PDA

View Full Version : Dubai Pay Increase for 2007????

thunderfromdownunder
29th Nov 2006, 22:54
Is there any news about proposed pay increase for Dubai ATC. Few guys here watching to see what develops.

Dct no speed
1st Dec 2006, 19:04
There are always rumours and this year the rumour is..............there will be lots and lots of.............. and even more of..................? Is there not a song with the words: "should I stay or should I go now.....?????" :p

We are allllllllllllllll waiting!!!!!! :}

prowler
2nd Dec 2006, 07:24
hey guys it is true Rumours are Rumours:*

But bells dont ring for NOTHIN.. do they???:rolleyes:

Heard ther was 'talk' that guys 'C O U L D' be very happy with the new proposed increase of between 12% - 30%....:ooh:

Lets wait n SEE, what the outcome 'll BE........

For now we keep fingers X'd.....for a more couple of beers.....:ok:

Dct no speed
5th Dec 2006, 18:56
Tick.tick.tick.tick..........waiting Cv in Hand!

desertrose
6th Dec 2006, 06:35
:confused: Still waiting..........................:{
I wonder how long we still have to wait? Maybe they will tell us at the Serco Christmas Party on the 15th???????

AirNoServicesAustralia
6th Dec 2006, 12:22
Out of interest are you guys still on pretty much what we used to be on ie. Married with kids gets basic salary and housing allowance and education paid for, while without kids just gets the salary plus housing allowance with no education allowance, or are you on what we are on now, ie. All controllers no matter what the family status gets 33,000 dhs package (meaning guys with kids in school pretty much same end salary as before, no kids BIG increase).

Red Dragon
6th Dec 2006, 14:08
ANSA,

Salary plus benefits....and hope it stays that way (married with kids!).

:ok:

RD

AirNoServicesAustralia
6th Dec 2006, 16:01
Yep fair enough too. It also has caused alot of problems down here, due to the fact that new guys just arriving with no kids are pocketing almost 10,000 dh's a month more than guys who have been here 6 years. Doesn't seem fair really. But then I guess there is the other side of the argument, that is GCAA/DCA (whoever) is paying the same amount per controller to Serco, and a single controller works as many shifts and handles as many aircraft as a married guy with kids, so why should the married guys package be worth more. Still one thing we all agree on is that seniority and experience should be rewarded and in Abu Dhabi at least it isn't anymore.

Anyway good luck with your increase! Maybe with the big increase you can all chip in to hire a few more workers in to finish that damn second runway!!!:ugh: I mean Beirut's runway gets holes blown in it and they are up and running again inside a month. Dubai has their existing runway extended and strengthened and it takes how many years to finish :confused:

desertrose
7th Dec 2006, 03:35
ANSA
Rumour has it that there are some serious problems with the new runway, from what I hear they have to re-surface the runway again...... :ugh: after some time it will be ready for use......... Don't hold your breath, you might just die....:{

From what I understood from Mr Melvin they (Dubai) will not go the same way with the salary packages as Abu Dhabi, but who knows????:confused: They have been known to change their minds ever so often. We will just have to wait and see!

AirNoServicesAustralia
7th Dec 2006, 09:13
That's great news!!! Last month was the busiest ever by a long way, with average daily movements of 1291, and this month with Haj and the Asian Games in Doha will be even busier. 20 NM spacing during our busiest part of the day is just what we need.

Anyway as I said good luck with the pay rise!

desertrose
17th Dec 2006, 03:52
So, there we were all dressed-up and ready for the BIG announcement at the Christmas party!;)

Mr Melvin took the microphone.............we held our breaths...........and...............NOTHING!!! He said nothing about any increase of any kind!!:eek: :ugh: :{

I was hoping that we would know before Christmas, but it does not look good!

Dct no speed
17th Dec 2006, 04:08
It is said ....No news is good news......but i think who ever said that,;) was clearly not working for any ATC organization.;)

throw a dyce
17th Dec 2006, 09:37
Probably lining you up for a pay or allowances cut.:ok: Divide and rule ex Nats etc.
Ask EGPD staff circa early 1990's about EBM!:hmm:

Dct no speed
17th Dec 2006, 18:15
Probably lining you up for a pay or allowances cut.:ok: Divide and rule ex Nats etc.
Ask EGPD staff circa early 1990's about EBM!:hmm:

Was his hands also tied then, but he heard your what you said?????:\

AirNoServicesAustralia
18th Dec 2006, 03:44
At least down this end of Sheikh Z Highway, we never hear about increases until late January, so we don't ever expect to hear anything at our christmas party.

Be patient guys, my attitude is that Oz is short of controllers, NZ is short of controllers, Muscat is short, Bahrain is short, we are all short, as a result Sth Africa is more than short, Canada is short of controllers, and all reports are that the U.S is heading for a staffing crisis cos you guessed it they are short of controllers, so the last thing Serco/GCAA/DCA can afford to do is lose the guys they have by penny pinching when the well is bone dry for replacements.

We are all in a great position right now, and as the traffic grows and the shortages around the world cause more and more delays, our bargaining postion can only improve. Cheers :ok:

AirNoServicesAustralia
18th Dec 2006, 09:30
Jors maybe they haven't already tried the recruitment from other places yet in Dubai, but they have been there and done that in the ACC and it didn't work, and as time goes by and the job gets even more difficult here, it gets even more unlikely that the "other" western controllers would rate here. I don't know about Approach and how many failures you have there, but down here we have quite a lot, and so while in your case you may be correct, it won't be happening here in a hurry, otherwise it is just a waste of everybodys time and money cos they just don't validate.

Maybe I should have worded my last post better, and said the bargaining position for an area controller is getting better and better all the time. Sorry.

RustyNail
19th Dec 2006, 00:27
Unfortunately the local "managers" do not appreciate or understand the massive increase in traffic numbers, poor equipment and low salaries in the ME.
Those expat's in a position of influence (management) either cant be bothered changing with the times, or (more accurately) do not have the ability to make any changes. Why would they mess with a gaurenteed retirement pay-out by making waves, yes sir may I have another!
Those controllers in AUH, BAH, QTR and DXB need medals and massive salaries, the amoutn that is being offered in todays climate for the work that is being done is insulting.
:D

BOK2GO
19th Dec 2006, 06:24
What's become of this world when the guys in the M E are complaining about salaries.......?:bored:

Dct no speed
19th Dec 2006, 10:49
:} :} :} :}
Have you seen the price of the new 2007 Porche Boxter ????? Shocking!!!!! ......and the boat needs a new Engine....... plus flying Business class is really becoming a bit much.

The beach house needs a bit of new stuff and the World Cup in France is not going to be a cheap affair!!!!

Greedy never!!!!:ok:

futr-kofeshop-dweler
20th Dec 2006, 14:15
Maybe I should have worded my last post better, and said the bargaining position for an area controller is getting better and better all the time. Sorry.

I've seen lots of Area Controllers not make it in Approach, never heard of an Approach Controller not making it in Area.

P.S. Done both so know the difference....

AirNoServicesAustralia
20th Dec 2006, 15:24
Calm down mate it wasn't an "area is better than approach" argument. It was purely down to supply versus demand. Right now for area the well has run pretty dry, and when they have tried to recruit area controllers from "new" places it has pretty much failed. The point I was making wasn't any kind of slur against Approach controllers, just in response to jors troolie's comment about finding new places to get controllers from, I was saying it hasn't worked in the ACC, and as such maybe our bargaining position is better. Maybe not, but chill out.

Dct no speed
20th Dec 2006, 18:59
Dear Uncle Eric

Please Sir ,May I have some more?;)

DNS

desertrose
20th Dec 2006, 21:44
Now, now "Oliver", you should know better then to ask for more!
But it is worth a try!! I'll join the queue behind you!

futr-kofeshop-dweler
25th Dec 2006, 22:26
rumour has it from a reliable source that it will be a 25% pay increase this year (2007) and also 25% in 2008!!! Whhoooo hooo we'll all be rich!

Dct no speed
26th Dec 2006, 05:24
f-k-d,
I thought you stopped smoking that S:mad: man! :sad:
I think you missed the , (2,5 %) Remember his hands are tied!:ok:
Happy New Year !:cool:

futr-kofeshop-dweler
26th Dec 2006, 10:24
For real, a very very reliable source has said that they can't afford to lose any more staff, so this will be a very substantial raise in the 25% ball park. Again, don't quote me, but it's the latest figure being thrown around, and includes housing!

camisa10
26th Dec 2006, 15:04
Question:
Why did so many controllers from "new" locations fail? What's the problem,are they stupid,illiterate:sad: ...or is there a problem with instructors and OJT?
I've heard about unsuccessful candidates from Malaysia ,but I've also heard that couple of guys from SE Europe passed...
Can somebody please enlighten me?
Thanks

Dct no speed
26th Dec 2006, 16:13
Dubai : Burj Al Arab, Palm Jumeirah, and Approach ! No Malaysians:=

Abu Dhabi:...................,................and Area Control ! Failed Malaysians!:}
This is where they seperate the men from the boys! Also the real money earners in the UAE! :ok:

Myway or the highway
31st Dec 2006, 05:19
hey J T

your forgot about the possible 10-20% income tax they look like imposing around 2008, how will that affect you lot there?

do you think Serco will increase your pay again to take account of that or maybe if you get that now, that is why they are giving it to you? I suggest a few of the guys may uproot and leave if that were to happen!

cheers

prowler
31st Dec 2006, 09:24
hey J T

your forgot about the possible 10-20% income tax they look like imposing around 2008, how will that affect you lot there?

hey MyW or HiW.....

Do u really think that in UAE it WILL NO LONGER BE TAXFREE??:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Until then :ok: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!:ok:

throw a dyce
2nd Jan 2007, 08:24
There seems to other rumours on the Middle East forum about proposed Income Tax.2008 is only 12 months away,or 15 and a bit months for the UK tax system.
What about stealth taxes on petrol,property,VAT etc? Also if you are a UK national don't you still have to pay class 3 National Insurance?
The cold wind of heavier taxation might be spreading up the Gulf sooner than you think.:hmm:
One of the threads said that Emirates would not increase wages to offset any proposed Income Tax.:uhoh:

atcpino
11th Jan 2007, 00:43
I think they will tell you people how much the raise will be, the same day they invite me to come over ( I applied for a job almost a year ago, still waiting for an invitation to do a test)

Funk
11th Jan 2007, 10:59
sorry for the thread creep, but if there is a going to be income tax here....byyyeee:yuk:
I won't be putting up with deadly roads, being a 2nd class citizen (resident) and bloody income tax....I am not panicking yet introducing income tax or any tax system isn't an overnight proposition it took the Russians years to get theirs up and running. As well I don't think the nearly half a million local emiratis will be too happy about paying income tax and only 7000 of them being eligible to vote for less than half of the seats in the FNC (pseudo parliament)
By then I should be back home on the dole ......or.....Kiwi maybe:}

futr-kofeshop-dweler
15th Jan 2007, 02:24
Well...

Supposedly word from the Front Office came down today that the contract is all signed and a big 8% raise this year and another 8% raise last year, and our phone allowance gets a 100% raise to 30 dhs (about $8 US) per month. That makes up for the 25% a year inflation!!!

At least some Portuguese guy won the "How low will our raise be?" pool. He's RICH now!!!

KLATC
16th Jan 2007, 17:24
Hey guys im new to the site, which by the way is fantasic keep up the good work, but i came here in search of the ever so loving job opportunities that abu dubai may have or that will be come available shortly...i have tower, approach, non radar and FAA center experience, and im currently working in afghanistan doing ATC...being im sure you guys have the worst turnover rate lol i just need some info on who to fax or mail my CV into for a middle east job. appreciate the help. cheers!

KL:ok:

prowler
17th Jan 2007, 14:29
hey guys, gals & colleagues

Get READY for THE BIG DAY!!!!:rolleyes: :hmm: :hmm: :rolleyes:

2morrow It's GONNA BE ANNOUNCED....

Shall we get our WALLETs & BANK Accounts Ready or Passports Ready?

Lets keep our fingers X'd.....:ok:

Fox3snapshot
17th Jan 2007, 16:45
Wowzers, from Afghanistan to Abu Dhabi, won't be too hard a transition....the only real difference will be that our taxi drivers don't carry AK's, well not in the front seat anyway!

PM me for details on the UAE scene, happy to help.

:ok:

throw a dyce
17th Jan 2007, 21:58
Lets see,
My hands were tied but this is all I could get you....
My door is always open....
If you don't accept it then you can go home....
I need to keep my ''quality'' staff happy......
And whats EBM's bonus?

choclit runway
18th Jan 2007, 11:04
..............ANNND?.....................:) :eek: :{ :* :(

viaEGLL
18th Jan 2007, 15:19
I Heard a rumour it is going to be 8%:eek: :eek: :eek:

prowler
19th Jan 2007, 07:20
seems like viaEGLL is 99% correct..... = 8%:ugh:

A letter is gonna be sent out this week....It'll b Black on White.....:hmm:

prowler
23rd Jan 2007, 19:37
to Red DRAGON....

Hey Mate,

just read your post a few hours ago........Wers your post gone? Or do u like watchin GhostBusters?? Cumon mate.....:=

thunderfromdownunder
24th Jan 2007, 20:30
any updates on the dubai pay increase. what was the content of the covering letter from uncle eric. have they also increased the housing allow, if so, what rates are they planning. also, slightly off topic, hearing rumor about 15% pay increase in muscat, any one able to confirm.

prowler
25th Jan 2007, 12:01
wers RED DRAGON gone?:confused:

gidday,

2007 ->>>>

Housing Allowance 130k:zzz:

Salary Increase by 10%:{ wers my Passport????

Travel Allowances Increased by 10%:D

Utility Allowances Increase by 14% (AED16k // annum):O

School fees to be announced later on........:hmm:

Now wat do u call this? Shall we STAY or GO AWAY?:uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

BlueSkye
26th Jan 2007, 07:34
Standby for UAE Center's increase. The Contract Manager.... no, let's not go there. So put your hands up for a budget busting 3%, maybe.

Anybody here able to provide a contact number for Aston Martin UAE?

Abu
26th Jan 2007, 12:05
Save a prayer for us - the poor relations here in AUH tower and approach...
we are currently the lowest paid in gulf area and looking forward to :
3% increase this year if you have been a good boy....
and...
14 people (icluding the serco controllers, serco engineers and serco met guys) are getting evicted from their apartments on 1st march!
Thank god the area guys are being informed of progress (and can pass news on to us) cos trying to get any information all from the contract manager/mangement for the twr/app contract is like talking to Marcel Marso....
No news of any kind on offer....I hope the two new swedish controllers on the way here like camping cos thats all they will be able to afford with the housing allowance we are offered!
Abu.

ATCO1962
26th Jan 2007, 13:50
Just to clarify, Muscat controllers are going to receive another 15% on top of their recent adjustment but that 15% is a general increase given to all government employees here in Oman as part of His Majesty's largesse to all and sundry. It was not a negotiated wage hike.

Hope you all get your increases soon, and decent ones at that. We are valuable at the mo.:ok:

Superfluous
26th Jan 2007, 17:14
ATCO1962,
What is the salary now in Rials? Hopefully, I should be starting soon in Muscat, so, just wondering.

thunderfromdownunder
26th Jan 2007, 19:42
Hi. The Dubai housing allow. The rate you get, is it still dependent of your marital status, eg married with kids, married, single etc. Serco still using the divide and rule principle.
What would allow be for single guy or gal.

BlueSkye
26th Jan 2007, 19:52
Correct me if I'm wrong, but should be around OMR3 450.

ATCO1962
27th Jan 2007, 01:33
Newbie western controllers are looking at RO3,000 per month but I'm not sure if they'll get the 15% general increase. As I indicated before, it all depends on where you come from and the negotiations you make on behalf of yourselves. Not everyone is on the same contract.

The other figure mentioned is about right for long-timers here. Haven't got it just yet and don't even know the exact figure.

One recent "fix" they've done,too, is to recompense people who work standbys with a days leave if they don't get called out and two days if they do. Used to get nothing for an uncalled standby and one day for a call out ie nothing. Things are on the improve.

choclit runway
27th Jan 2007, 23:07
Thunder... 100k.

Married 120K... with kids 130K.

thunderfromdownunder
7th Feb 2007, 19:59
I see in the Local News that Govt Employees are to get 20% pay increase.
Guess that means Serco has screwed you again by only giving you 8-10% for this year. Unless any body thinks Uncle Erics arms are suddenly going to grow soon. Must be tough training the locals now when they get about 40-50% more for doing the same job. Well done Serco......... The class system is alive and well.

throw a dyce
8th Feb 2007, 11:19
That's on top of the rumoured 25%(UAE Nationals) and 15%(Non Nationals)the last time.
45% rise in 2 years for Government Nationals.:eek: Is that true?

choclit runway
10th Feb 2007, 12:40
Good luck to 'em... Shame Mr Blair doesn't show the same generousity and loyalty towards his 'locals'!!! It might make Britain 'Great' again.

BlueSkye
14th Feb 2007, 16:54
...and UAE Centre gets a budget busting 2,5%. Thanks Mr. Contract ManageR!? I love you Mr. Contract Manager?! :D :D :D