PDA

View Full Version : Float employment

dabeuk
22nd Apr 2007, 02:31
Hi all,

comming over to B.C from new zealand and converting my license with juan air and doing a float rating with ocean air in Victoria. can anyone tell me if these schools have a good/muddy rep?

ive got around 900tt mostly single engine air transport
about 500 of strip.
after having done a float rating with say 15-20 hours in a 180, is gaining employment in the float industry a realistic possibilty? where would be a good place to start looking to get my first float oppertunity?

Thankyou :)

dabeuk

altiplano
22nd Apr 2007, 23:30
I posted in your other thread before reading this one.
If float employment is what you're after with low time it is hard to get right in a machine.
The dock angle is the most common route. BUT make sure you are getting checked out and getting a chance to fly non-rev legs or getting some dual - not just loading planes. After a season you should have aquired enough hours to get into the 180 next year as a full time gig.
Or get on with an operator that operates off of both wheels and floats (and probably skis in the winter) and get your foot in that way.
Good luck.
BTW - Juan Air is a good school, don't know anything about Ocean Air. But Fort Langley Air is a really good float school for what it's worth.

rotornut
25th Apr 2007, 18:18
C-180 FLOAT PLANE PILOT required summer 2007, Saskatchewan. Contact 306-867-8068 or 306-867-7725.

From The Western Producer - Issue 2007-04-26 - maybe it's worth a try.

http://www.producer.com/subscriber/classifieds/master.php?section=400

dabeuk
26th Apr 2007, 01:32
Thanks mate, ill definatly look into that!

cheers

dabuek:}

PaddyPaddy
3rd May 2007, 17:41
www.avcanada.ca has lots of float jobs listed. Its a good time for float guys just keep trying.