PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Dual-Rated pilot needs a job

fixed&rotary
7th Dec 2004, 06:24
Early 40's, military trained, 6000+hrs, 50/50 fixed & rotary wing. Strong IFR & multi-turbine background, with training & management experience. Been out of active flying for 18 months or so and looking to get back in - ideally I'd love a position that allows me to fly both, but.........

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

SAW
7th Dec 2004, 15:27
Airborne Energy Solutions in Whitecourt Alberta and Arctic Sunwest in Yellowknife as well as Helijet in Vancouver. Can't think of any others that operate both fixed and fling wing.

johnny canuck
7th Dec 2004, 23:29
At Airborne your one or the other, or in transition from one to the other. I believe Arctic Sunwest Rotary section has gone to Great Slave. Dont know much about HeliJet though I heard the two sections are distant and basicaly only have the name in common. Not all bad news though, I do know that Irving Oil in NB has alot of ex-mil guys on staff for there diverse fleet of jets, chopper[s?] and glass cockpit twotter.

Good Luck

hibypassratio
8th Dec 2004, 04:27
If your interested in corporate you may want to get in touch with Irving Oil Ltd. They like ex-military and dual rated. They pay well, but lot's of time away. Would be a good gig for a single guy.

russellackland
8th Dec 2004, 05:40
Arctic sunwest....do you like YZF?

I can put you in touch with those in the know.....

good luck

fixed&rotary
8th Dec 2004, 06:33
A glass cockpit twotter?? Had no idea there was such a beast! A mixture of old & new, I guess :-)

Thanks for the input guys - I am not bothered about where I am based....terribly single, so can go anywhere. Would any of these companies consider a guy without a "useful" type rating, or do they generally want rated drivers?

If you guys have any contact emails this would be most appreciated. Not interested in Helijet.

f&r

hibypassratio
8th Dec 2004, 15:02
This info was current as of 1st 2004. I don't think a type rating is as big with them as experience as I mentioned above.

Irving Oil Transport Ltd.
PO Box 157
Saint John, NB
E2L 3X8

Phone: 506-648-3535 Fax: 506-632-7277

Chief Pilot: Dale J. Hacket

fixed&rotary
8th Dec 2004, 19:39
many thx

f&r

fixed&rotary
17th Dec 2004, 03:17
hmmmmm.... dead end.......

lead zeppelin
17th Dec 2004, 17:11
http://www.lakelseair.bc.ca/

lokione
17th Dec 2004, 23:26
Hey fixed and rotary what fixed wing you rated on?? Whatdya think of Yellowkife??:sad:

ColeFace
18th Dec 2004, 07:53
Max Wards Otter is glass so there are at least 2 out there