PDA

View Full Version : easyJet (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

your_dreamguy
8th Feb 2004, 07:17
Hello,

I've got a B.S.E. degree in Mechanical Engineering. About five years experience as a Aerospace Engineer, US FAA ATPL, 1540 Total, 140 multi.

Anyone know if I meet EasyJet's requirements? Any know if any European carriers would be interested?

If not, I'm willing to consider to work with a European carrier in any capacity (ticket agent, operations, etc.).

If anyone can help me at all, I would really appreciate it.

Thank You.

dorosenco
8th Feb 2004, 08:31
dreamguy.

Two very important questions :
- are you a EU citizen ?
- do you have a JAA frozen ATPL ?

If the answer is YES/YES, than I think that you should apply and see what happens. You should be treated the same way than any other EU guy.
If the answer is NO/NO, I think that you shoudn't waste your time.

:ok:

trainer too 2
8th Feb 2004, 18:56
If the answer is NO/YES don't bother either. Sorry

LVL CHG
8th Feb 2004, 23:42
Great attitude. Thanks for your support.

scroggs
10th Feb 2004, 19:05
YDG (tacky name :yuk:, well done!). In exactly the same way as employment is restricted in the US to those with a Green Card and the appropriate professional qualifications, in the EU you must have the right to live and work here, and you must have a JAA professional pilot's qualification (CPL or ATPL).

The right to live and work here requires that you are either an EU citizen, or that you are eligible for EU citizenship through birth ie one or both of your parents are EU citizens. In certain countries of the EU there may be a slightly more liberal interpretation of this rule - but not much! If you're not sure, check with the Consulate or Embassy of the EU nation which you think you may be eligible for nationality of.

Once you have established the right to live and work here, you must obtain the JAA CPL or ATPL. The conversion from the FAA equivalent is not easy or straightforward, but has been covered here before so please search using something like 'FAA to JAA conversion' - you should find it. Alternatively, you can research the requirements on the CAA's website (here, I think! (http://www.caa.co.uk)) yourself.

Your degree and engineering experience are less important than your flying experience - unlike the USA, degrees are not required of pilots. Whether easyJet would be interested in you can only be established by you contacting easyJet, I'm afraid! Similarly for any other EU airline.

Best of luck.

Scroggs

November Whiskey
21st Mar 2004, 18:25
:cool:

Anyone attending this Thursday?

A search on these forums regarding past Easyjet roadshows does not make for particularly positive reading. Can anyone 'in the know' provide info as to exactly what they're after?

The advertising banner reads Captain/FO vacancies, presumably experienced & type rated is the order of the day, which counts me out!:{ as I've only just crossed the Frozen ATPL Rubicon.

I don't want to put my glad rags on and practice my best brown-nosing techniques for nothing! However, I guess nothing ventured... and as Pilot Pete commented recently, networking is the key, especially for that first job!

All info/views appreciated.

N.W.

MJR
22nd Mar 2004, 10:01
NW

I have been to 2 Easy road shows and I would suggest that they have previously been of little use to me personally.

If anything they do brutally remind you of how many fATPL holders are seeking that first job. It has recently been suggested on PPRUNE that previous successful applicants for the TRSS have mostly come from an airline background so I personally would be interested to know if any non-airline applicants were now being recruited. If you do go perhaps you could ask the question and let me know.

cheers

Splat
22nd Mar 2004, 10:15
And to add,

Both the ones I have been to, you have to fill out this form and hand it in. The person you give it to sorts it into two piles by quickly scanning it. I guess that one is for people who meet the recruiting requirements, and the other for those not. I'll leave it to your imagination which one is the larger pile BY FAR. My guess is that this pile go straight into the WPB, or if they do things properly, the shredder.

I noticed at the last one that the Cabair students arrived in a bus - a road one naturaly.

Got to say that my personal view is that if you don't meet the requirements, it's a waste of time, effort and money to go and hear comments like "we have 16,000 pilots on our database" - yea right.

Splat

scroggs
22nd Mar 2004, 11:22
They probably do - but 15,000 won't even have a PPL! Keep the faith; the pool of experienced pilots is diminishing. The TRSS scheme is aimed at more experienced people, but they will need to widen their hoizons before too long.

Scroggs

mustang1
22nd Mar 2004, 11:41
I'm guessing there will be a whole bunch of ex EAAC 737 pilots attending who have recently been made redundant - and I'll be one of them!!!

Not sure which scheme if selected we would be recruited on though (TRSS or direct entry), as apparently converting to 737-200 to 737-300 upwards may require a full conversion course.

ESSEX BOY
22nd Mar 2004, 20:52
Well that explains why it is in Bournemouth !!!

Just as EAC go bust !?!

:rolleyes:

skyman68
23rd Mar 2004, 19:06
why to fly? and get experience when school like CTC and easy pick up students with 200-300 hours.

I dont really understand what all these schools in UK or US do?
so everyone should apply to CTC now?

what is this story to get jobs with 300hours when they market is plenty of pilots who can not find a simple damn job on a single engine plane.

explain me what is wrong, because I do not really undertstand if it worths to pay more money for a flying training?

all I can say is what Easy does is not fair, and I will nor purchase my next flight with easy!!!

Luke SkyToddler
23rd Mar 2004, 19:26
:confused:

Well that's them told ... I bet Easyland was rocked to the core by that scathing attack :rolleyes:

Seriously mate you need to get out a bit more ... if you spent a bit more time looking for a job you could do, instead of coming on here and b!tching about all the ones you can't, then the world would be a happier place all round.

I've got 10 times more hours than you and I can't get a job with Easyjet either ... no it isn't fair but that's life.

Now p!ss off and post some c.v.'s :ok:

mattd2k
24th Mar 2004, 00:12
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Skyman,

Were you drunk when you wrote your post or do you just choose not to proof read them first?

If the level of English spelling and grammar in your post is indicative of that in your job applications, I am not surprised you are having difficulty finding employment!

My apologies if English is not your first language.

MD2K

Frank Furillo
24th Mar 2004, 13:02
Skyman,
You say you want a job in aviation, but you moan and behave like a child.
I have not read one post off you that has been positive.
I think you need to look at yourself and realise that with a negative attitude like yours people will just tell you to get lost.
Still at least that means there are more jobs for those who are prepared to go and find one.
Why did you choose aviation, you would be better off in another career as you attitude seems to be melancholic to me (and from what I have read others as well, no wonder you cannot get a job!)

luddite
24th Mar 2004, 15:52
Not convinced of the logic there. Only 25% or so of EAAC 737 guys were based BOH and the few that are still working are all (but one) BOH-based. So the majority of us out of work drivers are many miles away. I filled in their on-line form last week and had the usual 'received- but-don't-call us-and-we-may-or-may-not-bother-calling-you' electric response. Any evidence that showing up and brown-nosing will make any difference????
:sad:

sixmilehighclub
24th Mar 2004, 19:01
A company I used to work for would set up a roadshow or similar everytime a company went tits up. And yes, most CVs did end up in the Bottomless Information Network (BIN), or if correct procedure was followed formed part of the thousands of CVs on the database! By the end of the roadshow, its unlikely theyll be able to single any one person out that they've seen.

Basically they hope to grab anyone they can employ, and the fact there are other carriers locally, they may poach a few CVs into the bargain for future use.

Yes they probably do have thousands of CVs but if they were relevant, they'd not need to advertise for flightdeck!! You'll probably find most CVs they have are only FAA licenced or have 6 hours on a puddlejumper.

Doesnt harm to register your CV, for now or later, but maybe save yourself the journey and do it by post or e-mail!

Six

Polish Erek
24th Mar 2004, 19:20
I attended a seminar type roadshow by low cost operator, the roadshows are very good and give you look at airline and the people, It has given me employment and they are very low on pilots joining. They also need persons who can be left hand seated.

One of the two british low cost airlines is going to set base in poland this year with EU moneys helping them. This will be good for pilots and good for persons flying.

paddygee
24th Mar 2004, 19:48
What's the crack with this recruiting malarchy.......why are us wannabees told "Don't bother training, save your money, there are hundreds of pilots knocking around, just waiting to get a first airline post, you've got no chance mate," and then Easy and others have recruiting days..........
is there a pot of balloons who will never get a job as long as their s**t smells........
or will there pretty soon be a void of experienced Pilots, so fATPL people with a few hours will get a chance?

WhyNotMe
24th Mar 2004, 22:14
Well , if EZ would only look for experience pilots they would not advertised a roadshow only a few days in advanced only.
Some of us are flying that day and if I am not going to Bournemouth it's simply because I couldn't change my schedule!(besides other considerations...)
If some of you are going just tell others what they said , this would be very nice.

Thanks

Krzysztof Mojsiewicz
25th Mar 2004, 09:57
Hello sirs and madams,

Yes, road shows is extreme good appointment. I not find roadshow I since attend a any time wasted, however I am many thousand’s hour turbo-propellor together also jet (Tu-134) in Poland, Czech and Estonia over more recently 5 years. It would disturbing also seen the lots hungriest look virgins pilot’s wearing the nice smile and the new lounge-suit. But hanging in there you all and will outrival!

Horrahh! Best of British, every-one!!

Krzysztof

eagerbeaver
25th Mar 2004, 10:11
skyman stinks like a certain frenchman me thinks...
Lets wait to see who or what he moans about next, i might even offer prices...

Voeni
25th Mar 2004, 11:44
Why is it unfair what Easy Jet does? Should the pilots with less experience not be treated the same?

Is more experience = better pilot??

No!

Any airline should pick the guys they think are right. And I don't think that one "unexperienced" (which I think is the wrong expression anyway...) guy in the cockpit is bad, more risky or whatever you want to say... Looking at the left seat is different, of course. I know, it's hard to say who does a good job because you can't measure it - but that's why you shouldn't prefer the ones with more hours.

Sadly, this is how it's done nowadays. Guys in the airlines just look at the hours and you can have the best qualifications - you'll never get a chance!

Luke SkyToddler
25th Mar 2004, 12:28
Is more experience = better pilot??

No!

Of course more experience = better pilot, what planet do you come from mate?

Whether it's brain surgery or flying aeroplanes or making hamburgers at Mcdonalds, more experience = better at doing the job.

That isn't even worth arguing about, it's just something that's accepted and understood by the human race in general.

:hmm:

trainer too 2
25th Mar 2004, 13:13
explain me what is wrong, because I do not really undertstand if it worths to pay more money for a flying training?

To answer correctly: Yes in your case it is not worth to pay more for your (a) flying training as you do not grasp the industry as it has been for years. Thank you and bye bye. May I suggest some of the excellent language schools in Bournemouth as an alternative place to leave your money. :rolleyes:

Get a life!

M.85
25th Mar 2004, 13:19
not a day to be called skyman.. isee..
Easyjet hires low time pilots, just like Ryan does, so they can get fos for a long time and not pay them bearly anything for the first 6 months..but you have to pay your dues one way or the other. I believe ryan takes good pilots,eh they went through the selection didnt they? as for experience they ll be line training for 6 months with no secure contract for the first probation 6 months.
Whichever the way ..good luck to all.,

No more seats on the brazilia at the moment at skyeurope.
M.85.

Kinetic
25th Mar 2004, 13:26
quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course more experience = better pilot, what planet do you come from mate?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see Luke why you think it does and Voeni says it doesn't and it depends on the context.

More experience in their profession will make each one of us, as an individual, a better pilot, but having more experience than another doesn't neccesarily make you a better pilot than that person, A lot is down to individual finesse/skill level and environment in which your experience is derived.

Is 18 yr Old Wayne Rooney a better and more desirable centre forward to any football manager than 36 year old and highly experienced Brian Deene or even 30 year old Andy Cole who's been there and done the lot and got the medals to prove it?

Whilst you are right Luke that more experience in your role will make you a better pilot, I think Voeni is saying that it doesn't automatically make you better or more desirable than the next person with less experience

Luke SkyToddler
25th Mar 2004, 19:59
Not a fair comparison Kinetic, because football is a young man's game where physical fitness and speed are king, and it's all downhill as soon as you're past the ripe old age of 25 or so.

The best pilots in the world tend to be grumpy old b@stards with 30 or 40 years of varied flying under their belts.

All right I accept that there may be situations where the incredibly gifted 200 hour wonderkid with the 737 rating may indeed be a better pilot than the mediocre instructor with 1500 hours of C152 time, but that same wonderkid with a couple of years worth of experience will of course be a better pilot.

The point is, that if you employ a 200 hour guy you can't really be quite sure if you're getting a good one or a lemon unless you run them through an arsenal of tests ... whereas if you employ someone who's already got a decent amount of experience, then you can automatically assume they are capable of doing the job.

sixmilehighclub
25th Mar 2004, 21:39
Experience is not always a true judge of capability.

An example?

If a guy has shagged 200 women (ie, is very experienced) does it make him better in bed than someone who has shagged only 10 but studied tantric sex for a few months? No

Does it depend on the individual? Yes

(apologies for introducing gutter level examples, I am clearly sexually frustrated - sorry!)

I have flown with a few pilots approaching government-issued-bus-pass age, some are great, some are not, same goes for those who have only just learnt how to use a razor!

Six

Arrowhead
26th Mar 2004, 06:52
The guys from ESY were very clear - sort of.

- 300 FOs +50 Capts required this year (22 airbuses x 2 crew x 5 crews/acft) + leavers
- If you attended the roadshow they promised to at least look at your online application.
- TRSS would be the main route for most of us, but anyone with turboprop or jet time would be preferred

CONCLUSION: where are they going to find 300 FOs in right seat of Regionals this year, willing to come over?

Splat
26th Mar 2004, 08:10
By attending the roadshow, they may well dig your file out, but if you don't meet the requirements they ask for, they will put it straight back. And it's no secret that they have a lot of files and no way of knowing who is available etc., and they need people to point to individuals who are - or a roadshow. I suspect this is somewhat compounded be the inability of anyone to get hold of recruitement staff by any means.

What I don't understand is for a company so mindfull of costs, for what it costs to run a roadshow, why don't they employ someone with the know how to go through their database and:

1. Filter out duplicates and those now employed @ EJ
2. Send an Email to those meeting the requirements

I bet they would get enough of a response to save on the roadshows for a while!

Just my 2d's worth.

Splat

skyman68
26th Mar 2004, 18:16
sorry, english is my 4 th language!so please stop to advice me to send me to a language school. I know better EU languages than the average citizen in the UK.

hannny
27th Mar 2004, 07:55
skyman68

I agree with what you are saying about easy. There are a lot of us unemployed people out there. And whilst every one says that experience means nothing, us more experienced people are not being given the opportunity of having a job. At the moment it feels like the only people getting jobs are those with type ratings and with only 200 ish hours. So what about us people in the middle. I think that most of the replys are not fair and are unkind to you. And may be they should wonder why themselves that they have not got jobs.

eagerbeaver
27th Mar 2004, 08:57
skyman and everyone else,

Easyjet are a successful airline who now have the power to hire and fire who they like. Easy employ a great deal of pilots with 3000+ hrs, a great deal of pilots with 1500+hrs and then they take on a select number of low houred FATPL pilots. This is to ensure that they have the correct spread of experience across the whole flying staff and do not get any bulges at first command or retirement.
Secondly they can be choosy, this is where CTC step in. They dont want to employ some muppet straight out of school with the legal minimum for a CPL get him half way through a type rating course and then discover than he is incapable, lacks the apptitude, whatever.
The way the job market is at the moment you still need time on type unless you get through these new approved methods, GECAT,CAE,CTC.

My suggestion to you all would be to keep knocking on the door keep the pressure on these people who do the hiring, just dont become a pest.

hannny your lat comment is pathetic, a differing opinion doesn't mean your are completely unsuitable for employment, get a life.

skyman68 - i sugget you improve your english if its your 4th langauge. an English airline will stipulate a good + standard of English. Although i think yours is fine.

Its all about right place right time chaps, nothing more.

Krzysztof Mojsiewicz
27th Mar 2004, 09:48
skyman68 sir,

easyjet too takes experience pilot perhaps. much polish pilot coming having tremendous jet. not only employed virgins pilot 200hr! May-bee you safe than contemplate and o.k. flight easyjet. Yes.

Also easyjet having the nice cabin womens. excepting orange color blouse.

Horrahh!!

Krzysztof.

sixmilehighclub
27th Mar 2004, 11:23
Eagerbeaver, well said on your last post!

Hannny, the only reason Skyman is getting negative comments from so many people is because it comes accross (to me) that he feels the world owes him. Most just accept their bad luck and move on eventually, without launching an attack on every company that won't employ him. A business has the right to implement whatever restrictions they want, after all it is their business. If I dont agree with their ethics, I dont apply, simple!

Krzysztof, keep the posts coming, you cheer me up!!

Six
;)

Pilot Pete
28th Mar 2004, 09:52
I agree with eagerbeaver, Easy select who they want, what experience level(s) they want and so on and so forth. That is their right.

I can also confirm that they do take pilots on who are not type rated, who have much more than 200hrs so that contradicts this point hanny us more experienced people are not being given the opportunity of having a job. At the moment it feels like the only people getting jobs are those with type ratings and with only 200 ish hours.

You also say So what about us people in the middle. Well, I would suggest you keep trying to do whatever it takes to get yourself in a position to be employed by easyJet, if that's who you want to work for. I would have thought that most pilot wannabes would not assume easyJet was a 'first job' option, rather that you need to get some experience from elsewhere before applying. They set the bar where they want it. The last I heard they wanted 'x' number of factorised hours. If you don't have them then you are not in the mix. Perhaps pushing to get into other employers at the same time is what is required.

It seems that some of the comments on this thread are about how 'unfair' it is that certain pilots are not getting a shot at the job when others are with easyJet. I don't think fairness comes into it. They simply have enough applicants to be choosy, like most employers currently do. Why bleat about them requiring 'x' amount of time, it's no different to Virgin Atlantic requiring 2500hrs with heavy jet experience and I never seem to see many complaining posts on these pages about that requirement?

The market is difficult and we all know some who have got breaks who are doing nothing more than us and it can appear unfair. It's not. Keep plugging away, keep applying, but do keep expanding your network portfolio. I have said it before and will say it again. All the guys that I know who are getting the breaks with no previous airline experience are the ones who are being extremely pro-active with regard to making contacts and nurturing opportunities. If you want it enough you will make it happen, eventually.

Good luck.

PP

Voeni
29th Mar 2004, 08:20
Thanks for clarifying, Kinetic. Question is how you would judge a pilot's qualities.

Experienced = better pilots? Know a guy, flown 747 for 30 years, crossed the Atlantic hundreds of time but didn't know that the Krueger flaps are located towards the wing root! Depends on the individual.

Don't know your problem guys, almost every job offer is for people with 1000+ h ore more. So the most difficult ones to find a job are the unexperienced with <1000h. Believe me, I do experience it personally! :-(

Crash and Burn
29th Mar 2004, 12:41
Hi all,

I applied a few times, attended a road show or three and even got asked for my telephone number, but nothing happened.... easyJet, all talk no action!

There are other operators out there with more interesting opportunities in other parts of the world, if someone does not mind leaving the U.K.

Bealzebub
29th Mar 2004, 15:27
"Experienced = better pilots? Know a guy, flown 747 for 30 years, crossed the Atlantic hundreds of time but didn't know that the Krueger flaps are located towards the wing root! Depends on the individual."

Gosh how awful ! I wonder how many questions he did know that would that would have made you feel small ? He has safely flown his 747 around the world for 30 years and you have flown your threads around pprune for how long ?

For an airline 200 hrs or 1000 hrs, mean you really don't have any experience ! If you are fortunate enough to secure a position it is important that you knuckle down to study and ensure that you embark on a steep learning curve. For sure if you do not and fail to impress those in the left hand seat you will not last long, even if you do know all about krueger flaps.

:rolleyes:

Luke SkyToddler
29th Mar 2004, 16:53
It takes a lot to get me irate but I have to say this ...

WHY DON'T ALL YOU LOW HOUR LOSERS STOP YOUR GODDAM MOANING??!!!

Now let me qualify that first of all by saying that I, too, would very much like a jet job with Easyjet, or indeed any other jet airline that is willing to give me one.

The difference between me and you though, is that I have been flying full time for just under 10 years and have several thousand hours, a mixed bag of instructing civilian and military, single and multi IFR, flying remote strip air ambulance work around New Zealand and now flying non-autopilot equipped perf A turboprops around the outer hebrides of Scotland in some of the most unpredictably bad weather in the entire world.

I have also lectured classrooms of students on all but one of the CPL theory subjects and several of the ATPLs at various stages. I have never in my life failed a written or oral flight test and I have never had a student fail on me either.

I'm not trying to brag or build up my fragile ego or anything and I know I still have a lot to learn but my point is that I AM a goddam better pilot than anyone who has 200 hours. It's that simple.

If any of you don't believe it then come up here to Scotland and I'll prove it to you. You name the aircraft and the discipline ... instrument flying, spot landings, circling-ndb-approaches-to-minima-in-a-35-knot-crosswind,
whatever you like, and I will kick your ass. I'm serious and I'll put money on it if anyone wants to take me up on it just PM me.

I am just so sick of hearing this 200-hour-guys are so hard done by nonsense ... some of you lot really really need to do some hard years of hard graft and learn a little bit more about what aviation is really about, instead of sitting here pontificating what is, with all due respect, complete and utter b*ll*cks, about how you and your little 200 hours really makes you a better pilot than anyone else.

I'm sorry but it has to be said.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

*Straps flak helmet on and enters bunker*

StudentInDebt
29th Mar 2004, 17:04
Bit of a touchy subject then Luke? :ok: :D

Artificial Horizon
29th Mar 2004, 17:30
Well well, things are certainly hotting up in this post then!!

I have read it with interest and can see both points of you, it certainly is interesting though how posts like this degenerate very quickly into 'who is the better pilot' someone with 200 hours or someone with thousands of hours. To be honest I think it is impossible to say with certainty. The only thing you can say is that logic would suggest that the more experienced you are the better all round pilot you will be, notice I didn't say the more talented or skilled pilot but the better all round pilot, there is a difference.

When it comes to employing pilots at an airline like EasyJet the recruiters will be looking to fill the vacancies with pilots from all experience levels, it is no use to them hiring all pilots with 1,500 hours because who are going to be the longer term F/O's. They need to hire some lower hour guys as it ensures a proportion of pilots who will be F/O's for a little longer and hey, if they can recruit anyone through some sort of 'Sponsorship' scheme like the TRSS or CTC then all the better because they save on the wage bill aswell.

Now as a pilot with over 2000 hours, I like LukeSkytoddler have done all sorts of wierd jobs to build those hours and at times it is frustrating when you keep hearing of 200 hour pilots gaining employment straight onto jets when it is something you are desperate to move onto aswell.

It can feel that you are climbing the stairs slowly but surely then every now and then someone jumps on the express elevator straight to the top!! Just because I feel like that sometimes, doesn't mean that I think I deserve the job more. Good on those who get a jet job at 200 hours, this will always be a reality in the UK and Europe (almost unheard of elsewhere in the world). We all just need to respect each other and not B*tch and moan when others are getting employed over ourselves!!

Times will improve, heres hoping we all meet on the flight deck soon regardless of 200 or 2000 hours in you log book.:D :cool:

G-LOST
29th Mar 2004, 18:24
Luke,

I have to agree with your sentiment. It's about time EVERYONE expected to put in the hard yards before securing an airline job. It's an apprenticeship.

LOST no longer.

sixmilehighclub
29th Mar 2004, 21:33
Why did the banana go to the doctor?
Because he wasnt peeling well.

Ok, totally irrelevant but thought it might lighten the mood?

4Screwaircrew
29th Mar 2004, 23:54
Airlines will take experienced type rated people if they can get them, failing that they will take the best raw material they can get and mould these people to the company way of doing things.

A young person with a new licence has had little chance to develop bad habits, and has no preconceptions on how to operate the type they are about to be introduced to. I have recently been involved in line training guys trained by CTC, they are all very low time and very capable, what they lack is experience this they will accrue over the next few years. They have been very much easier to line train than people with a back ground in geriatric turboprops ( I have nearly 5000 hours of such time). The CTC selection procedure and training standards ensure the right candidates are chosen and they are then prepared well for the task in hand.

It is I think important for all of us to remember an airline position is earned, it is not ours by right, and above all no one forced us down this path. I still wouldn't wish to change it for anything else.

Wee Weasley Welshman
30th Mar 2004, 06:25
Luck. Plays a huge part in it all. Right place, right time, right shoes - whatever. All recruiting practices are flawed - they let numpties through and reject good guys sometimes. Same with sponsorship selection.

Once you start to appreciate the lottery aspect of it all it helps lower your blood pressure a tiny bit.

The thing is to be happy that at least now things ARE moving in the employment marketplace.

The big picture includes MyTravel surviving, Virgin and easyJet expanding solidly and even BA recruiting. The world and British economy is on the upswing and travel has never been so fashionable nor cross border trade so vibrant. New runways are planned, all airports are increasing capacity and new aircraft are being developed and ordered. There is no particular retirement bulge but there are a lot of Captains out there who joined airlines in the big package holiday boom of the 70's. The golf club is calling them.

In the months following Sept 11th 2001 I made quite a few posts about how Wannabe hiring and sponsorships were going to basically stop for a couple of years. Two and half years on I think the lean times have passed.

Good luck,

Voeni
30th Mar 2004, 13:38
Looks like the one with the "biggest problem" and who is complaining the most is Luke SkyToddler :D Guess, it was a bit inappropriate, because I haven't seen any "low-expierenced" guy complaining, neither here in the forum (probably, I've overseen one) nor in "real" life. We're just trying to discuss a bit...

sixmilehighclub :ok: :ok:

I don't mind if you're all god damn pilots, local flying heros, or whatever, if you can fly the ILS with the needles and the ball perfectly centered or if you can land a 747 with the hell of a crosswind. Who really cares? The only thing is to fly safe... and no one will ever really care about anything else..

4Screwaircrew, great point. Just think why all the reputated airlines try to have the pilots with them from flying hour 0...

BTW: As 4Screwaircrew said, we're in this business deliberately... so why complaining?

Bealzebub
30th Mar 2004, 14:35
"The only thing is to fly safe... and no one will ever really care about anything else.."

How wrong you are ! The presumption is that you will always fly safely, however it is most certainly not the case that no one will care about anything else. This is a commercial world and it is important that any flying is profitable and efficient. That requires skills that will make an individual a commercial manager as well as a simple pilot. Factors such as airport closure times, weather, fuel loads, tankering, flight time limitation extensions, crew management, industrial relations, technical deficiences etc etc. These issues are the day to day realities of an airline pilot. Safety is the bedrock of aviation but as any experienced pilot will tell you it may be of paramount importance but is only the goal of all the compromises and previously mentioned commercial problems that will occupy a pilots day to day existence.

You will be expected to operate as safely as possible but people will most certainly care about everything else. This is "real life" my friend !

Voeni
31st Mar 2004, 13:16
Bealzebub, you're right, but you did not get my point. You're pointing out what someone "inside" the industry does and knows but for all the ones "outside", passengers etc. they only want to fly save from point A to B (forget about the service, punctuality and stuff - of course to a limited extent too). A passenger does not care if the pilot is 55 or 25, if he's got 40000h or 1000h with frozen atpl. he just expects him to be capable of flying him safely to his destination.

Wee Weasley Welshman
31st Mar 2004, 13:27
No, no to be fair there are quite a few passengers who want the Captain to be called John Gauntlet (52) - sporting a mane of silver hair and a deep deep tan - sitting next to Senior First Officer Jack Steadfast (32).

The public have funny ideas.

Cheers

ziva
5th Apr 2004, 01:56
well to be honnest with you I think you are the type of guy "who knows it all"... don't you?
I will be surprise to see the kind of person you are....
you are the only one to have the right to "throw up " you bad words on french guys.... this is clever! very smart!
are you flying? ... as for myself i think you have nothing to do in a cockpit.... your attitude is BAD.... and a guy like make me sick... sorry but ... just bad!

:E

this is what I will call RUDE:.....

"skyman stinks like a certain frenchman me thinks..."

:yuk:

scroggs
5th Apr 2004, 18:13
Luke calm down, mate, no need to blow a gasket! But I know where you're coming from...

ziva You've obviously not been here very long. eagerbeaver's reference to 'a certain frenchman' is about an individual called Ronchonner that darkened these forums a while back with some very aggravating and provocative wind-up posts in very poor English. skyman68's posts read spookily like Ronch's....

The market in UK seems to me to be quite unlike that anywhere else, in that we have a recognised route for a few fATPLs to get into a jet cockpit with very few hours. This does a number of things: it leads all fATPLs to unrealistically believe that they can do the same; it pisses off those who feel they've put in the hours and been bypassed; but for the airlines that employ this approach, it gives a spread of experience they wouldn't otherwise have achieved without being in business for 35 years. It is important for the easyJets of this world that they don't end up with a workforce all between 35-45, who will therefore all retire in a compressed period - with all the problems that that implies for replacements etc. That is why a few 200-hour fATPLs get these jobs. Even though the market is improving, most of you will still have to follow Luke and Artificial Horizon on the slightly longer route to a 737 flight deck!

Scroggs

stalling attitude
6th Apr 2004, 19:00
I, like most , still have many friends and aquaintances who are desperately trying to break into this game and get their first airline job. What always amazes me is the attitude that many of them have towards flying anything other than a boeing/airbus. When i suggest that they should be sending c.v's to all companies to get that first break I am stunned by the number that say it has got to be a jet, I don't want to fly a Dash or a Jetstream.
I do understand why everyone wants to fly a shiny new jet but early on you must take ( almost ) any flying job . Having said that i know just how difficult it can be to get any aviation job.

good luck to all, you will get there.

ziva
7th Apr 2004, 00:58
Ok..... scroggs I didn't know.... and I feel bad about it!
so I apologize to eagerbeaver ... but I do have a temper! sometimes when I think that this kind of comment shouldn't be here! we are all coming from a different countries ..... so no reason to "attack" more one then the other!... we are all humain and making mistakes!....
regarding what you said about the first job... i think that most of the pilots will get their first job with a small company... and then move on... but sometimes you get lucky... and get hired right away with low time! .... good luck for those one who are looking for a job... and NERVER give up!

ciao!

Arrowhead
7th Apr 2004, 12:03
Just to confirm - did ANYONE hear back from Easyjet after Bournemouth???

The more I think about it, the more the timing and location look all to perfect to be a genuine roadshow. I wonder how many EAAC pilots they picked up????

fade to grey
7th Apr 2004, 20:31
Hmmmm...........

I drive a 757 now and its not bad,but if someone paid me £40k to fly a 152 I'd take it....

The big jet hard on doesn't last that long and you lucky ******s get to make all the decisions in your 152s,C310s etc..

I won't get to call the shots for many a year

Hope that makes some of you feel better....!

ziva
8th Apr 2004, 13:01
Fade grey..... you know that a lot of people would like to be in your shoes...... I don't think you want to fly again a 152..... or other small aircraft! for the same amount of money!!!!
but I know what you mean...... and understand you!..
enjoy at list the view! and the fact to be comfortable in a large cockpit.....:ok:

ciao....

tom24
8th Apr 2004, 13:39
I drive a 757 now and its not bad,but if someone paid me £40k to fly a 152 I'd take it....

Hope that makes some of you feel better....!

What a joke.

There are people out there who'd do anything to fly a jet and you describe it as "not bad". Why don't you go and gain a second profession earning £40k per annum and instruct for fun at weekends (i'll swap with you if you like and i earn £45k per year!!) . I'm sure it would improve your lifestyle and gain a new opening for a Wannabe.

a_320busdriver
8th Apr 2004, 15:38
I attended and have not heard at all, just updated my application on-line also. I have an A320 type rating and so thought it might catch their eye. I don't have much time on type though. It is frustrating that there is no way to be in touch with recruitment to build PR!

unwiseowl
8th Apr 2004, 18:38
Believe me, when you've had your jet job for ten years, you'll look back on what you do now with a certain fondness. Don't wish your life away. Flying for the airlines is hard, tiring work with lots of tedious bull**** thrown in!

fade to grey
8th Apr 2004, 19:02
Unwiseowl-obviously an experienced chap:sensible reply !

Tom24:wake up mate,its people like you that cause pilots T+Cs to spiral down,for airlines to make people pay for type ratings without the promise of a job.

Picture the scene in the airline accounts dept,'oh,tom will do anything to fly a jet........right get him to pay £20000 for his own type rating up front,call him a cadet and pay him £14000 for the first three years, theres one born every second !'

I didn't mean to give the impression I don't like it,because I do (mostly)however I am realistic:I have a family to support and a mortgage to cover.

Try the whole summer with virtually no weekends off,constant roster changes from early to late to nights,abject fatigue and disruptive passengers.....

Flying is a desirable job for many,however it is not a religion,not some calling:just a fun job.

Believe you me,the size of your aircraft has no reflection on the size of your mojo:If you think it impresses people it doesn't (try explaining to civilians what you do in reality and see their eyes cloud over)the only benefit of flying the big jets is that they used to come with inflated pay scales (not any more).

Might I suggest you make a pilots uniform and walk round the terminal in it if you are that shallow.

mustang1
9th Apr 2004, 11:24
With regards to EAAC pilots, a couple been offered jobs already with ezy, and quite a few going for assessment the next few weeks.

Lots of interviews/assessments going on with other airlines at the moment too

skyman68
17th Jul 2004, 11:10
hello,

what about easy jet??. I have applied on their web site. and nothing. What I dislike in this system, is we do not have any human feedback. did they threw it away, is my CV application still there, should i reapply???.

So please, if anyone works for easyjet, I would like really to know what is going on. I spend hours to send CV and I think it would be right to have a HUMAN and not a COMPUTER who can answer!

so now what I do, I copy/ paste 300 airline adress, and in one click on my PC, I send all my CV and wait the answers.

I am even thinking to have this job done by my computer without to do it myself.(kind of spam)
if some airlines want work like that, and place a computer as a HR guy to answer to our application, well, I think I can do the same, no???

Bealzebub
17th Jul 2004, 16:43
Skyman if you carefully read your post again you might see the irony ?
;)

skyman68
17th Jul 2004, 17:09
mmh, I miss maybe a point. English is not my first language.Did i say something wrong , do you understand my frustration?
something to do with ladies???;) :p

redsnail
17th Jul 2004, 22:31
Hey :D
Since you found the 14 JAR exams a joke (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137797) then surely an online application shouldn't present too much hassle?

BritishGuy
18th Jul 2004, 02:21
Was waiting until someone pointed that out.

TRon
18th Jul 2004, 14:28
skyman,

Sorry, but your posts are not painting a very pretty picture of you. You think 20k for a type rating is just 35 hours in the sim at 700 per hour as you point out here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137815) are you on this planet?? Your maths doesn't even add up for one who found the ATPL's a 'Joke'

Now you are criticising easyJet and their 'damned computerised answers' I think as a wannabe the only way you will get in there is through CTC, but I should imagine easyJet will now be as we speak shutting down ops as they have missed out on you, their soon to be most prized asset.

You will find that most airlines now employ this 'computerised' system. They are a bit cheaper than 'HR Guys'. You wait until you paste '300 airline addresses' into a standard cover letter and see how you feel after you get 100 PFO's (Please F*ck Off) letters which might not even be addressed to your name, and that is just the airlines who have an 'HR Guy' to take the time to reply to you.

Did you want someone sitting at the other end 24/7 waiting for responses to give you a human response?

This system is a way of cutting out 1000 CV's arriving a month i.e. less paper, and all your contact details are then automatically in their database for when they need to contact you rather than an 'HR Guy' tapping it all in....

Sorry mate, but welcome to the real world. It's not all the bed roses it was whilst you were at Bristol Groundschool sitting those jokey exams eh?

skyman68
18th Jul 2004, 20:14
Ok, let me explain you something: these JAA exams are a "joke". you just have to study the feedbacks, and you pass the exams by answering a,b, c, or d.You can study the binders , up to you.View my experience in this field, I did not have any problem to understand the "udge amount" of knowledge you have to "learn".(oh yes, it was bloody hard, studied day and night, I even divorced and my kids are in jail...) Sorry tron, if it was hard for you, for me it was a pure pleasure thanks to Bristol (30 to 180 minutes study a day for 1 year).

then where is the oral exam when you do your flight test??, it s non- existant here. in the USA, I was worried about the 45-60 minutes interrogations with an FAA examiner(5 hours for my FAA CFI, yop!, all morning and 2 hours flight). So this is my personal point of view and I would like you respect that.

Like many of us I come from the USA and I am at my second log book.Yes, I found the JAA written not very hard!In France, several years ago, it was 5 times harder.Any french guy will tell you the same.

Ok,back to this computer' story!

I can understand that a company have a computerised system to select applicants, but it is not right to not have any feedbacks. I have sent my application 6 months ago, still nothing and I know guys who wait for 2 years....I know bigger airlines who have the amability to send you an email telling you they do not hire pilot at this time, Easy jet: NOTHING!!!! and there is not only easyjet.

By law, a company can not keep your application if they do not hire you .Or they have to ask your authorisation .Ok, on easyjet website, u can erase ur datas but it s not the case everywhere!

I think this sytem become crazy. we are selected by a computer based on a certain number of datas.Years ago, people were complaining when a company was asking to send a handwritten cover letter .Now you just check the box.

I do not care if an airline receives lot of C.V. I am a human pilot and not only a CAA number and I just ask that someone tell me if they have kept or throw away my CV. is it to much to ask? or should I pay 50 quids like ryanair does to get a negative answer???.

sorry for my broken english.

boeingbus2002
18th Jul 2004, 21:31
For a FI rating, its a similar test here too, lasting pretty much a whole day.
Lectures and question and answer sessions on any possible topic.

touch&go
18th Jul 2004, 21:42
skyman68 if you don't like the licensing system over here and how companies recruit then why don't you just go back to the US?.

Say again s l o w l y
18th Jul 2004, 21:53
Got to second that. It can all be frustrating, but currently them's that pay the piper, call the tune.

T&G check your PM's.

Jetavia
19th Jul 2004, 15:57
Hmm is this topic getting into a battle between the two sides of the pond?

I have to agree in some of what skyman is trying to point out. Having an e-business myself running a decent sized community on the internet, I have to say that most airlines "recruitment-systems" do not make the grade!

First of all a decent system should have the applicant create a user account with a login, that way you can allways login, and change or delete your details, as you have changes in eg. hours, flying-time, availability, marital-status!! ... don't you just hate filling in the same form again and again? After completing the application form, the applicant should receive a confirmation letter along with your login information, explaining that the application is now on file, and how the airline will use the data in it's recruitment process.

The airline should remember that many applicants are actually interested in what is going on in the airline, making a quarterly newsletter would not be a bad idea!!

Last point is a standardized application form, my god the airlines want all different splits on your logged hours, they are of course never as it is split up in your logbook .. the result, it will take you a VERY long time to fill in each application form.... the JAA should really make ONE standard logbook for professional pilots, a standardized application forms can then be based on that logbook!

Just my 5 cents worth :D

skyman68
20th Jul 2004, 16:10
I do not like the system and it is not a reason to be beat up by the system.
it is really frustrating when you apply on a dial up system and the communication hang up after you have filled all their damn requirements.

Most of you are not at this stage yet, and believe me, it s a real pain, when your computer says:" ERROR 404" after 2 hours of application and you have to start from scratch without knowing if you application will be accepted by their computer.

In the USA, it is the same problem.and we have the bad tendency to copy the USA. good or bad! technology and computer system should help us, but more and more we are in a sytem where the computer decide for us.and it s not in aviation, I have experienced this, but in the taxation system.and I have been screwed for months becasue computers are conected togetehr and I got plenty of bills to pay.

many times you heared, :"but our computer tells us you have to pay this...." com'on, you damn computer is wrong!!!

some airbus have crashed years ago, and we do not know even whyy? simply becasue a computer does nt do any mistake...and whay about my computer crashes??, and all this damn virus???.

Do you want live in this world and be a slave of the computer' generation, not me!!!

i like computers , but I do not like to be treated by a machine. I am human!!!

CAT3C AUTOLAND
21st Jul 2004, 11:19
Skyman,

Are you going to tell your prospective employers in the interview that you thought the JAR ATPL's are a joke and that you just memorised feed back to pass the exams?

skyman68
21st Jul 2004, 11:43
Do not be wrong and do not say what I did not say, the ATP was a" joke" for me, but I fly now since 12 years, so all I have learned pratically in the USA, came back in the books when i did my course at Bristol.The US way is not so bad after all.

It is probably hard for people who have a limited experience. the ATP is a lot of study I agree, but it is for anyone who is willing to study 1-2 hours a day.

to pass the CAA exams, here my secret: study all feedback you can get.You must score at least a 95% in all feedbacks if you pass want with a 80-85%.You must be very confortable with the feedbacks.

Off course, you must know the subject. but heh! you just have to read what your school has sent you and work on the Progress test( modular training and non residential course).

everyone should develop his own technick to study, for me, I spent 40% of the time in the binders, and 60% of the time in the feedbacks.

I read my binders when I was in the train, or just before sleep.Took me 1 year. instead to watch TV, I was answering to the progree tests.

then during the brush up course, i studied in my B and B from 6pm to 1 am. week end included.It worked for me, because I studied a little every day, Yes a little only!

so yes, at the end, this ATPL is a "joke"and I do not really understand why guys say it is so hard...I do not think I am smarter, I am not a genius, so what???maybe I am good to answer to some dumb CAA questions.

so if some of you are worried not to have the level or the intelligence(u do not have to be a genius). Do not worry, your school is here to help you and if you have 1-2 hours of free times in your day, it can be done .

my background as an FAA pilot helped me, but I think I could have done it without.

Luke SkyToddler
21st Jul 2004, 11:44
Well yes Cat3c that's more or less exactly what I said, the management pilot doing the interview laughed and completely agreed with me, and I ended up getting the job.

Employers already know the ATPLs are a joke, that the only way for mere mortals to get through that stuff is by parrot fashion rote learning of thousands of dull irrelevant facts.

If I was conducting an interview and someone sat there looking me in the eye and said no, they didn't struggle through it, or that they just learned everything first time and didn't need to memorize shed loads of feedback because they were such a sh!t hot natural talent, then I'd cross them off my list right away, because they are either a liar or a boring know-it-all b@stard :rolleyes:

luckyPierre
21st Jul 2004, 12:09
I think its about time that our friend from the USA focused his attention gaining a good command of the English language.

Maybe he should get off his a*se and pick up the phone and ask Easyjet whether or not they are dealing with his application. I suggest that when they recieved it they all had a damn good laugh and tossed it in the bin where it belongs.

Cheero

xxx

Half a Mexican
21st Jul 2004, 13:47
“Skyman”,

I’ve been meaning to ask you, now that you have got yourself a JAA licence have you got the requisite “yellow tattoo” that you used to be so fond of telling us about?** ;)

Cheers,
HaM

No I have not gone mad, those who used to frequent this forum a long time ago will know what I mean.

Megaton
21st Jul 2004, 14:47
I think you're right HaM. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a......duck. Entertaining for a little while then very, very boring.

skyman68
21st Jul 2004, 16:39
for my command of english,I am french and proud to be! so if it disturbs some of you, nobody force you to read me, or, you can start to learn french, and more UK airlines are looking for pilots speaking French. Hope it will help me.I have been lucky so far, but now it is very hard to get a flying job!
With my level of english, I can take a job in UK.I passed the 14 ATPL, so I think my level is good enough.

Good luck to everyone.

this is what we have received from BMIBABY, ah ah ah ah !!!
now I have to spend another hour (or 2 hours)to send my damn application to this damn computer!!!grrrrrr! :mad:and I can not enter in their website, I have to restart from scratch...Please, hold me, I am going to kill somebody!!!

they have probably lost all datas,...redesign,? my ass!

then... hold on, this is the funniest part,:they are not looking for pilot but only looking for pilots. they have this website, so they are looking for pilots or they are not looking for pilots???
.what is the point to send your application if they do not recruit, what is the point to apply if they say they are not looking and what is the point to have a recruitment website if they are still not looking for pilots. they make waste my time....our time!

probably BMI doesnt know that when the are flying forward in fact they are flying backward.(do you know in french: quand j'avance, tu recule, comment veux- tu que je t'encule?)

this is LAUGHABLE! I will never fly with this company!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We have recently completed a redesign of our website. Your previous pilot application details have been archived. However if you still want to be considered for employment with bmibaby please re-submit you application at: bmibaby.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

funniest part:

We are not currently recruiting for flight deck positions, however we would welcome applications from experienced 737-300/500 pilots.

redsnail
21st Jul 2004, 19:53
Yep,
Got the email. Went to the site. Every thing filled out and sent off in about 5 minutes. As far as online applications go it's pretty easy.
:D

jmc1980
22nd Jul 2004, 10:40
Skyman,

I think you should just stop moanin' and complainin' and focus your energy on finding ways to get yourself a job instead telling us how frustrated you are about how the system works. we are all frustrated, but if you really want to be a pilot, you must find ways. The system is how it is and there is no way to change it.

You say that Easyjet lacks the "Human touch", but did you know that they actually organize roadshows once in a while all over Europe? I have heard of people handing in their CV's there and being called shortly afterwards for an interview. How about that !

British companies in my opinion try to recruit people with the right attitude, that is, a positive constructive and goal oriented attitude. Your attitude to me is typical of the average frenchman: cynical, negative, and arrogant. I am a Frenchman, trying to get a job in the uk, but it's people with an attitude like yours who ruin our reputation!:yuk:

And finally, your English is nowhere near the required standard for British companies. I know you are extra proud to be french, but that doensn't mean the world must speak french also. Hope your accent isn't as bad as your grammar!

Good luck with your job search anyway:)

cheers

JMC

CAT3C AUTOLAND
22nd Jul 2004, 16:17
Have to agree with JMC, attitide seems to be the key word. With regard to my previous comments and you thinking the ATPL's are a joke. There are alot of people here that put an enormous amount of effort into passing the exams and fought blood sweat and tears to get through.

Perhaps you should be a little more sensitive about others when posting here.

scroggs
25th Jul 2004, 08:54
Online applications for anything can be extremely frustrating. I'd guess that not many of us haven't had the experience of filling out an online form only to find its contents have disappeared when you try to submit it, whether it's a 404 error or whatever. Here on Pprune I've often had the frustration of writing a long reply to a thread only to have the system lose the results of my efforts after pressing 'submit reply'. Now, I always copy my musings before I press the button! So, whatever else you feel about Skyman68, I'm sure you can understand his frustrations.

The thing is, it's a waste of time wishing things were different or better; you have to learn to deal with the problems you're presented with. Where possible, save the online form and complete it (and save the completed form) offline. If that's not possible, at least make a note of your answers. Where narrative answers are required, compose and save them in Word or Wordpad, then copy them to the online form. That way, if your completed form does disappear into the ether, you have a backup.

If your target company accepts snail-mail as well as e-mailed applications, do both unless they specifically tell you not to. Often, companies will not acknowledge any applications at all. It's a fact; get used to it. Yes, it's rude and inconsiderate, but the workload of replying to every one of maybe thousands of applications is beyond all but the very largest companies.

Do not 'spam' CVs at lots of companies. You will get found out! You may find your e-mail address is blocked by those companies - not good! Target your CVs by making the covering letter individual to the company you're aiming at. That doesn't mean completely reconstructing the covering letter each time, simply making sure that what you are applying for is actually what they are offering.

Above all, don't get discouraged. Almost every professional pilot out there received several PFOs before landing an interview, and most will have undergone several interviews before landing a job. Keep trying!

Scroggs

springbok449
25th Jul 2004, 13:30
Skyman,
It seems to me that as a proud Frenchman, you need to look into your French spelling, what I mean is: il faut mettre un "S" a la fin du verbe reculer quand tu le conjugues avec "TU"..., non?
A plus, Bokkie.

Colin2Fly
12th Aug 2004, 14:55
Hi,
Does anyone know an email address that I could use to contact easyjet regarding pilot recruitment/training? I have searched their website but they only seem to have webforms.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Colin

IRRenewal
12th Aug 2004, 16:17
Colin,

I found this on the easyJet website:

Once again, please do not send us paper CVs or contact us by telephone unless we have specifically asked you to do so. The process is designed to provide maximum efficiency for us and you, so please, help us to help you.

Maybe they only have web forms because that is the only way they want to deal with recruitement?

Colin2Fly
12th Aug 2004, 16:55
have you got a link to that section?

I could only find webforms about lost baggage etc.

IRRenewal
12th Aug 2004, 17:38
http://www.easyjet.com/EN/jobs/pilotrecruitment.html

silverknapper
12th Aug 2004, 20:49
Your in trouble if you can't even find that mate!

Colin2Fly
12th Aug 2004, 21:38
no I did find that, just the way he was talking it sounded like he had found a webform where you can request info about pilot training/recruitment.

zcar
13th Aug 2004, 11:44
Not as much as your trouble spelling "you're", however!

silverknapper
13th Aug 2004, 13:10
hilarious z car - get a life

Taiguin
13th Aug 2004, 13:37
z car is all one word, just another spelling mistake!!!

Simon_Sez
14th Aug 2004, 12:21
Hi Colin,

Are you applying for cadet training?
If, so, look at the STOP PRESS section of the link given above, it goes to CTC McAlpine's website. Easyjet are doing all their cadet recruitment through CTC now, as well as ATP recruitment as far as I know.

If you haven't already, have a read through the "CTC McAlpine/Easyjet/JMC/Thomas Cook" thread. It takes a while but the info is invaluable.

Hope this helps,

Simon.

P1 Forever
21st Aug 2004, 17:13
Hi,

How many pilots do easyjet employ each year and for the next say 5 years?

Also, how many or what ratio are CTC sponsored cadets vs guys who are ex instructors/turboprop with >500hrs?

Thanks!

P1

BoraBora007
21st Aug 2004, 18:05
Hmmm

try Easyjets website (http://www.easyjet.com)

lazy

P1 Forever
21st Aug 2004, 18:30
Bora Bora,

The easyjet website was my first port of call...but it's not up-to-date. For instance, I am sure the numbers of ctc cadets has increased.

Anyone know???

BoraBora007
21st Aug 2004, 20:01
Point.

Sorry

Easyjet have taken lots of ctc cadets.

So far there have been 18 courses in the ctc scheme. 3 have no sponsor, about 3-4 have been taken by tcx, the rest are Easyjet.

6 per course

FLAMEOUT
28th Aug 2004, 22:27
I would be most grateful to receive any info on questions asked during the interview / recruitment day etc.
Thanks in advance.

south coast
29th Aug 2004, 10:39
flameout...

just out of interest, do you have an interview lined up, and if so, how long ago did you apply.

i only ask because i am curious as to the time scale easy follow from application with them, to reply to you and giving you an interview date.

if you, or anyone else can shed some light on this i would appreciate the info....

FLAMEOUT
29th Aug 2004, 13:18
Yes I do.
I had a phone call less than 24 hours after I filled out the application form on the net.

MikeAlphaBravo
29th Aug 2004, 14:00
What level of experience do you currently have flameout in terms of hours, type etc, if you don't mind me asking:D

FLAMEOUT
1st Sep 2004, 19:23
re: experience - I have more than the minimum required!

So - nobodys been to the interview ? thanks for all the useful advice!

I was hopeing for a little feedback so I would know what to expect that's all.

Superfly
2nd Sep 2004, 10:27
Easy Flameout ,

I went to the Easyjet Assement day 2 months ago and here is what I can recall from that day :

a set of technical questions such as about mach tuck, some met questions ---> I suggest you read "how to ace the pilot technical interview " By Gary Bristow, everything is in there.

some psychometric test ---> Nothing you can prepare.

45 minutes interview, quite relaxed. They asked me some questions such as : " Can you remember a moment in your life where you have taken a difficult decision" or "have you ever worked with a difficult individual, how did you manage to get his co-operation " ... My interviewers were very nice and gave me the time to think before answering. Also they asked me some technical questions too. One I remember of is " what gaz do we put in Aircraft tyres "

The whole day is fairly relaxed and they definitely try to make you at ease, so you can give your best !

Good luck, SF

FLAMEOUT
2nd Sep 2004, 10:38
Thankyou very much for the info.

coolfalcon
7th Sep 2004, 10:15
Does anyone now, how long it may take Easyjet to call someone , or I can be waiting for the rest of my life endlessly!!!!!!
Should i forget them ? is's been 3 months..

coolfalcon
7th Sep 2004, 15:36
How long should I consider that my application is valid with them since they haven't replied in 3 months.. and i have all what they require...but i applied in the direct entry pilot scheme since i'am current on type.
Any infos would be very welcome that would brighten up a bit this gloomy situation
Cheers thanks

Joe_Bar
11th Sep 2004, 20:03
Dutch

which is missing on the EasyJet website application form as nationality choice.
Any of you had trouble finding your nationality on their website?

Cheers JB

sammyhostie3
12th Sep 2004, 10:56
I thought you had to have the right to live and work in the UK for any company/airline now, perhaps that is why?

Impi
12th Sep 2004, 11:40
Dear Hostie...

You're probably not even blonde....!

Yellow Sun
12th Sep 2004, 17:51
J_B

I wouldn't worry about it, just put yourself down as British. Being Dutch you probably speak the language better than the natives.

Good Luck

YS

witchdoctor
12th Sep 2004, 18:13
Hasn't stopped a number of Dutch pilots I know from having made the LHS. Hmmm......... perhaps they were double Dutch. :}

sammyhostie3
18th Sep 2004, 07:04
LOL guys!

I am very blonde actually! so I have an excuse!

I still dont realise what was so funny, but i trust it was not too stupid?!

expedite_climb
18th Sep 2004, 07:30
sammy - if you are dutch then you are european; ergo you have the right to live and work in the UK...

Old King Coal
18th Sep 2004, 07:42
Sammy - but do the cuffs and collar match ? ;)

sammyhostie3
19th Sep 2004, 08:32
LOL!

You will have to check my eyebrows out if you go to the Xmas bash!

skyman68
19th Sep 2004, 20:53
easy have stopped to work with dutch pilots after discovering they were(most) smoking ashish and cannabis during flights.

try crack... much better!

:p

Joe_Bar
20th Sep 2004, 17:45
EasyJet has changed the application form.

Cheers Joe

Stone Cold
9th Nov 2004, 09:55
Hello fellow aviators.

Yesterday I received a call from Easyjet asking me to attend the pilot workshop in a couple of weeks for a interview and assessment.

I'm currently a Captain on a turbo prop with 3500 total time.

I know this question has been asked many time before but I have spent the last 2 hours going through the search engine and cannot find much information on the Easyjet interview process, some people kindly answered the people asking the question by sending them a PM. I would be most thankfull if you could take 5 minutes out of your time to advise me on what to expect and what Easyjet ask at these assessment days either on the forum or a PM.

Many thanks in advance.

For people wondering when I applied to Easyjet and how long I have had to wait for a reply, it's been around 5 months.

Cheers Stone Cold. :cool:

Morpheme
10th Nov 2004, 13:35
There is a standard psychometric test (435 questions) followed by a tech questionnaire - all the questions are lifted straight out of the Cathay Pacific book.

Then you do a group exercise (you have to build stuff using a box of large coloured tubes).

Then you have either the interview or a logic test - the interview is pretty standard stuff from an HR bod followed by a tech/flying section with a training capt. (all very standard jet/swept wing etc type questions.)

The logic test is where you have several sets of cards with different bits of info on it, then you have to use the info given to fill in the blank spaces on the cards. It's pretty straightforward if you organise the card sets properly.

Then you find out if you are going to the sim the next day!

Good luck pal - just keep smiling no matter what!

Stone Cold
10th Nov 2004, 14:19
Thanks for the reply mate, very imformative.

Many thanks :ok:

Francesco82
18th Mar 2005, 14:57
Hello guys,
Is easy website the only way to send applications for their direct entry scheme? Or is there any useful phone numer or email?

Thanx very much for help :)

The Greaser
19th Mar 2005, 10:07
Website only.

Good luck.

chuckyaeger
4th Jun 2005, 10:51
Hi there can anyway point me in the right direction of obtaining some notes or links on the easyjet interview.

Thanks

Chuck

rhythm method
8th Jun 2005, 01:51
Chuck,

get hold of the 'preparing for the Cathay interview' book. Learn the tech exam. Study what you can of 'Handling the big jets' specifically swept wings, dutch roll, yaw dampers, etc

rm

smith
8th Jun 2005, 12:52
There were two easy's in the circuit at PIK yesterday, 1x737 and 1xA319.

Looked up in envy at them going round and round!

chuckyaeger
14th Jun 2005, 15:30
Thanks rm. can you tell me a little about the cpacity test and group excercise? much appreciated......chuck

rhythm method
15th Jun 2005, 22:18
Chuck

Check your PMs

mscar
18th Jul 2005, 16:35
Hello

The Easyjet Sponsorship scheme 'seems' to be a fair sponsorship
for those searching for a way to become a pilot officer starting from scratch.
Are there any forum members out there that are in the process of ,or have completed this scheme and if so,would you be willing to tap out your opinion of it?

Best Regards

mscar

gipilot
9th Sep 2005, 20:57
Dear guys,
I'm new on this forum and was just wondering. I have applied to Easyjet a while ago via the net. And after a few days I got a automated message stating that I was succesfully selected to another stage, and that they will contact me for the assesment days.

Also I've been informed that it's like a holding pool and whenever they started recruiting they will call. Of course I know I'm in that pool together with 900 other people or even more, but I was wondering if easyjet is recruiting at the moment?

And if someone knew how long it usually takes for them to contact u back for the dates. Also does anybody know if there is a book or something to help u with the recruitments by Easyjet? Or if one of u guys have tips on this matter.

I'd really appreciate them, thank you guys.

acrobat
17th Sep 2005, 09:04
Dear PPruners,

I am new to this site, and I would like to hear from you all your views on which of the 2 companies to join if you had the choice and why?
could you also shed some light on the 1st day of in the interview process in easyjet? Perf A questions? technical questions?
I have read the threads for Ryanair and it seems pretty straight forward.
Comparing the 2 companies, where do you think that command would be achieved first, or more easily?
Thank you all

coolfalcon
26th Sep 2005, 16:15
Hi everyone,

I am having an interview with Easyjet coming soon and i would like to know if someone had attended one recently.
By that i mean if there was anything new in what they were asking in relation to everything that has been written in PPRUNE about the subject.
thank you

serp
1st Oct 2005, 15:13
Hello all,

I've been searching for easyjet interview experiences and am not having the best of luck....if anyone has any suggestions on where to look, could you please, kindly, point me in the right direction....(help!)

Most of what I have found has been from PPRuNe, (thanks!)
I've just ordered a few books, also suggested here, but if anyone has any new info whatsoever, it would be SOO appriciated...

serp

mcand
4th Oct 2005, 12:16
Would'nt it be great to have a choice!

I know a couple of easyjet pilots and they sound a pretty ok company to work for. where as i've heard not nice about ryanair as far as working for them is concerned.

Probably get command quicker with ryanair, four years in some cases.

Piltdown Man
4th Oct 2005, 18:42
Speaking as the casual observer: EasyJet. I don't like the way that Mick the Gyp runs his outfit. Come his retirement, I'd also suggest that the shareholders will lose faith, thus making already tenous employment unbearable.

scroggs
4th Oct 2005, 20:00
The place to look to get this kind of information is in Terms and Endearments, where experienced pilots discuss their jobs. You're unlikely to find anyone within Wannabes who has the information you need - with the possible exception of WWW, who's away on his honeymoon.

Scroggs

lov2fly
6th Oct 2005, 20:28
Hello Rolf, oh sorry SERP..

It's interesting to see a swiss(air) pilot looking for a job to easyJet. Do you know that a lot of Ex-crossair Pilot are working in this nice company? Are you so sure you will be able to manage a good CRM with an Ex-crossair on the left side? Or do you really believe you will have a direct astronaut left seat? I'm sure you do, if I'm looking your four-letter code.. Ha, ha.. so naive, the next time you should take a nickname..
Regarding the CRM you may already start a contact with those remaining CCC guys in the ZRH-OPS...

Concerning the test I have all paper and information but I suggest you to ask you nice union Aeropers..

See you in ZRH ... or in Easyland...:ok: I will enjoy to work with you..

;)

northernbloke
21st Oct 2005, 12:05
Hello,

is it just me that's having trouble in submitting any section on the said form.....eg......fill in a section, press submit....and nothing happens!....have contacted bond, ( not 007), to no avail........

ta

S**t rolls down hill:ugh:

Danou_71
25th Oct 2005, 07:37
:E :E :E :p :p :} :} ROTFL :8 :8

D_71

Danny_manchester
4th Nov 2005, 19:45
Hi, i am currently an A level students doing Chemistry Mathematics biology and Psychology, and am wondering how hard it actualy is to be considerd for such a course? I mean lots of people say that having a PPL will not affect ones chances in such a scheme, if that is the case, what would make me more favourble than other candidates? i could really do with some info on the best way to get accepted onto such a course.

thanks people! :D (y)

Danny

Lord Daddy Flash
4th Nov 2005, 21:14
Danny,

Take a look at the 'CTC - who got through?' thread, the posts by mo90 and myself should answer things for you.

Otherwise, do some searching around the site for stuff on CTC, but don't believe anyone saying it's cr@p ;) , it's awesome....

All the very best to you,

LDF

Bluebat_CZ
5th Nov 2005, 10:38
Hello,
I have an EasyJet assessment coming up - can anyone, please, give me any tips on what I sould expect? What sort of tests you have to pass? Any info on what is the fail-rate for 1500+ hrs (on 737) pilot-applicants? I'm applying for a direct-entry FO position.

Thanks for any info

Betaranger
5th Nov 2005, 13:00
Try to do a search on this forum and that should give you all the details, loads of threads on easy interviews.

herecomesthebride
8th Nov 2005, 14:18
hey everybody,
just wondering if anyone attended an easy assessment recently,an interview questions you can remember would be greatly appreciated....
thanks in advance
bk

wessexairways
9th Jan 2006, 15:31
Just wondering how much others have written in the section :-

Why do you want to join easyJet.

Are they after a complete CV or a few slick lines?

WA

CChalmersBrown
9th Jan 2006, 15:50
Hi

I applied to easyJet yesterday and that one stumped me too. I just put a few lines about reputation and that I wanted a company that were willing to help me progress with my career. I mean most of the resons are pretty obvious I would have thought due to the detail of the other questions!

Hope that helps, I also hope it helps me get the job too!

Chris

adm100
10th Jan 2006, 00:28
Hopefully by the end of April 2006 I will graduate from an Integrated course with 250hrs CPL/Multi/IR/MCC. After spending the last year wondering if I’ve made a smart move in parting with £60K, and have therefore been looking closely at airlines that would consider taking on a pilot like myself. I am especially interested in working for EasyJet. I just wondered if anyone knows what steps I should take if I wanted to work for them. After looking at their website, all their application forms seem to be geared around pilots with min 500hrs Multi-crew. All I seem to gather from the site is that you have to go to another training provider (I think it’s CTC) to do a JOT and MCC course. Does anyone have any further info on this, it would be much appreciated.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
10th Jan 2006, 09:11
You are quite correct. Unless things have changed EasyJet use CTC as a provider for low houred pilots, therefore when you have your licence and ratings issued, make an application to them.

ramshorn
10th Jan 2006, 10:41
Hi
Try doing a google search for CTC!?
I think it is called there ATP course?If it is not called this they definately do take on fATPL's with under 500 hours and, then do (another!)MCC, and jet handling course then if your successful there they will put you through the type rating for 737NG.
They also do self sponsored type rating scheme.Not sure wether this is cash up front or if your bonded for 5 years etc?Maybe someone else knows??
:rolleyes: ;)

HLadefoged
12th Jan 2006, 19:04
Hi there,

Does anyone of you kind people have any infomation on the technical questionnaire at the easyJet assement? I would be happy for any infor i.e. sample questions, topics covered number of questions....

Kind regards,

Henrik

pindakaas
12th Jan 2006, 21:01
You should buy this book:

Ace the technical pilot interview

Then study these pages:

10 11 19 23 24 48 49 189 195 120 121 192 191 201 81 66 73 74 75 76 77
186 204 205 62 69 217 188 187 185 212 213 152 78 79 15 16 37 30 31 36 41 254 till 259 319 154 155 260 261 262 263 267 232 233 234 272 289 290 277 278 302
311 312

Good luck

40 questions in 30 minutes. A B or C

The Flying Cokeman
13th Jan 2006, 12:06
Hey DEF,
Howzit going when are you going for the interview ?

Mojn, (RUS)

imac67
16th Jan 2006, 10:51
forget easyjet do a corporate jet rating ,challenger citation etc and get a job quicker...

zedex7rrrrrrr
16th Jan 2006, 11:25
forget easyjet do a corporate jet rating ,challenger citation etc and get a job quicker...

What planet are you on?

imac67
16th Jan 2006, 11:30
i take you dont agree with that?

zedex7rrrrrrr
16th Jan 2006, 11:54
No I don't, however if you can prove me wrong, I'll apologise! You seemed to have blurted out some random pish but if you have some substance to your argument, I would genuinely love to hear it.

In the states it seems quite common to work your way up through instructing and then to splash out on a biz jet rating. I personally know 2 guys (both American citizens) who did this and now fly a Falcon and a Citation.

In the UK, I have never known of any 250 hour guys to take this option. If it has ever worked, I am almost certain that those people would have been known personally by the operator and promised a job before doing a TR. Biz jet operators take experienced crews only.

To fund a rating at the experience levels that this guy has, then you're better off pointing him in the direction of a 737 or A320.

I can't understand why Easyjet would be anyone's first choice but if it is, then get in touch with CTC. (And do a search...)

Blinkz
16th Jan 2006, 14:43
I can't understand why Easyjet would be anyone's first choice but if it is, then get in touch with CTC. (And do a search...)

maybe he likes orange? :cool: :8

Sphinx
16th Jan 2006, 16:16
Don't set your sights on one operator straight out of training - you are asking for disappointment. Apply to anyone and everyone to get that first job. If you do want to go for EJ then look at CTC, but remember other airlines also take people from there, e.g. Monarch.

Also it would be cheaper for you if you could get a turboprop job first, then move to someone who pays for your jet type-rating. Plus it's damn good experience. Look at Flybe, BA Citiexpress (or whatever they are now) and Eastern amongst others for TP opportunities.

imac67
16th Jan 2006, 18:42
No I don't, however if you can prove me wrong, I'll apologise! You seemed to have blurted out some random pish but if you have some substance to your argument, I would genuinely love to hear it.

In the states it seems quite common to work your way up through instructing and then to splash out on a biz jet rating. I personally know 2 guys (both American citizens) who did this and now fly a Falcon and a Citation.

In the UK, I have never known of any 250 hour guys to take this option. If it has ever worked, I am almost certain that those people would have been known personally by the operator and promised a job before doing a TR. Biz jet operators take experienced crews only.

To fund a rating at the experience levels that this guy has, then you're better off pointing him in the direction of a 737 or A320.

I can't understand why Easyjet would be anyone's first choice but if it is, then get in touch with CTC. (And do a search...) This is the advice i got, my mate drives a 604 and is confident that after gaining an FAA ATP and 250hrs pay for my own TR a right hand seat is a real possibility, may be a case of not what you know....i,ll let you know upon my return from Florida;)

low n' slow
16th Jan 2006, 22:07
This is the advice i got, my mate drives a 604 and is confident that after gaining an FAA ATP and 250hrs pay for my own TR a right hand seat is a real possibility, may be a case of not what you know....i,ll let you know upon my return from Florida;)
But isn't that on the other side of the planet from where EJ is operating?
It's a whole different ballgame over there than in europe. However, one thing to consider is the fact that a few bizjet-operators in europe fly with N-reg planes and are in dire need of FAA certified pilots. Look at grafair for example. I reccon they've got jobs to spare but very few are qualified to fly for them.
regards/ LnS

hixton
17th Jan 2006, 16:28
An FAA ATP and 250 hrs.
Do you know about the requirements for FAA licences?

Lightheart
19th Jan 2006, 02:55
You cannot take the FAA ATP exam until you have 1500 TT.

G-SPOTs Lost
19th Jan 2006, 18:44
How may A320 operators in the UK??

How Many Bizjets?????????

Do the math!

waffles
21st Jan 2006, 21:00
In the UK, if you want a job, FORGET BIZJETS - no bizjet operator will offer you a job with low hours in UK !!!

CTC is probably your best option unless you are willing to get MCC/CRM etc and apply to all airlines, then wait ! Problem is, CTC is fairly expensive.

CTC have a scheme called the ATP scheme - basically, if you get accepted on to it (V stringent application procedure), you do MCC, CRM and get about 30 hrs in 737 sim. during this or just after, you'd be 'placed' with an airline with whom you'll get your type rating and commercial experience. CTC set a period of 6 months during which you're 'on-line' with an airline. After this, the airline will most likely offer you a permanent contract (No one has not been offered a full contract to date).

If you graduate from the CTC course, you get a job - 100% so far !
I believe it's been running for nearly a decade as well !

If you want to increase your opportunities and insist on going your own way, get eith er a 737 or A320 type rating. You'll not go bigger on low hours and they are the most common type.

Many operators recruit in some form or another on to one of these types through out UK !

For example, myself, now flying 737s due to CTC, mate starting with BA 737s, another mate A420 with BA, 3 to Easyjet o 737s (due to A319 orders, all 3 now booked on A319 courses therefore 2 ratings in less than 6 months), 757 monarch (through CTC), Thomsonfly/Britannia 757/737 etc. etc.

757s are starting to move out or go freight only - give that type a miss !

Basically - go to CTC, if unsuccessful, get 737 rating (both classic and NG if poss).

Good Luck

waffles
21st Jan 2006, 23:43
First of all, there really is no need for such hostility !

Many operators in the uk are beginning to replace 757 fleets with airbus aircraft or (in the case of thomsonfly), slowly trading for 737s. The 757 is not an aircraft with a long future in passenger travel ... in my view (and many captains within my company) !

Additionally, my post was written in an attempt to help someone looking for a first job. There is not a single airline worldwide that will recruit a low-hour (240-270 hr) pilot and put them straight on to a 767 (which appears to be half your argument). Yes, some do recruit for the 757 but if doing a type rating with the aim of leaving as many options open as possible, the 757 would be nearly as bad as a type rating for a tupelov in the UK!!! I only know of 2 operators that recruit direct to 757 for low-hr pilots and both of those airlines only do so through approved training schemes !

In reference to your comment about the 757/767 rating, a 757 rating is not automatically a 767 rating. I am assumming from your name that you are possibly a 757 pilot and therefore you will know this but for both to be 'useable', differences training is required in addition to line training on BOTH types. One does not count for the other. If you were paying for your own type rating, would you pay for the extra if there was no chance of it being needed/useful whilst in the position of a low-hr pilot ?

If responding, please try to make a constructive critism/responce rather than spit out random crap !

757manipulator
22nd Jan 2006, 11:09
Many operators in the uk are beginning to replace 757 fleets with airbus aircraft or (in the case of thomsonfly), slowly trading for 737s. The 757 is not an aircraft with a long future in passenger travel ... in my view (and many captains within my company) !
Not everyone is going to work for Thomsonfly :hmm:
Yes, some do recruit for the 757 but if doing a type rating with the aim of leaving as many options open as possible, the 757 would be nearly as bad as a type rating for a tupelov in the UK!!! I only know of 2 operators that recruit direct to 757 for low-hr pilots and both of those airlines only do so through approved training schemes !

Then plainly you know dont know a great deal:ok:
If responding, please try to make a constructive critism/responce rather than spit out random crap !
Small point conceed, however there is nothing that Ive posted that isnt untrue.
One other point that is glaringly obvious whenever this arguement arises, is that a lot of Brit wanabee airline pilots seem to want a job on there own back doorstep, when plainly this aint the case:hmm: I personally know of 5 airlines that operate 757's in VARIOUS capacities that would take a good low timer with a 757 T/R:ok:
Oh and one last thing..have a look at my profile, a 757 T/R IS considered a 767 T/R have a look on your license, there is only a requirement for a systems differences course (ala 737 classic vs NG) but there is no specific Sim detail required. In my case I flew the 757 for 500 hrs or so, and now fly both, the LPC/OPC is carried out in either the 757 or 767 sim config.

scroggs
22nd Jan 2006, 11:22
Small point conceed, however there is nothing that Ive posted that isnt untrue.

If you are going to spout hostility and abuse on this forum (your earlier post has been deleted), you would do well to leave no hostages to fortune. Take the phrase I've quoted. Is that what you really meant? If you wish to be regarded as a credible commentator, you need to pay more attention to both what you say and how you say it!

Scroggs

757manipulator
22nd Jan 2006, 11:27
Scroggs check your PMs please:)

Also feel free to post the message on your thread.

As for my last response, perhaps the amendedment, "the bulk of what I have posted is true..i.e everything save the last word" may be appropriate

scroggs
22nd Jan 2006, 11:36
Yes - as discussed! Remember, you always have the option of returning once sober to edit your posts. Posting after alcohol is always fraught with danger!

Scroggs

waffles
22nd Jan 2006, 17:26
I do not wish to argue. The point is to provide HELPFUL information to a newcomer !

To clear up some of this:

I did say that my comments about the 757 future were views/opinions held by myself/others within my company - I did not say they were simple fact ! However looking at current statistics, there are some operators realeasing 757s from operations but few adding 757s to their inventory.

It would be helpful to know who the 5 operators are that you DO KNOW OF recruiting low-hr 757/767 pilots who having trained through an approved scheme !

Finally, I did not say that additional sim training was required for the dual 757/767 rating. I merely said that there was additional training involved. Training which must be paid for by someone wether that be i a classroom or in a simulator.
I understand that (in my case - 737 classic/NG) if you get a rating on one type, the other is automatically put on the license. However, a differences course is required (for 737 this includes sim details) and additional line training is required befoire the full priviledges of both types can be exerised.
The currency training to keep the types current is another matter altogether.

Just to emphasize the point of this post (inc. replys):
A low-hr pilot looking for work !
Therefore, replys should usually contain helpful information that may help. NOT abuse or vague critism of someone else's response ! If you do feel you must critisize, provide your own evidence !

SORRY ABOUT THE DIVERSION FROM THE ORIGINAL TOPIC ADM100. I HOPE SOME OF IT HAS ACTUALLY HELPED.

757manipulator
22nd Jan 2006, 22:14
did say that my comments about the 757 future were views/opinions held by myself/others within my company - I did not say they were simple fact ! However looking at current statistics, there are some operators realeasing 757s from operations but few adding 757s to their inventory.
Well said, point eloquently made, I agree entirely:)
Finally, I did not say that additional sim training was required for the dual 757/767 rating. I merely said that there was additional training involved. Training which must be paid for by someone wether that be i a classroom or in a simulator.

Not the impression the post gave, however on the strength of your previous comments it is now clear.
It would be helpful to know who the 5 operators are that you DO KNOW OF recruiting low-hr 757/767 pilots who having trained through an approved scheme
All the information is available via the internet, a couple of phonecalls, a little research and a little networking will yield all you need to know. What I will say is this, 3 of the operators are in Asia, 1 in Europe, and 1 in the Middle East. To the best of my knowledge the 3 operators in Asia have taken around 12 low timers in the last month on the 757:ok:
Probably more to the point on this is that there is presently a real shortage of 757 people to operate second tier charter/cargo Ops. As with anything however you pay your money and you take your chances..why though be just another person with an A320/737 type on your license when the industry is so short of 757 drivers? (and its easier to fly than a 737!:ok: )
I do hope this has been informative:)

Scroggs...my tea tastes good

Aerofoil
10th Apr 2006, 21:27
Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone had any idea of how many first officers Easyjet will require by the end of this year?

Many thanks

Foil

Aerofoil
12th Apr 2006, 11:50
Can anyone give me some sort of idea on this? Maybe some Easyjet employees?

Many thanks

Foil

king rooney
14th Apr 2006, 21:41
As far as I know they're gonna need around 1000 or so, as they have big expansion plans.

JT8
14th Apr 2006, 23:27
I don't know for sure but rumour is we are 100 short at present. Plenty leaving and expansion ongoing.

Jimmy The Big Greek
15th Apr 2006, 06:08
I hope thay they will lower their requirements. I have heard from an very reliable person that they are going to open a base in Greece. Actually they are going to buy one part of the terminal at Spata, Athens

c_jephcott
15th Apr 2006, 08:50
Also, having just looked on the Oxford Website, there appear to be 7 OAT graduates who have now joined Easyjet.

So I would fully concur that the expansion plans are quite large, as I thought that Easy would only look at the CTC grads beforehand.

captwannabe
15th Apr 2006, 09:19
As far as I know they're gonna need around 1000 or so, as they have big expansion plans.

1,000 pilots? Over how many years?

Think they'll keep the CTC scheme going if a lot of the cadets are leaving?

Reverand Lovejoy
15th Apr 2006, 09:39
Superpilot,

I think there is an element of truth to this and it will be interesting to see what CTC do about it. When I was having my stage 3 day I had lunch with a few guys on the course and this very subject came up. We were discussing the bond and how it works and they said that the bond was between them and the bank, not bonding them to an airline specifically. This seemed different to what I was told at stage 2 whereby I would be bonded to Easy or whoever for 7 years. Essentially the CTC guys can move around between airlines as and when they see fit but they will then be responsable for the loan repayments. This obviously puts them in a predicament where they will only leave their initial airline after so many hours so they can then enter the next airline directly, not on a cadet wage. The way things are going there is nothing stopping cadets going through CTC, getting placed with Easy or another loco, building hours and doing one to BA after the 500 hours are acheived. This is certainly happening and I'm sure it wont be long before a clause is underwritten to stop using easy as a stepping stone because it wont be long before CTC get a bad name. I just hope it doesn't happen soon coz I'm still going through the CTC process.

Any one out there actually done this? I.e started with easy and moved to BA after very few hours?

The Reverand:ok:

Buter
15th Apr 2006, 10:10
Can only speak for Luton base, but you would be hard pressed to find any cadet or ATP FO's with greater than 500 hours that aren't waiting for a course date, sim check or interview with BA. Brand new TRSS FO's are also on their way out the door, taking their type rating and debt with them.

The issue is with easyJet, not CTC. Until conditions are vastly improved, all flight crew, from day 1 cadet to training captains will be leaving for companies that offer a better lifestyle (notice lifestyle being the issue, not pay).

Not sure that anything could be written into the contracts to keep cadets from leaving. You are applying to CTC, not easy. As a cadet or ATP, you are placed with an airline. You couldn't lock someone into easy for 7 years while someone placed with Tommyfly or Monarch was free after six months.

Best wishes

Buter

JT8
15th Apr 2006, 11:20
I can second the fact that I have met many cadets who are off to BA after being with easy for around a year or less.

I do not know the exact payscales for cadets but for myself (ex ATP scheme) I am financially better off staying put bearing in mind command in another 2 years approx. That is over the short term ofcourse (5-7 years).

Do not get sucked into the hype of oxford guys getting into easy. They have done so through ctc or gecat. If the latter, they have paid 20k on top of oxfords absurd prices. However, the demand is such that they are looking at gecat because ctc can't supply enough cadets now.
So yes, the requirements are lowering. I would not be surprised if for this reason gecat are now asking for integrated graduates only.

There will always be people leaving for BA or those who want longhaul once they have the experience. However many people are leaving the company because of rostering and lifestyle issues. As a wannabe however easy is honestly one of the best airlines you could join. 2 years with easy and your career options will be fantastic.

BitMoreRightRudder
15th Apr 2006, 13:31
As has been mentioned, the issue with cadets leaving doesn't reflect badly on CTC, quite the opposite as I imagine the gents down at Dibden are quietly pleased their 'product' is being snapped up by BA - albeit via a different route than they perhaps envisaged when starting the scheme.

The bottom line is none of us regard Easy as a career airline, not when faced with 40 plus years (in the case of an ex-cadet) of the current roster pattern, annual leave and pension scheme. It might sound like an ungrateful moan and it is to an extent but once training ends and the job begins you start to look at things a bit differently from the days when you simply aspired to sit in the RHS. BA is seen as somewhere you could work AND have a semblence of a life long term - grass is always greener and all that.

I think part of the problem is that the scheme was introduced at a time when jobs were scarce and easy will have arranged their cadet terms and conditions accordingly with the attitude that cadets would be grateful of the opportunity afforded to them and would have little opportunity to look elsewhere for employment. These days, recruitment wise, times are good and it is natural (to an extent) that at the moment there is a lot of movement to airlines such as BA. History suggests a downturn will arrive at some point in the future and when it does you can bet BA and others will stop recruiting us sprogs and all of a sudden easy will have very little trouble in retaining low hour new entrants.

There is a strong demand for new entrants at easy - rumours abound that recruitment days and interview sessions are constantly undersubscribed and current pilots are still leaving. Plenty of captains flying with captains at my base which goes down like a turd encased in concrete. The exact numbers I don't think anyone can be sure of but new aircraft keep arriving

king rooney
15th Apr 2006, 14:40
Sorry all, I said 1000 pilots, meant 100! Hit an extra 0 by mistake.

BitMoreRightRudder
16th Apr 2006, 13:08
For the benefit of the guys who were interested in pilot numbers required asked at work today and we are 100 -150 short for the summer. Flights being cancelled because of lack of crews.

ROSCO328
16th Apr 2006, 13:34
Could you ask also what experience Easy are looking for?:confused:

goodwxpilot
16th Apr 2006, 14:19
Regarding Easyjet, are they maybe expanding too quickly? Perhaps they should slow down for a while as obviously pilot supply cannot meet demand!

BitMoreRightRudder
16th Apr 2006, 20:53
Rosco they are asking for 500 hours multi-crew I think - it is on the easyjet website. Even if you are under that it might be worth a try. If we really are that short of crew then it's going to be an interesting summer.:ugh:

A good time to be in the job hunt though, lets hope it continues for a while.

ROSCO328
16th Apr 2006, 21:05
Yeah had a good read of requirments, got over double that on efis turbo prop so was just curious incase anything had changed.Thanks mate.:)

BitMoreRightRudder
16th Apr 2006, 21:12
They will snap your hand off! Good luck:ok:

ROSCO328
16th Apr 2006, 21:20
Thanks sent application 3 weeks ago and nothing. Not 2 worry :ouch:

scroggs
17th Apr 2006, 10:10
Keep it on track, folks. Any further debate about CTC (or any other school) will be removed from this thread, as have all the OT posts so far.

Scroggs

Clipperpan
17th Apr 2006, 17:44
Thanks sent application 3 weeks ago and nothing. Not 2 worry :ouch:

I sended my application 11 weeks ago and...
...I'm a little bit worry :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

:confused: :bored: :ugh: :{

ROSCO328
17th Apr 2006, 19:37
Bugger that mate I will be on the phone next week!! Yes or No is all I need to know.:\

BitMoreRightRudder
17th Apr 2006, 19:48
Lads I will see if I can find out what the average delay is in responding at work tomorrow, should be some management about after they all had their easter weekend off. I'll try my best to remeber anyway (day 5 of earlies).

Which reminds me I'd better go to bed:zzz:

ROSCO328
17th Apr 2006, 21:53
That would be great if you could. Cheers :)

zooloflyer
18th Apr 2006, 06:57
Is this about application for Easy through ATP?

BitMoreRightRudder
19th Apr 2006, 17:26
Sorry guys coudn't get much info regarding how long it normally takes to get a response from recruitment. Looks like it varies quite a bit depending on how many applications come in. If it is any help there was a guy on my TR course who hadn't yet unfrozen his ATPL and was flying 748s' so going from that ROSCO I would be suprised if you didn't hear back with the type and quality of hours you have on EFIS TPs. Maybe worth a call like you said.

Good Luck again!

ScandiAviator
19th Apr 2006, 20:05
Hi ROSCO
I applied in the beginning of december with just over 500 multi crew hours TP and easyJet replied only a few days after that I was put on a hold list and would be contacted for assesment when a relevant date was available. I had the assesment in February.

Maybe they are just busy?:hmm:

ROSCO328
19th Apr 2006, 20:45
Gents thank you very much for your info its's very much appreciated. A cold one awaits you if we ever meet.:)

Buter
20th Apr 2006, 22:03
BMRR - Would have taken your mate quite a while to unfreeze his ATPL if he was on the 748.;)

BitMoreRightRudder
20th Apr 2006, 22:10
I'll tell him that, he reckons flying that thing round europe at night was a lot more fun than watching the automatics do it for you.

Strange bloke:D

727Man
22nd Apr 2006, 20:38
Anyone who works for easyjet know how to get my CV noticed besides filling in the online application? I am an exB727FE with lots of time and a Frozen JAA ATPL. got an email address of the CP?

Boxfile
23rd Apr 2006, 20:52
easy HR are notoriously bad at responding to applications - a joke considering they are crying out for suitable FO's.

If you have the required experience (500 multi crew hours MIN - doubt your F/E hours count) you will get a response eventually. Applications are all done online - they chuck away CVs that are sent to them.

If you don't have the required minimum I wouldn't bother wasting your time filling out the application as the system is designed to recognise that you don't meet their min requirements.

Gone are the days where a 'mate' could get you in. It's all HR now...

Norman Stanley Fletcher
24th Apr 2006, 00:19
You need to understand that easyJet receives literally hundreds of applications and, being 'low cost', has a small team of only about 4 people who receive, review and collate all applications. On top of that job, which is frankly a vast task in itself, these 4 people liaise with every single pilot who is to be interviewed, run recruitment days each week and then sort out contracts for all successful applicants. They are a tiny team with a massive job. They simply do not have time to talk out the merits of every single application and inevitably there is a slight element of luck as to who gets interviewed and who does not. Clearly they will jump at type-rated applicants first when it comes to offering interviews. Interestingly enough, despite the widely-publicised shortage of pilots at easyJet, they know no embarrassment at turning down type-rated applicants who do not impress them at the assessment day.

It is not strictly true to say that a 'mate' cannot get you in. There is a formalised procedure at easyJet known as the 'Recommend a Friend Scheme' whereby you can put forward a 'suitable' colleague or friend from outside the company and they are guaranteed an early review of their application. There are, however, limitations to the scheme in that the absolute minimum experience easyJet will look at you with is 500 hours multi-crew pilot time. The only exception to that is the Cadet scheme whereby CTC fleece both cadet and easyJet by providing sharp young people, who take on a huge loan to be trained in New Zealand, and then leave easyJet after a year or 18 months to join BA! If you are not a CTC cadet and you do not have those 500 hours multi-crew pilot hours you will not get an interview. As was stated previously, there is no method available to apply other than online - if you send a paper CV it will go straight in the bin. Hard rules - but that is the way it is.

scroggs
24th Apr 2006, 10:42
NSF, why did you delete 4 attempts to write that post? Do you realise that you can edit - or even rewrite - your post without losing it? Just curious, is all!

Scroggs

WX Man
24th Apr 2006, 19:13
'Tis true. I had/have an extremely good connection to EZY recruitment (if you're reading this, H (or L or A) hi to you all :)... weather up here in Scotland leaving a lot to be desired!) and even that person couldn't get me an interview.

PaddyAir it is then. I love the comment on the RYR thread: beggars can't be choosers, but they can be users!!!!

Norman Stanley Fletcher
24th Apr 2006, 21:32
Scroggs - it is the way I do it! There are many ways to skin a cat and this is how I do it. One day I will get it right first time and won't have to.

Katie0904
27th Apr 2006, 18:18
Hey - iv got a date for the easyjet assesment n i was wonderin if any1 knew what it was lyk?

newbie008
27th Apr 2006, 18:42
well they will probably want to use sentences and spell correctly..:ugh:

Katie0904
27th Apr 2006, 19:07
ok sorry. I have an assesment date and I was wondering if anyone knew what it is like? better? But don't worry now as I have found a whole big section that tells me what i need to know:)

T668BFJ
27th Apr 2006, 19:07
Best of luck with the assesment.

Katie0904
27th Apr 2006, 19:09
awww thank you very much - i'm really nervous though! but fingers crossed

NDB
27th Apr 2006, 21:52
Anyone in the know about GECAT selections? For a very orange airline!

Where? Which sims are used? Who's on the Interview Board?:ok:

Cheers

NDB

speedrestriction
27th Apr 2006, 23:29
Does NDB have an interview? ....:}

EGNP
28th Apr 2006, 08:32
Hi, I have an assessment with GECAT next week for the orange ones.
any one got any advice?

I know some people did it yesterday, and a few are in today as well.

SpiralStability
30th Apr 2006, 12:57
Hi, The GECAT assessment consists of a sim check, interview and aptitude tests - the sim check will be in whatever sim is available, but most likely a Boeing (so 737 or 757) - done by two assessors, either GECAT instructors/management of sometimes an external line pilot (ie from one of their clients like First Choice...). Its nothing to worry about, they are there to make an honest assessment of your flying ability - departure, tracking into a VOR, steep turns, radar vectored ILS to land.

Following success in the sim check, you get invited back for interviews, COMPASS tests, and other aptitude testing, although I understand that the main emphasis is on the sim check...the second stage is more of a 'health check'.

Out of interest, did you get this through Oxford?

Good luck!

SBAB
1st May 2006, 07:53
Is it the same COMPASS test desgined by EPST and used also by Oxford. Has anybody applied by themself at GECAT, not via a school like OAT?

EGNP
1st May 2006, 10:55
Spiral,

Thanx for the advice, it matches with what i have heard from others so its re-assuring, and yes i was put forward by OAT, i was on the APP program.

NDB
1st May 2006, 13:11
Through OAT..

But, Modular all the way!

Good luck to all.

SpiralStability
2nd May 2006, 09:48
Good luck to both of you! I did the assessment early march, and tomorrow I am heading to Copenhagen for my base training! Very excited :D There's four of us on the B733, starting at Luton on the 23rd. Hope to see you on the line!

zcar
2nd May 2006, 15:15
Scroggs old chap, you have too much time on your hands at the moment!!

scroggs
2nd May 2006, 16:39
Not at all - but I can still see all of the prototype posts. Being a Mod has its downside!

Scroggs

dxbpilot
25th May 2006, 22:40
Hi i've heard that Easyjet has recently employed 15 graduates from Oxford Aviation, just wondering how the interview was ? and how many of these graduates were modular students if any ?

congrats to all these new F/O's !

cheers

speedrestriction
25th May 2006, 23:35
I feel a headache coming on.....:\

dxbpilot
26th May 2006, 02:06
hey thanks for your informative and helpful answer.

i am not trying to spark any modular vs intergrated debate !
just a simple ques.

cheers

ramshorn
26th May 2006, 06:49
Oxford only do Integrated courses. As far as i know, they are just starting to do mod training now, which they have some special name for?! However this has only started within the last few months so i can pretty positively say that any cadets who have been recruited recently would have been via ther integrated route.;)

Rudedog
26th May 2006, 07:00
Don't want to spark the modular-integrated debate and sorry to hijack the thread but Oxford have run modular courses ever since I was there in 2002. Maybe even before then.
On the original topic I am surprised that Easy have taken straight out of training. They must have lowered their threshold requirement.
RD

november.sierra
26th May 2006, 07:01
ramshorn, not true!! I know a few of those recently taken and a good few were modular Oxford students, before the Waypoint scheme came in.

potkettleblack
26th May 2006, 07:52
Oxford not doing modular is one of those funny aviation myths that seem to go around every now and then. In their hey day when Oxford was filled with BA, BMI, Aer Lingus and Middle East cadets they tended to play down modular and the marketing department would actively state that doing modular would harm your job chances. Then came along 9/11 and it all changed. No more cadets and guess who they targeted? Yep the good ole modular student. BAE/FTE had a similar approach and seem to operate a modular scheme whenever the integrated numbers are down. That's why sometimes they aren't interested in taking you on just for the CPL/IR whereas other times in the year they will be only to happy for your money.

scroggs
26th May 2006, 09:00
On the original topic I am surprised that Easy have taken straight out of training. They must have lowered their threshold requirement.
RD
EaasyJet have been taking ab-initio pilots ever since they began their scheme with CTC. That's about 3 years.

Scroggs

Craggenmore
26th May 2006, 09:04
The majority of the latest successful CTC ATP candidates, who are starting their A320 conversion courses in June, were modular trained.

On speed on profile
26th May 2006, 09:16
So If Easy are taking Oxford low hour pilots, and CTC cadets and people who do the CTC ACQ course (or whatever its called), why do they still stipulate 500 multi crew as a min requirement on their website. Would it be fair to assume they dont think the low timers will stick around long enough to occupy the LHS??
What is the point behind all this OAT recruitment when there are more experienced people lining up at their door?

Why pass up people with 1000+ hours in preference to OAT pilots?

They are going to have to go through the same process for selection.

scroggs
26th May 2006, 09:46
The majority of the latest successful CTC ATP candidates, who are starting their A320 conversion courses in June, were modular trained.

All of them were modular trained! CTC is a 'stuctured modular' FTO; it does not do integrated courses.

OSOP I think you'll find that the requirements on the website are for direct-entry FOs. EasyJet (and other airlines) take new hires at a variety of levels of experience, right up to direct-entry captains. Their relationship with CTC was always intended (as far as I am aware) to provide the majority, but not the totality, of their new pilots. EZ's expansion has probably outstripped the pilot requirements postulated at the time the CTC deal was sealed, and thus they are widening the net. I very much doubt you'll find that EZ will accept applications from current or recently-graduated students, but instead they will accept recommendations from certain schools.

Scroggs

ChocksAwayUK
26th May 2006, 09:50
That's true of those who have come through the 'Cadet' Ab-initio route, Scroggs.

However there is also the ATP scheme that takes on those who already have a 'Frozen' ATPL and put's them on the AQC 'Bridging' course and subsequent type-rating and line training. So of course they could have got their fATPL anywhere.

Charley
26th May 2006, 09:50
I suspect that what Crags meant was that those guys who joined the Wings scheme at the ATP stage (i.e. those already holding CPL/IRs) did so having completed their training prior to CTC in a modular fashion.

Clearly the Wings Cadets (i.e. the ab initio entrants) all go through modular training, as Scroggs said.

Craggenmore
26th May 2006, 09:51
I suspect that what Crags meant was that those guys who joined the Wings scheme at the ATP stage (i.e. those already holding CPL/IRs) did so having completed their training prior to CTC in a modular fashion.

Correct.:ok:

scroggs
26th May 2006, 09:52
OK - sorry! I should have read more closely. I didn't spot the ATP reference!

Scroggs

J Lieber
26th May 2006, 10:00
With regards to Oxford students going to Easy, these are students that have gone via the Gecat scheme (this relationship between Oxford and Gecat has been discussed on another thread).

ChocksAwayUK
26th May 2006, 10:05
Sad state of affairs when you pay ridiculous amounts for an integrated course in the hope you'll get a job that you then have to pay GECAT 18K for a type-rating.

BitMoreRightRudder
26th May 2006, 11:13
Good news that the oxford guys are getting jobs at easy. CTC are unable to meet the demand at the moment - easy have taken on contract F/Os to cover the deficit over the summer. I didn't realise Oxford had a link with GECAT!

On speed on profile
26th May 2006, 11:35
OSOP I think you'll find that the requirements on the website are for direct-entry FOs.

That exactly is what I am talking about. The question I was asking was why does Easy feel the need to stipulate a 500 multi crew minimum for Direct Entry f/o's and not for their other F/Os. They do the same job and will both cost the same as each other. Direct entry f/os still have to sign the SSTR bond.

If Easy are going to lower the bar to accept OAT students then whats the point of having a bar. All OAT do is say... " J. Bloggs passed our course!." How is that different to anyone else with an FATPL, they train for the same thing. I would be suprised if all the people OAT recommend have passed absolutely all their tests and exams first time with high marks so whats the benefit over someone who has ? Everyone does the same qualification.

Do remember, that to qualifiy as a direct entry type rated pilot you need 500 hours on type. Otherwise its 500 multi crew to apply through Easy jet or less than that to apply through the CTC course. A direct entry pilot is really a bit misleading as you still have to do the SSTR and have the £23K bond!

Maybe Easy just cant be bothered finding their own good and more experienced candidates. I cant see the commercial benefit for them.

OSOP

scroggs
26th May 2006, 12:01
Remember, the ideal new pilot for any airline is a 21 year old who comes with 100,000 accident-free flying hours on the exact type they fly, takes no salary, and indemnifies the company against any and all risks. As that animal doesn't exist, EZ (and any large company) will seek to eliminate as much risk as it feels it can, while balancing the needs of the company for fresh blood.

Ez's pilots sourced through the CTC schemes have been trained to their specifications. They are concerned, presumably, to get people who are to a similar standard when they recruit from elsewhere. To take newly-qualified fATPLs from just anywhere makes it difficult (read: time-consuming) for EZ to research an applicant's background and increases the perceived financial risk to EZ. If they contract with OAT (or whoever) to provide a number of fATPL graduates, you can bet EZ will be sharing that risk with the school concerned. Specifying DE F/Os with 500 multi-crew hours is another way of mitigating that risk.

EZ (or Ryanair, or BA or whoever) are not in the business of new-pilot philanthropy! These are large companies with huge buying power - and that includes buying people. They will set the bar as high as they think they can get away with. The corollary is that successful applicants can hopefully enjoy a worthwhile career with these companies.

Scroggs

On speed on profile
26th May 2006, 12:27
Yip...............

Oh well. At least its good news for the OAT students.

149pax
26th May 2006, 18:40
I'm one of 3 modular guys from OAT through GECAT just starting line training with easyJet, we're all on the 737. According to OAT website, EZY has taken 17 graduates from OAT, both through CTC and GECAT.

WX Man
28th May 2006, 16:19
Personally I don't think they would. But that's only my opinion. I have an extremely good contact at EZY recruitment, and she said that 500 hour multi crew was an absolute absolute absolute, can't get around it for love, drugs, sex, rock 'n' roll, and money minimum for anyone not coming via CTC (or GECAT, it would appear).

FWIW I know of a couple of guys who have gone straight through CTC, not done the AQC course (just quick sim assessment) and been sucked up by EZY straight onto A320/73 courses.

Flippin' sad day if EZY are taking people direct from Oxford, bypassing CTC. That would really, really, really make my blood boil to find that out- question is, I can't see why a 250h Oxford "graduate"* is better than a 250h Airways Flight Training/BCFT/Stapleford/Ravenair/Aeros etc ex student.

WX Man (Introducer of cats amongst pigeons since 1997.)

*"graduate" in quotes because graduates come from university, not flying schools.

On speed on profile
28th May 2006, 16:53
I can't see why a 250h Oxford "graduate"* is better than a 250h Airways Flight Training/BCFT/Stapleford/Ravenair/Aeros etc ex student.

My point exactly. It makes the 500 multi crew requirement redundant because when asked, I and many others can prove first time passes, high exam marks, flying ability, blah blah blah! The only difference is we dont have an OAT letter. OAT students arent any better than the rest of us, and OAT is not a TRTO so why dont easy put on their application form details of first time passes!

Is it just me or can I sense a bubble about to burst big time, some where soon!

haughtney1
28th May 2006, 16:59
Do I smell double standards in UK aviation???

Flippin' sad day if EZY are taking people direct from Oxford, bypassing CTC. That would really, really, really make my blood boil to find that out- question is, I can't see why a 250h Oxford "graduate"* is better than a 250h Airways Flight Training/BCFT/Stapleford/Ravenair/Aeros etc ex student.

Oh well life aint fair I guess:)