PDA

View Full Version : OJTI Endorsement

VCR
26th Oct 2005, 16:00
How much is an OJTI endorsement worth? How much more should an OJTI get paid than a standard ATCO? Does anybody pay any more, and if so how much? A pay point, a percentage or a fixed amount? We are currently in 'negotiations' with management at the moment and need some info! :ok:

almost professional
26th Oct 2005, 16:07
extra money for training?-what a novel concept!

JustaFew
26th Oct 2005, 16:34
Liverpool used to pay £50 pcm for any OJTI duties undertaken; however, that allowance was subsumed into a payrise in January this year. Therefore, new OJTIs now receives nowt extra financially.

Gonzo
26th Oct 2005, 16:39
NATS give an extra spine point (however, you're also entitled to a spine point when becoming a supervisor, but you only get the rise once, and all the sups at my unit are OJTIs anyway!).

Also we get a quarterly training payment. I can't remember how the value is calculated, I'm afraid, but it's around 350-400 before tax per quarter.

cossack
26th Oct 2005, 17:04
Nav Canada pays CAN$8.50/hour for training. Basic pay ranges from $40-$55/hour at my unit, so in percentage terms that's about 15-20% on top of base pay. At lower grade, quieter units the percentage is higher because of the lower base. :confused:

jovica
26th Oct 2005, 23:13
In Serbia, OJTI is getting some 5% more then the ATCO.

missy
27th Oct 2005, 05:59
Aussie ATCs get 8% (since 1989). Union is pushing for more, suggesting 15% or a set figure per hour.

Northerner
27th Oct 2005, 21:29
I believe it's 3% in NATS paid quarterly, subject to certain targets being met (training hours)
Cheers,
N

"Keep smiling, it makes poeple wonder what you're up to...."

loubylou
27th Oct 2005, 23:55
3% basic pay , divided and paid quarterly
louby

Frunobulax
28th Oct 2005, 10:57
Slightly OT:

If you already have an OJTI endorsment working as, let's say, TWR/APP Proc and later on you start to work as a radar APP: is this OJTI endorsment valid also for your radar rating? If no,do you have to take any examinations? Or maybe you even have to work for few years as an "ordinary" radar APP ATCO before being allowed to do OJTI on radar?

AirNoServicesAustralia
28th Oct 2005, 11:23
Nothing extra in the Middle East. Also hours training don't count to your recency hours so you need to find your time controlling in excess of sitting with your trainee. Than again we don't pay any tax :E

360BakTrak
28th Oct 2005, 13:11
The endorsement is valid, you just need 1 years valid experience before training (I think):)

Arkady
28th Oct 2005, 15:47

Correct

(for UK)

Turn It Off
28th Oct 2005, 16:30
How much experiance is required to gain your intial OJTI endorsement. Is it still 2 yrs or has it changed?

TIO

Arkady
28th Oct 2005, 16:57
"How much experiance is required to gain your intial OJTI endorsement. Is it still 2 yrs or has it changed?"

We seem to have done this one before, recently.

In the UK, SRG only require 12 months valid on any given skill, whether it is first validation or subsequent.

At (some) NATS units, a local agreement exists to extend that by another 12 months.

ebenezer
29th Oct 2005, 13:05
In the UK, SRG only require 12 months valid on any given skill, whether it is first validation or subsequent.

Not anymore - CAP744 (which subsumes ESARR 5) says 2 years post first unit licence endorsement (= 'validation') or 6 months post a subsequent unit licence endorsement.

Blame Europe - not the UK CAA...

:uhoh:

30th Oct 2005, 08:11
Common sense breakthrough with the two-year rule. I am sure that future trainees will reap the rewards rather than suffer the result of an OJTI with a whole 12 months valid experience.
It was a sad day when money entered the equation.
Down at Swanwick we keep a pool of permanent long-term trainees...some have been training for well over a year, or is it two?....can't remember; still, they get paid and we get paid...no problem!
Hang on...there may be a problem....we are approaching the only two-week quiet period in the whole year and traditionally all the trainees are put up for validation....anything could happen!!!