PDA

View Full Version : Jar 25 Torr

Alex Whittingham
15th Sep 2005, 07:57
Anyone know when wet runway TORR in JAR 25.113 changed from the distance to unstick to the distance to 15ft? I missed the change when it happened.

Zeke
15th Sep 2005, 15:57
Alex,

Think it been there since the beginning for wet runways, thinking back 15+ years.

:ok:

Alex Whittingham
15th Sep 2005, 16:27
Oh dear. Peter Swatton's book has it wrong too, as does the CAA CAP for the exams. Red faces all round :O. Are you sure it hasn't changed? We're talking about Take-Off Run here, not Take-Off Distance.

oldebloke
15th Sep 2005, 20:05
I believe that since the EASA have taken over, to keep all the JAA's under one roof recently?,the 15' feet(wet) is now at the end of the' runway'surface.....At one time it was at the end o' the Clearway,keeping in mind that 'half of the distance from Liftoff to the screen should be over runway'was the regulation..
I think that with the FAR's(US) recognizing that operations run differently off wet runways(amendment 92) the 15'screen was part o the package??
Elaborations please..:ok:

Alex Whittingham
15th Sep 2005, 21:08
I'm remembering a time when the TORR, engine out, on a wet runway was the gross distance to VLOF. Was that BCARs?

Zeke
15th Sep 2005, 21:36
Alex,

Would need to look at it myself again to be 100% sure, thought it was
1) by TORA - liftoff
2) reduction of the screen height to 15 ft by TODA.
3) reverers thrust available for the reject

Will have another think about it tomorrow.

:ok:

oldebloke
16th Sep 2005, 08:08
Zeke,yes reverser's are to be operable in the wet case.
I believe that the 'new' ruling by the FAA,in Harmonization with EASA stipulate that the 15' screen is at the end of the runway,having used the 'reduced'V1 technique,"in the same manner of reaching 35' at the end of the 'Clearway"(25-92amd)
Ergo the original rule applies that at least half the distance from VLO to the screen must be over runway:ok: