PDA

View Full Version : Rod Lynch: visitscotland job withdrawn due to involvement with GSS (Atlas)!

The Guvnor
24th Apr 2001, 18:43
Today's Business am carries an interesting story - Rod Lynch, formerly Speedwing's troubleshooter at Olympic Airways, has had his offer of employment as CEO of visitscotland (formerly the Scottish Tourist Board) withdrawn. Apparently, this is due to his other job with Global Supply Systems, the new Atlas Air clone.

http://www.businessam.co.uk/TodaysPaper/TodaysArticles/0,2910,27057,00.html

and

http://www.businessam.co.uk/TodaysPaper/TodaysArticles/0,2910,27055,00.html

Incidentally, it seems that day to day operations of GSS will be run by Elliot Stenhouse, formerly Chief Pilot of BA's 747-400 fleet.

Who?
24th Apr 2001, 23:15
gripping stuff Guvnor! How's the lawsuit against Ryosuke going? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

ETOPS
25th Apr 2001, 00:23
I wonder how this news will be reported in this Thursday's BA News. Will it be headlined " BA Manager sacked by Scots!!" or buried on the back page in glowing terms of " Rod able to devote more time to GSS!"

Can't wait......

Mister Geezer
25th Apr 2001, 01:37
Poor chap. Fired before he even started! :)

The pen-pushers in Hollyrood could not organise a decent night out in a brewery in my opinion! Pity how they have mucked this chap around so much!

:)

MG

------------------
Don't land in a field or the sheep will eat the aircraft.

CP32
29th Apr 2001, 20:31
Hmmmmm... I remember this Lynch bloke did nothing for pilot morale as Managing director with Air Europe during its final months. He cut Flight Ops management out of any company input and slashed terms and conditions as if the pilots had the union representation that they had at his previous employer, BA.
We were always a little concerned about who he had previously been employed by. Still it's all a decade ago and I daresay he lost nothing like the income of all the people who lost their jobs when AE went down.

Mobster
1st May 2001, 03:26
I seem to remember that AE went down because it's holding company ILG made some bad decisions. Lynch lost a job the same as all other AE employees on top of which he would probably been left with useless AE share options which he would have no doubt been given to replace the BA share options he would have had to give up when joining AE.

Lou Scannon
1st May 2001, 19:17
Rod Lynch an innocent bystander to the Air Europe debacle?
Suffered as much as all the other employees?
Is he a relative of yours?

CargoRat2
1st May 2001, 19:23
Question for Who?
Do you have some kind of computer programme that alerts you to when The Guvnor posts?
I've noticed that you are always the first person to post a reply to his comments...
Just wondering.

------------------
rgds Rat

Mobster
1st May 2001, 23:31
Lou Scannon

I assume your question was pointed in my direction.
I can't think what came over me, usually I would reply with the knee-jerk 'them and us' reaction, I must apologise for my last post.
I had beeter go for a lie down until I feel better.

M