PDA

View Full Version : Passed PPL Skill Test!

trafficcontrol
17th Jul 2006, 21:08
Just a quick note, to say there is another Private Pilot in the skies! I am 17....just...and passed my JAR PPL on Saturday the 15th of July! aged 17 and a week with 45.1hrs. Dead Chuffed. Only just started driving! ;)
Any Advice, I'm keen to hear..I already realise that i have the licence, but i still feal there are many unanswered questions and an unlimited amount of experience yet to be gained!

Cheers guys...had to get it out!

Sam Kidd

FullyFlapped
17th Jul 2006, 21:26
Well done mate !

All the "grey beards" will tell you that you're just about to start learning, and I suppose they're right - that's why they've earned their beards, I guess !

My advice : enjoy it, be a little frightened of it, but not too frightened to try new things as you feel ready ... and don't forget to read the rather quaintly titled "GA Courting" thread - at 17 you've got to be in with a shout at that !

Good luck to you, I hope our paths cross (on the ground :eek: ) at some time !

Cheers,

FF :ok:

Fournicator
17th Jul 2006, 22:03
Chicks dig pilots. Fact.

Why then, do I always pretend to be a Penguin Psychologist or somesuch when out on the razzle?

TJF97
17th Jul 2006, 22:32
TrafficControl,
Well done matey, I passed my skills test on Friday at Bournemouth. Have to admit it was a bit of an anti climax after the terror of my cross country qualifier!!

I totally couldn't see Exeter, started to get a bit worried even more so after Radar asked me to report field in sight and I heard my little squeaky voice saying " oh yes I can see you" (lying b*****d) Pottered up to Exeter and finally saw the field as I got half way downwind!!

Good luck for the future

TJF97

acuba 290
17th Jul 2006, 22:43
congrats!;)

Kengineer-130
18th Jul 2006, 04:42
well done mate :ok: , huge achivement :D glad to see you are enjoying your flying as well. I would offer to buy you a beer, but unfortunatly I would be breaking the law :( Where do you fly out of? :ok:

trafficcontrol
18th Jul 2006, 12:16
Thank you all for your kind comments :)
I Fly out of Wycombe air Park, with Wycombe Air centre.
TJF97 congratulations to you too! :)

Many thanks again!

Sam

Paris Dakar
18th Jul 2006, 22:14
trafficcontrol,

Congratulations and well done.

My advice would be: enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself and errrr...enjoy yourself!

There is a huge big world out there that has just got a little tad smaller - go and explore :)

bmoorhouse
19th Jul 2006, 10:16
Only advice I would offer is to keep make sure you practice the things you do not like doing. e.g I used to have a worry about cross wind landings which I tried to avoid until I made myself do a bunch of circuits with a strong crosswind close to the published limit of my ageing PA28-140 (17 knots).

We only fear and avoid the unknown - so get to make the unknowns known (in the infamous words of Mr Rumsfeldt)

Congratulations and well done

MarcJF
19th Jul 2006, 20:29
Chicks dig pilots. Fact.
Why then, do I always pretend to be a Penguin Psychologist or somesuch when out on the razzle?

congratulations on passing, enjoy.

Fournicator - i find a dog warden works well too :ok: