Hi Guys,

I am just wondering if any body out there have any
comments, experience with activeaerospace training
(A.320,B.737,...etc.). I am considering in obtaining a type
rating for a job overseas in which the company that will be
hiring me will repay me the cost back by working there
(installments basis). I just want to find out weather it's worth
it when it comes to training, or it is just a waste of hard earned
money! and I shall look into the states to do the training?

I am looking forward to your feedback and to those canadian
boys & girls that have obtained their type rating with active..!
and their personal experience.

All feedback is welcomed positive or negative. Look forward to
it! and if there are any recommendations as well...!

AAIGUY
28th May 2005, 12:16
Search all previous posts. Scam-aram-a

Sabastienl
30th May 2005, 17:48
Ok Guys,

I have done the search & I have seen people recommending
him and people bashing him....! Alright all I am interested in
is to get a type rating ....that's all, I am not looking for his
assistance to land a job with an Asian operator....all I am looking
to is a course that is recognized by mot and will allow me to
pass a ride at the end.. with a type rating endorsed on my
license! can anybody out there please provide me with some
facts to what I am interested in......like I said before if you had
bad experience with AA due to spending money with him and
then he did not deliver on his promise of getting you a job at
the first place .....I feel for you but that's not what I am after...!

look forward to your replies.

Sabastienl
31st May 2005, 19:10
NoseGear,

Thanks I appreciate your concerns & I hear you
loud and clear. I do hold canadian license so defenitily
I need to do the course in Canada........somewhere! trust
me I won't be doing the course with this idiot that's for
sure. I went back & reviwed some of the posts and yes you
were right,.........people were scamed right left and ctr. !
any other place you suggest..........don't know maybe Canjet
or Westjet or ..........Canadian North, First Air...... any idea?

I can spend the money with different training place. By the
way any idea if any of the US based training provider can
endorse canadian license?

Look fwd. to your replies.....thanx a lot.

asiancanucks
31st May 2005, 19:24
I do hold canadian license so defenitily
I need to do the course in Canada........

That is wrong! you can go to US and put the type rating in your license, best bet is big place like Continental Airline, and Pan Am.

You have to Contact Transport Canada, this need a lots of paper work but at the end not so hard.

AC

Sabastienl
1st Jun 2005, 21:51
Asiancanuck,

I do hold canadian license so defenitily, I need to do the
course in Canada........

That is wrong! OK it can be done in the US yes but I
would need to have mot inspector to sit in on my ride to endorse
my license! which means I have to fly one out & pay for his
plane ticket + accomedation + fees for the check ride.....etc. plse.
correct me if I am worng on this, maybe I am missing something
here please advise me otherwise.

your feedback is well appreciated :O

AAIGUY
1st Jun 2005, 22:56
YOU DO NOT NEED A CANADIAN EXAMINER>

Do rating in US. Put it on a US ATP (you get this with a rating if you write their exam - EASY)

THEN, take your US ATP with rating to transport. Pay them $30 and presto its on your Canadian ATP.

Its easy, do it this way.

Panama Jack
2nd Jun 2005, 12:09
AAIGUY is right. It's a two-fer deal (well, not really, it will cost you about $30 more). All you need to do is get your FAA ATP written done (this will cost you less than $100), get a US Medical, and then go for the Type/ATP ride. As soon as you get your permanent licence from the FAA, you can have it pegged onto your Canadian one by filling out the form and contributing $30 to "The Receiver General for Canada"

(5) Credits for Foreign Applicants

(a) Qualifying Flight Requirement
(amended 2000/09/01; previous version)

The holder of a licence issued by a Contracting State shall be considered to have met the qualifying flight requirement specified in 3(c)(iii), 3(g)(iii), 3(k)(ii), and 3(l) above provided the applicant has acquired a minimum of 10 hours pilot-in-command flight time on the appropriate aircraft type during the 12 months preceding the application for rating;
(amended 2005/06/01; previous version)

(b) Pilot Proficiency Check Requirement

The holder of a licence with a two-crew type rating issued by a Contracting State shall be considered to have met the Pilot Proficiency Check requirement specified in 3(a)(iii), 3(b)(iii), 3(f)(iii), and 3(g)(ii) above provided the applicant has acquired a minimum of 50 hours flight time on that aircraft type during the 12 months preceding the application for the rating.

(6) Credits for Foreign Flight Test

(a) The qualifying flight requirement specified in subparagraphs 3(c)(iii), 3(g)(iii), 3(k)(ii), and 3(l) above may be performed under the supervision of a qualified person who is licensed by a Contracting State provided the applicant submits a letter from the State’s Licensing Authority, or other source acceptable to the Minister confirming the personal log entry, and the qualification of the person who supervised the flight;

(b) The Pilot Proficiency Check requirement specified in subparagraphs 3(a)(iii), 3(b)(iii), 3(f)(iii), and 3(g)(ii) may be performed by a person authorized by a Contracting State provided the applicant submits confirmation from the State’s Licensing Authority, or other source acceptable to the Minister confirming that the applicant meets the State’s skill test requirement for the issue of the type rating.

Regulatory Source 421.40 (http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/Regserv/Affairs/cars/Part4/Standards/421.htm#421_40)

Here is one training company in Phoenix, Arizona:

K & S Aviation (http://www.b737-training.com/page3.html)

FAB
2nd Jun 2005, 13:01
Hi Sebastienl,

I did the A320 rating with AA few months ago, I am still looking for a job (as my partner). If you want some infos concerning the course PM me your questions.

The rating won't give you the job even overseas unless you already have an ATPL with jet time....
I applied to all airlines and believe me they all require HOURS ON TYPE (300 hrs mini). So you should include in the the price a line training on the aircraft otherwise you will loose your money. I am in that case. To give you an idea, I am on a list for a 300 hours line training in Asia and I have to wait until the end of the year as there are already lots of pilots waiting for this program.

The rating is really basic, it is not like the JAR one. Airlines know that this course or FAA rating are substandard so the line training at your own expense is a must if you choose the way to pay for your training.

FAB

asiancanucks
2nd Jun 2005, 17:32
You dont need a MOT examiner, just call Transport Canada!

Sabastienl
3rd Jun 2005, 17:16
Thanks all for your feedback, I appreciate that. The only draw
back to doing it in the states is I don't already have CATPL so
I am not sure if I can write the american. Yeah....don't have
the hours as yet to have the CATPL! But I will defenitly call MOT
to see what they have to say about the US deal. Defenitily there
are a lots of option out there in the US than in CAN. I will keep
you guys updated.

BusTie
4th Jun 2005, 05:27
To all;

I just finished my Airbus 320 type rating with Active Aerospace.

I really enjoyed dealing with Walt. He is an extremely honest and professional person who delivered on all of his promises and more.

There are lots of negative rumors out here and that’s all they are….rumors.

If you are looking for the most efficient and cost effective program then this is for you, but then again you can go to other organizations and pay two or three times more for the same program which may end up being less in the end.

My only advice to people out there is;

>>>> Don’t let someone’s opinion be your reality <<<<

Someone just e-mailed me and asked the following question. I am posting them here for you with my answers so you have better understanding of Activeaerospace.

Remember your CRM course? Get all the information and sources that are available to you, good, bad, rumors…etc and then at the end make your final decision.

Here you go:

(1) What type rating did you complete and what was your prior flying experience?

A320 – ATPL - 7500 hours B732- B737NGl with light business jet and medium transport turboprop.

(2) How did you find the home study? Hard/Easy? How much time would you recommend spending on home study before heading to Canada?

Home study is a great head start but not absolutely essential. It’s easy. You can finish the home study in the matter of a week, but don’t base your course commencement on that. Of course the more knowledge and familiarity you have with the airplane the more you will benefit from the course and instructor. (I will explain what I mean from “instructor” more in details in your question about the instructor)

(3) Did you complete the training at the advertised price that Walt quoted you? Where there any hidden extra\'s? How long did you spend in Canada?

The price was exactly to the cent that was quoted. I personally didn’t spend anything more than the quoted $15,800. I truly believe when it comes to Walt nothing is hidden, the first day he sat down with all three of us and read and explained in real English the whole contract, clarified and answered any of our questions along the way. He is a loyal and honest person. You may find some negative comments about him and his organization on pprune but I suggest you don’t allow these rubbish cloud your vision and affect your judgment about him until you experience him yourself first hand like I did.

Remember that there are extra costs if you “DO” need extra help in the sim or briefing,..etc but they are not hidden and this issue is well explained in that first day talk and review of the contract with walt.

The course can be done from in few weeks to few months, is all depend on your progress. If you walk they will have to slow down and walk with you but if you run they will run with you. Having said that, the course has its levels and steps that has to be down in sequence and each step is prerequisite to the next level, you have to understand that CBT, SIM cost lots of money and neither you nor they can afford to push you into the next level of the course while knowing that you are not ready. I started the course on the 3rd of May and told Walt that I would like to finish the course by the end of the month, well how can I say this..? Lets say the ink on my license with the new type rating was drying up on the 25th of May. Exactly 6 days earlier then promised.

(4) How did you find the staff? Instructors?

They don’t have “so called office staff” Walt runs the whole thing by himself, which is nice, he is always around when you need something or question.

Instructor: We had Len for our course, he is a 767 Captain with Air Canada with almost every boieng product in his logbook, he also flew A320 as a Captain with Air Canada for few years. His level of knowledge and experience is not even an issue to be questioned. He is calm, thorough, clear, friendly and patient. To my opinion he gives a true meaning to the word professionalis m. He thought us how to walk before running, he started his lesson plan with the number rule of teaching, known to unknown, familiar to unfamiliar, easy to difficult.

More from your Q2; Len (instructor) started teaching us way beyond the standard of the course and as our performance allowed we covered multiple emergencies, wired scenarios, challenging weather environments. We were so used to having lots of emergencies on our hand that on the actual flight test we were all yawning from boredom even with one engine failed and fire on go around. My point is, the more you get yourself ready for the course and the more input is from you the more result you will get from the instructor and the course in general.

(5) Quality of simulator?

Not even an issue, great CBT, and level D approved by Transport Canada. He uses the Air Canada’s simulators. A320,330,340,757,767,737-200 are available in Vancouver. We only cancelled one session and that was due to heavy thunderstorm activities outside that introduced power surges to the system.

(6) Free Play Trainer... Walt tries to sell this pretty hard, is it that helpful? Is it simply just a desktop simulator like microsoft for example?

Free play trainer is a great learning tool. It is a desktop simulator but is no way near a game like Microsoft simulator. You need to be master in programming the MCDU and doing it fast as you will do that every single time you get reset back at the threshold of the runway for another take off in the sim. Which again comes back down to the money, as every min of your sim time is valuable and trust me you don’t want to spend more than a min of your time figuring out how to reprogram the MCDU. I don’t know what type you are considering to get but A320 is a fully managed airplane that you need to fly via the computers. And the cheapest way to learn it is using the Free Play Trainer. It’s well programmed software and allows you to program a whole flight and then fly it. I don’t think Walt tries or needs to sell this as it sells itself once you use it.

(7) Any other information that you feel benificial, please pass on.

Having a laptop with you would help as you can review the systems back in the comfort of your hotel room.

If there are three guys in your course you will get more time in the sim. This is not cheating the system. Walt is the first one to offer this to you.

Good Luck

Kindly give my warmest regards to Walt and Len

Sabastienl
4th Jun 2005, 13:01
AA

OK guys I couldn't manage to get anybody at MOT it seems
to be everybody out side the office on Friday! never the less,
I will try them back next week.

Bustie.....your post that you have just posted I thought I read
it on the 03-06-05 and it was posted by Walt....are you the same
person.....correct me if I am wrong!

I have spoken to PAN AM, K & S, and Aeroservices aviation by
far they seem to be superior to what we have back in Can., sorry
to say that if you are a fan of Walt. This is not to bash Walt in any shape or form..... the reason for that is just these training
providers have been in the industry for a long time doing what
they are doing with dedicated classrooms and aids to assist
students in addition with K& S aviation they will provide all
their training based on the B.737-300 with differnce course
of the -200 ADV. also given to you. And I don't have to
worry about pairing myself up with anybody they will
always have people going through the course. In addition
to all said it is also cheaper by $1700 CDN.....the only thing is I would have to rent AC simulator to do my ride once I have completed the course......I haven't made up my mind though I will keep everybody advised...!

McDoo the Irish Navigator
4th Jun 2005, 14:51
To whom it may concern;

Nose Gear;
I have removed your post , after reviewing various complaints of slander, I tend to agree. If you wish to provide facts with sources and references please do. There is no beef with the contents of your message, just your language and tone. Please verify your experience for us with receipts, invoices, log page entries etc.

Harald;

Your post had already been removed by the time I sat down at my PC this morning. (-7 UTC)

I hope this addresses all the PMs in my inbox.

I remain;

Aloyious McDoo

AAIGUY
4th Jun 2005, 14:52
"Bustie.....your post that you have just posted I thought I read
it on the 03-06-05 and it was posted by Walt....are you the same
person.....correct me if I am wrong!"

Indeed. Walt's original post was deleted and an exact same one from a different poster has appeared.

Sabastien,

Seriously guy, you don't need a MOT guy. Get it added to a FAA license, EVEN a commercial and Transport Canada will put it on your Canadian for $30.00

BusTie
4th Jun 2005, 19:35
Your answer is no, I am not the same person.

My Q/A was carbon copied to Walt and he posted it on this site. However my personal e-mail address was in the body of his posting so I asked him to remove it so I can post it myself without my e-mail address.

This way if anyone has any question can PM me directly.

Sabastienl
10th Jun 2005, 13:15
Alright Guys,

OK guys the Judge is out and the decision is made to
the US for training. After deep investigation into the rules MOT
inspector has confirmed that they can endorse canadian cpl witha type rating if it is done in the US provided the training provider
is known regognised/approved to MOT and a complete training
sellybus (can't spell) is approved by FAA and details given to
MOT. In addition to that the check ride can be done with FAA
approved examiner provided his approval is certified by the FAA
(basically letter stating that) and he has been given this authority
to conduct check rides with the training provider. Then all need to
do is bring all the paper work to transport Can. and CPL license
will be endorsed for a small fee. NO NEED TO DO A RIDE WITH
MOT EXAMINER, FAA EXAMINER IS OK! Therefore the decision
is made TO THE US FOR THE RATING. To all potencial people out
there holding a CDN CPL yes you can do a rating in the US without
holding Canadian ATP all you need CPL with ATP written or IATRA.

Thanks to all for there replies, and I appreciate the guys who
enlightened me with training in the US well appreciated!

will chat to everyone on the next topic....in the future!

;)

BusTie
10th Jun 2005, 20:50
I think you better say

"I was rejected and refused training at AA and have no choice but to gou south"

I want to say good luck but my good friend with your attitude you need a miracle.

Sabastienl
11th Jun 2005, 00:14
Bustie !!!!!!

I think you better say

"I was rejected and refused training at AA and have no choice but to gou south"

I want to say good luck but my good friend with your attitude you need a miracle.

Let me set the record straight for you who ever you are!!!-first of
all your lousy post it's not needed and hear me loud and clear I
HAVE NEVER APPLIED TO AA NOR HAVE I EVER SPOKEN TO
ANYBODY FROM AA.... so I really don't know where you came up
with this statement? Second of all, for your info. AA is a business
I really can not see anybody being rejected from such a place
when they are in need of customers. If you can only know how
to read looser... you would have seen my previous postings how
fair I was to AA +Walt... and I wasn't interested in the Walt
bashing as some members were after due to their bad
experience with the school & Walt.

You are right in saying "I don't have joice but to go south", the
only choice I have in CAN I am not interested in after what I have
heard! and there are many joices in the states.....a whole world
of training! !!!!!!!!!! And with my attitude the rating will be fresh
on my license and will be flying for an airline ......looser! I
think am becomin to know who you are ........ya ya you are
the same person prev. used a post with Walt's name and
now you are using BUSTIE--I would love to Split this BUSTIE and
let the dead side suffer....! and one last thing don't call me
freind .........cause I don't associate myself with trash like you!

this subject is closed......! :yuk:

BusTie
11th Jun 2005, 02:49
If you could only spell.

Joice?
they are many joices?
becomin?
freind? (remember i before e except c)

Take a ESL class while you are down there too.

Shiiiii....! a hint, you can sneak into the edit mode and correct them, but again once a looser...always a looser.

AAIGUY
11th Jun 2005, 02:54
Seb.

I am glad to hear you now BELIEVE what all of here have told you. Re; US types being transeferable.

Bustie: It would be a cold day in Hell before Walt rejected anyones cash.

Left Wing
11th Jun 2005, 13:48
And his attitude is just amazing.:yuk:

Sabastienl
12th Jun 2005, 22:15
Thanks to all the people out there who advised me not to go
for AA as they were for real telling facts about AA (Nosegear,
AAIGUY, etc.) And no thanks to the phony characters who were
not telling me the truth (this does not include FAB), and you know
who you are!

Best of luck to all.....!:D

asiancanucks
13th Jun 2005, 00:48
Hey mate wake up!

WL read this post all the time! and post as well!

Bustie: It would be a cold day in Hell before Walt rejected anyones cash.

This is what Walt Lazaruk is about!:mad: :mad: :mad:

fhwannabee
13th Jun 2005, 01:15
I can't comment on the quality of training.
However, I rang up to enquire about a type, and was told that the people that did a type on the A320 had a very good chance of being employed by Tiger or Value in Singapore as they had some good contacts there and the airlines thought it was good training.
When I spoke to the CP of Tiger, he laughed and assured me that there was no arrangement like that at all.

I cannot give so much money for someone for a type that lies to me on the very first contact. It says alot to me about his character. If he just uses other peoples sims, can we go direct to them?

asiancanucks
13th Jun 2005, 06:13
fhwannabee

This is not is first try,

Walt say he as contract with Orient Thai
For B757 FO, i have friend there he lie
he did try to contact Transmile Air in Malaysia but the find that is a Joker!

This guy is a Thief that all, is training place is smaller then a 2 room condo, he as no simulator, and give very poor training.

I meet with him soon in front of a judge!

Sabastienl
15th Jun 2005, 13:43
Asiancanuck,

Thanks for keeping me aware of AA, my hat to you and
I appreciate your postings. Your postings were a wake up call
to everybody. I 've just been told by freind of mine that Better
Bus. Bearu now have had people reported AA to them and
people like yourselef and others are also expressing their anger
to MOT officials, MOT can not admit or deny what AA doing but
as far as they are concerned he is complying with the REQ...
but It won't be to far in the horizon before MOT will pull his
training license.

Mate.............best of luck on your court date and please
kick some ass!

:* ;)

wkr lazaruk
4th Jul 2005, 15:55
Please let us all know about your court case with me,you know the writ and the charges etc. I would expect that your absence of my request will confirm another gross fabrication again.
as for our facilities, I think the prospective student can come and see our facilities for himself. We are currently leasing 2500sq feet. ( a pretty big condo)

for anyone interested in more information on the graduates comments, please go to our website under testomonials

W lazaruk

Rosbif
4th Jul 2005, 19:50
Bustie,
How do you spell loser?
er, sorry looser, or er maybe it is loser.!!! loozr?:confused:

wkr lazaruk
5th Jul 2005, 16:10
Sabastienl
After reading all of the posts under active aerospace, I have to agree with the comment, that your better off going to the states if your interested in a 737-200 and 737-3,4,500 rating. Transport Canada does not allow conversion courses between the 737-200 to the 3,4,500 nor the 600 thru the NG. You must do a full course. I have recommended that anyone interested in the 3,4,500 seperatly or with the -200 should go to the states. We are qualified to do the 3,4,500 but use Alaskas or Boeings simulator for training. Since 9-11 we ( the students and instructors) cant get into the states because of the security restrictions. Regarding Busties comments being repeated. Bustie sent me a copy of a request from a fellow from Australia, he had responded to. Because of the bashing going on on pprune, I posted it and then he posted it,unaware that I had also done so. I got mine eventually removed.AAIGUY: I was not aware that you could get a 737-200 license on a FAA license then transfer it to your Canadian license with no other work ups. For your information, I do now reject applicants that I feel are going to be bothersome or unable to cut the course. I weed them out by insisting that they complete all of the internet training, memorization of the SOPs and other home work assigments. It becomes pretty clear to us what type of person we are dealing with in a short period of time. In the past- like other flight training schools- we took everybody and anybody.With the upsurge of business, we are very selective. We are still living with disgruntled pilots from 2 and 3 years ago that never made the grade or quit. I only wish that these guys would stop hiding behind an alias and come forward and spell out exactly what was it that Active Aerospace did to them, so I could intelligently reply to them on this forum, for everyone to view.LEFT WING Please tell me about my attitude. I have a thick skin. I would like to improve and Im sure you would.FHWANABEE we, like other instutitions have been thru a difficult time since 9-11. We strive to help individuals before and after training with us.Why- because we know that good press about us will bring in other students.That is why I am taking the time to answer all of your concerns and bring them to the forefront so that we can air the facts, not rumors. 2 years ago, we decided to employ individuals who work for the hiring airlines on a commission basis. Our thrust, is to find jobs for graduates and no cost to the graduate. By doing this, our successful placement of a graduate, brought good word of mouth communication and referrals. We NEVER ever indicate to anyone ( in our training contract or verbally) that we guarentee jobs for them. All we try to do is get your resume past all the others out there and hopefully get it to land it on the DFOs desk. Thats it. We have been very successful and hope to continue to expand our network ASIANCANUK why dont you air facts on exactly what we did wrong with your training-for everyone to view, and for me to comment. Telling this forum that you are going to sue me is very ambiguous and not very specific. I have not recieved any writs of summons, letters from your lawyers or any letters from yourself. Only slander. Please do us all a favor and stop hiding behind your mothers skirt(your alias) and come forward and tell it like it was. We are all waiting.....

W. Lazaruk

Ridley
7th Jul 2005, 03:18
Great post Walt.
From the heart, honest response.

It's nice to know you can actually take the comments dished out by some PPRuNers and respond to them, puts you in a category above most training institutions.

I'm sure its just as frustrating being a training institution as it is being an unemployed newly trained pilot after 9/11.

North America seems to have been the hardest place to be a working pilot since then, and looks like the hump isn't quite over.

Ridley

broottmeenoo
8th Jul 2005, 20:38
to Mr Walt Lazaruk

When there is controversy, it's never all black or white.

Walt, you are not the crook some would like to cry it loud but you are not either the "extremely honest and professionnal person" Bustie (whoever or yourself maybe behind this) wants like us to believe.

You are just trying to get your cut betwen the trainee (paying customer) and its service providers (instructors from AirCan and sim owned by airlines but not yours). That's your business, period!

Not that there is anything wrong with that, since I met several of your trainees 2 years ago, and three of them that I kept in touch, made their training and passed at the price you agreed upon. Where it becomes a grey area (or pretty dark in this matter) it's when you insists having connections, contacts with other airlines to boost/help/connect your students with them, which is AN ABSOLUTE RUBBISH....

Your self promoted ad on this topic earlier on, made reference of resumes landing on DFO's desks because of your help. There is nothing further from the truth and that's when people start getting upset with you. The three I mentionned earlier, never heard from you afterwards, and even thought you were hiding from them. That a couple of students landed jobs is a fact, but not thanks to you. Nowhere do you help someone once they pass. There is nothing wrong with that in the absolute since you are just a training provider, but when you reckon having this power, then people will feel disapointed from your silence afterwards and some will post rants about yourself and your organization.

So yes, you have a spacious facility, with a great software for homestudy, knowledgable instructors, I reckon most of the students did pass at the end with no extra cost, but please get rid of those so called connections you have with airlines. I called their chief pilots, either they don't know you or they don't want to talk about you.

For all wannabees type trainees and to make a story short, go to Active if all you want is a ticket and then forget about it and don't expect any more help.

And then, save some more for EagleJet...

Say $45000 + living expenses for a year in Singapore (ouch!!...)...

But that's another topic...

Walt Lazaruk if you may answer, please be specific and tell me exactly where I am getting it wrong.

wkr lazaruk
9th Jul 2005, 05:44
wl
Thank you for your response. I have cut and pasted your comments so that I may respond to them. Please find my response following yours

brootmeeno

You are just trying to get your cut betwen the trainee (paying customer) and its service providers (instructors from AirCan and sim owned by airlines but not yours). That's your business, period!
wl
Your comment indicates Im a broker. We are a bona fide training facility sanctioned by Transport Canada. Because there were no TRTOs in Canada,I lobbyed Ottawa for permission to do type ratings for individuals 6 years ago. Active Aerospace was granted permission to do type ratings in Canada under Transport Canadas General Aviation section. The Pacific Region has supported me throughout and I understand that AA is the only operator delivering type ratings to self sponsored individulas in Canada. We use Air Canadas simulators on a dry lease basis (I would not want to own my own simulators thankyou) and hire my fellow AC pilots I have known for some 30 years. (some are still employed and some are retired)

brootmeeno
Not that there is anything wrong with that, since I met several of your trainees 2 years ago,
wl
Again, we have someone like yourself that HEARD FROM A FRIEND. How can you comment about me or my organization from--I HEARD FROM A FRIEND basis. It does not lend to much creditability.
brootmeeno
and three of them that I kept in touch, made their training and passed at the price you agreed upon. Where it becomes a grey area (or pretty dark in this matter) it's when you insists having connections, contacts with other airlines to boost/help/connect your students with them, which is AN ABSOLUTE RUBBISH....
wl
If you read my last email correctly, i said that we hire former graduates that are now working for hiring airlines. Thats the connection or contact. I also said we guarentee nothing, only our ability to try to get this persons resume to the right person.

brootmeeno

Your self promoted ad on this topic earlier on, made reference of resumes landing on DFO's desks because of your help.
wl
As above, we do not claim to guarentee any resume to get to the DFOs desk, some do some dont. The object is to try and help the individual. Remember there is nothing in it for me. My time spent doing this is strictly free gratis. And yes, I make it very very clear at the start of the course that we will do our best. Thats it.
brootmeeno
There is nothing further from the truth and that's when people start getting upset with you.
wl
Please remember, initial qualifications make a big difference. Let me ask you something, if I mailed out 10 resumes to our contacts and 3 of the 10 had under 1000 hours of flying time, which person would be considered first? Maybe it is the low time fellows that are complaining.
brootmeeno
The three I mentionned earlier, never heard from you afterwards, and even thought you were hiding from them. That a couple of students landed jobs is a fact, but not thanks to you.
wl
I think if you go to our website www.activeaerospace.com and select "testimonials" you will find an abundance of fellows that are happy campers and who have left their phone numbers and email addresses for you to get an opinion first hand.
brootmeeno
Nowhere do you help someone once they pass. There is nothing wrong with that in the absolute since you are just a training provider, but when you reckon having this power, then people will feel disapointed from your silence afterwards and some will post rants about yourself and your organization.
wl
All we can do is try to help them. If nothing comes of it, its because someone in the Airline does not like something about the person. We cannot predict what the outcome will be. We can only comment on past successes.
brootmeeno

So yes, you have a spacious facility, with a great software for homestudy, knowledgable instructors, I reckon most of the students did pass at the end with no extra cost, but please get rid of those so called connections you have with airlines. I called their chief pilots, either they don't know you or they don't want to talk about you.
wl
Why would they know me. My contacts are emloyees that used to be my students -not Chief Pilots.
brootmeeno

For all wannabees type trainees and to make a story short, go to Active if all you want is a ticket and then forget about it and don't expect any more help.

brootmeeno You dont know me, my organization, you dont know our product nor our marketing first hand but you certainly profess to be an expert (based on hearsay)

Thanks for your opinion, it gives me a chance to set the record straight, and please do yourself a favor and come down and visit us sometime.

W lazaruk

FlyingSpanner
11th Jul 2005, 07:59
I have to say that I did the A320 type course with Walt a while ago and have not since got a job. However this os not something that I hold Active Aerospace or Walt accountable for in the slightest. I went into the type course with open eyes and a realistic, though maybe rosetinted view that having the type would put me higher on a hiring list than someone without.

Walt NEVER said that he could gaurntee anything to me.. All he said was that he had someone in the region looking out for opertunities for students. And I can honestly say that Walt has kept me updated throughout the time since I left with regards to any progress.

Getting a job is not easy and thats about the crux of the matter. It is not fair to blame a TRAINING PROVIDER because you cannot get a job immediatly after the course.

I am personally quite happy with the instruction I got from Walt and Dan the instructor at the time. I felt that I gained a fair bit of knowledge of the aircraft and I am a Licensed Aircraft Engineer with an A320 family endorsement.

The only thing I said at the time, and said directly to Walt that he could have done better, was to keep a couple of sets of Jeppessons in the office.

Please feel free to IM me with any questions should you have any. I also apologise for the spelling as English was never my strong point - especially being a Scotsman!

Spanner.

broottmeenoo
20th Jul 2005, 05:23
WL
Thank you for your invitation, but I already visited you on the 3rd floor of the Avitat , and the classroom same floor, and the sim at the Air Canada facility so I know what I am talking about.
And if I base my opinion on some hearsay? You bet!!
I just talked to 3 of your students who all had the same tune: no more help from you whatsoever after the training, even though you still advertise on your web site that line training is available for your trainees, but none of them have heard /seen any of that.
And again, I never mentionned the "garantee" of having a job, but just the fact of having a different speech before and once you pocketed your $3000 deposit.
As for the B757 pilots "urgently require with 2500TT and 0 hours on type", I wonder what kind of company is still looking for them as it has been posted on your web site for a year.
And don't get mad at this post, I am not trying to destroy your business, my previous posts were well balanced, I may even be one of your customer in the future. What I disliked is the sales pitch and empty promises.

jonk
16th Oct 2005, 02:32
I did the 757/767 Training at Active Aerospace, and I have to say that it went pretty well. I had a couple of instructors that either currently work at Air Canada, or have just recently retired, and I have to say that they bring to the training much knowledge and experience. Regarding the home study part of it, the instructors make themselves availible for any questions you have about SOP's or systems. Like anything, you get out of it what you put in.

The only really tough part is trying to pass the 3 Canadian written exams while you are studying systems and SOP's with the added pressure of a mounting hotel bill looming in the back of your mind should you screw up one of the exams.

After receiving my license from Transport Canada, I flew out to meet with Orient Thai Airlines to see if I could land a job, but I was told that I needed to have 757 stamped on my license. I only had 767 stamped on it, because that is all that was written on my application. Walt was very helpful in getting the new paperwork together so that I could get the license reissued with the 757 stamp on it as well. Now I am just waiting to hear if I will get hired or not.

portofino
18th Oct 2005, 05:13
Hi,
Does anybody know if touch and go s (with the actual aircraft) are mandatory to get the type rating (A320 or B737) from active aerospace?
thanks
P

BusTie
22nd Oct 2005, 23:05
One thing that people fail to undrestand is;

There is a diff between PPC and type rating.

you can get the type rating with just the sim however you need take off/Lanings and loft training for your PPC.

AA offers type rating thus you don't need actual airplane.

whomever hires you will do your ppc on type.

Bustie

2nd Dec 2005, 14:14
Jonk

Question, did you get a call from OX for the B757 pilot
position.
Who was the contact person you talked too about the
job.
Would like to send you a PM.