PDA

View Full Version : Spare Seats Available / Desired

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

dublinpilot
27th Aug 2004, 13:03
This thread is for people who are going flying, and have a spare seat, that they are willing to share.

I suggest including the following details in your post.

1. Where you are flying from.
2. Date & time
3. Who you are willing to take. eg. non-flying child, non-flying adult, student pilot, low hour pilot, high hour pilot, pilot with specific experience that you hope to learn from.
4. Costs. Is the seat free, or do you expect the passenger to pay the landing fee, buy lunch, or share all costs.

Squadgy
29th Aug 2004, 12:01
4. Costs. Is the seat free, or do you expect the passenger to pay the landing fee, buy lunch, or share all costs.

Would exercise caution when advertising spare seats like this, see Art 130 of ANO, esp : no information concerning the flight shall have been published or advertised prior to the commencement of the flight other than, in the case of an aircraft operated by a flying club, advertising wholly within the premises of such a flying club in which case all the persons carried on such a flight who are aged 18 years or over shall be members of that flying club.

Monocock
30th Aug 2004, 21:34
OK, i'll kick off and say I'm flying from a strip near Junc 14 of the M4 most weeks. Sometimes I am going somewhere, sometimes I am not.

If anyone wishes to PM me and come for a trip out let me know what kind of flight you want (local summers evening bimble/trip to a destination I might have to do) and I'll gladly accomodate you.

I don't want any money for it, just some decent conversation will do (immigrant rulings / the banning of vegetarianism etc).

Student pilots welcome, high hour pilots too (as long as they don't criticise). Student female pilots especially welcome:E

Seriously, feel free to get in touch. I'm happy to take you.:ok:

Hampshire Hog
1st Sep 2004, 08:06
Looks like a good idea to me - especially for student pilots seeking to learn from those more experienced.

I think the way around the ANO is for people who are happy to take someone flying simply to say that and the generic types of flight that they typically do (inc. broad location). Then no details of any specific flight are being published. Probably best avoid online discussions about costs. That can be raised between the individuals concerned.

It's borderline, but then that's how the law works.

HH

BRL
1st Sep 2004, 09:48
Squadgy: Thank you for the heads up there, there are other aviation forums about that have a seperate forum just for this kind of thing so there is/must be a way around it somehow. (see the post above.)

Have not had an e-mail from the CAA for a while now, so far so good....... :)

c-bert
1st Sep 2004, 12:01
Well since no one is advertising I thought I'd put in a request! I'm a student PPL (33 hours) based in between Southampton and Goodwood and would be very grateful of any free/cheap flying.

Ta in advance.

Mark

Hampshire Hog
1st Sep 2004, 15:20
Ah, C-bert, I thought I might find you here! Likewise, anyone wanting some company, student (14 hours), from Blackbushe or Wycombe? I have a preference for flying with competent pilots in fully airworthy aircraft!

pilotwolf
1st Sep 2004, 17:38
...and would be very grateful of any free/cheap flying. Wouldn't we all!!!

Single seat in Hughes 269 on occasions.. open for suggestions of different places - not necessarily airfields either :ok: -are welcome.

PW

drauk
2nd Sep 2004, 10:02
I am willing to offer a free seat to any interested parties. North London, weekdays more often than weekends, but I'm flexible. Would be most interested to hear from students or newly qualified PPL's - I wish I'd known someone to fly with when I was at that stage myself. All I ask for in return is some enthusiasm and interest.

What amazes me is how infrequently offers like this are taken up (never did hear from that kid with the letter in the magazine despite offering precisely what he wanted). I may have a very untrustworthy face, but you can't tell that online...

ACW 335
2nd Sep 2004, 11:01
c-bert; why don't you stick a notice up on the Goodwood board in the cafe?
I know there are people who have empty seats as i have been asked if i wanted to go for a jolly!

FlyFreeWbe
2nd Sep 2004, 12:02
drauk, when you say north london, do you mean in london or above it? Im a student at herts uni, soon to get my PPL but would be interested in coming up with you during the week in term time. What airfield do you operate out of?

FullyFlapped
2nd Sep 2004, 15:07
OK, I fly from Leeds/Bradford, and I'm quite happy to act as an aerial chaperone for any young female students at any time !;)

Only jesting, if there are any students out there who fancy a trip at some point, drop me a PM with your details and preferences.

I'm not often available due to the usual combined pressures of work, family, bank manager and tax man, but you never know, you might catch me on a day when the above haven't ...

FF :ok:

IMC1
2nd Sep 2004, 19:37
I fly a turbo Arrow out of Bournemouth and a Mooney out of Biggin. Happy to take a fellow pilot for a 'jolly'. Send me a PM. IMC...

Andy_R
3rd Sep 2004, 11:58
I fly from Shoreham and despite a long list of persons wanting to go flying, it is not always possible for them to do so. Warrior, Tomahawk or 150/152, do drop me a PM with your details if you would be interested.

Particularly happy to take up studes or recently qualified PPL's who would like to have someone more experienced sat next to them. I know I have gleaned a lot of knowledge from having someone there to advise/help. And somehow it doesn't seem nearly as nerve wracking!!

Andy

more weekdays than weekends

BeauMan
3rd Sep 2004, 12:44
I'm a recent PPL, flying out of Cambridge. Next couple of flights I intend to make already have willing victims, ahem, volunteers, allocated to seats, but there may be the odd occasion when I have the aeroplane booked for an hour, and an empty right hand seat.

I tend to stick to weekends, and probably won't have a seat spare for a good month or so, but if there are any studes or non-flyers who can potentially make Cambridge at short notice, drop me a PM...

Gertrude the Wombat
3rd Sep 2004, 16:46
I too have spare seats for trips from Cambridge from time to time. (But you won't want to come on my next flight, as I'm intending to practice short field landings in the circuit.)

Whirlybird
3rd Sep 2004, 18:02
I fly a C150 out of Sleap from time to time, and I like having company.

TheBeeKeeper
8th Sep 2004, 12:32
DH Queen Bee at Henlow, (Similar to Tiger Moth), my landings seem better with extra weight of front seat occupied :O

PM me

BK

PPRuNe Radar
8th Sep 2004, 21:51
If the good weather holds out, some spare seats on Friday afternoon (around 1700 local, 10th Sep) from Prestwick to Inverness.

Will be returning around lunchtime on Sunday (12th Sep).

Meeting some Inverness ATC people, Eastern Airways pilots, and PPLs on Friday evening for a few libations.

There is also a group of fliers going out on the Saturday evening as well, although I am otherwise engaged.

Accomodation, food, & drink, all at your own expense and organisation. Seats in aircraft are free, with no taxes :}

Or you can get the train or bus back I suppose !!

mazzy1026
29th Nov 2004, 13:44
How can I not ask for any flying in the Liverpool area! PPL - love to learn some more, and yes I can give an interesting conversation! :ok: :ok:

Flyin'Dutch'
29th Nov 2004, 18:07
BRL,

Still busy at the top but would this not be a more worthy cause than the CAA safety evenings?

FD

BRL
29th Nov 2004, 22:41
Good call Frank, took the words out of my mouth.

(Prepare now for the usual threats/whiginging, about safety being more important then spare seats etc etc etc.......)

Mariner9
1st Dec 2004, 15:08
Seat(s) available in a PA28 from Filton to Lasham and back, departing noon Thursday 2nd Dec, weather (particularly vis!) permitting. No cost sharing - just be glad of the company and an extra lookout.

PM if interested.

M9

jayemm
1st Dec 2004, 15:57
PA28 from Blackbushe seeks excuses to fly.

Goes anywhere as long as it's outside the circuit. eg. Sheffield, Leeds, Blackpool, Scotland, West Country (inc Scilly Isles), Wales etc.

Friends and family now exhausted by trips and airfield food, so often have a spare seat or two.

Normally weekends only.

PM if interested.

Dusty_B
2nd Dec 2004, 09:09
Always looking for pax to take on joy-rides: I can't fly unless someone helps me get the aeroplane out of the hangar! :hmm: :E

PM me if you'd like to be put on my "standby" list!

Classic
3rd Dec 2004, 09:02
I usually have a spare seat flying from Bicester/Turweston on weekdays, probably once a week or so (maybe every fortnight in this weather). Usual bimble for a cup of tea and bacon sarnie etc. PM me if interested.

cloudskimmer
5th Dec 2004, 22:57
i done a bit of flying myself out of leeds .. . . and would love to jumpseat with some of you ppls maybe make a vid with my new camcorder . . . so anyone with a spare seat out of leeds/sherburn let me know

Unusual Attitude
6th Dec 2004, 11:01
Have a share in a C172 out of Aberdeen and am always happy to take anyone who is interested, will fly day or night whichever prefered..

£25 per hour towards my costs and maybe a beer afterwards.....

Drop me a PM if interested.....

BRL
6th Dec 2004, 11:39
Anyone at Shoreham like to offer me an evening/night flight?

Wouldn't mind seeing Sussex after dark from the air, only ever been on the usual scheduled/charter flights in the dark and they are not quite the same are they. :)

Kingy
8th Dec 2004, 11:20
Anyone wishing to share some short strip, taildragger, barnstorming cubbing fun in my 1943 L4 are welcome to PM me.

I fly from Eastbach, Forest of Dean and fly once or twice a week - it's a beautiful part of the world and there are lots of interesting aircraft based at our place too.

I don't want any money for it as I own half the plane and basically fly for gas. I just want to share this wonderful privilege with others.

Cheers

Kingy

Spikeee
9th Dec 2004, 12:24
If anyone is looking for a seat filled in the Barton, Blackpool, Liverpool and Manchester area I’d be happy to contribute to the costs.

My currency is terrible at the minute and it would be good to get up in the air as much as possible. Not managing to fly much personally now that its coming up to crimbo.

Cheers

terryJones
10th Dec 2004, 22:29
If anyone ever needs ballast from Conington or Fenland I would be more than interested. My log book tells me it has been over 12 months since I last had my bum off the ground (well, more than 3 feet off the ground)
One of the drawbacks to retirement, loads of time but little cash to enjoy it with:(

Ronaldsway Radar
16th Dec 2004, 13:42
G'day fellow pilots,

I'm training for my PPL on the Isle of Man, but if theres anyone around liverpool/blackpool or very close to them, or the IOM of course, that can spare an hour for a short flight, I would really enjoy the learning experience, and the pilot chit-chatter!
Maybe when I pass my PPL, I can do the opposite and offer flights instead...
Martyn

NT42
18th Dec 2004, 17:52
Hey,

Inexperienced student here! If anybody happens to have their own, or a share in an aircraft at Newcastle (or Eshott) I'd be more than happy to come along for a flight. (Obvious statment I know!). If any free / cheap flights are available, please PM me!

Thanks,

John Foreman.

coopervane
21st Dec 2004, 11:55
Barton and Isle of Man rides available. PM me if you fancy it!

Coop & Bear

Hold Foxtrot (again)
25th Dec 2004, 16:53
Anyone nr EGNT. expierienced pilot willing to share beer money
for right seat rides.

Cheers

John,It will sort itself out one day (JWF)

Dunc
29th Dec 2004, 21:43
I fly my Mooney and Aztec out of Elstree. Happy to take someone in rh seat. PM me if interested.

DRJAD
31st Dec 2004, 10:43
I frequently have some spare seats available. Mainly, currently, from Sherburn.

PM me if interested in occupying a seat.

grumman_driver
1st Feb 2005, 15:50
Taking advantage of EasyJet flights CPH-Stansted I had this idea of "exchange". I'll pick you up at CPH airport, we'll go flying in a pa 28-181 or a C 172SP from Landskrona in Sweden over to Denmark. I'll expect to be treated in the same way in return.
Flights leave Stansted on weekends at 07.15, landing CPH 09.55, return 19.35 landing Stansted 20.30.
Isn't it a nice way to spend a weekend?

BRL
25th Mar 2005, 15:40
Decent weather for a while so time to bring this up.

Does anyone have a spare seat available from Shoreham over the next couple of days?

Redhill and Goodwood would be nice too if anyone would like some talking ballast for a while........... :)

Confabulous
8th May 2005, 21:00
Just thought I'd resurrect this thread as it's summer and end of VFR is so much later, thus more opportunities to go aviatin'

Also would like to thank two Irish PPRuNers (Dublinpilot and Soul Doctor) for ferrying my bulk from A to B in a comfortable and aerodynamic way while tolerating my incessant heading excursions! :ok:

Confab

PS: Can this be turned into a sticky for the summer months?

dublinpilot
11th May 2005, 20:05
Confab,

It was a joy to bring you flying!

I'll email you the pics and the gps trail over the weekend.

dp

BRL
11th May 2005, 20:10
Hi there. I will stick it when the fly-in sticky has finished.

Anyone on the coast got anything going give us a shout. :)

sparks-flying
12th May 2005, 21:49
Hi there

Anyone in with spare seat in Manchester, Barton, Blackpool or Liverpool area I'd be grateful to hear from! Please PM me!!

Cheers SF

italianjon
13th May 2005, 08:30
Hi guys,

I am hoping to start the training for my PPL this summer. I want to do a full time course.

At the moment I am pre-studying the ground school part.

I would be grateful of a seat in a plane, just to sit there and see theory in action. It would help with the study.

I am a dab hand at being ballast, can speak - so can assist in alleviating boredom; and generally have two arms two legs, and one head on my shoulders!

I live in the South, so anywhere inside the square created by Popham, Blackbushe, Denham and Booker, is ideal.

PM me if you can help.

Laters

Jon

pponting
13th May 2005, 12:21
Occasional RH seat available in Liverpool.

No money expected if I have a spare seat and am going up anyway.

wbryce
13th May 2005, 12:33
occasional spare seat avail at cumbernauld....

Bob Stinger
30th Jun 2005, 22:57
Regular spare seats Blackpool.

Blinkz
30th Jun 2005, 23:34
I've got a spare seat here at blackbushe, altho I'm a brand-spanking new PPL at the moment so I'd prefer to have a fellow pilot in the other seat to swap ideas and experiences to start with! If I'm flying anyway then don't really mind no money, but someone splitting the costs is always welcome! PM if interested.

BRL
1st Jul 2005, 15:02
Flying season is well underway and I had forgotten about this thread so I have stuck it for the time being.

If you have a spare seat let people know here, I know this was popular last year so let us know if you can take someone up.

If anyone has a seat to fill at Shoreham drop us a line :)

Gerhardt
1st Jul 2005, 16:49
This is great! I'm a private pilot from the states and hope to visit the UK again soon. It would be terrific to hitch a short ride with someone!
- Gerhardt

hingey
1st Jul 2005, 17:35
Gerhardt, just PM me if ever your in the Exeter region.

I am a recent PPL holder, in Exeter, looking to sit in the back of any flights just for the experience and sheer pleasure of it. Willing to pay landing/ membership/ lunch fees etc.

Any offers?

Many thanks,

h

whitingiom
5th Jul 2005, 12:24
Hi

I'm a student (11 hours) and wondered if anyone has a spare seat on weekday evenings around Milton Keynes? I'm here with a job for work until 5 August and struggle for things to do on Monday to Thursday nights!

One word of warning, I weigh 95 kilos so might struggle in some smaller aircraft.

Please let me know if you could help.

wombat13
5th Jul 2005, 14:52
I am going out of Sleap this Friday for a days flying around the country with a stop over where ever I end up and back to Sleap no later than 11.00am on Saturday morning.

It is a club plane so I need to be P1 at all time. Don't care too much if you contribute to fuel. Up to you.

No kids and no high hour pilots (unless you have a real sense of humour). To keep the wife happy, any females need to have at least two heads and a hairy back.

Me low hour recently qualified. PA28. An ability to cope with a degree of coarse language is essential.

PM me.

The Wombat

leeds.flyer
5th Jul 2005, 15:17
Hi

I'm a student PPL at Leeds/Bradford (28 hours, HR200), and would love to know if there's ever a spare seat available.

I'll be starting Nav soon so it would be a great help if there was someone I could join on a flight to another airfield and back.

Cheers
Paul

tpo435
8th Jul 2005, 20:36
i'm a fairly "experienced" ppl student and would be keen to share flight costs with qualified ppls in the london and home counties area, especially the northern ones eg. up to cambs. i don't suppose anyone knows of similar threads or websites elsewhere too? i think it's a great idea.

d192049d
17th Jul 2005, 16:51
110 Hr PPL [A] Cessna 152 / 172, club hire as & when from Derby or East Mids. Happy to share at all times with like minded non pilot or pilot for flights in & around the Midlands area.

Also interested in any groups who do not require capital contribution, just monthly DD's.

If you want to buy the "bacon butties" or contribute I will not object.

PM if interested

M

mazzy1026
3rd Aug 2005, 15:39
pponting - can I av a refund :} :E

wombat13
3rd Aug 2005, 18:04
10 Aug Sleap - Popham, back mid morning 11 Aug. Seat available. See earlier posting above for all vital info to such an experience.

The Wombat

Lazy_Student
7th Aug 2005, 20:02
... but until then, offering substantial ballast in the Essex area - any time! Contribution to costs no problem (just a smaller lottery win required).

PM etc if I should be so lucky.

PhilM
8th Aug 2005, 20:48
Anyone flying out of Cardiff???

Keen to get up in the air again, been ages, would love to start PPL but being a broke aerospace eng student doesnt allow it :{

Feel free to PM me

cambioso
9th Aug 2005, 04:45
Empty positioning of C525 Citationjet from B'ham to Ibiza Thurs (11th) evening Right seat available depart BHX about 8pm (ish).
Find your own way home I'm afraid!!

Anyone interested? PM me......

Camb.

Charlie Zulu
11th Aug 2005, 04:17
PhilM,

I fly a Beagle Pup from Cardiff and am more than happy to take willing passengers along when I do commit to aviation. I'm running out of family and friends who like flying and airfield food. :D

I'll send you my details via PM.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

PhilM
12th Aug 2005, 07:35
Charlie Zulu, you have a PM, thanks :ok:

Buttino
14th Aug 2005, 14:32
Hi everyone,

I've just recently decided that I want to get my PPL but haven't got round to actually do anything about it.....so far!

I'm in the Colchester, Essex area and would love to accompany anyone who needs a passenger. My only experience so far is a trial glider lesson about 3 years ago which was great!

Thanks in advance

Trev

mike9
17th Aug 2005, 19:42
hi anbody flying out of staverton with spare seat for local flying
22hr ppl looking for avation advice and gain experince

cheers

er340790
18th Aug 2005, 20:29
I'll be taking off in 5 minutes from a lake in NW Ontario - if anyone would like to join me.

ASES

BRL
18th Aug 2005, 21:07
Show-off poseur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :}

*Zwitter*
20th Aug 2005, 11:07
anyone flying out of biggin?

i have a little flying experience and am considering a PPL.

I'd love a trip or two, am local to Biggin so can come at short notice - can contribute to costs too

cheers

Zwit

TJF97
21st Aug 2005, 10:55
Zwit,
I started my PPL at Biggin but I found the landing/circuit fee's are so exspensive compared with other local aerodromes.

TJF97

*Zwitter*
21st Aug 2005, 14:18
yeah I know - 8 quid a 'lap' :D

it's just so local to me - Do you know if redhill or headcorn etc. are more reasonable?

Fretwanger
22nd Aug 2005, 17:04
anyone flying out of teesside, that requires a passenger give me a bell :) could do with a mentor :)

TJF97
22nd Aug 2005, 17:15
£8 A lap and £20 to land at the weekends!!!

I'm told Headcorn is cheaper, You'd have to ring them up.

I can't imagine how much extra the total is for landing/circuit fee's at Biggin, its got to be roughly £1000!!!!

TJF97

Confabulous
29th Aug 2005, 20:42
If anyone's flying out of EIDW or Weston and has a spare seat I'll pay my way!

Confab

172driver
31st Aug 2005, 17:11
LEMG / LEAX

If any of you guys is down in Malaga in the next few weeks , I'll be flying out of LEMG and/or LEAX a couple of times. Cost share appreciated, but not a must. Destinations flexible.

plumponpies
1st Sep 2005, 11:01
Spare seat available on occasional evenings from Shoreham in a C150.

mickjoebill
3rd Sep 2005, 11:54
PPL needs lift Weston to Newquay on 15th need to go 1900 hrs so opportunity for night flight

Mickjoebill

WorkingHard
3rd Sep 2005, 18:45
Short notice - seat available from Lincolnshire to Prestwick tomorrow afternoon. Return Monday night. PM me with your details

NT42
4th Sep 2005, 15:46
If anyone is going for a trip out of Newcastle or Eshott, please PM me. Will pay share. PPL student looking for a bit experience of navigation and flying further than the local training area!

Cheers,

JW.

TrickyIreland
5th Sep 2005, 00:48
Currently training with sheffield air school for ppl.
I live in manchester however im willing to travel for any free seats in and around my area-ish

I say ish as i drive for over an hour every week to sheffield from manchester.

Im close to Barton, Manchester Intl, Leeds, Sheffield, Doncaster, liverpool, Blackpool, etc etc

To be honest people i just want to sponge as much flying time as possible from you guys/gals.

Very apreciative of anybody that can help me out.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Tricky

unfazed
9th Sep 2005, 08:02
I am a FI based in NE London / Essex and am available during the week for any nav trips, or overseas flights

PM me if interested !

Fake Sealion
23rd Sep 2005, 09:18
Spare Seats ? Yorkshire ?

As a former RN pilot, both fixed and rotary wing, I would leap at any opprtunity to get airborne as a PAX !!

Living near Harrogate, I can travel easily to a fair number of airfields - Leeds, Sherburn, Bagby, Breighton etc etc....even Teesside. Anything considered...as they say !!

So...if any new or not so new PPL's have spare seats available either local GH or further afield, then please PM me. Will of course contribute to costs and buy bacon butties.

Cheers

FS

Send Clowns
26th Sep 2005, 10:50
I have to burn some holes in the sky in a 4-seat twin over the next few of weeks. My cheapest flying is Bournemouth to the channel islands, so for a small consideration we can go to Alderney. If you are willing to make up the difference to me (still less than half the cost of the hours I get cheaply from my employer!) we can go wherever you like from Bournemouth, 2 or even three of you (fuel dependent).

I have a CPL/IR, and all the flying will be IFR, so you get to see what that's like!

chutneyferret
3rd Oct 2005, 07:30
check your pms CF

Thoroughly Nice Bloke...
3rd Oct 2005, 21:15
Hi all,

I fly a twin out of EGTE IFR to destinations all over Europe two or three times a week and normally have at least one spare seat.

Pm for details

TNB

Epsonite
11th Oct 2005, 16:30
I am in the Oxfordshire area. If there are any spare seats going, to anywhere in anything, please let me know!

Thank you!

kevwal
14th Oct 2005, 09:30
Hi

I'm in Northamptonshire, close to Sywell and considering doing the PPL, would love to grab a spare seat sometime in Northamptonshire or surrounding counties to get some experiance and go for a ride.

Happy to pay some cash for fuel or cost share etc and be hands on with anything that needs doing. I'm about 80Kg, 6ft.

Thanks
Kev

[email protected], +44 (0)7867 825 847

Pontius P
24th Oct 2005, 15:11
Have lots of flying hours, but almost none in GA (do, however, have a sense of humour!) Can bore you for hours about the JP, Gnat, Chipmunk, Canberra, Hunter, Hawk, Buccaneer and charter airlines. Am keen to get as much varied GA experience as possible, preferably in SE England. Happy to pay my share, of course. Also happy to act as unpaid co-pilot on an ad-hoc basis.

philip2004uk
25th Oct 2005, 14:30
Hi just a quick question, if i got my ppl, is it possible to train for other qulals. while flying a friend.
Maybe someone in the back while i'm being instructed.

NT42
25th Oct 2005, 21:57
I THINK you can when flying with an instructor, for your PPL. In one of my early lessons, third or fourth I think, my dad sat in the back. Perhaps it's up to the club? Might be worth asking your instructor. I guess the odd flight with a passanger would be ok, doubt they'd be very happy if someone else came up every lesson though!

John.

geordiejet
10th Nov 2005, 18:41
Im in NEWCASTLE! Would love to go up with anyone, and cost share, PM me if you're interested :-) Have a car, so can travel to anywhere in the North. Have PPL (JAR + FAA), Night, Multi+100.

[email protected]

tashi
20th Nov 2005, 18:03
Hi, would be great to get a spare seat with anyone flying out of Denham or Elstree. Currently have a PPL with not many hours, promise to be enthusiastic ! weekends are the best time, any offers PM me.
Cheers

kevwal
22nd Jan 2006, 13:13
'Bump' as requested by BRL so he can find this thread again to make it sticky, and a quick copy of my plea :)

I'm in Northamptonshire, close to Sywell and considering doing the PPL, (or probably actually an NPPL Microlight). I would love to grab a spare seat sometime in Group A or Microlight in Northamptonshire or surrounding counties to get some experience and go for a ride.

Happy to pay some cash for fuel or cost share etc and be hands on with anything that needs doing. I'm about 80Kg, 6ft.

Thanks
Kev

[email protected], +44 (0)7867 825847

BRL
22nd Jan 2006, 19:10
Thanks Kev! :)

dwshimoda
23rd Jan 2006, 12:37
Kev,

Check your PM's.

DW.

charliegolf
23rd Jan 2006, 17:32
NPPL with about 90 hours looking to fly with someone. Main aim is to double up trip lengths, so I can actually go somewhere. I realise my hours will stay the same as I can afford now; but if we can can afford 2 hrs each, we can make it a good trip.

CG

rons22
23rd Jan 2006, 18:22
I fly C150 out of Elstree but if anyone interested to come as a pax, might take C172. Pls PM me if interested.

dwshimoda
23rd Jan 2006, 19:56
Now this probably seems crazy but does anyone fly any IFR trips out of Sheffield? i would love to sit in and get some experience of it. Available most days at the minute

Does Sheffield have IFR capability? Seem to remember their only being an NDB on the airfield when I last visited. Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question...

DW.

Captainkarl
26th Jan 2006, 15:17
Hey guys and ladies

Im a young traine pilot hope to get my PPL for my 17th birthday. Im looking for spare seats just so I can learn more radio and Navigation really, plus its just good fun to go off or go just up flying
I fly from peterborough Sibson, I also live 8 mins away from sywell.

Thanks

Karl

S-Works
27th Jan 2006, 18:09
karl, drop me a pm if you want to go flying.

Monocock
27th Jan 2006, 20:05
Anyone who wants to fly from West Berks for an trip out please PM me for my mobile number.

I'm happy for you to fly (as long as I land the thing you can go where yo want!)

:D

GonTek
29th Jan 2006, 14:49
Anybody in north east NCLE or Teeside interested in sharing please pm
Have ppl/night rating.
Interested in flying anything at all.

Regards All

foxmoth
30th Jan 2006, 18:23
Our Aircraft is finally ready after its permit renewal so I need to get to Popham tomorrow to pick her up, lift for 2 if possible as we need to do the test flight on the way back and 2 up will give the required weight. Please PM me if you can help (good chance for anyone not been and wants their hand holding going into Popham the first time). :D

Robboflyer
30th Jan 2006, 20:16
I fly regularly out of Denham at weekends and often have the right hand seat available. Let me know.

ppljames
31st Jan 2006, 11:38
HI i am looking to start my PPL this summer, anyone flying from Manston with a spare seat i would be more than happy to keep you company:ok:

techno68
3rd Feb 2006, 13:42
hello all
my first message here:) .. you will perhaps come in France within the next months.. If you come in Alsace, east of France, very close to Germany and switzerland. If you not scared to fly with a froggy in a PIPER PA 18, over the beautiful Vosges mountains, not talking about having a cool glass of white Alsace wine or a fresh Alsacian beer.... :ok:

Lister Noble
3rd Feb 2006, 14:07
Techno 68,
Welcome to the forum and I would enjoy a trip around the area in your aircraft,plus the glass (or two) of wine!
I will contact you if I come to the Alsace.
Lister:)

strafer
3rd Feb 2006, 15:18
Alsace is a beautiful part of the world. Hmmm, very tempting!

CDH
3rd Feb 2006, 16:08
techno68
me thinks you will be inundated with visitors this summer ;)

Jamongris
10th Feb 2006, 17:38
Hey Techo I fancy that too. I you ever pass through Madrid I would be happy to reciprocate. We also have good wines/beers here :ok:
Anyone else passing through the Spanish capital feel free to contact me.

cessnasey
11th Feb 2006, 20:52
hey. just started learning to fly at stapleford. havnt got many hours logged as of yet but would love to get as much feel for GA and meet people. my only connection to other PPLs is here on pprune, so, its time i met some of you aviator folk!

so anyone flying out of stapleford or biggin (both are near by) for pleasure/sightseeing etc who would like to show off to a wannabe PPL (soon to be :) ) please email me at [email protected]. would love to meet and talk to people with a passion for aviation.

i am happy to contribute my share :ok:

Mariner9
13th Feb 2006, 09:39
Got a free RHS available Sat 18th Feb for a 1-way flight Brock Farm (Billericay) to Cardiff. You'll just have to pay for your train fare home (or to Essex, if you live near Cardiff)

PM if interested

Airist
16th Feb 2006, 09:04
Anyone bouncing their way out of Exeter who would be willing to have along a CPL/IR with low hours, please let me know. Would be interested in any sort of flight and willing to contribute in any way, shape or form (but I make terrible coffee). Or if anyone is interested in a cost-share rental thing...

172driver
20th Feb 2006, 07:45
I'll be flying out of LEMG over the next month or so. Some local, but mainly X-country. Anyone interested PM me.

coopervane
20th Feb 2006, 21:29
Anyone looking for a ride in a Cherokee 140 pm me.

Looking for some company as I extend my adventures!!!!

Weekdays as well as weekends!!!

Coop & Bear

gcolyer
27th Feb 2006, 16:09
Hi,

If there is anyone on or near the isle of man that would like to share a plane and clock some hours give me a shout.

Gary

unfazed
1st Mar 2006, 08:51
JAR Flight instructor with FAA Commercial / IR available in N.E. London / Essex area for cross country / international flights - happy to act as safety pilot for fun trips ( IMC / IFR preferred as need to stay current on approaches etc ) - Please PM me if interested !:)

spitfires rule
3rd Mar 2006, 02:44
Hey was wondering if any Canadian pilots around the KW area who want to share a plane please PM I'm starting my PPL in the summer but woukd greatly appreciate any extra flying :)
Spitfires rule

davidatter708
7th Mar 2006, 18:00
hey anyone at EGBG willing to take me up you have probably seen me hanging around wouldnt mind sports plane BNNA and the pitts 2 seater look good :E david

sparticle
11th Mar 2006, 13:10
Hi I am a student PPL, in the process of completion. I fly from Humberside and would be very interested in taking up any offer of spare seats, etc.

Ambition is to fly Jets, currently looking hard at Jet Provost/L39 syndicates in the UK. If anyone has spare seats in the JP at any time, I would be grateful of the seat time :)

Cheers
Stephen

wilford@global
11th Mar 2006, 13:38
building hours for com licence looking for places to go. the further the better.cessna 172 I.F.equip/ transponder
any takers?

Flying Farmer
15th Mar 2006, 07:37
Hi JAR Flight instructor / IR available in West Country area for anyone who wants to expand horizons, happy to act as safety pilot. Send a PM if interested.

mdc
16th Mar 2006, 12:40
I'm just outside Cambridge, and considering doing the PPL/NPPL. At the moment I am ploughing through the AFE books so I can see what this ground school bit is all about.

I would love to grab a spare seat sometime in or around Cambridgeshire to get some experience, see theory in action (hopefully might make the text clearer, it can be slow going at times) and go for a ride.

Happy to pay some cash for fuel or cost share etc etc.

thank you

Michael

LondonJ
16th Mar 2006, 23:43
anyone want to jump right seat for £30/hr (i.e. split cost) from Elstree (PA38)? PM me

Captain Mayday
19th Mar 2006, 13:06
Always ready and willing to leap skywards and don't need much excuse to have spare seats!!
If you're up in Scotland and want to join in on some stunning island lunch trips, drop me a PM. :ok:

FlyFreeWbe
22nd Mar 2006, 10:35
Michael, check your PM's.
ffw

Pilotdom
29th Mar 2006, 01:35
Hi All,

Im currently doing my PPL at Sherburn Aero Club,anybody with any spare seats let me know i take any excuse to get airbourne. Would be great to accompany someone flying im a commercial form aswell

Many thanks
Dominic

atcomarkingtime
30th Mar 2006, 16:48
Hey....I'm on holiday in Blackpool next week...3rd-7th April and then in the Manchester area 7th-9th April...anyone got a spare seat for an Air traffic controller pushing his luck??
Cheers

G-BHZO
1st Apr 2006, 23:11
Hi everyone, thought it was about time I registered instead of just lurking in the forums!

I am a 100+ PPL with Night Qualification flying from Prestwick. Just back onto the PA28 after a couple of happy years on C172 (which has now sadly moved to pastures new :{ ), but the chance to get back on C172 would be greeted enthusiastically!

Mostly weekend flying for me, spare seats sometimes available for jaunts to the Islands, Ireland and the top end of the UK in general! Would also be interested in taking up spare seats and helping with Nav etc (willing to contribute!) to expand my horizons a bit further. I am also happy to go with either new PPLs or those with a bit more experience. Can travel to GLA / Cumbernauld if required.

Feel free to PM if any of this is of interest.

Happy flying,

Gregor.

(Edited because I forgot about the Night Quali the first time!!)

GNF072
4th Apr 2006, 13:55
Hi all.
I'm a pilot with PPL.
I come from Verona Italy. If anyone wants to right seat and fly in north Italy contact me.
bye

ozzy_melb
6th Apr 2006, 08:05
Hi all,

im currently 17 and studying and am trying to get into the aviation industry. if anyone from Melbourne has a spare seat please PM... thanks heaps

*oz*:ok:

peppl
6th Apr 2006, 14:49
Hi there - Just wondering of anyone has any spare seats out of Denham. W Waltham, Blackbush, Fairoaks or Wycombe?

I've let my ICAO PPL expire and just waiting to start again (JAR this time). So just getting back up to observe would be a great booster.

Thanks. :ok:

aged
7th Apr 2006, 03:43
Hi, in the summer there will be the occasional empty seat in a 152 flying out of Perth (Scotland, not Aus). You can either come along for the experience for a wee bit of cost share or, if a licence holder, share longer trips, eg down west coast to Ireland and back up through England etc

FlyEJF
8th Apr 2006, 14:36
Hi there,

I am thinking about starting my PPL in the near future and would love to join someone on a flight. I haven't flown in a light GA aircraft before so it would be good to become aquainted.

I live in North Bedfordshire, close to Cranfield but will travel (within reason)

I will be more than happy to spilt the costs.

Cheers

Ed

MarcJF
23rd Apr 2006, 19:40
Hi there - I'm a low hours PPL (around 100) current on a C150 and C172.Over the summer i'm looking to get some decent flying in, mostly on a Friday. Based Cranfield but can travel within reason, happy to join in the right seat and share cost or have you join me. PM if interested.

007helicopter
30th Apr 2006, 16:35
Any helicopter enthusiasts who would like to share some costs to fly my Hiller UH12C drop me a pm

Machine was used in the 1963 Bond Movie "From Russia With Love" pics at www.007helicopter.com (http://www.007helicopter.com)

Based in Kent - UK

wetton
1st May 2006, 22:03
:) hello, i am 17 passed PPL skills test december 2005
anyone who would like to cost share for few small flights before the flying begins let me know and get into contact...and maybe we can arrange some flying. anyone welcome
being 17 and still in full time education means finding money to fly even once a month is very difficult so any offers will be very appreciated thanks!

smoothkpilot
2nd May 2006, 14:05
Hi all

I'd be willing to fly in the right hand seat, I've just got my Frozen ATPL (Multi/CPL/IR) currently training for my Instructor's Rating. I have 275TT and have flown PA28, C150, C152, C172, C182RG and Beechcraft Duchess. Would be interested in a right hand seat. Send me a personal message. I'm based in London but am willing to travel.

Many thanks

Smoothk :cool:

gyrfalcon
2nd May 2006, 19:41
Currently training for PPL based in Oxfordshire.

Would love to gain experience of flying in different machines - old, new, vintage, rotor, aerobatic - and yes I can talk and hold a conversation - would be more than willing to drive to meet up and help out with costs.

Thanks in advance

Mariner9
11th May 2006, 11:13
Free RHS available for a flight tommorrow (Fri 12th) afternoon (departing ~16:00) for a flight Ludham-Turweston or Beccles (haven't decided yet)-Upfield Farm (Newport) Free lift to Newport station for the return trip too (though you'll have to pay yer own train fare home ;) ) PM if interested.

atcomarkingtime
18th May 2006, 17:34
Any chance of this atco pushing his luck again....I'm holidaying in the Norfolk area at start of July......any spare seats avail????:ok:

speedbird676
22nd May 2006, 19:34
I'm a recent PPL with few hours and little money. Would love the chance to fly with someone. I'm in the Heathrow area and a very random roster so could be available any time! Any offers?

jayemm
22nd May 2006, 20:28
My wife was to fly with me to Cork from Blackbushe this weekend, but owing to an illness in the family cannot go now(nothing to do with my flying, honest!).
Planning to leave Blackbushe in the PA28 Sat 27 or Sun 28, and return Mon 29. You will have to arrange your own accommodation in Cork.
I will need confirmation by thurs am so that the forms can be completed in time.
Will probably stop at Haverfordwest on the way.

LN-TAG
29th May 2006, 17:52
I have a spare seat from Sola to Rygge (Norway) Sunday 4th of may. Dep. at 0430z

bencoulthard
29th May 2006, 22:53
I am seeking two seats (preferably in something without a steering wheel:E) to AreoExpo 2006 on Saturday 24th or Sunday 25th of June. Preferably Saturday but i'm not too concerned.

I live in Halifax and can travel to an airfield within any reasonable distance, willing to contribute to costs(feel like a right freeloader writing this).
PM me on here, MSN with that there button next to my name <<
or email [email protected]
or even one of those new fangled telephone calls 07968 748020

P.S. If I don't get a flight there's a spare seat in my Landy for anyone who wants it. 1st come ,1st served, and don't get any ideas of a luxury ride, as its a Defender.

Ben (scrounger) Coulthard

Mariner9
30th May 2006, 15:05
Free seat (and free entry to Aeroexpo) available Sat 24th June from Upfield Farm (South Wales). (Sorry Ben, only 1 seat available & it'd be quite a detour to Halifax :hmm: )

jayemm
1st Jun 2006, 21:14
Free seat Blackbushe to Huddersfield on Tuesday 6 June leaving at 0830. You will need to entertain yourself in Huddersfield until I leave to return to Blackbushe at around 5pm.

fenland81
5th Jun 2006, 16:23
I have my PPl and would like to hear from people who are interested in sharing costs. I would be happy to travel to distant airfields. I passed my PPL in late 2004 and want to gain more experiance:ugh: . I live in Leighton Buzzard.

I currently fly from fenland in club aircraft. I offer some good conversation and some funny stories if there are and right hand seats available??

VNAVSPD
10th Jun 2006, 17:28
Flenland81; check your pm's :ok:

finalapproach
13th Jun 2006, 12:17
I'll be doing about 20 hours over the next 3- 4 months. PA28 & PA38 from EGKB,(Biggin Hill) weekdays only, anyone interested in coming along (pilot or not) feel free to pm me.

smith
20th Jun 2006, 08:52
Have just finished my ATPL grounds and need to hour build, will be flying out of Prestwick for various day trips Mon-Fri over the next few weeks if anyone wants to hitch a ride. Tel 07766 810564

jasperyellow
21st Jun 2006, 16:38
Just finished my CPl/ME IR, and would be interested in any spare seats going in the Gloucestershire area?

PhilM
23rd Jun 2006, 06:14
Anyone flying out of Cardiff these days with a spare seat?

Cheers

geordiejet
29th Jun 2006, 07:36
Hey, can travel to all of the airfields near EGNT. Have own car/headset, and would love the chance to go up with someone to get to grips with UK RT and the local airspace. Have 150TT, PPL, Night, Multi.

SparkyBoy
29th Jun 2006, 09:25
JUNE 2006

Hi,

32, slim build, gsoh *oops sorry, I thought this was the dating website....*

BIGGIN HILL
If any PPL holder has a spare seat on any flight out of Biggin Hill I'd be very grateful. I'm 8 hours into my PPL course and the oppertunity to ask some questions, watch how trips are done and listen in on some RT would be excellent.
I would of course share any expenses.

Cheers

Sparky

finalapproach
29th Jun 2006, 11:44
If you look 5 posts above yours you will see a rhs offer out of Biggin Hill - or am I missing saomething here?

SparkyBoy
29th Jun 2006, 16:31
If you look 5 posts above yours you will see a rhs offer out of Biggin Hill - or am I missing saomething here?

ooooh thanks, I really must remember to take those eye pills. :P

angusrodger
4th Jul 2006, 23:05
I love being in and around helicopters, and (of course!) flying them. I got a PPL in sunny California, and because of my US licence until now I've done all my flying on holidays in the States. I've notched up around 100 hours, mostly in a Schweizer 300 (Hughes 269). I've also flown a Jet Ranger a couple of times, which was "awesome", an R22 and an R44.

I've often thought that there must be loads of empty seats flying around the UK, and wondered whether some of the pilots would be happy to have some company and perhaps even let me do a spot of flying myself (subject to any licence issues). And then I stumbled across this thread - great idea!

I'm a well-travelled, professional 38 year old, and probably reasonable company (at least for the first hour or so!). I live in Ealing and work in the city. I never got a car, but can get to anywhere that's serviced by public transport.

If anyone would be willing to give me either some cheap flying experience in the UK, or the chance to participate in an interesting flight somewhere, then I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Cheers!

Angus

Mariner9
6th Jul 2006, 15:04
I might (subject to usual aviation vagueries of weather and other family member's plans) have a free spare seat available this Saturday morning for a flight from a farm strip near Newport S Wales to Sherlowe, then onto Hawarden. One way seat only however (am collecting pax at Hawarden), you'll have to get the train back (could arrange lift to Chester station)

kalooli
7th Jul 2006, 19:46
Regular spare seats Blackpool.
This is a whole year and some later, but .. do you still do spare seats?
I am learning to fly from Blackpool, but both of our aeroplanes are out of action for two weeks :ugh: . Do you care for somebody to come along in the right hand seat a couple of times?

bellend
8th Jul 2006, 06:49
Angus

I live in Greenford and fly out of Denham,Maybe you should join the pilot center at Denham as a social member £25 as there are plenty of solo flyers ,myself included that would take you . I would offer now but as I dont know you am a bit dubious ,

Edit No rotaries at TPC though

VH-WTF
8th Jul 2006, 19:30
Hi All,
If anyone is flying around LSZH or up into Germany(i'm under the 14 approach on the German side of the Rhine) with a spare seat let me know! I'm 21 with an Australian PPL.
Cheers!

007helicopter
9th Jul 2006, 10:59
Angus - check pm re helicopter

Seagull61
11th Jul 2006, 09:23
Does anyone fly in and around ENZV - Sola near Stavanger in Norway. I`ve just started to learn there and would like to hear from anyone!

Cheer

sport350
11th Jul 2006, 15:08
PPL(A) SINCE 1998.
Always interested in flying, whether it's me flying or someone else.
If there is anyone flying out of EGNH (Blackpool) and you would like a bit of company, let me know.
Regards
Dave

CyberSoft
12th Jul 2006, 02:03
Hi All,

38 year old professional male, I'm very interested in doing PPL soon and have always had a keen interest in flight, (flown 172 and 152 in the past) would be interested in spare seat flying as an observer with anybody who would like some company over Scotland, preferably central belt, eg, Scone, Glenrothes, Dundee, Edinburgh, Portmoak, Cumbernauld etc. I'm also a keen photographer and would like to take some aeriel photos of anything below (I do a lot of photos for jetphotos.net). Not interested in any specific routes, happy just to go along for the flight (distance no object). Prepared to share any costs involved or pay my way (within reason). PM or email me if interested. :ok:

Deano777
12th Jul 2006, 03:38
Just finished my CPl/ME IR, and would be interested in any spare seats going in the Gloucestershire area?

Jasperyellow

I am about to do 40hrs of hour building before my CPL/IR from Staverton, you are more than welcome to hitch a ride or 2 (or 10), you never know, I may even learn something from you which will be a bonus :) PM me if you are interested.

That applies to anyone who would like to hitch a ride, will mainly be flying the CPL routes but still have my 300nm cross country to do yet, may go over the water somewhere, so if you fancy an adventure send me a PM

Dean

angusrodger
15th Jul 2006, 22:10
Angus

I live in Greenford and fly out of Denham,Maybe you should join the pilot center at Denham as a social member £25 as there are plenty of solo flyers ,myself included that would take you . I would offer now but as I dont know you am a bit dubious ,

Edit No rotaries at TPC though

Hi bellend. Thanks for this. Btw, what's TPC? Cheers, Angus

bellend
16th Jul 2006, 12:54
TPC=The Pilot Center,North side of Denham Airfield near where all the rotaries are , I couldnt recommend this place enough,family run knowledgable instructors etc sometimes a very busy tight circuit no overhead joins only via exended base then sharp turn at 500-600 for final,good fun

Keith

On the Spot
18th Jul 2006, 18:10
Anyone heading to/from Dinard or Rennes way in the near future ?
200hr PPL with Cross channel experience would appreciate coming along for the ride and share costs and or flying, one way or return. Location flexible through southern UK.

wsmempson
18th Jul 2006, 20:45
Wll, I've done the run to Cherbourg a few times now - pm me if you'd like to hear more or come along?

Smiffie
22nd Jul 2006, 09:37
I've just completed my PPL(H) in the home counties and love all things heli, shame I can't afford to fly too much over here, having exhausted all my funds getting to the PPL stage !

I would always be interested in a seat, particularly with those have lots of experience and are willing to impart knowledge, I'd even be happy in the back ! I work shifts so am often available weekdays if anyone has a local bimble or interesting day trip planned from somewhere in the home counties and wants company, plus a share of costs. I could probably even support 60 minutes of conversation at a push !

Now has anyone out there got a Gazelle they can take me in ?

S.

runway09
23rd Jul 2006, 21:28
Hi. Im a new PPL student learning at Filton who is keen to spend as much time in the air as possible, whether it be flying or as a passenger. If anyone would like company and is based in the s/west or along the M4 corridor then PM me. Can do weekdays as well as weekends.
Thanks.

gcolyer
24th Jul 2006, 12:38
I will most likely be flying from the Isle of Man to bristol and back again on Saturday 29th. If anyone is interested in coming along PM me.

runway09 check your PM's

Lembrado
27th Jul 2006, 08:08
Morning,

I live in the surrey area and am interested in any RHS flying. Available weekdays and weekends. Normally fly B757, haven't been in a light aeroplane for a while now - I miss it!

I'll supply tea and biscuits. Look forward to meeting you.

L.

BRL
27th Jul 2006, 10:23
I will be in Liverpool next Wednesday 2nd August if anyone will be about with a spare seat going. :)

Dunc
27th Jul 2006, 21:38
wsmempson

Drop me an email [email protected]

No longer have the Aztec and Mooney (Aztec way too costly and Mooney at the bottom of the Med).

Just taken delivery of my new plane (new to me at least), so happy to fly for the sake of it right now.

Weekdays more often better for me.

Duncan

hingey
9th Aug 2006, 18:17
May have a seat going in a Robin DR400 on a 3 day trip to and around Ireland on the 26th, 27th and possibly 28th of this month. Would appreciate contributions towards fuel, and own living expenses paid.

Bear in mind priority goes to a friend of mine who may or may not be able to come. PM if interested.

h

ormus55
12th Aug 2006, 20:44
im a poor partime (very) c152 student pilot. live just 3 miles from barton. can be there in 6 minutes!
any rides from barton or blackpool or NW area generally would be appreciated. available almost anytime as semi retired.
have limited experience in c152 and pa-28.
can buy your fuel. (assuming you dont have a learjet).:eek:
call me on 07968-012226. or PM me.

stickandrudderman
13th Aug 2006, 13:43
I fly from Denham, usually in a PA28, although I have just got taildragger endorsement, which was fun! I also have complex endorsement and IMC. P1 hrs approaching 90.
Always keen to participate on a shared expense basis on trips of interest, especially to the continent for overnight stops.
Any day is OK with a weeks notice.
I like a laugh en route!
C.

stickandrudderman
20th Aug 2006, 12:32
Pumper Bob,
Check your Pms

Andy_RR
21st Aug 2006, 13:40
I've a never-yet-used PPL(A) as I've been away in India for a few months since I passed my GST. TBH, it feels like I still need to learn to fly at the moment, so getting some RHS time would be great.

I'm going to try for a tailwheel rating whilst I'm back in the county (if the weather turns good), but in the mean time, if anyone is looking for a cost-sharer to occupy the RHS, I'm happy to drive a reasonable distance radius from Northampton to join you. Any time, week or weekend up to 3rd Sept. Just PM me and I'll do my best to make it.

Cheers

A

LH2
21st Aug 2006, 20:00
Out of curiousity, is there anyone in the Girona (LEGE) area who would like to hitch the odd ride? I'll be doing a bit of flying here in the next few months.

plaa343
23rd Aug 2006, 07:47
Spare seat available for anyone wishing to fly out of Cambridge in a high performance private aircraft (SEP). Fly regularly and am prepared to cost-share with anyone who is interested. PM me for more details as I do not want to appear to be advertising.

rocketboots
23rd Aug 2006, 14:02
PPL 155 tt.44 faa instrument. Would love to fly rhs with anybody out on the south coast areas.

rmac
27th Aug 2006, 07:06
I keep a C303 Crusader in Stefanik-Bratislava, (you can get there cheaply on EasyJet or Ryanair). Fly in the beautiful local mountains or trips to Austria, Hungary and Croatian coast.

All types of pilots welcome, I like good company while flying, and sharing good ideas helps broaden the mind.

I'm expat brit, but am happy in a couple of other languages too..

Just drop me a mail if interested.

Red Top Comanche
28th Aug 2006, 19:10
Have a spare right hand seat in a comanche from Thurrock on the 29th Aughust going to Falaise in France.

Leaving early, returning Wednesday afternoon (30th)

PM me if you are interested.

bencoulthard
31st Aug 2006, 22:59
Going from Halifax on Saturday, in my car, PM me.

kevwal
1st Sep 2006, 10:56
Spare seat available for anyone wishing to fly out of Cambridge in a high performance private aircraft (SEP). Fly regularly and am prepared to cost-share with anyone who is interested. PM me for more details as I do not want to appear to be advertising.

All,

Does anyone here know plaa343, aka Steve?

I organised to go flying with him on Wed, 3 hour return trip to find him not there and plane not booked. I have left several messages on his mobile (which the school confirmed was the correct mobile number for him) but no reply, and now the mobile gives number unobtainable?

Id like to at least know he is ok! I'm not on a witch hunt or anything for him not turning up, just a bit disapointed that I didn't get to have some fun in the firefly!

Cheers
Kev

stickandrudderman
1st Sep 2006, 20:27
I've had a similar experience having responded to offers on this thread, although my disappointment was not even getting the courtesy of a response from someone offering me a trip via a PM.
Come on people, if your offering to share flying time with anyone, have some honour for yourself and respect for those that respond.:ugh: := :confused:

Shunter
3rd Sep 2006, 16:01
I fly out of Leeds/Bradford regularly, although as I haven't found a group in the area yet I'm still hiring so can't afford to get up as much as I'd like. Generally used to miles of concrete, but I'm also pretty handy with short bumpy farm strips aswell!

Anyone who fancies chipping in for the cost and joining me is welcome. Usually fly 152/172. Prefer someone who's happy to meet up for a pint beforehand (not directly beforehand, obviously!) so we both know we're talking to a genuine non-fruitcake t'interweb timewaster.

By the same token if anyone else flying in the area is in need of some company I'm more than happy to join them go halves on expenses.

pistongone
4th Sep 2006, 07:57
rmac and Shunter, check your PM's.

Supermattt
17th Sep 2006, 14:46
Hello all,

I'll continue to check this board for specific opportunities but thought I'd put myself forward as interested in going along for any flying within reasonable distance from central London (hours train ride or so). I'm a lifelong enthusiast finally making the descision to get into actual flying. As such I am very keen to be around planes and pilots in order to get more familiar with everything and better judge how exactly to go about getting that PPL and beyond.

Happy to share costs of course.

I'm going to the GATBASH next weekend

Cheers
Matt

tiggermoth
21st Sep 2006, 21:49
I'd be delighted to share costs as a passenger to fly from Barton / Manchester.

I'm learning towards my PPL, and would love to experience GA flying.

crap pilot
22nd Sep 2006, 14:23
I fly from Barton and would be happy to share flights. I usually go at short notice but dont mind planning flights a few days before hand. No need to share costs although if people are willing to then we could go twice as far. Anybody interested should just PM me.

Hour Builder
24th Sep 2006, 13:12
I am a 130 hour PPL pilot, with next to no experience in the UK. I have FAA IR, and am happy with RT in USA, but who wouldn't be?? I would like to sit in right seat and listen to RT in all sorts of airspace.

Closest airfield to me is Redhill. Although I would travel to Blackbushe and Dunsfold. I am happy to pay towards costs, although money is tight.

HB

sparks-flying
25th Sep 2006, 08:12
Also fly out of Barton regularly and often have a spare seat available in a Cessna 150.
If anyone is interested PM me and I will get in touch.

SF

stickandrudderman
30th Sep 2006, 08:07
I have just taken the plunge and done the transition training at TAA at denham to fly the SR22.
What a fantastic machine!
It's a little expensive but........
Anyone who wants to come for a ride and share costs is welcome.
:)

pistongone
4th Oct 2006, 07:55
I am flying out of Full Sutton on Saturday, going over to Barton to check out the group flying people there. Anyone who wants to come send me a message. Would probably like to have a run up the coast to Cark after for a cuppa, then back to Full Sutton.

Stall-turn-Go
4th Oct 2006, 13:15
Hi all,

Great thread idea!
I fly out of Andrewsfield, not all too regularly due to finance so it'd be great to hear from anyone who'd like to buddy up. Also anyone flying from other airfields in the area.

Cheers

pistongone
13th Oct 2006, 11:00
I am flying out of Full Sutton tomorow at 12:00hrs, 1 possibly 2 seats available in a warrior, going to Spanhoe and back for a jolly. Weather looks good and the plane's avalable:) :) Even got spare batteries for the GPS:ok:
Notams and weather will be checked in the morning, any other suggestions for a safe flight?

Cirrus-Pilot
14th Oct 2006, 11:35
I often fly alone and would be pleased to be joined. I fly from Blackbushe. Most of my flying is mid-week.

runway09
15th Oct 2006, 17:50
Cirrus-Pilot you got PM.

Runway09

maybe one day!
16th Oct 2006, 18:16
Is anyone around the Essex/Herts area that wants to fly at weekends with a new friend??? If so get in touch! Currently fly out of stapleford but close to andrewsfield and panshangar.

flying-chippy
16th Oct 2006, 20:50
Wouldn't we all!!!

Single seat in Hughes 269 on occasions.. open for suggestions of different places - not necessarily airfields either :ok: -are welcome.

PW
would like to discuss further your availabilty & location.
thanks

GWidgery
16th Oct 2006, 21:47
Hi

I fly from White Waltham, quite often. I'd be up for some shared flying, short and long distance. Drop me a PM or e-mail [email protected]

Regards
Graham Widgery

pistongone
17th Oct 2006, 10:51
Same again this weekend! One possibly two seats available from Full Sutton- going down to fenland and then onto Bose's BBQ, weather permitting!
Any takers?

pilot-320
18th Oct 2006, 04:56
Hello to everyone! I am a student (doing my ATPL ground at the moment) and i have about 35 hours left as part of my hourbuilding at egnatia aviation college in GREECE ( KAVALA )!
Not planning to use them soon but if anyone is interesting for a visit and a nice cross country around Greece and even some LGAV flying is more than welcome! PM me or post!!

Have fun guys and girls!!!:ok:

P.S:the bird is a DIAMOND DA-40 DIESEL

Brian304
30th Oct 2006, 12:04
Well PPL with night rating on a TB10 also about 180 hrs. Would be happy for anyone to help out in the passenger seat and do some radio or nav work, or even just entertain me. preference would be a girl:} , but guys are good enough for me. But I also study in aberdeen, so anyone got any spare seats for sometimes when i'm in aberdeen?.

PM me if interested.:sad:

BRI ^^:ok:

sammorgan
6th Nov 2006, 21:35
interested in chatting with any other people from east mids, especially sharing flying or if your currently learning RT, need all the practice I can get

stickandrudderman
6th Nov 2006, 21:54
I MAY be making a return trip to Dundee in an SR22.
Anyone interested in coming along and helping share the work/cost?:)

wsmempson
15th Nov 2006, 14:33
I MAY be making a return trip to Dundee in an SR22.
Anyone interested in coming along and helping share the work/cost?:)

I'd be very interested; I have a ppl and a night rating and fly a pa28 out of booker. Drop me a line if interested to [email protected]

stickandrudderman
15th Nov 2006, 20:38
Since eBay is full of time wasting tossers that trip is now off!:ugh:
However, please PM me if you're interested in a shared costs trip to France.
S&RM

looptheloop
17th Nov 2006, 19:51
Female pilot gearing up to take the plunge to do ATPL studies. I gained all of my flying experience in the US- FAA PPL and IR and JAA PPL, approx 250 TT mostly C172 and C152 but also have Yak 52, Chipmunk, Tiger Moth and TravelAir time. Would love the opportunity to get more accustomed to UK airspace and RT by acting as co-pilot. I can travel to most places in the country and at fairly short notice, especially weekdays. Anything vintage would be a bonus! Please email me loop2lou @hotmail.com

Wibblemonster
19th Nov 2006, 22:48
Hi, I'm a PPL student in Newcastle (13 hrs) I'm willing to share costs for any experience & knowledge from a seasoned pilot.

available some weekdays and most weekends

thanks

unfazed
20th Nov 2006, 14:11
FAA CPL / IR Holder and current JAR FI available as right seat safety pilot on N reg aircraft in NE London / Essex. Prefer IR flights national and Europe.:ok:

mortgage broker
21st Nov 2006, 12:02
Any ppl Pilots, Aircraft owners need someone to help them look after aircraft Washing cleaning help with maintanace up keep etc,or just a spare seat.:rolleyes:

Areas; sussex. Goodwood, Shoreham, private airfields, and biggin Airport.
flexible weekdays/ weekends
I am a PPl trainee pilot good knowledge of aircraft and flying rules would like the opportunity to be involved in looking after an aircraft and possible flying out trips Rh seat single or twin. Great lookout and fun dedicated guy in my early 30,s Great conversations always up for flying adventures to new destinations uk or europe.:ok:

Proffesional Mortgage and finance broker.
Interests; PPl Flying, Music. Cars, very open minded.
my personal email is [email protected]

Favorit Aircraft, PA28,Tomahawk,Beechcraft Baron twin,Robin, C172 oh yes a Harrier Jump jet.

Can contribute to fuel etc, also you would be gaining valuable help.and a great friend and RH man:rolleyes:
I will gain valuable experience towards my ppl future please contact me for a chat, Hope to here from you soon

unfazed
24th Nov 2006, 17:32
Now Full Up

NickRCarter
25th Nov 2006, 19:36
Hi,

I am based in the Fenland/Peterborough Conington area and available on most days (except Wednesday & Sunday) if anyone needs any assistance for more complicated trips or just for the comfort of an extra pilot.

CPL/IR ME FI

Nick

wheresryan2
26th Nov 2006, 19:22
Hello,

I am flying to Mami on the 7th of Jan 07, and the making my way to Naples Air Center for the 10th of Jan where I have booked an Alarus CH 2000. I plan to do some hour building and am going to fly from Florida to Las Vages and back over 2 weeks.

I posting this to see if anyone is up for coming with me, as I figure 2 pilots are better than 1, for saftey reasons, and company. I plan to fly around 5hrs a day, and will have the plane for 2 weeks.

I do not expect any payment for this adventure,(you will have to pay for your own flight to the USA!) just share the costs on any accomidation we use on the way, and of course, feed and water yourselfs.

Please contact me at [email protected] for any more info or questions.

I am 24yrs old have a PPL and Night Rating, I have around 80hrs. I am a student ATPL starting Oxford in Feb 07.

Cheers Ryan............... :rolleyes:

bean_ian
1st Dec 2006, 11:10
Hi Guys,
If any of you fly from Dublin, Weston Kilrush, Trim etc.. and want to cost share with a soon to be PPL on weekends id be grateful.
You can get me at [email protected]

squirrel350
4th Dec 2006, 07:51
I would like to find some one here in the Waikato, NZ who has a spare helicopter seat from time to time to learn from or help out when it comes to cleaning the machine or hangar I have been doing it part-time for the last year with the mighty Bell 222 so Im not new to safety procedures in and around helicopters or OAA's (Operational Aircraft Areas) I want to get a better insight into different areas of operation with helicopters so I have a better understanding when I start my PPL(H) hopefully next year before working my way to CPL(H) PM if interested or know some one who is.

quartermilltopo
5th Dec 2006, 21:02
I may have missed the plot a bit on this forum regarding the implications of 'borrowing' or 'renting' an aeroplane from another individual. I have not, admittedly, studied all the CAA rules and regs on the subject. It would be of great interest to me to negotiate the 'loan' of an aircraft in the Warrior or Cessna172 category so that I can visit many of my old haunts in the north of Scotland without having to worry about paying for downtime. You would be lending/leasing your precious aircraft to a highly experienced pilot (22000 hours on most things from paragliders to 747s)
I'd be most obliged to have anyone's feedback on the practicality of this request.
Thank you and Seasons Greetings to all.
email [email protected]

Hour Builder
5th Dec 2006, 21:05
i think you'll find that JAR OPS states that to "borrow" or "rent" someone elses aircraft you actually need 23000 hours...oh well :ok:

HB

astronaut97
9th Dec 2006, 14:59
I fly out of Tatenhill 2-3 times a month, happy to share a seat with someone, even if it is just doing a few circuits. Currently fly C152s and PA-28s. Thinking about flying out of Derby aswell.

PM me or send an e-mail to [email protected]

Carl

cs03dmj
10th Dec 2006, 09:09
New PPL holder based in Uxbridge struggling to afford further hours. Looking to sell body parts and/or apply for a fund from the Air League. In the meantime, if anyone is flying from Denham or Elstree with a spare seat or looking to share costs, please let me know!

Cheers!

gijoe
14th Dec 2006, 19:25
I am visiting the Goodwood part of the world next week and would love to share the costs of a couple of hours if anyone is planning to fly.

G

kevwal
11th Jan 2007, 19:09
Anyone ever got a reply, or flight.....?
Yea 3 or 4 over a couple of years - only had one major let down - Drove for an hour only to find the guy hadn't turned up or even booked the plane and then he disappeared of the face of the earth ever since!

Hopefully I'll be on the other side of the fence soon - 1 hour solo nav left to do till I finish my Fixed wing NPPL M, only problem is I have been trying to do that hour since October but the weather and waterloged runways have been against me!

finalapproach
11th Jan 2007, 21:09
Well, I posted in May or June last year to say that I flew out of Biggin Hill and was happy to take anyone along any time I flew and a guy who is looking to convert his Canadian CPL into a Jar ATPL(f) contacted me and we have flown about 3 times on some great trips - one was to Leeds Bradford - so it does work. We'd have flown a lot more were we not both a bit hard up and restricted as to how often we could fly. I'm looking forward to some rides on the jump seat in return once he gets his dream job flying big boys toys!

unfazed
13th Jan 2007, 22:46
Got a reply

Exchanged e-mails and telephone calls

All sounded very straightforward but no flight ever materielised ????:confused:

Kerosine
17th Jan 2007, 07:49
19 Year old with a passion for flight looking for a right hand seat in a fixed wing.

If anyone's got anything available around the North West area and fancys some company feel free to pm me.

Will subsidise flights. I'm looking to get airborne as soon as possible!

Thanks all

Dave

ASWFlyer
18th Jan 2007, 11:21
Hey Everyone!

I'll be up in Sunny Wales (Cardiff) next week if anyone has a spare seat!

Cheers:}

On the Spot
19th Jan 2007, 08:57
Is anyone out there in the vicinity of London willing to donate a hour or so flight for a charity raffle prize winner to ride along ?
We are holding a charity auction at a Burns Supper on Jan 25th, in aid of charities in the Heathrow area and would like to offer as many aviation related prizes as possible.
Dates would have to be mutually agreed of course but the main thing so as not to disappoint the winner would be that you are able to commit to doing this and to sharing contact details.
Please PM me if you are willing to help and I will respond with more details.
Safe flying !

class a
26th Jan 2007, 12:18
If anyone needs a litlle help on longer trips/Ifr etc in the south east send me a meassge

3800hrs
CAA and FAA ATPL Single and Multi / Airline experience

No charge

LH2
28th Jan 2007, 20:35
Just a quick repost. I will be in Europe for most of February and hopefully part of March, anyone who fancies a flight out of LEGE or LFMP sometime and is flexible about date and time (as in, given 24hr notice) drop me a PM.

Alternatively, anyone who is interested in splitting costs for a longish (say, over 6hr) trip from somewhere to somewhere else and back, and as long as neither somewhere is in the UK, drop me a PM.

vectis lady
9th Feb 2007, 15:25
Im fairley new PPL (Aug 06) not done much since would love chance to share / fly with anyone on Isle of Wight only just moved down here so would like to fly around local area / visit nearby airfields

happy to share costs of plane & bacon butties ;-)

stevoneil
10th Feb 2007, 15:59
Starting my PPL at Shoreham. would like to integrate myself into the flying community and theres loads of you pilots that fly from there so if anyone has a spare seat, please let me know and il buy you a really expensive lunch. :mad:

pablito3
14th Feb 2007, 12:52
Hi,
Im a low hours PPL ( taken in the U.K.) living near to Malaga. If anyone flies out of Malaga and would like some company please let me know as I would love to get some flying experience down here.

Rergards.

ulas
19th Feb 2007, 21:32
PPL holder based in London , if anyone is flying from Denham or Elstree with a , please let me know!

This is my e-mail address. [email protected] ([email protected])

Cheers!

smith
21st Feb 2007, 18:40
Looking for an experienced PPL to accompany me to Long Beach, CA. end of Feb beginning March to do 25 hours hour building. Will do many trips to Las Vegas, San Diego, Grand Canyon etc. I will pay for all flying all you have to do is sit in the RHS, keep me company, help with radio and nav etc. Trip will be for 1 week to 10 days. If you can pay for flight (£300 ish at the moment) can share accom and have a bit of an adventure. Let me know if you fancy a great trip.

flyingskipper
24th Feb 2007, 21:25
Im in the prosess of doing the written exams does anyone live in the Nottingham / Liecestershire area who is willing to help me in the evenings to go through the subjects? I have about 40 flying hours and would like to get all the exams over with now.
Thanks.

Swanie
25th Feb 2007, 00:10
fly mooney out of jandakot Perth W.A.
pm me as i will proply get lost in this thread:)

Gary-PA28
26th Feb 2007, 09:19
140 hrs ppl looking for flying opportunities at either Cranfield or Sywell, or anywhere else in the surrounding area.

mikepops
4th Mar 2007, 14:01
Airline pilot eager to get back in a light single or twin. UK JAA ATPL, US FAA CPL/IR/ME. Happy to assist with radio, navigation, etc. Also can ferry your aircraft to/from anywhere in Europe (may consider further).

Mike:ok:

Bankstownboy
8th Mar 2007, 09:14
Almost at GFPT stage and I've run outta dough to fund my flying habit.

Sooo to keep me at least up in the air, any peeps from Oz got a spare seat out of Bankstown?

Chukkablade
12th Mar 2007, 14:54
PPL(A) and (H) holder flying in and around Central Scotland area. Mainly flying the (H) side at the moment. Anyone interested in coming along for a jaunt when I'm Helo flying, be it a fellow license holder or just keen and interested, drop me a PM and we can sort something.

gcolyer
13th Mar 2007, 19:27
Anyone interested in coming for a bimble about on Saturday in a PA28 PM me.

LAI
21st Mar 2007, 18:30
PPL holder and "C-Category" Motorglider Instructor with the Air Cadets.
Happy to keep company/assist with flying/nav etc. in Gloucestershire.
PM if you're interested.

PML
22nd Mar 2007, 13:39
Hi all, This is my first thread on pprune I have recently held my PPL licence for around 3 months and have aspirations to become an airline pilot, having looked at spare seats available havent noticed anyone from my area to share flying costs with, I am from the midlands and fly from Leicestershire if anyone is interested in a few trips and would like to share costs.

will fly for food 06
22nd Mar 2007, 18:19
Doing alot of hour building in cornwall over the next week, pm if interested.