PDA

View Full Version : CRM; Pilots only to be trained by pilots according to JAA

Scandinavian
17th Dec 2006, 08:02
Is it correct, that JAA from January 2007 introduce a new rule, which states that CRM for pilot is only to be taught by pilots?
I know that this has been practised in the UK for a long time, but is it coming to the rest of us?
During my many years in aviation, I have been facilitated by a lot of very good “experts” – those being former navigators, air traffic controllers and even highly skilled cabin crew. What is going to happen to them – will they have to get a PPL or do they need an ATPL?

Blue Coyote
18th Dec 2006, 17:13
Where did the info come from for this? :confused:

I am a UK based non-aircrew CRM instructor and no-one has told me I may have problems re-validating next year.

If you can give some more details I'd like to follow it up.

Cheers :ok:

Clandestino
19th Dec 2006, 06:39
Yes it's true. As a part of a package, there will also be requirement that all Milka chocolates, included in crew meals, have to be wrapped up by a rabbi approved kosher marmot.:}

C'mon Scandinavian, yo're either gulllible or trying to flame us.

My CRM teachers were mechanics, maintenance engineers, flight atendants, first officers, captains and TRI/TREs and they all did a good job of teaching CRM to me and my colleagues. It also speaks volumes about inclusive characterof CRM.

CD
19th Dec 2006, 16:26
Here is the link to the proposed changes and responses to comments:
NPA-OPS 42: Crew Resource Management (http://www.jaa.nl/secured/Operations/Public%20Documents/NPA-OPS%20%28adopted%29/NPA-OPS%2042%20%26%20CRD%20adopted%20by%20JAAC%2006-2.pdf)

Blue Coyote
19th Dec 2006, 17:13
Thanks CD

The NPA is all about assessment of CRM as part of the line check which fairly obviously is going to be done by a pilot [CRMI (line)] as opposed to a CRMI (ground) like myself who should still be able to do the classroom stuff.

I still can't see anything yet that says I'm out of a job so I'll try not to worry.

Cheers Folks :ok:

Tigs2
20th Dec 2006, 09:19
It's for CRMI -line rather than Ground, as Blue C says. Getting rid of other professions involved with CRM training would be a real retrograde step.