View Full Version : Flybe MAPS

Pages : 1 [2]

Sinbad_633
14th Apr 2007, 16:36
Well I have got my answer.......

....and I'm in. Sweet. I hope to start on the June intake. Anyone else? :D:)

skyline181
14th Apr 2007, 16:46
Good job Sinbad,

I'm in aswell, hope to start in September...have to get university out of the way first.

What a relief!!

g1344304
14th Apr 2007, 17:19
Im in too, also hoping to start in September after Uni!

Now i gotta worry about getting the loan organised!

socloss
14th Apr 2007, 17:46
Im in as well, probably opting for September too!:eek:

skyline181
14th Apr 2007, 17:56
Thats four of us already...

Were there 12 cadet places?

Sinbad_633
14th Apr 2007, 18:04
So you all want to start in September... Am I going to have any mates? :}

It was said during my interview at least that they have up to twelve places but there was no requirement to fill them all. If you meet the standard you are in, if you don't then you are not. Flybe would not lower their requirements to just to fill all the places.

Congrats again everyone.

newbie008
14th Apr 2007, 18:46
is flybe the same as thomson ie 2 a levels in physics maths etc...?

bb503
15th Apr 2007, 09:04
Bummer. Didn't make the grade this time round. Hopefully I'll bounce back and learn from it. I wasn't 100% confident that the interview went well anyway so I'm not massively suprised. It's still gutting though. Any tips from your sucessful interviews guys?

Anyway, I may well still try and come out to Jerez self sponsored if I have to so I might see some of you out there! And congrats to all of you that made it.

Take it easy,

Ben

skyline181
15th Apr 2007, 09:40
Ben,

Sorry to hear you didn't make it this time.

Where did you feel you struggled on the interview? I thought the questions were fair but quite tricky sometimes, I must have prepared ok though because I got a place.

At least you've got a self sponsored position at FTE if you want it and you don't have to go down there and do the aptitude tests again!! :8

bb503
15th Apr 2007, 10:00
I'm not really sure, I guess just some of my answers were a little vague. Perhaps the 'how does it work between the two pilots on the flight deck' and some of the 'tell us about when you've screwed up' type questions.

I'd agree it was fair, I think I just didn't quite pull it out of the bag on the day. But again, well done to all of you, and I may well see you sometime soon.

Sooo Thompsonfly...

skyline181
15th Apr 2007, 10:04
Yeah i found the self critisism questions difficult too,

Good luck with Tfly¬!

Sinbad_633
15th Apr 2007, 10:17
Sorry to hear that Ben. There were some bits of the interview that I was thinking about after and I thought I could have handled them better. One or two questions did trip me up a little.

I would still definitely consider going to FTE self sponsored. It does look really good.

g1344304
19th Apr 2007, 09:17
Just booked my class 1 in a few weeks time, figured it was good to get it out of the way before all the finance gets sorted out (would be pretty crap to land a £70,000 loan or even pay the deposit and then fail the medical!). Anyone else on a similar boat or do you guys/gals already have your class 1?

g1344304
19th Apr 2007, 15:39
Anyone else get a call from Carmen today? Pretty scary to hear that the bank contact details along with a business case will be sent out next week. Funny how I just booked my medical this morning and she called in the afternoon saying that FTE had block booked medicals for the Flybe guys on 2nd May. Oh well, I will get my results a bit later than everyone else!

socloss
19th Apr 2007, 16:21
Hi,

Yes i got a call from Carmen asking me to photocopy my passport, class 1 medical and E111 form. It was and still is daunting though when she asked about finance and I promptly replied back with the words bank and loan!

socloss

Sinbad_633
19th Apr 2007, 17:01
I haven't heard anything yet, although I did miss a phone call today as I was in a meeting and couldn't answer it. The number didn't come up so I couldn't ring back. It was at about 2:30pm if that was around when you got called then it is probable that it was Carmen.

I did my medical back at the end of Feb so that is all sorted, also I am well along with my loan already. I am of to London in a week to open the account. The BBVA chap is called Sergio, he is really helpful so you should be able to get it all sorted in a relatively short space of time. Big scary numbers on the paperwork though.

g1344304
19th Apr 2007, 17:04
yeh that was around the time she called and her number came up withheld sinbad. Dont suppose you have sergios contact details? I emailed BBVA in london earlier but it could take ages to get through to sergio! Do they allow you to make repayments 18months after the course start or 18 months after the first payment goes out, or 18 months after the course start etc etc ?

newbie008
20th Apr 2007, 12:09
can you confirm whether or not flybe has the 2 a-level requirements in physics and maths like the thomson scheme??

socloss
20th Apr 2007, 12:33
Hi there,

Flybe do not require Physics A Level, I did Maths A Level but not Physcis and hence I got throught the Flybe MAPS scheme but could not apply for the Thomson Fly one.

Best of luck!

socloss

ppl_student
21st Apr 2007, 13:57
Has anyone here been to a flybe/fte seminar? Was it worthwhile? Roughly how long did it last and does anyone care what you wear to it? Did many people take parents with them? Thanks :}

g1344304
21st Apr 2007, 15:09
I went to one last year in march ppl_student. It was great, I would definatly recommend going. It might be slightly different than the one I went to (Don Darby presented and I think it was a guy called miguel from FTE) Both obviously talk up the companies they work for but you do get to see the plans and prospects of both and you can ask any questions you might have.

WARNING - IT WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO COMPULSIVELY TAKE OUT A HUGE LOAN AND DO FLIGHT TRAINING ASAP!

socloss
24th Apr 2007, 07:48
Did anyone else get a call from Carmen yesterday asking if they could start in June rather than September? It appears there's a bit of a problem in that nearly everyone selected wants to start in September!:ugh:

socloss

preduk
24th Apr 2007, 14:45
I went to the seminar today for Flybe, and I'm shocked with the amount of money they are paying pilots.

Pretty rubbish in my opinion, after you pay your training your not left with much, especially when your hit with tax and national insurance.

socloss
24th Apr 2007, 14:52
Mate I agree entirely, it is very low but what else can u do?! A job is a job and the salary will go up but for sure we will be scraping the barrel for a few years: rent/mortgage, loan, car, expenses, council tax, bills and a pint per month if you're lucky!

But then we all know this going into training and if you have a job straight away then consider yourself lucky.:hmm:

preduk
24th Apr 2007, 15:43
As far as I see it, the work and requirements of becoming a pilot are pretty huge. You work hard, you earn well. It's seems that this isn't the case.

If you have the logic that "a job is a job" then go work for the civil service, you will get pretty much the same amount of money for half the hassle!

If you work out the loan with the training and the wages, they just don't seem to add up.

I own my own business, but at the moment I'm struggling to find whether I shoud stick with my own business and fly as a hobby or do it as a career.

Business = Money, no Dream
Pilot = Dream, no money

:ugh:

lol

bigmustard
24th Apr 2007, 15:44
The deal is really very good. Shocked! - Flybe pay is in and around the normal turboprop salary for the UK. There are no full course sponsors anymore so you have to pay for your training yourself. If you take out a loan and pay for your training and then don't get a job for 6 months how do you pay back the loan? At least with the flybe scheme you have the extreme likelyhood of a job at the end. If you go it alone then you need another loan for£20k or more to pay for a type rating afterwards. Flybe pay for your type rating on a depreciating bond basis i.e. you don't need the cash up front. As far as the tax and national insurance goes - you need to speak to big Gordy at the exchequer.

As socloss has said

But then we all know this going into training and if you have a job straight away then consider yourself lucky.:hmm:

Sinbad_633
24th Apr 2007, 15:53
Did anyone else get a call from Carmen yesterday asking if they could start in June rather than September?

Anyone going for it?

after you pay your training your not left with much, especially when your hit with tax and national insurance.

I totally agree that there is not going to be much cash left over each month. It will be a tough few years and one will have to be pretty thrifty to get by. If you want it badly enough you will take the hit. Starting training tagged by an airline is about the best thing one can get these days. I would prefer to finish my training and having a good chance of a job being lined up rather than not having one and wondering how I will meet the training loan repayments when the repayment holiday expires.

preduk
24th Apr 2007, 16:04
I feel, that in general the airlines are just taking the mic out of us.

Here we are putting our homes up in secure loans, risking bankruptcy, leaving our jobs and family behind to go study far distances from home, getting to the flight school and working really hard... for what? a £28,000 job?

It's a good deal compared to the rest of them, I am hugely dedicated to becoming an airline pilot, but I'm really annoyed that we are being taken for granted.

P.S

I'll probably regrett saying all this in the morning :rolleyes:

FL370 Officeboy
24th Apr 2007, 17:22
A £28,000 job? Well, at first maybe but the earning POTENTIAL is a lot higher than that of course. Don't look at things TOO short sightedly:ok:

g1344304
24th Apr 2007, 17:56
I admit it will be hard at first. There will be around £1000 a month to pay back for my loan when employment starts. I roughly calculated that on the starting salary, after tax, after my student loan repayments and after flight training loan repayments, pension contributions there will be roughly £6000 to live off for the first year. However, this does not include flight duty pay which I believe is around £3.5 - £4k PA. Then after the first year there is a salary increase of around £4k. Undoubtably it will be tough and I think I might have to live with parents for the first couple of years as there is no way I could afford £400-£500 a month for rent.

But I am happy, I am prepared to work hard and live off very little for the first few years. Im not driven by money (although lots would be nice!). I want to fly regional, I am very excited about hopefully getting to fly Q400 and I get to be home in bed most nights. As well as that, time to command in Flybe is probably very short, esecially with the on going expansion plans. Once we get over the hump of the first few years, all should be fine.

Money aint everything.

preduk
24th Apr 2007, 18:29
g1344304,

But think about this.

Say you get posted to a London base (as an example) where houses prices are extremly expensive, what are you going to do? What money are you going to live off? It's not a case of living with your parents anymore.

I admit, I can be very money orientated, but I don't think its fair how the Airline recruitment policy is going along these days, were pilots are forking out huge amounts of cash in order to achieve a dream with very little support from the airlines.

FL370 Officeboy,

Of course I need to look at the long term, I could be earning £50,000 in the first 3 to 4 years if I'm given the rank of Captain, which is what FlyBe said is possible today. However, say you have a girlfriend, wife, children and a home to pay for, there is no way you are going to afford the flying for the first 4 years. Meaning you could lose your home if you can't pay the money back.

I enjoy taking risks, I do it in business all the time and have been successful in it, perhaps these were calculted risks, but this program just doesn't make sense for me. The risks are really bad, and your going to end up spending your early 20s (being one of the best years of your life) skint.

r2_unit
24th Apr 2007, 18:41
... for what? a £28,000 job?

I'm pleasantly surprised - I thought the F/O starting salary was £22k!

g1344304
24th Apr 2007, 18:54
preduk, I have talked about such a case with my parents and girlfriend who will also be earning 20k. I dont come from a rich family and nothing is being handed to me on a plate but my parents would help me in that case just so I had enough to live off (but that is worse case scenario)

P.S. Flybe do not operate from any London base. Im not sure which of their bases would have the highest housing prices in the area. Probably Birmingham or Manchester?

I do feel its a bit unfair that the people who will be accepted to the thomsonfly scheme will be earning almost double our salary (45k for a starting first officer (although they do have a second officer rank)) as our jobs wont be that different and we will have went through essentially the same selection process a few weeks apart. However, like I said, I wanna fly regional and I think I will be very happy with Flybe

Also, I would be lying if I said I didnt care about money, but hopefully after a few years (3,4,5 years????) we will be captains starting on at least £50k but who knows what the salary situation will be like by then. It may not be as much as other carriers but there are other perks with working regional.

preduk
24th Apr 2007, 19:40
g1344304,

There is potential to earn good money, they were talking about some of the senior captains earing up to 94K per year.

I am just really concerned about the first couple of years. I like how FlyBe are interested in developing their First Officers within the first couple of years. They seem like a very caring company to work for, but as I said the funds at the start just don't add up right.

If you have family backing, fantastic, if you don't then your going to struggle big time.

Excuse my London example, i only mean't it as an example, not to be taken seriously.

Best of luck to those that follow this path! FTE looked fantastic place to learn!

bigmustard
24th Apr 2007, 19:45
Preduk
Its gonna cost you a whole lot of money whatever way you do it. Best you do your own research (as you are) and cut your own suit to match your cloth. Ask plenty of questions and figure out the best way forward for you. I can tell you that the maps scheme is one of the best ways into commercial aviation today, not cheap, but one of the best. Look at it as an investment

g1344304
24th Apr 2007, 19:46
What route are you taking to becomming a pilot preduk? The other option would be to go to FTE self sponsored and maybe not even get a job at the end and then would really be up **** creek :}

preduk
24th Apr 2007, 20:09
I'm wanting to do modular... I know the risk of not getting a job at the end of it is higher, however the money used to pay for the training will be my own money. I will be working at the same time as doing the training (for some of it anyways).

I'm at Prestwick at the moment doing training, and it's a fantastic area to learn to fly. With some very experienced and very good instructors.

I'm at University at the moment, but while I am at University I am hammering the hours to get my PPL finished and then move onto the rest. This is all while running my business, so I'm very busy!! :(

I'm hoping to do my GS at Bristol and do my CPL etc at Oxford if I get the chance. I have a while to go, so research is the best way for me to find out what I really want to do.

again, best of luck to you on your choosen path! :)

g1344304
24th Apr 2007, 20:36
again, best of luck to you on your choosen path! :)

Same to you preduk!

keenan
27th Apr 2007, 11:18
Anyone else starting in June be good to hear from you guys.

Keenan

bb503
27th Apr 2007, 15:00
Looks like (having said I didn't make it...) I'm now on the course and starting in June! So yes Keenan, I'll be there with you. I think there'll be 4 of us on that course, and then 6 on the September one.

For those of you out there that didn't make it, or are still aspiring to; keep on going! Just because you didn't get it first time, keep pushing and eventually a door will open, somewhere.

I'd just like to say a 'thank you' to Flybe and in particular Capt Given for the way in which the selection was handled and the dedication they obviously show to all their students. (And for the opportunity they're giving me!) They look like a brilliant airline to work for guys, so if you haven't got in this time, persevere!

See you on the 21st June!

Ben

danjg46
27th Apr 2007, 17:54
Yeps im starting in June to!

Dan

Sinbad_633
27th Apr 2007, 17:57
Once you include me that is all four accounted for.

socloss
27th Apr 2007, 19:21
bb503,

My invoice is in the post! I accepted CTC yesterday instead of the Flybe MAPS scheme and hence you are onboard! Nice work though. Have a great time guys as it's a looks a superb scheme. One benefit you guys will have is better weather than in NZ!

All the best

socloss

g1344304
27th Apr 2007, 20:04
well done bb503, it must have been a great feeling to get that phone call when your wern't expecting it!

Anyone on the september course applied for the loan yet? I have the loan application form and t&c summary but have not applied yet. I thought it best to wait until an individual payment schedule was given by FTE.

bb503
29th Apr 2007, 10:00
Socloss,

If I ever meet you, I owe you a good drink or two! All the best with your training with CTC.

Peace

newbie008
30th Apr 2007, 18:30
good for flybe doing all this, but I really dont see how it benefits either party. the students obviously get a foot in the door, but on the salaries they pay its going to be a struggle. As for flybe maybe some PR but what else?? After a year most of these guys are going to be off to easy, monarch, thomson, ba etc...How does this benefit flybe?? Fair enough the thomson scheme is good in that the guys are likely to stay. Wouldnt it benefit flybe in starting the guys on something like £32-35k..at least they would stay..and before someone says there bonded, doesnt mean jack on that salary..just interested not having a go fair play to flybe to give some a chance!

g1344304
4th May 2007, 08:37
Anyone heard anything else lately? How did your medicals go? Has anyone applied for the loan yet?

BA777
19th Jun 2007, 19:18
Hey everyone,

Quick introduction from myself...I'm Henry and I'm with Flybe on the September course - very excited!

I'm right at the end of my A levels just now and will be going straight on with no university to Jerez. Everything with the loan etc is going through and progressing nicely, how is everyone else getting on?

BR,

Henry

g1344304
20th Jun 2007, 21:31
So the first Flybe tagged (MAPS) students have graduated from FTE:

http://www.flighttrainingeurope.com/page.php?page_name=graduates&n=55

So did they all get their JOC course and get jobs offered straight away or is there a holding pool or are they waiting to hear?

ckthepilot
21st Jun 2007, 04:29
Don't know, but they look like a jolly bunch to me even with $120k in debt. lol

Hookerbot 5000
21st Jun 2007, 08:59
Don't know, but they look like a jolly bunch to me even with $120k in debt. lol

Assuming all of them have loans and they borrowed the full amount.. :}

Ask yourself would you take the same risk if flybe, tfly, ba CE etc offered you a place?

My answer : YES

:)

g1344304
23rd Jun 2007, 10:41
To answer my own question, a wee birdie told me that all of the recent graduate MAPS students are currently completing their JOC course and will be starting their Q400 type rating on 2nd July, the next batch of graduates are due to start type ratings on the Embraer 145 in august. Its pretty reassuring that the airlines do follow through on these tagged schemes.

g1344304
23rd Jun 2007, 10:47
Just found out that there will be another Flybe tagged scheme with FTE which is going to be advertised at the end of July. This time they are looking for 4 courses of 6 students! FTE should just rename themselves to Flybe flight school lol

MIKECR
23rd Jun 2007, 11:25
I cant get over the size of the wings, theyre huge!!

Panther1984
23rd Jun 2007, 12:29
g1344304 is correct in saying we start with flybe on the 2nd of July which is 6 days after finishing at FTE!

Hookerbot 5000
23rd Jun 2007, 12:41
^lol

g1344304 when you get to FTE in september look me up :) I think i would have finished or be in the process of finsihing phase 1 so lots to celebrate! :)

Hookerbot 5000
23rd Jun 2007, 12:44
^ nice one m8'ty enjoy, similarly with the Tfly scheme the last 2 sets of cadets that graduated were offered jobs 2 weeks after finishing with FTE! :)

expedite08
23rd Jun 2007, 13:22
Thats pushed us modulars out the way again, down the list we go guys!

Que jumpers!!! at least my course has cost me 25k and not 120!!

g1344304
23rd Jun 2007, 14:16
nah, I wont be mixing with with TFly commoners. lmao oj will do :ok:

howflytrg
23rd Jun 2007, 14:20
but have you got a definate job and are you gonna be payed within the next month expedite08??????? me thinks no.

well done to those guys. they've evidently worked hard considering they are holding the prizes at the graduation! goes to show that going integrated gets you the job! :ok:

expedite08
24th Jun 2007, 20:24
well there is no such thing as a guaranteed job in this industry!! And I wont be in debt up to the hilt!!

Plus having spoke to a few friends who are on the line, the integrated lot are a far higher risk and cant be left alone to think for themselves. Spoon feeding stops on the line, you have to think for yourself!

VulcanFlyer
24th Jun 2007, 22:48
Plus having spoke to a few friends who are on the line, the integrated lot are a far higher risk and cant be left alone to think for themselves. Spoon feeding stops on the line, you have to think for yourself!

Don´t be daft! Why are all the tagged schemes run through integrated courses then?

So I supposes your `friends´ obviously know more than the experts at Thomsonfly, FlyBe, GB Airways etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ugh:

High Wing Drifter
25th Jun 2007, 07:23
Plus having spoke to a few friends who are on the line, the integrated lot are a far higher risk and cant be left alone to think for themselves. Spoon feeding stops on the line, you have to think for yourself!I wish people would only post their direct personal experiences and knowledge here, rather than just dubious opinion often born of wishful thinking. My direct experience as a somewhat struggling modular fATPL, I can categorically say that you can't pigeon hole anybody in this game. As potential airline pilots surely we will be paid to see a situation for what it is, not what we think it should be!!

shaun ryder
25th Jun 2007, 08:54
the integrated lot are a far higher risk and cant be left alone to think for themselves. Spoon feeding stops on the line, you have to think for yourself!

I would not put it quite like that lol, but I have heard rumours about our company having bad experiences with ab initio, non experienced pilots.

Hence they are a rarity now with regards recruitment. As I said its just a rumour.....

Hookerbot 5000
25th Jun 2007, 09:09
^ well i'm guessing that's not flybe, Tfly, GB, BA CE, MEA because of the number of courses they have started....

Which company are you talking about :confused:

g1344304
25th Jun 2007, 11:11
Its a pretty well known fact that generally most airlines prefer integrated (thats not to say they dont like modular and there may be some exceptions). It does cost more but is more organised and focused so the student has to weigh up the pro's and cons and decide which route they would prefer to take. It does not mean that the students are spoon fed at all and I am pretty sure we can think for ourselves just as much as the modular people. I know that I sat down many times and analysed each route and decided myself thatintegrated is the way to go for me. I decided the extra job likely hood that integrated schools have a record of warrants the the extra risk involved with cost (loans), especially if I could get accepted to a tagged scheme which I did. Personally i think that if you can gain access to the funds for integrated through loans, take it.

Hookerbot 5000
25th Jun 2007, 12:09
^ totally agree g1344304

pilotarosa
25th Jun 2007, 12:35
I am ex integrated being on the line for more then 3 years and I think I can think for myself
One thing you will realize once in an airline enviroment is that nobody cares if you did integrated or modular...nobody knows and nobody ask.
If some of modular people are particularly sensitive about the topic they should just remeber that they made the choice of how to approach aviation.
anyway once you got your hours up and your licence become green NOBODY CARES!
congratulations to the guys that start on the 2nd....you are gonna love it!...and flybe is a good company enjoy it!

shaun ryder
26th Jun 2007, 06:10
Interestingly enough, none which you have mentioned.

speedrestriction
26th Jun 2007, 11:41
Its a pretty well known fact that generally most airlines prefer integrated

g1344304, it seems that you might be a bit uncertain of your "fact.":hmm:

I agree with pilotarosa, the difference between modular and integrated is small but accentuated by the large flight schools to serve their own financial interests. A solid, consistent training record and a little determination in finding that first job are the more important.

sr

g1344304
26th Jun 2007, 21:14
Well ok, I was talking in general but I did state that. A lot don't have a preference (refering to this GAPAN/ESPT survey of seven airlines :http://www.gapan.org/careers/survey.htm in which only one of the airlines which responded stated that it prefered integrated). As well as that I have also heard of a lot more airlines that prefer integrated. I think a lot of it doesnt have to do with preference either, it comes with the vast amounts of high quality pilots that integrated schools produce in an orgainised manor. Basically I think it would be a lot easier for an airline which needed 6 pilots to phone OAT, FTE or Cabair and state the requirements and know they are going to produce the goods rather than fishing through a mountain of applications on their desks from modular low hour students with a hundred different flying backgrounds (not to say that some of the big schools dont put forward modular students). However, at the end of the day, whether all this is true or not, I have yet to hear of ANY airline which prefers modular students.

Im really not trying to bash modular at all and I think that both routes have their pro's and cons and I agree with the person who said that once you make it no one will care. I do however think that one of the pro's of going integrated is that it offers a higher chance of getting a job quickly at the end of it. The major pro of modular is that it costs A LOT less so if you decide that modular is right for you then thats a fair decision and you will have a lot more money than me after training! :}

shaun ryder
26th Jun 2007, 23:28
Obviously you believe the hype. Just wait until you join the thousands of other green wannabes out there. You aint there until your arse is a part of the furniture. Until then I suggest you get on with working towards being what the airlines want as you seem to know what that is. Just pray your beloved flight accademy finds you a job after the party is over. If not, it really wont matter about your focussed training. You will just become another number.

Hookerbot 5000
27th Jun 2007, 05:53
lol this thread is turning into the dreaded integrated V modular debate :}

perhaps it should be closed....

Oh BTW SR g1344304 is on the FB scheme..:ok:

g1344304
27th Jun 2007, 06:38
ok shaun, settle pettle, im not trying to piss off anyone here, but the records and job statistics from integrated schools like FTE and OAT within 6 months of graduation are pretty hard to argue with. There are usually 1,2 or more from a course who dont make it straight away too and anything could happen, there are no gaurentees of any job and that is one of the risks I have decided to take. You are 100% right that I havnt got my arse in a seat yet and havnt even started training. I thought I was being completely fair about modular/integrated saying that both sides have pros and cons. Personally I considered both routes so I dont get why you are getting annoyed at me? Maybe I didnt make that clear. Sorry to offend

Re-Heat
27th Jun 2007, 11:44
Shaun - do you really think GAPAN promotes hype...?!

shaun ryder
27th Jun 2007, 13:52
You believe everything they say is true then I take it?

VulcanFlyer
27th Jun 2007, 16:57
Shaun - you seem like a very bitter man - something you are not telling us?

Funnily enough you cant name the airline that doesnt want intergrated students!!! Why is that? I can answer for you - THEY DON´T EXIST YOU NUMBSKULL

Stop posting rubbish you have made up in your head

Thanks
VF

g1344304
27th Jun 2007, 17:37
i hope no one got the wrong idea by my posts, i really wasnt trying to bash modular, i really think its as viable a route as any. i get the impression that some people ARE bashing integrated though

shaun ryder
27th Jun 2007, 17:39
Calm down little boy! No need for tantrums ok. I am certainly not bitter young fellow, why should I be? I am merely offering my point of view, if you cant handle that then dont bother reading the posts on here. As for naming the airline that I work for, well this is an anonymous forum and I wish to remain anonymous.

VulcanFlyer
27th Jun 2007, 22:25
As for naming the airline that I work for, well this is an anonymous forum and I wish to remain anonymous.

You can still name the airline tho - you will still be anonymous!!!!! I very much doubt you are flying for an airline with twisted logic like that - if you are heaven help the passengers!

To be honest I don't care who you are/what you do - I just think if you post nonsense you should expect some come back

shaun ryder
28th Jun 2007, 07:14
I seem to have touched a raw nerve with this one. Well in response to your last post, I have to say that you wont get very far with your puerile attitude old boy. As for being pax, well they have four sectors with me today. As for anonymity, the sooner you realise how tightly nit this business is the better!

Now get back to your playstation and leave the flying to the grown ups.

High Wing Drifter
28th Jun 2007, 07:21
I suspect that reading pprune threads is what Psychology students regard as a field trip :}

VulcanFlyer
28th Jun 2007, 10:31
I seem to have touched a raw nerve with this one. Well in response to your last post, I have to say that you wont get very far with your puerile attitude old boy. As for being pax, well they have four sectors with me today. As for anonymity, the sooner you realise how tightly nit this business is the better!

Now get back to your playstation and leave the flying to the grown ups.

So do you always check your pprune before you fly 4 sectors?

You are obviously a very sad deluded Billy No Mates :{

I have an excuse - I am a wannabee looking on the forum (I'm 100% sure you are too judging by the horses*it you consistently seem to post!)

shaun ryder
28th Jun 2007, 20:06
Like I said before. You wont get very far in this business.

Insults welcome.

revilo_rehsif
28th Jun 2007, 20:33
Now Now chaps, play nicely!

This thread does really seem to have kicked off :O

shaun ryder
28th Jun 2007, 20:44
Read your PMs mate.

Groundloop
29th Jun 2007, 08:28
Will you lot just quit this pathetic backbiting and let this thread get back to something useful.

shaun ryder
29th Jun 2007, 08:38
I apologise Groundloop and have to agree with you. Sorry if it seems like I have hijacked this thread. Good luck to you all and keep your noses clean.

VulcanFlyer
29th Jun 2007, 11:14
Agreed lets stop this purile nonense

Good luck to all those that get on a mentored scheme - clearly the best way forward although others would disagree ;)

skyline181
30th Jun 2007, 10:29
Now lets get this thread back on track....

chileconcarne27
13th Jul 2007, 14:51
FlyBe MAPs is back up and running on FTE's website!

Opening date is 19th July but check out when the selction dates are?! Unless we can go back in time it's not possibl so keep checking for an update.

Good luck everyone
:ok:

BusinessMan
13th Jul 2007, 17:52
Hey Chile, I just saw FlyBe up on the FTE site too but I didn't see an 'opening' date and it accepted my form when I hit submit (well, it said thank you anyway!). The timings in Ian Cheese piece were still the old ones though, like you say

Good luck to all those off to manchester with FTE on Mon/Tues

BM

chileconcarne27
13th Jul 2007, 18:00
Be Careful!

I wouldn't put your application in until the opening date as there is a history if these applications going 'missing'. I put mine in a day or so early for the BA Cityflyer scheme and never recieved a reply and had to phone FTE.

Now that you've done it i would leave it but keep your eyes on your inbox and if it gets close tothe clsing date and you've heard nothing either way, then chase it with FTE.

Just so you're all aware!

BusinessMan
13th Jul 2007, 18:13
Thanks for the heads-up Chile. I've known others who've had similar problems with submitting online for FTE so always keep a watchful eye. No worries

PS: Just had another look - the only reference I could see to a date for opening for applications is 19th February in the original details page so am hopeful they are actually open now. Either way will post when hear something to confirm:)

chileconcarne27
17th Jul 2007, 09:31
This is ridiculous!!!

Just been rejected from FlyBe again!!! Although in their first selection of 2006 i got down to the final 12 at stage 4!!

How is it i can be good for the job one minute and crap for it the next??

So infruriating :ugh:

WISH2FLY
17th Jul 2007, 09:35
Hi all,

Received list of questions today, along with dates of 3rd and 4th stage (if successful).

The 3rd stage is in Exeter in late August...i'm guessing that will be airline interview etc etc. (Please correct me if i'm wrong!)

The 4th stage is in September, will this be the assessments in Jerez???

Have many applied for this scheme? Good luck to all!

Flyer2007
17th Jul 2007, 10:14
Hi,

I also received my list of questions today. I believe the stage 3 (first interview) is the selection tests run by FTE and the second interview (stage 4) is with Flybe. A friend of mine has just got onto the GB scheme and this was the set up with them. However, this could be set up slightly differently.

Cheers

Flyer! :ok:

WISH2FLY
17th Jul 2007, 12:30
Yer that would make more sense...do you know if the Sept dates are fixed? I have a long awaited holiday booked and the dates overlap!!!

r2_unit
17th Jul 2007, 13:06
chileconcarne27,

Give their HR dept a phone and get some feedback - take it onboard for the next company assessment.

Chin up fella. :ok:

chileconcarne27
17th Jul 2007, 14:48
R2

I will do that, can't lose anything i suppose. I have written to Captain Cheese with my issues so we'll see what he has to say.

Does seem a bit unfair, but then i'm biased!

WISH2FLY
17th Jul 2007, 15:16
Think i'll try and change my holiday dates! Priorities and all!

That is strange that you get all the way to the 4th stage and this time they don't give you a chance! Unless they're in the mindset that if your unsuccessful once you can't reapply???

Did they give you any feedback as to why you were unsuccessful?

chileconcarne27
17th Jul 2007, 15:32
Nope, no feedback what so ever!! Even at stage 4 they just say that you were unsuccessful. Even if you request a reason they won't give you one.

I'm going to keep applying to every MAPS that comes up though...one day everyone else will be accepted and it'll eventually be my turn again!

Feel like i'm banging my head against a brick wall with all these 'sponsored' schemes though :ugh::ugh::ugh:

I must be a glutton for punishment!

BusinessMan
17th Jul 2007, 21:24
Chile, definitely suggest calling Carmen about getting binned at this stage because I would have thought their selection criteria at this point are fairly clear (eg # GCSEs >x = yes, else no) so they may have made a mistake if you're sure you satisfy them?

Having said that, I have heard that for some schemes they don't want people to re-apply for the same scheme if rejected at airline interview stage so maybe worth asking them if that's the reason instead perhaps.

Just got my questions through so it did accept my app thankfully

Good luck to all...

newbie008
18th Jul 2007, 11:17
Chile - I was on the same one as you I think in 2006 (may time ish). I applied this time and got the questions sent to me. I didnt get to the last stage though last time around

newbie008
18th Jul 2007, 12:39
wonder how many women apply, think a lot has to do with age, life experience and current relationship status. No harm in applying again for flybe femalewannabe..Exeter is only an hour down the road for me hence me giving it another go, I can understand if your up north though or in scotland.

WISH2FLY
19th Jul 2007, 12:25
How's everyone getting on with the questions?

I'm guessing we need to send them over by the end of today??? (3 days since receipt of e-mail)

Irish_Stu
20th Jul 2007, 15:41
I received the questions yesterday (Thursday) morning. Will hopefully have them completed by this evening just to be on the safe side. Difficult to know how much to write for each one... I'm guessing 200 words maximum, anyone any other ideas?

WISH2FLY
20th Jul 2007, 15:55
Personally i don't think it matters too much, although i guess if you write too little they'll think you haven't put the effort in...write too much and they might get bored half way through!!!

Think they'll expand on the questions within the interview stage to get an idea of who you are, although i may be wrong?

AlexD121
20th Jul 2007, 17:47
looking back at the questions they sent me, there was only one question that had a specific word limit and that was the one about why you want to fly for Flybe. Therefore I think its safe to say that this is the only question where they are particularly bothered about the length of the answer. Don't forget, at the start of the questions they ask you to answer with detail, perhaps some people may feel they need to write more for certain answers. Although if you write too much you run the risk of waffling and writing unrelevant information. So yeah you can see, its quite hard to get the right balance!

WISH2FLY
20th Jul 2007, 19:11
Quote: Personally I think you should follow the instructions - not more than 200 words means not more than 200 words.

Yes this is correct for one of the questions but the others are open to interpretation. A certain level of detail is required for you to explain or describe an ocasion or situation. I think you have to stand out or face getting binned at the first hurdle!

I suppose the reason they only give you 3 days is to put you under pressure (especially when you work long hours like i do!)

Any idea how long we have to wait to hear?

Good luck to all.

AlexD121
20th Jul 2007, 20:29
How long do we have to wait? Well the closeing date for appliications is the 29th July. If people get sent their questions on the 30th then they have three days, so say the last questions are returned by the 2nd Aug. I wouldn't have thought we'd here much about stage 3 until 3rd/4th of August. Then again, I may be wrong!

newbie008
20th Jul 2007, 20:34
all my answers last year were between 200 and 300 words and I got through, have to wait and see for this year..no point worrying about it plenty of other opportunities if you dont get through

Irish_Stu
21st Jul 2007, 19:14
Well that's my answers away, we'll see what happens.

Best of luck to all who apply :ok:

And now for the Saturday night pub visit...

Stu

Irish_Stu
31st Jul 2007, 10:53
I take it nobody has heard anything from FlyBe yet?

newbie008
31st Jul 2007, 11:28
well said PPL!!

Irish_Stu
31st Jul 2007, 11:48
Being my first attempt at any of these schemes, I'm not exactly sure how things work.. But thanks for clearing that up.