PDA

View Full Version : FA storms off aircraft at NCL

BigHitDH
10th May 2004, 16:11
Read Here (http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/thejournal/thejournal/page.cfm?objectid=14226784&method=full&siteid=50081)

What's that all about then?

I suppose if you're going to go, go in style, eh? :rolleyes:

soddim
10th May 2004, 16:34
Just like my ex-wife!

bluesafrica
10th May 2004, 16:36
WOW! What a way to quit! I must remember that ....
Blues:}

Ranger One
10th May 2004, 16:46
Go in style...? Go to jail, more like. If a pax did that we would be setting up the gallows, and calling for the beak to throw away the key... wouldn't we...?

Sounds like unlawful interference to me, and more to the point, dangerous - ok everything was fine in this case, but it doesn't require too much imagination to see the possible outcomes... door opened, chute deployed, pax start to panic...

R1

Onan the Clumsy
10th May 2004, 17:08
"It [three quid] wasn't even enough for a sandwich and a drink." Funnily enough, JetBlast has a thread right now about StarBucks costing seven Fifty for a Latte and a piece of cake. That'd be two then for every five pax.

Stud3
10th May 2004, 17:09
OK here's the facts.

MYT(A320) NCL-MAH Friday morning.

Rear cabin door had been armed due boarding starting during fuelling and no back steps available.

Passengers started boarding then rear steps were brought to the aircraft and the cabin crew were asked to open the rear door, and the door was opened by a member of cabin crew as the latter half of the passengers were boarding. As the door was armed, the chute deployed therefore the aircraft was 'tech' for a few hours until a replacement aircraft was flown up from cardiff to operate the flight.

The whole crew then did not operate the flight and a stanby crew were brought in. Hardly the hostie storming off.

Good quality reporting that is :yuk:

Ninjaman
10th May 2004, 17:16
So why was the Cabin Attendant seen walking across the tarmac with her bag?

Stud3
10th May 2004, 17:18
Well id guess its because she was so upset at what she had done she just went back to the crew room.

Hardly storming off like the papers made it out to be, more like upset.

BigHitDH
10th May 2004, 17:34
Stud3,

Cheers for clearing that up. I had also wondered why the PAX didn't panic. If I saw cabin crew going down the slide - I'd be right behind them!

bigbeerbelly
10th May 2004, 18:02
At the company I work for a few years ago on the CRJ200, a flight attendant's schedule was extended. After a very long six days on duty, she was reassigned after she got back to her domicile to do another round pushing her to a 16 hour duty day. She was fuming mad and finally lost her temper during the pushback. While the airplane was pushing back, she opened the door and walked off. I heard that the company filed charges against her for violating federal regulations.

I wonder how often these sort of things happen around the world?

BBB

Crew_MYT
10th May 2004, 18:20
The crew would have got grounded and had a de-brief, it's the same if there is any major incident on board eg de-fib being used, engine blow etc...