the main interview date?
Is it a normal duration of waiting ( 5 days) ?

nimrod
18th Sep 2007, 17:06
Chene - my experience was a two week wait between telephone interview and receiving details of the assessment day. So do not worry, if they say that they will contact you, they will. And good luck on the day.

Riker
18th Sep 2007, 18:14
Two questions:

1. What aircraft types have recent newhires gone to (Bravo, XL, Hawker)? I understand it could be whatever fleet needs pilots at the time.

2. When are the Falcon 7Xs expected on the line? What is the delivery rate?

Cheers

CHENE
18th Sep 2007, 19:32
Thanks a lot Nimrod

Just for my information are you a former Nimrod pilot (because your call sign?)
I am a former ATL 2 captain (french maritime patrol)