PDA

View Full Version : Emirates

Pages : [1] 2 3

flyr
7th Sep 2006, 02:40
Any information about Emirates recruiting CC in Brazil please post here...
Thanks!:ok:

riya_nea
7th Sep 2006, 06:12
if u have luck...EKwill come

steel06
7th Sep 2006, 12:36
just check emirates website ..

amowers
7th Sep 2006, 21:41
Hey, you just missed them...I actually just got through and am doing my medicals right now. They came to Sao Paulo and to Rio de Janeiro and I am pretty sure they have already set their dates for the next round.

Send your resume to the following email address:
[email protected] (http://by108fd.bay108.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/compose?curmbox=EDE03160-D846-4443-818B-5E5DA9B17326&a=133118b18a27223be97baa9c776d71eb24e02a7253ae1787f18e8d569c be463c&mailto=1&[email protected]&msg=C5E22772-511B-4C49-AD15-52DD86C2EDA2&start=0&len=5974&src=&type=x)

Boa sorte!

amowers

flyr
9th Sep 2006, 14:17
Fly Right Intl' - Emirates Airlines agency in Brazil is holding another pre-screening for Cabin Crew Assessment Days.

Dates: September 24th 2006(Sunday)
Time: 9 AM to 6 PM
Venue: Intercity Premium Ibirapuera Hotel
Ibirapuera Avenue, 2577 - Moema - São Paulo

*Please avoid calling the hotel as they do not have further information about the selective process.

**OPEN TO ALL**

Please bring your English CV and recent photo. Wear Business attire.

Questions Call: 11 8244 3597 English Only

www.emiratesgroupcareers.com (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/)
www.flyrightintl.com (http://www.flyrightintl.com/)

TightSlot
13th Sep 2006, 08:30
The Emirates thread

OzyOS
13th Sep 2006, 09:10
Just in response to Poppins regarding not needing to know how to swim, to become a Flight Attendant:

Being able to swim is extreemly important to the role of a Flight Attendant. I seriously think it is unwise to lie about skills required by an airline that you may not have obtained yet.

Although you will be wearing a life Jacket when performing your ditching drills, it will be extreemly obvious to your trainers on the day that you can not swim.
The drill usually requires you to be comfortable jumping into the water and swimming a certain distance whilst pulling another person, keeping their head above the water. Although the Jacket will keep you afloat, it can be suprisingly difficult (even for qualified swimmers) to carrying out this task, because the jacket is big and bulky.
What would happen if you were involved in a real life ditching situation and (god forbid) you dont have a jacket on in time, and whoops, you cant swim! Never say "it will never happen to me"......just think about it. Not only are you responsible for yourself on the aircraft you are also responsible for many others safe return.

So my advise (and I use to be an airline trainer) is never lie about your skills, rather go out and obtain them before you go for the interviews, because the consequences will be far greater (not to mention embarassing) if Emirates have already invested money into your training, uniform, accomodation etc and then while you are there they find out you really cant swim.

On a happier note! Congratulations to Poppins and everyone that has been successfull with their Emirates application and I wish you Geetha the best of luck with your application, please feel free to PM me if you are unsure about anything else and I will do my best to help you out.

Happy flying :p

elivassileva
13th Sep 2006, 10:21
Thanks Moderator!!!
It is much better now, more clear.....when we have just a Emirates thread!

Best regards:
Elly

justsmile!
13th Sep 2006, 10:39
hey elly, did emirates end up calling u to start early?

popins
13th Sep 2006, 10:53
I never did say that I don't know how to swim. And I also did not say that one has to lie about their swimming capabilties.
I was just trying to tell Geetha what the emirates recruiter told us as a group when we were filling up the forms where we had to mention if we know swimming or not. Amelita who was the recruiter said that even if we didn't know swimming we could just say on the form we did.
I was just answering her query and my answer no-where suggested that you need to lie. Being an ex-airline crew myself I have seen people who don't know swimming do the ditching exercise with as much confidence as a swimmer would do. But that's just my experience.

popins
13th Sep 2006, 11:13
Did you get a call to leave a week early? I know someone who was scheduled to leave on the 29th sept and is now going on 22nd. The EK lady kind of insisited her to leave early.

OzyOS
13th Sep 2006, 11:14
Popins, I never said that you personally did not know how to swim, and I understand that you were told aparently by the recruiter that you could 'just say you did' (know how to swim) on the form (which unfortunately if you dont know how to swim is still a lie?). But the bottom line is, if you are required to know how to swim, dont you think it is better to be skilled in this area, since it is obviously there as a requirement for a reason?

I am very suprised that you knew Flight Attendants that managed to make it throught the training without swimming skills (this is not a reflection on you) because they are putting themselves and others (that trust the skills of the Flight Attendant) in a compromising situation, its just not safe.

popins
13th Sep 2006, 11:20
In my last airline (SQ) they had a swimming test during the interviews but it was with a life vest. It was an option if you wanted to use it and if you knew how to swim than you cud do without it. And I know there were lot of girls who didn't know how to swim but did fine. Infact, later during the ditching drill also except for one everybody could do the needful.

OzzieO
13th Sep 2006, 11:48
Sorry am I being a bit thick here? Why is it so so vital to be able to swim to become cabin crew?

popins
13th Sep 2006, 11:54
There are a lot of airlines which are fine if you can swim with a life vest on believe it or not.

OzyOS
13th Sep 2006, 12:29
If reading my above post doesnt help you to understand why its important....then I cant help you. What happens if you dont have time to put your vest on...or it doesnt inflate and you cant swim, sounds important to me. So many things can go wrong why wouldnt you want to protect yourself as much as you can...and the bottom line is most airlines, it is an Entry requirement.

elivassileva
13th Sep 2006, 14:19
Hi, Kristen.

no, they have never called me back...pitty,. i would be happy to leave earlier..but since they havent.,,i will enjoy my last days here.:)

Popins, did they called you?

Elly

popins
13th Sep 2006, 14:24
Elly they did not call me but they called this girl who had gone to the interview with me. I am hoping they call me as I also want to leave as soon as possible.

OzyOS
13th Sep 2006, 15:26
Hey Geetha, I was actually a trainer for another airline, not Emirates, but assume the Safety training would be similar.
As long as you can keep afloat by yourself and feel comfortable in the water, you should do great!

I wish you the best of luck...go get em!

Cheers

elivassileva
14th Sep 2006, 10:13
Hi, guys!;)

I got my offer letter today, which I have to sign and send back to EK. How about you Popins, Kristen, Wwiko, Semangeline?
How do you find the offer?

Ok, keep us inform.
Best regrads.

Elly :ok:

popins
14th Sep 2006, 10:49
Hi Elly!! I still have to get the contract. Congratulations to you on clearing another step.
I am sure I would have no problems with the offer when I eventually do get it. I am so prepared to join:)

semangeline
15th Sep 2006, 05:26
Heya Elly

Many thanks for bringing me back to this thread..:ugh: I am such a twit.

I am still curious about it how you guys start a new thread, anyhow no worries this is not important.^^

I have read through the employment letter and already replied with an email with my acceptance. I have yet to receive my e-ticket but reckon will do so over the weekends. They dont work on thursday and Friday.

Will keep you guys informed again. And about the 3 x 3.5 photos, it really weird ya the size. I had done all of them already.

Cheers:p :p

geetha
15th Sep 2006, 07:18
elivassileva:
congrats on getting the offer letter. u must be really happy. way to go and all the best.:ok:

semangeline:

hi . do check ur PM.

btw, i stay in dubai and starting from Sept 1st, the weekends here are on fridays and saturdays. and not on thursdays. all govt organisations and a few private ones follow the new rule. but i'm not sure abt emirates though.

tk care..
GOD BLESS

mother hen
15th Sep 2006, 07:23
Hi everyone, well it's getting nearer for some of you to fly out! I bet you're excited and on the flip side I know how you're parents are feeling!I cant believe this first week has gone so quickly, this time last Friday I was getting ready to go to the airport to say goodbye. Everytime I speak to my daughter she seems happy, yesterday was a good day, she said, they did some sep and went on the simulator! Next week it will start getting harder. She's off today and tomorrow(Fri & Sat), and she even met some guests staying in the same hotel who are from the same town in England as she is!You fly 1000s of miles for that!!!! I still haven't had a pic of her in her uniform, hopefully she'll send that soon, I want hat on as well! She said you have to wear your hat to travel to and from the college and the scarf "does her head in"! I suppose it's all new at the mo and exciting and there will be times when it gets hard and she feels down, but I'm sure it will be all worth it in the end!

Well as I said before, all the best to everyone flying out soon or trying to get in,
mother hen.

flyoneday
15th Sep 2006, 07:43
mother hen
You are a real kool mom and thanx for the good wishes for those of us who are longing to join EK!!!

geetha
hey, fellow wonnabe, have you ever been interviewed by EK? am sure they hold several interviews there!!! lucky you,you're already used to the heat, we will have some serious adjustments to make huh?

~
flyoneday :ok:

elivassileva
15th Sep 2006, 08:10
Sameangeline:;)
Hi, I have replied to the offer letter with acceptance, sent a fax , and now an email to confirm me that they got it. Now waiting for my ticket to by FexEx.

BTW did you complete the Online Corporate Induction? What is about? I havent, cause it keeps saying: incorect password. Very strange... :rolleyes: Somebody can give an advise???????:confused:

Geetha:
Thank you! Wish you good luck to you too!:ok:

Newnz
15th Sep 2006, 09:17
Hi Elly,
You must be getting excited - I am... I think we may be training together - did your offer letter state that you were to start on the 28th Sept?!! How cool if we are?! I fly out of Akld on the 22nd - next frid.... I'm getting my ticket, visa and final contract emailed - think it just depends which country you live in. I asked about the Online Corporate Intro and apparantly this password gets sent to us with the contract as well. Hope that helps and I'm looking forward to meeting u if we do end up training together!!:D

Motherhen-
you are wonderful - what a lucky daughter! You're making me really look forward to it all. Thanks so much ;)

mother hen
15th Sep 2006, 09:29
Hi Elly, mother hen again! my daughter couldn't get on to the online corporate intro so she emailed them and they sent her her staff no. It was just about the company and you answer multiple choice questions. It wasn't hard and all the answers are in the info you read anyway. As I've mentioned before, my daughter will still be training when you get there, you might even be in the same hotel as her, so you will have to say hello to her if you see her. Only if you want of course!

Best of luck to all, mother hen.

elivassileva
15th Sep 2006, 10:34
Hi, Mother Hen.
Thank you for the info! I will contact emirates now, to see if they can send me a new password. :) I will be glad to meet your daughter. What's her name?

Newzn, yes, may be we will be in the same group. Yes, in my contract was stated that I will start 28-09, which is strange, since I'm flying on 29th. However.
Good luck dear!!!

Ok, dear friends!! See you soon.
Best regards: Elly

flyoneday
15th Sep 2006, 10:55
Popins, Semangeline, Newnz, Elly

You are deserve a pat on the back.Congrats on getting through and we (the wonnabes)will be joining the team soon....................ofcourse we need to pass the interviews first:rolleyes:!!!!

God bless you all.

Make EK and ppruners proud!!!
p/s: rem to keep in touch.

~

mother hen
15th Sep 2006, 11:45
Hi all, Elly, on my daughters offer letter it said her joining date was 8th Sep (she flew out that day) but acctually started the training 2 days later on Sun 10th. I think Sun is their start od the week. Oh, and her name is Kaycie:)

And to anyone who it might be of interest to:photos- they asked my daughter to get hers done again but she was going on holiday so we took them with a digital camera, which were acceptable. The head and shoulders one we just printed from the computer in the passport size and postage stamp size and just changed the background from cream to light blue!
Hope this is of help to anyone, good luck all,
mother hen.

popins
15th Sep 2006, 13:04
Hey guys!! This forum is really nice and I appreciate all of you who are trying to help others.
I got the offer letter today and had a question regarding the 4 photographs (size 3 X 3.5) needed with blue background. does it have to be in formal wear?
I get so intimidated by the attachments they send with the emails. But nevertheless they are very well organized and preofessional in their entire recruitment process.

Mother Hen: I like reading about your daughters experiences. Keep sharing them :)

mother hen
15th Sep 2006, 13:33
popins, regarding photos....as I said previously, the 3x3.5 ones my daughter used head and shoulders(the same as passport just smaller) we printed hers from the digital camera onto photo paper via the computer and just changed the cream background to light blue. I assume these were all fine as she hasn't said otherwise! Not sure if this helps,
good luck, mother hen.

popins
15th Sep 2006, 13:38
Thanks Mother Hen that helps.

semangeline
15th Sep 2006, 16:52
[quote=elivassileva;2850382]Sameangeline:;)
Hi, I have replied to the offer letter with acceptance, sent a fax , and now an email to confirm me that they got it. Now waiting for my ticket to by FexEx. Hi Elly.thank you for writing. You will get your ticket by Fedex?? Is this confirm by Emirates? I only know that they will send an e-ticket via email. I am scheduled on the 22nd flight and i think I should have received the eticket soon these two days. Please advise.

BTW did you complete the Online Corporate Induction? What is about? I havent, cause it keeps saying: incorect password. Very strange... :rolleyes: Somebody can give an advise???????:confused:I did not do the Induction. They didnt sent any staff number. I really wonder what we will get next. I keep you in touch soon once i receive anything from them. Now i am doing some packing. :confused:

semangeline
15th Sep 2006, 16:59
Thanks Sweety..We want to see you soon. Jia you= GOGOGO you will make it.:ok:

semangeline
15th Sep 2006, 17:04
[quote=Newnz;2850509]Hi Elly,
You must be getting excited - I am... I think we may be training together - did your offer letter state that you were to start on the 28th Sept?!! How cool if we are?! I fly out of Akld on the 22nd - next frid.... I'm getting my ticket, visa and final contract emailed - think it just depends which country you live in. I asked about the Online Corporate Intro and apparantly this password gets sent to us with the contract as well. Hope that helps and I'm looking forward to meeting u if we do end up training together!!:D Thank you NEwnz^^. I also fly out on the 22nd September from Singapore. Have you already received your e-ticket? I only received my contract, no password nothing. i reckon same as Elly. Nothing else. I think eticket and visa will come after the contract. Pls advise.:8 My training starts on the 28 September, so i reckon i will get to see you. ^^

elivassileva
15th Sep 2006, 19:25
Hi, dear.:)

Actually they dont send you a password, it is actually your application and staaff number. Check your email- on the head line , where is written the day of joining, is mentioned your number. With this number you can access the web site.

About the ticket- mine is by FedEx, as Joanne from Ek called me and told me so. So, I'm waiting...:bored: But some people get E-ticket by email, which is the same, and easier.

Dont worry, eveything will go well! I'm sure!!!:ok:

Regards; Elly

Newnz
15th Sep 2006, 19:27
That's great news Semangeline - we MUST be training together! Actually, I wonder if my flight may come via Singapore and pick you up too? No, I haven't received my e-ticket yet. I've emailed them and this as well as the 'final contract', staff number, and visa will all be sent to me 3 or 4 days before I fly. Hope this helps. You can always email your HR co-ordinator (named in the contract you would have received about a week ago.) Mine gets back to me straight away whenever I have questions - very professional and helpful! Yay yay yay! Looking forward to meeting you!:)

!!:D Thank you NEwnz^^. I also fly out on the 22nd September from Singapore. Have you already received your e-ticket? I only received my contract, no password nothing. i reckon same as Elly. Nothing else. I think eticket and visa will come after the contract. Pls advise.:8 My training starts on the 28 September, so i reckon i will get to see you. ^^[/quote]

geetha
16th Sep 2006, 05:22
flyoneday:
hi there. I'm not yet interviewed by them. I've just send in my application a few days back. Hope to receive a call soon (fingers crossed & praying hard!!).
Well, I'm kind of used to the heat here... the hottest months are july, august n september. the temp goes as high as 47- 48 degree celsius. starting from oct... it comes down slightly. nov, dec n jan are the so called winter months in U.A.E. it doesn't get dat cold though atleast for the past two years now, its not been dat cold. and if u pray real hard u wud get an occasional spell of rain! ( and ppl do arrange for a mass prayer so dat it rains- seriously) .
Popins, Semangeline, Newnz, Elly : u guys r lucky dat u wud be comin here nw...u will escape the heat for a few months atleast....and by the time its summer u wud hav started flyin and it wudnt matter much.

Mother Hen: U r the BEST!!!! thanks a lot for sharing. Oh btw, does ur daughter get some amt of pocket money frm emirates for her expenses while she's under training? I'm sure sh wud be very excited abt her uniform... am wondering when will dat day cum whn i wud also be wearing it.

bye all
GOD BLESS

Striving2BFA
16th Sep 2006, 07:23
Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could please assist me with my query. I am very keen to join Emirates and after a couple of failed open day attempts I am starting to lose hope, however I know someone who is currently working for Emirates. Apparently in this industry it's helpful if you know someone who is already in it. Does anyone know someone or has anyone on this forum joined Emirates through the referral of someone else who was already working with Emirates. If so, could you please tell me how you/they went about it.

Any replies relating to my query will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

P.s., I also want to wish all the EK wannabes all the best. I hope we all get there one day! :)

mother hen
16th Sep 2006, 07:39
Mornin all,(well it's morning here) geetha, they gave my daughter dhs500 when she got there plus dhs2000 advance from first salary payment then a little later I think they get another dhs2600.Obviously this is deducted from your salary. She also said they give you money to get a kettle, toaster, hoover, which you don't have to repay! They also advise you take some money with you on day you fly out, both local currency for use at airport and dhs as most places are shut Fridays in Dubai, as you prop already know! Re. weather: yes, my daughter said it is v. hot, but she likes the hot weather, and has even managed to get in some sunbathing time!! I hope s
he's enjoyed her days off as tomorrow it's back to the training;)

AnA_stw_SER
16th Sep 2006, 20:03
Hello to everyone!My name is Ana,I come from Belgrade,Serbia and I attended open day in May 2006 in my country.I have passed through all the stages and the final interview and didn't receive call from Emirates until 11 August.More the 3 months!My application was suggested for final approvement and I did all medical tests and faxed them to CC joiners.That was last week and now I am waiting for answer.I would like someone who passed through this procedure to explaine me what and when I can expect?I was told that my travel date will be 20 Oct.
Any answer means a lot to me!
hope to hear from You!
Regards to all present and future Cabin Crew!
Ana:)

elivassileva
16th Sep 2006, 22:01
Hi, Ana.

I'm approved Emirates joiner, with start date 29th Sept.

I have past all this procedures , so I will try to be as clear as possible. Basicly you should wait now for contacting with approval on your medicals. Then in 2 weeks may be they will send you a offer letter, which you have to send them back- signed by you. And then you will get your ticket and visa. SO, dont worry. Since you pass the medicals, you are in!!!!;) It is a big waiting yes...but it's really deserves!

BTW, I'm Elly, from bulgaria- Sofia. So, our languages are quiet similar!

Best regards and Good luck!!!:ok:
Pozdravi:
Elly

AnA_stw_SER
16th Sep 2006, 22:39
Hello my neighbour!Thank you for reply,I am sure that you know how hard is to wait them for confirmation!It means a lot to hear other's experiences.I guess that all I have to do now is to wait!So,you are traveling soon?You must be very excited!Do you have direct flight from Sofia or...?
I wish you all the best and maybe we will see each other soon in Dubai.
Yes,Our languages are very similar so if we meet in Dubai we can drink some coffee and talk in our languages.We will understand each other for sure!Have a nice trip and hope to meet you!

All the best,
you neighbour and maybe a Friend?!:)
Ana

riya_nea
17th Sep 2006, 07:42
you people find each other from this forum,i realy appreciate this forum,
hi ana, this riyas from dubai..if you pass medical test then finish....wait some more time... sure you will join soon

elivassileva
17th Sep 2006, 07:46
Zdravo, Ana.

yes, my flight starts on 29th, but my training on 5th OCT.

So, I will see you there....

Take care, Ana.
ANd keep me incform.

Vsichko nai-dobro.

elivassileva
17th Sep 2006, 07:50
Hi...:)

I have just got a email from EK that my contract is changed, and my training is starting on 5th OCT. Anybody starting training on the same day as me?

Big hug. Regrads:
Elly

popins
17th Sep 2006, 13:25
Hi Elly!! Training will start after the medicals and other formalities are completed. And so if we land in Dubai on Friday and Saturday is a holiday than Sunday onwards the medicals would start ( i m assuming here).

sabby_nz
17th Sep 2006, 23:10
Popins, Semangeline, Newnz, Elly
Congratulations to you all and keep us posted on how your training goes..

Mother Hen
Thanks a lot for sharing all the information... You are totally awesome :)

goyangee
18th Sep 2006, 05:16
hello~ everyone...

im one of the cc from EK working there about 4 months now :ok:
it is good to hear some of people come to dubai~~ welcome~~

just few infos~

after your medical exam...i understand it is long time to wait..but there is no answer...sorry i cant help this..
but im for sure they will send everything before you join the company..
so~~~ don't worry~~ just enjoy with your family and friends~~

about photo~
i know they ask you to bring quite a lot of photos..

my recommandation...
just bring 10 / pp size and about 5 /3.5*3 cm photo
for the pp size... 5 blue background and 5 white background..
the small one blue background
but im sure they gana ask you to take the photo with your uniform...
you can take the photo at the college...it was 4 photos/15 dirhams (im not sure..but it was about that..)

online joing quiz..
don't worry im not even did those quiz...but im flying now~~~
but if you can do it do the quiz it help you to know the company..

the last info..
accomodation...right now there is no accomodation...building...but you will get the nice hotel..room..some of the cc got suits...lol...actually the hotel is better than my apt...lol
i heard that the new accomodation is about to finish...for the new cc (lucky you~~)

anyways..
see you soon in DUBAI
and best wish for those still waiting answer (u will get answer soon~~ :ok: )

black sheep X
18th Sep 2006, 08:01
Hello guys,just wondering if anybody on this forum is planning on showing up at the open day in Bucharest.

elivassileva
18th Sep 2006, 08:45
Hi, dear CC of ek!!

Thank you for your post...It is really helpful! Apreciate your advices and info that you and Mother Hen give us!

So, let me ask you - as far as you are infromed- are you sure that all new joiners are placed in hotels? Still, it is better than your accomadations, right?;)

Then, I'm flying on 29th this month, but will start my training on 5th OCT, is it normal this? I was supposing that will start in 2-3 days my training..

However..Thank you again!

ANd best regards:
Elly

geetha
18th Sep 2006, 08:58
AnA_stw_SER, Riya_nea:
hi there.. welcome to the forum and all the best to u.
goyangee:
hi. thanks for sharing the info.. i'm sure it b of great help to many of our new joinees frm our forum.

all th best to u too.

TK CARE...
GOD BLESS!!

Newnz
18th Sep 2006, 09:08
Hey Elly,
I just received my e-ticket and visa today. I also spoke to one of the HR team regarding a few questions I had - one of which was regarding accom. She told me that she believed the company accomodation was now complete (last few days...) and that I would most likely be taken straight there rather than to a hotel once I arrive. Will see you over in Dubai!! Am leaving on Friday. :)

Oh yeah, and thanks Goyangee for your advice! Looking forward to meeting you hopefully!

Hi, dear CC of ek!!

So, let me ask you - as far as you are infromed- are you sure that all new joiners are placed in hotels? Still, it is better than your accomadations, right?;)

Then, I'm flying on 29th this month, but will start my training on 5th OCT, is it normal this? I was supposing that will start in 2-3 days my training..

However..Thank you again!

ANd best regards:
Elly

elivassileva
18th Sep 2006, 11:39
Hi, dear.

I'm very happy about you!!! :D Also happy about the accomadation- really hope that we will stay in a new nice places!

Wish you a pleasant flight, and looking forward to see you!

Take care and keep us inform how is there..once you arrive...;)

Regards:
Elly

libran
18th Sep 2006, 12:59
Hi there,

this site has been really helpful for preparation.
I am a M'sian that attended an Open day in Melbourne, I only registered/submitted my resume but they didn't call me for a screening/interview the next day.Do I need to wait 6 months or can I just go for the next Open Day in Melbourne, S'pore or M'sia? I would think i won't have to wait for 6 mths as I did not attend the interview. what do u all reckon?

Any info offered would be appreciated.

Thanks
Libran

amowers
18th Sep 2006, 16:15
Hey Ana...

I sent in my medicals almost two weeks ago and am still waiting........isnt it fun??? hehe. At least it sounds the rest of you are coming along nicely..congrats to all of you! Good luck to you Ana, hopefully we both will hear from them soon.

Keep us updated!

Ashley

Hello my neighbour!Thank you for reply,I am sure that you know how hard is to wait them for confirmation!It means a lot to hear other's experiences.I guess that all I have to do now is to wait!So,you are traveling soon?You must be very excited!Do you have direct flight from Sofia or...?
I wish you all the best and maybe we will see each other soon in Dubai.
Yes,Our languages are very similar so if we meet in Dubai we can drink some coffee and talk in our languages.We will understand each other for sure!Have a nice trip and hope to meet you!

All the best,
you neighbour and maybe a Friend?!:)
Ana

black sheep X
18th Sep 2006, 17:49
just a quick question about open day interviews.Do I need to receive an invitation from Emirates to the open day interview?or do i just show up on the specified day?

The reason I am asking this for is because I've already registered for the open day scheduled for Bucharest on the 7th of october,but upon registering for the interview I received an automatically generated script saying that they will look at my application and that IF I am short listed i will be scheduled for an interview next time they come to my country or a country in the vecinity of mine.

Does this mean that if I don't receive an invitation I shouldn't bother?or that I should just go ahead and try to meet them and try to submit my file personally(which I will try to do no matter what).
Hope I get some answers on this one,thanx in advance,safe flights

semangeline
18th Sep 2006, 18:08
Dearest Elly , Newnz and all the sweeties here..

I havent received my eticket yet..:{ :{ :{

I am a bit shocked actually when i received an email over the weekends that my reference letter need to be sent with company header/ stamped. I had given them during my final interview but along the way perhaps they had overlooked.

I am in a rush and my heart was so heavy last few days. Manage to get my letters again with company letter but email couldnt get through. :{ :{ :{ Will call Emirates again.

Well the relieve thing is Emirates called today and said my ticket is ready and i will receive my final briefing once they received my revised ticket. So Newz you are absolutely right that your plane coming to pick me up.

Guess i am leaving my hometown in a little rush but i be calm for now.

See you guys in Dubai soon.

Cheers

geetha
19th Sep 2006, 14:09
dont worry... abt the refrence letter thing.... evrything vil be fine. did u call them up?

congrats on confirmation of ur ticket. u must be excited and at the same time a bit restless i believe:) ..

gud luck!

GOD BLESS

FIEVAL
20th Sep 2006, 00:42
Hello everyone,

Good to see the emirates forum is back in full swing and good to see familiar names again.

Motherhen - Thanks for all the updates on your daughters progress during her training in Dubai, it is awesome to gain insight on what happens over there once you arrive. It is a mission within itself getting to Dubai for training, but by the sounds of things it is all worth it and thats very comforting to know. So keep the daily updates coming because I am sure that we all anticpate you news.

I am currently going through all my medicals at the moment, gee talk about a mission and a half, just got minor work to do on my teeth which will be done next week and once that is done I will send everything through to Emirates and play the waiting game yet again......is there anyone here flying to Dubai in November or December?

elivassileva
20th Sep 2006, 09:23
Hi, dear friend.

I've just got my ticket. Flying on 29th;) . Now, I'm waiting for my visa.. Can not wait to start my training in EK. Guys, keep us inform how is going the application process, and everything....

Best regards: Elly

flyoneday
20th Sep 2006, 12:48
Libran

Hello,hope you are doing well. well,am not a person in the know but i would think that since you were not even called for the screening, probably you can apply again now.
P/s: Get to know what you could have done wrong and didnt get the call..................we should be reading from you soon as to when you will be flying out to Dubai to start your training;);)!!!!!!

Black Sheep X

Hello,hope you are doing well. well,am not a person in the know but from what i understand from this forum on EK open days, they are open for anyone to attend. Maybe someone else who knows more would clariffy this for you more. and it might be wise to get there early enough!
P/s: Get to go for the Open day................................we should be reading from you soon as to when you will be flying out to Dubai to start your training;);)!!!!!!

I wish everyone else who wants to join EK, (including myself) all the best.
Hope we will meet there soon.

~

black sheep X
20th Sep 2006, 22:36
Hello everyone .Very dissapointed today.In the morning got the invitation to the Open Day in Bucharest on the 7th of October,evrything was perfect.Couple of hours ago did my usual check on Emirates site and to my surprise I was amazed to see that the interview was postponed till the 28th of october.
I was stunned considering that this happened on the same day that me and a bunch of friends got the invitation via email.
Has this happened before?Anyone knows what their reasons might be?Think there's a chance that they will postpone again or even cancel it?
I'm asking because on the 13th there is an open day in Belgrade and even though the drive will be more than 1200 km I am willing to make it.What do you guys think?Any suggestions?Is there a contact number where I could call or an email adress I could write to to ask for a confirmation for the 28th?
I am really puzzled,don't know what to think or do since this happened out of the blue.Please someone reply and give ur opinions.What could be the reasons for the delay?

Thank you for taking the time to read this,I'm so sad and frustrated

mtan065
21st Sep 2006, 00:12
Hey Elly,
I just received my e-ticket and visa today. I also spoke to one of the HR team regarding a few questions I had - one of which was regarding accom. She told me that she believed the company accomodation was now complete (last few days...) and that I would most likely be taken straight there rather than to a hotel once I arrive. Will see you over in Dubai!! Am leaving on Friday. :)

Oh yeah, and thanks Goyangee for your advice! Looking forward to meeting you hopefully!

Hi there,

Congrats Elly, Im sure you'll have so much fun when you get there,,im gettin excited,too.:}
I went to the open day at auckland on 19th Aug. I guess you went to the july one ay? Anyway, hope all the trainig and things go smooth with ya, I'll catch up soon...
Just a question, Ive faxed all the medicals last week, do you know how long its gonna take to receive an update of medical form?
GoodLuck!!!!:ok:

mtan065
21st Sep 2006, 00:27
Hello everyone,

Good to see the emirates forum is back in full swing and good to see familiar names again.

Motherhen - Thanks for all the updates on your daughters progress during her training in Dubai, it is awesome to gain insight on what happens over there once you arrive. It is a mission within itself getting to Dubai for training, but by the sounds of things it is all worth it and thats very comforting to know. So keep the daily updates coming because I am sure that we all anticpate you news.

I am currently going through all my medicals at the moment, gee talk about a mission and a half, just got minor work to do on my teeth which will be done next week and once that is done I will send everything through to Emirates and play the waiting game yet again......is there anyone here flying to Dubai in November or December?

Hi Fieval,

Its nice to see you again, Ive faxed all the medical forms last week and now back to waiting game..I dunno how long its gonna take em to give out the update on medicals but I guess we just have to be patient here..
Im leaving on 22nd Oct..hope to see you there:)

Keep in touch

FIEVAL
21st Sep 2006, 02:36
Hey MTAN065

Good to hear from you too, it was a little hard to keep in contact after the last forum got closed down, but here we are again.

I am supposedly meant to be flying 10th November but I am trying to psuh it back as late as possible, as there are few things I have to tie up here before I fly, so the latter the better definitely!!!

I will defintely make sure to meet you in Dubai if I get through keep in touch and let me know when you get the all clear from Emirates I am sure it wont be long a wait for your reply as your flying day is drawing near!

Keep in touch:O

libran
21st Sep 2006, 02:39
Libran

Hello,hope you are doing well. well,am not a person in the know but i would think that since you were not even called for the screening, probably you can apply again now.
P/s: Get to know what you could have done wrong and didnt get the call..................we should be reading from you soon as to when you will be flying out to Dubai to start your training;);)!!!!!!

Black Sheep X

Hello,hope you are doing well. well,am not a person in the know but from what i understand from this forum on EK open days, they are open for anyone to attend. Maybe someone else who knows more would clariffy this for you more. and it might be wise to get there early enough!
P/s: Get to go for the Open day................................we should be reading from you soon as to when you will be flying out to Dubai to start your training;);)!!!!!!

I wish everyone else who wants to join EK, (including myself) all the best.
Hope we will meet there soon.

~
thanks heaps...will tr my best and will keep everyone posted!

popins
21st Sep 2006, 05:59
Hi! The medicals are approved according to your departure date. That's why when they ask you to fax your medicals they tell you to mention your joining date on them. So someone who is leaving before you will get priority in getting their medicals cleared. There is this girl who was with me in the interviews and her joining date is late October. She was the first one to send in her medicals (sent around 4 weeks back) but has not heard back as yet. Where as the rest of us had faxed after her and all of us have got the approval as our departure date is before her.
So I would say that just be patient and don't stress yourself out. You will get the approval soon. Each stage is a waiting game but EK is very professional in their recuitment process and they will give your case importance as your departure date comes closer.

mother hen
21st Sep 2006, 06:07
:) Hi everyone, mother hen here,
just wnted to wish all of you who will be flying out to Dubai tomorrow,and next week, the very best. I hope you will enjoy it as much as my daughter seems to.
She's started the exams,which she says are not difficult, just different(from her last jobs training) and intense! So far she's passed with 100%, and yesterday my son passed his driving test also! I'm really pleased for them both!
Anyway, have safe flights and hope everything goes really well for you, but I know how your family will be feeling:{
Take care all, say hello to my daughter if you see her(Kaycie),
The very best of luck, mother hen.:D

elivassileva
21st Sep 2006, 07:07
Dear friends, have a pleasant flight Tommorow....!!!!!:ok: Good luck and write us back about the situation there!!!
We need your need info... especially me, since I'm flying next Friday. ;)

How many days before your departure day , you got your visa and your brief letter?

MotherHen, Thank you...I really hope that training is not that hard. :rolleyes:

Ok, keep and touch and see you there, guys!

Elly

sabby_nz
21st Sep 2006, 10:31
hi evryone

just wanted to say have a safe journey to all of you guys who are leaving for Dubai soon...
I called the recruitment office today just to ask whether they had received the second set of pictures that i sent them an i was told that they have received and myapplication is under process and i'll know of an out come by next week...but i just checked my email and this is what i got

Further to your recent interview for the post of Cabin Crew with our organization, it is with considerable regret that I have to advise you that your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.
Should you still be interested in pursuing your interest with Emirates Airline, you can re-apply after a period of one year.
We would nevertheless like to thank you for attending the interview programme, and wish you every success with your future endeavors.

Yours sincerely,

Cabin Crew Recruitment
This is a system generated message, please do not reply.

I had my final interview in June and i sent my pictures twice and i have no idea what went wrong and at the moment i am very very sad :{ :{ because i dont know what else i'll do. So will have to wait for a year to apply again....

Anyway best of luck to everybody...hopefully i'll join you guys next year in Dubai.

flyoneday
21st Sep 2006, 10:53
dear Sabby

hello,i know how it feels to get a regret from EK.i have got two though i have never made it to the final interview...........................still its a rejection and i know it really hurts.
For now,if you are interested in other airlines,try look around and if you are a die hard EK cc wonnabe, you will reapply again later.
My 6 month period is almost over and i hopee to get the job this time (when am invitated for an interview)!!!!:ugh:

I wish you all the best and one day we will meet in Dubai!!!!!!!!

~

popins
21st Sep 2006, 11:00
Hi Sabby!! I am so sorry. I know nothing I will say can make you feel better. But hang in there and keep trying. There are a lot of airlines out there and take this as an experience.

I just wish EK would not take so long in rejecting candidates. Getting a bad news after such a long wait can be really heart breaking.

Good Luck to you.

Newnz
21st Sep 2006, 11:01
Hey friends!

Thanks for the wishes! Am finally all packed and good to go (I'm sure I've got far too much luggage though!) Will most definitely try to get on here as often as I can and keep you all posted. I can't wait to meet you all in person once you join!

Sabby, I'm sooo sorry to hear your news, that is so odd and you must be gutted. I guess the important thing is not to take it personally though - persist, think positively and things will pan out just fine. Stay in touch.

Re: Medicals. Mine took around a couple of weeks to be approved, but to be honest - you would know if anything you've faxed away would be a problem as the doctor/medical professional would tell you.. So, c u soon!

Must fly ;)

Dear friends, have a pleasant flight Tommorow....!!!!!:ok: Good luck and write us back about the situation there!!!
We need your need info... especially me, since I'm flying next Friday. ;)

How many days before your departure day , you got your visa and your brief letter?

MotherHen, Thank you...I really hope that training is not that hard. :rolleyes:

Ok, keep and touch and see you there, guys!

Elly

sabby_nz
21st Sep 2006, 11:10
I read the email again just to be sure that i didnt get it...yeh feeling really bad but i wont give up...one year will fly pretty quickly i guess...Emirates cant get rid of me that easily :)

All the best to you Newnz...what time is your flight tomoro?

flyoneday
21st Sep 2006, 11:24
thats the spirit sabby!

All the best and you are right,the one year will fly pretty fast.
we will all be meeting in Dubai soon!

To those flying soon

keep us posted on the training

~

geetha
21st Sep 2006, 14:18
:D Newnz and semangeline:
hi... happy jouney to u both. hav a safe flight.
And hope u hav a pleasant stay in DXB. All the best and keep us posted on the training, etc.

sabby_nz: dontworry.... everything vil be fine. u must be really gud to hav got thru til ur final interview. there are many out there who dont cross the prelim rounds itself. so, i'm sure the next time round u'll make it. just hav hope and keep ur confidence high. and yes... trust GOD! he'll never let u down. - ALL THE BEST!:ok:

GOD BLESS

riya_nea
21st Sep 2006, 14:39
I WAS INTERVIEWD BY EK LAST FEB06, AND THEY REJECTED ME...BUT THEY SAID YOU CAN RE-APPLY AFTER 6 MONTHS, SO NOW ITS MY TIME TO RE APPLY.EK HAVE CV DROP DAY ON 24th THIS MONTH.

I WISH I CAN GET THIS TIME

RIYA_NEA

Newnz
21st Sep 2006, 21:28
Hey girl,
1550 - check in time is from 1250 though. Just about to start lugging my stuff out to the car. Take care huh, and all the best!:)
xx
I read the email again just to be sure that i didnt get it...yeh feeling really bad but i wont give up...one year will fly pretty quickly i guess...Emirates cant get rid of me that easily :)

All the best to you Newnz...what time is your flight tomoro?

Wwilko
21st Sep 2006, 22:18
hi

i was wondering..what happens if u don't pass ur exams to become cc?

sabby_nz
21st Sep 2006, 23:52
Hey girl,
1550 - check in time is from 1250 though. Just about to start lugging my stuff out to the car. Take care huh, and all the best!:)
xx
Have you left for the airport yet, well i'll be there from 1.30pm....i wouldnt know which one are you though...anyway you take care best of luck...and keep us posted

Thanks again guys for all the suppport

amowers
22nd Sep 2006, 01:13
Yep...15 days and counting! My departure date isnt until the 27th of October though, so I know why its taking forever. Just like you guys said, I figure I would already know if there was something seriously wrong with me! lol. One of the guys I went through recruitment with sent his results after me and already got sent his contract, he is leaving October 13th, so it will still be a little while longer I imagine! Hope to see you all in Dubai soon!

Good luck to you guys who just left today and are leaving next week! This is going to be a very long month...I am already so ready to leave!

And yeah, I agree. Emirates should definitely try to get the rejections out quicker. Its not fair to make people wait so long like that.

FIEVAL
22nd Sep 2006, 01:32
Hey Sabby!!!

BUGGER - is all I can really say! Sorry to hear your news, its sad that you have waited this long to be told that! Chin up mate in a years time you can go for it again and at least next time around you will know every step in the interview process which will defintely be to your advantage!

To all the others who are flying in a couple of days, may you all have a safe journey to Dubai and with the free internet access you will receive in Dubai all of you guys will have no excuse for not keeping in touch...LOL!!!!

Take care:O

elivassileva
22nd Sep 2006, 11:54
Amowers, good luck with medicals, but dont you worry! You are in! Just give them some time to call you back.... ;)

Fieval - thank you for your wishes! I will write you down as soon as I can to tell you about our so dream EK! :)

Wwiko, I guess everybody passes the exam, or if not- they should sit for exam again... :O

Good luck to everybody....:ok:

I hope Newnz has arrived already and will keep us inform too...

Elly

OzyOS
22nd Sep 2006, 13:41
Hey Wwilko,
Regarding passing your exams, from what I was told at the interviews the first time you sit an exam you must pass with 80%, if not, you get to re-sit the exam, but must pass with 100%...if not then.....It seems you go home :( ...its pretty standard, similar to the last airline I worked for. Dont worry yourself too much, because although the training is intensive, you should be fine with the examinations....as long as you put in the study required.

Goodluck!

Cheers:p

wanna_fly
22nd Sep 2006, 15:35
hello everyone.
i'm new to this place. and i'm quiet glad i found this forum.
i have an interview.... or rather open day comming up soon with emirates and i need some tips on makeup from those who have managed to make it through the interviews.

i'm not the kind who usually put on too much of make up. i would rather prefer it the natural way. so, i need some expert advice on this. consider me a beginner. the only makeup i usually put on is some eyeliner and lipstick. i dont like to use eye shadow and blush. i'm weatish to dusky.
now, can someone advice me on wat makeup i sud wear on the big day?

any help offered wud be highly appreciated.
and thanks in advance.

to all the wannabes... ALL THE BEST!!

to the new joiness.. HAPPY FLYING.

skycrewhosties
22nd Sep 2006, 22:56
I would like to know if there have been situations where people have worked as cabin crew for eg. Emirates and left the airline after working for some time and then came back to Emirates after some time to work again as cabin crew?

OzyOS
23rd Sep 2006, 02:53
Hey Wanna fly, Keep your make-up not too heavy, but enough to notice that you have some on. I used earthy tones on my eyes, (so yes, deffinately wear some eye-shadow) and they love to see a red or brown lipstick on your pucker (since this is a uniform requirment)
Keep your grooming extreemly neat (hair completely back with no fly-away bits or falling on your face) and make sure your nails are well manicured (either clear, french or very light pink polish) but most of all, remember to keep a big smile on your face at all times :ok:

Best of luck!

OzyOS
23rd Sep 2006, 03:36
Wanna fly...Another point that you may find helpful regarding the interview is not to worry too much about the answers you give during the group sessions, rather focus more on the way you present and deliver your answers....in a friendly and respectful manner. Also make sure you praise others in your group if you think appropriate. Keep in mind that they are looking for "Team Players"

Goodluck :p

mother hen
23rd Sep 2006, 11:49
Hi all, mother hen here,

as popins as said, it looks like new crew are still in hotel, it happens to be the same one as my daughter! She did say the other day, didn't think accommodation was ready! She also said exams are getting more intense with so much to cram in,and they want you to be perfect everyday! She said they are always watching you during training, every minute, taking notes and writing about you. Hopefully all good!

Anyway, take care everyone, best wishes,
mother hen.

elivassileva
23rd Sep 2006, 19:07
Hi, Popins and Mother hen...;)

Pitty..I was really hoping that EK has started to settle the joiners in the new accomadations, instead of hotels...Since I'm leaving next week, I guess I will stay in a hotel.:rolleyes:

Letsfly
23rd Sep 2006, 22:41
Hi,

They are still building accom for crew on Sheike Zayed Rd...the main rd in Dubai. When this is ready then they are going to move all the crew into this one building so It will still probably be a while. But hey I would take advantage of getting your room cleaned and bed made for you everyday!!!

In regards to the training if you study you will pass. You have to get about 80%. If you fail you can choose to repeat the week or re-sit straight away or the next day. The next exam you have to get either 85% or 90% can't remember..then you have one more chance but you have to get 100%.

There is a lot to take in especially if you haven't flow before but most of the exams are multiple choice so you just have to make sure you read the questions properly. Learning equipment locations is a bit to take in as you have to remember where each piece of eqipment is located and each aircraft type is different.

No one in my batch failed but we did have two people join our group because they had failed but the were going out drinking heaps and not studying.

Hope this helps
letsfly

Evita
23rd Sep 2006, 23:17
Hi Guys
Had more than 100 hours flying this month so hardly been at home!!!
Well as for accomodation there are some apartments in Jumeirah and by Mall of Emirates almost ready, 2 Buildings in Sheikh Zayed to be ready by the end of the year. Not all new joiners are going in Hotels and my friend just joined and let her stay in my apartment as she was put in a hotel and there were another 2 joiners with her that had apartments straight away... this was this morning.
With regards to the exams just put off shopping and touring dubai for a bit and concentrate on studying if your english is good as in understanding what's being explained in classes and study everyday you should pass. The only crew that failed in my batch were the ones that had trouble understanding english and had to repeat the week but they felt more confident once they started flying. Also with the safety and emergency procedures you have to make sure you're confident and not shy as they need to see that you can be able to take the lead in an emergency.

With regards to drinking ... ramadan just started so won't be able to party much and anyone coming anytime soon please remeber to dress modestly no short skirts or sleevless tops, no smoking, drinking (even water) or chewing gum in public from sunrise to sunset as the locals expect respect during their holy month... even if you're not muslim.

Don't panic for the training the trainers are great they will give you their rules and if you follow them you won't have any problems. They are very nice and helpful and they're not trying to fail you over nothing but they want you to be confident once you start flying. Take it step by step and you'll manage... Just work hard for 6 weeks it will pay off ... you'll have your graduation day before you know it!!!

OzyOS
24th Sep 2006, 04:10
Thanks Letsfly for clearing up the information about the examination process..I stand corrected as its 3 shots you get at the exams rather than 2.
Excellent.....guess there really is no excuses what-so-ever not to pass!

elivassileva
24th Sep 2006, 06:37
Thank you, Evita!
You were so helpful again!!!! Appreciate it!

Wish you all the best.!!!!:ok: ..and once I start my training, and I have any questions..I will not hesitate to turn to you. ;)

Thank you,

Elly

popins
24th Sep 2006, 06:42
Seems like my post about the crew staying in the hotel has been deleted by the Mods. I had no idea that mentioning the hotel name is not allowed on this forum.

mtan065
24th Sep 2006, 07:57
Hey MTAN065

Good to hear from you too, it was a little hard to keep in contact after the last forum got closed down, but here we are again.

I am supposedly meant to be flying 10th November but I am trying to psuh it back as late as possible, as there are few things I have to tie up here before I fly, so the latter the better definitely!!!

I will defintely make sure to meet you in Dubai if I get through keep in touch and let me know when you get the all clear from Emirates I am sure it wont be long a wait for your reply as your flying day is drawing near!

Keep in touch:O

Hi Fieval,

Hi there again, yeah, im patienly waiting for their reply but, Iam currently working and i need to give at least 2 weeks notice to my boss so, hopefully I'll receive the reply soon..

We are sure gonna ctach up in dubai ^^, i'll keep you up dated.

Hopefully every thing goes well for you, keep in touch.

katjuscha
24th Sep 2006, 11:25
Hi Guys,

first of all hello everyone, I'm new in this forum so please be patient with me...

I already got the offer letter from Dubai and I'm supposed to travel at the 29th September, this is in five days, but I still don't have the contract and the ticket, etc.!!!!!
The information letter says they will send it to me a week before my travel day, but I still didn't receive them by now!!!

What about you, has anybody more information???

If my date of travel changes, when will they contact me???

I'm at the end of my tether...!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Katjuscha

magicmorris
24th Sep 2006, 17:32
hey! Ive had my offer letter, they originally offered me 1st sept, but was to soon then i was offered 3rd oct! which didnt give me time to give my note. Iam now schedueled to fly out on 3rd november.

All is goin really well , with filling in all the forms and Im being kept updated by there hr.

So excited to be going, but the training is a worry but im sure if i study hard as everyone seems to be saying I will be fine!:)

Tom

titotito
24th Sep 2006, 17:49
Hola Amigos;

Well guys i got the job with Emirates, I am so exicted that i cant wait anymore.
I am off to Dubai the 29th from Gatwick. I am now in Spain saying bye to my family and friends, What a crazy week.

Well i need some advice from the oldies as i am brand new to this amazing adventure of Emirates.

Hy to all the cabin crew of the world.

See you soon in Dubai.
xxx

titotito
24th Sep 2006, 18:07
Zdravo, Ana.

yes, my flight starts on 29th, but my training on 5th OCT.

So, I will see you there....

Take care, Ana.
ANd keep me incform.

Vsichko nai-dobro.

Hello eli i am starting my training with emirates the 5th of october aswell.
I am flying out of Gatwick the 29th of September.
Did you get your Ticket . i am still waiting for mine.

Well i hope to meet you soon and take care.

Spanish Lad

elivassileva
24th Sep 2006, 19:11
Hi, guys!;)

Katjuscha, by contract we are supposed to get our tickets and visa 4 days before our departure for Dubai. So, dont worry, since we are flying on Friday, we will got them Tommorow! When is your training starting?

Titotito, I'm happy we are departuring 3 of us, together with Katjuscha, on the same day- 29th...

My flight is Sofia- AThens- Dubai. What about you?

Best regards:
Elly

titotito
24th Sep 2006, 19:27
hi;

well i start the course the 5th of Octuber .

regards to all

xx

OzyOS
25th Sep 2006, 00:25
titotito....you rock! Your an absolute scream!

Goodluck with your new found career amigo:ok:

fly_guy100
25th Sep 2006, 01:09
Hey all you wannabe Emirates cabin crew! (Just like me)

I found this on the web, it's the video they show at all the open houses. Pretty cool! I've watched it like 327598357398 times.

It's split into 3 different parts. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcwKtl8yzoY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OvxrkshiR0

And this one is a little music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yskpLd3zyP8

OzyOS
25th Sep 2006, 03:58
Great find Fly guy100, the videos shown are the ones we viewed at the group interview......soak it up!

katjuscha
26th Sep 2006, 05:49
Still havenīt got my ticket!!!!

Yesterday they requested one more medical report but I faxed it already so I really hope Iīm gonna make it at 29th september!!!!!

hope to see you in dubai!!!

elivassileva
26th Sep 2006, 08:36
HI, dear friends!!! :ok:

Just got my visa and last briefing....I'm flying on Friday for Dubai!!! I'm so happy....:O AT last...:D

So, I WILL SEE YOU IN DUBAI, wanna bes, and joiners...!!!

Katjuscha- see you there...I hope you got your visa and ticket?I?
Fly_guy- Thank you soooooo Much for the links!!!!!!!!! Well done!!!!:D

Well, wish you all the best and I will keep posted....

Best regards:
Elly

amowers
26th Sep 2006, 12:56
Elly -- Good job! Finally you have made it down the road we are all working so hard to get down. I hope you have a great flight and I wish you the best of luck for the future. I hope to see you there within the next month!!

Take care and keep us updated!

Ashley

esthera
27th Sep 2006, 13:36
Hello everyone .Very dissapointed today.In the morning got the invitation to the Open Day in Bucharest on the 7th of October,evrything was perfect.Couple of hours ago did my usual check on Emirates site and to my surprise I was amazed to see that the interview was postponed till the 28th of october.
I was stunned considering that this happened on the same day that me and a bunch of friends got the invitation via email.
Has this happened before?Anyone knows what their reasons might be?Think there's a chance that they will postpone again or even cancel it?
I'm asking because on the 13th there is an open day in Belgrade and even though the drive will be more than 1200 km I am willing to make it.What do you guys think?Any suggestions?Is there a contact number where I could call or an email adress I could write to to ask for a confirmation for the 28th?
I am really puzzled,don't know what to think or do since this happened out of the blue.Please someone reply and give ur opinions.What could be the reasons for the delay?

Thank you for taking the time to read this,I'm so sad and frustrated

hi black sheep..

chek your email

elivassileva
27th Sep 2006, 17:18
Where are you, guys?:p

What is going on with you? Did you arrived in Dubai? How do you feel there? Give us some info..I'm comimg on Friday, so I wish I know some stuff, if it bad there...I will not come..HA-HA...;) :)

Regards:

Elly

sabby_nz
28th Sep 2006, 04:28
Where are you, guys?:p

What is going on with you? Did you arrived in Dubai? How do you feel there? Give us some info..I'm comimg on Friday, so I wish I know some stuff, if it bad there...I will not come..HA-HA...;) :)

Regards:

Elly
Hi Elly
All the best and have a safe flight
Keep us posted on whats going on..
Take Care
sabby

mother hen
28th Sep 2006, 07:27
Hi Elly,
just wanted to wish you the very best of luck in your new career. You must be very excited, but your family must be feeling quite sad. Just to reasure them, you will be fine. When you begin your training my daughter will be starting her 4th week! That's gone so quick! Please say hello, if you see her, although she says there are so many trainees!!!

Have a safe flight, and I hope it's everything you wish for,
Best wishes,
mother hen.

elivassileva
28th Sep 2006, 09:07
Thank you Mother Hen and Sabby!!!! You are so kind!

Mother Hen, I will send her your regards, once I meet her....

I wish her all the best too...And sucessful graduation!

Best regards to all:

Elly

katjuscha
28th Sep 2006, 10:12
Hi everyone,

I got a new date of travel, itīs november 3rd.

Anybody else going???

Hope to get in touch with some joiners before travelling...

Greets
Katjusch

lasernigel
28th Sep 2006, 10:27
Flew with Emirates on EK 018 last night in business.Absolutely great thanks and special thanks to a certain Egyptian stewardess who had me smiling nearly all the way.:ok: :ok:

Off to Oz on 1st Oct on EK420 am looking forawrd to it.:ok:

esthera
28th Sep 2006, 12:21
hi guys...
for 2 days i reed allmost all you posted...
i`m verry happy to see that most of us pass the interview....maybe is not so hard...
i`ll have an interview on 10/22...and because of u guys ,now i know what to expect...
but if u still have more information concerning questions,test..etc please i`ll need some help.

amowers
28th Sep 2006, 12:34
Hey Elly! I hope you have a great flight tomorrow and that everything goes just as well as you hope. Good luck in the future, maybe we will meet one day in Dubai. By the time I get there, you will be in your third or fourth week of training! Again, congratulations for making it all the way.

Take care,

Ashley

Thank you Mother Hen and Sabby!!!! You are so kind!

Mother Hen, I will send her your regards, once I meet her....

I wish her all the best too...And sucessful graduation!

Best regards to all:

Elly

AnA_stw_SER
28th Sep 2006, 13:05
Hi everyone,

I got a new date of travel, itīs november 3rd.

Anybody else going???

Hope to get in touch with some joiners before travelling...

Greets
Katjusch

Hello Katjusch,My name is Ana and I also got a new date of travel.Instead of 20th Oct it is 13 Oct.I am very excited it is only 15 days from now!I guess I should start packing my things!Can't believe,my dream came true!
Dubai...I am coming!I wish a nice flight to all joiners departing these days and hope to meet all of you in Dubai! Katjusch what was your first travel date?

All the best....and...CABIN CREW Take your seats for take off!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
]
Ana,Belgrade,Serbia

geetha
28th Sep 2006, 14:31
hey Elly..

just wanted to wish u a very happy journey and a safe n happy stay in dxb... and and even happier time flying wit Ek.
all the best wit ur training, etc... and May God Bless u.
and don't forget to keep us posted on the happenings.

bye:ok:

wingman_faisal
28th Sep 2006, 23:33
hi guy,
its nice 2 see every ones excitement abt EK , lookin fwd 2 fly with u all with such good team work ,helping each other.... keep it up, dont forget this after goin on line. i have been flying with Ek for more than 2yrs and belive me its grt pls 2 b ,u all wont regret and all the best to those who r goin 4 it.
keep this thread goin

li777
29th Sep 2006, 04:38
when they are going to be back to Brazil?

are they still hiring in brazil?

flyoneday
29th Sep 2006, 11:14
li777

Just keep checking on their site,they always show where they will be recruiting in the near future.
Best wishes to you!!!

we wil join EK one day!
~

flyoneday
29th Sep 2006, 11:17
Esthera

You can also check out the thread on "Anything having to do with Emirates Interviews"
It has loads of info about EK interviews...................it has alot of info!

~

klinitco
29th Sep 2006, 11:51
This is just from what I've picked up from PPRuNe and I know the airline would never officially do this; but I've heard that they don't take blonde men because of gay connotations. Is there any truth in this? Would being Scandinavian be an obstacle? How big a help is being multilingual? I speak fluent English and Swedish, conversational German and I can understand and make myself understood when it comes to French. Would the French and German 'skills' still be valuable even though i'm not fluent?

Thanks heaps

katjuscha
29th Sep 2006, 12:38
Hi Klinitco,

donīt care too much about what other people say!! There are rumours everywhere and many of them are just rumours, nobody knows what kind of criterias EK really has, I think, they are a few blond male CC members!!

Just try it, dare it, be confident, you have so many things they want, your languageskills are great!!

Go to a open day and maybe youīll get the chance to go to Dubai!!

I keep my fingers crossed for you!!

xxx
katjuscha

This is just from what I've picked up from PPRuNe and I know the airline would never officially do this; but I've heard that they don't take blonde men because of gay connotations. Is there any truth in this? Would being Scandinavian be an obstacle? How big a help is being multilingual? I speak fluent English and Swedish, conversational German and I can understand and make myself understood when it comes to French. Would the French and German 'skills' still be valuable even though i'm not fluent?

Thanks heaps

flyoneday
29th Sep 2006, 12:40
klinitco

If am not wrong, Emirates is mainly concerned about the English.
If you can speak itfluently i think there is no problem.
Then i understand that only when one is fluent in another language other than English should you mention it during your interview otherwise i think it may work against you in case you are required to be interviewed in that additional language one may say he/she knows.

hope that helps.

~

amowers
29th Sep 2006, 13:24
when they are going to be back to Brazil?

are they still hiring in brazil?

Hey, they just had an open day in SP last Sunday, too bad you missed it. I know they are having another open day in Salvador in the middle of October, too.

Do you use Orkut? If you do, add the community FLY RIGHT INTERNATIONAL and EMIRATES. Fly Right is the agency that takes care of Emirates Recruitment here in Brazil -- They are great! I just got through the process and am now waiting for approval on my medicals. I did the open day in Rio in July.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Ashley

klinitco
30th Sep 2006, 04:14
Hi Klinitco,

donīt care too much about what other people say!! There are rumours everywhere and many of them are just rumours, nobody knows what kind of criterias EK really has, I think, they are a few blond male CC members!!

Just try it, dare it, be confident, you have so many things they want, your languageskills are great!!

Go to a open day and maybe youīll get the chance to go to Dubai!!

I keep my fingers crossed for you!!

xxx
katjuscha

Thankyou Katjuscha and Fly-one-day for your responses!They have been very encouraging. English is my mother tongue so I'll be fine there =)

elivassileva
30th Sep 2006, 07:03
Last night I have arrived, guys!!!..and I'm staying in a hotel..- Majestic.

There is just one computer, and no wireless, so I am not sure I will keep posted as much as I want...But still I will try.

Best regards from Dubai!!!!;)

ELLY

Hazel77
30th Sep 2006, 13:22
Hello everyone!

I've read all the good information you guys kindly mentioned here.
I am originally from Korea living in Christchrch New Zealand.
I finished my final interview on 28th , Aug.
I couldn't submit my 2 references on the interview day, so I 've sent via post and they've got on 9th Sep.

I am still waiting for the result since the final interview I have been nervous and stressed..:ooh:

Is there anyone who attended the final interview in Christchurch? ^^

I hope they reply soon .

pinkus
30th Sep 2006, 16:06

Thanks heaps

I happen to know a very gay very blonde fellow who was hired with them just a couple of weeks ago.

amowers
30th Sep 2006, 17:51

There is just one computer, and no wireless, so I am not sure I will keep posted as much as I want...But still I will try.

ELLY

So nice to hear from you Elly, glad to hear you got there safely....keep us updated when you have more news.

Rodica
1st Oct 2006, 12:43
just a quick question about open day interviews.Do I need to receive an invitation from Emirates to the open day interview?or do i just show up on the specified day?

The reason I am asking this for is because I've already registered for the open day scheduled for Bucharest on the 7th of october,but upon registering for the interview I received an automatically generated script saying that they will look at my application and that IF I am short listed i will be scheduled for an interview next time they come to my country or a country in the vecinity of mine.

Does this mean that if I don't receive an invitation I shouldn't bother?or that I should just go ahead and try to meet them and try to submit my file personally(which I will try to do no matter what).
Hope I get some answers on this one,thanx in advance,safe flights

Hi black sheep, just found this page and wanna say hello.I'm doing an ground job with a regional airline for over a year now but i wanna fly terribly.
I will join the open day in Bucharest now settle for October 22 :ok: .I wanna talk to you more about this.
So please drop me a line .

sabby_nz
1st Oct 2006, 21:18

ELLY

Hey Elly
Wow ur in Dubai.... :D
Great to hear from you
Keep us posted on how your training goes when ever
you can
take care :)

sabby

Ell J
2nd Oct 2006, 09:02
Hi, Just wondering what the process of referencing is with Emirates. Do they need to cover the last 5 years? If so who do they need to contact Inland Revenue and my past employers? I'm a bit worried as I have lost count of the jobs i've had in the past 5 years and I cannot remember the dates of them! Also is it a lonely existance in Dubai or is it a sociable job? I'd be greateful for any advice on this!
:)

elivassileva
2nd Oct 2006, 15:56
Hi, dear guy!!!

I had already 3 days training..It is so interesting and exciting!!! I have met people from everywhere!!! WOW... :)

The training is quite intensive..And next week our first exam!!

The food (except brekfast in the hotel) is not provided and is expensive in the college...

What happend with you guys- Amowers, and others??? People that were expected to be here??

Ok, keep in touch!

Regards:
Elly:ok:

amowers
2nd Oct 2006, 21:49
Hey Elly!!! I just got word that I passed my medical today so I guess its confirmed..although I havent received anything other than that...OCTOBER 27 I am out of here! Huge relief, since it took over 3 weeks to get a response. And today is my birthday, so it made my day about a million times better!

Glad to hear all is going well in Dubai...good luck with your training. Give us more updates when you get the chance!

Ashley

Hi, dear guy!!!

I had already 3 days training..It is so interesting and exciting!!! I have met people from everywhere!!! WOW... :)

The training is quite intensive..And next week our first exam!!

The food (except brekfast in the hotel) is not provided and is expensive in the college...

What happend with you guys- Amowers, and others??? People that were expected to be here??

Ok, keep in touch!

Regards:
Elly:ok:

OzyOS
3rd Oct 2006, 05:46
Hi Ell J, In regards to your questions Emirates are very thorough; If you make it through the interview process you will need to re-count the last few jobs that you have worked in (to the nearest month). I gave 3-4 and if you have any significant gaps between jobs they also like you to explain why/what you were doing instead i.e study or travel etc. EK will need to see certificates or written references to support your claims of employment/studies.
EK will require 2 contactable referees from your past or current employers and these referees must be supported with written reference from them as well.

As for Dubai...Go for it! You will have an amazing time and find the experience completely invaluable.
I have added the "Written Reference Requirement Form" we were given as a guideline for you to understand what they are expecting.

Best of luck!

Written Reference Requirement Form

1- To be from present or most recent employer
2- If you are ex-Cabin Crew or existing Cabin Crew-you MUST also provide a written reference from the airline of which you are/were and employee/employed.
3- Written on a company letter head stationary.
4- Stating the following general information:

* Employee (or ex-employee's) full name
* Date of birth
* Name of company
* Length of service (start to end date)
* position held
* reason for leaving

5- Other areas that should be mentioned are:

* General performance
* Customer Service Orientation
* Attendance and Reliability
* Reason for leaving
* Would you employ this person again

6- Example:

Dear Recruitment manager,

I can cinfirm that <name &date of birth> was employed by <name of company> from <start date> to <end date> as <position>.

In this position <name> carried out his/her role in a <please comment on general performance and customer service skills> manner.

<please comment on attendance & relaiability, reason for leaving and if you would emply this person again>

Yours sincerely
<Name, position held and signature>

OzyOS
3rd Oct 2006, 05:50
Also, Elly bless your heart for still making contact when you can...we enjoy reading your posts!

All the best

Jorga
3rd Oct 2006, 09:58
Hi everyone,
I am new to this site and have been reading it with interest for the last month. I am going to the open day in Brisbane this Saturday 7th October.

I have worked in the airline industry in Australia and have heard a few of my previous colleagues are now working for Emirates. However I heard through the grape vine they are coming back home as the pay is not as high as they expected. Does anyone know how much the pay actually is?

If anyone has any tips for me for the open day it would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations to all of you who have passed your medicals and are ready to jet off.

Cheers
Jorga

:) :)

katjuscha
3rd Oct 2006, 11:48
Hi Jorga,

as cabin crew your salary depends on how much you are flying. Fliying hours and per diem payment are variable every month.

About the Basic salary and the flight our payment theyīll give you information at the open day. My guideline sais itīs 3640 AED basic salary and 49 AED flying pay at the beginning and appr. 80 flight ours per month. the basic salary is paid from the date of joining incl. training. 50% of basic salary is protected against exchange rate fluctuation between Dirham and your homecountry currency.

Donīt forget, itīs tax-free and you donīt need to pay any rent or anything. And if you perform well, theyīll promote you and your salary will be increased.

All people I know are very satisfied with the salary at EK!

You will get all this informations at the open day and you are allowed to ask questions, so donīt hesitate!

Good luck to you!!!

katjuscha

Hi everyone,
I am new to this site and have been reading it with interest for the last month. I am going to the open day in Brisbane this Saturday 7th October.

I have worked in the airline industry in Australia and have heard a few of my previous colleagues are now working for Emirates. However I heard through the grape vine they are coming back home as the pay is not as high as they expected. Does anyone know how much the pay actually is?

Congratulations to all of you who have passed your medicals and are ready to jet off.

Cheers
Jorga

amowers
3rd Oct 2006, 13:04
Hey Popins, whats new? You are leaving this Friday, right? Update us!

helfsich
3rd Oct 2006, 13:34
Hi everyone,

Cheers
Jorga

Hi Jorga,

The pay is definately adequate, however you'll find yourself struggle in the first 1-2 months as your flying pay hasn't kicked in yet. Once that is over, and you're flying regulary, you'll find it is very easy to save money, esp when you do layovers as they give you more than enough money to cover food. For example, they provide approx. $100 AUD for an Australian layover of 24 hours. There's also a discount card you get, which get's you nice discounts of lots of clubs, pubs and restaurants in Dubai. Personally, I save the basic salary every month, but some crew they totally splurge it all and finish their contract with nothing saved up. It depends how stringent you are with money I guess, but you won't go broke, that's for sure.

For the open day... Just make sure you're well groomed. You'll get barely 2 minutes with the interviewers, so being well-presented is a must. (For Females, well fitting suit, conservative makeup, hair up, preferably in a bun, stockings, nails well manicured but polish not neccessary until final interview; For Males, shaved, good clean pressed suit, minimal hair product, and no novelty ties! No strange hair colours, must look natural as possible) Having a well presented CV is a must too, as that is where they'll be deciding whether you'll carry on to the next stage. Don't be surprised if they only ask you two questions.

Also, if the open day is the 7th of October, be sure to also have the 8th of October completely free. The recruiters are usually from Dubai, and have about a week in each city, and will use 7th as the open day, 8th as the day of interaction, and probably the 9th, 10, and 11th as the final interview days.

And FYI - the Brisbane trip, it involves 12 days away from base, but you get 2 blocks of 48 hours in Brisbane, as well as 2 blocks of 24 hours in Singapore. It has an Aukland shuttle in between. They're working on a direct Brisbane too...

Hope that helps, and good luck to all.

Ell J
3rd Oct 2006, 13:57
Hi OzyOs, Thankyou for your advice and detail regarding the references. This forum is very useful so thanks again and I'll be putting my thinking cap on for remembering my previous jobs and dates etc! :ok:

elivassileva
3rd Oct 2006, 14:07
Hi, dear friends!!

Today was my 3th day! It was a bad day, since we had to spend the day in Emirates Clinic!! Since I havent done a lot of my vaccinations, I had to do 3 of them!!! And next month another 3!!! So, people, listen to me,..try to do all of them even these , which are optional...The prices are the same, I assume.

There are 2 colleges- aviation and training college...Very nice, new and interesting... So, you will have fun here, but you have to study hard too...

We are like 17 in our batch...and already we know each other, since we spend so much time together- from 7h in the morning..till 5-6 in the afternoon.. So, be prepared, guys!!

Don forget to bring all the stuff that they had listed!!

Ok...take care..and I will be happy to help you out with whatever you need...so you get here too!!!

Best wishes: Elly:ok:

cabincat
3rd Oct 2006, 18:43
Hi Guys!
2 weeks ago I found out that I got into Emirates! This was only 1 week and a half after my final interview!
Have completed my medicals and yesterday they called me to tell me to resign which I have done today.
I will be starting Oct 29th... SO EXCITED!!!!
Thought I would post a few tips on what I thought helped me through...
* When applying on the website make sure you have good professional photos done and all your information is accurate.
* If you don't hear from them and feel a little anxious give them a call at the Head Office and ask them to look up your application no. and ask them when they will be coming to your town or if you are able tell them you will be willing to travel - this is what I did.
* On the day if you are nervous just go and talk to as many people as possible. The more friends you make the more confident you will feel. Remember... you are all in the same boat!
* It has been said over and over but make sure your presentation is neat, tidy and professional!!! Dont be afraid to show a little flair but if your invitationan says suit and tie/knee length skirt then WEAR IT!!
* During the group excercises make sure you listen to others, acknowledge what they have said, offer your opinion and then confirm with the group. Tried and tested method. Dont talk too much and dont say too little, find the happy medium. Make sure your body language is open and always maintain eye contact.If someone is silent try and include them by asking what they think. Don't look at the recruiters!... its best to pretend they are not there.
* Don't be afraid to let your personality shine. Everyone will appreciate it... trust me!
* If you are successful to the final interview make sure you prepare some answers regarding your past work experience. It is hard to know what they are going to ask as the final can be more like an informal chat but whatever they do ask remember to explain the situation, what you did and then the outcome. If you are talking about a negative situation make sure you turn it into a positive.
* Remember the photos you submit here are very important. This is what the selection panel will judge you on. At my interview they asked me to submit a casual photo as well which apparently is a new thing. I gave them one of me standing in a garden smiling (corny i know!!)
* If you have been rejected before please try again. This was my 3rd attempt and I finally made it!
All the best and good luck!:)

FIEVAL
3rd Oct 2006, 19:53
Hi everyone,

Its been a little while since I have been on the forum but it is good to see everyone is still here.

ELI - Awesome work with the updates from Dubai, you must be one of the very few prunners who has gone to Dubai and still keeping in contact and giving us updates on your training. Sounds kinda full on, but it will all be worth it in the end. Keep up the updates we love to hear from you.

To the rest that are awaiting departure dates good luck to you guys too....I submitted all my medicals yesterday so I guess I will have to play the waiting game all over again, hope to hear something from them soon, but by the look of things most people dont get an answer until 2-3 weeks after submitting their final medical forms, either way I have finished my side of everything it is up to them now.

I havent seen a post from Motherhen in a while....Motherhen if you are out there, drop us a line to let us know how your daughter is going...it is always interesting to hear what your daughter has been up too....

Anyhoo will keep all of ya updated on my application.

Cheers
Fieval:O

amowers
3rd Oct 2006, 20:40
Hey Cabincat, boy have you been lucky! I am leaving October 27 from Brazil, so I imagine you will be in the same training class as me seeing that you are starting Oct 29.

They actually called you to tell you to resign? Thats great! Normally, or so I have read, they do it all by email and usually really close to the departure date lol. All I got was a little email saying my medicals were approved, more than three weeks after I submitted them! I am still waiting for final approval I guess and the contract and everything else. Have you got those emails?

Anyways, congrats! I will see you in Dubai, its always nice to find people leaving the same day! Where are you from?

Ashley

Hi Guys!
2 weeks ago I found out that I got into Emirates! This was only 1 week and a half after my final interview!
Have completed my medicals and yesterday they called me to tell me to resign which I have done today.
I will be starting Oct 29th... SO EXCITED!!!!
Thought I would post a few tips on what I thought helped me through...
* When applying on the website make sure you have good professional photos done and all your information is accurate.
* If you don't hear from them and feel a little anxious give them a call at the Head Office and ask them to look up your application no. and ask them when they will be coming to your town or if you are able tell them you will be willing to travel - this is what I did.
* On the day if you are nervous just go and talk to as many people as possible. The more friends you make the more confident you will feel. Remember... you are all in the same boat!
* It has been said over and over but make sure your presentation is neat, tidy and professional!!! Dont be afraid to show a little flair but if your invitationan says suit and tie/knee length skirt then WEAR IT!!
* During the group excercises make sure you listen to others, acknowledge what they have said, offer your opinion and then confirm with the group. Tried and tested method. Dont talk too much and dont say too little, find the happy medium. Make sure your body language is open and always maintain eye contact.If someone is silent try and include them by asking what they think. Don't look at the recruiters!... its best to pretend they are not there.
* Don't be afraid to let your personality shine. Everyone will appreciate it... trust me!
* If you are successful to the final interview make sure you prepare some answers regarding your past work experience. It is hard to know what they are going to ask as the final can be more like an informal chat but whatever they do ask remember to explain the situation, what you did and then the outcome. If you are talking about a negative situation make sure you turn it into a positive.
* Remember the photos you submit here are very important. This is what the selection panel will judge you on. At my interview they asked me to submit a casual photo as well which apparently is a new thing. I gave them one of me standing in a garden smiling (corny i know!!)
* If you have been rejected before please try again. This was my 3rd attempt and I finally made it!
All the best and good luck!:)

cabincat
4th Oct 2006, 05:43
Thank you Ashley,
Hopefully we will be in the same batch as I know EK have several starting each week. Will be nice to meet a fellow PPruner!
My experience has been a little different as I had my interview in DXB and am already living and working here.
The process seems to be slightly quicker however I have been running in and out of the office to pick up and return paperwork. No emails have been sent to me.
Cheers guys and keep the posts coming! :ok:

OzyOS
4th Oct 2006, 06:41
Ell J, you are more than welcome, make sure to keep posting on your progress....Goodluck! :)

Cabincat (cute user name) Congratulations :D on your success!

Cheers :p

mother hen
4th Oct 2006, 07:54
Hi, everyone, mother hen here,
Fieval, well done, hope everything goes well with your medicals. I'm still around, reading thr forum, my daughter has nearly completed her 4th week of training!!! It's gone by so quick! My daughter is 21, she will be 22 Feb 2007, and this was her first attempt with EK, so suppose she was lucky! But it was what she really wanted. The hardest part of the training is over now, thank god she said. A lot of studying......in fact she said she hadn't studied so hard since her GCSE's!!! She's sent me plenty of photo's(she looks so lovely in the uniform, and I'm so proud of her!) and she's having a great time. She's met so many people of all nationalities, from different backgrounds and cultures, but out there she says you realise everyone is exactly the same! At the mo there doing first aid, then next week i think service, and by then she will be nearly ready to graduate! I hope I can get hold of some pics of the graduation!!
Once she's graduated I've told her I want her to send me a copy of her roster, I need to keep a check on where she is. As I said to her, she might be out of sight, but she'll never be out of mind to me!!!

Oh, well, good luck to you all,
best wishes,
motherhen.

OzyOS
4th Oct 2006, 08:00
Just got the call myself to begin medicals (phew!) and talk about speedy gonzalas...they want me there on the 20th of this month!

One thing I wanted to say to everyone else going for this position regarding your photographs, I know they are very important, but please dont think you have to spend lots of money to have them done professionally (not to be confussed with you needing to look professional in your shots with appropriate attire etc). But I have heard horrible stories of people spending so much money on their pictures thinking that if they dont spend X amount then they wont get the job, or having to re-do pictures (even after going to a professional and ending up spending hundreds). All EK are concerned with are that your pictures are clear to see (head and full length) and your grooming is acceptable for their requirements. My photos were done at home, (full lenght and head shot) with an ordinary camers on a blank white wall in my house...and these were fine.

But at the end of the day do what makes you feel comfortable, and if spending the money does that (and you have it) then go for it! But if you need to save some dosh (like I did) then your own pic's should be just as fine ;)

Will keep posting on progress and best of luck to all applying/going through this anxious process!

AnA_stw_SER
4th Oct 2006, 12:24
Hi guys!I see that everyone are very excited on this forum and waiting is killing all of us.I am supose to leave to Dubai next friday 13 Oct,and still waiting for official letter of offer,contract,ticket..etc.Actually I received mail which confirms my medical approved ten days ago and few days after I was contacted by phone with request to leave on 13 Oct.And since ten nothing...I should start packing,have just 9 days till departure and I still don't have official employment offer.Is someone leaving on Friday 13 also?wow..Friday 13th..a bit scary!:eek: Please post me some advice,or what is going on with paperwork for Joiners traveling soon.
All the best
Regards
AnA

amowers
4th Oct 2006, 14:14
Hey Ana,

I have a friend who went through the recruitment here in Brazil with me and hes leaving on October 13th. He hasnt gotten his contract or anything, but they have already sent his airplane ticket by FedEX and hes tracked it and everything. I guess they dont always do things in a certain order...lol

Take that how you want to, but if I were you, I would start packing!

amowers

Hi guys!I see that everyone are very excited on this forum and waiting is killing all of us.I am supose to leave to Dubai next friday 13 Oct,and still waiting for official letter of offer,contract,ticket..etc.Actually I received mail which confirms my medical approved ten days ago and few days after I was contacted by phone with request to leave on 13 Oct.And since ten nothing...I should start packing,have just 9 days till departure and I still don't have official employment offer.Is someone leaving on Friday 13 also?wow..Friday 13th..a bit scary!:eek: Please post me some advice,or what is going on with paperwork for Joiners traveling soon.
All the best
Regards
AnA

AnA_stw_SER
4th Oct 2006, 14:24
THANK'S for advice AMOWERS!
I will start packing tommorow,and if I don't receive anything from Emirates untill day friday I will simply contact them and ask what and when to expect?

all the best:ok:

Hey Ana,

I have a friend who went through the recruitment here in Brazil with me and hes leaving on October 13th. He hasnt gotten his contract or anything, but they have already sent his airplane ticket by FedEX and hes tracked it and everything. I guess they dont always do things in a certain order...lol

Take that how you want to, but if I were you, I would start packing!

amowers

Ex EK Trolley
4th Oct 2006, 14:55
Hi guys just to let you all know that the office working hours for emirates is sun-thur 8-3.30 despite Emirates being a 24 hr 365 day operation. Also as it is ramadan here things grind more slowly than normal!! Good Luck and dont panic.

FIEVAL
4th Oct 2006, 20:01
Hi guys,

Just got an email from Emirates regarding date of joining, informing me that the date has now changed, however I have not received anything to say that my medicals have been cleared. This process is really weird. Can anyone shed some light on how they contact you to confirm weather your medicals have passed or not, is it via email? is it via phone?

And also when they contact you to confirm weather your medicals have passed, do they then offer you employment and request that you hand in notice to your job?

Any answers would be good, just need to know what to expect.....emirates seems to move in mysterious ways.

Cheers

:O

amowers
4th Oct 2006, 21:06
Hey Fieval! How long ago did you submit your medicals?? I submitted mine at the beginning of September and it took about 25 days to get a response from them. I sent them an email 3 days after I submitted it and then got an email saying my medicals had been completed and approved, but thats all it said. I got that on Monday and havent received anything since. Thats me. And from everyone else I have spoken to, they have been told by email, minus Cabincat who got a phone call.

Apparently they go through the medical exams by your departure date...mine is October 27th. When is yours? If its the 27th or before the 27th, you should hear from them really soon.

I guess the next step, from what I have read on this website is that you get sent another email saying that you have gotten final approval and then you can give in your notice to your employer, then they send the contract and then they send your plane tickets etc. Obviously it doesnt always work like that though becuase as I posted before, I have a friend who only got the email saying his medicals were completed and approved and nothing else and his plane ticket had already been sent by FedEx. He got no final approval and no contract.

Good luck with everything...their process is kind of confusing, but it looks like everyone makes it there eventually. lol. Let us know how things go.

amowers

Hi guys,

Just got an email from Emirates regarding date of joining, informing me that the date has now changed, however I have not received anything to say that my medicals have been cleared. This process is really weird. Can anyone shed some light on how they contact you to confirm weather your medicals have passed or not, is it via email? is it via phone?

And also when they contact you to confirm weather your medicals have passed, do they then offer you employment and request that you hand in notice to your job?

Any answers would be good, just need to know what to expect.....emirates seems to move in mysterious ways.

Cheers

:O

FAinbaires
5th Oct 2006, 07:32
Hello Everybody!!

I am attending a global day a few days in Paraguay (Im from Argentina). My question is about the medical exam (I know it's a long way to get there anyway!!! A lot of interviews to pass).
About scars and tattos, does the doctor have to say u dont have any?? or is it only that u cant work for EK if they are visible while in uniform??
I have a scar on my right upper arm cause when I was a child i cut myself up! :\ it'd be noticeable if i wore really short sleeves... And I've heard that might be a restrain to work for EK. Is this so? Do they also check you when you get to DUBAI???

If someone please could answer me this I'd be really thankfull! :ok:

Dana

flyoneday
5th Oct 2006, 07:46
FAinbaires

hello,
while am also a wonnabe so my info will be more of advice n not maybe not so accurate but what i would want to urge you for now is to concentrate on the interview preparation.

If you mind will be on the scar,it will distrate you. Go there with a positive mind coz for the last two global assessment days i have gone to, i had doubts about getting the job n my doubts came true so please go with a positive mind!!!

about the medicals, i dont know if they check for scars so maybe some who has gone would shed more light but since its on your upper arm, maybe you're okey.
i wish you all the best and do keep us posted.

~

AnA_stw_SER
5th Oct 2006, 10:32
I was just wondering what is procedure like when you want to invite someone to visit you in Dubai,stay few days, while you are placed in Company's appartment.Are we allowed such a thing?anyone ?
Thank's for reply

Ana

klinitco
5th Oct 2006, 13:35
Two blocks of 48 hours in Brisbane sounds good, just a bit curious:

- What layovers are involved for the SYD/MEL flights (non-stop and via BKK/SIN respectively)? Do any flights involve layovers in NZ (or was I wrong in interpreting shuttle as a there-and-back in a day service?).

- Are European services just 24 hours? Do shorter flights like ATH, LCA involve layovers too? How long are JFK layovers usually?

Just really curious as many other airlines AU layovers are more along the lines of 30 hours, so this sounds good.

amowers
5th Oct 2006, 14:02
Hola FAinbaires...I just went through the medicals and got my approval and am leaving October 27th so hopefully I can help you out a little.

The only time I was asked if I had any marks on my body was in the final interview...and I told them I had a tattoo on my lower back, which didnt seem to make any difference at all. During the medicals, no, no doctor had to state if we had marks of any kind, it wasnt on the forms, so you dont have to worry about that.

As for when you get to Dubai, I have absolutely no idea, maybe Elly can help us out with that???

I dont even know if Emirates has a uniform part that shows the top part of your arms...I doubt it and if they dont, it shouldnt be a problem.

Either way, go to the assessment day with a positive attitude. I am here in Brazil, so we are neighbours...good luck!!! Hope to see you in Dubai!

Hello Everybody!!

I am attending a global day a few days in Paraguay (Im from Argentina). My question is about the medical exam (I know it's a long way to get there anyway!!! A lot of interviews to pass).
About scars and tattos, does the doctor have to say u dont have any?? or is it only that u cant work for EK if they are visible while in uniform??
I have a scar on my right upper arm cause when I was a child i cut myself up! :\ it'd be noticeable if i wore really short sleeves... And I've heard that might be a restrain to work for EK. Is this so? Do they also check you when you get to DUBAI???

If someone please could answer me this I'd be really thankfull! :ok:

Dana

amowers
5th Oct 2006, 14:07
Yay! I emailed Emirates about changing my address yesterday and I got a response today telling me not to worry and that the ticket has already been applied for and should arrive via FedEX within maximum ten days!!! Thats sooooooo exciting! I havent even gotten an email about final approval or the contract...but I dont care. The ticket is whats going to make me finally believe that this is not all just a dream!

Newnz
5th Oct 2006, 17:29
Hi guys. It's been a while since I've logged on - been busy beyond belief! Motherhen is being very truthful when she says you have to study hard! I previously worked for another airline longhaul and the training is far more thorough and full-on! You are put in some tough situations and really need to think on your feet and be as assertive as possible during the practical safety procedures exercises. I'm just looking forward to getting training finished! You meet great people though and really help each other through things! Gotta go, will try to post something again soon!:p

FAinbaires
5th Oct 2006, 20:02
AMOWERS, obrigado!!!! ur answer was really helpful and it really motivated me!! I hope to see you in Dubai some day as well!!! :O

Flyoneday, thank you so much!!! U r right about the positive attitude, if we think something is not gonna happen, it wont!

Everyone here is really helpful and positive!! U really give us hope! :D

Dee

FIEVAL
6th Oct 2006, 00:22
Hi Amowners,

Thank you for your help, it has helped me understand things just a little bit more, my departure date has been changed from the 10th of November to the 24th of November. However I have to hand in 2 months notice to my current employer so if I am accepted it would really good to receive a response from them asap! So that I can hand in my 2 months notice and make the flight date, however I think either way I am hoping they will accommodate my notice period and move my departure date back if necessary. Fingers crossed huh!

:D

amowers
6th Oct 2006, 01:18
Hey Fieval, I imagine your medicals will be delayed a bit due to your date being so far off...but after 3 weeks or so, send them an email and maybe mention that you do need to give 2 months notice. ..as soon as I did that, I got an email 3 days later saying my medicals were approved. I am sure they have to move your departure date back, they understand you need to give two months notice...so I wouldnt worry about that too much.

Hi Amowners,

Thank you for your help, it has helped me understand things just a little bit more, my departure date has been changed from the 10th of November to the 24th of November. However I have to hand in 2 months notice to my current employer so if I am accepted it would really good to receive a response from them asap! So that I can hand in my 2 months notice and make the flight date, however I think either way I am hoping they will accommodate my notice period and move my departure date back if necessary. Fingers crossed huh!

:D

AnA_stw_SER
6th Oct 2006, 12:10
Just got my ticket by Fed Ex!I am flying on Friday 13th Oct Belgrade-Frankfurt-Dubai!Still waiting for visa and contract!Anyone else going?!

Wow,can't beleive I made it!

Ana:ok:

flyoneday
6th Oct 2006, 12:33
wow Ana!!!
Congratulations.i cant wait when it will be my turn!
but i gat a long way to go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,have to invitated for an interview first,pass them,go for finals,get to be asked to take my medicals,pass em,get approved n asked to resign!:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

when wil this be? :{

~

steel06
6th Oct 2006, 14:17
hi :):) anybody planning to attend the open day in singapore on november? :)

katjuscha
6th Oct 2006, 19:18
Congratulations!!!!! :D

Enjoy you last week with your family and friends and have a good journey!!

Hope to see you in Dubai!!!

xxx
katjuscha

Just got my ticket by Fed Ex!I am flying on Friday 13th Oct Belgrade-Frankfurt-Dubai!Still waiting for visa and contract!Anyone else going?!

Wow,can't beleive I made it!

Ana:ok:

amowers
6th Oct 2006, 22:04
Congrats!!!! That must be a nice feeling. I hope I can say the same two weeks from now!

I just got the same news from a friend leaving the same date...he hasnt gotten his visa or contract either...

OzyOS
7th Oct 2006, 03:52
Congratulations Ana and best of luck....your in for the ride of your life! :D

OzyOS
7th Oct 2006, 03:57
Hey steel06, dont know of anyone attending the Singapore interviews, but make sure you have a good read of this thread and another EK thread under "anything to do with emirates"on this site. You will find some excellent advice which should help you out and help calm the nerves! Preperation is invaluable for these types of interviews!

Goodluck!

steel06
7th Oct 2006, 07:05
hi everybody:)
anybody attending the global assessment day on oct 22 in the philippines:)

ChocolatBabe
7th Oct 2006, 12:43
Oh dear, I posted something just now, but it didnt appear. Sorry if this post comes out twice guys.
Im very new here and I was just saying how great this place is where almost everyone is so helpful and friendly. Im especially pleased to know that there are so many successful aspiring candidates. To those who didnt make it: cheer up, things happen for a reason, and if u have the heart, try again, u never know whats in store in the future.
There'll be an open house in KL in 2 weeks time. And i have a 'situation'. I understand that u got to be in smart business-like attire on that open-day: women prefereably to be wearing knee length skirts. Im a muslim girl who dons a headgear and do not expose skin. will this be an issue? Ive seen those videos on youtube showing ladies undergoing emirates training. and i saw a muslim lady participant who donned a headgear so i presume this will not be a problem at all. but nevertheless, those in the know, i would really appreciate it if u could give me somewhat the real picture of what might happen. any advice? im soo nervous coz i really wanna do this and i dont wanna get booted out on the very first instance when they see me. :(
Anyway, to everyone out there, happy net-surfing.

geetha
7th Oct 2006, 13:38
hi...
hav u reached dxb? wat happened... no posts frm u for so long nw?

neways, all the best with ur training. and wish u a happy stay in dxb and do keep us posted on the training.

God Bless

geetha
7th Oct 2006, 13:45
Ana:

Congrats! and wish u GUD LUCK!

OzyOS:

all the best with ur medicals!

amowers:

congrats . happy to knw dat ur ticket is on its ways. all the best to u too.

elly:
thanks for keeping in touch inspite of ur busy schedules!

GOD BLESS !

AnA_stw_SER
7th Oct 2006, 18:47
Hello to all of You!
Thank You for everything!You helped me a lot while being so nervous about EK!This forum is great,a lot of nice people sharing same dreams,wishes and different experiences!I wish you all the best and hope to meet all of you soon in Dubai!
In case you need any help or have any question regarding Ek be free to write on [email protected]. It would be pleasure to help you.

For all of you leaving soon Have a nice flight and see you soon!
And for you who are still waiting your dream to come true..don't give up!And don't ever loose hope!I attended open day first and only time in May,passed through the finals and didn't hear anything from Ek till middle of August!I lost even last hope and then my phone rang,It was nice lady from emirates Recruitment team!

Good Luck!

Ana:O

helfsich
7th Oct 2006, 18:50
Two blocks of 48 hours in Brisbane sounds good, just a bit curious:

- What layovers are involved for the SYD/MEL flights (non-stop and via BKK/SIN respectively)? Do any flights involve layovers in NZ (or was I wrong in interpreting shuttle as a there-and-back in a day service?).

- Are European services just 24 hours? Do shorter flights like ATH, LCA involve layovers too? How long are JFK layovers usually?

Just really curious as many other airlines AU layovers are more along the lines of 30 hours, so this sounds good.

For Sydney flights, one takes the pattern of DXB-SYD-CHC-SYD-DXB with each outstation having a layover of 24 hours. It's always packed via SYD-DXB and vice versa, but rarely packed via CHC. Plus it's on a spiffy aircraft with crew rest bunks. Sometimes if you finish service quick enough you can get 5 hours of horizontal rest on the DXB-SYD route which makes all the difference.

The DXB-BKK-SYD-AKL pattern I've never done, but my understanding is that it the SYD-AKL-SYD is a shuttle. There's definately 24 hours in BKK but I don't know if there is 24 or 48 hours rest in SYD to be honest.

For Melbourne flights, the DXB-MEL-AKL-MEL-DXB pattern works in the same way as the SYD-CHC flight - 24 hours rest at each station and you have the crew bunks.

However, the only other MEL flight is DXB-SIN-MEL-SIN-DXB where you get 24 hours in SIN but only 17 hours in Melbourne! Hopefully they'll extend the rest soon, but it's been operating that way for a while and there's been no mention of a change.

For European flights, they usually involve a 24 hour layover, but there are some nice ones, such as a 2 day Malta and a 4 day Milan. Destinations need to have a flight time of greater than 4.5 hours for there to be a layover, so we stay 24 hours in Athens but don't stay in Lanarca.

Also, JFK is a funny one and confuses many crew when they fly over. To work the JFK flights (and any other US destination that EK will start up in the future), you must apply for a US Visa. You apply for the visa with EK, and it's up to EK as to who applies or not. Even if you have a US passport you still apply for the visa, it's a special crew visa. If you're a German speaker, you MUST apply for it, as there is a JFK route via Hamburg. Most layovers are around 24-48 hours, there are over 2 flights a day there.

Before, EK invited crew to apply for the visa, but more recently they're getting whole abinitios to apply during training college.

Hope that helps :-)

goyangee
7th Oct 2006, 19:45
For Sydney flights, one takes the pattern of DXB-SYD-CHC-SYD-DXB with each outstation having a layover of 24 hours. It's always packed via SYD-DXB and vice versa, but rarely packed via CHC. Plus it's on a spiffy aircraft with crew rest bunks. Sometimes if you finish service quick enough you can get 5 hours of horizontal rest on the DXB-SYD route which makes all the difference.

The DXB-BKK-SYD-AKL pattern I've never done, but my understanding is that it the SYD-AKL-SYD is a shuttle. There's definately 24 hours in BKK but I don't know if there is 24 or 48 hours rest in SYD to be honest.

For Melbourne flights, the DXB-MEL-AKL-MEL-DXB pattern works in the same way as the SYD-CHC flight - 24 hours rest at each station and you have the crew bunks.

However, the only other MEL flight is DXB-SIN-MEL-SIN-DXB where you get 24 hours in SIN but only 17 hours in Melbourne! Hopefully they'll extend the rest soon, but it's been operating that way for a while and there's been no mention of a change.

For European flights, they usually involve a 24 hour layover, but there are some nice ones, such as a 2 day Malta and a 4 day Milan. Destinations need to have a flight time of greater than 4.5 hours for there to be a layover, so we stay 24 hours in Athens but don't stay in Lanarca.

Also, JFK is a funny one and confuses many crew when they fly over. To work the JFK flights (and any other US destination that EK will start up in the future), you must apply for a US Visa. You apply for the visa with EK, and it's up to EK as to who applies or not. Even if you have a US passport you still apply for the visa, it's a special crew visa. If you're a German speaker, you MUST apply for it, as there is a JFK route via Hamburg. Most layovers are around 24-48 hours, there are over 2 flights a day there.

Before, EK invited crew to apply for the visa, but more recently they're getting whole abinitios to apply during training college.

just Corection on JFK
u don't need visa if u holding US or Canada passport...other country yes u need visa
and JFK layover...
i belive the longest is 30hours

sandramm
7th Oct 2006, 20:02
Hi guys!!!

I m a bit new on this forum, and honestly before posting this I looked around on the forum for any thread about the title of my post but I could not find it... :\ so here I am:

I ll be attending an EK open day in Paris the 28 october and I was wondering about how the open day goes. If we do any tests, presentation, groups test, etc....

If the answer is already on this forum, could someone send me the link?? :O

And if you have any tips for me to be ready for the big day, I would really appreciate, here s my email address: [email protected]

A big MERCI to you all :}

Sandra

klinitco
8th Oct 2006, 06:43

Thanks heaps for the information! Are you German btw?

ChocolatBabe
8th Oct 2006, 08:11
Hi everyone! Ive finally completed step zero, and that is to complete and submit the application form online. :} the open day is in 2 weeks time. even if i dont hear a reply from them, i should just 'invite' myself to the open house right? im soooo nervous! anyone else going for the open house in KL on the 21st?

sandramm>
Yeah i think someone did post something aboutthat, but its in a thread thats already closed. lemme see if i can help u get the link. its in the last page of the CC thread. (am I right guys?) the information u can get there is amazing!!! Good luck! by the way, im just as new as u. :O

Peace to u all.

Casablanca85
8th Oct 2006, 12:00
Hi all together! I just registered myself to be considered for the Emirates Openday in Paris! How long does it take until they get in touch with you provided you are succesful with your application and what is this day about?? Who can help me? I would be very glad about it!
...and good luck to everybody who is applying to join Emirates! :-)

ChocolatBabe
8th Oct 2006, 12:28
Guys, I was just wondering after reading the many, many posts here about open days: are those open days conducted by 3rd parties similar to the ones conducted by EK? For instance, Ive read advices about how dressing in business suits and reaching the location wayyyy earlier is a must. but in a separate forum ive read, the open days held in malaysia/ singapore are a little bit more casual where there were some who turned up hours later (like a walk-in) and in slightly casual attire... and still got through! i wont take the chance of course, but I was just wondering if the selection/elimination process (or criteria) differs between SASS and EK. Anyone?
Counting down.. looking up! :)

OzyOS
8th Oct 2006, 12:54
Hey chocolatBabe, you can definately turn up at the open day, i did (in Melbourne) and now awaiting confirmation on my start date! (looking like the 20th of this month) Although not essential, but if you can remember to take with you the reference number they give you when you submit your online application to the interviews as they do ask for it (and probably looks better on your behalf that you have taken the time to finn-in the online application)

Best of luck with it all and if you need any help/advise everyone on this thread is extreemly welcoming :D

Best of luck!

Letsfly
8th Oct 2006, 12:59
For Syd-Bkk trip you get 24 hours in syd then you do the AKL shuttle and then get 48 hours in syd.

geetha
8th Oct 2006, 13:46
sandramm,ChocolatBabe & Casablanca85:

the other thread which has loads of info on emirates and its recruitment process is :" ANYTHING having to do with emirates applications"
u need to keep searching the pages to find it... so, here is the direct link:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=146913

i hope it helps u all... and all the best for ur interviews!

GOD BLESS!
:ok:

OzyOS
8th Oct 2006, 14:41
Hey ChocolatBabe, I strongly advise against doing anything casually when it comes to these interviews if you really want this position. Always give 110% and this will shine through on the day. Im not too sure what the interviews were like in Singapore etc, but in Mel they were extreemly professional. Have a good read of the anything to do with emirates thread (as shown by geetha) and best of luck!

sandramm
8th Oct 2006, 16:54
To
ChocolateBabe, Geetha and Steel06.....a BIG THANK YOU for your replies and the links u sent me ... so useful.

:) Sandra:D

Final question: I know when u do ur dental check u need to have ur feelings done, but what happens if ur missing one molar (in the back of my mouth, u can hardly see it) which is my case ???

See ya

Wwilko
8th Oct 2006, 18:32
hey
i've important question:

how do i know whether i;ve uae convertable driving licence???
i've a polish driving licence, but i don't know whethr i can drive with it in dubai...
any clue?would be thankful!!!

FAinbaires
8th Oct 2006, 19:57
Casablanca, if it is an open day, even if you got an invite to the interview or no, u should go!

Sandram, about the molar, if they dont see it, that's ok, but i think ur dentist has to fill in a form that all of your teeth dont need any work done. So maybe if u get to that final stage ull find out what to do about it, but dont worry about it yet!

To everybody, it's business attire, DO NOT ARRIVE LATE, always have a smile on ur face. Wear make up but dont look like a clown, nails polished.
I went to an open day in buenos aires and at the end u had to hand out your resume to the recruiters, u had like a minute with them... and trust me, u feel like u r being x-rayed, so they will be looking at ur nails! :ok: Maybe im too paranoid, but in that minute that's what they have to do! And from 250 people, only 50 made it to the next round and let me tell you, only the "well-groomed" passed the 1st screening.

They will show you a video of emirates and then u can ask questions, this would be nice to get yourself noticed. Try to ask sth smart though.
The rest is up to you and up to them!

Good luck!!

Dee

FAinbaires
8th Oct 2006, 20:00
Wilko,

about the driving license u should it check it calling the consulate or trying to do some research onthe internet.

I know for a fact that I should get the international driving license if i wanna drive abroad.

Gl!

Dee

FIEVAL
8th Oct 2006, 20:17
SANDRAMM - I there I have just completed all my medicals and submitted all completed documents for final approval, I am now awaiting their reply.
In regards to your question re:Teeth, as part of your final medicals a dental check is to be undertaken. Emirates will forward you a sheet which needs to be taken to your dentist and filled out, confirming weather you have fillings, crowns any dental work, its just standard procedure and it isnt going to make a difference weather you have a tooth or two missing in the back of your mouth....so I would worry about you will be fine:O

whitewaves
9th Oct 2006, 07:27
hello everyone.. i'am based here in the philippines and I'm scheduled for EK assesment this coming Oct 21. I received an e-mail from the agency who's handling the applicants for jobs abroad with Word Docoment attachment telling all the details such as the things I need to bring and what to expect in the coming assesment. It is said in the Word Doc that I could wear a skintone stocking or none. I just want to ask if I wear stockings do they check the legs during the screenings that they will still ask me to remove it? thanks a lot.. :)

ChocolatBabe
9th Oct 2006, 10:15
hey
i've important question:

i've a polish driving licence, but i don't know whethr i can drive with it in dubai...

I think you can check with the authorities in your country that handles the driving licence or about driving issues and such. call up any reputable driving schools there in poland and they should be able to answer your query. in singapore, we have an AA (Automobile Association) that does the international driving licence for us. Good Luck! :)

ChocolatBabe
9th Oct 2006, 10:21
Thanks! :)

I sure wouldnt want to take a chance on that day! := :p

Ex EK Trolley
9th Oct 2006, 13:36
hey
i've important question:

Just checked in the Dubai Zappy which is a useful book available in Dubai which tells you all about these sorts of things!
Yes Poland is one of those 'Exchangeable Foreign Driving Licences' so all you need to do when you arrive is take your orginal driving licence and the usual paperwork requirments to the Traffic Police Office and they will give you 10 yr drviing licence for a small fee. Recently I've heard that a new requirement is once again an eye test which you have done at any optician here in Dxb. Good Luck and dont worry.

helfsich
9th Oct 2006, 15:49
Thanks heaps for the information! Are you German btw?

No, no, very Aussie. I just have trouble coming up with new usernames all the time

Also on the JFK visa, my roomate holds a dual American/Australian citizenship and has both passports, but she registered her Australian one with EK, and EK won't let her use the American one for flights to JFK. As a result they made her go for the crew visa.

So yeah, very confusing

AnA_stw_SER
9th Oct 2006, 20:56
where did all Ek joiners disapeared?Are they allready in Dxb?Anuone leaving soon?

amowers
9th Oct 2006, 23:23
where did all Ek joiners disapeared?Are they allready in Dxb?Anuone leaving soon?

Leaving Brazil Oct 26 with a connection in Paris and getting to Dubai on Oct 27

OzyOS
10th Oct 2006, 03:55
EK are trying to get me over there on the 20th of this month (and only found out about it last Wednesday)...so Im trying to get things movin and shakin from my end!!

OzyOS
10th Oct 2006, 04:31
Also, I think the reason you havent heard from the other EK joiners is because I dont think internet access is as readily available as we would like it to be when you first begin...also not to forget the huge amount of work that you are fed in your 5 wks ground school :eek: any spare time they have is probably spent working out where the hell they are and sleep zzzzzz. There really is a massive amount to take in in the first initial weeks.

Nemo24
10th Oct 2006, 06:53
Attended the open day in Perth on the weekend. Surprising the number of people that turned up- couldnt have been more than 35! I was expecting at least 100....
It was great however, as you had more of a chance to make an impression on the interviewers (who were very nice and helpful)
As such, I made it through to the final interview! Now have to send some docs and pics up to Dubai and wait up to 3 weeks for a yay or nay. My impression is that they are very keen for new crew to start immediately and are speeding up the processes.

Wwilko
10th Oct 2006, 07:31
hey,
thx to all of you who responded to my post about driving licence...
helped a lot :)

regards,

wilko

katjuscha
10th Oct 2006, 07:32
hi people in dxb!!

all these talkings about trips to syd, mel, etc. makes me curious about your other flights... what mixture between long and short haul flights do you have with ek?? is it 50/50? what kinds of patterns do you have regular? around the world or mostly to your homecountry?? what about the short flights, do you have days with for legs a day?? what flight ours quota per month??

well, that are enough questions, arenīt they?? ;-)

thanks for replying!!!

katjuscha:)

ccdreamer
10th Oct 2006, 09:17
Hello everyone
i'm new here. but i as gone through the threads it realy useful and full of tips from the members thank you all. :)

Congratulation to all who mage to get their dreams job wit EK. and all the best who still trying. ;)

I attend EK interview last March here, but wasn't lucky enough.. they were not in a need of male crew that time or that what i have been told :D

no problem still other choices ..
just wanted to say good luck for everyone and all to those going 2 the open days in the upcoming days

fly.high
10th Oct 2006, 09:28
hello everyone:)

I have finally been invited to EK global assessment day (waited 2 months for this):D :D Now, I have a little concern .. I have a long hair and I'm wondering which is better - a bun or a ponytail? I hope somebody can help me decide .. What do you think the recruiters prefer?Thanks a lot .. :ok: Good luck to all :) :)

ChocolatBabe
10th Oct 2006, 10:05

I have finally been invited to EK global assessment day (waited 2 months for this):D :D Now, I have a little concern .. I have a long hair and I'm wondering which is better - a bun or a ponytail? I hope somebody can help me decide .. What do you think the recruiters prefer?Thanks a lot .. :ok: Good luck to all :) :)

You must be really excited then. :} I think a bun would be better, based on the feedback ive read here before.
was wondering, did u go for an open day before getting an invite to an assessment day? i dont know the difference betwn the 2. :O

Ex EK Trolley
10th Oct 2006, 10:13

EK have very strict grooming regulations and the ponytails must be worn at a very particular lenght, cant remember exactly but it is approx 6inch. If I was you as you have long hair I would wear it in a bun style, looks more professional that way too.

Jorga
10th Oct 2006, 10:27
I attended the Brisbane Open day last Saturday and was really disappointed with the process.

There was probably about 130 show up. We all went one by one up to the recruiter and handed over our CV's and received a number. The recruiter maybe spoke 10 words to me if that. She just said hello and asked how I was and flicked through my cv.

I was dressed professionally and have previously worked in Airlines. (just in case you may be wondering that I looked completely unemployable! ) :rolleyes:

Then one recruiter went away and looked through our CV's while the other showed the movies. Then the first recruiter came back in the room and they told us the people who were invited back tomorrow.

We didn't even get a chance to interact in a group environement for them to observe us!

I'm not sure how many went though and would be interested to know if anyone attended this open day. I only know of one girl who got through and she was young with no airlines experience at all but she was very attractive.

Would love to hear of anyone elses experience. :) :)

fly.high
10th Oct 2006, 10:29
thanks for the advice:) now, i have a week to practice my "bun making" skill:D :ok:

katjuscha
10th Oct 2006, 11:28
Fly.high, make sure you choose a style you feel comfortable with!!
For the open day my experience says your hair is not that important. I went to an open day twice and there where girls with open hair or pony tail invited to an interview!!
At my second open day I made it and I was wearing "only" a ponytail too!!
Choose a hairstyle you really feel professional and natural, that is the best way to show them your personality!!!!!!!

If you will be invited for an interview, of course THAT will be the time you need a strict business attire and you can show them your ability to do wonderful, tidy buns!!!! ;)

Good luck to you!!!!!!!!!

fly.high
10th Oct 2006, 12:21
katjuscha,

thanks for the info:) still need to practice that bun making skill cause i really don't know how to make the "b u n s" :( and as told by the recruitment agency, if you make it to the final interview it will be conducted the following day, so won't have enough time to practice that "perfect bun":ugh::} thanks thanks thanks :D:D:D

ChocolatBabe,

had an interview and screening with the recruitment agency in my country. the recruitment agency were the ones who scheduled us for the assessment day, where we meet the emirates recruitment team:D:D

good luck to all:)

helfsich
10th Oct 2006, 12:37
hi people in dxb!!

all these talkings about trips to syd, mel, etc. makes me curious about your other flights... what mixture between long and short haul flights do you have with ek?? is it 50/50? what kinds of patterns do you have regular? around the world or mostly to your homecountry?? what about the short flights, do you have days with for legs a day?? what flight ours quota per month??

well, that are enough questions, arenīt they?? ;-)

thanks for replying!!!

katjuscha:)

At EK there is a bidding system in place, where you list which flights you desire to work for that month and scheduling do their best to accomodate the requests. Of course, there are some flights more popular than others, and they need crew to do turnarounds, so you'll get a roster that will have a few good flights mixed in with a few turnarounds in the first few months. If you're good enough with you're bidding you can fill your roster with just long haul flights. Personally I've managed to avoid a turnaround for four months now, others haven't been so lucky.

If you are a language speaker though, or are trained on the Airbus A310-300, you won't have the same success as, say, a female English speaker. Any German speakers will have a roster packed with German flights, same goes for Greek, and Italian. Arabic, Hindu, French, Korean, and other speakers don't really have it as bad because there are so many of them working in the company and they only need one native speaker for each flight. The A310 only services Kuwait, Alexandria (maybe another destination), so you're roster is packed with Short Haul flights, plus 3 days of reserve every month as opposed to one full month of reserve every 7 months.

If you're just an English speaker, you will definately get to see the world. You can also swap flights quite easily, as there's always someone who wants to go home (if it's a longhaul) and there's always someone who has a boyfriend in Dubai they don't want to be away from (if it's a turnaround).

When you're in training, and it's a week before graduation, they'll send you to this IT course where you'll learn about the bidding system, swaps, leave bids etc. It's really important to pay attention here, not because you'll be assessed (although I think there was a quiz on sickness from memory) but because what you learn on the day can greatly influence you're happiness with the job. Most of my friends get crappy rosters, and wonder why, yet there are a select few who can get days off when they need, flights back home when they want, and score a Paris, Osaka, 2 day Seychelles, and a London after coming off reserve.

Yes, there are 4 leg journeys, but not too many which is good. There's a double Doha (DXB-DOH = 1hr), A Bahrain-Doha (DXB-BAH = 1.15 hr), A Doha-Karachi (DXB-KHI = 1.55 hr) A Bahrain Muscat (DXB-MCT 1 hr), and a Doha-Kuwait (DXB-KWI = 1.45 hr). The legs themselves are short, but you're completely fatigued afterward.

Flight hours... on average you have 80-90hrs a months. You can push that to 100 if you try. If you take you're annual leave though that month's pay will go down to around 50-60, depending on how much time you take off.

Hope that answers the questions :-)

OzyOS
10th Oct 2006, 13:58
Hey ccdreamer, I am truly sorry that things didn’t work out for you at the interviews you attended, but please don’t believe it was because of your gender that you were turned away, Cabin Crew are Cabin Crew no matter what race, colour, gender,age you are. Take the whole experience as a leaning curve and work on how you may have presented yourself instead, so next time, you can blow them away!

ChocolatBabe
10th Oct 2006, 14:05
Hello everyone
i'm new here. but i as gone through the threads it realy useful and full of tips from the members thank you all. :)

Congratulation to all who mage to get their dreams job wit EK. and all the best who still trying. ;)

I attend EK interview last March here, but wasn't lucky enough.. they were not in a need of male crew that time or that what i have been told :D

no problem still other choices ..
just wanted to say good luck for everyone and all to those going 2 the open days in the upcoming days

Hi ccdreamer!
There's going to be an open day on the 20th in Malacca and 21st in KL. Why dont you try again? There are some members here who've failed a couple of times and yet finally made it. You never know if this could be your chance. :) Im going to the KL one, wanna join me?

amowers
10th Oct 2006, 15:20
Alright guys, I read over and over and over again about the stress on appearance during the open day and although I know its important, in my situation it certainly wasnt want helped me make it to the Assessment day.

I heard about the Open Day in Rio de Janeiro one day before and I went just to basically see what it was about. I am getting married October 21st and thought there was no chance in hell my fiance would ever move to Dubai with me, so I didnt have my hopes really high, even though it was something I had always wanted to do. Either way, I talked him into coming along with me to check it out.

We got to the Open day and realized we looked completely out of place. I was wearing a decent skirt and a blouse, but I didnt look professional at all. I had just gotten my hair straightened (the kind that lasts for a few months..) two days before and since you cant wash your hair or put it up or anything else, I had my hair down and it was quite obviously dirty. My fiance showed up in a nice shirt and dark blue jeans. We walked in to a room full of previous flight attendants who had just lost their jobs with the airline Varig and they all looked impeccable. If you can imagine, we felt silly and extremely intimidated.

I dont know how we did it, but all I remember is my fiance asking a few good questions after the video and they were impressed by his english and asked him where he had learned it and then he started talking about Canada and having a Canadian fiance and everything else and he sort of pointed at me while he did that, even though we were on opposite sides of the room and then being the only foreigner in there, I got a bit of attention myself. I guess that is what made the recruiters notice us. After that, we waited in line to have our little one minute interview and the recruiter was great, she joked around with me, asked me about why I was in Brazil, how long I had been there...I even had the opportunity to explain my hair being dirty. lol. She also gave me a few tips for the assessment day, told me what to wear, to wear my hair up, to wear darker lipstick, etc etc. And then she told me after about a minute and a half that I was invited back to the Assessment day. After that, my fiance and I just ran out of there more excited than we had ever been and in a state of complete and utter disbelief.

Now, 3 months later, BOTH of our airplane tickets are on their way and we are leaving Brazil on October 26th. We still cant believe it, but we have never been happier. At least we get to spend our time before we leave for Dubai with our families at our wedding and have a few days alone before we leave and have to work our asses off in training. Hopefully we can squeeze in a real honeymoon as soon as we manage to get leave!

So, all I can say, is let yourself shine through. Look your best, look professional, have your hair up and everything else, but its NOT the most important thing. Let them see your personality, let them see your smile, dont be shy and really prove to them that you deserve the chance.

ChocolatBabe
10th Oct 2006, 15:39
This has got to be one of the most heartwarming post ive ever read! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, your soon-to-set-off career and your amazing luck to be able to be with your husband-to-be thru all that stands ahead. :ok: Im so happy for you! It makes me feel so motivated to really give my all and not think of negative things on the open day. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It means alot to ME.

Best of luck in your future endeavours.

OzyOS
10th Oct 2006, 15:41
What a great post amowers! Sounds like you were kissed by the angels that day! Its also great to hear both you and your Fiance made it through! All the best for your wedding...Im sure it will be amazing!

See you guys in Dubai!

Nemo24
11th Oct 2006, 00:25
I attended the Brisbane Open day last Saturday and was really disappointed with the process.

There was probably about 130 show up. We all went one by one up to the recruiter and handed over our CV's and received a number. The recruiter maybe spoke 10 words to me if that. She just said hello and asked how I was and flicked through my cv.

I was dressed professionally and have previously worked in Airlines. (just in case you may be wondering that I looked completely unemployable! ) :rolleyes:

Then one recruiter went away and looked through our CV's while the other showed the movies. Then the first recruiter came back in the room and they told us the people who were invited back tomorrow.

We didn't even get a chance to interact in a group environement for them to observe us!

I'm not sure how many went though and would be interested to know if anyone attended this open day. I only know of one girl who got through and she was young with no airlines experience at all but she was very attractive.

Would love to hear of anyone elses experience. :) :)

Hi Jorga,
Im really sorry to hear about your experience. As i mentioned previously, the open day in Perth was quite lucky- no more than 35people i would guess. I imagine my luck wouldnt have been so great if there was +100!
Were you able to ask questions about the video?
I dont think attractiveness really is an issue with Emirates- moreso i think they appreciate the effort you go to to look professional. Alot of us didnt have airline experience but we had a friendly, responsible manner and were able to articulate ourselves well. I think those are the important things.

amowers
11th Oct 2006, 00:41
Hey guys, thanks so much for what you said. I am glad you liked the post. I read over and over again what everyone was saying about the Open Days and just wanted to share my own experience because it was definitely a different one.

Good luck to all of you who are trying to get it...and for all of those who already did, see you soon!!!!!

amowers

FAinbaires
11th Oct 2006, 03:22
Amowers, what a lovely story! It really touched me!

I do believe that if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Like u and ur soon-to-be husband working together for EK!
All the best for the two of u!

Dee

tanny
11th Oct 2006, 03:48
HI all,

I am new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone know what is the max age for Emirates Cabin Crew?

I just turned 29 this year and Asian airlines tend to look for younger girls. Am I considered too old to apply for Emirates or Qatar Airlines?

flyoneday
11th Oct 2006, 05:37
By Amowers

So, all I can say, is let yourself shine through. Look your best, look professional, have your hair up and everything else, but its NOT the most important thing. Let them see your personality, let them see your smile, dont be shy and really prove to them that you deserve the chance.

I think what you have said on your last line grabbed me most.
I am praying to get an invitation soon.
I hope to be joining you guyz in Dubai soonest!
Thank you for sharing this experience with us........really gives us hope.

all the best n do kip us posted.

~

katjuscha
11th Oct 2006, 07:56
[quote=helfsich;2900189]At EK there is a bidding system in place, where you list which flights you desire to work for that month and scheduling do their best to accomodate the requests. Of course, there are some flights ...

Helfsich, thank you very much fot this detailed answer, it answers a lot of questions!!! I see, itīs everywhere the same, all about being clever with requests... ;-)
(Although in my previous company there wasnīt the chance to request that much...)
Thanx a lot!!!!!!:)

flyoneday
11th Oct 2006, 08:10
Tanny
I dont know wether EK has an age limit but i know someone who got the job with them this year and had turned 30.
Give it a go! what do you have to loose?

Helfsich
The information you provide is great.For someone like me (though i have a long way to go),i really appreciate all the info.Thank you so much. Just a question though,Would it be odd if they notice you mostly bid to go to your home country?Would they consider one too "home-sick"?

~

katjuscha
11th Oct 2006, 08:11
Hi Tanny,

Iīm 28 and Iīm just waiting for my ticket!! ;-)
At my open day there was a girl aged 32 invited to an interview... (but i donīt know if she made it...)
I think being "older" can be helpful though you have experience in life and you are aware of what you are doing!!! moving to dubai, leaving your homecountry, your family and friends means a big step for everyone.
Therefore being 29 is a plus!!!!

think positive and go for it!!! ;)

HI all,

I am new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone know what is the max age for Emirates Cabin Crew?

I just turned 29 this year and Asian airlines tend to look for younger girls. Am I considered too old to apply for Emirates or Qatar Airlines?

katjuscha
11th Oct 2006, 08:18
So, all I can say, is let yourself shine through. Look your best, look professional, have your hair up and everything else, but its NOT the most important thing. Let them see your personality, let them see your smile, dont be shy and really prove to them that you deserve the chance.[/quote]

Wow, Amowers, this is a very lovely story, it sounds like a fairy-tail!!!!!!
I wish you both all the best, have a wonderful romantic wedding, enjoy that special day and make it to the most wonderful day in your life!
Hope to see you in Dubai!!!:)

flyr
11th Oct 2006, 08:33
HI all,

Hi Tanny,
I think you will be more than ok! I know of a guy who is 34 and he made it through....
Good luck!!!

ChocolatBabe
11th Oct 2006, 10:45
Dont worry! Im 30 and I dont care. Its all about how you carry yourself, how you interact and your personality. Even if you are 23 and cant do the above, u are none the better. Its true what the others in this forum say. Think positive! Dont let anything worry you. Give your best shot!

By the way, are u going to the open day on the 4th? Im Singaporean too.. :E

amowers
11th Oct 2006, 13:08
Hey Everyone,

At the Open Day I went to, we were all told that the maximum age they would accept would be 35..so go for it!!!!! One of the guys who got through with me is 31 and hes leaving this Friday.

amowers :ok:

fly.high
11th Oct 2006, 15:59
hi tammy .. in my country, the advertisement says that age requirement is between 21 to 35 years old:)

amowers
11th Oct 2006, 18:46
A nice FedEx man came to by door today to deliver my ticket!!! Couldnt be happier!! Long lay-over in Paris though....like 7 hours...maybe I will try to sneak to the city to see what I can and waste some time since Ive never been there..haha

FIEVAL
11th Oct 2006, 19:55
AMOWNERS - That is so awesome, you got your ticket! Yay you are finally on your way, good for you! You can join all the other fellow ppruners that have gone before us.......

I am still awaiting clearance of my medicals, but at least for you the waiting is finally over.....how long do you think it would have taken you to get from the start - (open day) to now - (receiving your airline ticket)...a matter of months maybe?:D

And that question goes out to anyone else who is going through the process now and are in their last stages, what is the time frame in which it took you to get from start to finish....it would be really interesting to know, because it seems that Emirates loves to make you play the waiting game............which at times can get frustrating....however like the old saying goes "good things come to those who wait":rolleyes:

Is there anyone here flying on the 24th November?

amowers
11th Oct 2006, 21:39
Alright, lets see...My Open day was July 31st and I received my tickets today (october 11) so thats about 2 and a half months, a little less. A loooooooooooooooooooooooong two and a half months though, for Christs sake. lol. Seems a hell of a lot longer..but then again, only three months ago I wouldnt have known that only two weeks from now I will be leaving for Dubai! Craziness...

Open Day - July 31
Assessment Day - August 15
Final Interview - August 18
Received email stating I made it through - August 29
Received email stating medical reports were received - September 10
Received email stating medical reports were approved - October 2
Received email to fill out online joining form - October 6
Received email saying tickets were sent - October 8
Received tickets in the mail - October 11
Departure date!!! - October 26

Hope that helps :ok:

amowers

OzyOS
12th Oct 2006, 03:18
Wow amowers, Im really impressed with how you were able to recall your dates! :D I know how the waiting game is, my last airlines made me wait nearly 6 months from start to finish :eek: But for me EK have been super fast! Started interviews on the 16th of Sep and looking at departing on the 20th of this month! Makes my head spin a bit!! But very exciting :ok:

katjuscha
12th Oct 2006, 08:36
AMOWERS:

Congrats to you!!! Its good to see that theres a happy end if you stay patient...! ;-)

My open day was July 5th,
Interview July 6th.

They changed my date of trave three times, right now its November 3rd.

But by the way... I know a girl she left for Dubai last year. It took her exactly 5 weeks from the open day to her flight to DXB, only 4 weeks from her final interview!!!!

So I think EK can do faster if they want to!!!!! ;)

sandramm
12th Oct 2006, 12:03
Just being a bit curious... how much (average) does a CC take home working for EK ??

Thanks

Sandra

amowers
12th Oct 2006, 12:54
LOL. Well, I can tell you right now that I didnt just īrememberīall of the dates....I remembered the open day, assessment day and final interview...the rest of the dates i got from all the emails i have received from Emirates because I have received them.

OzyOS - Your process is flying!! Obviously they really need people, huh? Thats crazy. I would have loved to go sooner, but my wedding was already set for Oct 21st so obviously I had to delay it a bit. Most of the people I went to the Open day with are already gone, or leaving tomorrow. Good luck with everything! Hope to see you there!

Wow amowers, Im really impressed with how you were able to recall your dates! :D I know how the waiting game is, my last airlines made me wait nearly 6 months from start to finish :eek: But for me EK have been super fast! Started interviews on the 16th of Sep and looking at departing on the 20th of this month! Makes my head spin a bit!! But very exciting :ok:

flyoneday
12th Oct 2006, 13:24
amowers
u have really been a great encouragement to us all.
may God bless both of you n happiness and alot of love in your marriage!
maybe ppruners wen we get to Dubai, we will throw a bash for you two.....happi wedding present from pprune to us...................though some of us need to get through the interviews first!!!!:ugh:

~

amowers
12th Oct 2006, 19:40
amowers
u have really been a great encouragement to us all.
may God bless both of you n happiness and alot of love in your marriage!
maybe ppruners wen we get to Dubai, we will throw a bash for you two.....happi wedding present from pprune to us...................though some of us need to get through the interviews first!!!!:ugh:

~

Hey flyoneday...thank you very much for what you said, it was very nice! You made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. hehe. Anyways, I really do hope you get to Dubai. Keep us updated!! Seems like right now is the best opportunity too, they seem to be hiring like crazy. Make sure you get to an open day and make them notice you!

helfsich
13th Oct 2006, 01:58
Just a question though,Would it be odd if they notice you mostly bid to go to your home country?Would they consider one too "home-sick"?

~

Oh goodness no! They don't look at your bidding patterns and look at who's too homesick etc. Well I hope not anyway...

Right now, the system they have is that you bid for 5 requests, whether they be flights, days off, etc. So you can pick your home country, plus 4 other destinations if you really wanted to. Plus it's only natural for crew to want to go back home, esp to see family, friends and partners etc. It's also beneficial for the company if you're a native speaker of that country to request flights there.

And you never know, you might not bid for your home city, and end up getting a heap of flights there!

helfsich
13th Oct 2006, 02:25
Just being a bit curious... how much (average) does a CC take home working for EK ??

Thanks

Sandra

Average Pay...It's difficult to say, as it varies greatly month to month. I'd say it's around the 7000Dh/month mark, however, every single month's pay depends on the number of hours you fly. This means that the first two months will be around 2500-3000Dh/month as you won't be flying.
When you go on your annual leave it will average around 6000Dh/month, and as the number of days off in your roster grows (should you bid for it) and if you have sick/absent days then you won't be earning flying pay.
Also, intl. telephone calls from your landline are salary deducted... and the bills can be a shock in the first couple of months if you call home a lot.

Mind you, this doesn't include the Per Diems you get at outstations. And they provide meals on the job. Unless you eat lavishly every time you're out of Dubai, the meal money starts to add up. :-)

It took me about 4-5 months to get a good feel of things here, so when you arrive it's natural to freak out a bit, esp where money's concerned. The trainers at college are a goldmine of answers. You can ask them about anything - staff travel, bank accounts, bidding. - They're very approachable, they want you to pass and they want you to enjoy the job.

Hope that helps

flyoneday
13th Oct 2006, 10:23
helfsich
You are a goldmine yourself.thanx for all the valuable information you are providing.

Amowers
You are most welcome we ppruners wish u a lovely wedding n a heavenly marriage!
Hope to see u soon.
Thanx for ur encouragement.

~