PDA

View Full Version : Nottingham (Tollerton - not EMA) New Owners

fireflybob
26th Nov 2006, 15:47
Been reported in the press that Nottingham (Tollerton) airfield has been sold.

The new owner is a local aviation enthusiast and successful entrepreneur with proven management skills - this is EXCELLENT news for all those in general aviation - I think we will see some changes which will be for the better for this conveniently situated airfield which will give it a new lease of life!

NutLoose
26th Nov 2006, 21:48
Glad its not going to become a Housing estate

fireflybob
27th Nov 2006, 15:31
Fireflybob has been unnecessarily discreet with his information

Only because I had not actually read the article and I did not want to jump the gun and embarass anyone but thanks for the info, cjboy!

Derek is well known to me - I recall him flying the Tiger Moth at Tollerton in the early 1960s when my father was a flying instructor there - as also is Brian Wells. Lets wish them good luck in their endeavours!

ProcATCO
28th Nov 2006, 08:54
Excellent!!

I know the place, and the more airfields promoting GA and the development of new pilots etc. HAS to be applauded!!

I look forward to visiting in the near future!!

:D

Fried_Chicken
27th Dec 2006, 11:59
The BBC have finally caught up with the news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/6211859.stm

However, i'm guessing that they may have got the wording slightly wrong here:-

The airport has a 1,000m runway that is used mainly for flight training, but there were also plans for more short-haul flights, he said.

Possibly, a few of the local residents that have supported the airfield may take this to mean that scheduled (airline) flights may be a possibilty from the site which may turn them against the Airfield

FC