timgad
4th Jun 2004, 09:32
CAN ANYONE HELP! I WAS INVOLVED IN AN EMERGENCY LANDING
SEP LAST YEAR.
ANY IDEA HOW TO GET HOLD OF A REPORT

opnot
4th Jun 2004, 09:52
Timgad

If the report has been published you could look on the AAIB web site or The Department Of Transports web site which carries a section on formal reports.
Sorry Idont have the addresses to hand

Toulouse
4th Jun 2004, 10:00
Timgad,

You could check: www.aviation-safety.net or http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_control/documents/contentservertemplate/dft_index.hcst?n=5161&l=1 (UK).

Word of warning, my first post on pprune was also for the same reason as you, I requested info an an emergency landing at Frankfurt I had in 2000 as I couldn't find any info anywhere regarding the incident. Had no luck, and many of the "kind" posters here accused me of "making up the story". Don't know why I'd do that. Anyway, pprune, with the odd exception, is a great source of info. Best of luck on your search.

NigelOnDraft
4th Jun 2004, 10:06
timgad...

Without giving anything away I shouldn't (I work for BA), yes, there was a 757 Emergency into LGW last year, and suspect it is the incident you refer to. It is being examined by the AAIB.

Using the DFT link above, and go to "Bulletins" should show it when it comes out. If you spend sometime there now, you might be able to work out a reasonable guess for the time between incident and bulletin report.

NoD

Mr @ Spotty M
4th Jun 2004, 17:35
Timgad,
Just because you had an emergency landing, it does not mean a report will ever get published. Only accidents and serious incidents get reports published, ie you will not normally see a report for hydraulic failure or even engine shut downs. These will get reported in house and findings passed on to the CAA.

NigelOnDraft
4th Jun 2004, 18:42
Mr @ Spotty M
Whilst you make a valid point, we (BA) did have a 757 land at LGW in a hurry recently. The reg & timescale quoted is about right, and the circs and internal reporting seem familiar enough to me to recall "the AAIB are investigating" (not just "reported to").

I am not trying to be alarmist about the incident, nor give anything away I should not. However, I think it might be worth timgad keeping an eye on the AAIB bulletins - I reckon better than 50:50 it will duly appear there...

NoD