is it night stops all the time
do you do many standbys

if not lgw are they taking on at lhr

thanks in advance for any info

merry xmas to all...

Eddy
23rd Dec 2005, 18:23
what a/c type
Boeing 737s. Series -300, -400 and - 500. I believe they are still using one Airbus A319 down there for some routes and the number of these at Gatwick is set to increase.

could you commute
Yeah. A nice chap on EF LGW lives in and commutes from Amsterdam. Says it works out just fine.

is it night stops all the time
For the most part, yes. There are a few night stops available but these are mainly the domestics. I do understand there to be a small number of Euro overnighters available though.

if not lgw are they taking on at lhr
Not any more, AFAIK. Even internal recruitment is now limited to Euro Gatwick.

sweety
24th Dec 2005, 15:24
BA is currently recruiting for EF LHR , check their website! The only thing is, only 6 months temprorary contract is on offer at the moment.

Good luck if you are applying!:ok:

RicoStyle
24th Dec 2005, 16:27
What is the difference between EF LGW and EF LHR except the base?

Da Dog
24th Dec 2005, 16:34
Rico ££££££££££££££ and BASSA;)

RicoStyle
24th Dec 2005, 19:10
Ok, I got it!!!:ok:

flyer55
25th Dec 2005, 11:00
Their is alot of crew commute who are still Fulltime. Regarding the Aircraft not sure what is happening with the sole Airbus as it is crewed by a Volunteer list , however with the changes at LGW on the Horizion mainly you will be operating on the 777 / 737.
Crew bid for the work and you can chosse to do trips, their and backs and you will get standbys as well which can be alot but very rarely for main crew. Nightstops at the moment are :

ABZ, GLA, EDI, NCL, MAN, JER, AMS, TLS, MRS, GVA, BLQ, HAJ, MUC ,

However HAJ and MUC will no longer be served from March, 2006, but when your on 777 you will be doing the following as well as shorthaul :

ANU, MCO, TPA, DFW, IAH, ATL, BDA, BGI, KIN,

Hope that helps.

luksy
25th Dec 2005, 11:40
Hello everyone

I was wondering if someone could advise me if it's better for me to apply for LHR, even tough it is only for 6 months. What happens then? Is there any chance I could get a full time contract after that or is it just thank you and nice doing business with you???:}

Thank you so much up front for any particular info on this.

And of course...

Merry merry merry christmas and a very successful new year to everyone.

LUX

RicoStyle
25th Dec 2005, 13:20
Flyer55, I thought that Eurofleet only do shortaul. You meant if we make a qualification on 777 we can work on longhaul?
Can we commute from the beginning of the contract or do we have to wait 6 months to get flying allowances like in other London based companies?
Thanks;)

RicoStyle
25th Dec 2005, 18:22
My bad!!!:O
I just saw that for LHR it's not about Eurofleet, but I'm still asking my question about commuting though.;)

Floaty
25th Dec 2005, 18:52
Been EF LHR for some time. When they recruited me, I mentioned LGW as preferential base, then was offered EF LHR as they had no training course for LGW in the immediate future. I accepted and still believe I did the right thing. It doesn't really matter which base you apply for as you can always change your mind when they offer you a training course. Don't let that put you down or delay your application.

Nothing wrong with EF LGW except the hard working hours (loads of doubles and not many nightstops). It is a much smaller base and you may fly very often with the same (great) people, however there are very serious talks involving unions and management: the LGW base will be turned into a mid-fleet one (possibly next year) because keeping separate fleets is not profitable.
Only downside: the money is not as much as LHR.

Last time I spoke to a BASSA rep, I understood WW LGW crew would be offered to return to LHR (as we are under the same agreement) or to stay in LGW under a different agreement (package yet to be specified £££).

On another note, several 'juniors' based in LHR have either volunteered to work temporarily in WW LGW but they will most likely return to LHR when the mid-fleet agreement takes place.

Those who joined EF LHR, then were told at the end of the training course that they would work in WW LGW instead, are on a SECONDMENT, which means they will return to EF LHR after SIX MONTHS operating away from base.

A PERMANENT transfer to WW LHR only takes place if you are currently working under the WW LGW or EF LHR agreement. The list opened last in october 2005 and calls are currently being made by seniority. People who joined before/in January 2004 are the ones being called at the moment. The decision to transfer (or not) has to be made within 48 hours from the call/crewlink message. I am not quite sure if at this stage it is still possible to transfer to WW LGW permanently.

A direct transfer from EF LGW to WW LGW or WW LHR is not possible. EF LGW crew have to transfer to EF LHR first, then put their name on the transfer list stated above. EF LGW lose their seniority when they transfer to EF LHR. Unfair? Absolutely but there you go!

You figure it out...

fj

Sorry, forgot to mention:

ID90 tickets for yourself and partner/spouse and ID80 for direct family + OneWorld tickets are ONLY available after 6 months service.

During those initial 6 months, you are entitled to purchase HOTLINE tickets (30-40% discount) before they go on sale on public BA site. It is a little more difficult as they are confirmed and not refundable, therefore you need to pick a flight and be there in time or you lose your seat/money!

Commuting is possible from any fleet and any base, as you have the possibility to bid for days off on short-haul and you will have 2-3 days off minimum after long-haul flights.

Ticketing machines for ID80/ID90 tickets are available in several locations and are easy to use. Open tickets are the best way to travel on short-haul: you print a few and use them whenever you want (within a year). They can be used on other airlines as well, yet some companies are a little fussy (Iberia for example). BMI and Virgin accept our standby tickets at face value.

Hope it helps.

fj

keeperboy
25th Dec 2005, 21:28
Hey Rico, without bogging you down with the complex organisation, if you join EF LGW chances are you WILL be flying on the 777 within the next twelve months.

Now for the science bit lol: Although EF LGW forms part of 'mainline' they do not form part of the BA Cabin Crew National Sectional Panel ('NSP'). What this basically means is that the LGW EF crews work to completelly different Terms & Conditions than EF LHR/MAN & GLA and WW LGW/LHR. Things that BASSA have negotiated for EF LHR such as meal allowences, minimum turnaround times and much more do not apply to the EF LGW crews.

Perhaps most importantly though, EF LGW not being part of the 'NSP' means that they cannot transfer anywhere else within the BA network. For example, if you are EF LHR you can put your name on the 'transfer list' for any other NSP base or fleet. So someone joining EF LHR can transfer directly to WW LHR or someone joining WW LGW could transfer to say EF MAN. There IS a 'gentlemens agreement' between BA and the unions which allow a certain number of EF LGW crews to transfer to EF LHR, but that is it.

What BA is aiming to do (to cut costs) is to 'merge' the 9 WW LGW routes into EF LGW and relocate the exisiting WW LGW NSP crew into LHR. Therefore, EF LGW crews would also operate the 777 longhaul flights as well as the exisiting shorthaul ones. Albeit, the longhaul flights will be operated under 'new' terms & conditions and payments (ie less) than the current WW LGW NSP crew.

Now if that has absolutely confused and exhausted you, then you will be all set for a life in BA! Lol

RicoStyle
26th Dec 2005, 08:29
Thank you Floaty and Keeperboy, that was really clear don't worry:ok:.
I had an idea, but you made me confused about my choice now:E.
What would you do guys?

Later,
Rico

flybywire
26th Dec 2005, 13:48
Nothing wrong with EF LGW except the hard working hours (loads of doubles and not many nightstops). It is a much smaller base and you may fly very often with the same (great) people

How are you floaty...long time no see.
What you say is almost correct. But not totally.
We can only do 2 doubles in 15 days and as many people move to EF LHR after a while, your seniority will go up and if you stick around you get your rewards.
I bid for our trips and I get (mostly) what I want now.
Of course I do my doubles like anybody else does but I get all the trips that suit my life-style.

We are a (relatively) small base and some days you fly with "friends" but there are days when you check-in and you think "am I in the wrong building??"

Money........yes LGW money isn't as good as LHR and we definitely work for it.

We have many more nightstops than there&backs during this winter's operation (numbers from Carmen) so if you bid correctly you can get as many as you like if that's what you're looking for.

What Willie is doing with this 6 months temporary contracts nobody knows. Bassa won't get involved - what's the point there are far more important issues to deal with - I just hope that BA won't go down the road of most charter airlines. I can smell disasters ahead!!!

In a nutshell: if you can risk, go to LHR. If you don't want to risk, go to LGW. You'll be able to join the transfer list straight away and possibly move to LHR within 2-3 years if that is what you're after.
Good luck!!!

Katie
29th Dec 2005, 14:56
I've applied for LGW...would love to have applied for LHR but the 6 month contract put me off and I don't think you can apply for both. Does anyone know what happens after you do your 6 months? No hope of transfering or being kept on?

Why have they stopped LHR recuitment then?

Cheers!
:D

diesel36
29th Dec 2005, 18:19
thanks for your replies. now a decision to make.

thanks again

have a good new years eve..

scotsflyingboy
30th Dec 2005, 15:41
Katie.
LHR is the most popular and bound to be more people applying for it.I would expect you would get kept on after 6 months.,Quizz a few people who have permanent contracts. Theres just lots of changes at LHR at the mo.

good luck!!:ok:

flyer55
30th Dec 2005, 17:38
Katie, hopefully see you online at LGW . Temp contracts you may get made permament however BA can move anywhere in the first 2 years of your contract !

Katie
7th Jan 2006, 19:29
I have an assessment day on the 17th for LGW, does anyone else have one for this day? :) :cool: :D

DXman
7th Jan 2006, 20:07
Dear all,

Been reading the very interesting thread and I thought that was time to shoot my questions down there!
When we look at the job opening ad on the BA recruitement website, yes the basic salary is different between LHR and LGW... But the difference seems to be not that much. I mean for those of us who are working for a low cost carrier, it's still quite interesting :) . So actually, at the end of the month, is there really a big difference?! (incl. allowances etc)

DX

Oli EZ
10th Jan 2006, 13:34
Anybody got a Eurofleet Interview on Monday 16th?

Apart from a few other threads and what BA have emailed to me, I haven't got a clue what its gonna be like! Any suggestions about what needs swotting up on??! I have read that BA no longer do maths tests, yet others have told me that they still do... can anyone clarify this for me (and also the kind of math invoved would be great too!)

Cheers!

Oli

c.r.m what is it
10th Jan 2006, 14:15
hey OLi,

Had my BA interview yesterday, can promise you there is no maths test, in fact no tests at all! normal 20 mins group task, followed by about 45 mins interview, and a lot of sitting around!! good luck!!

tooposh62
10th Jan 2006, 15:30
That is correct no maths test. just go along and be yourself and listen to the questions in 2-1 before you answer . and good luck :ok:

SallyEZY
10th Jan 2006, 19:12
Hi All,

I cancelled my interview on the 12. because I work for EZY in Germany for a really good money but only Eurofleet. Thought it's the same as flying for EZY but with a nicer uniform and some nightstops....but now I'm not sure if it was the right decision ( mixed fleet )....2 other colleagues have their interview tomorrow/next week......curious what they will tell me..

Sally

luksy
10th Jan 2006, 19:39
Hello

Would anybody be so kind and tell me what the group task consisted of? Was the group exercise like the Virgin's ...cards and stuff, or was it playing roles as well?

Thanks so much in advance

L.

tooposh62
11th Jan 2006, 09:27
No it's slightly different it's set on a train example

mk124
11th Jan 2006, 15:10
For those of you that have an assessment day...don't panic! It's the most relaxed cc interview i've been and the most friendly.

However, make sure you're fully clued up on BA and the products and services it offers to customers. Also you will get asked the same questions that were on the online application form but you must give different answers though. Just have lots of examples ready and do your research and you'll be fine!

For the group interview, you will be given scenarios about passenger entertainment and care on along train journey and decide what to do and what items to take with you.

Hope this helps and good luck:ok:

Also, i've applied to gatwick and have been waiting since the beginning of September for a training date....does anyone know why it is taking so long or when training dates are likely to be? Thank you ;)

luksy
12th Jan 2006, 09:37
Hi

tnx for your replies. I'm a bit nervous awaiting the invitation for an interview....

Good luck with everyone waiting to hear the outcome....

Bye bye

L.

flyer55
12th Jan 2006, 12:52
MK you should be hearing soon regarding training days !

DXman
17th Jan 2006, 15:04
Well my application has been submitted!

I hope to get a feedback from BA soon :)

mk124
20th Jan 2006, 21:16
At last...i've finally been given a start date for BA...3rd april...anyone else starting on that day?:)

flyer55
21st Jan 2006, 10:45
MK congratulations on getting a start date , did they give you a presentation on the The Onefleet ?

mk124
21st Jan 2006, 15:02
I don't think they did, but i was so excited when they rang me that i wasn't listening properly so i might have missed that bit! the lady gave me a number to ring if i need to ask any questions so i'll probably be giving them a ring next week to ask them to repeat practically everything!

I can't wait to get started now after having waited so long...:O

Katie
21st Jan 2006, 15:33
Congrats on your start date mk124! :ok:

here is what happened at my BA interview:

My interview was for Gatwick on the 17th. All was fine till I got to Hatton Cross and got on the wrong bus along with another candidate and ended up at Waterside, what a muppet I was late so along with another girl, I was put onto the 12.30 assessment. They were really nice about it but I felt sooooooooo silly and dim. Make sure you get on BA bus number 4 to Cranebank! :O

Anyway, I got talking to the other candidates, we were measured and had to sit in the jumpseat and do the brace position in front of everyone. Lots of the girls were in skirt suits but several wore trouser suits. There were about 20 of us total.

For the group assessment there were 6 of us and 3 assessors taking notes. We had 5 minutes to introduce ourselves to the group-not 5 minutes each, as in for all of us. Then we had a group task involving a travel agency and customer complaints. Standard group task really! Lasted 30 minutes.

Then the 2 on 1 interview was quite intense, had a purser and an interviewer asking questions. One of them would ask questions and the other would write, then they changed over. They asked things like: 'tell me about the people in your group test, what were they like?'

'what role did you play?'

'when have you been upset at work?'

'tell me about dealing with an angry person.'

'when have you provided good customer service,'

'why do you want to be cabin crew?'

'how do you integrate yourself in a team?'

'when have you been thrown in the deep end?'

'when have you dealt with someone from a different ethnic background?'

I haven't heard back yet so I'm not sure how it went, :ouch: :uhoh:

Everyone I met was really nice and tried to put us at ease.

I have had another email inviting me for a LHR interview but I've emailed them as surely I can't go for another exact same interview and have to fill all those forms in again...:zzz:

mk124
22nd Jan 2006, 15:18
Well done Katie...keep my fingers crossed for you!:ok:

DXman
22nd Jan 2006, 16:50
Hey guys... I'm shortlisted for the next Feb 3rd!

thanks Katie for your feedbacks :)

luksy
22nd Jan 2006, 16:55
mk124 congrats on your interview...:ok:
Katie, I'm keeping my fingers crossed...I'm sure, you did well.

I have my interview on the 31st .....wooo-hoooo so happy :D ....but now I am getting a bit nervous. :eek:

Could anyone please help....they've said that I sould bring the NIN - UK national insurance number, but since I don't live in the UK, I don't have it...I wrote them an e-mail few days ago, but still no reply :{

And what I find strange is that I wasn't asked to bring any school certificates???? is that normal for BA? or should I give them a ring? :confused:

Thanks a lot for your help

bye bye

l.

DXman
22nd Jan 2006, 17:15
Hey lusky,

I dont think it's a problem... I currently flying for a british low cost airline and when I started I didnt have any National Insurance number... I've been given one, meaning they did all the quick process to get one for me.

So I wouldnt care too much about it and it should be alright.

About the school certificate, I would bring them at the interview, just in case, they need it!

Cheers
DXman

luksy
22nd Jan 2006, 17:42
Hi DXman

Thanks a lot.....hopefully everthing turns out OK. :}

Congrats on your interview.:ok:

Greetings...

L.

Oli EZ
22nd Jan 2006, 19:46
Hi everyone,

Has anybody heard about whether or not they have got the job at Eurofleet from last weeks interviews (16th to 20th Jan)?

I think BA said five working days or more but I know that 2 people from my interview day (16th) have definitely got the job - infact they were contacted the very next day!

Cheers
Oli

mk124
22nd Jan 2006, 21:32
You do need to take your exam certificates because they have to make photocopies of them and to check what you put on your online application is correct!

SuperStewardess
23rd Jan 2006, 12:18
I really don't wish to be rude, but is it really any good joining British Airways? I think it used to be in the early 90's, but it would appear that, financially, you're going to be 'worse-off' than a few other airlines, no matter what fleet you're on? Temporary positions, no guaranteed pension scheme, reduced rate travel 'at the company's discretion' if you're lucky. And a basic salary of less than £10,000 sound a bit 'cheap' and conditions which vary greatly from probably every other member of staff at B.A. for doing a similar job? I hope you all think carefully before commiting to a company that isn't all it seems...:ok:

Rachie
23rd Jan 2006, 19:40
I had my interview on the 18th and got the email saying I'd been successful today :uhoh:

tooposh62
23rd Jan 2006, 20:46
Well Done on Getting BA :ok:

OzzieO
23rd Jan 2006, 21:50
I have said it before and I will say it again (for what its worth) in my humble opinion BA is by far the best UK airline to work for in terms of pay and terms and conditions.

I have been with the airline for almost 16 years now so guess I am lucky in that I am on the old contract etc But I would still say to someone considering a career as cabin crew in this country forget the other carriers and join BA.

I worked for BMI for 4 years prior to BA and although it was a long time ago now it seems when I speak to ex-BMI crew not a lot has changed!

Join BA although it has its fair share of problems at least your well paid, staying in some of the best hotels in the world and seeing parts of the world that many people only dream about.

Katie
24th Jan 2006, 16:09
I didn't get BA...never mind. Got GB on Monday! :cool:

OzzieO
24th Jan 2006, 16:21
Try again Katie if its what you want. Never give up. I got into BA on my third attempt and know of people that have got in on there 5/6 attempt.

Good luck Kido.

luksy
24th Jan 2006, 17:06
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that Katie...I know how it feels :ugh: ....keep on trying....NEVER give up. Pursue your dreams...
L.

Rachie
28th Jan 2006, 22:31
I'm going to turn it down - can we just confirm that I'm absolutely out of my tree? :sad:

Turroncin
29th Jan 2006, 11:00
Hi Rachel. I was offered a job with BA in summer for LHR and turned it down. Am I mad? Not really, I just decided it wasn't worth the move to London (financially speaking that it is). It wasn't hard to get the job so I guessed that if I decided to join BA, I can always apply again, and go through the same (painfully slow) procedures of applying.

filipehm
29th Jan 2006, 16:07
thank you everyone for your posts - they have really helped my friend who has applied for BA Eurofleet LHR (temp. 6-month contract) and is going for her assessment day.

i would rly like to the answer to these questions:
living in lisbon, portugal, is it easy/do cabin crew commute to london every time or most times when they are on duty, and does BA pay for this? is that possible to do?
do you recieve a salary while on training?
how do the rosters and the bidding system work? do you more or less choose your duties like a month in advance, and can u basically tailor all your trips and get your first choice?
if you applied for EF LHR, are there chances that you will be put into WW LHR (that would, i guess, be excellent!!) or WW LGW (which i suppose is also great to start off)?
and also, i'm not sure about this, but EF LGW is a separate franchise of BA, owned by GB Airways, right? so therefore all the other three 'bases' belong to BA (EF LHR, WW LHR, WW LGW)
what is the difference between WW LGW and WW LHR? is there a diff in pay or only in terms of bases and destinations?
also, if you know anyone also applying from portugal, or portuguese already working with BA, pls keep in touch!i would RLY RLY RLY appreciate if you could answer these questions asap! thank u to you all!!!

all the best
(btw the title's supposed 2 b 'working for BA' and not just 'working'... lol i clicked enter a bit soon....lol)

apaddyinuk
29th Jan 2006, 16:39
Hi Filipehm,
Ill do my best to answer these questions for you.
But before I do please be advised that the 6 month secondment at LHR is mooted to be moved to the mixed fleet at LGW after the 6 months therefore do not get too comfortable with LHR.

Commuting from LIS:
Well there are a number of flights each day between LIS and LHR. But always buy backup tickets. You will not be entitled to staff travel tickets for your first 6 months. But you will be entitled to Hotlines which are firm seats but cost more than standby tickets. You have the added headache that if the flight you are working on is delayed or cancelled you will be unable to change your hotline as they are not flexible. BA certainly does not pay for your commuting tickets home as it is your choice to commute, if that where the case those that drive to work would need to be paid for the fuel in their cars!!! :} If you are late for work as a result of commuting you may also get into trouble so it is always best to leave plenty of time to get to and from work.

Pay during training:
You get paid your basic salary for the 5 weeks you are in training which is not really very much as you are not earning allowances but is better than nothing.

Rosters:
Worldwide does not really have a bidding system. You can request 2 specific days off a month and hope you get it but it is not gauranteed. You can also make 2 trip requests a year which again are not gauranteed. Your roster is usually rolled every 2 weeks allowing you to view what your roster is for up to 4-6 weeks depending on the time of the year.
Eurofleet has the Carmen bidding system which allows you to plan out the type of roster you have for the month. Again though nothing is gauranteed but it is a good system. I however cannot comment too much as I have never worked on eurofleet.

Placements:
When I joined I was placed directly into WW LGW and I only had to wait 18 months to move to WW LHR. That was pot luck really. Management have already announced this year that the 6 month LHR Temps will be placed into WW LHR only BUT BE WARNED...The plan is so that when EF LGW and WW LGW get merged in October, these temps will be sent down to LGW earning far less money and doing a mix of SH and LH. You will not be on the NSP contract like the rest of BA mainline!!! THIS IS NOT A GOOD DEAL!!! Just my opinion though, I dont wish to upset my colleagues in LGW at the moment.

LGW EF:
LGW EF is NOT a franchise. It IS British Airways and has nothing whatsoever to do with GB airways, BMED, Sunair, Loganair, Cityexpress(connect whatever) or any other franchise that exists in BA world! It exists from the amalgamation of various subsideries and runs off the old Dan Air contract so the crew are in effect earning different money to the NSP crew (LGW WW, LHR EF, LHR WW) and they work to different working conditions. It is this contract which they want to operate LGW WW on as it will be cheaper for the company.

LGW WW:
At present there is very little difference between the two other than the obvious, they only have B777's out of LGW and the only places the crew go to are KIN, ATL, ANU, BDA, IAH, DFW, BGI, MCO and TPA. Also none of the aircraft have crew bunks... :\ . There is no real difference in contracts but the pay is a bit less but only because the crew dont have any long range trips but crew are trained for the 747 so if you are on standby you can still be called to operate a 747 out of LHR which does happen from time to time. But as I already mentioned....THIS IS ALL ABOUT TO CHANGE!!!

As for your local colleagues, there are plenty of people from all over europe in this airline. Dont worry, you wont be alone! Good luck!

DXman
29th Jan 2006, 16:58
You said : "The plan is so that when EF LGW and WW LGW get merged in October, these temps will be sent down to LGW earning far less money and doing a mix of SH and LH"

Okay... So does it mean that the crew joining next LGW base will be both current on 737 and 777 series?

BTW "far less money"... What does it mean in facts? When I look at the basic salary between LHR and LGW contract, there's a slight difference. So I guess the allowances are just completely different?

Cheers
DXman

filipehm
29th Jan 2006, 17:08
hey Apaddyinuk,

thanks a lot for the info, it's really a great help. the thing is that if my friend really is appointed, she will be more or less leaving her life in portugal behind, but i guess she can always com back to visit. the thing is here in portugal things really aren't that great, and if, as you rightly say, the basic salary isn't very much, it's a lot more compared to here! it's a big investment to move to london, but my friend is really wanting to give this big step in the hope for something better! so it'll hopefully be worth it!

she applied for EF LHR and has already booked her assessment day, so i do hope she stays there, as taking into consideration what I have found out, it really isn't a good start to begin with LGW because of the different conditions and pay (i think).

but suppose she does get this job (which i really believe she will), and she works hard and she is valued by BA, do you think there are chances of promotion in terms of pay and chances that she could be put into WW LHR as quickly as you did?

english is obviously not my friend's first language, but she does have, however, a high level of fluency, and can understand english perfectly. do you think that that will be a barrier to her being appointed? and also, the fact that her first language is portuguese, won't that be an asset, e.g. for flights to portugal or brazil? will BA recognise that as a plus and thus is that an advantage for being promoted to WW LHR?

and one last question... the basic salary for someone starting is about £10,500. is the salary (and flight allowance) at WW LHR greater than at EF LHR? if you could give me actual values that would be great to get a general idea of what she can expect, e.g. how much she can (in good and in slightly worst months in both WW and EF LHR) earn.

thanks so much for the help,
all the best

p.s.: if anyone has answers to these questions or wants to say anything related to this, just post a reply or send a personal message! thanks

apaddyinuk
29th Jan 2006, 18:47
Hi DX, When the plans for the merger of LGW EF and WW are finalised, plans will be put in place to train all LGWEF crew for the 777 and vice versa for the WW crew. And as for the less money, the basic I believe is the same. But they have far less allowances and virtually no nightstops anymore. Plus the allowances they earn are less then those earned by NSP crew (those in the other bases). All in all the average LGW EF crew would earn up to 20% less then the LHR EF crew.

Filiphem, Ill try to answer the rest of your questions here!!!

To my knowledge unless you specifically applied to join the LHR EF position which was not advertised as a 6 month temp contract which closed late last year then all new applicants are for the temporary LHR EF 6 month temporary contract are those being places in LHR WW and eventually sent to LGW. Make sure your friend is aware of this.
BA do not really promote for more money as you put it. When you are senior enough which takes many years you may be invited to apply for purser (and then after that CSD) promotion which is also an application process so it is open to competition. More money is earned in Longhaul but only because the allowances are that bit higher. A transfer to longhaul also comes out of seniority. I wont comment on how long a transfer takes at present because with all the changes taking place it could become longer than it has been of recent.
She will be tested on her english, Mind you, I have problems understanding some of my colleagues so you never know, she may have more than an acceptable level :} However dont expect to be placed onto routes as a language speaker as they dont do that. For many of the longhaul routes we have local crew based in those countries who join our crew so we will always have a language speaker. We have crew based in South America who operate those flights with us. A similiar facility does not exist on shorthaul.
Unfortunately I wont release figures online here about wages because no offence, but you never really know who you are talking to on pprune. Its not appropriate to discuss salaries online. However the £10500 is merely your basic before tax and you need to account for allowances which increases your allowances significantly but also fluctuates from month to month depending on where you are flying to.
As for how things are in Portugal, I appreciate that but you must also appreciate that it is all in moderation. London is a VERY EXPENSIVE place to live. I personally have difficulty keeping on top of my bills and I certainly dont live out of my means. But she will get the hang of it very easily!!! But best to know all in advance.
Hope this info helps!

filipehm
29th Jan 2006, 19:14
thanks Appadyinuk!

sure this info helps. yep i completely understand it's really not appropriate to talk figures online. what you said about london being expensive we know...but hopefully through sharing a flat and living on a budget, it shouldn't be much worst than here. here you get paid far less and even though most prices are reasonable, they are too high for our salaries! compared to spain, our country is far behind in money matters! my friend has a close friend who is also a FA for a charter airline, and her boyfriend lives in london, so i think accomodation won't be a problem for my friend.

and yes, my friend did apply for the temp 6-month contract for EF LHR just at the beginning of this year, and if you go to BA's website there's still a job opening. they seem to always be extending the deadline.

as for the english, very honestly, i don't think she'll have much of a problem. maybe in writing she'll struggle, but not speaking. i guess that communicating isn't just knowing the language, it's also being able to 'communicate' in all senses, and that, i think she has:D !

we have however heard that some portuguese crew members are able to spend half of the month stationed in portugal (LIS), though i'm not sure thats completely ture. in any case, she will be starting off by living in london, and she knows that the cost of living is quite high, but it'll pay off in the long run we hope.

also, just to have an idea, do you think you could give some examples of how ur monthly roster looks like, as WW LHR cabin crew (eg destinations, days spent)? if you dont really want to expose this on a thread then please send me a personal msg if you can.

thanks for your help (again)!

apaddyinuk
29th Jan 2006, 22:10
In that case the position she has applied for IS the one where she may get sent to LHR WW for 6 months and then down to LGW.
As for crew being "based" in LIS...certainly not. However, a number of crew on Longhaul do indeed commute from portugal...e.g, they live in portugal and catch a flight as a passenger to london in order to attend work. But this as I mentioned in my first post is a personal decision.
My roster in LHR varies a lot as I am trained on the 747,767 and 777. I generally get about two short to medium ranged flights (e.g...BOS, JFK, MIA, CAI, DXB etc) which are three day trips (away for 2 nights) followed by 2-3 days off. I then usually get one longrange trip (HKG, BKK-SYD, NRT, CPT, JNB etc) which can be anything from 5 days to 9 days which is usually followed by 4-5 days off. I also usually get a central african trip on the 767 or 777 which also tends to last from 3 to 5 days. But it could be a case of a spend all month in the states, all month in asia or a mixture of everything!!!

I wish her all the best with it. :)

flyer55
29th Jan 2006, 22:32
Just like to say that the plans for LGW are not a Merger as WW fleet is being closed and Eurofleet will do both SH & LH. Nobody in Eurofleet LGW has been told about the Temp crew being transferred down to The New Fleet @ LGW. Eurofleet LGW is British Airways Plc - so mainline without NSP (Agreement for transfers etc), so isnt a subsidiary / franchise . Their are differences in contracts but that may all be changing as Willy Walsh is slowly moving his axe, so watch this space .

filipehm
29th Jan 2006, 23:12
Apaddyinuk and flyer55, thank you for your replies!

The roster you described seems to be pretty exciting to me. I’ll be seeing my friend tomorrow and telling her about all this. The position applied for is, however, for EF LHR, and not WW, but hopefully after the 6-month contract ends, she’ll be able to get into WW LHR, who knows? It’s all going so fast… we never thought that applying from Portugal they’d call my friend in, and they did. Now, if the assessment goes well, which surely will, she’ll be on her way to London very soon! Thanks for all the help Appadyinuk, and you never know, sometime soon you two could meet whilst on a flight!

So putting this straight, WW LGW and EF LGW could merge (very probably), but without the NSP contract. And then my friend, after her 6-month contract, if she is asked to stay on (which will be pretty certain if she has been a good air hostess so far, I hope!), she will be offered, most likely either EF LHR or WW LHR, but could, eventually, be offered a LGW contract (without NSP conditions like in LHR). Let’s hope everything goes well – we are crossing fingers for that – so that my friend will eventually, after hopefully being hired, stay on at BA after the 6 months!

Thank you both for your information! I’m really thankful for your helpfulness, which I probably wouldn’t get from anywhere else I don’t think…
Thanks!

apaddyinuk
30th Jan 2006, 10:18
Filipehm, I think I have totally confused you somewhere...
Your friend applied for the 6 month temporary LHR EF position...THIS IS the group that may get transferred to LHR WW for 6 months and then sent to LGW. She may not even see LHR EF. Im actually telling you that this is what the company have announced that they intend on doing! If you I were you I would suggest you tell your friend to call BA recruitment or ask them on the assessement day if this is true and to get clarification. Do you understand? BA do not take on temps very often and they have only done so this year so that they can change their contract in 6 months time and send them to LGW without causing too many problems.
Also, you would never get offered WW LHR after 6 months, not unless things are drastically different in the company by then which I doubt. It will take anything from 18 months to 5 years to transfer all depending on where BA need its crew. 18 months is very quick and I was one of the few lucky ones in recent years.
I hope that makes sense. :}

NEW-CREW
30th Jan 2006, 17:36
Hi

Found out loads of info on here regarding EF at LGW but couldne see anything weighting payments... unless Ive missed it.

Could anyone tell me if BA pay London Weighting payments at LGW and if so approximately how much is it?

Thanks.

Lite
30th Jan 2006, 18:23
I looked throughout the thread, which has been extremely useful & informative might I add, but I still found a question which could be answered by anyone across British Airways ... what is the company's policy with foreign language speakers? I hold a British passport with British citizenship, but am a fluent Spanish & Portuguese speaker, with a fairly good understanding of French & Italian. Whether for a CSA or cabincrew post at British Airways, what is the language pay like, and how vigorous are the exams to prove you're a language speaker? I'm pretty sure that BA staff have flags on their badges, how hard is it to obtain one?

Thanks for your help.

flyer55
31st Jan 2006, 18:10
No london waiting payments as its outside M25!

flybywire
31st Jan 2006, 20:24
Lite....

I am like you fluent in a few languages and was quite disappointed that BA has got rid of language payments in the new contract!!
Considering that 80% of our flights from LGW are to Italy and I am Italian mother tongue, and I speak Arabic which is useful for the ALG and HME flights....it would be in their interest to pay ppl like you and me to actually use their foreign languages!!

Unfortunately though, their policy is that since you're not paid for it you're not obliged to speak any language other than English while at work.
However, many crew feel like doing PAs in the language of the destination. I have been doing them regularly since on a NAP I had a passenger who suffered a severe angina attack and neither him or his wife spoke any english at all. His wife came straight to me knowing I was the one speaking italian on board. It saved time and useless conversations on that occasion, and also on a VRN today none of the pax sitting at the emergency exits understood what my colleague was saying to them when explaining how to open the OWexit, so I had to go and explain to them in italian.
I think it's a safety matter!!! However, paid or not, I use my languages anyway.

I am sorry if this has disappointed you!!!

FBW:(

luksy
1st Feb 2006, 14:02
Hi

I just found out that I made it for LHR WW 6 mths. I had my interview yesterday, 31st of Jan. at Cranebank.

WOOOOO-HOOOOOOO :} :} :}

I would really like to thank everyone for their support. Mk124, DXman thank you...

I still can't believe it....I know it is LGW thread, but anyway....thanks for all the questions, answers, tips ....if anyone needs any info on questions I am happy to help. The interview was a real cracker...and I was soooo nervous, made so many mistakes. I thought beacuse I was a foreigner among so many native speakers, that I stood zip chances. But just......Can't really believe it...

Bye bye....and thanks Ppruners....

I am now BA :D

L.

filipehm
1st Feb 2006, 15:43
hey Lusky!

really?? that's great! my friend is going for the interview next week... hope she gets the job!

but hold on, you meen you got in DIRECTLY into LHR WW as in Worldwide?:ooh: :ok:

if so, that's great! but do they tell you straight away at the interview that you were going to WW? i thought you had to go to EF LHR and then apply for WW.

my friend is also foreign, she's portuguese... we've also been thinking that it wouldbe harder as she might struggle with english when compared to the other candidates... just tell me more stuff about your interview? what happened and how did it go? and did they literally give you the reply the next day??

i'm gonna tell my friend... I cant believe this to be honest, sounds too good to be true!!!

congrats on ur appointment!!!!!

luksy
1st Feb 2006, 18:01
Hi

Well I can't as well to be honest. I'll be working on B767 B777 and B747. We WERE TOLD THAT WE ARE GOING STRAIGHT TO WORLDWIDE for 6 months!

After the interview I was convinced I didn't get it....but today morning just....shocked :eek:

So It really doesn't matter where you're from. I had 2 spansih girls in our group. And they were really nice. Both of them. I hope they got it as well.

gotta run.....I'll write some more, ....i'm very busy at the moment.

Bye bye

Have fun

:ok:

TomOfScandinavia
1st Feb 2006, 18:04
filipehm: let's take this one more time... The LHR Temporary Contract (6 months) has turned out to be for LHR WW as there seems to be or is going to be a crew shortage over there or whatever. BA have never specified if these temporary contracts are for LHR EF or LHR WW in their advertisements at their Recruitment site, so all applicants have applied for those positions knowing (for a fact) that it's going to be a temporary contract for 6 months AND out of LHR. No mention of LHR EF and/or LHR WW. But as Luksy has been to a BA Assessment Day yesterday, and received an offer of employment (congrats, Luka!), it's now quite evident that these temporary contracts are for LHR WW as Luksy has been offered a contract in that fleet (WW).

mk124
2nd Feb 2006, 11:43
Well done luksy:ok:

tooposh62
2nd Feb 2006, 16:14
Well done on getting LHR WW :ok:

bigflaps
2nd Feb 2006, 16:49
ba have been phoning people who have been offered lhr ww and sending them to euro lgw, as they plan to get the 1 fleet at lgw sorted out. ba change things all the time. dont buy a suitcase until u get ur roster with long haul on it.

flyer55
2nd Feb 2006, 20:39
Well enjoy your temp contract on WW LHR as it will not be permanent as the crew from WW LGW take priority as their fleet is closing. Also , in case you didnt know ba can place you anywhere in the company in the first 2 years of your permament contract and that can be Eurofleet LGW or the what the new name of the fleet which is in the contract!

luksy
3rd Feb 2006, 12:17
bigflaps

I don't know if you have been following all of this at BA, but apparently they phone you (if they do, I wouldn't know...yet :} ) and ask if you are willing to take the permanent offer at LGW instead of LHR WW for 6 mths. And some get scared because of the 6 mth. period only and don't know what will happen after that, and I presume take the permanent position at LGW. I wouldn't change it for the world... I like 6 mths just to see if WW really is what I like. And a lot has been sad about Onefleet at LGW to which the temporary crew at LHR WW will relocate....but that is just speculation for now. And the LGW recruitment for LGW EF is taking place right now, so I believe there won't be any shortages at LGW for LHR WW new entrants to fill in :E

And flyer55 you are correct.
I don't know for certain, but if you applied for 6 mths LHR, they would (for some unpredictable change, reason ) keep you on EF or WW LHR, but wouldn't move you to LGW. After the contract is through and when they offer the permanent position, then they can do whatever they want.

I stand corrected of course....

Good luck to all of you and

P.S. - I know a lot of people at LGW WW and LHR EF are pi**ed because of the new entrant WW thing, but please don't go bashing and making rude comments to the newies...we have nothing to do with the BA management. You could only wish us all the best, of course If you have the character to do that :ok:

Take care everyone

Bye

L.

apaddyinuk
3rd Feb 2006, 15:41
Luksy, Im afraid it is NOT speculation anymore. Provisions have been made to integrate the current LGW WW crew into LHR WW. It has already been told to us by the head of cabin crew in BA that the LHR WW temps (you guys) will be relocated to LGW at the end or soon enough to it of the 6 month contract as they will offer you a new LGW EF contract at the end. Of course you will already be trained for the 777 so all you will need then is to be trained for the 737. The reason for doing this is that the 6 months training you will get in WW will counteract the lack of WW experience that the LGW EF crew will have when they are trained on the 777! Hope that makes sense. But sure, I hope you have a great time here at WW with us, hope to fly with you at some stage!

luksy
3rd Feb 2006, 16:35
Hi

Thanks for the clarification apaddyinuk. Great...I really don't mind. The more types I am trained on...the better :} 767,777, 747 and then 737....To my A320 and CRJ that I already fly on....:E

Have fun wherever you fly to...

L.

flyer55
4th Feb 2006, 10:49
Luksy enjoy it when you get WW LHR for 6 months . You mention that EF LHR and WW LGW are not happy about it well EF LGW crew are happy about it as well!

luksy
5th Feb 2006, 10:45
Hi flyer55

I completely understand. If I was in your shoes, I would be to. Hopefully not everyone will move from LGW WW to LHR WW , cause we need someone there with seniority...I wouldn't want to be purser on the triple seven right away...although it sounds good :}

Has anybody heard anything about a start date? BA said they will be in contact with me shortly....but the wait is killing me...:{ ...I know the worst wait is over...but my whole 2-3 months planning now depends on the date....:confused:

take care everyone

L.

apaddyinuk
5th Feb 2006, 12:40
Luksy, Just remember, you need to think financially how viable is it? 6 months with LHR WW is fine although I must admit I have not noticed much of a change to my pay since I moved up from LGW. But when you move to LGW after the 6 months, the terms in conditions that you will revert to will be far from what you were earning in LHR.
It is for this reason that I would be very surprised if very many stayed at LGW from WW.

luksy
5th Feb 2006, 12:59
Yes I understand...I'm there just for the fun and love of it. If I won't like it after 6 mths, I can always return home. Everyone here is so supportive. And I also wouldn't mind working for LGW OneF. Just going for the experience and if it turns out to be a nice one, i just might stay for good. :O :O :O

If anyone from LHR WW 6 mths new entrants knows about their training - start date, please PM or post sth. And if anyone has any info about the accomodation around heathrow area...(I'll be searching it through Everything about BA thread)..but anyway....any info would be much appreciated.

Thank you and take care everyone

L.

alwayshandling
5th Feb 2006, 16:11
to the attention of those girls who are joining BA LGW EF:

PLEASE be fit!!!!!!!,young, energetic,intriguing,smart and lively!!!!!

thanks!

mk124
5th Feb 2006, 20:21
Don't worry we are!;)

pinkaroo
6th Feb 2006, 12:30
I have an assessment day coming up and would be very interested if anyone recently so assessed would give us all a blow by blow account of your experience at Cranebank on the day. What did you get asked? What was the subject of your group task? Some real detail would help here if you felt able. Thanks and good luck!

flybywire
8th Feb 2006, 13:36
to the attention of those girls who are joining BA LGW EF:

PLEASE be fit!!!!!!!,young, energetic,intriguing,smart and lively!!!!!

thanks!

There are already lots of nice, young, intriguing, smart (and many still single) girls at EF LGW......Look a little bit around you........or call me on 07789-&*$*%£ :E :E

:}

fbw;)

luksy
8th Feb 2006, 14:05
Ha ha ha....

alwayshandling
8th Feb 2006, 16:04
flybywire check your pvt messages!:hmm:

filipehm
8th Feb 2006, 19:30
my friend went to the assessment day for BA LHR at cranebank this afternoon, april 8th, and she came out of it quite disillusioned by the view of ba she had. they apparantly were EXTREMELY srict about height, even though she was over the minimum requirements, they complained. all in all, however, she said everyone was REALLY nice and many of those applying were from different nationalities. also, the recruiters were, most of them, quite nice. now she just has to wait for a reply.....hopefully soon! but it is a very dfficult choice she has to make... moving to london on the basic salary ba pays while training which hardly is enough to pay the rent and eat?... looks like things arent that great anywhere around the world. but i think if that's what she really wants, then she should go for it! she's not got a very warm view of londoners in general though, most of them seemed quite cold actually. im not saying everybody's like that (i know that is NOT true because many of my friends are brits), but generally that's how most of them come across as. mayb this is all just because she was staying in one of those airport hotels and didnt get much chance to see the city really in such a short time.

well let's c how this goes! hopefully they'll make her an offer, but the prob is the even worst choice coming up: whether to accept it or not? what do you guys think? is it really worth it to go for BA??

oh btw, for those of you still unsure, althroughout the assessment they talked about LHR WW, so i guess applicants for LHR on the 6-month temp. contract are being put on WW.
anyway, see you soon, thanks for your help!!

9th Feb 2006, 09:01
Disillusioned by BA,Londoners seem a bit cold.Are you sure she's applying to the right airline in the right city?

filipehm
9th Feb 2006, 13:05
yes of course she is. there's nothing much better than ba as far as i know. and as i said, that was her first impression. no offense but that is as most brits come across as in a first encounter. but never mind impressions or perceptions, these change completely when you get to know the brits better.

what matters here is that she will enjoy the job, and i'm sure she'll end up enjoying the place in the people. place yourself in a different position: what if you came for an interview to portugal, were only here for 2 days and had no time to see anything, do you think you would rly have a good impression?

but never mind, what i was asking is if it really is worth going to ba, for the company it is, and to know other people's impression. see you soon!

TomOfScandinavia
11th Feb 2006, 14:03
felipehm: "no offense but that is as most brits come across as in a first encounter." :bored:

Plz, speak for yourself. I'm a Swede and I don't perceive the Brits as being "cold". Does that mean that I'm "cold" too...? :hmm:

Tom

apaddyinuk
11th Feb 2006, 19:20
Im must second Tom here....Im Irish and as anyone can tell you, we are anything but cold....But so are the Brits! They are a right laugh and have a great sense of humour unlike some other of our European neighbours!!!

filipehm
11th Feb 2006, 20:47
sorry sorry sorry! i really, honestly didn't mean to offend anyone at all

in fact, that is not my opinion, but many portuguese people i know have that impression of the brits. portuguese people can come across as the stereotype of old men drinking beer by the roadside or something, but then again, these are all stereotypes.

but yes, i agree with the both of you - that is in fact my view of the brits. but many of us portuguese don't think so, mostly because they don't understand the culture very much so simply opt to label others. it happens everywhere. but yes, i personally agree with both of you. hope that's settled ;)

apaddyinuk
12th Feb 2006, 12:26
but many of us portuguese don't think so, mostly because they don't understand the culture very much so simply opt to label others. it happens everywhere. but yes, i personally agree with both of you. hope that's settled ;)

Hehehe...Yes, And I can think of another Pprune poster of your nationality who is very much as you describe here!!! :}

banewboi
22nd Feb 2006, 09:35
ok here goes:
i get all this simple onefleet, singlefleet, insertnameherefleet stuff, i get that lhr ef, lhr ww and lgw ww are presently on different contracts to lgw ef. i get that if the agreement goes through lgw ww will be offered lhr ww and that it's highly likely that those operating lhr ww on temporary contracts will be offered lgw insertnameherefleet. this means that the totality of lgw and lhr are on different contracts. i don't think it's that confusing. ba are obviously turning lgw into it's none business (but high end) leisure travellers from lgw and everything else from lhr.

this makes good business sense to separate the type of traveller.

So: i have been offered lgw ef, which is likely to shortly become lgw insertnameherefleet, i already do a mixture for a charter company near to home, i want to move down to london work my cute little flight attendant bottom off on ef (lgw then with any luck lhr) and eventually (some time within the next decade) be migrated on to permanent ww so i can be at home with my mummy and daddy and 2 kitty wittys and my everso nice boyfriend. however what is becoming more apparent is that it takes time to get from lgw to lhr so what i really want is a definative answers:

if the changes happen how will this affect me moving from lgw to lhr? at present how long is it likely to take me to get from lgw to lhr? (i have been told everything from 2 years to 6 years) is it (on average) correct that when i get to lhr it takes approx 2 years to get onto ww fleet? when did the last transfer list last open? when will it next open? how long will it be before i could (or should) put my name on it after starting? ba at present have no domestic presence within travel distance between ema and middlesborough and nothing east of the penines what is the chance of them setting up london commute services with the rapidly growing dsa? if i get onto ww fleet what is the easiest way of commuting to lhr? ba connect? or car? what cn i expect to go home with (on average) at lgw? how good is the bidding system? will i be able to bid for as many nsa as possible? and finally what is the difference between the words affect and effect and when should they be used?

lots of questions but i need lots of answers as there seems to be so much contradiction on here, thanks guys!

banewboi
22nd Feb 2006, 09:43
oh n i had my interview with some lovely girls (and one lovely boy!!) on the 17th, it was really good, the atmosphere was everything i wanted ba to be and everything it should be, it was formal but relaxed, it was smart and organised, the roleplay and the presentation were informative, structured and executed perfectly, the interview i feel focused too much on my past experience and how i overcame but other than that they were perfect, ba are perfect, this offer is a dream come true! did anyone else get the job?

flybywire
22nd Feb 2006, 11:17
banewboi.....there are no straight answers to any of your questions. Nobody knows how long it'd take to get to LHR after you start at EF LGW. There have been ppl who did it in just over 2 years, people who did it in 5-6 years, people who have just transferred after almost 8 years.

I always say, if what you want is WW LHR and you want it quick, avoid coming here, as there's nothing worse than coming to work being upset because so and so got the transfer last time and I didn't ,now it should be my turn but there's a new list and now I have another 30 ppl in front of me etc.
All of this has also been putting down people who couldn't care less about moving but get depressed at hearing colleagues moaning all the time!!! Thankfully it's only a minority, but when that happens my book suddenly appears and becomes my best friend during the trip.

Nobody knows anything about the changes at LGW. Before proper talks between company and unions had started there was lots of gossiping around. Now that things have become more certain, and definitely closer and more serious, we hear nothing. Whether it is a good sign or not, nobody can guess.

You can put your name down for transfer as soon as the new list opens. I think it will be Sep-Oct 2006 as the last one opened in september 2004.
You have to have 2 years at LGW before being considered for transfer anyway.

I know nothing about commuting to EMA but there're lots of ppl here at EF LGW who commute to spain, france and a couple of ppl even to canada, so I guess it won't be a problem for you.

Bidding? It's very effective if you "REALLY" know how to bid. The system takes into consideration a million and one things, when you think your satisfaction is zero for carmen it might be the opposite as the criteria used are many and vary a lot depending on lots of factors. It's quite complicated and even the trainers sometimes can't really give an answer to some of carmen's behaviours. I can only say that if you have a very good knowledge of the system you can get maximum satisfaction almost every month. It's normal to get one roster of crap in a 12 month period.
Our pilots use the same system and they have proper carmen guidelines (as opposed to cabin crew's "carmen for dummies" guide) which tells everything you want to know. So if you do well with computer technical terms (and maths) I would suggest you went to the fleet office and asked for the pilot's carmen guidebook. I did it and found out so many things that helped me bid more efficiently.

Average pay: starting basic is 9,700 p.a. like at lhr. Average allowances per month between £300 and £700 depending on the trips you do. Hourly allowances are totally tax free. Longer trips bring more money of course.

As for affect and effect I would suggest a good dictionary - prices from £14.99 in WHSmith in the North Terminal.

Hope I could clarify some of your doubts, but unfortunately nothing can predicted in BA, so all we can do is wait and see, and possibly take a few chances.
Enjoy your training and welcome to the fleet of the craziest crew in BA.....you'll work your socks off, but you'll have a ball.
Good luck

FBW:)

WeLieInTheShadows
22nd Feb 2006, 21:47
I'd like it support everything FBW has said and maybe add a a couple of things.

Firstly I understand everyone's eagerness to get to WWLHR for one reason or another i.e. wanting to commute from one far away place or another, or you want to see the world, or you've heard the pay is better etc etc, I could go on....

The reality as FBW has stated is that the world and his wife want to be WWLHR and the list no matter where you start in BA is long, and as new joiners you will be at the bottom.

It is an uncertain time at LGW at the moment but I am in no doubt that it will be sorted one way or another and there will be some sort of arrangement to transfer to LHR.

But PLEASE.... LGW is a great place to work. Many of us have had the opportunity to transfer to LHR (all my training course are now WWLHR) but we have stayed beacause we enjoy the family atmosphere of a small base and the social side that results. Plus promotion is very swift at LGW, and promises to be even swifter with this midfleet proposal, so those with experience may find themselves in a very good postition.

Never forget that if you do get BA there are plenty that didn't, so be proud that you've got in no matter what base you get sent to. It's still the benchmark for crew T&C's in the UK.

Hope this clarifies some things for all our there. Hopefully see you soon! (I could be training you!)

flybywire
23rd Feb 2006, 19:39

Mmmmm......agree with all that you've said and I would like to say that I have a feeling you've trained me too!! :} :ok:

banewboi
25th Feb 2006, 14:46
i have another question

i've just been informed that a ballot is going through at the moment and you've had info released to you recently regarding insertnameherefleet at lgw, anyone know what the new info is and how it's going to affect new starters? still xfer etc? anyone know of how to find good accom near lgw? and any tips o n reading up before i start??

xx

banewboi
25th Feb 2006, 15:47
"But I would advise anyone who is thinking about BA to go for it, over Virgin but only apply to a Mainline base either Worldwide Gatwick, Eurofleet Heathrow, to transfer to Worldwide Heathrow because if you apply to Eurofleet Gatwick you are not on the same aggreement and will basically get stuck there with no chance of getting to Worldwide Heathrow as they have no transfer rights."

can we or can't we? looking forward to it either way, experience will be good but i do want to move to lhr for their nightstops then lhr ww for the trips and promotio and career path.

The Moo
25th Feb 2006, 17:44
WeLieIThe Shadows you say the world and his wife want LHR WW if thats the case why do 50% of SH crew turn down LH and the list to come to SH is 25% longer than the list to go to LH

WeLieInTheShadows
25th Feb 2006, 19:10
Moo...I say it as I see it. Just look at the people on this board. How many saying "I can't wait to do SH for BA."

When it comes to new starters or many that are at SHLGW I assure that the majority want LHLHR. As for your transfer list figures I can neither confirm or deny that that is the case (however I know a man who can!), perhaps the reality is setting in that you earn more on SHLHR than LH without jetlag as long as you are prepared to sell back your days off for overtime.

Also, if more people want WWLHR why do the union insist on only direct entry into EFLHR and WWLGW? Surely if the already working majority want SH then let them go and just put new entrants into WW? Everyone's happy then.

Perhaps you can tell me.?

BANEWBOI

Nothing has been sorted yet. It's all out of all our hands anyway, so no point worrrying about it. Why not ring up and ask if you can do the WWLHR temp 6 month thing, you won't get any black marks on your file for doing so ro anything like that. After the 6 months you'll either go to SHLHR or midfleet LGW, so you've not lost anything either way.

It's really up to you. Half of the stuff written here is guesswork or rumour. Until you see it happening or in black and white at BA it can ALL change.

Now THAT you can count on!

love2flyxxx
25th Feb 2006, 20:07
I have finally decided to quit my job and make the jump to Ba. (i handed my resignation in today!!!!). So I have made the choice to join even on the EF LGW. Its the family atmosphere I want so I think I will enjoy it more than WWLHR.

However I do have a question if anyone holds the magical answeres. If we choose to go straight to EF LGW as aposed to the 6 month temp LHRWW, is it likely that we would then be unable to opperate onefleet long haul routes due to lack of training on the larger aircraft? Or will we simply be trained on all from the start?

Have to say though, I can't wait to be working for BA!!!!!!!!

The Moo
25th Feb 2006, 20:40
WLITS I can honestly say that without doing o/t I earn more than many of my friends on LH without the jetlag and a hugh crew card

Also scheduling will tell you that 50% of crew turn LH down thats why they have to take temps into LH. And I know many people that have had to pleed to depression route to come back to shorthaul. Also the union will confirm that for the first time in20yrs more people want SH than LH

apaddyinuk
26th Feb 2006, 08:36
Moo, there is a transfer list of serveral hundred trying to get into WWLHR...So why are they bringing temps in again??? No its not because they cant get people to transfer, its because its cheaper for them to train the new entrants quickly into WW instead of running NE courses AND WW Conversion courses at the same time!!! Why are there so many people complaining from within the company about the NE courses to WW. Just look in the BASSA website!

banewboi
26th Feb 2006, 09:19
if i thought i could go for wwlhr then i would but i simply cant take the risk of not being made permanent and if the temps get put on insertnameherefleet lgw then in 6 months time i'd be in exactly the same position as i would be if i started ef lgw, aswel as this i honestly want to do this for the rest of my working life and if i go straight to lhr i'll never see anything different, i have thought that even if it takes 5 years to get to lhr from ef lgw then that's 5 years of experiencing something different, then if i get to lhr ef it's different again and then lhr ww in 5-8 years time it's a whole different ball game.

i think ef lgw is the best starting point for career development because your experience will be so much more varied

WeLieInTheShadows
26th Feb 2006, 14:12
Benewboi that's a very sensible way to look at things:ok: , I wish some of my collegues were as adult:sad: .

Well, if people are desperate to get off WW for the first time ever perhaps things may change. Who knows.

love2flyxxx

There is no word that new entrants starting in April on EFLGW (for those reading this who are on the course) will be 737/777 from the start. However time will tell I guess, and as I have said before things can change at the drop of a hat.

What is certain is that if you are joining EFLGW you will EVENTUALLY be dual rated on 737/777. Oct this year is still the proposed handover date for some of the long haul routes of EFLGW, again...I guess we'll see.

There were some conclusions agreed on friday apparently and more info will come to light in the coming days and weeks I guess. I could post some of the rumours and gossip I've heard about it all on here, but without any concrete info I'll keep it all under my hat for now .:cool:

If anything more concrete does come to light, be sure me or someone else will update all you prospective joiners on the situation.

In the meantime keep applying or get ready for your training, and look forward to flying with you all soon.:ok:

love2flyxxx
26th Feb 2006, 14:20
Just landed off my early morning ****ty Chambrey and definatley glad to be coming to BA. Thanks for the info, of course would love to know more when you do.
Hopefully fly with you soon x

WeLieInTheShadows
26th Feb 2006, 14:41
Well I just came in off an early morning Rome. I'm afraid the earlies are still as early at BA!

I've got to be in for a 05.25 Marsellies and back tomorrow, but finish at 11.15 so not too bad.:zzz:

banewboi
27th Feb 2006, 13:21
:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O
I'VE BEEN GIVEN A START DATE!!!!!!
15/5/06 EF LGW
TRAINING AT LGW NOT LHR
I'M SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED, ANYONE ELSE ON THIS COURSE???
I'M ON MY WAY GUYS!

banewboi
27th Feb 2006, 14:18
can anyone give me a definative destination list from lgw ef and where we night stop?

WeLieInTheShadows
27th Feb 2006, 14:47
Congrats!

Now all you need to do is study the First Steps To Excellence when it comes through, as you will be tested on day 2 or 3 of your course. Get the discloseure form sent off with all the details needed by BA...AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, this will save you stress on your course (as well as us!) so you can concentrate on passing.

Next decide where your going to live if your not local. Travelling can be stressful (and tiring), and lateness incurs penalties (both during training and when on-line). So think carefully.

A word of warning as well.

The first few months are going to be a struggle as you'll only get your basic plus a small amount of training pay (which incidentally you wouldn't get at LHR). So start to save your pennies! (after a good celebration of course).

Can't think of anything else. I met one of your trainers doing your course today and he's very proffesional and an absolutely brilliant trainer (he trained me to be a purser), so you'll be off to a great start.

Again congratulations and see you around soon.

Feel free to post any more questions on here and I'll try to answer them instead of PMing me as some of the answers may be useful for others.

Right....back to sleep:zzz:

WeLieInTheShadows
27th Feb 2006, 15:44
EUROFLEET LGW DESTINATIONS

Band 1:
AMS Amsterdam (nightstop)
DUB Dublin (has been nightstop over xmas period)
JER Jersey (nightstop)
LUX Luxembourg

Band 2:
BOD Bordeaux
GVA Geneva (nightstop)
HAJ Hanover (nightstop finishing end APR 06)
MUC Munich (nightstop finishing end APR 06)
TLS Toulouse (nightstop)
ZRH Zurich

Band 3:
BCN Barcelona
BLQ Bologna (nightstop)
BRI Brindesi (summer schedule only)
BUD Budapest
CAG Cagliari (summer schedule only)
DBV Dubrovnik
FCO Rome
KRK Krakow
MAD Madrid
MRS Marseilles (nightstop)
NAP Naples
NCE Nice
PRG Prague
PSA Pisa
RIX Riga (starting end FEB 06)
SPU Split (summer schedule only)
TRN Turin
VCE Venice
VNO Vilnius
VRN Verona

Band 4:
ADB Izmir (starting end FEB 06)
REK Reykjavik (starting end FEB 06)
CTA Catania (summer schedule only)
ATH Athens (Nightflight - summer schedule only)
OTP Bucharest (Nightflight – summer schedule only)
SOF Sofia ((Nightflight – summer schedule only)
ALG Algiers
THL Thessaloniki
PRN Pristina
HME Hassi Messaoud

Domestic Routes.
EDI Edinburgh (nightstop)
MAN Manchester (nightstop)
GLA Glasgow (nightstop)
NCL Newcastle (nightstop)
ABZ Aberdeen (nightstop)

Longhaul Routes ex LGW (to be operated by EFLGW crews gradually after OCT 06)

ANU Antigua
ATL Atlanta
BGI Barbados
BWI Bermuda
DFW Dallas
GND Grenada (shuttle)
IAH Houston
KIN Kingston
MCO Orlando
UVF St Lucia (shuttle)

There.

I think that's it. If I've got anything wrong please let me know.

banewboi
27th Feb 2006, 16:29
by shuttles you mean bullets? or stop offs?

different bands are distance relative?

and finally have you got a roster example for a month to see trip variance etc.

is there anything i can do before i get steps to excellence?

thanx

love2flyxxx
27th Feb 2006, 17:08
Banewboi,

Im training for the same fleet but starting 03/04/06, so Ill let you know how it all goes. Just as nervous/ excited as you but still haven't got my pack so starting to worry now!!!!

WLITS,

Thanks for all the great help. Im not scared of the early starts at all, its just some of the routes that ill be glad to get rid of! Can't wait to night stop in Geneva as ive been flying there loads but never get the chance to get off the plane!!!

Some1 told me that you operate everyday of your rota which confused me slightly so I have to agree that a sample would be great if you got one.

Thanks for all the help again.
xx

WeLieInTheShadows
27th Feb 2006, 21:03
Shuttles are flights you do in between stopover e.g. You fly LGW/ANU (Antigua which I forgot off the list), get off, then next day you do ANU/UVF/ANU and then get off, then next day ANU/LGW. Hope that's clear. That is just an example as well and not nessecarily how it is exactly (before those who know better jump all over me).

Here's an example of a roster, to say it's a typical example of what you would get is wrong (but it's the best I have to hand), as this person is a senior purser, who is part-time, and has leave.

[TH 16 FEB OFF DUTY

FR 17 FEB ANNUAL LEAVE THRU 21 FEB 06

WE 22 FEB REPORT AT 1455 LOCAL TIME LON
1555 BA2908 LGW MAN 1655 73D
1730 BA2909 MAN LGW 1825 73D FIX
1920 BA2564 LGW BLQ 2125 73D 700
TH 23 FEB 1635 BA2563 BLQ LGW 1850 735 FIX
1940 BA8049 LGW JER 2040 735 535
FR 24 FEB 1315 BA8038 JER LGW 1410 735
1545 BA2754 LGW ZRH 1725 73G
1800 BA2755 ZRH LGW 1940 73G 755
CLEAR TIME 2010 LOCAL TIME LON
------------------- TOTAL DUTY HOURS 2030

SA 25 FEB OFF DUTY

SU 26 FEB REPORT AT 0925 LOCAL TIME LON
1025 BA2882 LGW DBV 1310 73D
1400 BA2883 DBV LGW 1650 73D
1820 BA2366 LGW MRS 2010 73D 1115
TU 28 FEB 0550 BA2361 MRS LGW 0750 735
0925 BA2486 LGW BCN 1135 73G
1215 BA2487 BCN LGW 1430 73G 1010
CLEAR TIME 1500 LOCAL TIME LON
------------------- TOTAL DUTY HOURS 2125

WE 01 MAR REPORT AT 1235 LOCAL TIME LON
1335 BA2584 LGW VCE 1545 73D
1630 BA2585 VCE LGW 1840 73D
1940 BA8049 LGW JER 2040 735 835
TH 02 MAR 1315 BA8038 JER LGW 1410 735
1545 BA2754 LGW ZRH 1725 73D
1800 BA2755 ZRH LGW 1940 73D 755
CLEAR TIME 2010 LOCAL TIME LON
------------------- TOTAL DUTY HOURS 1630

FR 03 MAR OFF DUTY

SA 04 MAR ANNUAL LEAVE THRU 06 MAR 06

TU 07 MAR PT-TIME NON WORKING
WE 08 MAR PT-TIME NON WORKING
TH 09 MAR PT-TIME NON WORKING
FR 10 MAR PT-TIME NON WORKING
SA 11 MAR PT-TIME NON WORKING
SU 12 MAR PT-TIME NON WORKING
MO 13 MAR PT-TIME NON WORKING

TU 14 MAR OFF DUTY
WE 15 MAR OFF DUTY

TH 16 MAR REPORT AT 0635 LOCAL TIME LON
0735 BA8142 LGW LUX 0855 735
0935 BA8143 LUX LGW 1045 735 FIX
1135 BA2914 LGW MAN 1235 735
1305 BA2915 MAN LGW 1405 735 800
CLEAR TIME 1435 LOCAL TIME LON
------------------- TOTAL DUTY HOURS 800

FR 17 MAR OFF DUTY

SA 18 MAR OFF DUTY

SU 19 MAR REPORT AT 1305 LOCAL TIME LON
1405 BA2466 LGW MAD 1625 319
1710 BA2467 MAD LGW 1930 319 FIX
2020 BA2912 LGW MAN 2120 319 845
TU 21 MAR 0640 BA2901 MAN LGW 0740 319 FIX
0830 BA2922 LGW ABZ 1010 319
1050 BA2923 ABZ LGW 1220 319 710
CLEAR TIME 1250 LOCAL TIME LON
------------------- TOTAL DUTY HOURS 1555

WE 22 MAR REPORT AT 1350 LOCAL TIME LON
1450 BA2740 LGW GVA 1620 319
1700 BA2741 GVA LGW 1840 319
2020 BA2912 LGW MAN 2120 319 800
FR 24 MAR 0640 BA2901 MAN LGW 0740 319 FIX
0830 BA2922 LGW ABZ 1010 319
1050 BA2923 ABZ LGW 1220 319 710
CLEAR TIME 1250 LOCAL TIME LON
------------------- TOTAL DUTY HOURS 1510

SA 25 MAR OFF DUTY

SU 26 MAR OFF DUTY

MO 27 MAR REPORT AT 0915 LOCAL TIME LON
0915 BA2872 LGW RIX 1155 73D
1240 BA2873 RIX LGW 1535 73D FIX
1620 BA8119 LGW AMS 1730 73D
1815 BA8120 AMS LGW 1920 73D 1135
CLEAR TIME 2050 LOCAL TIME LON
------------------- TOTAL DUTY HOURS 1135

TU 28 MAR STANDBY 1800 2200 LOCAL TIME LGW

WE 29 MAR STANDBY AT HOME 1100 1800 LOCAL TIME LGW

TH 30 MAR STANDBY AT HOME 1000 1700 LOCAL TIME LGW

FR 31 MAR STANDBY AT HOME 1000 1600 LOCAL TIME LGW

We have a bidding system where you can ask for types or work/ days off/ etc etc. However this is a PREFFERENCE system not an "I want to this and nothing else" system! It works on seniority based on date of joining and where you get placed in your course (based on peformance and exam grades).

This person asked for 2-4 day trips and nothing else, as you can see they did ok.

As new joiners you should expect around 30 - 40% satisfaction on your roster. As you would imagine senior people get more of the desirable trips and weekends off (don't expect any unless it's the only thing you ask for! Even then you'll only get 2 max!)

BEFORE you ask about part-time...FORGET IT! Unless you've been at LGW pre 97 you've got no chance! If you go to LHR change that to about 86!

As full timers you are entitled to 8 or 9 days off depending on how many days in the month.

STANDBY - is standby at the airport
STANDBY AT HOME - is exactly what is says, you have 1 1/2 minimum from when you are called to reporting. Although these can be changed in advance.

As for anything you can do in the meantime...nothing really. Like I said SAVE YOUR MONEY is the best advice I can give you until you get allowances.

Hope this all helps, post more questions if you have them.

banewboi
27th Feb 2006, 21:48
that's fantastic, really helps, if you could get another example that would be ace, particularly of some ft.

asb and sb what are the chances of getting called?
i thought carmen aimed at 50-55% satisfaction?
do you do roster stability sections at all? (7 sb's or contactables?)

i notice that it's 30 min turn arounds? do you operate on cap371 or is there are union agreement or good rostering practice agreement set up?
how harsh is crewing (crew control)? or are they pretty good?

i'm sure i'll think of more questions but thanks so far, hope you aren't sick of me!!!!

thanks again

xx

WeLieInTheShadows
27th Feb 2006, 22:18
Chances of getting called off of standbys at the moment for maincrew 90% - 95%.

New entrants should expect 30 - 40%. Obviously depends on what you bid for and how you bid for it. 50% is optimistic, it's best to give you realistic expectations from the off, if they're exceeded...hey...result!

No idea what cap371 is, short or FIX LINK turnarounds are part of our agreements now. They mean we stay with the aircraft and pilots instead of having to trudge to another plane etc etc, wasting time etc etc. We don't mind them too much and it means we get to where we're going quicker without hanging around. Also meant our hourly rate went up if we accepted them as well.

Rostering is STRICTLY regulated by the unions and agreements.

How harsh is crewing?

This is a big company, and you are just a number. You will be treated the same as everyone else. Some days you will get a 3 day trip from standby, some days 2 doubles and a there and back. It will all be within agreed agreements and guidelines. There is no favouritism or similarly vindictiveness. You can ring and ask if there is work for your standbys in the system in advance if you want, there is no problem with that. Also if you wish a change of duty and they have one that suits you and both them available to swap...no problem.

My attitude towards it all has always been I do what I given, and always be nice a friendly on the phone. At the end of the day these people control your lives...be nice to them...they'll be nice to you.

If you'd like an example of a FT Main Crew roster, maybe if you talk nicely to Flybywire she would post one for you.

I think that's covered everything?

banewboi
27th Feb 2006, 22:39
cap371 is the CAA'a version of the european time directive as we are exempt, it details working times dependant on sectors worked and duty start time, it basicly says you can do 10.5 hours if you start before 9 and do 4 sectors and about 12.5 if you start after 0900 (all local time) once off duty you must have 11 hours or your duty minus an hour (whichever is greater) rest before your next flight and this can be reduced by a further hour if the company hotac you at the airport after a duty. days off must be the 8th day of any pattern and you must have 2 paired days off in 14. it's extremely complex dependant on what time you report, the number of sectors you work, whether you are positioned etc etc.

fix link i presume means that there is no aircraft change?
how do you find carmen works for ba and are their preferences fairly broad?
do you do roster stability sections at all?
and do you have contactables or duty periods that can be altered with 24 hours notice?
do they ever contact you during rest or days off?

i have always maintained a good relationship with crewing and it does pay off when you need something back, if you're nice then they're nice!

can you give an idea of rostering rules?
i heard mainlin lhr operate on a 6 on 2 off basis?

WeLieInTheShadows
27th Feb 2006, 23:24
Cap 371 sounds like or similar to what we do.

Fix link means no aircraft change, yes.

Prefferences are as broad or as narrow as you set them to be.

The whole roster is stable. You'll find on the whole you'll do exactly what your have on the page in front of you. Things do go wrong sometimes, but hey that's flying. There are plenty of agreements covering you, rest, days o, etc etc. So as I said you generally do what you see. The only times of uncertainty are standbys. These can be changed in advance or on the day. You won't get rung up to say your not going to Munich any more, your going to Athens.

BA cannot ring you on your days off.

We do opperate max 6 on 2 off. Sometimes it's less. You can allow Carmen to roster you 7 days on, this will then give you 3 off. Again it's just a prefference.

There are so many rules and agreements I can't post them here. Lets just say on the whole we're pretty well looked after and protected compared to other UK opperators. This isn't charter, it isn't low cost. Most who come from either of these backgrounds to BA say they would never go back and we don't know how good we've got it.

flybywire
28th Feb 2006, 13:17
Just to clarify the point:

Love2Fly.......when I wrote to you that I work every day of my roster I meant every day excluding days off and leave days.

In 2 years in BA I have not been called out while on a home stand-by only twice, one being Christmas day 2004 (we have no flights anyway on xmas day) and one recently in January. All the other home stand-by's were either changed to airport sby or into a flight beforehand or I got called out for a flight.

Crewing isn't harsh at all. Welieintheshadows is correct, you're only a number to them, so they don't log what you say, how you say it etc like some other crewing department I used to know!! Whether you're "too nice" or not won't make any difference to the trips you get unlike some other airlines...if you know what I mean!! For that, we have Carmen (the bidding system).
Also, leave days..........if for example you have a day next month when they gave you a flight but you need it off to go to a friend's wedding....provided there's still availability for that day and that you still have days available you can book a leave day over the phone - even after the rosters have come out.

I have never had any problems with regards to leave/days off. Crewing, instead of calling you at home to ask you to work on a day off because they're so short, they send a message through the crewlink computer system saying that there's rest day work available, and if you want to volunteer you can put your name down on the list.
Easy, and soooooooo much better, I can assure you!!! BA, at the end of the day, treats us as adults and you'll enjoy the responsibilities :)

Guys, enjoy your training, and remember that EF LGW is like a big family, it won't be long till you find yourself chatting and laughing away with your colleagues (cabin crew, flight crew and even ground staff!) on the plane, in the lift, coffee shop, during airport SBY's....
If you have a good attitude you'll definitely be rewarded.
Well done so far, good luck with your exams and welcome onboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ok:

FBW;)

love2flyxxx
28th Feb 2006, 17:03
Thanks FBW, that clears up alot.

I have to say first impressions are good of the staff at LGW. Everyone posting on here seems really lovely and totally happy to help new starters, so thanks!

Just on last question for those who have trained recently. As the majority of training I was told is at Gatwick, do they bus us up to cranebank when needed or do we have to make our own way?

Cheers guys,
xx

banewboi
28th Feb 2006, 17:45
Thanks FBW, that clears up alot.

I have to say first impressions are good of the staff at LGW. Everyone posting on here seems really lovely and totally happy to help new starters, so thanks!

Just on last question for those who have trained recently. As the majority of training I was told is at Gatwick, do they bus us up to cranebank when needed or do we have to make our own way?

Cheers guys,
xx

i asked when they called and the training is all done at lgw where they can and if they need you at cranebank (doors etc) they us you to lhr, you are lgw based so they can only make you travel that far or pay your extra expenses. it's classed as positioning. or should be? (crew back me up?)

flybywire
28th Feb 2006, 20:35
You will do Customer service and AvMed training at Hangar 6 at LGW.
SEP training will be at cranebank for about 2 weeks. They will take you there at the start and will put you in a hotel for the duration of the SEP training. On days off they'll take you back to LGW and pick you up again at the start of the next week.

Do not worry, BA do take good care of their crew. You'll learn a lot about the company during the training. I have to say, after flying for 2 airlines before BA I got really impressed from all the things that are available to BA crew. You'll see our crew report center (JH=Jubilee House) is a nice friend;y place, you'll go shopping in the staff shop and you'll watch tv during late sby, or you can catch some sleep in the quiet room if you feel tired!!!
We also have showers and lockers on the ground floor that are very useful if you commute. Also nice coffee house on 2nd floor and average canteen facility. We have computer rooms and the Quest centre on the 4th floor is great fro practising SEP exams on the computers.

If then you happen to get into the Compass Centre, you'll really be amazed!! I'll say no more!!!

:)

banewboi
28th Feb 2006, 20:43
fantastic fbw, i really appreciate all this, anythin to push me as far as i can go.

so many people want a bit of fun, want a job, want to do something exciting for a few years

i want a career and i see ba as the best opportunity, as the best amalgamation of my idea's and ideals aswell as the best opportunities. can you by any chance give me a rough approximation of a ft roster? any other useful; but probably small info, that you can give is gratefullty received: ways to do uniform, to do hair, to say, not to say, to want, to not openly want. Anything that is insignificant to crew but for those who want a lifetime wth ba is all important: please suggest.

flyer83
28th Feb 2006, 23:41
FBW - I think average is talking up the food in the canteen a bit much!

I'm at LGW EF too, been there a year and I've had my bad and good moments, however I do enjoy working there, i've just come off a 3 day trip and had a great crew and enjoyed every second, even though it was somewhat challenging at points! Thankfully there are a vast majority of people at LGW who I love working with of course there are those who sometimes I cant stick, of course you will get that everywhere.

Its gonna be an interesting year at LGW and its potentially a good time to be joining, I'd say to anyone to go in with your eyes open and enjoy it!

yellowdog
1st Mar 2006, 16:50
OK, hearing loads of rumours about "mixed flying". Who knows anything? Anyone?

banewboi
1st Mar 2006, 17:40
see the lgw thread, but should be 737's and 777 mixed fleet by oct

flyer55
1st Mar 2006, 18:11
Still in discussions at moment !

yellowdog
1st Mar 2006, 18:38
flyer55, heard it had been signed off...

then heard there were some sticking points....

then heard it was as far away as ever....

do we just have to wait and see:confused:

flyer55
1st Mar 2006, 21:38
Yeah we will all have to wait and see as its gone very quiet at lgw!

flyer83
2nd Mar 2006, 08:50
Rumour has it that an announcement and ballots are imminent, all sorts going round, I'll believe the rumours when I have something on paper in front of me though.

WeLieInTheShadows
2nd Mar 2006, 14:20
Just got this in the post from Amicus.

"Further to my recent correspondence regarding the intro by BA of a single fleet at LGW I can inform you that the NSP was reconvened on Wed 22nd and Thurs 23rd MAR 2006.

As a result, further improvements have been made around the areas of rest period, duty times, and days off. These improvements, together with entry into a new LGW Consultative Group, have provided us with the basis of an agreement."

blah blah.....some of other stuff that concerns current WWLGW crew.

So there's the latest.

ali777
2nd Mar 2006, 15:55
can you give us some more details
im among those temp ones who i suppose will start with WW, but then........?????
God knows..

ali777
2nd Mar 2006, 15:56
welieintheshadows, tell us, are we going to be all right????

luksy
2nd Mar 2006, 16:38
WeLieInTheShadows

i don't know if I got that right? You mean February right?:hmm:
So it is gonna be NSP contract?

Thanks for all the info

Kind Regards

L.

WeLieInTheShadows
2nd Mar 2006, 18:12
Sorry. That was Feb not Mar. Typo on the unions part!

Guys that's litterally all it says!

I can understand you all want more info but I simply don't have it. There are so many rumours flying around about onefleet/midfleet, but it wouldn't be fair for me to post them here as.....they are only rumours, and I'm only going to give you definate concrete info that I know for a fact.

Some people have posted on the other BA thread on this forum, and seem to have more info on the LHLHR temps and what will happen to them. You could Pm them or post asking?

Maybe someone on here has access to the BASSA forum (I'm CC89) and can help these people out?

flyer55
3rd Mar 2006, 22:34
Not long now so keep watching this space ....

banewboi
5th Mar 2006, 13:30
hi guys

anything new? wlits? fbw? ba is silent and i need input, can barely contain my excitement!!!

also, anyone know of somewhere to live? i start 15/5/06 and need somewhere near lgw

xx

WeLieInTheShadows
6th Mar 2006, 11:19
Nothing new I'm afraid.

I'll keep a look out for a room for you.

pips
7th Mar 2006, 12:23
I was told that lgw are going to have 5 new routes (long haul) when the mid fleet happens as well as nsp rights (at last) .I know that theres alot of lhr crew that will not be happy about this , but dont forget we all had the same interveiw to work for the same company.Some people in lhr forget this, in this company its a case of being in the right place at the right time!! So some good news for lgw crew is well and truley over due,BRING IT ON !!

luksy
7th Mar 2006, 12:38
pips why shouldn't LHR crew be happy? It has nothing to do with them. They have their NSP. LGW apparently will have it as well. :confused: 5 new LH? Interesting. New destinations or a move from LHR?

Take care everyone.

P.s. - I'm starting my course on 1st of May LHR WW, because of my NIN reg. process that's going to last for a couple of weeks or so. If anyone on the same course PM me.

l.

WeLieInTheShadows
7th Mar 2006, 12:56
I have heard the same rumours but have had no official communication from the union or BA.

There isn't normally any smoke without fire, but until I see it in writing then I'm reluctant to put anything on here which may sway people to choose "their fate" so to speak.

I'm sure it will all come out in the coming days, so everyone will just have to be patient (I've been patient for over 8 years so a few more days isn't going to make much difference.)

To answer you question Lusky.

People may be a bit cheesed off because at EFLGW promotion is very quick and done on merit (eligable after 2 years service), on all other fleets it's done on date of joining (invite, then interview). I think invites are at joiners in 1991 (that could be wrong but just what an old mate on WW told me 2 weeks ago).

So...you can see the difference, and the potential for upset when all of a sudden the list gets longer because EFLGW pursers could transfer direct into WWLHR taking up promotion slots etc etc.

Wouldn't suprise me if there is some clause in the new agreement putting the brakes on this.

Without being within the company yet it's difficult to understand, but believe me it's all very complicated and emotive.

If it does all come up roses for us, all I can say is..it's been a long time coming!

pips
7th Mar 2006, 13:13
Its all to do with seniorty in ba,lgw sh have never been in the nsp so when they go into it, (about 1000 crew ) it means that the transfer list for longhaul lhr (if thats what you want) will take that much more longer to reach because as well as gla , man ect you will also have lgw now. It is only fair that lgw crew become part of the nsp because as i said before we all had the same interveiw you just dont know where your gonna be until the day. We have crew here that were told they was going to be lhr and on the first day it said welcome to euro fleet lgw .Because ww lgw will be no more, for the crew who commute ect the only other option will be ww lhr (well not the only option) but you know what i mean , so the waiting list for lhr will be bigger and take that much more longer to get onto. When mid fleet happens all wwlgw crew will go up to lhr ww so again for all sh crew who are on the list it will mean that transfering to lh ww will take longer.Sorry am not very good at explaining myself , i even manage to waffel on the computer!!!

bigflaps
7th Mar 2006, 16:17
if lgw did join the nsp all crew at euro lgw would get new start date with nsp rights and slot in at the back of the q. d.o.j oct 2006.

WeLieInTheShadows
7th Mar 2006, 16:25
Well that's one theory. We were told it would be 2001 when we signed mainline contracts.

Who knows eh. Will all come out in the wash, as it's alreafy decided I guess.

yellowdog
7th Mar 2006, 17:09
big flaps why should that be the case :mad:

We have just as much right to fit in as anyone. Why should I as a Purser with 9 years seniority bow down to someone who has two weeks in the company.

When the discussions were going about 4 years ago this is what nsp suggested and lgw said no, why should it be any different now.

We serve the same food, look after the same passengers, put up with same rubbish just for the lhr unions to say your not worth anything at all have a nominal doj. I for one will do everything to stop this happening

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyway rant over.

Looks like there maybe some news on the final outcome of the mixed fleet talks this week and maybe some good news for LGW.

Watch this space.

WeLieInTheShadows
7th Mar 2006, 17:38
See Lusky, you've opened a right can of worms now.:eek:

luksy
7th Mar 2006, 18:02
So sorry...:hmm:

WeLieInTheShadows thanks for the explanation. Maybe within a week or two in BA I will come to realize and understand the BA LGW/LHR love affair :E

I agree that seniority in this business must be mantained, cause it is only the right thing to do. I believe Unions know this more than well and will try to arrange and negotiate conditions to be fair to majority of the crew.

But come on, don't start fighting over this, as It is not yet confirmed...just gossip, hear-say ;)

But honestly I believe NSP for the whole company is the only right thing to do. You cannot be less worthy because you work at LGW (with regard to t&c of course), we all passed the same interview:ok:
It just isn't right. In my dream world we'd have LGW and LHR full rich of worldwide and european destinations so everyone could choose ...but uf....reality hits hard sometimes:} :} :}

Love and take care everyone...

L.

bigflaps
8th Mar 2006, 11:43
just spoke to bassa re singlefleet. it has all been signed announcement to be made v soon. singlefleet and lgw euro will NOT be given nsp.

banewboi
8th Mar 2006, 15:03
WLITS i understad why you wont but it would be nice if you posted some rumour on this here rumour network!

lots of things flying (excuse the pun) about and you seemed to know your fish.

the way i understand the situation nsp would be nice for lgw ef if it stays, if it doesn't and turns into singlefleet then it would not necessarily have to have nsp.

i understand that the differences between nsp and ef lgw working conditions are such that the present agreement which ef lgw are working under is incompatible with long haul operations, (i may be wrong), if this is the case then ba would have to hammer out a new, single fleet agreement for rostering and as this would include many people on lgw ww or even lhr ww the crew involved would certainly want the best deal.

looking at things from a business perspective i think it would be necessary for singlefleet to come under nsp or under a brand new agreement, as it has prooved extremely difficult for other operators operating more than one type of contract to continue it's efficient use when crew's are on the same a/c but different contracts. this isn't to say it can't be done, it's just not very good.

however if all has been signed off and i'm wrong i'll just shut my mouth.

any info would be good now!!

p.s. at lgw would it be better to live in horley or crawley? as i believe ba work out of the north terminal. is this correct?

xx

love2flyxxx
9th Mar 2006, 11:03
BF

Im probably being stupid but please can you clear up. I understood the onefleet would mean no more EF out of LGW, will there still be both then?

Banewboi, crawley is closer as you will prob still be parked in the x car park (south terminal) but not huge amount of diff.

banewboi
9th Mar 2006, 11:24
i won't be driving, i'll be relying on public ttransport and taxis etc, so if one is closer to the report room then that's where i need to be.

singlefleet will be a ww ef mix so the way i have understood crewing levels and flights people will have half and half ww and ef on their rosters.(ish)

flyer55
9th Mar 2006, 14:34
Well all it has been signed and the Singlefleet up and running 1st Oct, 2006 and will be in NSP (this is getting discussed with both unions)

flybywire
9th Mar 2006, 14:52
i won't be driving, i'll be relying on public ttransport and taxis etc, so if one is closer to the report room then that's where i need to be.

Banewboi I used to live in Horley as I didn't have a car and lived there for 3 years. I could walk to the south terminal in 15 minutes. Then used to catch the transfer train between the 2 terminals and it used to take me the same time as when I got a car and had to park in X car park, then wait for the bus!!

My ex-housemates have a double room available, £270 per month plus bills. If you are interested, give them a call on 01293-771984. Their are both boys.

WLITS the purser promotion procedure has changed, you now need 1year with BA and at least 1 with another airline, or 2 years with BA. It will be interesting to see what happens!!!

Yellowdog I agree with you 100%!!

love2flyxxx
9th Mar 2006, 15:07
Thanks for the clear up guys.
Looks like gatwick might be a pretty good place to be in the near future. A great combo of all types of flying.
Can't wait t0 meet you all, and thanks for keeping us informed.

yellowdog
9th Mar 2006, 15:24
Everyone,

Understand that an announcement was made today, although haven't seen it personally.

Not at work til Sunday, so does anyone have details on the "details" as CC89 and BA intranet have no info on them.

lovetoflyxxx when are you starting? it's a great base so you will have a great time.:ok:

banewboi
9th Mar 2006, 16:15
Well all it has been signed and the Singlefleet up and running 1st Oct, 2006 and will be in NSP (this is getting discussed with both unions)

ok so singlefleet is coming in? and nsp control?

which is still being discussed?

anyone care to share the details of the announcement?

fbw? wlits?

thanks for the number will call later on.

is it correct that ba use the north terminal at lgw? or do they use both? or even just south?

finally does anyone know where training is at lgw?

ta!! x x

love2flyxxx
9th Mar 2006, 17:12
Yellowdog,
My course is on 03/04. Havn't yet got the work pack or ne thing so will be a bit of a rush with uniform etc. Handed in my notice at my job last week so better bloody well pass the training course now!!!!!

Banewbio, I was told on here that our training would be in a hanger at gatwick and that SEP was at Heathrow. That we would be put up in a hotel at H.Row whilst up there and bused back when it was our days off.

Sounds pretty good going to me. Im impressed with BA from the start!!!!!!

flyer83
9th Mar 2006, 17:24
so definatly NSP or not? I know thats a bit of a contentious issue with many at the mo as obv those with high seniority dont want to loose it and those at the top of the transfer list to LHR wanna go before 2 years, but then there are those who want it too!

Anyone got the real news then?

tofster
9th Mar 2006, 18:47
From what I have heard from friends at work today the notice simply says that the unions and the company have agreed on all the points for single fleet and the start date is still expected to be October 2006. I assume there will be a more indepth announcement soon.

As for training at LGW, it is held at Hangar 6 on the perimiter road. You will get details of how to find it in your start pack. There is a small canteen at hangar 6, you may want to bring your own food. Sometimes the queues are long and it's meant to be primarily for our engineers etc, I used to feel sorry for making the guys wait so long sometimes!

WeLieInTheShadows
9th Mar 2006, 20:38
The only reason I don't post rumours on here BANB is that people like yourself may be reading this and making career decisions based on what they read.

Making those choices based on rumour is not good in my opinion, so I try to only post facts, especially at a time like this.

For example look at BIGFLAPS posting one thing, and flyer55 posting the opposite. No one is the wiser, and people go to work annoyed and frustrated. Or new people like yourself are even more confused.

If you want a more extreme example look at the BA pilots to stirke thread, same thing.

After speaking to a union rep it would seem the deal has been done and all details will be releases in forums next week.

Whatever happens...happens. Only a few days to wait now and the facts will be in the open for all to see.

Then I will post them and my thoughts on them.

Sounds boring I know, but at the moment that's the way I'm gonna play this game

WeLieInTheShadows
9th Mar 2006, 20:47
Oh...by the way.

If you have no transport I would suggest accomadation near a train station, either Crawley, Three Bridges, or Ifield.

Horley is ok, but a touch dull and nightlife is nowhere near that of Crawley!

Also if your near Crawley/ Three Bridges you can be within walking distance of shops, pubs, etc etc.

Just advice but you will need a life outside of work, trust me!

Hope your saving you pennies by the way. Remember...First 2 months the wages will be rubbish! (Around £600 - £700):eek:

banewboi
9th Mar 2006, 21:08
this sounds so dull that it's not true but me n my partner have been together for 5 years, i really am happy but because of a few things we are going to have to live at opposite ends of the country for a while and i am going to be supporting us both whilst my parents support me until about chrsitmas. i don't want a life, i don't want to be close to a pub (it will only worsen my alcohol habit!!!) and i don't really want to be sociable until i really have my life back on tracks. i want to get to work quickly and easily and go home to my ageing grandparents (and aging boyfriend!!) as often as possible. i want to make a few friends but only enough to keep me happy and nly to go out once in a while (god i feel old).

patheitic little anecdote over, i really, really want this and it doesn't really matter what people say, although the comments on here did make me see how unstable my postion at lhr temp would be. i weighed my descision carefully and have thought things through and i think if more people added i've heard or i believe to the beginning of their threads this would be far more stable. i would be interested if you would pm me with what you do know to enable me to continue my research etc into a postion i intend to keep for the rest of my working life. the best start to this the better, i cannot begin to describe how childish i am about MY JOB WITH B F**KING A!!!!!!
sorry.....

flyer55
9th Mar 2006, 21:54
Well as this information I posted came from the meeting today , its true and its happening ! As for new routes no new routes as yet but you never know!!
NSP will be happening as the unions in discussions with the finer details!!

If you want any more let me know!!!!!!!!!

pips
10th Mar 2006, 09:13
I spoke to the DMS , and midfleet will not be joining the nsp i was told , once again ef lgw crew count for nothing.Its such a piss take , how the company can look you in the face and tell you this is beyond a joke,STRIKE!!!

WeLieInTheShadows
10th Mar 2006, 09:38
See what I mean....AGAIN!:(

Listening to rumours can ruin your day, or make it.

PIPS chill out. When this was all announced 2 years ago no one even thought that we'd be joining the NSP. Now it might seem that it's a possibility. Look at it as if we do.... it's a result. If we don't...then at least we'll be in the same position we are now AND flying longhaul.

8 years ago when I joined you only got the chance to go to SHLHR after 6-7 years at EFLGW (was EOG back then), and no chance of longhaul or NSP on the horizon. So things have only got better.

Don't let it ruin your day or your week, it's not worth it.:cool:

banewboi
10th Mar 2006, 11:04
if lgw did get nsp support/control, what exactly would it mean for the crew?

yellowdog
10th Mar 2006, 15:46
banewboi, all,
This is the way I read it, from when I was a union rep.
Advantages from joining the NSP.
1)Staff will be able to join the transfer lists to change fleet when they open.
2)Upon transfer you will keep your rank and seniority.
3)All union discussed issues will be for the whole cabin crew community. i.e. what LHR do we will do, EG300 etc.
Disadvantages from joining the NSP.
1)No guarantee we will not be put at the bottom of the seniorirty list.
2)Transfers will only be available in rank. Pursers will only be able to transfer if purser gaps exist on the fleet you want to transfer to.
3)All union discussed issues will be for the whole cabin crew community. i.e. what LHR do we will do, EG300 etc. We will loose our "local" ability to come to agreements with local management.
One thing that will definately not happen is EFLGW going onto EFLHR terms and conditions. It is not the golden elixir that everyone seems to think it is.(my own view)
I personally am neutral to EFLGW being in the NSP, however I am totally against us being put at the bottom of the seniority list.:mad:
Hope this answers your question. I am open to being corrected if the above is wrong:confused:

flyer55
10th Mar 2006, 17:11
EF LGW will be part of nsp and all union reps in both Bassa and Amicus know about this !

yellowdog
10th Mar 2006, 17:52
Go on then Flyer55 give us some more

Have the talks started?

What are the plans?

How does it work when NSP crew at the moment want to transfer into midfleet LGW? Will they have to sign a different contract? What happens when we join LHR fleets, do we get a new contract?

Why would management spend loads on buying people out of their contracts when a year down the line we can transfer and get a LHR contract:E

All seems very tricky

pips
11th Mar 2006, 11:19
Welieintheshadows, just to let you know not all crew want to do long haul,as well as myself there is quite a few of us who have been long haul crew.The thought of going to orlando again makes me feel sick, as well as some of the other long haul routes we do out of lgw.Butwe are part of BA and its time the company treated us as such instead of coming out with a load crap all the time. The NSP gives us security within the company and that is what we really need, dont get me wrong its lovley to see the crew all excited about doing long haul but there will be a catch somewhere down the line and if were not NSP theres nothing we could ever do about it, so as miserable as i sound,WHICH AM NOT I PROMISE, i just want everone to think about the situation they could be in two years down the line.xx

lozzi
11th Mar 2006, 16:14
Hello there, can anyone out there offer me some advice?been offered 6mth contract from heathrow worldwide or perm contract on eurofleet from gatwick - can anyone give me a clue as to which one to go for?

WeLieInTheShadows
11th Mar 2006, 16:35
lozzi - read this whole thread if you haven't already my friend.

pips

I realise many crew are not interested in long haul (a fact many DO forget), and I'm sure there will be plenty of people to take the work of you.

You may have a better handle on this than I (I am no all seeing oracle by any means).

What sort of security will the NSP give us?

What sort of catch 2 years down the line do you envisage?

I'm genuinely interested, because if there is an angle I've not thought of I'm quite happy to hammer the reps along with you if the cause is just.:ok:

lozzi
12th Mar 2006, 12:31
Thanks welieintheshadows - only just worked out how to get back to pre threads (my computer literacy isnt what it should be)

decided to go with eurofleet and work my way up, should get start date through when iv spoke to recruitment, looking like june at min so il be on an economy drive from now!

looks like il be seeing some of you in gatwick in near future (fingers crossed)

thanks for the help everyone!:)

WeLieInTheShadows
14th Mar 2006, 21:27
sorry don't know buddy. But ring recruitment at BA and I'm sure they'll help you out. P.M. one of the guys on here whoi've just got the job and I'm sure they have the appropriate number.

apaddyinuk
14th Mar 2006, 22:49
Hi Doorisarmed,
Im a fellow paddy in BA. Im not sure what "intermediate Cert" is as I believe they have changed the whole exam thing in ireland since I left school in 99 but basically you need to have reached Leaving Cert level and passed at least Ordinary Maths and English!!! Hope that solves your query and good luck with your application!!!

P.S...Even if you have not reached that level still send off an application as a friend of mine failed maths in the LC and she was still accepted because of her wonderful personality...:} !!! Anyways, you need only really worry about maths when it comes to counting that you have the correct number of meals onboard (amazing still how many people get that wrong, haha), as for duty frees, its all automatic and only CSD's really need to worry about calculating crew hours!

WeLieInTheShadows
15th Mar 2006, 15:18
New Gatwick fleet Memorandum of Agreements arrived in the post today.

Nothing we weren't expecting.

You can prefference not to fly longhaul if you want.

Union and forums with management all at LGW tomorrow and friday.

More news to come I guess.

banewboi
15th Mar 2006, 16:42
any news of lgw joining the nsp?

WeLieInTheShadows
16th Mar 2006, 15:57
New LGW fleet will be in the NSP. It also has seperate negotiating rights outside the main body (LHR, MAN, GLA).

Transfer agreement will be renegotiated at a later stage, however the general view from both sides is that a fairer more favourable transfer arrangment will be reached in the future for it's LGW crew involving moving fleets and keeping rank, seniority, pay.

However negotiations promise to be involved, emotive, and lengthy, so don't expect any resolution soon as they haven't even started. Negotiations are still being fianlised with the new LGW fleet and that has to be sorted first.

Being in the NSP is a BIG START and hopefully the shape of things to come - basically....LGW crew have a voice and it will be listened to, if people like it or not now.

New crew compliments 11 - 10 depending on A/C config will be trialled in first month.

CSD roll will be replaced by Cabin Manager who will now take an active role in the service, with less paperwork. The new role will be current EFLGW purser pay plus an additional non-pensionable basic salary increase.

No new routes planned.

Training will start in Aug in seniortiy order (however there may be reasons form time to time some crew may trained out of seniority order). However new entrants starting in AUG may end up being trained on 777 imeadiately.

New scheduling agreement is still very good compared to other UK LH carriers.

Union members will be balloted in coming weeks on should the new LGW fleet agreement should be accepted.

Hope that answers a few more questions.

flyer83
22nd Mar 2006, 16:27
Just wondering if anyone knows if/when we are going 3 crew, just been doing my bidding and it seems like there are a lot of crews who are split up on trips, was wondering if thats cos there are only going to be 3 crew?

Anyone any ideas?

banewboi
23rd Mar 2006, 09:40
and what crew is on the 777?

will it still be 4 class config?

will the 777's be run in the same way they are at lhr?

will we still get an extra crew member on business class kitted 737's?

what will the ratio of lh:sh be roughly?

think that's all

xx

WeLieInTheShadows
23rd Mar 2006, 12:33
First month of opperation there will be trials of lower crew levels.

3 class 777 - 1 Cabin manager/1 Purser/8 main crew
4 class 777 - 1 Cabin manager/1 Purser/9 main crew

If trials are successful then these will be made permanent.

If not, will go back to the current crewing levels.

The service will be the same as at LHR

737 3 crew trials continue. No changes have been made as yet as they have not been successful. There are no plans to remove Club Europe from LGW as of yet as there is still a demand for it from our passengers.

It's not clear what the mix of long and short haul will be. The figure 60% longhaul/40% short has been banded about before but of course this all depends on things like bidding which of course works on seniority.

If you are starting in May/June/July, you will be a way down the list when it coes to your conversion course as this will also been done on seniority.

If you start in Aug/Sep/Oct onwards you will be 777 trained from the start. this is for issues of recency (you must fly on A/C you are trained on once every 3 months).

However the earlier you start, the more senior you will be.

Don't forget you seniority within your training course is down to your performance on the course. So being the top of the course as opposed to the bottom could be 20 spaces difference. Doesn't sound a lot I know but when it comes to transfer, getting part-time, getting that nice trip, or getting that conversion course, one or two spaces can be ALL the difference!

:cool:

banewboi
23rd Mar 2006, 12:53
i have strugelled (tried a few times and still can't spell it right) to find a list of what a/c have how many seats.

how many seats are there on the 777 (are they -200 or -300 series?)

and what about the 737? how many of the 737's have club?

and finally is is just -500 series from lgw or will we be on -300 and -400 series aswell?

thanx

xx

WeLieInTheShadows
23rd Mar 2006, 13:03
I don't know how a many seats on our LGW 777's, or the configs.

We have 737 300/400/500 at LGW, we also have 1 A319 witha second joining us for the summer schedule.

And before you ask, conversion on to the Airbus is done on seniority and is very popular as they have some lovely trips.

pips
23rd Mar 2006, 15:31
All 777training starts in jun/jul and someone told me that all new entrant crew will be trained more or less from the start as this works out cheeper than taking them off line and doing it later on in the year, but as always with our airline its always galley fm. I was also told that BA want only the cm and one other purser but thats not definite yet, hopefully will have cm and a purser in each cabin ,wont hold me breath but we all really need to stick together on this midfleet and dont be pushed into signing our life away , once we have done it theres no going back.

Gatwick07
23rd Mar 2006, 16:57
If I was to apply for Eurofleet LGW would there be a chance of me going onto the 777? Thanks.

WeLieInTheShadows
23rd Mar 2006, 17:12
Pips, if you attend the forums you'll find out what the deal is from both sides.

As for sticking together. I went to the union forum, how many were there? 5 of us! Then I went to the company one....6 people.

So much for people sticking togther, or actually really being intersted in their future.:ugh:

If your in the union - YOU GET TO VOTE AND HAVE YOUR SAY.

If your not - you don't.

So Pips if your not in the union, join. If you are, get others to join.

Training will start for a small few (trainers) June/July as they will have to train new people on the 777. All others will be trained from Aug onwards because if they are trained before their recency will lapse and they need to go for a refresher again (more cost).

Gat07

Read the rest of this thread and it should answer most of your questions

flybywire
24th Mar 2006, 13:40
I don't know how a many seats on our LGW 777's, or the configs.
We have 737 300/400/500 at LGW, we also have 1 A319 witha second joining us for the summer schedule.
And before you ask, conversion on to the Airbus is done on seniority and is very popular as they have some lovely trips.

Ok guys, I hope I can clarify a few things.
I did my OOF course yesterday and had the pleasure :yuk: of having a discussion with his majesty Director of Flight Operations.

A319 not expected to come this summer, they are planning to keep crew's recency for some ad-hoc work (eg. we run out of 737 one particular day and airbus will come down from LHR to help us out.). Once we're all on the 777 they will use spare 777 to cover 737 shortages combining flights together as they have done lately (BCN, MAD, MAN, EDI).

LGW short haul new fleet proposals to develop within 2 years but only if it becomes profitable again.
Nobody could answer the question why EF LGW isn't profitable.
BTW, ALL our 737 can be configured for club europe + euro traveller or single euro traveller cabins.

NEW CREW: those who join between now and may/june will be trained on 737 only. they will get trained on the 777 afterwards. We need them so that the more experienced/senior people can start getting trained on the 777 from the beginning of july without compromising the shorthaul operation.

As for the new agreement: There's something we're signing for that I totally disagree with. Days off after being called out on stand by for a LH trip.
Table page 25 Example 2b : the company will allocate 2 days off after returning from the trip IF OPERATIONALLY FEASIBLE otherwise they'll just give one day off and we're required to be on duty the following day while not being acclimatised because we haven't achieved a 3rd consecutive night of rest.
I think this is outrageous as the company will always find a reason for it not to be operationally feasible. We cannot sign for the company to do what they want. I've had a discussion with one of our union reps who said "well, at the end of the day the one we had before was much worse". Unecceptable answer from a union rep who should act in my, his own and our interest, not the company's!!!!

Sorry for this, I really needed to vent it out.

FBW:ouch:

flyer83
24th Mar 2006, 17:20
A319 not expected to come this summer, they are planning to keep crew's recency for some ad-hoc work FBW:

So does that mean its headed back up the road soon??

Off Stand
24th Mar 2006, 18:05
The 3 class 777 has 282 seats (40C, 24WT+ and 212WT).
The 4 class 777 has 224 seats (14F, 48C, 40WT+ and 122WT).

WeLieInTheShadows
24th Mar 2006, 19:34
FBW The same person you talked too told me there were 2 A319's coming for the summer. So I guess him and whoever did the crew forum need to put their heads together and decide.

As to the clause you refer to in the new contract, if it was used regularly as the norm then it would not be "in the spirit" of how it was agreed.

Then I would hope the union would address this issue.

tofster
25th Mar 2006, 14:45
Hey Miss FBW!
Hope you are ok honey. From what I understand of the new MOA they are required to give us 2 days rest after a LH trip called from standby if you still have stby days left when you arrive back. However, they can give us one day and owe us a day in lieu.

flyer55
25th Mar 2006, 15:43
Those crewing figures are incorrect and being changed !

flyer83
25th Mar 2006, 15:51
Which crewing figures??

The ones with one purser you mean?

WeLieInTheShadows
25th Mar 2006, 19:53
Also acclimatised means 3 local nights away from base in a time zome more than 2 hours wide.

Basically you have to do more than a 3 days trip (4 days or more) LH going to east coast US or Carrib to be acclimatised.

If you don't (which a lot of the LGW trips are just 3 days) then you come back to the UK acclimatised still.

If you come back unacclimatised and have to operate then your hours of operation are restricted (you can't operate without 18 hours rest and limits are 1 hour less than scheme restrictions or more).

As tofster said as well. If you do end up not having your second day off you do get it in Lieu and you may take it later in the month at a mutuallty agreeable time and it will not be included to your monthly total of 9 days off.

flybywire
26th Mar 2006, 10:32
Also acclimatised means 3 local nights away from base in a time zome more than 2 hours wide.
Basically you have to do more than a 3 days trip (4 days or more) LH going to east coast US or Carrib to be acclimatised.
If you don't (which a lot of the LGW trips are just 3 days) then you come back to the UK acclimatised still.
If you come back unacclimatised and have to operate then your hours of operation are restricted (you can't operate without 18 hours rest and limits are 1 hour less than scheme restrictions or more).
As tofster said as well. If you do end up not having your second day off you do get it in Lieu and you may take it later in the month at a mutuallty agreeable time and it will not be included to your monthly total of 9 days off.

Sorry to contraddict you here WLITS but I have just done the Scheme course (and passed it!) and this is not entirely correct.
As per CAP371 You just need ONE night away from LGW in a zone wider than + or - 2 hours and when you get back at base you're NOT acclimatised anymore.
So basically you can keep flying without any problems but the limitations are more as you'd be using the "not acclimatised" table in the FCO or scheduling agreement.

When you travel to a zone which is further than 2 hours (including if you had an unscheduled night sytop in Moscow for example) the FDP allowed is less than if you had had 3 local nights there. Same applies if you only have 2 local nights at LGW after a long haul trip (EVEN JUST A BULLET).

deanair84
26th Mar 2006, 17:31
Hi Guys..

Got through LGW interview last Friday (17/03) but no start date yet.

Been told of this that might may/June start.

What’s the chances being on 777 if I do start then. Not good from what iv read. Boo :(

If I don’t get on at the start how long u's thinking it might take.

Thanks

flyer83
26th Mar 2006, 17:41
You wont be on the 777 if you start then. you will probably be one of the last to get your conversion to the 777 if all we have been told is true. So expect it Dec or Jan time. Its not all bad though, when I first started I was told we would be doing the longhaul thing by last November so at least its definatly gonna happen!!!

WeLieInTheShadows
26th Mar 2006, 20:34
Sorry.

Your totally right. I read it totally wrong.

You are indeed correct about the acclimatised issue.

I read it over and over and STILL got it wrong!

DOH!:uhoh:

Back to the classroom for me!:(

flybywire
27th Mar 2006, 21:50
Sorry.
Your totally right. I read it totally wrong.
You are indeed correct about the acclimatised issue.
I read it over and over and STILL got it wrong!
DOH!:uhoh:
Back to the classroom for me!:(

No worries mate :ok: no need to go back to classroom, come to my house, we're having scheme pursuit tournaments these days ;)

Now I have to look after a sick pilot so I have to go (as you probably know they're the worst of patients, all they have is a silly cold and the world stops!!!!):rolleyes:

Nighty night :zzz:

FBW:E

WeLieInTheShadows
5th Apr 2006, 16:56
Just to let you know.

Recruitment for cabin manager for LGW Fleet is starting in May.

deanair84
7th Apr 2006, 13:13
Hi Ray..

When did u hav ur interview? Had mine on 17th of March but still no start date.

Thanks

kalixte
7th Apr 2006, 14:41
Hi Ray... and the others!
This is my 1st post ever. I start as well 1 may in LGW and can't wait!!!
I haven't got the booklets yet but I guess it's still a bit early.
Deanair, I had my interview 19 jan.

xxx

heloangel
8th Apr 2006, 01:54
if you work for BA go to your union forum.
if not gatwick crew will do a mix of short and long haul flying form feb next year.So if you are thinking to apply this is the time.

deanair84
11th Apr 2006, 16:36
Hey.. Thanks for info Ray.

Got call yesterday.. Starting 5th June!! Cany waite AHHH

banewboi
14th Apr 2006, 15:17
hi everbody (it's not dr nick!)

does anyone know if the xfer list will still open in october?

and if it does, what sort of wait do people envisage for lhr xfers? will it be quicker?

does anyone have some idea of ww trip allocation? length etc?

thanks

banewboi
19th Apr 2006, 17:50
anyone wanna hazard a guess?

flybywire
19th Apr 2006, 18:13
banewboi.....
everything is not clear at this point at EF LGW. We still don't know what is going to happen re. onefleet. They will need lots of ppl here at LGW so even if the transfer list opens in october tranfer places will almost certainly be limited.

As for WW trip allocation, do you mean WW LHR or what.... you'd better ask in another topic as you might get a higher chance to have somebody satisfy your thirst to know than if you ask about it over here!!

Also, try to do some research......I have seen lots of people asking exactly the same question many many times in the last three years.

chill :)

FBW

banewboi
19th Apr 2006, 20:01
i have done my research fbw,

i meant trip allocation on single fleet after oct, i know ppl don't really know but has anythin been said?

yellowdog
20th Apr 2006, 10:56
banewboi,
hope you are looking forward to working at BA.
from what I can gather the LH schedules are not changing for this winter. However routes are only transfering from WWLGW to GF at two or three a month. So all nine nightstops will be transferred at the beginning of February '07.
The rumour mill says ANU and MCO are the first two from 1st October followed by a couple of US trips in November then two more in January followed by the last three in February.
The trip plans at the moment are based on the number of rotations per week to the certain places and as the schedules aren't due to change then the trip plans should stay the same as they are at the moment. However we will only be getting two days off after a LH trip not three as WWLGW get at the moment. I have heard this may change from summer 07 but nothing has been finallised yet.
From what I know the trips at the moment are :
MCO - 24hrs
IAH - 24hrs and 48 hrs
ATL - 24hrs
DFW - 24hrs
BDA - 24hrs
ANU - up to 6 day trips with shuttles.
KIN - 48 hrs i think.
TPA - 5 trips a week so some 24hrs some 48hrs.
BGI - 24hrs i think.
Hope this helps a little.
btw, on the subject of transfers; please don't come into LGW saying things like "I should've been at LHR" , "I can't wait to go to LHR" it just winds up most of the people already at LGW. Some crew have been waiting years to transfer and still can't. I have been known in the past to offload crew at the briefing if they start moaning about transfer at the briefing:\ Beacuse if you're starting a long day you don't need people moaning straight away.
Hope to meet you soon
YD:ok:

kalixte
20th Apr 2006, 13:05
Wow... Don't mess with Yellowdog!:uhoh:
As far I'm concerned, I don't like flying with crew moaning all day long.
Can't wait to join BA!

And by the way, thanks for the info YD!
:ok:

banewboi
20th Apr 2006, 13:23
i completely understand yd,

i have no intention of moaning because i think i should be at lhr, that's merely where i want to end up.

the way i see it and have said before:

i want to be with ba for the rest of my working life, i want a career, if i was straight at lhrww then how boring would it be for the next 40 years?! i want to do about 5-6 years maybe more at lgw then xfer to eflhr, a whole different style of work, pax, nightstops, destinations, just different, do a few years there and then move to ww lhr maybe 10-12-15 years time, i have a long term plan (don't get me wrong i'd love to be lhr ww) but if i was there from the begininnininining i'm sure it would breed coontempt and complacency. i am so looking fwd to ba, in all of iit's incarnations and i absolutely can't wait to start at what most say is a friendly base!

signed my contract today! looking fwd to the training material!

god i sound like a geek!

fd floozy
21st Apr 2006, 14:25
Had my interview at Cranebank the other day so fingers crossed (LGW base) :uhoh:
I just wanted to ask, in a few years time i would like to return to my native Manchester, providing the conditions change to allow transfers to Manchester how long do you have to be with the company before you can put your name on the transfer list?
Also if your LGW based do you still have to pay for your accomodation whilst training at Cranebank or as it's not your base they will put you up in a hotel?
Read somewhere you do some training at LGW and your SEP at Cranebank?
Oh and something to make you chuckle this was a question someone asked at my interview : " If we have to start at 05.00 BA will pay for a hotel near the airport the night before won't they, because i have a long drive" :ugh:

flybywire
22nd Apr 2006, 15:57
fd floozy what you said is correct.
SEP training is at Cranebank and the company will pay a daily allowance + night allowance on top of your basic salary and will put you in a hotel for the time necessary for your course.
Customer service training + AvMed + aircraft technical course and visit will take place at Hangar 6. At this point you get paid a daily allowance on top of basic pay.
As for MAN Mainline transfers, as things stand right now you can't transfer directly from EF LGW. You have to go to EF LHR and then tranfer from there. If Gatwick Fleet joins the NSP things might change though. I have no more info on this unfortunately!!:\
Hope you'll enjoy your training course, I worked for a few airlines and BA training course was the best. Not difficult, but very informative and lots, lots of fun!! Mind you my CS trainers were the biz, three amazing (and very funny!) people. Do not worry too much and simply enjoy it.....:E
FBW:ok:

banewboi
23rd Apr 2006, 12:34
fbw, i thought with the new lgw fleet memorandum from oct 1st lgw single fleet was in the nsp?

flyer83
23rd Apr 2006, 16:38
BANB - Its not been confirmed that we are going into the nsp or otherwise, we are all very much in the dark about how transfers will work, assume that its going to be as it is at the moment to save any disapointment. Perhaps someone with a better knoweldge of exactly how it works at the mo can fill you in

flybywire
23rd Apr 2006, 18:32
banewboi... I have heard lots of things. Somebody even said to me that the NSP would apply only to those few people who from WW LGW will transfer to Gatwick Fleet.

As for the agreement, we're ballotting it at the moment. All those crew who are in one of the unions have been sent a ballot paper to sign. Majority wins but nobody knows how it's going yet.

Nothing has been decided yet, so I would suggest you to relax and chill out a bit, as it might take longer than expected.

Also, the 3 crew and new service routines will be effective from the 1st of May. I hope this will mean easier rosters for all of us!!!

Cheers

FBW

deanair84
1st May 2006, 10:23
Anyone else starting 5th June??

caly92
1st May 2006, 22:00
Just want to say guys for those of you joining soon,im on my second week now at lgw training and its bleedin great,,,,,,,,everyone is so kind the trainers are fab,and the cammeradery(sounds like a cheese):) :) :) :) builds up so soon,,,,,,the right choice by far:) :) Lap it up,,,,,,,,,,

irisheyes
2nd May 2006, 08:14
Hi guys, im 33 yrs of age and thinking of applying to BA but im worried i may be too old. Unfortunately i applied twice before many years ago when i was 24 and 25 and was unsuccessful at group interview stage. What exactly are they looking for at these group interviews. In addition as im from Ireland we have the Irish Leaving Certificate and i did this over 14 years ago. will they still require original certificates of this ? They didnt last time. Your advice would really be appreciated.:)

EI-CFC
2nd May 2006, 11:22
I don't think you'll nessecarily be too old at all. Airlines are becomming a lot more flexible these days than they used to be.

As for the certificates - even if they do require copies, you can obtain them from the State Examinations Commission (just google for the link).

flybywire
2nd May 2006, 11:43
Irisheyes....there was a woman on my course few years ago who was in her late 40's!!!

You're not too old, at all!! Hopefully see you online soon :ok:

r3please
2nd May 2006, 11:52
Irisheyes,

Definately apply to BA. I got in at 35 and a friend of mine is 47 and just got into BA.

They are not asking for school certificates either, life experience is more important to them.

Off Stand
3rd May 2006, 01:17
My girlfriend's dad is 53 and starts next month!!!!!

exmax
3rd May 2006, 05:30
r3please - is that right, BA don't ask for school certificates any more? I used to be on ef lhr and then I left to come to Australia. Who knows what'll happen in the future but if I ever did come back to the UK, I'd consider going back to BA and I don't have my certificates any more, so that was a worry for me.

Irisheyes - like everyone else says, don't worry about the age, my friend was 43 when she was on the training course.

WeLieInTheShadows
5th May 2006, 11:35
Hi all. Have been away for a while and also have had no internet at home for a bit, so have not been contributing.

Just got a letter from Amicus (CC89) saying that

72% of members voted to accept the new LGW FLEET memorandum of agreement.
9% in favour of rejection.
19% indicating transfer to WWLHR (an option only open to WWLGW crew)

This means they will now negotiate under the new LGW forum which IS in the NSP, but at the moment does not have transfer agreements that the other fleets do (so at the moment transfer to LHR is still under the old agreement).

However Brain Boyd assured me last time I talked to him that this was top of the agenda once the LGW Fleet is all sorted.

By the way I have a fully furnished.two bedroom, two bathrom flat up for rent in Crawley 10 mins from the train station if anyone is interested.

Cheers all.

flyer55
6th May 2006, 11:46
Welcome all to those who are joining EF LGW , look forward to flying with you all !! Just also wanted to say that to the last posting that Bassa Members have to still be balloted so watch this space !

ABird747
8th May 2006, 08:25
Hi guys, im 33 yrs of age and thinking of applying to BA but im worried i may be too old.

No bother!!

My Mum applied and got in at 48 and spent the rest of her flying time until she was 55 flying on Concorde, age is no barrier!

Flymegirl
9th May 2006, 13:12
Hi guys

Any idea how soon after an assessment day you find out if your successful or not??

Many thanks

Flymegirl

r3please
9th May 2006, 14:48
They are very quick, my friend received an email the following day but had to wait a further week before they called her with a start date.

flybywire
12th May 2006, 19:32
Bump!

Just for the sake of a new ppruner and CC-to-be at EF LGW!!!
Hope this helps you, there's a lot of info here!!!

Ciao

flybywire
15th May 2006, 19:52
banewboi.....how was your first day of training?

flybywire
20th May 2006, 09:15
Bump!!!!!!

For the benefit of new members and to avoid duplicate threads....... :}

naughtybutnice
20th May 2006, 13:18
Irisheyes,

Definately apply to BA. I got in at 35 and a friend of mine is 47 and just got into BA.

They are not asking for school certificates either, life experience is more important to them.
:=

**********YES THEY DO ASK FOR CERTIFICATES I KNOW SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN REFUSED FOR INTERVIEW B COS OF NOT HAVING CERTIFICATES AND I WORK FOR BA GROUND STAFF AND EVEN I HAD TO SHOW MY CERTIFICATES FOR INTERVIEW FOR AIR CABIN CREW***************:=

flybywire
23rd May 2006, 10:24
my interview was in 2003 and they did ask to take copies of all my certificates, from GCSE's Alevels to Degree. I would suggest you take at least a copy with you

pinkaroo
24th May 2006, 07:09
Guys, The Question of Certificates keeps coming up and a misunderstanding of the position on this is probably stopping people applying. The Job Spec. on BARecruitment specifies, last time I read it, a requirement to be educated to GCSE level in Maths and English. If you then tell BA you have qualifications they will demand the certificates be produced and you will be refused employment otherwise. If you were educated to those standards but did not take the exam you will not have the certificates and therefore cannot produce them. You can still apply and tell them you were educated to those standards but did not take the exams.If you pass the interview you get the job. Understand the subtlety of how the BA requirements have changed in this regard and draw comfort from it. They used to require a pass at GCSE level in Maths and English and therefore automatically require certificates. Now they merely require you be educated to that standard. Get applying and good luck!

flybywire
28th May 2006, 11:44
Thanks for clarifying this whole thing, pinkaroo!!
Things have definitely changed in the last few years!! Now it might only be a matter of reading the "small print" carefully on the app. form to find all the answers :ok:

Thank you :)

GaryJon
28th May 2006, 12:03
Hi all,

I don't want to sound contrary, and this may not be the norm, but when I had my interview on 11th May there wasn't any mention of exam certificates. I wondered if it was to do with my age, I'm 45 (albeit a young 45;) ) and the fact that I had quite a few years of customer service behind me and had also taken numerous courses over the years? Just as well cos my certificates could be just about anywhere on this planet! I haven't seen them for donkeys.

Also, I think they took one look at my very old and dogged-eared National Insurance Card and Driving Licence and thought that they probably didn't issue certificates in my day:eek:

But seriously, could it be that they only ask applicants who are in the younger age bracket?

eman75
29th May 2006, 09:54
Hi everyone,

I have my assessment day coming up and have been doing some research in preparation, could anybody provide me with some pointers into BA's ground services and products? their webside does not appear to have much info about that... or am I going blind? is for example the London Eye one of them? I feel like an airhead :rolleyes:

Also, for anybody in the know and personal views are also welcome, what does the inclusion of LGW fleet into the NSP mean in terms of pay for the crew?

All input is welcome and appriciated :ok:

filipehm
29th May 2006, 12:15
Eman - Yes, as far as I know, the London Eye is owned and managed by BA.

naughtybutnice
29th May 2006, 13:10
Eman - Yes, as far as I know, the London Eye is owned and managed by BA.

not anymore BA sold it however the wheel still has BA on it so DO NOT mention the wheel!!

flybywire
29th May 2006, 13:32
not anymore BA sold it however the wheel still has BA on it so DO NOT mention the wheel!!

True the London Eye has been sold.

emma988
29th May 2006, 14:38
hi, i am starting a trianng course in gatwick on 10th and was owndering if anyone else is. im gunna luive in brighton and commute.....is that a good idea??? was also wondering what you are supposed to wear on the 5 weeks training.....if any oneis starting on 10th july thesee you then byyyye

tuismile
29th May 2006, 16:55
Just to clarify everything regarding exam certificates guys...

I had my interview on Friday and I brought my certificates with me.... However when I asked if they wanted them for photocopies, they said "NO" and I wasn't asked during my 2-1-interview either... If they wanted you to have it, they would have put it in the email along with the other things you have to bring, but it's not there...therefore not needed!!!!

By the way.... I GOT THE JOB!!! YAY!!!!

And for Irisheyes..they have to recruit "older" people under retirement age for equal opportunities, so you'll be fine.... and you're not that old anyway!!! Good luck to ya!!!

speedmarque
30th May 2006, 13:51
Hi

Was wondering what the latest news was with LGW Fleet?

Are all current LGW WW crew coming to LHR or are some joining "OneFleet"?

Are LGW WW CSDs who stay becoming Cabin Manager or staying CSD?

Are current LGW E/F Pursers applying for Cabin Manager?

Will Cabin Managers fly shorthaul on the new fleet?

The seniority issue resolved re joining NSP?

If (as rumours suggest) their seniority in NSP will be at bottom, will crew who maybe join LGW fleet from LHR on transfer automatically be top of the pile at LGW?!

Cheers

apaddyinuk
30th May 2006, 16:52
Well speedmarque, interesting question but to be honest there are very few cases (certainly none that I have heard of) of people transferring into LGWEF but I stand to be corrected.
However, to answer your question, as non NSP transferring to NSP you join a new contract which means you join at the bottom....likewise if you were to go to the other way...you join the bottom of the non NSP seniority list!!!

yellowdog
30th May 2006, 18:03
Hi
Was wondering what the latest news was with LGW Fleet?
Are all current LGW WW crew coming to LHR or are some joining "OneFleet"?
I believe only a handful, perhaps even one or two will be staying.
Are LGW WW CSDs who stay becoming Cabin Manager or staying CSD?
I don't think any CSD's are staying, but if they do then they would, I presume have to be CM's.
Are current LGW E/F Pursers applying for Cabin Manager?
Yes the closing date was 28th May and we are currently awaiting the email to invite us, or not, for interview:sad:
Will Cabin Managers fly shorthaul on the new fleet?
Yes they will but mostly just to keep in check, so perhaps once a month at most.
The seniority issue resolved re joining NSP?
NSP is still being talked about, it's all rumour and conjecture at the moment. heard loads of different rumours myself from different unions but I will keep them to myself until more definate.
If (as rumours suggest) their seniority in NSP will be at bottom, will crew who maybe join LGW fleet from LHR on transfer automatically be top of the pile at LGW?!
Not sure, no one has ever gone that way before and I don't think an agreement exists for this. One for the unions to mull over if anyone wants to transfer. Perhaps this will be resolved when we join the NSP. :D

Cheers
Some of the answers will be on the EFLGW thread.
yd

speedmarque
30th May 2006, 18:47
Thanks a lot for your insights!

scampy
1st Jun 2006, 14:41
Hi everyone!
After coming out of my interview last Monday quite certain that I had failed miserably I was all ready to go home and cry myself to sleep. But no more than 24hrs later I got my "Congrats" email!
Just been given a start date of 31st July at LGW.
If anyone else reading this will be joinging me on that course please get in touch, it'd be great to speak to you.
Also thanks to all those regular posters on pprune, your previous posts have been fascinating to read and helped a lot with my interview preparation.
Looking forward to woorking with you all.
xXx

Airbusbellboy
1st Jun 2006, 17:47
Congrats.

Guys can anyone tell me If you train for the Gatwick Fleet where do you do the training Is it in Cranebank? Also as LHR is not your base do they nightstop you?

Many thanks :)