PDA

View Full Version : 9h 05 minutes, two years, and two aircraft...

AerBabe
4th Nov 2004, 17:49
... but I finally got my tailwheel sign off today! :ok:

Dunno why I had to go to North Weald to do the hard-runway practise though. :O Probably never hear the last of that. Not that I was doing anything wrong... it's just I paid to use the runway, I don't see why I shouldn't use as much of it as possible.

Flyin'Dutch'
4th Nov 2004, 18:00
Well done.

Was one of those excellent calm autumn days to get going in a tailwheel machine.

Enjoy!

FD

AerBabe
4th Nov 2004, 18:03
Not that calm... But at least the 12 kt of wind was pretty much straight down the crosswind runway at NW. Not the easiest one to land on with a significant dip in the middle :ugh:

Send Clowns
4th Nov 2004, 18:16
Well done Babe!!! When can I go flying with you in the thruster?

Whirlybird
4th Nov 2004, 18:21
Calm day!?!!? Not at Enstone, where I landed in a strong, gusty crosswind with low level windsheer. :eek: :eek: :eek: Not sure if it convinced me that...
a) I can fly these funny plank things better than I thought I could, or
b) I should just stick to helicopters.

Well done anyway, Aerbabe. After half an hour in a Tiger Moth, and an hour in a Cub, I decided tailwheel aircraft were fun, and I might even do the same some day. If I do, I'll probably beat you on years, hours, and number of aircraft. ;) :D

TheKentishFledgling
4th Nov 2004, 18:51
Nice! Feels good doesn't it!

What did you do it in?

tKF

AerBabe
4th Nov 2004, 18:55
S'Clowns - Hopefully finishing the Thruster check-out next week...

TKF - First 6 ish hours were in a Chipmunk, finished off in a Cub.

BeauMan
5th Nov 2004, 08:35
AB - congrats! Isn't Cubbage such FUN? :D

LowNSlow
5th Nov 2004, 09:23
Congratulations AB, I'll have to get the Auster over to NW next time I'm home. :ok: :ok:

Aussie Andy
5th Nov 2004, 12:22
G'day AerBabe - long no-see time since we met at Project Propeller... anyway, I have never flown tail-dragger (well technically I've flown my friends a/c but never landed or taken off in one at least) so I for one would be interested in a write-up from you point of view: what's it like? what's hard, what's easy, what's fun, what's to recommend it?

Cheers!

Andy ;)

Kingy
5th Nov 2004, 13:41
Hey well done Ms AB,

That is really great news, you are welcome to come fly my cub any time, and I suppose I'll have to let you take me up for my first microlite experience ever in that Thruster thingy too... Hmmm er nice.. !

Your friend

Kingy

MadamBreakneck
5th Nov 2004, 16:33
Well done AB. That'll make the conversion to Thruster flying a bit easier :O

Nothing to beat the satisfaction of a bounce-free 3-pointer in one of those beasties - especially when there's an audience :ok:

Chuck Ellsworth
5th Nov 2004, 17:28
Now all you need is to fly Clives Tiger Moth.....:ok:

Chuck E.