PDA

View Full Version : Hours for removal of FI restriction & revalidation

Baron Von Mildred
12th Apr 2004, 23:02
Does anyone have any experience of using instructional hours flown in aircraft other than SEP to have restrictions removed/ meet 3 year/100 hour requirement etc? By other aircraft I mean gliders, SLA's, 3 axis microlights or anything else not covered by JAR-FCL1.005 (a)(5).

StrateandLevel
15th Apr 2004, 08:11
As the privileges of a FI(R) do not extend beyond SEP the answer should be obvious.

If an aircraft is not recognised by JAR-FCL 1.005 then it would not count towards a JAR-FCL 1 qualification. See AIC 3/2004 para 2.

Baron Von Mildred
15th Apr 2004, 23:23
The previledges of an FI or FI(R) do extend beyond SEP as the same AIC affirms. The AIC does say that such experience can't count toward the SEP recency req. (presumably), but doesn't explicitly say whether FI recency & upgrades are included in this.

StrateandLevel
16th Apr 2004, 23:56
No, the AIC merely clarifies that aeroplane instructors may also instruct on Microlights because they are legally aeroplanes. i.e. they fit into the SEP definition. The FI(R) can also instruct on Single Pilot Types.

JAR-FCL 1.005 (5) states that where aeroplanes are referred to in JAR-FCL1 it does not include Microlights. This is what lead to the clarification in the AIC; it had been assumed by some that Microlights were a different Class and therefore needed a separate Microlight Instructor rating. NPPL negotiations resolved this issue however; JAR-FCL 1.005 still prohibits you from counting any hours flown on a Microlight towards any JAA licence or rating unless it specifically says so i.e. the max 10 hours credit towards PPL issue.

Baron Von Mildred
22nd Apr 2004, 09:35
So, for example could solos supervised on a microlight be counted towards the 25 required for the lifting of a FI restriction? Or hours instructed in SLMG/ Microlight be used to revalidate an FI after 3 years?

AS you say microilights are SEP (or not)?