PDA

View Full Version : Aero`s & Unusual Attitude Training

Seagull61
30th Oct 2006, 09:01
Hi,
Having just completed my JAR PPL, I`m wanting to improve my flying in many ways and the first I`d thought I`d go for is the unusual attituda recovery and possible combine this with a spot of aeros. I`m keen to combine my passion for travel so am after any recommendation for schools in Canada, Oz or South africa......anywhere else will do as well, but would prefer against the states, as I PPL-ed there.

Any recommendations welcome.....................

Thanks

Flash0710
30th Oct 2006, 09:42
Ordinarily i would suggest a splendid Academy based at Kemble.

Today however i will not as someone called me at the weekend asking me if i was going to the end of season bash....... " What end of season bash ?" i asked..........:{ :{

sulks

xx
f

Chippik
30th Oct 2006, 10:12
seagull, check your pms

foxmoth
30th Oct 2006, 10:18
" What end of season bash ?" i asked..........

Yup - and it was a great do as well;)

Flash0710
30th Oct 2006, 10:36
Yup - and it was a great do as well;)

Grrrrrr:* :* ;) ;)

xx

f

greeners
30th Oct 2006, 10:51
But Flash - you don't show up even when you are invited...:rolleyes:

Flash0710
30th Oct 2006, 11:02
Agreed...... i would not have minded so much if he wasn't after your number....;) ;)

No worries we will always have Praha tricky to top i fancy.....:E :E

hugs

xx
f

Nipper2
30th Oct 2006, 19:31
To get back on topic, Sydney Aerobatic School http://www.sydneyaerobatics.com.au/ gets my unreserved reccomendation. I learned more from them in 10 hours than I had in more than 50 getting my PPL.

One thing I learned with them subsiquently saved my neck.....

Totally recommended despite the slightly average website!

JackOffallTrades
31st Oct 2006, 13:48
I'm sure you could find plenty of that sort of training at EGLM.

False Capture
13th Dec 2006, 22:51
For unusual attitudes, have a word with a big hairy gorilla who flies a yellow Piper Cub at EGLM.:}

JackOffallTrades
13th Dec 2006, 22:55
...... Or a dodgy flying instructor/B777 pilot who never flys in an attitude anyone would recognise.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
13th Dec 2006, 23:44
Why is it still not part of the PPL syllabus? or am I missing something?

mazzy1026
14th Dec 2006, 08:10
GBZ - my concerns also, I never done anything like this in the PPL. :ooh:

Slopey
14th Dec 2006, 09:49
I thought it was covered in Ex15 along with steep turns? I certainly did recovery from unusual attitudes during my PPL last year. (And also did some spin training as I had a great instructor who thought it was well worth knowing - great fun!).

Mad Girl
14th Dec 2006, 13:14
I thought it was covered in Ex15 along with steep turns? I certainly did recovery from unusual attitudes during my PPL last year. (And also did some spin training as I had a great instructor who thought it was well worth knowing - great fun!).

Yep!!! - Me too, & the spinning (although I'm still training) :) :D

Seagull61
14th Dec 2006, 17:07
After much consideration I plumped for California in May. So two weeks in the sun, one hour building and the other the Emergency Manoeverue Course at www.attitudeaviation.com (http://www.attitudeaviation.com)

Can`t wait!