View Full Version : Going Dutch ??

10W
8th Nov 2000, 23:34
Received this from a Dutch ATC colleague.

I know that a lot of controllers are anxious to get a job in ATC somewhere else.

My administration (Netherlands ATC) is almost at the point of recruiting controllers from abroad like the Swiss do at this moment.

Send your request for more info to:

[email protected]

Good luck

Flypuppy, what's Dutch for 'How much do you pay ?' :)

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

PadLock
9th Nov 2000, 03:40
'Hoeveel schuift het?' :)

[This message has been edited by PadLock (edited 08 November 2000).]

Proceed As Cleared
9th Nov 2000, 12:22
And the Swiss still do!

Good money, but hvy tfc!

250 kts
9th Nov 2000, 14:24
Don't stand a bloody chance with the lingo then!!!

On the beach
9th Nov 2000, 16:18
Rumour has it that 20+ Ozzies are currently packing their surfboards ready to start at Maastricht. Didn't realise Europe had expanded so fast.

Not Long Now
9th Nov 2000, 22:28
In the interests of european harmonisation and all that crap, no chance of any foreigners coming over to LATCC to help out on the numbers front I suppose? Surely there must be some country who pays less or has a higher cost of living that we could poach for staff?

Lon More
14th Nov 2000, 14:23
Not Long Now - the problem was (is still?) that CAA does not accept anybody elses training as being valid and insists on starting at the bottom again.

BTW. The Dutch had some ten CAA bods on secondment a few years ago, I don't know if any stayed on

------------------
Lon More,just an ATCO

Radar
14th Nov 2000, 19:49
Not Long Now ... with the current strength of sterling, the cost of housing etc., attracting anyone from outside is going to be an uphill battle.

Lon I thought on of the English guys stayed on at AMS, Stuart's the guys name me thinks. BTW any joy with my CD ????? :)

Lon More
16th Nov 2000, 05:50
Radar - The name,s familiar.Mucky Music on it's way when I get back from Wetlands on Saturday.

BTW Did lunch bite back? I think the fish was off.

ATC Watcher
16th Nov 2000, 10:27
Correction on the numbers : 2 Ozzies so far for Maastricht , not 20 unfortunately.
Going to work in AMS : good money, nice guys, but very bad food...

Radar
16th Nov 2000, 12:39
Lon,
No problem with lunch .... I guess you're just the sensitive kind :) :) Safe trip back. See you Sunday