PDA

View Full Version : Float Plane Operation in Europe

Rwy in Sight
28th Apr 2004, 10:31
A company calles Airsea Lines is about to launch some seaplane services in Greece. Initially it would offer sightseeing flights but after the August Olympics it would switch to scheduled services between mainland and the islands.

Has anyone heard similar companies starting operations in other parts of Europe?

Just curious to know how serious Airsea Lines is!

Rwy in Sight

dusk2dawn
28th Apr 2004, 22:39
...in Europe ? Well, up north (Norway, Sweeden and Finland) they got quite a number of float/seaplanes operators. Scheduled services are rare. Can't remember having heard of anyone at all in the past 20 years. Projects yes - but never realized.

G-AWZK
29th Apr 2004, 08:49
The amount of paperwork involved would kill most scheduled seaplane projects before it got anywhere near realisation. Sad but true. :(

PH-UKU
8th Jul 2004, 23:11
Believe they are an offshoot/owned by Harbour Air of Vancouver. If that is true - I'm sure they will succeed ..... successfully !!

Rwy in Sight
9th Jul 2004, 08:56
PH-UKU

Indeed you are right about the Harbour Air connection! Would you be kind enough to drop me a private message in order to ask you something please?

I am too shamed to admit I don't know how to initate a private message....

Rwy in Sight

hobie
9th Jul 2004, 19:44
Rwy in sight .... just look at PH-UKU's posting above ..... do you see the the box named [Private Msg] ..... just to the right of profile?

go to PH's posting - click on [Private Msg] and just type in your private message - finally click on [send message]

thats it :ok:

Caledonian
9th Jul 2004, 19:55
Hi

How bout Loch Lomond Seaplanes in Scotland, thay have a nice shiny cessna 206 and are talking about getting a turbine beaver soon.

www.lochlomondseaplanes.com (http://www.lochlomondseaplanes.com)

Regards