PDA

View Full Version : CAP 694

Superpilot
7th Jul 2006, 14:17
Does this still exist? there's plenty of mention of it within the Safety Sense leaflets but I can't find it anywhere on the CAA site.

CAP 694 The UK Flight Plan Guide.

Thanks

High Wing Drifter
7th Jul 2006, 16:46
Does seem to have dissapeared. Maybe this will help:

http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/enr/20110.PDF

bookworm
30th Jul 2006, 09:47
It now seems to have reappeared!

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=33&pagetype=65&applicationid=11&mode=detail&id=2375

IO540
30th Jul 2006, 21:53
Fascinating to read but I wonder if there is another document which describes which bits of CAP694 are no longer reality.

S-Works
31st Jul 2006, 09:54
Reading did raise a question for me. When filling in the nav com section I usually put SG/S in.

I have on board:

GNS430 - With BRNAV/PRNAV
GTX - Mode S Transponder
DME/ADF/ILS/8.33khz

Am I using the correct entry?

rustle
31st Jul 2006, 10:47
Reading did raise a question for me. When filling in the nav com section I usually put SG/S in.

I have on board:

GNS430 - With BRNAV/PRNAV
GTX - Mode S Transponder
DME/ADF/ILS/8.33khz

Am I using the correct entry?

With that kit you could use SDGRY/S.

Preceding the oblique stroke insert one or more of the following letters as appropriate:
N if no COM/NAV/Approach aid equipment for the route to be flown is carried, or if the equipment is unserviceable;
OR
S if the prescribed COM/NAV/Approach aid equipment for the route to be flown is carried and is serviceable;
AND/OR
D DME;
F ADF;
G GNSS;
H HF RTF;
I Inertial Navigation;
J Data Link;
K MLS;
L ILS;
O VOR;
R RNP type certification;
T TACAN;
U UHF RTF;
V VHF RTF;
W RVSM certified;
X MNPS certified;
Y Radio with 8.33 kHz spacing;
Z Other equipment carried.
Notes:
The definition of “prescribed equipment” allowing the use of the letter “S” (“standard”) is the carriage of the equipment represented by the letters “V”, “F”, “O” and “L”.

SSR Equipment
Following the oblique stroke insert one of the following letters to describe the serviceable SSR equipment carried:
N Nil;
A Transponder – Mode A – 4096 Codes;
C Transponder – Mode A – 4096 Codes and Mode C;
I Transponder – Mode S with aircraft identification transmission but without pressure altitude transmission;
P Transponder – Mode S with pressure altitude transmission but without aircraft identification transmission;
S Transponder – Mode S with both aircraft identification and pressure altitude transmission;
X Transponder – Mode S without pressure altitude transmission and without aircraft identification transmission.

IO540
31st Jul 2006, 12:50
I don't think you have PRNAV, bose-x.

The relevant nav accuracy bits of PRNAV requirements do appear to be met by any common IFR GPS (well if they are not it's hard to see how else they could be met; there is no more accurate method in the universe) but there is some other stuff which has been variously interpreted in its relevance to GA, and one interpretation appears to be that an EHSI (a HSI with the course pointer automatically rotating to the next track, at each waypoint) is required.

Personally I don't know but if somebody does know I'd like to hear about it.

S-Works
31st Jul 2006, 16:47
My Sandel does that. Where are the PRNAV requirements?