PDA

View Full Version : Naples Air Centre

Biscuit
27th Jul 2004, 09:10
Guys, I'm seriously considering going to Naples Air Centre in Florida early next year to do my CPL. They look quite good and was hoping some of you may have done a CPL at NAC or visited recently?

So, does anyone know:

Quality of Instruction?
How ancient are their aircraft?
How money grabbing are they?
Is accommodation nearby?

Advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Biscuit

spitfire747
27th Jul 2004, 09:46
i did my JAR SE CPL in May this year using the warrior and arrow, passed first time in the minimum time.
aeroplanes are well maintained, all nav instruments work well, never missed a fligt due to ac going tech.
weather was ace, meant i got it done in 23 days (weekends off to relax)
the instructors for the JAA CPL are very experienced guys with thousands of hours,
school insists you stay in credit whilst flying, do not want it all upfront which is a bonus.
accommodation is 4 mins drive or 10 mins cycle away and is nice, spacious with swimming pool, kitchen etc.. (See website)

PM if you wanna know more
Spitty

Biscuit
27th Jul 2004, 10:33
Thanks Spitty! All sounds good!

CAT3C AUTOLAND
27th Jul 2004, 18:17
Spitty,

10 mins cycle to the school!? What did you have a super sports racer with 35 gears and the wind behind you!?;) Me thinks you just drove the Dodge Viper there every day :D.

Buscuit, as Spit says, pretty good all round mate, been their twice myself, and enjoyed every minute of it. Don't think you can go wrong with NAC.

By the way, lots said about NAC here, may be worth doing a search to get more input from other people.

Enjoy it.

Charlie Zulu
27th Jul 2004, 18:32
Hi Cat3C,

10 minutes is probably do-able... I can cycle from the Wellesley Inn to Naples Air Center well within 15 minutes and that is taking it leisurely with a big heavy ruck sack on my back. I don't go all the way to Davis Blvd on Airport Pulling Road, I cut down a side road but its basically the same distance as the main road. Oh yes and that is using the supplied cycles with the hardest seats you could possibly sit on!!!

Mind you I used to be a very keen cyclist, I still am keen but haven't really been cycling much lately. Lately means since I bought my car first car at the age of twenty six last October... ;)

I believe some of NACs student accommodation (not the complex just off Davis Blvd) are closer to NAC than the Wellesley Inn.

Next trip (in October) will see me hiring a car for the duration (I need one to get back and forth to Orlando anyway for the exams).

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
27th Jul 2004, 20:08
CZ,

Mmmmm.......you must have had the school bike with reheat and air conditioning ;).

The old Wellsley Inn, brings back memories, flying over the top making the approach onto runway 05, wish I was there now in the sunshine!!

Enjoy when you return in October. Have a bud for me down 5th Av.

Joe Philbey
27th Jul 2004, 21:18
I have just returned from NAC after completing my 25 hr JAA CPL in 2 weeks.
The school has a distinct European feel, with a very strong English ownership, run by people who genuinely want to help us out.
Andrew the CPL instructor is amongst the best I've seen, a genuine guy doing it because he wants to and not for hours, an Englishman who has taught up to IR level back here, with a very easy going personallity.
They have 3 warriors and 2 Arrows all in good condition and having their own maintenance problem, any problems, which of course do occur are sorted there and then and 9 times out of ten the a/c are flying again the same day.
The whole two weeks cost just short of £4,500 as opposed to about 6k back here. But that price included £700 to BA, £637 to the CAA, £200 for car hire.

All in all I cant fault them and given my time again would go back every time. I assure you I do not work for them!! In fact my user name is my real name, feel free to call them and get my number. Having been in your situation a few weeks ago I wish someone could have given me a straight answer, instead of some of the stuff you get on this site.

Good luck

Joe

spitfire747
27th Jul 2004, 23:34
Cat IIIC

My bike was a good old Walmart 50$ special.. no ac, no lycoming flat 6, no turbo charger, just pure muscle power...!

i could easily make the school in 10 mins, normally cos i was late !! so a little extra effort was needed,

the dodge viper was used on friday nights only to try and impress the un-impressable in 5th avenue !

Is Jatin still teaching the CPL ??

Spitty :E

Biscuit
28th Jul 2004, 07:54
Thanks for your respose Joe! Nice to hear from someone who has been there so recently.

B

eire_boy
28th Jul 2004, 14:09
Biscuit, check your Private Messages

philmercer
9th Aug 2004, 20:36
Hi Guys

Going to NAC about 29 Nov 04 to do my JAA PPL. Be nice to know who else is going out about the same time.
:ok:

fescalised portion
10th Aug 2004, 09:47
Hi Phil.......

I'm there in 3 weeks time and I'll be there when you arrive.

likair
21st Aug 2004, 11:17
Has anybody done a JAA PPL/CPL-IR-ME at NAC?

Do they offer a package which includes the mentioned above?
And what about the conversions? Do they convert from FAA to JAA while doing the course there?

On their website they have the "Career Pilot Program for JAA Pilot Licences " but it includes also the ATPL ground school.

What about North American Institute of Aviation. Is it a JAA approved Flight Training Organization?

Regards
LikAir

habcer
21st Aug 2004, 15:08
Hi,

I did my ppl there a while back and the place was fantastic. I stayed in the Wellesley, which was very well priced and the accomodation was great. Breakfast was a bit boring though. I did my ppl from zero hours in 21 days.

Just a tip that I found great, instead of hiring their crappy bikes, pop to walmart and buy a bike! You can get one for around $80 and then sell it to someone when you leave. I did that and then sole it for $60 when I left. Its much cheaper and you get a brand new bike! If there is no one to sell it to, the school may buy it from you too.

Have fun in Naples!

likair
21st Aug 2004, 15:50
Thanks for your info habcer

Has anybody done an FAA PPL/CPL-IR-ME and converted to JAA at NAC?

Thanks

JABI
21st Aug 2004, 16:43
Thread on NAC in the Private Flying Forum
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=138715

likair
23rd Aug 2004, 20:14
Hello
just some questions to clarify regarding gaining a CPL with ME+IR licences abroad, in the United States.

So:
if one wants to study up to commerical level in the USA for FAA licenses and then converted to JAA Licenses. Assuming 0hours, starting from PPL. This means doing the theoretical and practical up to CPL in US. It will also include the CPL ME + IR (multi engine and Instrument Rating).

The doubts are;

Is it approved to have a converted JAA CPL with ME+IR gained outside a JAA state (i.e. USA or any non JAA member state) and use it in any other JAA member state ?

Does the system (JAA-JAR) states that if flight training did not take place into a JAA country, the license isn't fully JAR compliant?

If yes, which JAA counties do not approve JAA license that did not take place in a JAA member state?

Will the Instrument Rating be valid to use in any other JAA Member state, if done in USA or it must be done in any JAA member state to be vaild?

If there's any JAA - JAR documents that you recommend to take note of please mention them.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards
L|kA|r

Charlie Zulu
23rd Aug 2004, 21:21
Hi Likair,

if one wants to study up to commerical level in the USA for FAA licenses and then converted to JAA Licenses. Assuming 0hours, starting from PPL. This means doing the theoretical and practical up to CPL in US. It will also include the CPL ME + IR (multi engine and Instrument Rating).
It is possible to obtain an FAA CPL/IR SEP MEP and convert it to the JAA CPL/IR etc... you will then end up with a full FAA and JAA licence.

You are able to undertake the JAA PPL, Night, CPL, FI(R) and ATPL Groundschool courses outside of the JAA member states as long as the school you attend is JAA approved. At the moment the only regulatory authority that approves schools outside of its own borders is that of the UK CAA.

However you MUST take the JAA IR flight test in European airspace. So you are NOT able to take the JAA IR outside of Europe.

Although if you have an FAA Multi IR then you are able to take a 15 hour JAA IR conversion course. This will still lead to the same JAA IR as someone who has completed the full 50 / 55 hour JAA IR course as it'll be exactly the same flight test.

Does the system (JAA-JAR) states that if flight training did not take place into a JAA country, the license isn't fully JAR compliant?
I have read somewhere that this maybe the case but I believe it was on pprune and it may have been rumours so unsure. Rest assured that the UK CAA will issue you with a full JAA licence even if you carried out some of your training in the USA.

If there's any JAA - JAR documents that you recommend to take note of please mention them.
If you are looking to carry out any JAA training in the USA then I would fully recommend you looking at the UK CAA Lasors document because invariably if you are at a JAA school in the USA you'll be training under the UK CAA authority. Lasors is available online at the address below.

http://www.caa.co.uk/publications/publicationdetails.asp?id=1191

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

likair
24th Aug 2004, 12:05
Thanks a lot Charlie Zulu for your post!!! Really appreciated! :D

Those who have further info please post them or pm me.

Thanks

davey147
12th Sep 2004, 12:59
Yep, I have been to Naples air center and I cant fault it at all.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
12th Sep 2004, 17:56
Charlie Zulu, are you still cruising out to NAC in October?

bumpfich
12th Sep 2004, 21:41
Just in case anyone is interested.....

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=4180&lr=C&path=0%3A4171%3A61903%3A61904%3A4180

Seems to be plenty of choice at Walmart, and for £60/$100 you can get a very decent (by UK standards) mountain bike even with Dual suspension!

AndyDRHuddleston
13th Sep 2004, 08:44
Hey bumpfich, are you coming out to NAC too?? I fly out next Saturday!

ADRH

J1mbo
13th Sep 2004, 13:30
This was just written as a reply to a post i made on the interviews etc forum. A little worrying if true, although not entirely convinced as i've never heard anything about it and its only the guys second post:

Quote:
my advice: don't go to naples air center!!
they almost went bankrupt last year because they hadnt payed any insurance for their planes. they blackmailed me and other students to pay them or else they would go to the ins and kick us out of the country. they promised that they would get a j-1 visa status, but they never received it. last but not least, 4 months after i left naples, they stole $4000 by using my creditcard information without my permission. luckily enough i could get my money back from interpay (international creditcard company). nicky genitals and richard genitals are crooks and i just wish that nobody makes the same mistake as i did. so if you are wise... find another school!
s.m.

Anyone care to comment on it, to back it up or say its rubbish? I'm a little concerned as just paid my deposit for their career pilot program.

J.

bumpfich
13th Sep 2004, 13:33
Check your PM's.....

Pinga
13th Sep 2004, 16:51
I'm afraid that there are some people who used to be employed by NAC who are just out to cause as much trouble as possible on the basis that if they throw enough mud then some of it will stick. I would ask that you report their post to a moderator and I think that it is likely to be BRL who will simply ask the "contributor" to identify him/herself and the usual reply will be..............nothing because these people are too shy to come out from under their slimy little rocks because there is no truth whatsoever in their little snipes.

Quite simply there is nothing wrong with NAC. only that they have employed a few people who have turned out to be malicious miscreants. Do you want my personal guarantee? I will gladly give it!

J1mbo
13th Sep 2004, 17:24
Not at all, tht's exactly what i thought as i've seen hundreds of posts about NAC, pretty much all very complimentary. I just wanted someone to confirm my thoughts that that post was lies, the fact that it was only his second post makes it very suspicious.
J.

Charlie Zulu
13th Sep 2004, 17:28
Oh dear not again!!!!

Pinga has beat me to it, so I shall simply second exatly what was said above.

If you would like me to give you a personal recommendation for Naples Air Center then I shall gladly provide one with my full name, address, email, telephone number etc.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

too_sleepy
14th Sep 2004, 08:54
Same here. There's not much in life these days that you would give a personal gaurantee to, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend NAC.
Direct contact info on offer.

WX Man
14th Sep 2004, 12:26
Check your PMs.

JABI
15th Sep 2004, 03:22
http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144570

Above a link to the original thread by J1mbo.
Apart from the occasional use of SPELLCHECK nothing much to add really. Would be interesting to know if Capt. Skidmark :rolleyes: is the only one that ran into this problem.
You seem to know a lot about a lot of things Mr (or Mrs) Pinga, are you sitting close to the fire?
As far as the personal recommendations, sure why not?
I'm sure NAC has happy customers, you go there, get your ratings clear off again..everybody happy.
It's the grumpy ones that are always flamed by the usual suspects.
But then again, why would you care if you're not the one that had the problems.

Excuse me, before I forget http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138715
gets interesting after post 9 or 10.
Got closed by the moderators.........still makes interesting reading.

Keygrip
15th Sep 2004, 04:17
My first delve back into Pprune after many days of enforced lay-off (thanks to Hurricane Frances) - but, despite any perceived bad feeling from the un-educated, I do not believe for one millisecond that NAC would steal funds from a clients credit card.

Pinga
15th Sep 2004, 07:31
You seem to know a lot about a lot of things Mr (or Mrs) Pinga, are you sitting close to the fire?

Ok, it's Mr but you can call me Sir;) Close to the fire? I guess I soon will be because Autumn seems to have hit with a vengence yesterday in my neck of the woods.

I gather that you don't like my informed posts. I wonder why? Could it be that they don't support your sad little agenda.

As always, I am happy to give my UK telephone number by PM to anybody who wants to talk through the content of my posts with me. And yourself JABI? Is that an offer that you will match?

JABI
15th Sep 2004, 23:45
Ok Mr Pinga, Sir...allow me to elaborate on my sad little agenda.
:ok:
Prune is obviously a marketing tool for NAC, they have a banner here..fine no problem there.
It's also a "free" forum that allows the posting of personal opinions. Now, how hard is it to comprehend that some customers had a less then wonderful experience with NAC.
My point is their opinions need to be heard also without being flamed by the same posters everytime.
I'll bet some posters are on the VIP list with NAC meaning they will be pampered, their experiences are obviously good, bear with me.....
You go to a foreign country for a short period of time and leave with a license/rating in your pocket. If most things went without a glitch fine, excellent even. My point is (previous post different thread) some people are not that lucky, but why would a happy customer care? Also if you've spent a short period of time at NAC you will most likely have no insight in how the place is really operated. Capt Skidmark (not my first choice for a screenname) was obviously one of the long term customers who did figure out how things are done. Less than perfect, same as my experience.
So let's just say that I'm a "critic" making sure that the other side of the story is not neglected. For some reason it's fine to criticize
any other FTO in Florida except NAC.
No calls please, PM is fine.....:mad:

Pinga
16th Sep 2004, 07:01
No calls please, PM is fine..... Silly me, I should have realised that creatures who live under rocks don't have telephones anyway:p Prune is obviously a marketing tool for NAC Got any other conspiracy theories? :D

Well JABI (Just Another Broke Instructor) You will just have to accept that there are people including myself who do have positive comments about NAC and can clearly see the hidden agenda through your postings. I note the times of your postings and conclude that you are residing in the USA rather than the UK. I strongly suspect that you have never been a customer of NAC and work for a less successful competitor.

Edit;I'll bet some posters are on the VIP list with NAC meaning they will be pampered Thanks for that tip off, when I go back to NAC I will enquire as to why I'm not on their VIP list, I could do with a bit of pampering.:D

SkyRocket10
16th Sep 2004, 19:56
I have been watching this post with interest and having been to Naples on more than one occasion I feel well placed to add comment. It appears that all posts about NAC seem take the same path- individual asks for advice on NAC, said person disappears into the background and post slowly deteriorates into a slagging match between one or two people that had a bad experience and the NAC cheerleaders!
I too like Jabi and many others feel annoyed at the way NAC is portrayed as a perfect flight school. Of course we all know this is not true, but the first sign of any bad press and the post is bombarded by the usual suspects. Guys and you know who you are- give it a rest, we all know you had a great time in Naples, but come on let others express there views without you constantly shooting them down!

I would like to start by saying that Naples has never been a bad school, its just never been the great school that many portray.
Firstly the aircraft- they are maintained to a fair standard, although at times you have to border this on the legal limit. Whilst @ NAC this year, there were a number of planes with minor defects, which although legal are not particularly comforting.
For instance, there were 152 & 172's with holes in the engine cowling, tyres on the bare minimum, rivets missing from airframe, shimmy dampers not working, instruments- faulty or not working e.g. primer, VOR etc
Sometimes these faults would be corrected if pointed out, on one occasion a maintenance guy came out onto the apron, tapped in a rivet or two and walked off. Other times, the student was told to like it or lose the slot, the impedance was definitely put on the student, and as you know if anything goes wrong the PIC is solely responsible. Half the time these were PPL students who had no idea of the repercussions and funny enough no one @ NAC felt inclined to point this fact out- be warned, if in doubt DO NOT FLY!

I met one student who had just done his check ride and afterwards he told me about the problems he had prior to the test. He had booked the plane the previous day, but just before he was due to pre flight he was told the plane had been switched on him, he was given an alternative, but commented this had problems with aileron control and he asked to be switched back. I dont know all the details but what ensued was a slagging match between him and the owner, the owner telling him that he had no choice and to fly the plane allocated. After much debate he refused to fly, which eventually resulted in him being put back in the original plane and successfully passing the flight test.
If for the record anyone would like full details I will ask him to post here at a latter date, believe me he left as disillusioned as I did, but that's another story and I will leave it for him to tell.

Aircraft availability can at times be very poor. My personal opinion is that NAC have grown at such a rate they can no longer sustain the throughput of students. This in itself is not a bad thing, but they have failed to grow with the expansion and add to the fleet (discounting the hilarous!). If you get a cancellation to your schedule it is very unlikely you will be able to book another slot in the forthcoming few days. I met a number of people that failed to complete the PPL in expected time frames and two or three left with about 32 hours over three weeks!
If you intend to train on the 172 or PA28 it is very unlikely you will finish in the specified time, therefore your best bet is to stick to the 152s.

The other big problem is guys over hour building. I can comment on three or four people that have failed to gain the necessary hours and have either left disappointed or have taken there business elsewhere. This has been for a number of reasons- planes in tech (unforeseen!) which happens a lot, backlog of PPL training in which case you fit in around their schedule. I also found they would change the schedule the night before and then fail to call the student to inform them. This happened on a number of occasions, not only to myself, but many others. The student turns up in the morning expecting to fly, only to be told, we had to change the schedule, didn't you check it last night?!?!
I can tell you on one or two occasions the students let rip- surely its not asking too much to call the student when the changes occur, surely you'd expect this from any other service provider and at the end of the day you are paying them, do not forget that!
Many people are treated like kids, not paying customers!
I've never known such organised kaos in all my life. If you want to speak to anyone at the front desk, you are told to wait and you're generally still waiting 20mins later. Guys- you really do need to invest in a little extra help, almost everyone I met commented on the attitude of staff at reception and the hostility they received.

One point I do have to mention is that the instructors at NAC are mostly top notch and there are some great guys working @ NAC, most are foreign and over on the J1 visa building hours. This doesn't mean to say you are getting inferior training, but personally I would have to say that the quality of UK PPL training is on the whole better and this is after the fact I completed the first half of my PPL in the UK and the second half at Naples.

Overall, I would like to iterate that I've had a whole spectrum of experiences at Naples, some good, some bad, the most recent of which has definitely put me off returning. If anyone would like some more info feel free to pm me and I will discuss further.

JABI
17th Sep 2004, 01:32
Welcome Skyrocket 10, welcome to the "dark" side.
That makes 2 (yes, two...) critics of NAC currently on this thread.
Well we might have more soon and be able to give a little more objective view of the JAR FTO's.

Mr Pinga, Sir.....your attention flatters me.
What's your other great hobby...fishing?

:confused:

Unlike some here I have a life besides Pprune therefore not able to post during regular office hours. Do you mind?
Oh excuse me, NAC's competitors?
As far as I know they don't have any, they are in a whole special league of their own. I'm sorry to disappoint you.
Ok so far for the personal chit chat, back to business.
If you READ my posts, especially the latest ones, you should realize that I feel it is unjust for potential students to make their decision on where to go to spend their money solely be based on the comments of 3 (or 4) NAC pushers.
It's already dificult to get objective advice in the aviation industry as it is, as far as training is concerned it seems almost impossible.

Excuse me one more time, I have a phone, a cordless phone even. Just don't feel it's necessary to sit next to it all day.:ok:

razzele
17th Sep 2004, 03:53
i had a great time at the groundschool in naples...

but flying there was such a different story....dealing with the admin staff was always such a chore.

i totally agree with...

slagging match between him and the owner, the owner telling him that he had no choice and to fly the plane allocated

typical

and

Many people are treated like kids, not paying customers!

again a very common sight

but somehow many other people seem to remain quiet about the behavior traits of "capt" D.G !! :rolleyes:

Biscuit
17th Sep 2004, 08:29
Thanks guys for your comments. This is all very worrying! The whole reason I chose NAC was to avoid the problems mentioned above. I've encountered just those issues with another well known school in Florida and I had really hoped NAC would be different and the threads on this site had led me to believe this would be the case.

I'm commited now so I'll just have to ride with it. I'll make up my mind when I get there.

Thanks again,

Biscuit

Penworth
17th Sep 2004, 08:53
I echo your comments biscuit! I chose NAC because of the generally positive comments I had received about it both on and off pprune.

Hope it goes well for you and let us know how you find it when you get out there.

I'm planning on heading out in a few months so will eagerly await yours and anyone else feedback on the school. :ok:

PW

SkyRocket10
20th Sep 2004, 18:54
razzele,

[/QUOTE] i had a great time at the groundschool in naples...
but flying there was such a different story....[/QUOTE]

I heard exactly the same comments from other students curently on the groundschool, or at least those that completed any part of there flight training @ NAC.

What is your honest opinion of the groundschool?

raceeend
20th Sep 2004, 20:30
I'm Interested in that too, Has anyone been there, done the JAA-ATPL Groundschool and got the T shirt :-)

Hope to hear from you guys!

Catans
22nd Sep 2004, 16:45
I was wondering...

Is there anyone out there with a Swedish CPL ATPL who has done a flight check at Naples Air Center?

I live and work in the US and I have a Swedish certificate that needs renewing. If I do a checkride at NAC will the Swedish CAA (Luftfartsverket) accept the checkride and update the certificate? If not...does anyone know of a different scholl in the US that can help me?

Thanks in acvance.

Catans

AndyDRHuddleston
23rd Sep 2004, 00:33
.......well, I'm here at the moment doing the residential JAA ATPL's and plan on being here until June next year doing hour building and the CPL. Before I get bombarded with emails - I've only been here 3 days and haven't yet started!

All the people I have met so far have been really friendly and helpfull. Facilities are good and the aircraft, though a little older than what I'm used to at home, are good little trainers. What more can you ask for?

I'll update you all as I progress!

ADRH

Sensible
23rd Sep 2004, 08:53
Good luck Andy and I hope you have a hurricane proof umbrella with you. It looks like it may be necessary. The weather can only improve from now on – can’t it?

If you think the aircraft at NAC are old and well used, you haven’t seen what a lot of the training aircraft at other schools are like.

My best regards to all at NAC especially Richard, Nikki, Bea and Jatin

Steve

AJ
23rd Sep 2004, 11:12
If it makes any difference, a First Officer now at easyJet used to be an instructor at NAC, and his words to me were "very professional".

So I think that goes in the 'compliments' tray.... :O

regards

J1mbo
23rd Sep 2004, 18:06
Just wondering, do u know how he got that job at easyJet, i thought u could only be a FO if u go through the CTC scheme?

I still think NAC comes out pretty well compared to all the other schools so still going to head out there, starting the career pilot program on 25th Oct, as long as the visa interview goes ok. Hopefully see some of u out there.

J.

AJ
23rd Sep 2004, 18:59
He didn't come to easyJet straight from NAC, but as you say, via CTC.

spritezero04
4th Oct 2004, 20:28
All i have to say about NAC is that there administrive staff at the front desk leave alot to be desired. From my experience there the staff (owners) were absolutley atrocious, never cared at all about students only interested in getting your money, if you had a problem there response was they dont care as its not there problem. Found them rude and ignorant. Continually over charged on 90% of bills i received, had to go over every bill i recieved in my time there and compare it to my own records which i had to start keeping after the over charging started which i dont think anybody should have to do. Would most certainly never go back, i have stuck to good old blighty since, now got ATPLs and CPL done with absolutley no problems encountered. Maybe more expensive but at least your treated with respect, no over charging (at least not on that scale) and nice pleasant staff who actually listen and care about what you got to say. The one positive thing i have to say about NAC is that there instructors (mostly then all european) were quite good. Hey, i made a mistake by choosing to go there and now i gotta live with it, but at least i am giving a heads up to anybody else who reads this and is considering going there.

Sensible
4th Oct 2004, 20:37
And yet another one post wonder crawls out of the woodwork :} :rolleyes:

spritezero04
4th Oct 2004, 21:17
sensible,

After reading your response i have done a search on your posts and guess what, numerous amounts of your posts have a plug for NAC who you portray as the perfect school ( ON THE PAYROLL ARE WE ? ) I could not care less what you have to say, i had something to say and i said it. How people respond is there choice, i am just giving an honest account of my experience. If every body does a search of your posts they will see for them self what i mean.

Sensible
4th Oct 2004, 23:02
Well now you are gaining some credibility because that's a total of 2 posts that youv'e made:rolleyes: :rolleyes: NAC is in my view the best training establishment that I have visited - and I have seen a few now!;)

spitfire747
4th Oct 2004, 23:50
I am sure it will not be too long until mine or Charlie Zulus name is brought up.. however I am sure if you search through my posts there are those that I made about another school in Florida, one i did my PPL in and was almost threatened with court action for..

I have attended 5 training establishments,4 good one bad and NAC in my opinion was the best of those 4... the other 3, if a question came up on this forum about them, I would be only to happy to add good comments about them aswell

lets stop all this bi**hing as it is a waste of time and bandwidth.. and do something more constructive

Spit :ok:

Charlie Zulu
5th Oct 2004, 00:11
Oh no not again!!!! You called Spitty??? :D

I'll second Spitty's comments above.

Personally I've only attended three stateside schools, two of them good the other I wouldn't touch with a barge pole and yes I am very happy to give out my name, contact details etc.

Otherwise I've attended two schools here in the UK both but they were my primary ppl training all of those years ago and the club I'm presently a member.

I'm not on any payroll of any club, indeed sometimes I wish I was, it would boost my measly income from the IT industry quite well. Mwa ha ha ha. :D

scroggs
5th Oct 2004, 11:27
spritezero04 your accusations are quite serious. Perhaps you would care to e-mail or PM the moderators with more details so that we can determine if your complaints are genuine or not? We would require your identity, your dates at NAC, and the specific nature of your disagreements with NAC.

Before anyone cries 'conspiracy' or "NAC cronyism', you will note that we require exactly the same confirmations for any potentially slanderous posts of any school - perhaps you'd care to look at the OBA sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Now I'm going back to my death bed to nurse my 'flu. Don't bother me again unless it's really important! :ouch: ;)

Scroggs

Alex Whittingham
5th Oct 2004, 11:47
I hope spritezero04 does decide to contact Scroggs. Naples generally gets very good press but the speed at which dissent is quashed is a little disconcerting. You would have to feel quite strongly about your opinions to persist with any criticism.

Ninety-Nines
5th Oct 2004, 12:59
Quite bold of you to encourage or tease a further response of disent from a student of another school who offers the same courses as you:E

Alex Whittingham
5th Oct 2004, 14:18
Who, me? :E

Its a point, though. I hear good things and bad things about most flight schools in the US. Most of the stuff about NAC is good but whenever someone disagrees it is always defended by the same three stalwarts. I'm sure they have quite valid views but they do tend to flame dissenters.

WX Man
7th Oct 2004, 09:07
I hope spritezero04 does decide to contact Scroggs. Naples generally gets very good press but the speed at which dissent is quashed is a little disconcerting. You would have to feel quite strongly about your opinions to persist with any criticism

BRAVO!!!!:ok:

(applause and standing ovation for Mr. Whittingham)

PPRuNe Towers
7th Oct 2004, 17:43
it is always defended by the same three stalwarts

One of whom was personally thread banned by me ohhh, let's see, 3 weeks ago:E :E

Regards
Rob

Alex Whittingham
7th Oct 2004, 20:48
What for?

[blah blah blah, added to make it more than 15 characters long]

Charlie Zulu
7th Oct 2004, 21:09
I wouldn't mind knowing what for as well!

Hopefully it wasn't me as I haven't been around much lately, just been a little busy planning my trip to Thailand for Christmas and New Years. :D

Oh dear I think I'm going to be banned now for making people jealous, but at least I made four hundred posts (at last!).

Mwa ha ha ha.

PPRuNe Towers
7th Oct 2004, 21:09
Ahh, just the traditional Floridian schools and personnel bitchfest. Often left in for those in the know to enjoy viewing a service industry at its finest but here it was drowning out the informative part of the thread.

Rob

Charlie Zulu
7th Oct 2004, 21:17
I was going to say, "Ah now I see" but the submit page told me to enter a few more characters. :D

SkyRocket10
7th Oct 2004, 21:21
All i have to say about NAC is that there administrive staff at the front desk leave alot to be desired. From my experience there the staff (owners) were absolutley atrocious, never cared at all about students only interested in getting your money, if you had a problem there response was they dont care as its not there problem. Found them rude and ignorant.

I would definitely have to agree with spritezero04 on this one. On the odd occasion you do have to ask the admin\management staff for assistance they were always busy with someone or something else- "go and sit down and we'll be with you soon!", yeah right they might aswell tell you to try again tomorrow, cause that's the impression you get from at times down right rude people. If I, or anyone else for that matter am spending upwards of £3000 on something you expect prompt and courteous attention, or at least an apology for any delay. What you get at Naples is non-existent customer service!

Oh yes, and the onus is definitely on you to keep tabs on your account because mistakes do happen, and at the end of all your training dont expect a refund of monies for at least a few weeks and even then you may have to chase them -be warned!

Sensible
8th Oct 2004, 07:45
Can't believe what I just read from Skyrocket 10 and spritezero04. They must be talking about a different Naples Air Centre because my experience was that everybody from the refueller to the instructors to the management/admin staff were efficient and friendly. I suppose on thinking about it, they did have the cheek to ask me to pay for the instructor time and aircraft rental when I was there but then it is hard to find something for nothing these days. :confused: Certainly with the numbers of students attending NAC it is astounding that there is such a small element of dissenters. As the saying goes "You can please all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time"
cette la vie!