PDA

View Full Version : Will it happen in the UK???

haughtney1
10th Nov 2004, 17:43
A simple yes or no..with a quick explaination will suffice....

Will the UK CAA ever see the light and certificate single engine IFR Ops? or perhaps do what they do in europe..exempt freight Ops....

Thoughts..and opinionated answers please!!

:ok:

H

catchup
10th Nov 2004, 17:55
or perhaps do what they do in europe..

oops, the continent is isolated....
;)

regards

5milesbaby
10th Nov 2004, 18:10
I may be far from what you are on about, but surely the TBM7 is certificated??

haughtney1
10th Nov 2004, 22:30
catch:p

and yep the TBM is certificated.........but not for revenue generating service....which was my original question:ok:

h

doubleu-anker
10th Nov 2004, 23:43
No, I don't think they ever will.

If they were going to approve, they would have allowed commercial S/E ops by now. People have been trying for years to get approvals.

I really can't understand their intransigence on this one, as far as freight ops are concerned. Fare paying passengers, I agree should not be exposed to this possible increased risk.

Genghis the Engineer
11th Nov 2004, 08:33
UK-CAA will only now have one vote out of about 25 - it's EASA that matters.

G

Tinstaafl
11th Nov 2004, 15:08
What 'possible increased risk'? According to the figures Oz' CASA used to analyse the safety of light piston twins (ie non-transport cat/FAR25/whatever.)vs SET the demonstrated, fatality & injury rates were at least equivalent to the twins, and in some areas better. This was based on what had been achieved in service, not some hypothetical prognosis.

So, again, how can you call it an increased risk?

Blody tipos...

capt.sparrow
15th Nov 2004, 06:46
As Gengis says EASA is what matters. I think they will have no choice, have heard rumor that the PC12 is first up as is approved as public transport in other states

haughtney1
17th Nov 2004, 15:46
So Capt Sparrow.......if your rumour is right...its likely to be a type specific certification....rather than say..Single engine turbine. Mr Piper..Mr Cessna...and Mr Socata...wont best be pleased.:confused:

capt.sparrow
17th Nov 2004, 18:02
Your right they wont be! Something to do with one of the scandinavian countries accepting FAA certified aircraft. As this state is part of JAA then the JAA are almost forced to accept it also, loop holes and backdoors i think but all good fun.

haughtney1
17th Nov 2004, 18:10
So if its just certificated aircraft.......Pt135 in FAA speak,...then its only likely to be the PC12, and the Cessna Caravan. Or do you think otherwise?