PDA

View Full Version : easyJet (merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

On speed on profile
28th May 2006, 20:08
future captain,

You said OAT "A tough and intense course". Its no tougher or more intense than a modular course or any other integrated course! They train you for EXACTLY the same license. That is the point we are trying to make!

Deano777
28th May 2006, 20:31
future captain,

You said OAT "A tough and intense course". Its no tougher or more intense than a modular course or any other integrated course! They train you for EXACTLY the same license. That is the point we are trying to make!

Well said that man

future captain
28th May 2006, 21:25
future captain,

I never said the modular route or any other intergrated route was a p***. If one decides to go to oxford i say good for them, you can't stop anyone from going, but the prices i have to say are no where near down to earth, but some people are willing to pay this price, others are not. What ever happens modular students etc can all find jobs aswell.

TurboJ
28th May 2006, 21:48
its a tough and intense course

Try doing your tough and intense course, in your own time, using all your annual leave and time off, whilst trying to run a family and pay the mortgage ! That is tough and intense !!

OAT integrated students have approx 150hrs flying and 80 hrs simulator. They produce nothing different to any other UK flight school. A blue book at the end of the course.

It would appear that going the Oxford route also includes recommendation to airlines. I have heard a lot of arrogance from OAT students who feel they almost deserve jobs at the end of their courses. Even those spoilt for choice as to whether to go Boeing or Airbus !

Some feel that the UK major airlines are the only people worth getting jobs with. This, IMHO is a great shame, because there a lot of flying roles in aviation apart from flying big airliners.

In my current role, all the new F/Os are modular, early 30s, below 500hrs total time, flying shiny jets at FL410. There are jobs, keep flying and network hard.

JT8
28th May 2006, 22:10
The only way to get into easy as a low hour FO was via CTC. You either do the wings scheme (which is indeed a modular course) or what used to be called the ATP scheme (where you have a fATPL and then apply to CTC).

I heard a few weeks back, that some people from the SSTR scheme at Gecat were taken on. I am fairly sure the fact that some of these students went to OAT has very little to do with it. Understand that easy has been using CTC's ATP scheme for many years and these people may have trained anywhere.

Please don't fall for the marketing hype. There's nothing clever about spending 20k on top of OATS fees for a job :ugh:

MrHorgy: Apologies! Edited!

MrHorgy
28th May 2006, 22:11
Due to the extreme shortage of FO's at easy we are now taking some people from the SSTR scheme at Gecat.

Interesting, i've got an email off GECAT that said they were oversubscribed and so weren't taking people off their own backs!

Horgy

jd8
29th May 2006, 05:58
Good on ya if you made off the OAT course. Or CTC for that matter. It's funny reading how some guys over there complain about not getting jet jobs. Try being here in NZ where 1200hrs will get you on a turboprop and you won't see the inside of a jet before you have 2000hrs plus!

I guess you can at least say if you get on a jet here your pilot isn't inexperienced.

You guys don't know how lucky you are!

:cool:

Wee Weasley Welshman
29th May 2006, 07:30
I've mentioned this before but it bears repeating.

There is essentially no difference in the training you get at a large FTO such as Jerez and OATS compared to a small FTO such as Bristol or PAT. The lessons are the same, the exams identical, the flight tests identical. I know, I've been a flying instructor of both Modular and Integrated at both small and large FTOs.

In many operational and practical ways I believe you get a better product at a smaller FTO. At all the large schools you will feel like you are in a sausage machine, that management are remote, that the sponsored students get preferential treatment, that 'your' aircraft gets nicked too often and that 'your' instructor is not 'yours' as often as you'd like.

So why go to a more expensive large FTO? One reason.

When the airline hiring market it tight things get frantic in the recruitment departments of airlines. It is happening RIGHT NOW. At this point they need two dozen cadets on a type rating course starting yesterday. They don't have the time nor inclination to place ads in Flight, read applications, interview, aptitude test then make offers.

What they do instead is phone the Head Of Training at places like OATS, Jerez, Cabair, CTC and say "we need you best 12 cadets who could be on a type rating course this afternoon". That is why large FTO's have Heads Of Training - they don't actually do much other than act as a link between school and airline. Nice work if you can get it.

At this time the extra cost of being at such a large FTO pays off. You might be one of the names put forward by the HoT. Bingo - bypass years of job hunting and working your way up the ladder and procede directly to the RHS of a big comfy jet.

So essentially it's a bit of a gamble going to a large prestigous expensive FTO. Your course may have graduated 3 months too early for that frantic phone call from the airline recruiters. Or not be ready for another 6 weeks. Or maybe they don't put your name forward because you fluffed a flight test or got drunk at the Christmas party and threw up on the CFI's wifes shoes.

So don't think school X is 'better' than school 'Y' and never ever think there is a direct realtionship between cost and quality. There is not.

Also do not also be lulled into thinking that nearly every person who pays the money and goes to a large FTO will get a jet job. There are hundreds every year going through them and here we are talking about EZY taking 24.

As an aside. The market is booming and now is a brilliant time to be getting qualified. Jobs are never easy to find but it is easier now than for a long time. The market is also now much bigger than during the last boom in 2000. Both Ryanair and EZY now stand with a fleet of over a 100 aircraft each with delivery rates in double digits every year for the next few years. Lots of people are moving around different employers as they are nearly all expanding or planning to. India and China are coming on stream and will prove a powerful magnet for experienced people to leave these shores and go contracting. Both Boeing and Airbus have full order books for the next 6 years and both bizjets and helicopters are exploding with work.

Good luck,

Donandar
29th May 2006, 16:57
I just find it interesting that some of these guys getting jobs with Easy are modular chaps from Oxford - obviously good news for the modular side of things!

Superpilot
30th May 2006, 12:00
Maybe this was a lucky break for those Modular Waypoint students that felt they were being betrayed when it came to employment support? If so, then I think this is a very temporary measure due to EZY's current shortage. Why EZY went for the GECAT/OATs option is due to several reasons, that can be summed up by asking:

"Who's sleeping with who?"

BitMoreRightRudder
30th May 2006, 13:36
It's like WWW says guys. I don't think there is an element of favouratism in the choice of OAT/GECAT. Easy are having to cancel flights because they simply don't have the sufficient crews to operate the summer schedule - for the management beancounters that is seriously bad news. They have gone to an FTO with a big name that carries a reputation because they need bodies, and quickly. Like it or not Oxford has a well marketed name and product that carries credibility, purely on the basis that it has provided low hours people to airlines in the past and still does. That is part of the reason you pay over the odds to train there. I'm not saying Oxford is better than PAT or anywhere else, but airlines are never very trusting when it comes to the recruitment of us inexperienced people. As for the guys who got the gig - right place right time, good luck to them.

MrHorgy
1st Jun 2006, 15:03
Easy are having to cancel flights because they simply don't have the sufficient crews to operate the summer schedule - for the management beancounters that is seriously bad news.

Then one has to wonder why they don't take CV applications from other students who will goto GECAT with a confirmed job offer from them! Problem solved.

Horgy

Wee Weasley Welshman
2nd Jun 2006, 07:18
Low time cadets require extra training. Trainers are in short supply so there is a limit on how many cadets can be recruited. Hence they may no longer be interested in further low time cadet pilots. Which is perhaps why they are organising for experienced Quantas pilots to come and work for EZY for a year as they are not terribly needed in Oz.

If you all took your eyes off the prize of a Boeing/Airbus you'd find that there are plenty of regional turboprop jobs out there.

Cheers

MrHorgy
2nd Jun 2006, 08:49
I'd love to fly anything tbh - WWW if you get a chance maybe you could PM me in the right direction..

Horgy

Superpilot
2nd Jun 2006, 09:24
WWW,

None right now. The best TP opportunity I've seen in the last 6 months was for an airline (North East Europe) looking for a D328 Type rated FO, no experience on type necessary. Otherwise requirements seem to be around the 500-1000 hour on type mark.

On speed on profile
2nd Jun 2006, 09:36
If you all took your eyes off the prize of a Boeing/Airbus you'd find that there are plenty of regional turboprop jobs out there
That may be true WWW but none of them are employing the huge numbers that they would like to fill the huge gaps because there are limited TRIs to train them. This is the case in the three of the major TP operators in the UK at the moment. There maybe lots of "positions" available but if you cant get trained there isnt a "job" so everyones chances of getting on a jet are just as great as getting on the turbos at the moment! Imagine if one of the companies had actually had some foresight, freed up some sim slots and trained up more CRIs. They would be creaming the market at the moment by expanding into the places where the other competitors dont have the capacity. Instead they are lamenting the missed opportunities as the TRIs take up the better jobs in the jet market! :ugh:

no sponsor
2nd Jun 2006, 10:34
... you'd find that there are plenty of regional turboprop jobs out there.
Cheers

If only that were true:hmm:

ChocksAwayUK
2nd Jun 2006, 10:48
I spent 6 months pestering every turboprop operator with absolutely zilch response. Jets on the other hand...within a month of applying have got through one selection and am halfway through another.

Wee Weasley Welshman
2nd Jun 2006, 14:31
Hmmm, well I can't help but notice that I am flying with an awful lot of FO's lately that have come off ATRs. Someone must be replacing them..

I agree thought that all the EXPANSION in recent years has been in the jet market.

Good luck,

Jenson Button
2nd Jun 2006, 15:10
With the demise of Air Wales and Emerald over the last month or so, there are a large number of TP pilots slotting into those "jet" jobs, whilst it doesn't take rocket science to appreciate that those vacant TP jobs have gone ....perhaps forever.

I'm pretty sure Loggy, Aurigny, Eastern (or is it now Western) Airways, Scotty; to name but a few TP operators who will be crying out for staff over the next few months if they are not already doing so !!!

I would not be so quick to be beating a door to Easy, with the huge training backlog they have - it must be close to the scale of Ryanairs training backlog ?

On speed on profile
2nd Jun 2006, 17:41
WWW,

Many of those pilots who are coming from ATRs are being replaced by pilots who wish to self fund their own type rating on the ATR. That doesnt mean there are jobs for the majority of pilots, just those willing to take on more debt!

Griffon_PMI
21st Jul 2006, 19:04
Hello everybody!

As you probably knows, Menzies is opening bases in Spain. They offer me a place in the ground staff, as dispatcher, and I want to know if working for them is an advantage when applying for Easy as pilot.

Is easier be selected in the CTC wings program or similar ones when having this kind of ground experience?

Thanks a lot from PMI!

Sorry for the duplicate post in the Ops forum, but no responses there.

ducati1980
22nd Jul 2006, 01:39
Hi Griffon,

I answer unfortunatley is NO! There is no benefit to being an easyJet/Menzies employee unless you have the required experience as stated on there website. 500hrs multi-crew or 737/309 type + 500 hrs!

There's quite a few guys in easy with f-ATPL's who have been employed for a few years with them and they still arn't looked at in any diiferent light.

EGCC4284
22nd Jul 2006, 08:46
That's right, rumour has it that easy would rather cancel flights or sub them out. They want to wake up and smell the coffee like another British Charter company has recently done. Your recruitment policy is no good as there are plenty of good guys out here who cant even apply to their SSTR scheme because we have not got the 500 multi crew time. Its a joke.

Your recruitment department said that they would never look at anyone with less than 500 hours multi crew time. Yes I also remember another company that would not look at anyone over 30 for a SFO position but that has recently change.

By the way, this other British charter company is inviting lots of 30 and 40 year old with minimum hours for their selection process

I got told of a 43 year being offered a job with them last week with minimum hours.

Let me put it this way, if someone had 500 hours on a Dash with another 2 years bond to run, why would they want to pay that bond off and then another 20 grand to you for his type rating. Why don't they just sit it out for a year or so and try and get a job with someone who isn't going to want them to pay for there type rating and not be paid whilst getting it.

Wake up easy, your suppose to be leaders and yet you seem to have your heads in the sand like MOL, BA mainline, Monarch and many many more.

If anyone at easyjet would like to chat about it to me, get in touch, PM me and I'll call you myself. May even pop down for tea and biscuits.

Would anyone else like to comment.

Joe_Bar
22nd Jul 2006, 09:46
Hi EGCC4284

Do you care to tell which other charter company is hiring 'oldies'.
PM is fine.

Thanks
JB

Griffon_PMI
25th Jul 2006, 01:32
Thanks for your answers.

There are better jobs than Menzies in Ops.... although there are no posibilities to be hired as a pilot to. :(

Thanks another time.

captaintrigger
28th Jul 2006, 09:46
I worked for EasyJet for over 8 years in a variety of different roles.

I must say they were excellent at giving me time off to do my Pilots Licence but when it came to giving me a job they were not interested in the slightest.

I even offered to pay them for the type rating as long as they gave me a job at the end of it. They said NO. its not there policy!! which is absolute B++++cks. During my time there i didn't have one sick day and progressed up the ranks.

I was told to go and work for another airline on a similar type for 6 months and then come back to them.

So, some other airline puts there faith in me by taking a new low houred pilot and then 6 months later when i am no risk...easy wants me back

Wake Up Easyjet!!!!!!! Your Missing out on some Bloody good people here!!!

So my friend the answer is NO!!!

CT

CAT3C AUTOLAND
28th Jul 2006, 14:09
Hi all,

Has anyone applied to EasyJet after they advertised in Flight?

I noticed on the information regarding TRSS it states the scheme is designed for pilots who don't have any commercial experience but hold a frozen ATPL. It then goes on, to allow you to apply online. However, if you read the FAQ, the answer to 'what qualifications do I need?' it comes up with 500 multi crew etc, with time on medium heavy jets, which contradicts itself?

Any thoughts, or have I missed somthing? :ugh:

CaptainProp
28th Jul 2006, 14:22
I think you will need 500 multi crew at the moment....Then again, I recomended a friend with about 2000 hrs multicrew and 3000 hrs total time..."We are sorry to inform you that bla bla bla":confused:
Not even an interview....and he had another guy recomending him as well....:uhoh:

Good luck!!

/CP

sicky
28th Jul 2006, 14:22
Hi all,

Has anyone applied to EasyJet after they advertised in Flight?

I noticed on the information regarding TRSS it states the scheme is designed for pilots who don't have any commercial experience but hold a frozen ATPL. It then goes on, to allow you to apply online. However, if you read the FAQ, the answer to 'what qualifications do I need?' it comes up with 500 multi crew etc, with time on medium heavy jets, which contradicts itself?

Any thoughts, or have I missed somthing? :ugh:

SSTR can be pilots coming from other places, such as turbo-prop, where they will have gained some multi-crew experience but will still need a type rating onto, for example, a 737

CAT3C AUTOLAND
28th Jul 2006, 18:27
Sicky,

I appreciate that, however the website clearly states that the scheme is designed for guys with no commercial experience, it just contradicts itself.

Captain, there just seems to be no logic, will resort to :ugh: again :).

Longchop
4th Aug 2006, 19:10
I have an interview coming up with Easyjet. Can anybody tell me what the best book is to help me prepare for my Tech test??

I seem to recall someone saying that the Cathay Pacific book is good....

Cheers

planecrazy.eu
4th Aug 2006, 19:45
Having never been to an Interview i cant help, but i have read through two of the Cathay Interview books and can see most questions can be turned around to other airlines. 747 Questions are obviously no good to Easy Jet, but i am sure they can be converted to A320 and 737 questions.

I have noticed there are other Generic interview books around on the net for Airline interviews. But all these cost ££, the Cathay books are short of £50.

I think the whole Aviation Training and Employment thing is a big circle of seen how much money they can take you for. I dont think i am speaking out of line as the Airline industry is not the only industry that has high training costs, but most other industrys pay for this training. And when i was thinking of becoming an IT Pro, I got loads and loads of PDF downloads with interviews tips, etc. And most IT interviews have a technical element just like the airline ones.

The mould needs to be broken, people who take theses interviews need to post or write a good article of what the interview was like, and some of the questions that they can remember.

The Flying Cokeman
4th Aug 2006, 19:57
Longchop,

Read the Cathay book, and the Ace pilot interview book by Gary Bristow and learn them inside out and you will be very well prepared for the written test and the technical interview.

Good luck. :ok:
TFCM

first_solo
15th Aug 2006, 18:32
Once you have filled in the complete application 'program' (=form) and all the items are checked for ok, do you have to print the form and sent it to them, or do the automatically receive a message that you have finished the form?

SmilingKnifed
15th Aug 2006, 19:48
It's all online mate. Results have been varied as to whether it's accepted or rejected. Identical forms have had different results based on the website's whim.

Best of luck:ok:

first_solo
15th Aug 2006, 20:19
So there are different ways Easyjet handles these formes.
Possible to give me the faxnumber? :rolleyes:

Craggenmore
16th Aug 2006, 10:32
CAT3C AUTOLAND,

TRSS - Joining easyJet without medium/heavy multi-crew commercial jet experience.) If you hold a licence but have no commercial experience on a medium/heavy jet, you could qualify for entry under our Type Rating Sponsorship Scheme.
I finished my TR with easyJet last month. On my course we had all three types of entrants. DEP's who came from medium jets, TRSS's who came from turbo-props, and the rest were split between CTC ATP candidates (including a couple of flying instructors) and CTC Wings cadets. It was exactly as the web-site states.

Hope this helps.

rduarte
17th Aug 2006, 13:28
I think you will need 500 multi crew at the moment....Then again, I recomended a friend with about 2000 hrs multicrew and 3000 hrs total time..."We are sorry to inform you that bla bla bla":confused:
Not even an interview....and he had another guy recomending him as well....:uhoh:
Good luck!!
/CP

I got the same answear,even I have 2600 TT with 1600 jet wide body.:{ :confused:

DoPilot
23rd Aug 2006, 12:29
... for type-rated FOs on type B737 and A320 to 50 on type!

invisiblemoon
23rd Aug 2006, 12:49
What are your sources ? The website still states they prefer 500 h on type within the last five years for type rated pilots.

ICING AOA
23rd Aug 2006, 12:54
yes the website is updated !

As far as I have understood, the minimum for F/Os is still 500 hours JAR25 and then 2 options:

* A320 or B737 type rated with at least 50 hours on type. Obviously no Bond.

or

* No type rated on A320 nor B737: TRSS scheme with a 5 years bond :rolleyes:

BIG MISTER
23rd Aug 2006, 12:54
Its correct, and the site apprears to have been updated now......

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_boeing_airbus_rated.html

This makes spending that extra £30K even more tempting !

But I guess it also shows that the pool of 1500+ hours pilots is drying up and maybe the light at the end of the tunnel is a little brighter for 2007 !!!! :ok:

invisiblemoon
23rd Aug 2006, 12:59
When you proceed to the application you don't need the 500 hours when type rated... you just have to confirm you've got 50 on type.
Did I miss something ?

BIG MISTER
23rd Aug 2006, 13:03
I dont read it like that, but I could be wrong ! :ugh:

Heres the next step on the webpage and no 500 hr requirements......

https://www.adapthr.com/easyjet/website/preregpilot.asp?jtype=P&un=&emailmatch=True&ps=DEP

ICING AOA
23rd Aug 2006, 13:09
Big Mister,

I am affraid it is still "clearly" mentioned :

Direct Entry Co-Pilots need a minimum of 500 hours multi-crew commercial experience on any medium to heavy jet.

500 hours JAR25 is the very strict minimum, that is why they cannot lower it.

BIG MISTER
23rd Aug 2006, 13:15
True but we are not talking about those guys we are talking about Type rated pilots.

The website isnt much help at the next layer of the application.

Have a click on any of the 3 options available and they list all the 'basic requirements' as the same......

Dear Mr Easyjet

You might consider the need to clear that up a bit or EasyJet will be faced with a lot of time wasting applications ?

invisiblemoon
23rd Aug 2006, 13:16
Proceed with the application form and then it is clearly stated that type rated pilots only need 50 hours.

It's worth a try if you're type rated in my opinion.

ICING AOA
23rd Aug 2006, 13:48
:} I agree this website is a mess !!!

However, It is clear :

Direct Entry Pilots (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_boeing_airbus_rated.html) (for pilots wishing to join easyJet with multi-crew, commercial experience on ANY medium/heavy jet)
(http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_boeing_airbus_rated.html)TRSS (Type Rated Sponsorship Scheme) (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_typeratingsponsorshipscheme.html) (for pilots wishing to join easyJet with multi-crew commercial experience, ranging from medium/heavy turboprop or multi-crew rotary to light jet or military background (heavy transport, fast jet or multi crew rotary)
(http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_boeing_airbus_rated.html)Cadet (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_cadet.html) (for pilots wishing to join easyJet with little or no flying experience)
(http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_boeing_airbus_rated.html)

Type rated guys (with at least 50 hours on type) are considered as Direct entry Pilots.

When you click on Direct entry Pilots, you have 2 options: Captain or Copilots.

*Direct Entry Captains need a minimum of 3,000 factored hours total and a minimum of 500 factored hours in command of a medium to heavy commercial jet (current command).

*Direct Entry Co-Pilots need a minimum of 500 hours multi-crew commercial experience on any medium to heavy jet.

(Note that it is mentionned 500 hours on Jet and not on Turboprop)

dartagnan
23rd Aug 2006, 17:17
probably a typo, why not 5 h????

Jannik23
23rd Aug 2006, 19:45
Well I heard the rumour from a pilot within Ezy last weekend that they were lowering their requirements so dont think its a typo

Jannik

Cutoff
24th Aug 2006, 08:51
I do not think that some of you read thoroughly enough. Cos it also states on the introduction page, FACTORED HOURS, that if you multiply your Turbine/Multicrew/Airline hours by 0.7 (0.8 for command) these can be counted as the 500, so about 750 needed on TP to have the necessary Easy 500hrs on a medium to heavy jet. Therefore you can direct entry with turboprop hours, in fact a good friend of mine has done just this.

You are not going to get direct entry with only a type rating and 50 hours and no multicrew / airline and only the minimum SP hours gained whilst training for the fATPL.

chrispatrickGA
26th Aug 2006, 19:09
How long to wait when you received that email from EZY?

Dear....

Thank you for your recent application for the role of Pilot.

We are pleased to inform you that, after careful consideration, you have successfully progressed to the next stage of our recruitment process.

Your name has been added to our hold list and you will be contacted once a relevant assessment date becomes available.

Please note however that, as our Pilot requirements on both fleets are highly changeable, impacting directly the entry streams we are able to offer, we are unfortunately unable to give an exact timeframe for invitation to assessment.

Thank you once again for your interest in easyJet and hope to be contacting you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

TurboJ
26th Aug 2006, 19:58
The Easyjet website is not very clear.

I am not type rated and do not have 500hrs multi crew experience. So I looked at the TRSS scheme which says its for those without multicrew airline experience.

However, further down the page on the list of requirements for the TRSS scheme it says I need, min 1500hrs, 500hrs multi crew ??

Is it clear to anyone else?

V2andSOME
27th Aug 2006, 10:56
When submitting the application I got a "Your Application has been submitted", though one is supposed to get an acknowledgement within 24 hours, 24 had passed a few days ago so i re-submitted, now just gonna wait, has anyone elso experienced this before i write to their tech dept?

V2 achooo

dartagnan
27th Aug 2006, 13:15
could someone give them a call???

chrispatrickGA
27th Aug 2006, 17:23
v2ANDSOME i RECEIVED THAT REPLIED i JUST PUBLISHED BEFORE 24 HOURS after filled in their application form.
If it can help you...:bored:

V2andSOME
28th Aug 2006, 20:08
ChrispatrickGA,

Thanks For the reply,

V2:ok:

dartagnan
3rd Sep 2006, 20:26
I have updated my cv on line, and the page says" experience of 50 hours"

this is all good!

onwardsandupwards
5th Sep 2006, 18:30
Are EZY still bonding non TR pilots for circa £20K?

airamerica
5th Sep 2006, 18:58
DFO,500 hours min MULTI CREW,yea, dash8, ATR etc yea, then, if typed min 50 on type.What's so difffficult.

ChocksAwayUK
5th Sep 2006, 20:24
It looks that way but just so unlikely... why 50?! 2 or 300 hours would be a much more useful amount of experience and they'd still get more than enough decent applicants.

Anyone actually asked them yet? Surprised we don't had a a definitive answer!

EGBKFLYER
6th Sep 2006, 08:32
See today's thread on T&E - TRSS for direct entry is being dropped. I reckon because they are beginning to have trouble finding the numbers they need. Watch the website for further developments which may affect us wannabes...

dartagnan
6th Sep 2006, 10:59
this mean that we don' t have to pay a t/rating anymore ...unless we have a serious job proposition.

this market is going to change very rapidly in our favor.
Easyjet asks now for t/r +50 hours. This means many pilots coming from LCC like wizzair, vueling,...will move to easy jet after 1-3 months for a better pay.

these empty seats will need pilots, and they will be forced to reduce their minimum requirement to 750h or even 500h total time.OR BOND PILOTS TO FORCE THEM TO STAY!!!!

I know that LCC needs hundred of pilots for 2007. Easyjet:over 400, vueling:100, Clickair:100-200(not sure), wizzair:50-100, ryanair :100-200(not sure), airberlin, BMI baby, first choice, etc etc,...

ChocksAwayUK
6th Sep 2006, 13:47
According to EZ's recent recruitment announcements the 50 hour on type requirement is to allow them to tap into the market of pilots who pay for ratings and line training.

Fancy Navigator
7th Sep 2006, 07:04
According to EZ's recent recruitment announcements the 50 hour on type requirement is to allow them to tap into the market of pilots who pay for ratings and line training.

I think it seems pretty obvious..... They are not doing it to please you, guys.... This will only encourage people paying for their TR and pay for a bit of line training.
:D ;)

Wee Weasley Welshman
7th Sep 2006, 07:41
EZY require 450 new pilots next year in addition to the 350 this year. Those are huge numbers.

Wherever you are in the foodchain these sorts of numbers can only have a positive effect. Ryanair have a slightly smaller but similar recruitment need. Then factor in all the other airlines plus the growing attraction of experienced pilots leaving Europe to go contracting in more exotic climes.

The good times are well and truly back.

I remember the industry being all of a flutter because BA needed 250 new pilots a year in 1998/99.. Competition for jobs will be fierce. Nevertheless the sheer sapping misery of there being No Movement will be gone.

Good luck,

ChocksAwayUK
7th Sep 2006, 09:12
I think it seems pretty obvious..... They are not doing it to please you, guys.... This will only encourage people paying for their TR and pay for a bit of line training.
:D ;)

Yup, just repeating their statement for the benefit of this thread. Hopefully the influx through this stream will be minimal adding little encouragement to other potential Type Rating self-funders. I imagine EZ would rather recruit through their more reliable streams though would still like to have this side of the market open to them in this time of expansion. (I don't mean any negative feeling towards those that have pursued this route, just wouldn't like to see it encouraged!)

VFE
7th Sep 2006, 15:00
And think what the requirements will be lowered to when not enough f/ATPL's are paying for a TR....

Time to be smart and unite together methinks.

But we're job seeking pilots so there's no question of that! :ugh:

Now more than ever: Do not pay for your Type Rating

VFE.

dartagnan
7th Sep 2006, 20:14
to all airlines,

I am a commercial pilot with a JAA license.
I will stay longer than 50hours if you pay me a t/rating and good money.

If you dont , I will move to Easy Jet after 2-3 weeks.
Of course, I wont tell you during the interview and I wont show up to get my flight the third week.(try to get somebody else, I doubt you will find any available pilot)

Please send me your condition, so I can start to make my own list...
and don't forget my 300 euro for your interview:p

VFE
7th Sep 2006, 21:19
and don't forget my 300 euro for your interview
A CFI recently told me at interview that he wouldn't charge me for a check flight with his company in a manner which suggested I should be grateful for this fact. :hmm:

The most important attribute in aviation?

A sense of humour.

VFE.

papazulu
10th Sep 2006, 13:59
Just reporting this, surely most of you had read it already:

Sep 06. Latest advertising in Flight International does not mention any hours limit for application. They quote 'we would be pleased to hear from any with the right motivation.' PILOT RECRUITMENT OPEN DAY - Hilton Hotel, Copenhagen Airport on MONDAY 25 SEPTEMBER from1100 -1500.

Does it make sense or is it just misunderstanding of the new 50 hrs reqs? I wonder if anyone is planning to get there and see what happens. Ii I had the cash I would do it myself and start the pan-EU new frontier of knocking door...! Expensive but must be fun.

:ok: PZ

Colibris
12th Sep 2006, 18:02
Hi,

I've heard that you only need 50 hrs if you are rated, but 50 hrs after the line check. Which means roughly 120 hrs. Just because you're not considered as fully rated before the line check.

tanneddarling
13th Sep 2006, 02:30
anyone else on here going for the interview?

european champion
23rd Sep 2006, 02:16
Anyone going to the Easyjet open recruitment day in Copenhagen?Any ideas what would it be like,what should someone expect?
I would appreciate any feedback from people who go to Easyjet that date.
Good luck to you all.

Bobs-Your-Uncle
23rd Sep 2006, 08:46
i would imagine the conversation willl go something like this:

EJ: hello
Me: hi
EJ: how many hours do you have
Me: 300
EJ: do you have a type rating
Me: no
EJ: can you pay for your own
Me: no, sorry can't afford it
EJ: well go away and come back when you have

FI 21
24th Sep 2006, 16:01
Hello, i am fron Spain and i am very interested in know When the open recruitment day of easy jet in Copenhagen is.
Thank you very much and best regards!

SinBin
26th Sep 2006, 09:24
I read their website:
' If you are interested in joining us as a co-pilot and already hold a licence, but only have limited commercial aviation experience, you could qualify for entry under our Type Rating Sponsorship Scheme.

You will appreciate that we need to ensure that you are properly prepared to be a member of our professional team (our training standards are high), so we may require that you undergo an Advanced Handling Course to prepare you for the Type Rating Training.

Our basic requirements are as follows:

Air Transport Pilots Licence (or frozen ATPL)(UK and JAA)

Class 1 Medical

The ability to work and reside in the EU or Switzerland depending on your base preference

Under 60 years of age (our current retirement age is 60 due to European airspace regulations) '

Well I meet these requirements, so i filled out the form and today the response was:
Your answers to the initial screening questions have been reviewed but unfortunately you do not appear to have met our minimum entry requirements and your application will therefore not be progressed further at this time

So who knows! They need to be clear on their website I think!

CaptainProp
26th Sep 2006, 09:36
Well, without having the nr´s in my head Im pretty sure that the message has been clear in recent road showes/adds - MIN 500 hrs multi crew on jet/medium/heavy turboprop...As I understand it we still have quite a few very experienced pilots applying (AND being rejected:confused: ) and therefore we will not take anything less then this. Hope this helps you guys trying to get your names in there for an interview..

Good luck! :ok:
/CP

CaptainProp
26th Sep 2006, 09:37
Hello, i am fron Spain and i am very interested in know When the open recruitment day of easy jet in Copenhagen is.
Thank you very much and best regards!
Think it was yesterday....
/CP

Funkie
26th Sep 2006, 09:50
From what I can read into on their website, I would suggest that the TRSS scheme is for those who have commercial experience, but not on a jet – ie a TP.

SinBin, from a look at your profile and I assume it is up to date, I can’t see how you (like me) meet these requirements.

If you look further down the page on Easy’s webpage it says the following:

What qualifications do I need?
You must hold a JAA or UK frozen/unfrozen ATPL and MCC and have a minimum total experience of 1,500 hours including a minimum of 500 hours multi-crew commercial experience ranging from medium/heavy turboprop to medium/heavy jets or military background (heavy transport, fast jet or multi crew rotary).

- There is absolutely no doubt in my mind as to the type of pilot this scheme applies to.

Guys and gals with shiny new licenses that feel the need to try and get a job on a nice shiny jet should be applying through CTC for their AQC/MCC and you would join at cadet level - (cadet level I assume from the EJ website as it doesn’t clearly say).

SinBin
26th Sep 2006, 11:27
May i refer you to this link:

https://www.adapthr.com/easyjet/website/home.asp

which is on their recruitment pages, and then click on the bottom button.

There is NO mention of the hours you speak of!

Funkie
26th Sep 2006, 12:59
SinBin,

I'd hesitate a guess at the words "limited commercial aviation experience" suggesting more than a just a CPL and IR, something along the lines of TP experience. Also, you quoted previously their Basic Requirements, which are just that - basic!

The following link will take you to the TRSS page or Easy's website, the hour requirements are detailed there under frequently asked questions. EasyJet TRSS Webpage (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_typeratingsponsorshipscheme.html)

If you have a look on the following page, it details their requirements for pilots with <500hrs. Easyjet Current Requirements (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_ourcurrentrequirements.html)

It's just the way it is. Like or lump it as they say....

Best of luck!

SinBin
26th Sep 2006, 14:02
Well we plod on!! Now on 12 applications in total, 1 taking interest, 3 knockbacks and 9 wandering around cyberspace somewhere!! I'd hate to be someone just out of a full time course with no job, at least I have a well paid job in the meantime! Happy hunting guys!

no sponsor
23rd Nov 2006, 10:51
I was on a recent advanced handling course at CTC, and there were four EZY guys on the course with me.

The course lasts 5 days, and there are 16 hrs in a fixed base 737-300 or 737-800 sim. No auto-pilot or auto-throttle is allowed for any of the flying. It is a fairly relaxed affair, just try and learn the SOPs they send to you before you get there. A session or two on the cardboard bomber after the first detail should get you in swing of things to learn the checks and SOPs to a good standard.

The instructors were good, alhough there are some differences between them. The final detail seemed to either be another training session, but some instructors preferred to have no training input and treated the last session as a check-ride.

You can read your report after each detail, and you are marked as either Normal+, Normal, Slow, Review. Don't get any ticks in the review box, the slow is a 'kick up the arse' and a normal is good enough to pass. Make sure the ticks are all in the normal box at the last detail.

michaelknight
28th Nov 2006, 09:53
Can somone point me to the link on Easy's website with the table that has the factored hours in it. I can't find it! :ugh:

MK

phillipsmw
28th Nov 2006, 10:38
Try this
http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_ourcurrentrequirements.html

wings level
30th Nov 2006, 22:10
How does the advanced handling course work? What is covered in the groundschool? What does the sim cover, typical profiles etc? What is the success fail rate. Generally any info would be welcome.

andreas20001
7th Dec 2006, 12:19
Hi All!

Hi im going on an Easyjet interview the 25th of January 2007. I really want that job so if anyone who has made the tests can give some pointers please continue this thread.

Best regards

ramon76
8th Dec 2006, 23:52
congratulations!!
what is your experience to get there?
they turned me down with 1500 hours of propeller single pilot ......
I think I need a type rating, or I will not go anywhere....

250 hours plus type rating, takes you further than 1500 hours instructing on propelled piston aircraft, I guess....

it is all about being in the right time, at the right moment and with lots of money to spend too.

Luke SkyToddler
9th Dec 2006, 07:28
It's got nothing to do with type rating ramon - they need to see multi crew time. Any old turboprop will do but you have to have that multi crew, ideally 500 hours and current on multi crew ops.

You'll never get into Easy with only piston single time unless you're a CTC cadet.

expedite08
9th Dec 2006, 09:39
hmm,

What a fair system it is???? :ugh: :mad:

andreas20001
9th Dec 2006, 11:00
congratulations!!
what is your experience to get there?
they turned me down with 1500 hours of propeller single pilot ......
I think I need a type rating, or I will not go anywhere....
250 hours plus type rating, takes you further than 1500 hours instructing on propelled piston aircraft, I guess....
it is all about being in the right time, at the right moment and with lots of money to spend too.
¨

I got 1200 hours total time and almost 1000 hours multicrew experience.

bleeds off
9th Dec 2006, 12:55
All the best andreas!!!

Check this out:

http://shop.pilotwarehouse.co.uk/product21360023catno0.html

hope it'll help :ok:

How long after you applied did u get the invitation ?

bleeds

andreas20001
1st Jan 2007, 12:13
Took me a few months
Maybe 3-4

TheChiefPilot
4th Jan 2007, 00:50
A friend and Myself applied 6th Dec and he had a reply by the 11th Dec saying "No thankyou you do not me minimum requirements" and I have not heard anything, could this mean that maybe there is an interview in the offing for me! :ok:

Hey Andreas if its not to much trouble let me know what happens at the interview, by the way GOOD LUCK

andreas20001
4th Jan 2007, 15:54
A friend and Myself applied 6th Dec and he had a reply by the 11th Dec saying "No thankyou you do not me minimum requirements" and I have not heard anything, could this mean that maybe there is an interview in the offing for me! :ok:

Hey Andreas if its not to much trouble let me know what happens at the interview, by the way GOOD LUCK

No problem. I will do so.

B737_FL410
5th Jan 2007, 20:18
hello everybody,

i'm invited for an assessment for EZY.
i'm applying for DCT entry as i have a type rating B737NG with 100+ hours
can anyone tell me what i can expect for selection, simulator screening, interview, etc, etc..
it would be very helpfull!!!
thanks very much already!!

grz!!

flihi
11th Jan 2007, 15:43
I applied for the TRSS scheme with easy a few months back. Nearly 3000 hours with over 1800 multi-crew including over 400 PIC on a turbo-prop.

Received a reply soon after, "You do not meet our minimum requirements". Could it be something to do with being in my late 40's?

JETSTREAM_
11th Jan 2007, 19:22
hello everybody,

i'm invited for an assessment for EZY.
i'm applying for DCT entry as i have a type rating B737NG with 100+ hours
can anyone tell me what i can expect for selection, simulator screening, interview, etc, etc..
it would be very helpfull!!!
thanks very much already!!

grz!!

what is your profile? TT? MCREW experience?
where did you do your TR what TRTO
thanks!

TheChiefPilot
11th Jan 2007, 23:46
FliHi, I dont thinkits anything to do with age, just luck of the draw who deals with your application, Experience is something that is being over looked because they think that when they employ a younger pilot thet will get more years from them, this is forgeting that as the younger pilot gains fligt time he will then most probally move to another company as the grass is always greener on the other side.

amdflyer
25th Jan 2007, 22:02
I have a few questions for those of you in the know:

I am currently flying a Falcon 20 in the USA as Captain and totaled over 500 hours Command time and a grand total of flight time over 3000 hours,
my multicrew experience in jet powered aircraft amounts to 1900 hours flight time.

If i want to apply at Easy after obtaining ATPL-MCC under which entry category would I fall?
Is the falcon 20 considered a "medium" airplane in order to meet the direct entry or fast track requirements?

I am waiting for your answers and suggestions,

Thanks,

AMD

Wee Weasley Welshman
26th Jan 2007, 07:56
http://easyjet.com/EN/jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_typeratingsponsorshipscheme.html

(Joining easyJet without medium/heavy multi-crew commercial jet experience).

If you hold a licence but have no commercial experience on a medium/heavy jet, you could qualify for entry under our Type Rating Sponsorship Scheme.

Falcon 20 isn't a medium jet. But once in your factored hours would qualify you for a command assessment in about 2 years.

Cheers

flyingklunzy
19th Mar 2007, 17:13
Is easyJet taking any applications from people who are not rated on the 737 or have 500 multi crew?

Seems they are from their 3rd option on the online application form but I just got an email saying:

Your answers to the initial screening questions have been reviewed but unfortunately you do not appear to have met our minimum entry requirements and your application will therefore not be progressed further at this time.

Has anyone got through from the third option on the application form?

ICING AOA
19th Mar 2007, 17:19
easyjet is not recruiting any FO anymore.
Recruitments seem to be completely stopped untill the end of this year.
It is not the good moment to apply to easyJet :=

Good luck !

flyingklunzy
19th Mar 2007, 17:26
ah, thanks. Guess its all the BACON guys taking the chance to move onwards and upwards. Oh well Ill keep plugging away :)