View Full Version : Help with printer HP PSC 1410

MOSTAFA
30th Jul 2006, 05:14
Long story, but the Hardware is a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and the printer is a HP PSC 1410. The software (with it) is HP PSC 1400 Series CD Version 5.3.0b.

Both are only a week old and sadly not in a position to return to the shop (sandpit)

Prints test page everytime I switch it on but not any documents!!

Reloaded software several times and contacted HP for all the latest software/drivers etc.

In the Printers and Fax menu it shows a document pending which I cannot delete - it does say it is deleting but has not in a week. If I add print jobs to the list they appear and I can delete them - but sadly not the first line albeit, it does tell me that it is "deleting"

Last night computer (not related) tried to go into hibernation mode but could not - error code came up saying "unable to enter Hibernation due to spooler freeze" I am certain the 2 are linked in that the latter gives me an indication of why the printer won't print:mad:

Tried the help on spooler but othing tells me how to "unfreeze" the spooler, tried all the switching off and disconecting for 24hrs and just about all I can. I cannot find any reset type buttons on the printer:mad:

Any help at all would be most welcome before I set fire to it:ok:

145qrh
30th Jul 2006, 08:18
I had similar problem, occasionally still do with HP printer on my laptop, and desk top.

I un-installed printer then re-installed it. Print job that was deleting eventually printed out after pressing the On/Resume button on printer panel.

Still happens now and again, even with latest drivers from HP.

HP software is not great, and pretty unstable in my expereince.
I have 2435, 1315 and 835...dont ask.

Maybe it;s just Carrefour stock:)

MOSTAFA
30th Jul 2006, 09:03
Thanks very much, that cleared to pending box but I am still having a nightmare with the printer.

Helicopter doctor
9th Aug 2006, 07:05
Having similar problem with the same printer. Only can clear the queue by doing a system restore each time (Win XL). Same problem since new.

tired-flyboy
9th Aug 2006, 07:18
There is another way to clear the spooler.
If you go into the task manager > processes then you can END the spooler service.
you are looking for spoolsv.exe, highlight this and then click end process.
WARNING: - if you delete the incorrect thing your computer may experience adverse side effects. := :=
footnote: I have not done this in a while so please check the help files before trying this:: either that some other pruner may be able to agree or disagree with me!!