PDA

View Full Version : Low visibility Ops - Airborne call ? - Runway vacated, yes ( Germany )

Engine3firehandle
6th Apr 2007, 17:15
Hi,
I got this little problem where we had a discussion about ( Instructor and me )
In LVO Operation you got to make a call when the runway is vacated. Tower can´t see you, which is understandable.
Now I had been learning in my early days, that we have to make a airborne call to the tower, when departing in LVO.
In Germany it is normal ( except Munich ) to switch over to departure after T/O when airborne.
Does anyone know what is correct and maybe where this is written down ?
A controller should know, or ?
Thanks for any Info..
Engine3firehandle
( stressed out from the simulator )

Engine3firehandle
7th Apr 2007, 13:37
Hi, doesn´t anyone know the rules.... ?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Jerricho
7th Apr 2007, 14:10
Maybe no German controllers have seen this. It is Easter weekend and all.

Engine3firehandle
7th Apr 2007, 17:22
you are right.
i got to work so..
sims are open at frankfurt...
wish to get a break..

eagleflyer
8th Apr 2007, 18:04
Have a look at the SID description. As far as I know on every German airport except Munich you have to call the departure frequency when airborne, regardless of flight conditions. To me LVP don´t make any difference to VMC ops (departurewise).

Engine3firehandle
8th Apr 2007, 21:02
Sorry, maybe I was not exact enough.
When in LVO conditions RVR less than 400m, is it mandatory to call airborne after departure, as it is mandatory ( what I know for sure ) to make after landing a "runway vacated" call, when on the taxiway, behind the crossing lights..
Departure call is mandatory in Germany. But I mean a call to the tower before switching to Radar.
is it too special ? Maybe i should write an email to DFS about it :confused:

DFS = Deutsche Flugsicherung = ATC Germany

Saigor
12th Apr 2007, 15:28
I checked the AIP and asked a few colleges. There is neither a need to call airborne nor to call RWY vacateed (or clear of color coded lights in case of LVP).

If you give that reports - fine - but they are not mandatory (except they are requested by the controller). I guess it is the same at the other 'bigger' airports, but i can't be sure in that case.

Greetings

Saigor

Spitoon
12th Apr 2007, 16:32
As far as I know there are no standard rules for this - although you may find some airports have AIP entries with local procedures.

Whether a controller wants to know about airborne or runway vacated will depend on a lot of things. For example if something else depends on knowing that the runway is no longer occupied, say, to give the next inbound a landing clearance. It will also depend on what type of equipment there is available to the controller - a good 'Advanced-Surface Movement Guidance and Control System, A-SMGCS, will normally tell the controller everything he or she needs to know.

Then there are individual controller preferences - some ask for such a report simply for confrmation that your day is not going horribly wrong!

Engine3firehandle
12th Apr 2007, 18:41
Thanks Saigor and thanks Spitoon

this was a good news, since I was told it is mandatory a long time ago and my instructor told me - only runway vacated is mandatory..

so nothing is mandatory and just a technic..
if not mentioned in some special AIP which we do not have..

Saigor by the way... I used to fly out of Munich the A340/330/346 ;-)
mostly the late evening flights..that come home so early in the morning
you know which ones :-)

Danke fürs Nachschauen

Saigor
12th Apr 2007, 20:53
Kein Problem ;)

Working that shift often enough......:zzz:

Saigor