PDA

View Full Version : PPL Atlantic or Stapleford??

ali84
3rd Apr 2007, 16:28
Hi every1
Ive been trying to get a lesson with my local flying club(Northumbria) for the past week, but they been messing me around. So ive deciced to do the full PPL course full time, but cant decide wether to go with Atlantic Flight Training or Stapleford, Ive been in touch with both of them via the phone and they both seem pretty good. I think the only plus side of Atlantic is that they have a cadet scheme option, which may give me an edge to getting sellected for it....but would it make a diiference at the end of the day??. Any advice would be appreciated, as im hoping to start by the end of the month. Ive got my class 1 medical appointment next week, since hopefully i wanna go commerical at the end of the day.

Cheers

Ali

PS or shud i consider any other flying schools??

Callsign Kilo
3rd Apr 2007, 16:44
I did my PPL at SFC, and I must say it was excellent. Because I was on a Commercial Course I was geared towards being trained at a Commercial standard. The instuctors at Stapleford are top notch and very helpful, and to be honest I never met a bad one amongst several. They have a large fleet of basic trainers C152s and PA28s, own their own airfield (so no landing fee charges) and train within some of the busiest airspace in the country (which is great for developing RT skills and situational awareness). Doing my PPL in the South East also gave me a 'leg up' when it came to the CPL because I was aware of the airfield procedures,the airspace and training area. I don't think you can go far wrong with Stapleford!
Good luck

BlueRobin
3rd Apr 2007, 17:21
Seen this?
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=269801