PDA

View Full Version : Company Report Filed- less than 1000 Feet to go

heading 125
13th Jul 2006, 10:29
I was siting in Approach yesterday and my coleague said that he had to stop an Easy Jet off at FL140 when he was passing FL134 (already cleared to FL150) , due to late climb of the aircraft ahead by Swanick. The aircraft where well apart about 8nm so no safety implication just the controller operating safely in a busy traffic enviroment. However, the Easy Jet pilot said that it was now company policy to file a report if less than 1000 feet notice is given of a new cleared level. Is this an new initiative to stop level busts by Easy Jet?

outofsynch
13th Jul 2006, 11:00
I have never heard of it.... what have I missed? :cool:

lyo
13th Jul 2006, 11:05
Ahahahaha, another one too bored to live his/her life with a smile on his/her face.
As mentioned above, there is no such procedure in force with easy.

bracebrace!
13th Jul 2006, 11:30
Yep, just checked the 'Notices to Crew' on ej's e-Library and nothing there at all.

Avman
13th Jul 2006, 12:58
It was most probably said in fun. If not, then since the alleged remark by the pilot was false, if I was the ATCO I'd now turn the tables and file a report on him! Something like making an unwarranted and false statement of an intimidating nature on the r/t. :E

BEXIL160
13th Jul 2006, 15:27
said that he had to stop an Easy Jet off at FL140 when he was passing FL134 (already cleared to FL150) , due to late climb of the aircraft ahead by Swanick.

A couple of minor points.

Why was an a/c cleared to a level still occupied by another? In anticipation of the a/c ahead vacating the level perhaps? Ask yourself if this is a wise technique.

How do you know the previous a/c wasn't mainting FL150 for a reason?

How do you know that the previous a/c was actually in communication with the next unit? Perhaps the "late climb" was because there was a comms failure of sorts? Perhaps there were other reasons the a/c was not climbing? A technical problem for instance. There could be any number of reasons, couldn't there, beyond "late climb... by Swanick" (sic) who might have had very valid reasons for not climbing the a/c, reasons that you might not always be aware of.

What I'm getting at is, assumptions can be a bad thing... be careful.
Rgds BEX