PDA

View Full Version : EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Samya
3rd Mar 2007, 11:42
Thanks for the advice Ju Ev. I've already scheduled to have my photos taken tomorrow by a pro. Just in case anyone out there cares... :}

There is an open day in Prague today, and I am devastated, because I have to work today, and I couldn't attend. :sad: I checked the website, and it seems, that Emirates won't be coming round this area for the next couple of months. But I will NOT give up :=

Kisses

Ju Ev
3rd Mar 2007, 16:51
I'm sorry about that Samya. But don't be sad, they came back to Brasil many times. They were here in the end of 2006 , and than after in January again. There isn´t written on the site, but on the interview a brazilian who was working with the Emirates team said they will come back to recruit surely before july again.

So be positive because they can come to your part of the world again even earlier than you expect! :ok:

All the best,

Ju EV

Ju Ev
3rd Mar 2007, 16:59
Hi people!! I have sent my medicals by fax on Thursday. The were aparently preety good.
After sending the exams by fax, I sent them an e-mail telling that I had sent the exams by fax, and asking a question about some online course that I should take but the password wasn't working.

They haven't answered none of them up until today. :bored: (ok, only two days passed since someone told me they don't work on Fridays)

Does anybody remember how long after sending the medicals they might return you? And are they calling or sendind an e-mail??

Apart from this, do you remember if your password for this online course was your joiners number??? I must take this, but it's not working with this number. :ugh:

Thanks to all of you!
Ju Ev

lilou_21
3rd Mar 2007, 18:56
Can anyone tell me how are Ek open days being carried out?

Ju Ev
3rd Mar 2007, 21:46
On page 7 of the previous posts I have described in details the openday I have attended. On page 5 there is also someone else discribing his openday in England.

Hope it helps :)

Ju EV

Le Luck
5th Mar 2007, 09:32
I wish I’ve pass through all the process of the assessment to be one of the EK CC but unfortunately I couldn't make it via the final round. I knew my mistake, it's ‘cos I’m stress with the simple discussion given.

Good News is I've pass the assessment and medical check for JAL (wait for training) and I've passed the assessment but on the process of medical check. I'm thinking of not taking it (both) and wait for Emirates to come again. I'm not sure if I have made the right decision.:confused:

I love to work for Emirates and look forward to be one of the team.

smiad
5th Mar 2007, 13:41
Le Luck,

Definitely do not throw away the chance you have with the other airline!! You have to wait a year to reapply with emirates if you made it through to the final interviews.

In that year you could be gaining experience!!!:)

cirrus17
5th Mar 2007, 14:20
ju- your joiners number is not correct for the online courses. you will be sent a candidate numer when they approve your medicals. which can take 2-6 weeks.
hang in there, it's just a matter of waiting for that call at 5am!

Le Luck
6th Mar 2007, 02:15
Smiad,

Thank you for encouraging me to go for the chance given – I will go for medical check up soon (have been late for a week though) and go through all process with EY. ;)

With EK - I didn’t make through the final ‘cos I’m not doing well at the 2nd Group Discussion (the one after English test) I can felt it that I’m stress :yuk: and don’t speak up :oh: so I would’ve to wait for another 6 months to reapply.

Best Regards,

Le Luck:)

Ju Ev
6th Mar 2007, 04:54
Hi people.

I'm really upset now. I have sent all my medicals by fax last wednesday.
I have been calling them all day long, for some days, but they never answer the phone!

Finally, I got a woman on the phone now and she said that I haven´t received a call yet because I should have sent all the medical information, including copy of the exams translated by a doctor or an official translator in English!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's stupid because they haven't written this in anywhere. They just wrote that a doctor should fill THEIR forms in English, but not about every single exam we took it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

For those who are having trouble filling the online course form the company due to the password, another mistake: It is to be done only after being approved, even though this in their papers it is a pre-joining formality. So the password is the staff number, not the joiners number!!! :mad:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NICE..........

And I am a mounth from their date of traveling.... and I still don't know anything about it, due to their disorganization.... now I will have to find a Doctor with excellent English to translate every single word...:ugh:

Well, I hope it has at least a very happy end!! :}

ands
6th Mar 2007, 08:42
Hi everyone.

If you look back through this thread, you'll notice that i asked a whole heap of questions about an Open Day that i was planning on attending in mid-February. Unfortunately, i didn't make it through the (incessant) group rounds on the second day, but here is a really brief round down of what happened to me.

Arrived about 45mins prior to the start of the Open Day. There were already about 25 people there at that point. By the time the Open Day started, there would have been way more than 150 people. They had to split the group. They simply filled the room up, and once they missed their maximum number, they asked everyone not in the room to come back in about 2 hours. So my advice, get there early and stay close the the front. Obviously don't push infront of people if they are already there, but definitely don't think to yourself: "Oh, i'm going to go and come back at nine". Unless you want to hang around.

So, got into the Open Day. There wasn't much to it. Simply hand in your C.V. and photos, the recruiter will ask a few questions, and that's it. Just be yourself. I was seated fairly close to the recruiters' desk, and there were a lot of people who just came across as trying "too hard". There were also people who forced conversations with the recruiters. I thought this was a little selfish: The recruiters had a lot of people to get through, everyone wanted to get their C.V. in and there were who knows how many people waiting for the next session/s. I just smiled, responded to what the recruiter asked, added information where necessary, etc. My interaction lasted a minute at the most. The interviewer wouldn't take anything extra (not that i offered, because i'd heard her refuse to take other peoples' documents). But take along everything, just in case your recruiter works differently/the process changes. Better to be prepared.

While people were handing in their C.Vs, everyone else just watched videos about EK and the Dubai, etc, and talked with each other.

Went home. Got a phone call to come back the next day.

Came back the next day. Was surprised that some people hadn't received a call back. In particular, two very genuine and engaging people who I think would have been ideal. However, i'm (obviously) not the one to decide. Anyway, this day just involved group round, a cull, group round, a cull, and so on. I didn't make it through the group rounds. However, can i just say be yourself. I felt that most people were being themselves in my sessions.

There is no point projecting a false image. I was myself the whole way through the process and it actually worked in my favour. "How?" I can hear you ask. "You didn't get through!" Yes, i didn't get through, but to be entirely honest, i'm not sure that my personality type is totally suited to EK. Each company has a unique culture, and i just don't think that EK is the best fit for me. I might reapply/attend another Open Day (just incase the impression of EK i got was a little skewed), but i think i'll also look into other airlines as well. Before the Open Day, i was really focused on EK (EK was my first airline recruitment experience). After the Open Day, however, i am a lot more open to other airlines. A 'perspective gaining' experience

I know that i have only vaguely described the day, but I don't think there is any point going into detail about a process that may change. Just show up and go with the flow!

Good luck everyone.

BRISBANEemirates

Re: passport photos
I had the same dillema. I just took along a head and photos shot and passport photos and asked the recruiter which one she would like to take. She said i could choose, so i don't think it matters.
Re: documents to prove your education.
The impression i got was that they'd ask for these when the time came (eg at the final interview). Take them with you just in case they do take them on the day.
Re: attire after the Open Day
I didn't notice any difference in people's dress after the Open Day. I'd say that girls will get away with a shirt and skirt, but it's probably safer to go for a skirt-suit.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

smiad
6th Mar 2007, 09:04
hey brisbaneemirates,

It says on the form they give you once you make it through to the final interview that its business attire, but it doesn't say specifically about a suit.

I would go and get a passport photo taken too.

They do ask for proof of your education, high school, uni etc.

Best of luck!!

smiad
6th Mar 2007, 09:17
i did a wee blurb, they get so many CVs a little info about your self helps them i guess! and I got all the way through so go for it!

sebby
6th Mar 2007, 09:53
The proof of education is only if you have stated that you have it?? isnt it.

I have no formal education beyond 3 years of secondary school and some courses I completed after that. The website says completion of high school or equivilant. I am currently crew, and have just received an email inviting me to the open day after applying and stating my education. Is it ok if you havent completed 5 years of secondary school?

smiad
6th Mar 2007, 11:50
yup sebby, you only give certificates if you state you've done something, i've done uni and had to show documentation. All they want is a high school diploma or equivelant.:)

sleepingbeauty
6th Mar 2007, 15:38
hello! what happened to your interview? what was that simple discussion you were stressed about. anyway, as they say, if its for you, it will be given. So dont give up! Apply and apply to other airline companies!:)

lilou_21
6th Mar 2007, 16:37
Hi all, n thanks Ju Ev for replying. Well have been invited for the OD next week where they mention that the dress code for ladies is knee length skirt or dress with stocking so it’s fine if I wear a skirt n a shirt or do I need a suit???

sebby
6th Mar 2007, 18:26
Yes I assume my 2 years of flying experience and nearly 7 years of full time customer service experience will count as "or equivelant". Ive done a few training courses aswell, including retail operations certificate.

Thanks for the replies! :)

Casablanca85
7th Mar 2007, 15:17
Hi Guys! Now writing from Dubai:-)))

It doesn`t matter to Emirates if you have any airline experience or not! Sometimes they even prefer new crew who do not have any cc experience because they can train them exactly the usual "Emirates Way"!!!!

Currently doing my traning courses but still wishing anybody good luck for joining us! Dubai is beautiful and you can only imagine in your dreams what is really going on here!

Bye bye honeys and we see each other:-)

diannedec
8th Mar 2007, 06:30
Is the 5 week training in Emirates hard?
Do really need to memorize the whole manual book?

How much pocket money you need to bring when you transfer to Dubai?
and necessary things to bring when going there?

Thanks!

helfsich
8th Mar 2007, 09:09
The 5 week training course isn't really hard, it's just there's a lot of information to digest in a short period of time. If you're committed to studying for the tests and applying yourself in the simulator excercises then you should be fine. Even if you're not comfortable with a certain component you can request to be put back a week just to be sure. I found those that struggled the most in my class were those who's grasp of the English language wasn't as good as needed, so be sure you're comfortable with English, as there is quite a bit of technical information and terminology you're required to know.

You don't end up memorising the entire manual (esp if you're not Airbus 310 trained) but you're expected to know everything you get taught in college. Every briefing you should have to answer one SEP and one First Aid question and if you're totally clueless about things then you could risk having a report done. I know of at least one crew sent back to training college because he didn't participate in briefings.

By contrast, service training was the easiest 2 weeks I spent in college. Just make sure your lipstick is applied at all times and you're set. The hardest part about it is bar paperwork, and even then it's quite easy to master.

Pocket money should be enough to last you approx. 2 days in dubai for groceries and anything else you may need for induction (eg, iron, toaster, kettle.) Appliances can be quite cheap here. On your first day of induction you get 2000dh cash up front which comes out of your basic salary.

Things to bring - a big warm coat and a pair of jeans. For cold layovers.

Hope that explains things a little

sleepingbeauty
8th Mar 2007, 11:30
i discovered this site last month and ive gained a lot of infos regarding emirates recruitment procedure. after getting tips and instructions here, i became a bit confident during my assessment this morning because i know already what to do and expect- honestly, it was really NERVE-RACKING!! very stressful!:eek: you actually dont know what to expect regarding the results. out of 51 or 60- there were only 5 of us left and i still cant believe i made it to the magic 5!:) its just WOW. praise the Lord!

im going to have my final interview next week and i dont know what to expect regarding that. about the reference letters they were asking, do i need to ask two reference letters from different employers? i dont really understand about that reference letter :) would anyone who is kind enough explain this? and re final interview, what if they dont like your answers, arent you going to be hired? working for the Emirates group is a dream i hope that will come true..:)

thealine
9th Mar 2007, 02:28
re: reference letters.I think they need 2 from different employers. from your current and from a previous one, or if you have flying experience from that airline. It would be better if you have them on your final interview as it would hasten your waiting period.

butterfly17
12th Mar 2007, 15:13
Hy,

I saw your medical exams issue.....I've been accepted as well, and i'm taking my medical exams now....Could you please tell me more about what they are requesting exactly?!?Aren't their forms completed by a doctor in English enough?!? Do I need to take each original result and translate it?!?
As far as I understood they will be examing us again when we arrive there....

Thanks in advance :)

Ju Ev
12th Mar 2007, 15:39
Well, at least that was told to me. That all my exams should be translated to English by a certified Doctor or an official State Translator (...) It's funny because it isn't written anywhere about it. But I did. I have sent it all translated last thirsday. I'm very sad about all this, because I have been involved with Emirates stages since January 21, and up until today no final answer.:sad: My date of traveling is April 5th.

Hope it helps.

butterfly17
13th Mar 2007, 12:16
Thanks so much for your reply :)
Now I can have everything ready and send it all at once...
I'm sure you are very tensed....especially cause you're leaving so soon and u don't have any answer yet....but it will be fine!!!
Hope to see u there....at the end of April!!!:)
And also, thanks for all the things u've posted here that helped all of us!!!

DECOFLY
15th Mar 2007, 20:10
I've been to Emirates Group website, where are the Open Days list, please? Sorry must be real simple but I can't see it xx:ugh:

smiad
16th Mar 2007, 05:06
hey sleeping beauty

I didn't have to do the raven test, but i went and looked up what it is and its a type of intelligence test, if you type it into google a lot of info comes up.

Maybe they gave it to you just to assess your fit further?

Don't panic, i have seen others who had to do it!:)

smiad
16th Mar 2007, 05:09
Once you get to the careers site, click cabin crew, the page refreshes giving you a small list, there this "CC open days and assessment days" click that and it should take you there!

mat2k
18th Mar 2007, 14:35
Hello everyone,

I registered in this forum because I received an e-mail saying that I was short listed and therefore invited to the recruitment open day.
I have a very stupid question but I can't figure out by myself since no one mentioned it before :
Are all the recruitment processes steps conducted in english or in the local language?

moka19
18th Mar 2007, 15:47
Hi guys!

I am thinking the possibility of applying fot FLy EMIRATES. I have some questions.
I dont have any experience as cabin crew. I am Spanish and speak English, Dutch and German. Although I am 30 years old.

Am I too old maybe for them?.
Are they looking people without experience or only if you are 20-25 years?.

More things?.
All the intervieuws are in english, no matter the country where the intervieuw was?

psicotenic test are difficult?

Ju Ev
18th Mar 2007, 19:09
Yes, the interviews are all English. You don´t need previous experience. The psicotecnic test isn't difficult, but it is also in English. It is made of 160 questions about you if I'm not wrong. About the age I'm not sure, maybe someone who is already working there can answer you.

Hope it helps

Ju Ev

mat2k
18th Mar 2007, 21:51
thank you Ju Ev...
btw I really enjoyed reading your posts about your progression through the selection process...
just like the others... it's fun to read what was posted one month ago before the actual open day, then just after the open day itself and then again, once people know they are accepted or unfortunately rejected! it's fun to see the progression...it gives hope and shows that indeed, some people can make it :p

mat2k
19th Mar 2007, 11:39
Again it's a non-native-english-speaker's question : How did you do if you never worked for a non native english speaker employer before? Do we must have an official translation?

Mr.XCNBY33S
19th Mar 2007, 12:09
Hi mat2k! Please specify your document type.
Are you regarding to:

1) your reference letters
2) proof of employment
3) application
4) Educational certification
?

1)Your reference letter, you do not have to prepare it.

2)Your proof of employment, I gave them in Japanese. They just simply
wanted me to jot it down saying "proof of employment" and that was it.

3)Application, you must have it in English.

4)As in educational certification, you do have to have it officially translated in English.

I hope this helps. :p

Mr.XCNBY33S
19th Mar 2007, 12:24
Hi moka19!
Well I browsed through some cabin crew websites and it seems like people who actually attended the opening days and for the people who were successful, it "seems" like they tend to hire people who are aged 20-27.

But this doesn't mean that there no possiblities or there's no chance for the people who are around 28-35.
There are alot of people who are around 30 and challenging their careers as a cabin crew.
If you really want the job, I guess the age doesn't matter.
Never give your dream up! You can do it!:)

sleepingbeauty
19th Mar 2007, 13:59
hello Mr.XCNBY33S! are you a japanese? and are you working for emirates now as a cabin crew? :)

Charlene85
19th Mar 2007, 15:21
Hey! Just wanted to say thanks for all the advise on here! You guys r really helpfull. Ive jst applied for emirates, i currently work in the marriott hotel in glasgow and after seeing emirates almost everyday for the last 9 months, ive decided to apply! Im worried about the recruitment process though, it seems so tough! But hopefully ill get a interview an ill jst keep checkin on here for advise!! Good luck to every1 who is in the recruitment process jst now an to every1 who has started their training. xx

moka19
19th Mar 2007, 18:17
Thank you Ju Ev!!

Your information has been very useful for me. Anyway I will try, you never know!

moka19
19th Mar 2007, 18:51
is it quite difficult EK call you to attend to an Assesment day?.
Normally they send you to the Global day?, and obsviously , there are quite more people.

Depends a lot your cv? your degree?, you experience in Customer Service?

Someone has been selected to attend to an Assesment Day?

I dont want to go far away from my country to an Open day, because maybe I can be rejected in the first 5 minutes.

Thank you!

easttowest
19th Mar 2007, 21:16
hey moka 19...

I've been with emirates for over a year now, and my best friend just turned 33, and yes!, we were both recruited at the same day..so dont worry!!!! you'll be fine...

EKBird
19th Mar 2007, 21:48
Hey all,

EK do not have an age limit as far as I am aware. When I joined 5 years ago, one of the guys that joined with me was 35. On their group careers website they only stipulate a minimum age requirement of 21. They do not mention an age limit.

mat2k
19th Mar 2007, 21:50
Oh yes, sorry for being so imprecise;I was talking about recomendation letter, something that we usually don't really do here in France...
what do you mean by "application"? I mean, which application?

Aiskilus
20th Mar 2007, 00:11
Hi Brisbanemirates,

I guess you have a valid concern here... when I was interviewed in an agency affiliated to EK, they told me the same thing. Here's exactly what happened 7 months ago...

I went to the venue in Manila. Got my height and weight measured, filled up my application form then my first interview. After the interview, the interviewer said, that I will have to wait for 6-8 weeks because at the time I applied walk in, there were no assessment going on yet... so, they told me that they'll forward my papers to Dubai and if i didn't receive any calls from them then I'll have to consider my application unsuccessful. :hmm:

I have a question, not only to you Brisbanemirates but to all who might have experienced the same thing. After my initial interview, they didn't ask me to comeback on a particular day for group interview etc that I should be going through as well but instead they just told me that they'll forward my application directly to Dubai and wait for 6-8 weeks. Do you have any idea why i didn't go through group interview first?

Thanks and goodluck:O

▲iskilÜs:)

Mr.XCNBY33S
20th Mar 2007, 02:00
Hi! Yes! I am a Japanese who's waiting for Emirates' phone call! I think we were some of the finalists in Japan yea?

Did you get anything, any signals from them yet?

Mr.XCNBY33S
20th Mar 2007, 02:06
Hey there mat2k!
As in recommendation letter, you don't need one from this time. Only the contact numbers of the two references are needed.

As in application, this is i.e, your CV, which you download from their webpage.

I hope this helps and sorry about the confusion.
Good luck man!:cool:

sleepingbeauty
20th Mar 2007, 02:08
hello everyone! yes, waiting is definitely hard, i guess. brisbaneemirates, waaahh im going crazy too! btw, when did you have your final interview?

aiskilus, re emirates application, maybe you're already qualified to be a part of the emirates cabin crew thats why you didnt have to join the assessment days or maybe the recruitment team really liked you! :)

sleepingbeauty
20th Mar 2007, 02:16
are you flying to dubai anytime soon now? goodluck to you!:)

smiad
20th Mar 2007, 10:30
hey brisbaneemirates,

my goodness girl...you sound like i did!! I had my interview end of jan boy was i nervous.Afterwards I spent the next weeks replaying the situation in my head, what i did, what i didn't, could've blah blah blah.

but i got a call, and i start soon.

My point is.....Just be positive, its too easy to stress about things, and you know what?you'd be the only one to doubt yourself because you are your toughest critic.

be cool hunny bunny!

Mr.XCNBY33S
20th Mar 2007, 10:34
BRISBANEemirates->I also heard that once you're accepted you receive a phone call FIRST, then a contract via email. Maybe that's what they meant..I am not sure.

I don't know anybody who's done really bad on the final interview but has been accepted.:confused: I think Emirates prefer you to act natural in front of them. I also hope the same thing as you BRISBANEemirates, I hope that they evaluate our over all GD, educational background, and work experience.

Sleepingbeauty-> I am 24, and sorry I didn't answer your previous question, as you may have guessed by now, I am a female:p .
Don't worry if this was your first real job interview, maybe the raven tests were for the ones who didn't have any real job experience. That makes sense, doesn't it?

They don't require you a reference letter anymore. You only need proof of employment, which is a proof that you've been working for such and such company for how long stating your name, your birthday and your address including seals from your previous or your current job.

As for the valid number they can take, I have no idea, but as I noted before, maybe less than they have expected, is my guess.

As for my batch, there were only 4 of them. I took mine on the 15th. I am Japanese but I am a half class. How about you? I assume that you're really young eh? But there's no need to worry! You have a chance equally as I have right now.:) We all do.

I assume people who's writing here and reading these comments are going through some major break downs about the result but...I just personally think that no matter how much we worry about the result, results won't change.;)

It's pretty hard for me not to think back again about the final interview as well, but honestly at the same time I am enjoying this process and I am very happy to see other people in the whole WORLD are going through the same thing and that we share some same feelings. It's just amazing to feel that we are connected right here. Isn't this great?!

Enough of my prayers, I have a question back.
Are you certainly sure that once you receive an email from them in 2 weeks, is a rejection? Is it a certain NO?

Ju Ev
20th Mar 2007, 16:43
Moka19, if you need anything, feel free to ask!;)
Sleepingbeauty, unfortunately I had some problems with my chest and heart x-ray. I think I made in a bad place here, and the report was too simple. They had asked me to send more details on that, even though it was saying that it was everything ok. So my advice for you people is do the exams is a very good place, and if possible, write an observation to the radiologist that you need a very detailed report. I also had to call them many times, since they weren't answering my e-mails about if the medicals were ok or not, and time was running!! ( And I was getting crazy!!!:eek: )

By now, my ticket is for the 5th of april, but I still haven't signed the contract (...) I will probably send them my new report tomorrow, since they asked it to be English........ And then, I will have to wait again for the reply. But if in 2 days they don't reply me, I will call them again.

People, really, be patient..... they take ages for everyting. And if you can, send your medicals by e-mail. Scan it and send it. I had sent by fax, and they have lost part of my papers, and it took them sometime to find it. She even asked me if I could resent everything by e-mail ( with scanner) again... I said yes, but only in some days, and them she replied saying that if she didn´t answer me in one day for me to call again ( probably because they would'n have found the medicals, but they did):rolleyes:

And by the way, I have received the e-mail some hours before the call concerning the result. So, there is no rule for that, don't worry about it. You might receive one or the other before. Just for you to know, I left all the documents perfectly in their hands, before they lived Brazil. This was February 6th. I received the call on the 21th of February. But my process was very complete, all oficially translated, with the letters of recommendation, passport copy, pictures etc.... I'm sure this made it all faster for them, and I had also written that I only nedded two weeks to get ready :ooh: , so I imagine that from Brazil I was one of the first to be called. My friend had some missing documents. He had to send them to Dubai. They took almost a month to call him...

Hope we can all make it! And feel free to write me if you need any help.:)

Ju Ev

ps:. Smiad, how are you doing? Don't freak out! hahahahaha:O !!!

Aiskilus
20th Mar 2007, 16:47
Sleepingbeauty,

How I wish it is that way:) . Yes the interviewer was a Filipino.

▲iskilus

Ju Ev
20th Mar 2007, 16:54
Of course we all can make it!:O If you have read my posts, you saw that I was ansious, desperate, insecure and when I was in this forum talking to people who are where I am at the moment, I always thought It was sooooo far away from me... It isn't easy to wait for their replies, for me this is a torture. It is hard when you don´t know what is going to happen to you... you can't make consistent plans, you don't feel like packing because you aren't really there yet, you never know what to say to your friends: "Maybe I'm going to be stewardess in DUbai" hahahaha! It is difficult, but I hope it is worth. Actually, people here made me believe it is worth!

Good Luck to you!!! And if you need help, count on me!:)

Mr.XCNBY33S
21st Mar 2007, 00:33
Muito Obrigada Ju Ev for clarifying my question!:)
So the result comes in email and a phone call..

As you have mentioned, I had all my documents perfectly ready as well, passport copy, educational certificate, photograph, proof of employment, etc..I guess that's why they told me it'll take only about 2 weeks and 4 weeks max to get my result!

But the problems are medicals, I am not sure if I can have my medicals done in English, and what did you do about your crminal record? Did they ask you to get one?:confused:

smiad
21st Mar 2007, 02:54
hello chika,

definitely freaking out less, they contacted me soon after i messaged you saying the radiographer had spelt my name wrong on the x-ray reprot, so i had to re-send that, no kidding. Within 20 minutes of them saying that i got that e-mail saying everything was there and approved!! HURRAHHHHH!!! So like you, i'm just sitting and waiting!!!:)

Username1
21st Mar 2007, 22:26
Fellow Ppruner's

I understand the anxiety associated with attending the Ek Interviews and furthermore the strain placed upon the seconds on your watch waiting eager for that call from them after your final interview. I have now been employed in the capacity of cabin crew with Emirates for 3 years and remmember my interview like it were 2 hours ago. There are approx 8000 crew with us online till date (I think thats the correct figure or close to it) and I will have to say a small number of them SHOULDNT have been given the position. There communication skills, team work and personality match those of people who are perhaps ******. On the flip side we have some brilliant crew who represent the ek product very well.

Its not rocket science to prepare a draw with red/white wine bottles, pepsi's and seven up's and ofcourse diet coke. However what I have realised is that people arent talking to passengers, having a laugh with them. The company has realised that its core element of sucess amongst other airlines is the ability its cabin crew have to talk and converse with its customers as opposed to ensuring the Emirates logo coaster is served with the J/D with coke. When you attend your interviews and you can clearly demonstrate from the beggining you have confidence to talk with your colleagues and others and enjoy that. then I think its what they are looking for.... I talk so much BULLS**T to pax's but they love it and carry on with me.

You all know the other bla bla bla requirements (Shoes polished, Hair tied up, clean shaven bla bla), however your personality will always Win you a position with EK. When they are interviewing you, dont attempt to choose these sophisticated words to gain browny points, but talk to them as if they are your passengers. Have fun with them. We at emirates want fun people and HARD workers, not preety sandra or studly Dennis who have the personality of a dead rodent.

I wish you all the best of luck when you attend your Pre interviews with EK and if your not sucessfull DONT DONT DONT get depressed or sick. There are other airlines in the middle east who are always recruiting also. I.E Etihad, Qatar (Hmmm dont know about that one)...

If you guys need more info feel free to message me....

Happy flying for those who Make it.....:ok:

Sweetmissy
22nd Mar 2007, 12:01
Hey all,

I've been reading all the lastest posts and i'd just like to say... GOOD LUCK to all of you.. whether you have got the job or not, well done for getting as far as you did!!!! :ok:

I have a selection day on April 16th, can anyone give me some tips????

Pls pls pls pls..

Thank you lovelies x x x

Charlene85
22nd Mar 2007, 13:06
Hey! I know im just at the start of the process, but im wondering after you do the online application, how long you all waited to hear something to be invited for an interview? Does it depend on where u live and when they are going to be in your country next i imagine?

Also, what kind of questions do u get asked??

thanks ;) xxxx

Sweetmissy
22nd Mar 2007, 16:18
Heya,

I sent my online application last week, can't remember when i'm afraid :ugh:

when did you send your application in??

TightSlot
22nd Mar 2007, 16:34
I've just posted the text below on the Virgin Wannabee thread - it's worth repeating it here too.

Please think carefully before posting - this thread exists in order for you to share information about Emirates recruitment. It does not exist for any of the following:

Invitations to meet for drinks/tea/dinner etc.
Public posting of private messages
Posts telling each other that you have sent each other private messages
Posts telling everybody that you are nervous
Posts telling everybody that you are not nervous
Posts wishing each other good luck
Anything, in fact, that isn't directly related to Emirates recruitmentIf you wish to burn up somebody else's bandwidth with what amounts to text message material, may we suggest www.cabincrew.com (http://www.cabincrew.com/) where they seem to encourage gushy and emotional stuff more than we do.

Many thanks

Aiskilus
22nd Mar 2007, 18:04
Charlene85,

Welcome to this thread, here in Manila we have agency affiliated with Emirates. They hire monthly. I sent them an email and told that I already have the application number and they told me that even if I applied online it would be advisable for me to visit the agency for initial screening. I think it's a good strategy to avoid crowd congestion during open day.:O This forum is very helpful. I would suggest you to have the patience to read the thread from the start. I have asked some tips about what EK is looking for and look at how this forum has gone far:D. Believe you me, there are plenty of nice people in this forum who are willing to share their unique experience. As for me, my life has been cenetered around preparing for my second attempt since I failed my first application to EK. I have learned that in any job, 'attitude' is more important than anything else. Most airline company would also look for three elements to determine if the person is suitable or not. They are Eligibility, Suitablility and Specific Requirements. As regards to the interview, I agree with Username1, I think the recruiters will look for people who enjoy and confident in having conversation with the passengers. Most people say 'just be yourself' and I strongly agree with that as well... Just be positive and friendly... and always give them a sincere SMILE. Your answers should have a format as well especially if asked a hypothetical question. Follow the STAR format... know the SITUATION-what is the TASK-ACTION taken/done and the RESULT.:O Present yourself in very graceful way, consider a good posture, positive body language and practise the essence of team work with your colleagues. I wish I could do all this in my second attempt, too. Good luck to all of you out there. I hope I'll see you guys in the skies, someday.:O

Another tip: The highlighted words are key skills and strenghts... value them. Goodluck:O

▲iskilus

mimi1984
22nd Mar 2007, 18:43
hi all ,

i am new in here:) . i applied to emirates airways few days ago and willing to attend the open day in Milan (Italy) next 28th of April . but i still have some doubts:confused: . what is the difference between open day and assesment day? can i go or do i have to receive an invitation ?? one last thing , what are the documents i have to bring with me ?

can anybody help me ? :ugh: :{

sorry if those questions were already mentioned before.

thank you :)
MIMI

Ju Ev
22nd Mar 2007, 20:57
Thanks a lot for your post username1! it is always nice to hear from someone who is already there! And most of the people who usualy write here are wannabes.

I also would like to ask some of the people who are already there, when do they give us the uniform? In the training weeks, do we have to wear formal closes of our own?? I'm just asking because I only have one suit, and if I have to wear formal closes for 5 weeks, I need to buy something else here....

Another question for the Dubai residents. Is it expensive to buy things in Dubai? Clothes, shoes, or you can find some affordable places?

I also want to buy me a laptop... should I buy in Dubai or wait for the duty trips so then I could buy somewhere cheaper? In this case, what places do you recommend?

Thanks a lot for you help people, you are great :ok:

Charlene85
23rd Mar 2007, 12:09
Sweetmissy...

i done my application on monday, and then applied for an assesment day in manchester. Not heard anything though. But didnt expect to hear from them quite so soon anyway!

Aiskilus...

Thank you for the info ;) Ive read the whole post! Its really informative. I jst hope i get the chance to have an interview with them!!

xxx

moka19
23rd Mar 2007, 17:22
Hi everybody!!

I have a psicologist friend and she told me that if you ask you to do a Raven test, that is a very good sign.
If you had not like them, for what would they ask for more tests?. My friend explained me that they will probably check everything.

Raven test normally are used to measure the logic, they are logical reasonings.

Dont worry, if they have asked just a few.:ok:

Regards and good luck!

helfsich
23rd Mar 2007, 19:02
I wouldn't buy another suit for the training. You get fitted for your uniform on the first day of induction (sunday) and you don't have to wear it until you start grooming. The day of grooming varies as some weeks there are a lot of abinitios starting, so you may get grooming 2-5 days after starting induction. You are also out of uniform for your day of ditching, by which stage you can easily get it drycleaned in time. I got by with a blazer, pants and skirt, and haven't worn them since I did the ditching session over a year ago.

Regarding the laptop I'd wait until you're flying as you don't really need one during college and you can go to an internet cafe for emails.

chomelodie
24th Mar 2007, 17:09
Deleted - posted in Nokia Text Speak

Charlene85
24th Mar 2007, 18:13
Hey! I heard they do a credit check beofre you get accepted ito Dubai? Is this correct? x :ugh:

flyflyflying
25th Mar 2007, 10:39
Been a great fan of this forum, the posts from you guys are very useful and real! Thanks :)

Another question pertaining to uniforms, are luggage, leggings and watch also provided? Or does the company provide specifics for its crew to follow? How many sets of uniforms are we provided with and does this include a winter coat?

Once again your answers would be greatly appreciated!

saabfactory
25th Mar 2007, 12:06
i'm also new here but i'm pretty familiar with the application process. Have you registered already for the global assessment day for milan? if you have, then just wait for their response. if you passed their screening (by the application that you've sent through their website) you will get an invite for the assessment day.

the difference between the global assessment day and the open day is that:

for the global assessment day, you have to register for it and you should have an invite for you to attend.

for the open day, basically, it is just free for all assessment. you can just walk-in and pass your application/cv with your photos (whole body and passport size photo) then they will screen you (maybe they will ask you some questions - this is just very basic and quick). then if you pass, they will contact you to attend the assessment the next day, which is what will happen on the global assessment day. on this day, you will be screened through the reach test, group activities, and some exams. If you pass all the stages, you will be invited for the final interview. :)

hope this information helps!

good luck!

godiamondro
25th Mar 2007, 14:09
Hy JuEv!
I was following your posts and I understand your concerns regarding the answer you are waiting for from EK office.I now your date of travel (5th April) and I'm curious when you'll receive a message saying your medical exams are ok and consequently, you just have to wait for the contract, visa and ticket.:ok:

You are almost there:D and we would like to know when you'll receive all those above.

I'll really apreciate your answer.
Thank you.

chomelodie
25th Mar 2007, 15:25
how come my previous post was deleted???????? what Nokia text speak????????

i typed so many questions but now they are all gone before i receive any answer from anybody, so unhappy.............. =(

Samya
25th Mar 2007, 20:50
Hello Everyone! :)

Can someone please tell me (in detail if possible) what medical examinations does Emirates ask for? I have done a quick search on the thread, but didn't find a post about this. Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers,

Samya

Gone U/S
26th Mar 2007, 08:12
Hey guys

Well i have not posted in a while but I was one of the lucky ones who was successful through to the medical stage in the lastest Sydney open days at the end of February.

Did anyone else get through from there?

EK have given me a start date in June, I have just emailed them the results of the medical and dental checks and wondering what happens from here?

It says you dont officially have the job until EK tell you that you have passed the medicals so does anyone know how long this takes.. I want to get excited and scream and i have even signed a contract with a start date and all but I just dont know if it is for real.

Maybe i just need to keep pinching myself....
Any advice?

smiad
26th Mar 2007, 08:45
hey there,

I've completed my meds and everything. I start on the 8th april so they got back to me saying i had been aproved almost right away. I think it goes in priority as someone else has mentioned.

If you've passed your meds than don't worry, you've got the job, so i think you can scream!

janariate
26th Mar 2007, 10:20
hey everybody,, i attended the openday here in bangkok yesterday and it looks not that organized... they said in the site taht it will start at 11 but there in the location they post 8am.. so most of us go around 10 knowing that it will start at 11 but a lot of us are late for the morning sessions... and also for the guys they only ask fot the cv becasue they said they will not hire for one on that day..(how about us.. that came from other country and far places that go theree in thecity just for this day...) why like that.. so confused... they said they will just call us within this week.. are they gonna call? im so affraid that they will not call... (even only less than 20 of us are thier). i took my leave in my company in another country just to attend this open day.. so now i will extend for another 6 days more just to wait for the phone calll.. i am so scared taht they will not call.. what i noticed during that day is that 98% of aplicants are females an only 2% are males.. but i am still praying and thingking positive that they will call me within this week... (sorry i just want to say whats inside of me..coz i really want this job...)

Samya
26th Mar 2007, 10:39
Hi janariate,

Sorry to hear this. I am also planning to attend an open day in another country next month, and I hope all will be well. :) Good luck to you!

Samya

janariate
26th Mar 2007, 10:56
i am from phuilippines and working in lao pdr and go to bangklok just for this very rare oppurtuniity,,, so i am still crossing my fingers for this.. and wait for few days more... i wish it will beall fine then..

Charlene85
26th Mar 2007, 16:50
I got my interview!!! I know its jst the start but im happy! I need to go to manchester though for the global assessment day. Anybody else going?? xx

moka19
26th Mar 2007, 17:14
Hi everybody!

I have just applied for the Assesment Day in Manchester.
how long does it take in replying to you?.

Are there more posibilities to work for Ek is they ask you to attend for the Assesment Day?.

Is there less people in the Assesment Days than in the Global Days?

More things. Is it better to apply for Manchester than London?

thank u

XXX

Charlene85
26th Mar 2007, 18:47
Moka 19.. i applied for the assessment day in manchester on monday the 19th and i got an email today. So it was a week exactly. x

Aimless85
27th Mar 2007, 13:06
Hi everybody im new to this website, but I have been selected to go to the Manchester Global Assessment day in April, noticed a couple of other people have been selected as well :) after reading this forum I am very nervous about it now :bored: sounds like they are very strict on who they let through or is it just the luck of the draw!!! hope everyone is ok and would like to get to know some of you before the assessment day Amy xxx

chomelodie
27th Mar 2007, 15:22
OK, my very first post has gone MIA, so now I gotta repeat all the typing again & hopefully they won't disappear again...........

There will be an open day in Singapore this coming Sat, but the time stated in the website is "walk in anytime" during the day, does it mean it will be different from those held in other countries which was held all day long? Is anyone familiar how it goes in SE Asia??

Regarding the CV we are submitting, does it refer to the print version of the online version? but the print out version seem to be shorter than the online one, is it a wise thing to do if I add in another page explaining why I would like to join EK (which we did talk about in the online version)?

When we submit our CV, do we have time to talk about our achievement and can I attach the photocopies of my certificates w/ the CV?

hope somebody can give me advices asap pls, time is running short.......

Aiskilus
27th Mar 2007, 15:55
Hi there peeps,

The CV, of course, is the hard copy of the on line version. However, you don't have to elaborate your achievement and why you want to be a aprt of the cabin crew as they are expected to be heard from you during the interviews. Simply put some bullets in each of your achievement or award. In short, put it in summary. And just a tip... your CV should only be in two pages as long CV will make the interviewers bored. Your CV should be the over view of a person. Make your CV 'eye-catching' and believe you me, if you made them get your attention, they will likely ask why you want to be a part of the company... what is your edge, how would you do this and that etc. etc. Good luck to you sweetie:D

▲iskilus:)

Mr.XCNBY33S
28th Mar 2007, 08:11
I got a call from Dubai today saying that they want me to do medicals, and my leaving day is on June 1st:rolleyes:

I got my call in 13 days and it's amazing! I didn't expect them to call me this fast:eek:

=>chomelodie
I hope I am not too late to answer your questions,
I had my interview in Japan, and as for "walk in anytime" watch out, some people went around 11am and they missed some explanations which started from around 9am.

In Japan, you could actually choose a time from 10:00, 13:00, and 16:00. So it's pretty weird to have it said as "walk in anytime". Maybe they have morning session, noon session, and perhaps afternoon session, I guess?

As for CV, yes, the online version comes in short, but there are no worries, as for some boxes in blank, I hand wrote some, and for the long answer, I typed it on a paper and pasted it on the CV. I think they accept both CVs, print version or online version.

The questions I was asked on the open day were

1)What are your hobbies?
2)What do you do as a job right now?
3) When can you leave to Dubai?
4)Tell me the longest international experience
5)Why do you want to be a cabin crew?

That was it and it only took me less than 10 minutes.

I wish you all the best!:ok:

P.S => Sleepingbeauty, any news yet? I hope we can meet there!

sleepingbeauty
28th Mar 2007, 08:58
whoopee! that was soo fast! what time did they call you? on your cellphone? btw, no. they haven't. im actually waiting for their call or their rejection email. but i have not received either of the two. huhuhu. :\ waiting is killing me..:{ you're so lucky for waiting just 13 days! i wish you all the best in everything girl! you got 'that' job now :)

brisbaneemirates, how about you? hows the waiting time? any news now?:} wannnnnaaaaaa cry! :)

smiad
28th Mar 2007, 09:55
congratulations! :)

diannedec
28th Mar 2007, 12:07
Upon arrival in Dubai, is the accomodation given to you during training your permanent flat already or you'll still be transfered to a new one?

smiad
28th Mar 2007, 12:29
hey hun,
hope you are holding up okay!

I can't say for certain, but i'm fairly confident that it wouldn't be done group by group. Your paperwork goes to several different people from management (from what it sounds like) meaning that its different people assessing your files than your group peers, and if things are missing etc it all gets delayed.

hope this has some comfort.

mat2k
28th Mar 2007, 17:23
Hello everyone,

again I'm going with a papers matter question... some of you talked about official translation before. I gathered some information about that in France and I figured out that to translate a SINGLE sheet it costs around 80$:eek: if I want to translate a recomendation letter for example.
I browsed the website again and the recruitement section, I didn't find any page mentioning about that, so I ask you guys, how did you do with the translation thing.
I asked a translation company and they said that there is two ways to translate a letter : the first one is a professional translation, the second one is an official and proffessional translation, signed and stamped by a legal expert. The second one is the most expansive. Which one am I supposed to bring along?
Thank you by advance...

Lilly075
28th Mar 2007, 19:49
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting up a comment on this site!!

Sleepingbeauty & BRISBANEemirates --> I'm assuming that you participated in the final interview in Osaka. Me too...! And i haven't heard anything from Emirates. I'm so worried... If i didn't get in this time, that's okay cuz I will try again! I won't give up! But like u said... waiting is killing me...:{ It's starting to affect my school work! aagh! If you hear anything from Emirates, please let me know...

Does anyone know when the rejection e-mail is sent out for those who did not get in? I'm assuming that since it's only an e-mail, it shouldn't take time...:confused: Oh well...

Wish everyone the best... :)

(I wish I knew about this site earlier!)

Ziboli79
28th Mar 2007, 21:21
Hi everyone! Happy that I found this forum :)
Been reading a little bit and I know how u all feel about the assesment days, intervj, and everything....been there done that! Just telling u; be yourself and relax, if you don´t get it the first time don´t hesitate to try again! You will learn a lot every time, no matter if it´s for EK or an other airline, so don´t give up!:ok: Is there anyone who can tell me about the training? I know it´s 5 weeks....that´s all. Heard it´s pretty tough. Do u get ur apartment after training? Is it nice?:O He he sorry but I really want to know.....How do they decide with whom u will live? Oh many question, haha! Anyways....I´m going the 15th of June, anyone else?

Lilly075
28th Mar 2007, 21:57
I live in the U.S. right now (okay, now they know who i am!)

For those of you who are from North America / Canada, do you remember what time of the day you've recieved a phone call from Dubai??

Thanx lots :)

Cdn F/A
28th Mar 2007, 22:31
Hi all!

I'm a flight attendant for a Canadian carrier...I am now completing the on-line application for Emirates...just realised that I missed the assessment day in Vancouver. There are no other in N. America right now...Has everyone attended an assessment day? Is this something that is required? Guess I'm from the old-school where they give you a phone inverview and you fly out for a one on one...

Lilly075
29th Mar 2007, 01:20
Hi sleepingbeauty:)

Actually, I was the very first one to be interviewed out of all the finalists:eek: No, I'm not from Canada... I'm from Japan, but I live in the U.S. right now. I went back to Osaka just for this inteview!

My final interview lasted about 30 minutes. They asked me questions which I wasn't expecting at all. I thought they would ask me questions about my personality, my experience, what I have been learning in the universiry, etc. None of those questions were asked. They asked me very specific questions like what I would do in a certain situation. The questions were so specific that I had to pause and think for a while.

I have to say that I could not give my 100% in that interview. I know I could have done better... That is why I'm so worried.

I heard that the final interview usually lasts for 1 hour. Mine ended in half hour! I was so shocked... I was like "Don't u want to get to know me more??!!"

Some of my documents were missing so I sent them to Dubai 2 days later. I checked the order status online and someone in Dubai accepted my mail on the 20th.

So I'm thinking maybe this is why the process is delayed for me?? :uhoh:

I've been reading the past comments and doing research on the internet, and I found out that there are people who just never hear anything after the final interview! Gosh, I hope that is not the case for me!

Let's cross our fingers! If someone gets a phone call today, that means there is still potential for us:ok: Ganbarou!!

sleepingbeauty
29th Mar 2007, 01:33
so you were interviewed last march 14 then? your interview lasted for about 30 minutes only? what else did they ask you on your interview? i hope we get to hear something from them really soon (good or not). anyway, what documents were missing from you? good luck to all and keep on praying!:)

Lilly075
29th Mar 2007, 01:44
They asked me questions like "Describe a situation where you had an argument with a co-worker and you had to obey him/her even though you didn't want to?" or someting like that.

Seriously, that was the first thing they asked me and i was like 'What?!' I mean, it's not the kind of question where you can reply immediately, rite?

Yea, i went to interview on the 14th. I had all the important documents missing... i shouldn't say 'missing'. I did not have enough time to prepare them.

What kind of questions did they ask u??

Mr.XCNBY33S
29th Mar 2007, 08:18
Thanks guys!

They called me yesterday at 13:30 at my house first and I couldn't answer that and they called me on my cell phone telling me that I have to do the medical check a.s.a.p and if everything goes right then I will leave on June 1st.

I also know 3 other girls received a call yesterday and also for the ones who did not get a job, a rejection email.:ouch:

However, what I figured is that some people receive their phone call later if their documents were missing and who has sent some stuff later.

I guess for the people who haven't received a rejection letter yet, have your hopes up, coz that means that you're being evaluated now!:)

I guess for the ones who already received a phone call, had all the documents ready, coz I did.

But to tell you the truth, I was surprized when the lady who gave me a call from Dubai told me that I am missing a copy of my passport. Coz I did give everything. I checked everything and my documents were perfect, I just cannot believe that a photocopy of my passport is missing and that I have to fax them again. I mean, a passport copy is a dangerous thing to lose, private information ain't it?? :ooh: :ooh:

Anyways...I am still waiting for the email they said they are going to send it to me by today. I know they are busy and all and I do wanna give them a break but..this can never happen in Japan. It's unlikely.:sad:

However, I do wish we can all meet in Dubai sleepingbeauty and BRISBANEemirates! I have a positive feelings for both of you for some reason. I am sure you guys will make it. You guys are almost there, just wait;)

Mr.XCNBY33S
29th Mar 2007, 08:36
Hey! I also had my interview on March 15th in Osaka.
They asked me the same question as yours!

These were the questions I was asked at the final interview:

1)Please describe what you do at work.
2)(according to my work) have you ever encountered a situation where you and your customer crossed over a line?
3)Please tell us the best achievement while you've work there
4)Have you ever had a situation where you had to bend your opinion? Please give us an example and tell us how you dealt it.
5)Next is a two part question, please give us each examples where you've followed through a guideline and where you didn't.
6)When was the time when you have undergone a major pressure? Work related examples are preferable.
7) Please read this bit of article.(read it out loud) What does it say?

I guess these were the main questions I was asked, they asked me more but I don't quite remember coz I was nervous like a chicken. :\

My interview was only for half an hour.

Sometimes I had to fold my arms, think hard and come up with an example. I guess what you answer, (the content) doesn't really matter, but it's how you react to the question. Because what I answered was a total disaster. Well anyways, I hope a good news will fly in to ya! Best of luck man!:ok:

Mr.XCNBY33S
29th Mar 2007, 08:42
Hey there! 80$! It costs 130$ here in Japan!

I had my recommendation letter written in English coz...the one who wrote it for me was an Aussie (Australian) professor.

However, you don't need a recommendation letter anymore...but as for the other documents, maybe you wanna ask your English speaking friends, or can bargain the price, sorry I can't help. I had nothing translated.:(

Mr.XCNBY33S
29th Mar 2007, 09:30
No...I don't really know coz...I didn't exchange any contact number with any on them. Sorry!:(

Mr.XCNBY33S
29th Mar 2007, 09:40
I think it's better you check yourself;)
http://www.crew-jp.com/gaishi1-frame.htm
this is the website where people comment about how they've done.

It's a Japanese site!

I hope this helps:ok: But I know there were some from your batch and the other from 16th of March.

P.S I'm out for today, talk to ya tomorrow!

mat2k
29th Mar 2007, 10:41
Thank you man. Let's see how it is.
Good luck to the japanese candidates and maybe see you in a couple of months.

Lilly075
29th Mar 2007, 14:03
Hello!

Oh my god! R u 100% sure that those who did not make it already got an rejection e-mail? Please tell me that this is TRUE.... because I haven't heard anything from EK so that means there's still hope, rite??!!

Yes, they asked me questions similar to yours. By the way, my interview was on the 14th. I was so nervous! I had to think for a while, I even said "Sorry, let me think for a while". I wanted to jump out the window after the interview :ugh: lol...!

When I chekced the order status online, my documets arrived in Dubai on the 20th. And i'm assuming that the two ladies went back to Dubai around the same time. So I don't see why I'm not getting reply soon... oh well:bored:

chomelodie
29th Mar 2007, 17:14
thank you so much for answering my Qs, its so nice that when u see ur name is being mentioned =)

ok, I have one more day to prepare for my Sat open day, so I decided to take MC tmr, hahaha

Does anyone know if they really contact the referees? When do I have to have the recommendation letter ready? I have put one of my uni professor and another is my current boss, but I am thinking whether it is a wise choice to do so because my boss doesn't know I am applying another job! Should I change my referee at the last minute??

32 hours to go............omg, so nervous

Ziboli79
29th Mar 2007, 17:59
Hi! They didn´t call my referees and the only paper they asked for on the open day was my cv and photo. I brought everything with me in case of but it was first on the interv I gave them all the documents. Bring what u have and they will see ur well prepaired and organised:) Good luck!!!

Mr.XCNBY33S
30th Mar 2007, 07:28
Hey guys!
-->What I've heard is that your document will not be sent to Dubai if you weren't successful..that's what I've heard, but I cannot guarantee you if this is 100% sure. But if you haven't heard anything yet, I think you have a good chance:ok: So just hang in there girl!

-->Chomelodie
I have the same situation as yours, I gave my referees from my current boss and from my uni professor. My boss was really excited when she heard me challenging this new opporunity and was very supportive. She even wrote me a reference letter (maybe she wanted to get rid of me j/k *lol*) but maybe you should think about how your boss would react before you tell him/her. Who knows? Maybe your boss would be very willing to support your dream:)

-->mat2k
Yea, same here, see ya in couple of months!

By the way, for those who've already done your medicals, please tell me how much it costed you, coz...it's freakin' expensive here! Thanks in advance!

Aiskilus
30th Mar 2007, 17:21
Hi Everyone,

Here in Manila, they don't require a recommendation letter. But the day I told all my supervisors about my future plans, they were like "Go for it!" I even had a supervisor last year whose brother and her bother's wife currently employed in EK. She even tried but declined EK coz she didn't want her freckles removed. Then I told my current supervisor of my plan and he said whatever I do and dream he and my team have all the support for me.:D

Lilly075,

I agree with what others have told you, don't lose hope. your application is still in process. And for everyone out there, no matter what the question is, it's now what you say, it's how you say it.:O

Best Wishes to everyone,

Jessie Aiskilus

sleepingbeauty
31st Mar 2007, 01:35
you did it! congrats! im soooo happy for you :) all the best! party and rock dubai brisbaneemirates!

smiad
31st Mar 2007, 03:35
whoop whoop! congrats chick!

ryge
31st Mar 2007, 05:46
hello =)

i am just a new member and i saw u posted bout an airline who sent u a mail, im quite interested, can u pls send me the email add of the company...please:sad:
can u send it in my mail if possible??

Ziboli79
31st Mar 2007, 09:19
Congratulations!!!!!!!!:D When is ur traveldate? I´m leaving the 15th of June:)

Mr.XCNBY33S
1st Apr 2007, 05:37
Congratulations!!:D

Lilly075
1st Apr 2007, 18:20
Hi Everyone! Can't believe it's April already!

I got a call from Dubai this morning!!!!!:ok: First EK called my house in Japan. Since I live in the U.S. right now, my parents gave EK person my mobile number and then I got a call on my mobile phone 4:00AM!! Of course I was asleep by then, so they left message on my voicemail telling me to call back ASAP!

I'm so happy! Like someone commented earlier, I think EK evaluates applicants individually and not as a group. I don't know the reasons why they call applicants on different days, but the important thing is, people DO get calls after 2 weeks! So have your hopes high! Don't give up! As long as you have not recieved a rejection letter, you still have potential! So I am beggin to all of you out there, DON'T GIVE UP!!! :)

Lilly075
1st Apr 2007, 18:25
Hey BRISBANEemirates!

I missed your comment... CONGRATULATIONS!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

OMEDETOUUU:D :D :D vbmenu_register("postmenu_3208977", true);

rikka
1st Apr 2007, 21:15
:ok: :D :p :D :) :D

pbaby
2nd Apr 2007, 04:22
congrats!!!!:D You've got a call from EK..^^
I'm so happy for you~~~^^
I'm planning to go to UAE for EY.EK's assesment day!! haven't applied to them yet!
I'm wondering if Ek's written test for applicant who are not from english speaking world is difficult,confusing or not!!
I had an interview with EY last monday in Korea. EY's written test was not difficult and confusing.....But I got passed over on 2 to 1 interview~ ........guess my nervousness pushed me over~:{
Anyway...
Congrats for your new life in Dubai once more and any help would be appreciated~;)

sleepingbeauty
2nd Apr 2007, 07:39
i just got a call from Dubai few hours ago and i cant believe im gonna be working for the emirates soon :) oh have to pass the medicals first though! im gonna be seeing everyone there! sooooo happy! :)

smiad
2nd Apr 2007, 08:03
thats fantastic news!! its great how almost everyone has gotten thru!look forward to seeing you all when you start!

esther_marie
2nd Apr 2007, 10:28
hello!
congrats to those who passed emirates!
by the way, who among you guys are flying this april for the april 19 batch induction? Let me know..
thanks!

Lilly075
2nd Apr 2007, 11:00
Hi everyone! Thank you so much for you comment! I am so happy! Words cannot express how happy I am :)

Sleepingbeauty --> Congratulations:D I got your message! I am so happy for both of us! I guess that raven test thing was not a big deal after all...lol! I am going to Dubai on June 8th. How about you?!

I cannot believe I am actually going to see some of the people I've been tallkin to on this forum in Dubai soon! This is really dream come true:ok:

sleepingbeauty
2nd Apr 2007, 14:59
yeah. truly it is a dream come true.:) thanks everyone!

lilly- yay! we made it :) 2-3 days ago, we were so anxious and worried cause we thought we failed that's why we haven't got a call from them. but now, were as happy as happy feet! hehe :) seriously though, that raven test really scared me to death, im sooo glad everything went well. i hope everything will also turn out fine with our kenkou shindan! im also leaving for dubai on the 8th of june! see you there!! :)

so are you going back here? take care people! ;)

Aiskilus
2nd Apr 2007, 17:12
Dear Everyone,

As regards to my last post, I would like to apologise that I might have misled some people. Recommendation letter is a requirement if an applicant has moved up to the last stage. Again my friends, my sincere apologies.:}

Jessie Aiskilus

Samya
3rd Apr 2007, 07:35
First: Congratulations to all of you! :)
Second: Can someone please tell me (PM me if you wish), what kind of medical tests does Emirates ask for? Or is this strictly confidential? Thank you very much in advance!

And congrats to everyone again!

sleepingbeauty
3rd Apr 2007, 08:50
hello brisbaneemirates! thank you! so hows it going? almost done with the medical? :)

Mr.XCNBY33S!- are you done with your medical? do you have any idea how much will it all cost? they said that getting medical exam here in japan is really, really expensive! please give me an idea if you know how much :)

congrats to everyone who made it. and to those who have not, try and try. i wish you all the best and luck. ;)

diannedec
3rd Apr 2007, 10:33
Question: Are the flat that has been assigned to you during the first day will be your permanent flat for the duration of the employment?

mytcrew
3rd Apr 2007, 15:44
hi guys!!
I need some help!
I had my final interview on march 13th in london, and my file was sent to dubai on the 22nd of march because I needed to get photos and some stuff done..
Now I hear that people that get the job hear back from Dubai superfast!!
And I get soooooo worried now!!! I can't sleep, I hate this!!!

I also have a job with etihad, and what am I supposed to do? I can't gamble on the fact that I'll get EK, so I wonder is it possible to start with EY and if I get EK, quit EY and start with EK???:O

The wait is killing me guys!

Also, do you think I could sent DUbai an email, just saying that I hope they have all the neccessary documents, and that I would be happy to send more if needed etc...

Sorry for freakin out here..just need some help:)

Have a great day people!!

moka19
3rd Apr 2007, 16:36
Hi Sleeping beauty!!

I told you it was a good sign to do the raven test, and fortunately I was rigth.

Enjoy your experience for EK!!:)

moka19
3rd Apr 2007, 16:46
I filled out my application form 8 days ago to attend the Assesment Day in Manchester and did not receive any answer of EK yet.
Takes a long time?. I heard that usually is about 1 week.
That means they are not interested on me?.

I do know the selection is really hard, but I would like to have the opportunity of doing the selection at least.
:bored:

umzy
3rd Apr 2007, 17:16
Hello diannedec ,

You will stay where you are assigned or with whom BUT you are given ONE FREE MOVE ; you can change whenever you want to, as UNDER that free MOVE. Furthermore, If you want to change again after that FREE MOVE, EK will charge you a little for your next Move. Hope this help :)

and.. Congratulations to all who made it :ok:

Charlene85
3rd Apr 2007, 18:25
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Well done everybody who got thru!! Its been horrible to see you all worried but im so glad u got through! The wait was worth it! Im only beginning the process... and hope i get chance to be as worried as you all were! Ill keep u all posted after the assessment day. Thanks for all the help and advice! I think im quite prepared.. but who knows! xxxx

Lilly075
3rd Apr 2007, 23:26
***Sleepingbeauty --> Oh my god! We're flying to Dubai on the same date! I am so happy for both of us... like you said, we were so depressed untill few days ago! And then now... look at both of us! I can't stop smiling!:)

I guess that means we are starting our training soon! How exciting! I know at least one another Japanese girl who is flying to Dubai on the same date as us.

How is your medical examination going? I went to Health Center at my university today, and the earliest appointment I could make was April 24th! So long! But, I'm in the U.S. rite now, and since my school fee covers the insurance, I get to do the all the test for FREE (except for dentals)! Okay, enough about me. Let me know how things are going for you! ;)

And yes, I am going back to Japan after graduation, so I will be flying to Dubai from Kansai! Can't wait for the new experience!!:ok:

***mytcrew--> I know how you feel. I was just like that until few days ago. Did you call EK and ask them whether they have your documents? That's what I did. Maybe you should call them just to make sure they have all your important documents arrived in Dubai safely. Meanwhile, do something else to distract yourself. Go shopping, hang out with friends, watch movies (I watched 3 films in a day!), etc. Try to distract yourself from worrying about EK. I was so worried and depressed that I felt like I was going bald! Worring too much is not good for you, mentally and physically. Time will tell! Hang in there!:ok:

saabfactory
4th Apr 2007, 02:32
:D Felicitations!!! Congratulations to everyone who passed!!! Good job!

For me, like Charlene, I am still starting!!! I really hope and pray that I will be successful like you guys!

Whatever happens, I'll post everything here :) so that others may benefit (or not...;) )

Tasha_28
5th Apr 2007, 04:16
Hi Everyone,

Im new here too and so excited to have found this site!!!
I have an open day in Perth, Western Australia coming up in a week or so and just wanted to ask a few questions.

They ask about education...I went to High School up until year 11 then left to go to Beauty School (hehe) will they look down on the fact I havent completed High School??

Also, I wear glasses and find contact lenses really drying on my eyes.
Will this lower my chances of getting the job?
I have been saving to get that Lazik eye surgery, maybe I should mention that I will have this done before starting with Emirates (if I get the job, fingers crossed :p )

Thanks
Tash

BRISBANEemirates
5th Apr 2007, 06:49
Lilly075...

Read your contract, it says if you don't have your medical results, and other requirements back to them in ten days, that there will be a delay. They give you 2 weeks from the date on your contract to send everything back to them, and you have to accept the offer within one week and complete the online joining form within 2 to 3 days.

:suspect: :suspect: :suspect:

Elouise
5th Apr 2007, 08:59
Wow... :D Congrats to those who passed...You've Made IT!!! Enjoy and FLY HIGH guys.... Hope we can be like you guys Soon...;) Keep in touch with us ok and dont be too selfish to share your bloopers and experience heheheh.... Congrats again. ciao ciao

sleepingbeauty
5th Apr 2007, 09:41
hows your medical? are you done? how much will it cost to have medical check up? ive been inquiring hospitals and clinics and it varies from Y50-80,000 and its just so expensive and its hard to find a doctor who can really speak english! :(

lilly075- yes. brisbaneemirates is right. you should complete the medical as soon as possible. its just so hard to look for english speaking doctors here in japan. do you know anyone?:\

i hope everyone's doing well and good luck with the medical results!

anyway, should we also email the x-ray and original copy of the results, or just send the medical papers from emirates that will be signed by the doctor? a lil confusing.. sorry. please help!:}

to aspiring applicants- good luck to all of you and i suggest you read the whole thread and you will be enlightened ;)

Charlene85
5th Apr 2007, 10:20
What exactly do the medicals include? And does anybody know how much it is in pounds? thanks x

md13
5th Apr 2007, 13:20
Hi Everyone

This is my first time on here

I leave on the 18th of may and got my final approval 2 nites ago. Very nervous but also excited.

Is anyone here leaving on that day?

People that i kept intouch with that was in my group has'nt yet received a call to do their medical... does that mean they didnt get through? im very disappointed on their behalf as it is now 7 weeks and they still havent received any call.

The wait for me was a killer as well but it was all worth it, i recomend for people that are waiting for their final approval about their medical is to call them directly, so that way u know they have everything

Congrats to everyone that got through and for those who is still waitng i know its a killer but hang in there youll be fine.

UMZY - is there anything you recomend that would help me with the training?

sparklyeyes
5th Apr 2007, 17:19
Hi there it's my first time here as well! :p

I've read through this thread from beginning to now, and it's exciting to see everyone go thru their interviews, whether they succeed or not! I'm in the process of giving Emirates my application, I'm sure I'll be here for some questions! :8 Thanks all for your time and advice, it's very much appreciated!:ok:

sparklyeyes

Cdn F/A
5th Apr 2007, 20:28
Hi Sparklyeyes,

Pretty new here as well and I am as well just touching up my application and getting photos ready to send in...Just noticed you're in Vancouver- I'm in Calgary...Any thought which assessment day you will be attending?...I haven't seen any lately for North America...Take care!

Lilly075
5th Apr 2007, 21:41
Hey guys:) Yea, I realized that after I read over my contract carefully. I cried to the nurse that I have to have everything in 2 weeks, and she put me in a spot next week. Hope all the results are good!

sleepingbeauty --> Did you try university hospitals? Like those prestigious universities in Tokyo. I'm sure university hospitals got some English-sepaking doctors. Or, maybe you can try by calling embassies of English-speaking country in Tokyo, and ask them if they know any English speaking doctors in Tokyo. Hope everything works out for you...:)

sparklyeyes
5th Apr 2007, 22:12
Hi Cdn F/A!

Yes I'm from Vancouver. Good to see a fella Canadian here! I haven't quite started the application process as I need to get some photos done. Also, I'm not sure if once you start the application can it be saved midway???:eek:
As for the assessment day I'm not sure either...I'm almost thinking of flying to one in Dubai sometime in May (for several reasons), I don't really want to wait till one comes around to North America.

Currently just doing my research and very soon I'll be submitting an application. What's your story? Are you an ex FA?

sparklyeyes

Cdn F/A
5th Apr 2007, 22:55
Hi Sparklyeyes,

Yes, you can save the application half-way through- I have been doing it for awhile now...I am presently an FA with a big carrier here in Calgary...I bet you can guess which one! Emirates looks like a fantastic airline to have more of a career with...and an international one at that! I think I may go over to one in London or Manchester...or if I get desperate, Dubai! You never know when there will be one back here in our part of the world! I have excellent inter-lines with carriers all over the world so, it won't be a big deal to get there...Are you an FA? Great to chat to someone who is from here and interested in doing the Emirates thing...many of my FA friends think I'm mad...but seriously, this is my career, I have my University degree and did all that...this is what I want to do! Go big or go home eh??? ;) Oh and Etihad is having an assessment day in Vancouver...I think it's about April 16 and 17...FYI!

Cheers!

sparklyeyes
5th Apr 2007, 23:21
Hi Cdn F/A!

So that's good to know, I'll start my application ASAP then! :O No I'm not an FA at all, it's funny how how you go thru life fulfilling dreams and goals, and I'm in a position now that I want to fulfill that ULTIMATE dream of mine which is to travel the world AND get paid for it. I stumbled upon Emirates by accident and after further research I absolutely fell in love and now I know this is what I want to do!!! To experience living an international lifestyle is a dream, and Emirates looks like a wonderful airline to fulfill that dream! I've read somewhere in this forum where people compared Emirates and Etihad and it seems Emirates is the favorite by far!

sparklyeyes

chrissy78
6th Apr 2007, 11:22
hi everyone,
i am new to this forum and i have got a question,i am having my open day on Apriel 16th,i am so looking forward to it........i am vegetarian and i was just wondering for all of u that live there already,if it is hard to be vegetarian in dubai,that is my only concern

thanks

cris:p

moetorious
6th Apr 2007, 14:18
no Im from dubai living in canada now and alot of my freinds are vegetarian. so its not that hard.

chrissy78
7th Apr 2007, 12:46
Hi,
Is anyone attending tghe open day assesment in london on apriel 16th:O

diannedec
7th Apr 2007, 21:43
Greetings!
Who among you guys will fly to Dubai 2nd week of April?
Cheers!

Flyboy12345
8th Apr 2007, 02:28
Does anyone who works at Emirates as a Pilot know if Emirates requires an FAA medical to work there *OR* do they have their own "in house" medical doctors certifying you every so often. My question is do you still have to fill out a frickin' FAA Medical form halfway around the world to work there on an ongoing basis all of the time?

BRISBANEemirates
9th Apr 2007, 04:55
Flyboy.. this thread is for emirates cabin crew, but I'm certain there is a similar thread for pilots??

Mr.XCNBY33S
9th Apr 2007, 07:28
Hey girl! Congratulations!! ;) I knew you would make it girl! I am SOOO happy for you!!

Yep, I've finished my medicals, and it costs really expensive here!
If you are in Osaka, you can get your medicals done in 50,000~80,000 yen, as you have mentioned. But you are in Tokyo, I assume...

I heard that if you have your medical check ups in Osaka, they actually exam you in Japanese and then it takes up a week to get it all translated. (more money..) But in that way, it takes so much time(including earning replys of test results of blood, pap smear, etc..) that I got my medical check up examined by a doctor from the Netherlands.

By the way, I already sent my results to the HR office (excluding my x-rays and other original copies of test results) and I haven't heard a thing from them yet however they wanted me to SCAN everything and then send it to the office. They did NOT want me to fax anything.

Well, sorry for the late reply sleeping beauty and I hope everything goes well with ya! If you have any question re to medicals, please do not hesitate to ask me. I became quite an expert since the doc from the Netherland precisely explained everything to me. :ok:

Mr.XCNBY33S
9th Apr 2007, 07:54
Hey there guys!:) I gotta question, I finished all my meds and online joining thing but I haven't finished my induction quiz thing. Have you? Do you ought to do it when we get there?

Plus, on the "New Check list-handbook.doc", first page 6th list, it says to email ID card and Name badge form. What is this about? If you have figured it out, will you give me a clue what I must prepare for this? I emailed to the HR office but they haven't emailed me back yet. Thanks in advance;)

Good luck to ya guys!

md13
9th Apr 2007, 21:46
Hi Guys

Just more info regarding the process:

Once you received your final email to say you can now resigned from your current employee and all your medical has been approved. You have to wait for another email which will be received 4 days before you depart.

Im also at that stage where i have to complete the quiz on line, so i rang them to confirm and they have advise me that employee no. and ticket/visa will be emailed to you 4 days before you depart. Then you can complete the online quiz then.

As far as medical and waiting for final approval, i waited nearly 3 weeks for mine. My advise is best to ring them to confirm they have all your medical reports, just for the peace of mind.

Hope that helps

C you guys there;-)

Cheers
md13

luckyeye13
10th Apr 2007, 00:09
I am very seriously thinking about attending one of the Emirates open days next month and would like to know whether it is better for my previous employment information to be in the form of a CV or if it would be acceptable in resume format. If a CV is the only way to submit this information, does anyone have any web links to where I can find good information on putting together a CV? Unfortunately, we are really only taught about resumes here in the States, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

sleepingbeauty
10th Apr 2007, 00:15
Mr.XCNBY33S- hello! thanks! thanks! im almost done with my medical and it sucks because at first, i asked them if they can translate it in English and they said yes. but after the results were out, they said that they cant!!!:*
do we have to also send the results or just send the papers they provided us? like the appendix 2,3,4 etc?

i havent submitted mine cos im still in the process of completing my medical exams. by the way, when i sent them my acceptance contract which is the declaration, they didnt reply to my message, is that okay? or should i also call them to confirm that they have received it? :confused:

i hope we all get to finish the requirements as soon as possible! more tips please! :) thanks!

esther_marie
10th Apr 2007, 01:16
Emirates asks me to tender my resignation asap since i'm flying on the 13th of April. They told me that I will receive the final briefing email 4 days before my travelling date.

But I still haven't received the email yet and its 3 days before my scheduled flight... I can't pack my stuff yet since I don't know if it will still push through =( I'm so much worried....

expatula
10th Apr 2007, 05:06
For which airline are you currently working? Cebpac or PAL? Dapat tawagan mo sila to personally follow up. Goodluck!

Tasha_28
10th Apr 2007, 05:34
Anyone going to the open day at the Duxton Hotel this Saturday 14th April??

Very excited!! :O

umzy
10th Apr 2007, 12:08
Hey,
Why don't you just rung them and ask the status ? If you havn't recieved the last mail which is usually a ticket and all, then most probably they will be giving you another date for departure. But the best soultion is to rung them and ask .

Safe Flying

cart tart
10th Apr 2007, 14:28
hey guys....

i attended an EK open day on the 10th March in BNE. have just done all my meds, they have recieved them all and now im waiting for my answer! i got a 'soft copy' of my contract which has me leaving oz on the 1st of June - anyone coming with me??! :)

flyflyflying
11th Apr 2007, 07:34
Hi there, cart tart, I am departing Singapore on 1st June! I am new to this forum and reading back I noticed Mr.XCNBY33S from Japan is also leaving on 1st June! I am scheduled to commence training on 7th June, what about you? Like you, I have sent my medicals and am waiting to hear the final words from Dubai so I can start packing!

Meeting you guys online first... this is so cool! :ok:

Charlene85
11th Apr 2007, 13:31
I was wondering... do u need to be a certain weight? I know you have to be reasonably fit to work as cabin crew but with a bmi of 25 i think im too heavy?? Im size 12 and 5'4. Tell me what you think! Thanks x

mat2k
11th Apr 2007, 17:51
Hello everyone,

I'm currently teaching in an elementary school as teacher assistant, all my answers to the recruiting team will be based on this experience...well at least the answers I was preparing so far...until I start to think that teaching experiences and kids related situation are not so relevant with cabin crew job... do you think it would be good to talk about this (I mean my teaching experience)?
:uhoh: brrrrr....!!! at the end I don't know whether I should keep these job experiences as examples for their questions or find new ones...
thank you by advance guys :ok:

Aiskilus
11th Apr 2007, 18:37
Hi there!

Being a cabin crew doesn't require anyone a specific course or degree in college nor so related experience from your previous work. As long as you have the compassion of helping others... you have what it takes to be the chosen one! My best friend who works for EK now is an Electronics and Communications Engineering student (both of us have'nt graduated yet:) ). In fact, being a teacher gives you more chances of gettine hired than anyone else coz you are working with different people with different personalities face-to-face. Just remember there is a formula when answering questions. STAR- S-situation T-task A-Action taken R-what is the result? Just be positive. A lot of people would tell you just be yourself... that phrase means be yourself in a positive way! Hope this helps...:)

▲iskilus

Samya
11th Apr 2007, 19:22
Dear mat2k,

I also have teaching experience and I really think that it is a great asset for a f.a. job. Teaching requires patience, the ability to explain and reason and most importantly, a passion for people. A f.a. can make good use of all these.

Good Luck!

cart tart
12th Apr 2007, 01:50
hello to everyone interested in EK!

this question is aimed at current EK flyers...

just wondering on average what the wages are like per month (in dh's)? obviously, i know it is dependant on trips and flying hours, but if you could please give me a min and max so i have an idea....
im leaving to start work there on 1st june

also, do you include the allowances given to you at the hotels in that average wage?

thanks in advance! xx

piggie80
12th Apr 2007, 05:19
Hi, all,

I'm a Chinese girl, and yesterday I went to the interview which was hold by the agency in Beijing China, and only if we could pass that, we can attend the open day, which was hold by EK recruiters this Friday ( that is tmw) and Sat. Well, at least we were told so.

However, I was informed that I did not pass the agency's interview this morning. which meant that I can not go for EK's open day.

I'm quite upset and got confused now. we paid the agency some money for the test fee, which I'm sure it's just got collected by the agency. and If by any luck, we got the job with EK, then we would have to pay the agency 1-2 month salary every year as long as the contract with EK ends. This is somehow ridiculous, but it seems so far, its the only way to go through that agency to get a job with any foreign airline in China now.

However, I'm not complaining about that, I like this job, and I feel that I'm not younger any more, 27 yrs old, I know that there is no age limmit for EKwannabes, but there are so many other younger and prettier girls around( there are about 5000 people nominated for this interview, and 600 of them got picked out for the first interview held by the agency, amazing figures!). And I'm not pretty, not slim, near-sighted, geez, I start to beat myself up now. All i have is that I believe I'm a nice person, with a sincere smile, and would love to take care of other people.

I dreamt of being a cabin crew with EK,. it's a nce airline, and Dubai is a nice place, which I got to know since when I was invovled with horse-racing industry in China. But now, Should I stop chasing it? Somehow I dont want to let it go so easily, should I just attend the open day in the next two days, to meet EK recruiters? cos if failed that way, I would have no say, but to give up forever. and get settled down.

It is raining in Beijing now, gloomy, exactly the way how I feel now. Guys, what do you say? Should I go for it at the risk that the agency was there, and throw me out?

Thanks for hear me out, and please ignore me if I'm a bore here...

Charlene85
12th Apr 2007, 10:18
I think you should just go! It an open day... anyone can go. I would definatly go, what have you got to lose?? If you dont you'll be wondering forever what if!! Good luck!! xxx

sleepingbeauty
12th Apr 2007, 10:26
ohmygosh girl! that agency in beijing is just so ughhhh. so ridiculous and so unfair! you had to pay them so that you can attend an assessment day for emirates this coming weekend? and if you get a job with ek, you also have to give them a percentage of your salary evry year? wtf?!:hmm: that's NOT so right! :rolleyes: that agency should be reported to the authorities! haha. by the way, if you can, try calling the emirates airline office in beijing and inquire about the assessment day and also ask them if that agency is somehow affiliated with them regarding recruiting cabin crew :)

i've attended the initial screening and assessment for emirates and we were NEVER asked to pay a single cent for that.

if its really your dream to be a cabin crew for emirates, pursue it. try and try. there's nothing to lose, you know. i wish you all the best! never give up. :)

lil_star
12th Apr 2007, 12:11
Hello sweety pie,, Cheer up . Don't be upset. ;) Firstly you are in a perfect matured age for being Emirates cabin crew member. Secondly you've got amazing heart which all passengers need from flight attendants. And you seemed very smart girl as well. Go for what you want. EK is not hiring models. I am sure if you try your best you will get this job and you will be an asset for EK. God bless you

Kisses

Aiskilus
12th Apr 2007, 17:33
Piggie80,

Hi there I agree with Sleeping Beauty... here in Manila, the agency that is affiliated with EK doesn't require applicants to pay them just to get an interview:ooh: . I'm not sure with other countries, though... :uhoh: but it's very alarming to have heard that. I've tried to view EK's website and as of this month, there's no schedule for both open days and assessment days in China:uhoh: . I suggest you to investigate on this matter. Don't worry, people here in PPRUNE will help you out dear.:)

▲i$kilÜs

shinners
12th Apr 2007, 18:41
can I go to a open day without having applied on-line before?

moka19
12th Apr 2007, 20:15
Go,Go,GOOOOOO!!

DONT let you down!!!

shinners
12th Apr 2007, 20:16
this month they're coming to my city...incredible!

Wulfy
12th Apr 2007, 20:17
Might be the Chinese government itself that is charging to let people take interviews ? After all, it isn't a total free market and country over there ...

Aiskilus
12th Apr 2007, 20:32
Yes Shinners, you may go to the open days with or without having applied on line:)

flymarylaety
12th Apr 2007, 20:52
Hi there!!

I have finally decided to go to the Open Day at the end of the month!
I'm starting to be sooo stressed out about it! :( heeeelp!

I have one question for you guys that just passed all the application process (lucky you!! congrats!): why do you think you've been outstanding among the 100 or 200 others applicants, and made you be hired? your experience, being relaxed and natural, being sociable, having bright answers, your beauty :cool:? no jokes apart, what would you advice your best friend if he/she wanted to apply?
Were you stressed out the Big Day?

So how's the Open Day going basically? you give your resume, have a little interview, watch a movie about Emirates, then the group is cut down in half, then you have a test of english and participate in groups of discussion?
And if you're in the final 10, they tell you to come back the day after, or some other days? because i'll be staying at the hotel, and i don't know how many nights to book, and when to take my return plane ticket...

Last question: what about your dressing, make-up? jewels? heel shoes?
hair?

Is there's anyone here attending the Paris Open Day at the end of April?
:)

Thanks!!

Mr.XCNBY33S
13th Apr 2007, 05:38
Hey flymarylaety! I don't know for sure that I can give you the right advice and all but since two of my friends are working at EK and I was selected this time, (we have something in common..) I think I can give you a small tip of how to be selected.:8

I think most of the Japanese candidate cared too much about their hair style, make-up, what to wear and all. But most candidates who have put so much energy in making their appearance look good failed.:=

The first tip I can give is to speak up at the GD, but don't be too full of yourself. Be keen to the atmosphere, know the flow. I can assure you speaking up clearly and loudly is the key to remain as a candidate.

The second tip is to be confident to yourself. KNOW that you're gonna be selected, because then, you will naturally have a smile on your face.:O :) :O

The third tip is to laugh whenever they are making a joke or when you're talking. They will like you if you're smiling and laughing all the time (but don't go crazy:E ).

The last tip but not least, you don't have to give them clever answer. But LISTEN to what they are asking you. Be NATURAL when answering.
You don't have to be pretty (coz I know I am not), you just gotta be tall to clear the arm reach. Give them some charm and you'll get the job.

All 3 of us (me, and my two friends) we are not fakers. We have natural smile and we are not afraid to face new people.;) That's what we have in common.
I hope this helps. Ah, and I also think that what you majored in college doesn't really matter either. Good luck mate!:ok:

Mr.XCNBY33S
13th Apr 2007, 05:43
md13--> Thanks for the info about online quiz! Do you also know anything about Name badge and ID card..??

Thanks in advance!

cart tart-->
flyflyflying-->
Flying June 1st?! Can't wait to c ya mate!!;)

webwebbingloop
13th Apr 2007, 05:46
Dear fellow Ppruner's!

Im sure it may have been mentioned here in the past, didn't have the time to go back and look at all the previous posts. But a friend of mine works for Etihad, and I know there have been alot of bad posts written about them. Truth be known Emirates had a huge number of problems in there first few years of operation in the 80's, and I am sure they still have there fair share now. Running an airline is not a mickey mouse operation, and requires alot of time to prosper. So in along round about way, I would encourage people who want to be cabin crew to apply there also. The friend of mine thinks it is an awesome company and only getting better with time, and the right talented people. That's YOU!

Give it ago! Don't just think Emirates is it!

GOOD LUCK!

Tasha_28
13th Apr 2007, 07:37
OK I have my Open Day tomorrow and I am so excited!!

I have noticed that they ask for a letter of recommendation from your current employer?
I think its a bit cheeky asking my current boss for a letter....I am able to get a letter of reference from a past employer, not a problem but asking my current for a letter so I can leave his company may leave me on shakey ground if I dont get this job with Emirates!:sad:

Who did you guys get your letters from?

Loving this site, it has provided me with so much invaluable information and hearing about everyones success and happiness is awesome!

Fingers Crossed!
Wish me luck
xoxox
;)
Tash

Elouise
13th Apr 2007, 09:10
Hi guys... Will it be advantage for an FA aspirant like me to enroll in an Airline Ground Steward/Stewardess Course and pay the tuition for a month? Will it that be practical enough to spent? and is there a big chance to be hired to that said airline training?

Tnx guys... Hope you can advice me

skt_84
13th Apr 2007, 15:24
Hey does anyone know on average how much a flight costs with the emirates discount for family mebers??

flymarylaety
13th Apr 2007, 15:37
Thanks so much Mr. XCNBY33S for all those advices!!

I know i need to work on myself and not be stressed out once there! that will be a killer and give a wrong impression of myself! :\
But i'm so excited about that interview and about working at Emirates that i feel pain in my stomach when i think about my interview process! haha! :p

Yes i don't want to put too much make up on. I have bought a nice business suit, and i'll try to tie hair up (strict or more losen style? i don't feel strict style suits me). For my make-up I'll keep it natural, as i do everyday.

So yeah i'll try to smile and be relaxed and natural! ;)

<><><>

So do you have to bring a recommendation letter to the Open Day??

Tasha_28: good luck for tomorrow! :) you'll make it!
let us know how it went!

Mr.XCNBY33S
14th Apr 2007, 05:34
Tasha_28, hi there! I got my recommendation letter from my uni. professor and from my current boss. Yea, I thought the same, asking my boss for a recommendation letter so that I can apply to a new company??! What the heck would my boss think of me, right? But some of the people on this site and myself asked our bosses and their responses were very warm and welcoming. Maybe the reaction of your boss would be the same too, why don't you give it a shot? Who knows how they react, right?;)

Elouise, hello:p I hear many rumors about those airline courses, good ones and bad ones. I just definately know that not all students from those schools who paid alot of money are definately guaranteed to be hired by the airlines. On the other hand, I read some articles saying that some airline rather prefer students who have trained through those academies. I personally have a feeling that Emirates are not the type. I hope this helps your concern gal:)

skt_84, hey there! Emirates usually gives 90% off discount for your family members, but what I guess is that they give you discount from their original ticket price. Say original ticket costs 2000$ to fly from your country to Dubai, then they will give you 90% off, which you only have to pay 200$.
I assume they do not give you 90% off discount from those travel agency price, such as 700$ (campaign fee) from your country to Dubai. This is a bit confusing but I hope you get the idea.

flymarylaety, hi! Yep, I did bring my recommendation letter on the Open day, I don't know if this helped me get through their screening but I got in anyways, haha! I hope this helps and good luck to you girl:ok:

luckyeye13
14th Apr 2007, 18:57
Hello,

I have another question about the Open Day. If I get through to the interview, I want to make sure that I don't look like a cartoon character wearing the same thing each day. So, I would like to know if anyone has any tips on what a guy should wear to the open day. I know that I should probably be wearing suit and tie for the interview, but is it okay to be just slightly less formal for the Open Day?

Thanks for the help. This site has been extremely helpful, so far, and I think it will definitely keep helping me as I go through the application process. Anyone else here going to Glasgow for the Open Day?

flymarylaety
15th Apr 2007, 09:37
*luckyeye13: Yes i have the same question... is that alright to be with the same business suit two or three days in a row if we get through all the stages of recruitment? I just have one good business suit that i want to wear for the Open Day to increase my chances of getting "noticed" and looking serious, but then for the other interview day, i'll be probably wearing the same...

Btw, there are two or three days of interview for the one getting hired?
I know on the second day you have the psychotest and a 1 hour interview... and then on the third?

When is the Open Day in Glascow? good luck to you too! ;)

*Mr.XCNBY33S: thanks again for all the explanations, you've been of a great help!!!! :D

I'm finishing my cover letter, if there's anyone already hired by Emirates that want to have a quick look at it, let me know! :)

Akwasi2007
16th Apr 2007, 05:51
I am new, but I have read every message, and was wondering if anyone could help me? I have the group careers website from top to bottem and it doesn't say if they come to America for open days or Assessment days! I don't think they do but I read somewhere that the once came to Mexico.
I live in California so Mexico wouldn't be a problem, but if anyone could shead some more light on EK coming to the Southwestern U.S.A. or Mexico I would greatly appriciate it.

shinners
16th Apr 2007, 11:24
someone told me that for a guy is very hard being hired because they want almost only girls
is it true?

umzy
16th Apr 2007, 13:37
Hey ,
Maybe you heared correct BUT they do recruit Guys, don't know or sure about his but I've read somewhere that 2,3 guys in 11 crew is necessary (somebody correct me if I am wrong) . And the same way they recruit, like for final results of any assesment day there are 2-3 guys and 9-11 girls BUT thats just my observation .

Anybody with correct facts and figures and yeah knowleddge can answer better ;) (maybe some1 frm EK :) )

mambofly1
16th Apr 2007, 19:18
hi to all in here.keep up the good work.:). I'm male 24 from penang, malaysia.im definitely an emirates cabin crew wannabe. there will be an open day this weekend in penang and kl. anyone from penang/kl going for open day? sass atlantic will do the interview,do anyone know about this sass atlantic?anyone that go through interview with sass antlantic b4,and get the job or not?current steward/dess from malaysia?especially penang and kl?
do they accept male applicant?heard that nowdays they only accept female.(i check out sass attlantic website)can i go open day despite they only want female applicant?any tips for me,enlight me please.thank you in advance for all who answers this.:ok::)

xuanshyuan
17th Apr 2007, 13:41
There are the EK open day in my country this coming saturday,
May I ask, if i dont have register b4 and straight go the walk in interview is it okie?!?! Since the website have write down:Preliminary selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency Sass Atlanticclick here (javascript:register() to register.
Thx thx...:)

mytcrew
17th Apr 2007, 16:37
Oh my gosh you guys, I got the call!!!!!!!!!
Just as I was going to send in my Etihad medical, Emirates called me and I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Start training June 22nd!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else that starts training on June 22 nd???

SEE YOU IN DUBAI!!!!!

sparklyeyes
17th Apr 2007, 17:16
Congratulations mytcrew!:D

Just out of curiosity, how long ago was your final interview before Emirates got back to you? Is your medical already done?

sparklyeyes

mytcrew
17th Apr 2007, 17:50
Thanks sparklyeyes!
I had my final interview in london on march 13th!
trust me, the waiting have been horrible!

I have to do the medical now, but since I completed everything for Etihad, it won't take long, just go back to the doctor and have him sign the Emirates form as well, he has all the results and x rays already:=)

Have you got the job or still waiting?

flymarylaety
17th Apr 2007, 19:35
CONGRATS mtcrew!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

you're sooooo lucky!
Oh my God 5 weeks to wait before they get back to you, i'll be dying!!!!!!

You must be so happy! :ok: i so much wish i was you! hehe :O

Still getting ready for my Open Day at the end of the month... which kind of questions did they ask you when you were in group interviews? and in the 1 hour interview?
How long did the whole thing took? 2 days, 3 days?

good luck with your new exciting life!

mytcrew
17th Apr 2007, 20:37
Thanks!!!!! It's so unbeliaveable!!!
The first group task was to design a new uniform for emirates and then present it to the other group, plus introduce ourselves.

Second group task was the standard one:) You are a group of businessmen and you are arranging a motivational seminary, and this and this has to be in it aso.. they asked us all individual questions after our task to make sure that we really were listening so when you agree and smile and all that, don't forget to actually remember what solutions you guys came up with:)

But like so many others have said, it's not about what you say, it's your approach, attitude and your personality that's important.

Just be positive and calm, friendly and relaxed and confident:):)

Don't be overtalkative!!!! just be pleasant and a great teammember!!!

cart tart
18th Apr 2007, 02:09
hey guys....

recieved the call a few weeks ago, and sent my medicals off just over 2 weeks ago now - and stilll waiting!! :confused:
on my 'soft' copy of the contract they have me leaving on the 1st of june - so i need to know asap so i can resign!
how long was it after meds until everyone heard?
i know my meds are all good... they cant say 'no' now can they??? :(

cart tart xxx

sleepingbeauty
18th Apr 2007, 04:35
hey cart tart! i sent my medical reports last week and i haven't received any confirmation that they actually received the medical reports i submitted. is that normal not to get any reply? so by the way, i emailed them yesterday and asked if they have received it and they just said, they will just keep in touch with me. is that okay? are there instances that your health check up was okay but then all of a sudden they're gonna reject you? yikes! :\ i hope theres nothing like that!

goodluck to everyone! the waiting game is not yet finish! haha

flyflyflying
18th Apr 2007, 08:55
Hi cart tart and sleepingbeauty, me too sent my medicals via email about 2 weeks ago. I called to check whether they've received immedaitely and was told they'll call me again. Since then only time I heard from them was to ask me to reconfirm acceptance of contract. Am leaving 1st June too and now just still waiting...

amame
18th Apr 2007, 08:57
Hi all,
I just come back from the interview and I just personally think that it might be useful to post some of my story here.

I applied for Emirates last week throught the website and a few days later they called me for an interview at the Crew Center. (I'm in Dubai) Before today, I have never read anything about the interview at all. I just got an idea of being a crew, cos my boyfriend is one of them.

Over the phone, I was told to wear the business attire with natural make up. However when I was there, I saw one candidate showed up with very tiny skirt. Another one was wearing knee length boots. I was quite surprised.

I was there at the appointed time at 7.30 am. The real show starts at 10.30 I think. Lots of people were late.

I was sitting in the group discussion, 15 including myself. The topic was "Should we give the mobile to the children? If yes, at what age and if no, why not?"

As soon as the recruiter shut up, everyone started talking and nobody listened to anyone else. It was a big mess in the beginning. I didnt want to interrupt other when they were talking, so I stopped everytime I want to say something. There were like 7 people in the group who got a chance to speak. 2 of them acted like the group leader. 10 mins later, the discussion finished and I didnt even get a chance to open my mouth. It actually look more like an arguing to me, not a discussion!

10 mins later, we have recieved the letters. Definitely I'm out of it with no doubt! Besides all those 7 who talked, all gone as well. For those 7, the 2 who act as leaders are gone, the rest are all in. And yeah, they are those who is wearing micro skirt, knee boot and another gal who show up at almost 10.

I didnt have anything against the way they dress. However I feel funny with myself for waking up at 4.30 in the morning to put on my best suit and try to be there on time. I have no doubt for my fail, cos like I mentioned, I didnt get a chance to talk.

I might try again after 6 months to see if I start shouting like them, will I be in!

Good luck all!

md13
18th Apr 2007, 10:37
Hi Guys

People that are waiting for their final call ... its normal if you guys didnt get a call straight away. As long as you guys have confirmed with them that they have everything then its all good

im due to fly 18/05 and they have confirmed everything to me by email. It took them a bout 3 weeks after i sent them my medical till i got the final ok. So i wouldnt worry about it too much. just make sure you have rang them and confirmed that they have all your medical reports.

This is probably the worst part of the whole process but hang in there guys youll be fine.

anyway hope that helps

see you guys there:)

mytcrew
18th Apr 2007, 20:29
I just have a question!
I received the phone call from Dubai yesterday and they said they would send me the email regarding the medical forms and the online joining thing by today, but I haven't recieved it!

Why???Should I worry about this?

mat2k
18th Apr 2007, 20:38
Hello everyone,

I rode in on of the previous posts that some of you brought a cover letter along to the open day. I didn't prepare any, so I wonder, do the recruitement team actually ask for a cover letter on the open day?

thank you

sleepingbeauty
19th Apr 2007, 01:20
hey sweetie! as long as you got the 'famous' call, there's nothing to worry about.:) just wait for their email :) good luck to your medical!

sleepingbeauty
19th Apr 2007, 01:25
about bringing a cover letter on the open day itself, im not sure if its necessary, but when i went to the initial screening, i didn't have to bring one. i don't know how the recruitment works in there, but its better if you prepare right? :) good luck to you!

Tasha_28
19th Apr 2007, 02:01
Well I am pretty much done with my interview stuff for now!

I got through all of the stages, about 6 of those letters to open saying "Congratulations your through" or "Sorry your not in"
Very exciting making it through each round!!
I then had my 2 on 1 interview with each of the recruiters on Tuesday which wasn't so good...I only finished Year 11 in HighSchool before moving on to be a Make up artist for 10 years and then went on to do more study to work in Finance (got my Certificate IV by doing a course, not University) which I thought would be enough.

She said I HAD to have year 12 :{

I said that the online form gave the option to pick "Completed Yr 10, Yr 12, University etc" The paperwork I filled out gave a similar option to which I selected Yr 11 with further study.
So thats pretty disappointing :( but after talking about that for a bit they then went on to interview me for a further 45 minutes:confused:

At the end she took all the things they asked me to bring along - Photos, letter of employment etc, said it all looked fine and that she could send it off.
Sooo Im not really sure, Im really hoping that not completing Yr 12 but having further academic, sales and customer service skills will get me through.
Why interview me further if I cant get in?
And why say they would send my stuff if I dont meet the criteria??

What do you guys think???

Tash
:p

mytcrew
19th Apr 2007, 06:51
Thanks sleepingbeauty:) And I guess it's weekend now as well so I won't get it until saturday probably... The waiting hell with EK..;)

Have a nice day guys!

mytcrew
19th Apr 2007, 07:12
Just to let you know, I just phoned them and they said everything is fine and that they just have some problems with the emails. I should get it by saturday or sunday she said:)

It's crazy huh how worried we all get here for everything:}

luckyeye13
19th Apr 2007, 15:14
Just another quick question. (I will probably have many more of those as May 5 gets nearer. :) ) How many reference letters do we need to bring with us? Is it just the one from our current employer or do we need more than that?

mat2k
19th Apr 2007, 20:09
thank you Sleeping B...
@lucky : lol; it seems I'm not the only one confused with the different letters and other documents to bring...

flymarylaety
19th Apr 2007, 21:15
Hey mat2k!

Are you going to the Open Day in Paris??? me too! :) one week to wait! :O

flymarylaety
19th Apr 2007, 21:19
Aname,

Thanks a lot for sharing your story with us! it'll be useful!
Just try Emirates a second time, or any other company! I'm sure you'll make it that time!
Don't lose faith! ;) :ok:

sleepingbeauty
20th Apr 2007, 00:53
luckyeye13- they require 2 reference letters :) good luck to all of you!:)

anyway, i suggest everyone to use the search function of this site and try to type "emirates cabin crew". you will be able to read past topics regarding emirates cabin crew recruitment and its just of great help! its also so funny how we all feel anxious and nervous with the recruitment process of emirates!:eek:

im hoping for the best though :)

piggie80
20th Apr 2007, 07:21
Hi, all,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask of this, if not, then anyone can advise where to? or does anyone know what kinda benefits would a ground staff get with EK make in Dubai?

I think i almost give up the dream to become a cabin crew with EK, but I got an invitation to take the interview for the ground staff next Monday. I'm not so sure if it's worthwhile to move from China to Dubai, and if there is chance for me to actually be promoted/transferred to do other job, such as Cabin Crew? or is this just another bubble which is bound to get smashed?

thanks for any advice

flying explorer
20th Apr 2007, 09:15
what does a refernce letter contain? does it have to come from my most recent employer?

GBB
20th Apr 2007, 15:45
Hey everyone.
Is there anybody out there from Bahrain open day?
Did anybody get rejected already or maybe they called to tell u to start medicals?
Anybody from BAH 03 APR? :)

flymarylaety
20th Apr 2007, 17:40
Flying explorer:
What my boss did for my reference letter is to write about my duties, and qualities.

I have a question about that: how does it have to be presented? in an envelop? One of my previous boss handled one to me hand to hand, the letter is signed but without envelop... is that ok? how i am supposed to give it to the recruiters?

flying explorer
21st Apr 2007, 03:26
thanks, flymarylaety! i think you should give it upon applicatioeven without an envelope. im not sure though because i haven't tried doing it yet. i hope someone can answer our questions.

Gone U/S
22nd Apr 2007, 03:13
Hey guys

Just going through the contract and wanted to ask you all a question in regards to pay.

we get paid a basic allowance per month
we get paid a flight pay allowance per hour of flying

do we get paid an allowance for when we arrive in an outer port ... normally at the hotel check in desk we get this currently?? Do EK do anything similar as it was not in the soft copy contract?

Also ...

in terms of flying hours - how many do we do per month. It does not mention this in the soft copy contract. Is there a minimum and a maximum and we can stipulate anything in between

Ie. Will there be an opportunity to do overtime in order to earn more money???

I dont know any current EK crew either so any info I get on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :ok:

helfsich
22nd Apr 2007, 05:59
On layovers we always get 'per diems' which is the food allowance given to us by the company via the hotel. The amount varies depending on the length of stay and the standard of living/the hotel of the destination.

Flying hours vary per month, personally I have done between 50-90 per month. It will vary on the type of flights you get, and will decrease if you have leave or ground school for that month.

You can't really set your min/max flying hours with the company... I guess you can bid for a certain number of flying hours in the bidding system, but once the rosters are released you take things flight-by-flight. The flights with the highest amount of hours tend to be JFK and the Australian flights, and these are quite difficult to swap into.

I do know that if you're on a day off you can register your interest as being free on that day for flying, however they have to go through all the crew on standby first, and check that you're legal to operate.

Hope that helps

mcluhan
22nd Apr 2007, 09:09
same here , ususlly about 60 - 90 hours a month .

webwebbingloop
22nd Apr 2007, 22:25
If I was you, when filling out the EK application I would also DEF fill one out for Etihad! Check this link out......they have 1200 positions available! They are just going into over drive with their recruitment!

http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/careers/jobListing.aspx?did=2#

Seriously consider applying to EY!

Good Luck

flying explorer
23rd Apr 2007, 03:10
how do you keep your hair in place? do you use a gel or a hair mousse?

flymarylaety
23rd Apr 2007, 12:11
I will be using a hair spray.... hope that works!

which open day will you be attending? :)

Charlene85
23rd Apr 2007, 21:22
Im going to Manchester assessment day this Thurs!! Yay! But i cant remember if i need to take my cv and photos??? Or is that jst an open day u need them for??? Let me know please!! Thanking you xx

flying explorer
24th Apr 2007, 00:53
im just planning to apply online first. i'll see who responds first.

charlene85, you need to bring the requirements as well.

tsteddy2004
25th Apr 2007, 15:31
Hi everyone,

I just got a call from EK to invite me to an assessment day in London in May. Does anyone know if u procedure would be the same in everywhere and any tips for the assessment day would be greatly appreciated!!

Do u think they value work experience and languages a lot? I come from HK but been studying in the UK for many years, do u think being able to speak chinese is a great advantage ? would they consider that even i may not perform as well as native eng speakers in the group discussion?

thanks

sparklyeyes
25th Apr 2007, 19:38
hello tsteddy2004!

how long did it take for emirates to contact you after you submitted your application for an assessment day?? i'm planning on submitting mine soon for the May 31 assessment day in london, I hope I have enough time??

thanks
sparklyeyes

tsteddy2004
25th Apr 2007, 22:19
Hi sparklyeyes (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=172026),

I have sumbitted my applicaiton online about 10 days ago before I got the call from them. I will be going to London for the interview. good luck with ur application!
:O

Gone U/S
26th Apr 2007, 03:06
Hi all

Thanks again for some great answers to all the different questions asked. I really enjoy reading this thread everyday (does that make me a nerd?? :\ )

I just have another quick question ...

How long before you leave do you get the email telling you to resign from your current employer?

AND

How long before you leave do you get your airline etkt?

I've done my medical, been asked to reconfirm my acceptance via email but i am still waiting on the email from HR to tell me to resign from my current airline. How long before fly out date does this normally occur??

Thanks everyone and enjoy!

Tasha_28
26th Apr 2007, 05:28
Hi Gone U/S

Congrats on getting through!!

I notice your in Sydney??

I am waiting to hear back from my final interview in Perth the other day(10 days ago)....can I just ask, how long did it take for them to let you know that you had the job?

Do you know anyone who got the rejection email? and how long it took for Emirates to let them know they hadn't been successful?

My 2 on 1 didn't go so well so I am checking about 5 times a day to see if I get that nasty lil rejection email!
It's driving me NUTS!! haha :bored:

Tash
x
:p

Tasha_28
26th Apr 2007, 05:33
Oh and P.S. Yah it's a tad Nerdy but we are all here so we can all be Nerds together!! haha :8

x

flying explorer
26th Apr 2007, 05:57
tasha_28, you might wanna check their website regarding duration of respone or result of your final interview. as far as i remember, i have read somewhere that if they do not send you an email for a certain number of weeks, it means the person didnt get through. I hope you get in, though. I wish all of here the best of luck! Pray hard for it.

skt_84
26th Apr 2007, 08:12
Hey everyone!! Is there anyone who flies out May 18th???

flyflyflying
26th Apr 2007, 09:34
Hi Gone U/S I'm also waiting for the final word since submitting my medicals about 3 weeks ago. I'm scheduled to depart on 1st June, what about you?

And hello Tasha_28, I got my call from Dubai about 6 weeks :hmm: after my final interview. Probably because I sent my reference letters later (I didn't have them with me at the interview). Apparently those who got the 'bad news email' hear sooner, about 2 - 3 weeks after the finals.

I hope you'd be successful and looking forward to meeting everyone in Dubai!

Charlene85
26th Apr 2007, 11:47
Well, just actually out of the group discussion! Still in the radisson using the computer. Unfortunatly i didnt get through.:rolleyes: Gutted. Not much to tell you though. I did notice though in the group discussion.. all of the leaders of the conversating got through... which makes you think you really dont have a clue what they are looking for!:ugh: I spotted a few who i thought they would definately hire and they got through. You can just tell by their image and what they look like. Im gutted but hey, ill try again in 6 months!! :) xx

Gone U/S
26th Apr 2007, 14:39
Hey all
Almost the weekend upon us! Time to get those dancing shoes out of the cupboard :p
Tasha_28 - Congrats on getting so far into the recruitment process. I just had a look at when they sent me my contract and I was lucky as it took them just under two weeks between when I had my final interview and received the phone call to say "Come on down!!!"
Dont get too stressed up about it and remember that Friday is the weekend in Dubai so they won't be ringing you now until at least Monday.
flyflyflying - to you my dear congratulations on being successful. When do you fly out?? I'm in the middle of June.
I told EK that I require 1 month notice in order to resign from my current employer so I wonder if they take that into account when they send you the email asking you to resign. Do you think that if i said i only needed 6 weeks notice I would have known by know and similarly do you think it i only needed 2 weeks notice that email would be delayed even more :confused: Or perhaps it goes a little something like this: :ugh:I'm reading into things to much :ugh:
Finally to everyone trying for EK crew - best of luck!!
Charlene85 try not to be too cut up about not getting into EK. I think you are right in that they don't always know what they are looking for. The key is to just be yourself ... If only you knew how I behaved at the interview. I actually went for moral support for a girlfriend of mine who wanted the job. Unfortunately she failed the reach test and i made it through to say Chicken or Beef for the next three years!! :cool:

flyflyflying
26th Apr 2007, 16:26
I'm scheduled to fly out 1st June, training to start 7th June. Yeah I was just discussing this notice period issue with a friend who's also joining EK. It doesn't seem to matter to EK whether you need 2 weeks or 2 months. I am self employed and I have stated I need 2 months to sort things out before departure. Well, I have not heard! It seems they call us candidates about 2 weeks before scheduled departure - anyone here can confirm that?

Though my medical results are good I don't want to assume I already got the job simply because we were told not to. However this state of limbo is definitely not helping us prepare for relocation - I don't even know whether I should get all packed and move out in a month's time! :rolleyes:

mat2k
26th Apr 2007, 20:02
Yes, sorry for the delay, I will attend the open day in paris too.
Hope to meet you there.:}

butter_fly
26th Apr 2007, 20:19
hey guys,

Is anyone flying out to Dubai on May 4th???

flymarylaety
26th Apr 2007, 20:30
Hay mat!

i'm flying to Paris tomorrow to be there on saturday! see you on saturday then (well, in case, my name is Laetitia I'm a 24 yrs french girl from Toulouse).. who knows maybe we'll be in the same group discussion :p

good luck to us!

i'll be checking my mails tomorrow from paris, so if anyone of you guys want to share a last word/tips/good luck msg, i'll read you! :ok:

laetitia

Tasha_28
27th Apr 2007, 01:48
I noticed that a few people have recently said they got the call within 2 weeks, Emirates must have really done a good job sorting out the recruitment process...I have gone through some past posts and noticed some poor people have had to wait over 6 months!

That would be very un-nerving :\

Well I am 11 days into the waiting, I have no nails left and everyone I know is making wishes for me on every star and eyelash....plus my sister who I have seen 2 times in 4 years (she lives in America) crossing her fingers so she can get cheap flights and come hang out with her big sis.:p

Very exciting!

sleepingbeauty
27th Apr 2007, 03:31
I've been trying to call emirates to follow up my application (re medical results) but there's no one answering!:bored:

looks like a lot of us are leaving for Dubai in June!:) by the way, EX-CCMEMBER told me that when he called the emirates office, he was told that they work on a priority basis. so maybe now, they're confirming all the medicals and stuff for those traveling sooner than all of us!

so i guess we all just have to wait for everything:)

so by the way, when i received the letter from the cabin crew recruitment team,

Work hours:
Sat to Friday - from 0700hrs to 1700hrs

does this mean they don't have rest days?:confused:

mytcrew
27th Apr 2007, 07:31
Tasha: I got my call 5 weeks after my final interview:) Don't worry, I have good feelings, you'll be fine:)

Sleepingbeauty:
About the office answering calls, they do, you just gotta keep on ringing!
I once called 10 minutes constantly, and finally they answered;)

I just sent my medicals as well, and I am scheduled to fly June 22nd. Don't wanna wait that long!!!!:) :)

Hope you guys are doing great, and I can't wait until we all come down to DBX!!!!
Have an awesome weekend!!!

BRISBANEemirates
27th Apr 2007, 11:10
I received my call on a Friday (in Dubai).. so they must work on fridays. I have submitted my medicals, and am now just waiting to hear back. I know of two other girls who have received confirmation, and have been asked to resign.

The waiting game.... again.

mytcrew
27th Apr 2007, 11:48
I know! The waiting is a killer! I mean, we know that it will be fine, it's just that we want it on paper:)

We'll hear back soon about the medicals, don't worry:) And as long as the doctor marked "fit" and all that, we'll be fine:):):)

Tasha_28
28th Apr 2007, 02:32
Thanks you guys!

I hope to look back at this time in a few months and laugh (maybe with some other wannabes a bar somewhere in Dubai haha :hmm:) at how funny we were back when we were waiting to hear the good news!

::wait wait wait::

mat2k
28th Apr 2007, 14:33
Since I received that mail one month ago from emirates I rode a lot about the company, I have been through all the posts in this forums, trying to understand what the recruitement team was looking for and above all, being ready for all kinds of questions.

we were 140 this morning in Paris, just 1 minute per persons to hand their cvs,one single question per person, no questions/answers session.
a letter, #11, thank you for coming, you're out.

conclusion:
I don't understand.