PDA

View Full Version : Revalidation - has the CAA form changed?

GroundBound
23rd Mar 2005, 13:36
I revalidated by SEP rating by experience 18 months ago, and had to send a form, signed by the Examiner, to the Belgrano.

I can't find any mention of this in the recent 2005 Lasors, and I can't find the form either on the CAA web site (was it 1104 - I'm sure it had ones and fours in it).

Is it still necessary, and what form is required and where do I find it?

(Note: this is not about the revalidation requirements, but the admin procedure! :hmm: )

I've still got 6 months to go, but I'd prefer to be well prepared - especially as I might have to find an FE outside the UK who knows what to do.

Ta muchly :)

Circuit Basher
23rd Mar 2005, 13:58
The form you need, I believe, is the SRG1119, a copy of which is available for download at SRG1119 PPL Renewal (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FORSRG1119Iss6.pdf) - to the best of my knowledge, it's still current.

Keygrip
23rd Mar 2005, 15:24
Yep - CB is correct. That is the form and it is still current(ly in use) - from vanilla flavoured PPL to the IR-SPA-ME (instrument rating, single pilot aeroplane, multi engine) attached to an ATPL.

As an FE (based in Florida) I use them almost daily and, to ensure that they get there, I send them to the CAA on your behalf - in a mass mailing envelope that goes through a 'tracking' procedure.

GroundBound
24th Mar 2005, 10:31
Thanks all - couldn't see it in the CAA document list, but got it now. :ok:

GB