PDA

View Full Version : SEP class rating revalidation

Quarto
28th Mar 2007, 10:23
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help with my query?
I have a lapsed SEP rating (lost validity June 2006). Unfortunately due a variety of reasons and circumstances I have been unable to fly since I achieved the PPL in 2004.
I now have the opportunity to revalidate the SEP rating on my licence and was wondering what the requirements are. I have read and re-read LASORS and I am under the impression that I will have to take the General Skills Test that was required for issue of the PPL.
2.b (ii) For revalidation of single-pilot
single-engine piston aeroplane (land)
class ratings or touring motor glider class
ratings (or both) the applicant shall on
single-engine piston aeroplanes (land) or
touring motor gliders (as the case may
be) satisfy the requirements specified in
paragraph 1.245(c)(1) of Section 1 of
JAR-FCL 1.
2.c (ii) If a single-pilot single-engine class rating
has expired, the applicant shall complete
the skill test in accordance with the
requirements specified at Appendix 3 to
paragraph 1.240 of Section 1 of JAR-FCL
These are the two paragraphs from LASORS. They both mention JAR-FCL 1. Where can this document be found?
Will the skills test be identical to the one flown for the PPL?
If anyone knows any more information I would be very pleased to hear it.
I’ve booked some instruction time and I am really looking forward to getting back in the air.
Kindest regards,
Quarto

the dean
28th Mar 2007, 10:59
hi quarto,

i am an examiner in jaaland and so, not terribly familiar with your requirements but essentially i think they are not a lot different since JAR/FCL seems to apply...

the answer is yes..the skills test is essentially the same as the PPL initial test...with one or two exceptions...for instance..i generally would not do a full cross country again with someone who held a PPL previously...but that would depend on hjow long they had it and how mayn hours they had previously done of x/c flying. mind you, if i fould that they then failed or got a partial pass then on the next occasion i would include a x/c as part of the test..

i think you can google JAA regs.

hope thats of some help but i suppose you better wait for someone mor familiar with your flight testing to answer.

good luck wityh the LST.:ok:

the dean.

Mike Cross
28th Mar 2007, 11:14
The document you want is here. (http://www.jaa.nl/publications/jars/607069.pdf) Page 112. It's not the same as the requirements for the Skills Test for initial issue, which is on Page 60.

Whopity
28th Mar 2007, 19:43
I am under the impression that I will have to take the General Skills Test that was required for issue of the PPL.NO! The initial Issue PPL Skill test is only ever used for initial issue. The Skill Test that you take for Renewal of an expired rating is exactly the same as the Proficiency Check that you take to revalidate a current one. There is a navigation section that is at the discretion of the examiner and will simply determine that you can still navigate; if you have lapsed for a long time the examiner may require you to do a little more.

The content of the test is here:
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FORSRG1157.pdf