View Full Version : Mango - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

luther55
14th Jun 2007, 09:01
hey i dont no if this is a rumour but herd from my budy at JE that they recruiting again.any1 else know of this?well to me JE doing super :D

George Tower
14th Jun 2007, 11:05
luther55

Could you perhaps translate your last post to English then people might be able to help you.

Deskjocky
14th Jun 2007, 11:18
I think what he is trying to ask is are Mango recruiting right now because he really thinks they are doing well.

The short answer is yes they are looking for some staff- stuff like call centres and the like. Pilots depend on aircraft which in turn depends on SAA to make its mind up.

The 1
19th Aug 2007, 16:09
I've seen on several occasions Mango flights on CPT-BFN leg saying that they are too heavy for landing, and they request lower levels and streched routing to burn off fuel.
I fail too understand why/how do they get too much fuel and then go and burn on their flights?

reptile
19th Aug 2007, 19:04
tailwind stronger than forecast + fuel tankering = over MLW

line-driver
19th Aug 2007, 19:52
Sector fuel burn + payload = landing weight

Now if sector fuel is less, ie more fuel efficient due to better ATC routing, better winds and more economical fuel burn figures than predicted by Avnet, then there will be surplus fuel still in the tanks over and above that planned for, thats a good thing, but id your payload is at max..(ie v/good payload figures thus), then the aircraft will be overweight for landing, hence the wider routing required, or the lower less fuel efficient altitude required to get the actual fuel burn to match the planned fuel burn.

JetNut
19th Aug 2007, 19:55
So much for "low cost" !

Dr Know
20th Aug 2007, 04:23
How much fuel can you save on a two hour sector? :confused:

Solid Rust Twotter
20th Aug 2007, 05:58
Well, if you get priority due to other traffic being held above your level...:E

fly nice
20th Aug 2007, 07:56
How much fuel can you save on a two hour sector? :confused:

Most short range fuel savings are derived from not doing full SID /STARS and from incorrectly forecast winds. The flight planning assumes the full routing is used. Contingency fuel may also not be used(200kg min for B738) Also consider if the runway was changed since flight planning was done (even shorter routing possible)

Romeo E.T.
20th Aug 2007, 10:18
200 kg's over landing weight are 200 kg's, and will be picked up as an exceedance.

BeechGecko
20th Aug 2007, 10:18
But surely they would not need that much fuel in the tanks just to go from CT to JNB. It's just a 2 hour flight. So either they are putting in much more fuel than required, or they are loading those planes to max... ?

REAL ORCA
21st Aug 2007, 11:23
So either they are putting in much more fuel than required, or they are loading those planes to max... ?

Low cost=loading planes to max, otherwiseyou don't make money or even brake even!

Romeo E.T.
21st Aug 2007, 14:35
Low cost=loading planes to max, otherwiseyou don't make money or even brake even!

Thats the way ORCA

Snoopdog100
21st Aug 2007, 14:53
:cool: BG if u compare the fuel prices in CPT and BFN, I think the reason for tankering is obviuos, the reason for overweight can be any of those mentioned in the thread. SA wx not always the most accurate:ouch:

Dr Know
22nd Aug 2007, 04:19
:confused::confused::confused:

Dr Know
22nd Aug 2007, 04:23
Romeo
Now the question, how much bucks do you save by caring 200 kg extra or having to burn it off along the way?
It's the skippers responsibility to depart with enough fuel to fulfill the CFP (Company flight plan) requirements. It is also his responsibility not to land overweight, therefore it would be wise to consider the possibility my exist that you might get a shortcut or even a straight in approach.
Most airlines, when it comes to tankering, plan to land at MLW minus X percent to prevent you from having to burn it off along the way.
:confused:

B Sousa
25th Aug 2007, 08:57
they are loading those planes to max... ?
Flew to CPT the other day and I think there was at least 5cm between me and the next seat. Muliply that by how many rows?? and if they work real hard they can get another row there.
Seriously, the flight was OK in all other aspects, but those seats are horrible.

Fluffy flyer
26th Aug 2007, 09:52
Based on a Ryanair 737-800 not sure how the Mango aircraft are configured all economy or some business also.

Basic empty wt = 42500 Kg

189 Pax @ 93 Kg = 17577 Kg

ZFW = 60077 Kg

737 800 MLW = 65300 Kg

Trip to BFN = 2500 Kg one hour flight +/-

Take off max = 67800 Kg

Max fuel = 7733 Kg

Fuel for Cpt to Bfn back to Cpt then George as alternate would require about 8800 Kgs

I am guessing the crew took as much as they could but for all the reasons already mentioned in this thread, they found themselves with a bit too much.

Short sector flying is always prone to catching you out on the landing weight limitation.

Happy flying.

Arq
13th Sep 2007, 10:25
In The Star newspaper today there is a report about Comair and in this report they mention that Mango is going to start a Full Service soon! Does this mean that Mango is going to compete with SAA directly? Or does it mean that SAA will be handing over all it's Domesic/Regional flying to Mango?

Maybe this why there is such a rumpus at SAA at the moment? How to convince the SAA pilots to go and work for Mango at half pay?!

grgplanes
13th Sep 2007, 14:44
In "Sake 24" today Mango has an advertisement where they introduce "Top Class", which is apparently focussed on business travellers which provides flexibility to make changes on tickets without paying extra, 30kg luggage, access to Prima lounges and free food and drinks.

Interestingly there was a small article yesterday claiming that Mango and 1Time is the only airlines that gained market share in the last few months...very good on 1Time!!!

Jamex
13th Sep 2007, 17:22
Not surprised at all by this development. As I said in my previous posts(see SAA explaining to parliament) Mango was created to bust the unions at SAA. Nice clean start without all those pesky unions making demands. It goes further too. Mango continues to make a profit while being run like SAA should be run while SAA continues to wave the flag and pioneer new routes whereever Thabo happens to sign bi-laterals. The plan is obviously to scale SAA down and Mango up. Next move, Mango applies for long-haul routes and gets them along with some nice cosy slots at LHR "given" to them by SAA of course in the interests of "fair play". Lets face it, p:mad:sspoor management at SAA have, in their twisted minds, formed the impression that the guys working their butts off (the pilots) are the enemy. They must be knocked back into their holes at all costs! Unfortunately, a once proud airline is reduced to nothing and "they"(management) will be the heroes and , yet again, the pilots are the villain in the piece. The New, Improved, South African way!:ugh:

taperlok
13th Sep 2007, 17:48
heard this week Mango are loosing money, because their midday flights are not full. They have signed a contract with SAA to fly SAA freight to make up their shortfall. Then everyone is surprised when SAA is running at a loss

777Contrail
14th Sep 2007, 07:33
The only reason Mango will be able to show ANY profit, will be because of SAA (and the Taxpayer) standing behind it.

NOT BECAUSE IT IS IN ANY WAY BETTER MANAGED.

The B737-800's are leased from SAA at HALF the Rand/US$ exchange rate that SAA are leasing them! The difference is simply a loss to SAA and will be covered by the taxpayer.

If Mango needs cash they "borrow'' from SAA and pay back when they can - if they can. Shortfalls or interest loss will be for the SAA books.

As a bussiness, SAA simply does not have the right to exist.

They have been bankrupt over and over, for years and years.

And Mango will just end up being a ''mini-me'' of SAA.

CLOSE DOWN ALL STATE COMPETITION WITH THE PRIVATE SECTOR, SO THAT NORMAL BUSSINESS CAN BE DONE.

Just imagine the state opening its own shopping malls to compete with the private sector, and subsidising the goods on sale with taxpayers money.
Then they lose even more money because they don't know how to run a chain of malls and the taxpayer must bail them out.
Even worse! The privately owned malls, that HAVE to make money or close down, must pay taxes on their profit and will therefore be subsidising the staterun competition!

That's no different than what's going on in the SA airline industry..........

Avi8tor
14th Sep 2007, 07:53
Amen Brother.... couldn't agree more.

I disagree with you on the closing down part. Keep the SAA/Mango brands. Sell Mango as is. Merge SAX/Link into one regional/domestic feeder in private hands, with SAA code share. Dump/reduce SAA domestic service. Allow SAA to concentrate on Africa/international routes.

Not sure if you would sell of techical/ground handling seperatly or not. But once SAA was back on its feet, list it.

Avi8tor
14th Sep 2007, 12:37
Don't believe all those stories you hear in bar while you are getting vrot
Let it be said that I am the last 1 to let the truth get in the way of a good story. So tell us your version of events?

Arq
14th Sep 2007, 13:08
The Star today:

Is Mango planting seed for local takeover or Swiss rescue?
September 14, 2007

Is Mango's new Top Blass service, which is apparently aimed at the small and medium business market, merely the first step in a strategy aimed at letting SAA's low-cost airline take over its parent's entire share of the domestic market - thus leaving the full-service airline free to fly the international market?

Or is it the start of Plan B - leading to a leaner, more cost-effective national carrier based on Mango if the business plan to turn SAA around does not succeed?

According to Mango's website, Top Class fares are well below the minimum economy fare charged by any of the full-service airlines. They include use of a lounge, meals, a bigger baggage allowance and - the main advantage for business travellers - flexibility to change flight times without penalty.

Mango's decision to compete directly with SAA in the domestic market has puzzled many people - but allowing it to take over the domestic business would make sense.

Mango's management includes executives who were with SAA before its current difficulties. They have experience in running a full service international operation.

There is a similarity between this situation and the bankruptcy of SAA's former strategic equity partner, Swissair. Swissair's domestic operation and its most profitable international routes, including that between Zurich and Johannesburg, formed the business basis of the successful new national carrier, Swiss International Airlines.

Shall we see the same situation here? Or is the launch of Mango's Top Class merely a warning to the unions with which SAA is negotiating to cut down its workforce, and reduce the cost of working conditions and perks?

boypilot
14th Sep 2007, 15:13
I heard Mango HAD to take the 737s from SAA and that initial loan. They were offered cheaper loans.

There was also a deal where Mango were using SAA dispatch and ramp agents, but being charged. They now have their own agents and are using a centralised dispatch in Joburg.

I also heard Mango are looking for other 737's because the lease costs are so high.

I really don't think it's a case of Mango attempting to take away SAA business with this Top Class deal. They are mearly offering a more convient service to their passengers.... in my opinion improving their service.

On the other hand, SAA's service is just deteriorating. You are still paying the same amount of money for your ticket, but now getting less. The food is shocking and with a limited bar service, you are actually better of buying something in the terminal building. SAA are also operating with 1 crew member less on domestic and a few more less on international flights. Less crew means less time they have to attend to passengers.

Best of all, I notice the guys that complain the most about SAA and Mango using taxpayers money ,are the ones siting overseas. The tax I pay (and those other law abiding South African residents) does not go directly into SAAs pockets. It goes to our governent!

SAA has been around for 70 odd years and I dont think it has ever made a profit. Under the old goverment, SAA used to fly around the bulge and would carry 30 odd passengers in a 747 between European destinations. How could that have been profitable? Same thing happens now, just carrying 30 odd passengers between Abidjan and Accra!!

Mango employ about 50 pilots and SAA around 800. That's 850 South African families that depend on these airlines to succeed.

There is more to life than sitting in the desert worrying about how much of the tax money (which you aren't paying) is keeping these companies afloat. Go kiss a camel !! :ok:

imustbemad
14th Sep 2007, 15:56
Boypilot you are a twit
50 families depend on the income of Mango pilots.... fair enough. What about the 50+ families that depend on 1time pilots. The 50+ families that depend on the Nationwide pilots. The 50+ families that depend on the Comair pilots. The pilots that are flying for companies that have to compete in a market against each other without Big brother throwing bucketloads of cash at them to survive.
Wether the previous poster is sitting in the desert in the Middle East, A high rise apartment in Hong Kong, a tiny flat in London or on the beach in Cape Town is irrelevant. wether he is paying taxes or not is also of no importance. People say it as they see it and most posts on here are relatively educated.
What happens to our tax Rands here in South Africa is of HUGE importance. The money that the government squanders on supporting institutions that it shouldn't be can be of far better use ie security of your family while you are away on a nightstop somewhere!
Go kiss a springbok

Avi8tor
14th Sep 2007, 16:24
Just becuase I am sunning myself in my Jumeira villa doesn't mean i have NO financial interests in SA. All my SA dealings are taxed at source, so that means I still pay a fair amout of SA tax. I have every right to have an opinion on how its spent.

And wasting it on airlines is NOT how I would like it to be spent, thank you very much.

Unless SAA has a crafty plan to ditch SAA domestic all together, its brain dead.

boypilot
14th Sep 2007, 22:50
To the mad and bad one out there

Granted , each airline comes with its own pros,cons and risks whether that be 1Time,NTW,SAA,Mango,Comair etc- we all have our own choices to make in that regard.

1. Spare a thought for those SAA pilots and their families whose jobs are under threat during these trying times - or do you subscribe to the belief that they are merely getting what they deserve? What about the other 2500 odd other staff members and their families ?- or are they also getting what they deserve ?? :=

2. The fight on crime ,or lack thereof, has nothing to do with a shortfall in the fiscal budget caused by SAA

3. Were you really so concerned about your tax rand when the aircraft still had bright orange tails -or were you to young to earn an income then but still young enough to dream of flying one.

4. I am reasonably certain that the said 2500 odd SAA employees contribute more to RSA state coffers in income tax than most of you earning a living in a tax free haven.

I am afraid that only those that pay are entitled to an educated ,subjective opinion.

Enjoy life at FL350 - thats an awful long way to fall ....but I hope you never do.

Suitcaseman - I agree 100%:ok:-
probably by EK with all those additional sectors -

So as for all the SAA staff still being employed but not on taxpayers money - I'm not so sure!

About Mango- I refer you to Qantas after the arrival of Vigin Blue .It's time for some objective perspective here.

so much for educated posts :ugh:

Springboks 36 - England 0

JetNut
15th Sep 2007, 06:37
Its an exercise in futility trying to rationalise with these morons.:ugh:

JetNut
15th Sep 2007, 06:42
I guess if I was 43 years old flying a glorified taxi for a couple of self-appointed sand royals who don't have a consistent schedule, and who expect the loyalty of a well-trained Alsation, I'd also have a couple of chips on my shoulders...

Avi8tor
15th Sep 2007, 08:58
Spare a thought for those SAA pilots and their families whose jobs are under threat during these trying times - or do you subscribe to the belief that they are merely getting what they deserve
Lets just get its straight here, SAA pilots are the best paid, least productive pilots in SA. SAAPA bangs on the table for a 21% increase, and gets it, from an airline that it knows is bankrupt. Then there is nashing of teeth and tearing of clothes when the poopoo hits the fan.

Sorry guys, not alot of sympathy here. If you poke the pooch to death,thats what happens.

777Contrail
15th Sep 2007, 09:25
There are times in life that you'll get punnished for being stupid.

For 10 years I've been telling all my mates at SAA that the airline is doomed on the path it's on.

Their answer? "We fly the flag! SAA will NEVER close down! None of the other airlines will be able to do the job!'':ugh:

Remember PanAm? They closed down.
They were also one of the oldest airlines in the world.

Carry on guys!

After speaking with a pilot from Delta now with EK in DBX. Here's my advice.

If they offer you a lump sum - take it and move on.

Delta did the same, some pilots walked off with up to 1,5mil US$!

Then later came the lay-off's........those guys got squat! Put on early retirement. Some lost part of their company pension.

The guy I spoke with was one of the latter. He's now doing a retirement stint to get some $$$ for later years.

Wake up!

imustbemad
15th Sep 2007, 11:48
Boypilot
Just to correct one or two of your misconceptions...
FirstlyI am not sunning myself in a tax free haven somewhere but have my feet firmly on the ground here in SA paying my taxes.
Secondly my post in no way was directed at the pilots of SAA or Mango.
There are many fine gentlemen flying for both aforementioned airlines and good luck to them for having managed to negotiate the packages that they have.
It was merely to remind you that your argument seemed to forget that there are other pilots out there who provide for families (without taxpayer assistance).
Lastly, in your first post you mentioned that our tax Rands are NOT going to SAA but the government. Is it then safe to assume that none of it is being used to prop up our state carrier?

left10degrees
14th Jan 2008, 15:16
I am a non-regular reader (I have better things to do with my off time). Comments I heard on FACT APP freq 119.7 last night though merit registration and mention on Pprune.

Briefly – the crew of Mango 169 commented that the controller “must be under training” followed by something about “lack of capability”. The crew went on the say that the “previous controller had it all worked out”, followed by (after the ATC said that the extra track miles were for spacing on final) – “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL US – WE WOULD HAVE DONE IT OURSELVES”.

A fellow aviator telling a controller that “they could have done it themselves”!!!!!! ?????

I have never in my all my years been embarrassed of one of our own - last night was a 1st!! The last comment I think shows a certain mentality – something I thought was done away with after the KLM tenerife accident!!

I have a good mind to write to Mango ops also – the PIC’s name wasn’t hard to find…

Bickering and name calling should be reserved for the play pen – NOT the frequency!! Never will a situation warrant the poor display of airmanship I heard last night!

L.T.D.

beckers
14th Jan 2008, 16:56
While I agree that it is unproffesional to chirp ATC, sometimes you must also understand their possible frustration.

Often what happens - atc tell you high speed number one, for which you plan your descent. At the last minute they change their mind (for whatever reason) and you end up low level burning unnecessary fuel and track miles. Had they been notified timeously they could have slowed down long before thus shortening the track miles for spacing.

Romeo E.T.
14th Jan 2008, 17:09
1st posting.....hmmm...

but agree, keep the bickering of how ATC stuffed up a good plan inside the cockpit, and if it warrants it, file a report afterwards once all is calm and in perspective, but doing the childish thing and broadcasting it openly over the frequency is a bit low class.

i-Robot
14th Jan 2008, 17:10
To be fair to our ATC's, things have definitely changed over the past three years or so. Especially within the last two months . Lots of direct to the CI routings with no speeds, as well as 03L :D

Although, having just come from Hong Kong recently I was highly impressed. It works like a well-oiled machine...with no hitch, minimum track miles and a constant descent. Looking at the traffic on the ND one sees at least 10 times the number of aircraft as would be seen in Joburg.

But, I do however agree with the original post. Very unprofessional of the Mango crew to behave in that way. If you are having a bad day with the wife, or peed of with Eskom's load shedding, at least maintain dignity, and leave our ATC's out of it!

JetNut
14th Jan 2008, 17:16
Lots of frustrated ex-SAA over 60's flying for mango. So no surprises there.

fluffyfan
14th Jan 2008, 19:32
Ahhhhh Jetnut....whilst I agree Lots of frustrated ex-SAA over 60's flying for mango

There are, but the average ex-SAA guy has seen it all before and it not inclined to say such a thing to ATC, there are a whole lot of low hours ex Safair/and other pilots working for Mango who have not worked it out yet and believe they are Gods gift to aviation.....my thought is they are more likley the culprits of beforementioned low class behaviour

Shrike200
14th Jan 2008, 20:18
If memory serves me correctly, there were several posts commenting on questionable R/T from their drivers when Mango started, funnily enough.

left10degrees
14th Jan 2008, 20:22
I could pm u both the PIC’s name – you could then agree of what he is – “frustrated ex-SAA over 60” or
“Gods gift to aviation”.

Either way he’s an idiot!

L.T.D.

Romeo E.T.
14th Jan 2008, 22:36
ATC in SA is a pleasure to operate with, just go north of the Limpopo and decide for yourselves.

Even the Transavia crew from Holland currently flying the B737-800 for Kulula will fully agree that its a pleasure dealing with SA ATC compared to European traffic flows and volumes....they just don't like our summer CB's.

Oom Kaspaas
15th Jan 2008, 05:54
Left10degrees

If you have better things to do with your time. F:mad: off and go do it then, you tit.

Jangys
15th Jan 2008, 06:26
I agree with Oom Kaspaas...

Go do with your time whatever you want, speak to the Chief Pilot at Mango, dont come and wash your dirty laundry here.

You obvisouly did not hear the whole ATC / Mango conversation. Sometimes the area and approach controller dont seem to share the same planning.

:=

121,9_za
15th Jan 2008, 06:35
hehe - ja RET, they are not liking it much!!:) doesn't seem to think it's too much fun at all:}

Jamex
15th Jan 2008, 15:19
Fluffyfan wrote: "There are, but the average ex-SAA guy has seen it all before and it not inclined to say such a thing to ATC, there are a whole lot of low hours ex Safair/and other pilots working for Mango"

And now the mud-slinging must go against the former Safair guys? Maybe all us former Safair guys around the world should start responding in typical SAA fashion.:*

Juliet Sierra Papa
15th Jan 2008, 18:41
Oom Kaspaas and Jangys,

Personally I think your joint replies to this thread stink.

Left10Degrees posted what I see as a very valid point and judging by other responses I am not alone.
Your kind of attitudes is not what this Industry needs, wise up guys and relax.

left10degrees
15th Jan 2008, 20:39
I see how my comment on having better things to do with my off time struck a nerve with posters 10 and 11. It wasn't meant to insult or degrade the regulars on here - to clarify - I was merely stating that my daughters swimming lessons and my sons kite surfing school for eg. take priority - and to ME - those are "better things".

I would like to reiterate though that that whole "I'm the Captain and do as I command" attitude in the cockpit is dangerous and has no place in modern aviation.

Too many accident have been the result of the "I can do it on my own" mentality!

L.T.D.

E-tjops
16th Jan 2008, 05:07
[QUOTE]
"I'm the Captain and do as I command"
[QUOTE]
"I can do it on my own"

In your original post you remark on the inappropriate comms by the Mango crew. Now you accuse them of an unsafe operation and make your own assumptions in there attitudes. I think you just want to stir.
Threatening that you are going to report it to the Mango ops and release the PIC's name is all blah-blah-blah. Do what you feel is right but PLEASEEEE go on with your life.
I fully agree there is no space for arrogance in the cockpit but make sure you have all the facts!!! ( Sorry, I forgot this is a rumour network....as you were)

Shrike200
16th Jan 2008, 06:40
LTD had a perfectly valid point - regardless of the facts, there's no need to backchat over the frequency unless there is a valid safety concern. I know the temptation to fire off an incisive reply over the RT is there, but just bite your tongue. Ask for a telephone number and discuss it after the fact like mature adults. I've done that before, and the controllers are more than willing to admit fault, or explain the situation as they saw it. There's no need to get all excited by this form of 'peer review' on the forum, comments like 'Eff off tit' are just ridiculous.

SoWhereToNow
21st Feb 2008, 07:38
Mango is having interviews on 22 and 25 Feb! good luck to all who got called!:ok:

Romeo E.T.
21st Feb 2008, 12:10
whats the address to apply, never even saw an add, how could I have missed this one, ears not close enough to the ground I suppose, anybody with info..??

Shrike200
21st Feb 2008, 12:23
They call you.

More specifically, the guy who runs the 'pay me for turbine flight hours' business calls you, or so I'm told.

bad
21st Feb 2008, 18:42
How can they just call you. I guess one would have submitted a cv at some stage? Should I just hand deliver it to their ofices?:confused:

Flyer14
21st Feb 2008, 22:10
Good question, where do you send a C.V. for Mango. I've heard Nationwide are having interviews soon as well.

Avi8tor
22nd Feb 2008, 05:10
the guy who runs the 'pay me for turbine flight hours' business calls you, or so I'm told.Oh No..has he surfaced again???

Bozo Nightmare
22nd Feb 2008, 06:12
I got the call yesterday out of the blue. Have never sent a CV to them so not sure how they got my info.

bn:eek:

Shrike200
22nd Feb 2008, 06:44
Oh No..has he surfaced again???

Yup, good 'ol JO. Don't know how they let that one slip by, but he's wiggled his way in there. Pity, really, 'cause it just drags their whole image down in my opinion.

In any case, don't expect command anytime soon (quite frankly the whole 'career plan' there sounds a bit weak), and things seems a tad chaotic. They also seem to be using some utterly crazy system for working out seniority amongst the F/O's at the moment, so don't expect your hours to count for as much as you may think once you are in their system. Expected pay increases haven't materialised (despite crew actually being told that they would be getting an increase), and management seems fairly 'random' on the whole. (I'm being polite.)

On the plus side, it is a nice rating to have if you plan on leaving SA sometime soonish, and the -800 is fun to operate, so they say. Salary is ok-ish I suppose if you can live on it (clearing about 21-22K for an F/O after tax?). No pension/medical etc provided.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be negative, merely objective. I am however concerned with the standard of aviation managers/management in general in SA at the moment, and Mango (IMHO) is no exception.

Avi8tor
22nd Feb 2008, 07:30
Have never sent a CV to them so not sure how they got my infoLast time I looked state owned companies had to follow laid down recruitment procedure. This looks like a 'hiring mates' job to me, with my taxes!! I am surprised JO is not taking a fee from the applicants.

Sorry guys, I won't support the 'newly advantaged' doing it for blacks and definitely not the 'good ol' boys' doing it for whites either. This is state money, I want it spent wisely.

I smell the fu:mad:k up fairy coming, with a good lawyer in tow.

P.S.(clearing about 21-22K for an F/O after tax?)heard you were sorting your own tax out on that!!!

Q4NVS
23rd Feb 2008, 07:00
More specifically, the guy who runs the 'pay me for turbine flight hours' business calls you, or so I'm told.

As many, we all wonder how many CV's are floating from the dustbin back onto the Top-of-the-Pile after some "Fidelity Guard" Cash deliveries in Faerie Glen..?

Guess it won't be long. Maybe this is his Life-Line on how to repay the 100's that had been :mad: screwed over the last 15 odd years.
(Skyhaul Reunion @ Mango - I hope not)

I still respect everyone at Mango, except ONE!!

If you can get the job and it fits with your Career Plan, TAKE IT!!

:zzz:

Avi8tor
23rd Feb 2008, 07:38
Maybe this is his Life-Line on how to repay the 100's that had been screwed over the last 15 odd years.
Just be careful of the 'smiling crocodile', I am sure the man is up to no good.

Also the man has the 'mugabe touch', everything he has been involved with turns to sh:mad:t. This does not bode will for Mango.

JetNut
23rd Feb 2008, 14:44
This looks like a 'hiring mates' job to me, with my taxes!!

Bit confused by this statement. Why would you be paying taxes in SA if your primary residence is located in the UAE? :confused:

Avi8tor
23rd Feb 2008, 18:34
Why would you be paying taxes in SA if your primary residence is located in the UAECause ONLY income from OUTSIDE the RSA is tax exempt.

Oh wait, maybe you are like one of the okes that can only like to drive the plain?

I understand the confusion, you only have one source of income.

JetNut
25th Feb 2008, 13:18
Avi8tor,

Oh, my apologies. Never expected someone of your mentality/superior know-how to be investing his hard earned Dhirams in a corrupt African ****-hole we call home....

Shrike200
25th Feb 2008, 19:06
Sigh.....

Arguing on a forum is like winning the special.....oh never mind. :ugh:

Bartholomew
25th Feb 2008, 19:42
Question...

Should someone be interested in Mango, but not be from the local SA market... do they have even a fighting chance... or is it a bit like MDC vs Mugabe (over before the vote has begun)?

If the fighting chance is still a possibility.. who (or where) is the place to send the CV to?

Many thanks

afreekanhoar
26th Feb 2008, 06:25
Mango requirements are a little hazy at the moment; to be honest I don’t think there are any?

To answer your question, unfortunately you do need to be a safa or rather have the right to live and work in SA.

But NOT necessarily be involved in the SA aviation scene. Mango has had pilots join from Ryanair and EK. And there are a lot more where they came from. It’s a good job to have once you’ve made your $’s and you just enjoy flying an 800 around SA.

Good luck mate :ok:

f18
26th Feb 2008, 10:00
Has anybody been phoned buy mango for sim ride yet

Jangys
28th Feb 2008, 11:28
Me, me ,me.............got the job as well.......

ha, ha, ha, ha....

:O:O:ok::ok::O:O:}:}

Jangys
28th Feb 2008, 13:00
Tel me more about JO.

I have some dealings with him, to me he is really a nice guy. I know that some of the Mango Crew fly for him occasionally on the Zambian B732.

If they get paid is another story..

Is it just another case of...:ugh:

Juliet Sierra Papa
28th Feb 2008, 17:46
Unfortunately not, now that would be something. Is the SIM a 738 ?

MidmarMile
28th Feb 2008, 18:40
Just to add to any rumours.....

I notice that the 738 seating plan is no longer on the SAA website...

vagabond 47
29th Feb 2008, 06:08
Do you have a English edited version.

Bartholomew
29th Feb 2008, 11:14
afreekanhoar - Mango requirements are a little hazy at the moment; to be honest I don’t think there are any?

To answer your question, unfortunately you do need to be a safa or rather have the right to live and work in SA.

So assuming I live in SA at the moment, I guess I can apply? Where to apply though... what is the easiest route?

Thanks for the input so far :ok:

Bartholomew
2nd Mar 2008, 22:50
Okay... it appears this is a VERY closed circle. Gee thanks guys. Ciao :ugh:

Solid Rust Twotter
3rd Mar 2008, 04:29
So your question isn't immediately answered because it's possible folks are taking a weekend off or just don't have the info to hand. You take offence at this and read something into it which very likely doesn't exist, ie, they're deliberately excluding you and have an agenda to keep the jobs within a "closed circle". That kind of paranoia and immaturity won't go down too well during the psychometric testing phase should you get that far...:hmm:

Have you tried calling their offices and getting a number for the Chief Pilot or HR person?

Shrike200
3rd Mar 2008, 04:49
SRT is correct, there's no 'special process' or 'easy' route to follow - just some basic number/email finding (I can recommend a 'phone book', it lists lots of telephone numbers in it - or use the 1023 directory service ;) ), send your CV, and there you are. About 10 minutes of work maybe. If they want to call you, then they call you. Nobody will give their numbers/email addresses to you on an open, public forum, for obvious reasons.

Bartholomew
5th Mar 2008, 20:29
Sorry - was supposed to be tongue in cheek! Also got a bit of "must-find-something-better-itus". Apologies for any offence.. none intended! :ouch:

Solid Rust Twotter
5th Mar 2008, 21:05
Try Airquarius. They operate outside the country on a number of contracts so you may not need a work permit.