PDA

View Full Version : RJ100 Replacements for BACX

Captain Correlli
3rd Jun 2004, 19:38
:( Have just heard from a reliable management source that the idea is to replace the RJ 100 with more Emb 145's as the RJ leases come to a gradual end. Dunno what they think will happen to LCY, but I suppose it means the LHR lobby and BA BALPA have won the argument. No decent airplanes, BACX remains plastic BA, no route into mainline for those young enough, no reason to stay with CX at all now. :yuk:

Lions led by donkeys.....

Mark Lewis
3rd Jun 2004, 20:38
I believe the official line a few months ago was to replace the RJ100s with EMB170s, but only when they started making money?

pilotatlast
3rd Jun 2004, 20:59
heard from a relaible source that Citiexpress would be getting the LHR 737'3 plus some E145's.

eal401
4th Jun 2004, 07:28
Better off getting 135s if they actually want to maintain LCY routes.

cumulo-granite
4th Jun 2004, 07:38
If any at all, I think there are only about 3 x BA 734s left at LHR? Now that LGW is 100% 737 on mainline shorthaul all the 733, 734 and 735s are there - and I note a few 734s being retired now/soon?

Would it be the 735s that are destined for BACX again if any of them at all? The 733s have nearly vanished from LGW with only 4 or 5 remaining to my knowledge (ex BAR)?

CG :confused:

Sheikh Zabik
4th Jun 2004, 07:39
Only hope that we keep them long enough to enable our GMFO to requalify as a line pilot on type and return to a long haul command in BA along with his erstwhile colleagues....

Shouldnt be a problem this time though as he is enjoying one to one ground tuition and doubtless sim partners, base trainer and line trainers have all been carefully chosen.

Maybe a TRE thrown in as well?

:p :p :p

Yog-Sothoth
4th Jun 2004, 08:42
1. We can't get the 170 because of the long range agreements with BALPA over Scope, and the fact that the biggest Emb 170 variant has too many seats.

2. Management are on record as wanting a simplified,and more important, cheaper single type.

3. LCY has never yet made money,and is a loss leader that LHR want to see gone, particularly given their risk assessments of the place, and direct competition with many of their products.

4. Our leader has indeed picked his sim partner, and more importantly, his TREs for his course.

5. Most regrettably of all, Mainline don't seem to want him back!

Quidnunc
4th Jun 2004, 09:21
"heard from a relaible source that Citiexpress would be getting the LHR 737'3 plus some E145's."

So reliable that he / she doesn't even know that there are no 737s at LHR. Why do poeple always quote "a reliable source" that is obviously a bloke down the pub?!?!?!?!

cumulo-granite
4th Jun 2004, 11:01
.....just as I thought...

;)

BOAC
4th Jun 2004, 12:05
Quidnunc - the world is full of people who do not know that LGW exists (including some in BA!) and I suspect sources are 'confused' and that the 737s will come from BA LGW as the Airbus arrives to replace.

pilotatlast
4th Jun 2004, 12:28
Well silly me! it was a BACX manager that I heard the rumour from. Should have realised from other posts that BACX management are not to be trusted!

The Little Prince
4th Jun 2004, 21:11
Hate to be the bearer of worse news, and I DO know that BACX management are not to be trusted about anything, ever!!!! However, the CPTech told me a week back that the 73/Airbus option is a non-starter because of Scope.
He inferred that the 170 was currently too much dosh, and had the same potential Scope problems, and the most likely option was working towards an eventual single type Airline (sorry about the Dash Huit) which we already have expertise in operating.

Bit of a no-brainer really wouldn't you say?

As to London City, I haven't a clue, but the RJ guys don't seem too positive about the load factors in general.

Having said all that, the 145 is a sooper aeroplane, BALPA are securing us a good deal pay wise, the future doesn't look as orange as it once did - it would look a lot brighter if TDLF would eff off.............:\

PoodleVelour
5th Jun 2004, 13:19
I'd be quite happy just hanging on to my present job thanks, whatever type is involved. BACX have been told we're losing pots of money, threatened with closure and sale, bases closed left right and entre, and Fleets of aeroplanes grounded. We listened to umpteen variations of the plan, (ha ha) and how important it was to cut costs, but we still managed, apparently a record year of losses. We go along with the plan, watch cuts and standards fall over the whole operation.....but hey, then we are told we are back in the black, and everything in the garden is now luvly.

BALPA start to negotiate a pay rise, and what happens??? The inhabitants of the deserts start popping off their guns, up goes the price of Jet A1 and all of a sudden we discover we aint been hedging our fuel.....here we go again.
You will understand why I don't give a flying f##k what I'm flying, as long as it stays attached to a pay check!!!