PDA

View Full Version : EO SID In Go-Around in Madrid

Mach trim
9th May 2007, 20:09
Say if you are in Madrid Barajas and doing an ILS 33R and you have an Engine Failure in the Go Around.
Scenario 1 HOT and Heavy
Scenario 2 Light and Cold temps.

They are doing departures on 36R.
There is an engine out departure procedure for 36R.
( at 2600 feet turn right to 090 interecept the 360 Radial,etc )

When would you do the published missed approach or the engine failure procedure ? WIth the engine failure in the go around.

With terrain in consideration ? Take offs on runway 36r.

A penny for your thoughts ? Cheers.

alatriste
9th May 2007, 21:11
The critical scenario arises when aproaching 33R and departing from 36L, SID and miss aproach procedure intersect. When aproaching aircraft is close enough to 33R THR,take offs are not authorized from 36L.
The GA manouver or intention must be reported ASAP.
I would fly the standard miss aproach even in engine out conditions.

mcdhu
10th May 2007, 19:20
My Company's EO Sid for 36L is similar to the Map for 33L so I would stick with the standard Map ie ahead, left towards 'ACD' and left again to the 'GE' to hold at 5000 which keeps you away from the high ground - sorry I can't be more specific, don't have the appropriate docs at home.

Cheers,
mcdhu

renard
12th May 2007, 08:59
I fly into Madrid and the Missed Approach Procedures are a bit complex compared to most oter airports.
However, you surely must fly the missed approach procedure because:

1. It is what ATC is expecting. Do they know you emergency turn procedure? It may well be different to mine.

2. Missed approach procedures are designed to be flown engine out - if you are not above the max landing weight for that approach you will meet the terrain restrictions/ WAT climb limits.

3. Engine out emergency turns etc are designed for take offs. At Madrid, it is likely that you will start the Go Around at approx 120 kts, 200' AAL and before the start of the runway.

Wingswinger
12th May 2007, 11:19
I you ever have the misfortune to go around at MAD you will have to be VERY firm with ATC. I've done it once when I had a gear malfunction on approach. It was bedlam! They will try to run you out of fuel with vectors half way to Malaga. 1800 kgs later (A320) we landed.

OzExpat
13th May 2007, 12:35
2. Missed approach procedures are designed to be flown engine out
Oh no they are not. It doesn't matter whether the procedure is designed to TERPs or Pans Ops criteria, the published missed approach does not normally cater for a climb gradient of less than 2.5%.

airseb
13th May 2007, 14:00
actually it does

you fly the missed approach track and accelerate to clean or hold speed at 1500' aal or the published acceleration altitude. the go around track gives you 2,5° angle and is protected from obstacles. that's why you have to calculate your engine out climb angle performance in relation with temp/qnh/wind/weight in certain places (ie marseille landing 13 or naples 24)

for madrid it's compulsory to fly the go around procedure and inform atc asap

input from the locals would be interesting

seb

A-3TWENTY
16th May 2007, 09:21
despite beeing single engine you are supposed to comply with the approach climb gradients , so I would follow the standard missed approach