PDA

View Full Version : The last-ever Concorde incident report?

Globaliser
8th Apr 2004, 10:00
Published today. (http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_avsafety/documents/page/dft_avsafety_028127.hcsp)

:{ (for another reminder of her passing)

[Edited to make an attempt to correct the title of post - Basil is absolutely right. Mea culpa.]

I've changed the title for you.
Heliport

Basil
8th Apr 2004, 10:37
At the risk of accusations of pedantry, may I suggest that it was an Incident Report?
Ex Conc crew - how many could you lose before having to land asap or reduce to an unreasonably low M#?

BahrainLad
8th Apr 2004, 12:42
In light of the fact that Concorde has since been withdrawn from service, no further investigation or rectification of these units was considered necessary.

Such a note of finality.........

BAC Concorde Type 1

If only there'd been a type 2........:{ :{ :{

411A
8th Apr 2004, 13:56
There could be...

Grind up one or two and resurrect as...travel agent sized models that you could hang from the rafters.
Imagine, the actual parts from the bird herself....just think of the demand.:ok:

Oh yes, send one to each ex-Concorde Captain, so they can relish the thought of 'special handling' at LHR, with the usual low fuel state upon entering the London TMA.:E

PAXboy
8th Apr 2004, 14:12
The bit I like from the report is ...which necessitated a slight reduction to Mach 1.97. Gee, that slow .... ;)

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

NineEighteen
8th Apr 2004, 14:21
The most troubling thing about the report is that there were apparently 7 empty passenger seats. In the last month of service! :( + :*

Maxiumus
8th Apr 2004, 16:10
More sour grapes from 411A. Ah well, one must forgive, he is indeed of the land of the best selling airliner manufacturer and the of the majors that make money.

No wait, thats not right...

As for 93 pax in its last month, no surprise really, no doubt many wanted a final chance to fly in it. Anyway, yield not load factors is the clincher.

loaded1
10th Apr 2004, 12:34
Hooray for good ol' 411a! Go suck a lemon willya? It might sweeten you up!! :)