PDA

View Full Version : How long from initial application to commencing training?

DerekTheElephant
23rd Jun 2006, 20:38
Hello all....

I've been doing some research since I'm going to apply to be an ATC and I happened upon this wonderful forum! After reading many posts, much of my questions have been answered but I can't find the answer to this one:

How long does it take from submitting the initial application to starting at the college?

Cheers.

soontobeATCO
23rd Jun 2006, 21:36
Hello all....

I've been doing some research since I'm going to apply to be an ATC and I happened upon this wonderful forum! After reading many posts, much of my questions have been answered but I can't find the answer to this one:

How long does it take from submitting the initial application to starting at the college?

Cheers.

I applied in Nov 05, and will start in v. soon. (The majority of the time was spent waiting for phase I, subsequent phases in the application all happened v. quickly).

This is Eurcontrol btw.

mattcarus
24th Jun 2006, 02:28
Hiya, I'm applying to NATS, submitted application mid-December '05 and I'm still waiting...

There is quite a long wait but from what I've heard (and seen on visits) it's worth it.

Good luck with your application!

Matt

DerekTheElephant
24th Jun 2006, 09:01
Thanks for the replies. It's NATS I'm applying for so I guess it's somewhere in the region of 6-12 months.

dbounford
24th Jun 2006, 09:13
I applied in February, and I start next week; you could add upto another 3 months onto that however, if the first available course happens to be full.

Gonzo
24th Jun 2006, 10:50
Varies enormously according to personal cricumstance.

I know people who started with NATS in March who applied in early January.

Number2
24th Jun 2006, 14:16
'I know people who started with NATS in March who applied in early January.'

Some of whom, presumably (and sadly), will be finished with NATS by June?

Gonzo
24th Jun 2006, 14:52
Some of whom, presumably (and sadly), will be finished with NATS by June?

Sorry? Don't see what relevance that has to this thread.... And I don't know, the course is still going on.

Number2
24th Jun 2006, 21:40
Merely expressing a (realistic) opinion - sorry isn't that allowed?!

mickrobbo
25th Jun 2006, 03:56
According to head of hurn, in a recent graduation speech, the aim is to get people in the door no more than 3mths after applying.

It took me 2 years, and I gather its still a similar story...my advice is to hassle HR until they give you a placement! Otherwise you will slip into obscurity until someone stumbles across your papers.