PDA

View Full Version : Filton and Exeter Landing fees?

Foz2
2nd Mar 2004, 03:00
Hi,

Has anyone recently flown into Bristol Filton or Exeter and knows the landing fees? What are the parking charges if anyone knows?

Many thanks

Foz

Chilli Monster
2nd Mar 2004, 03:36
If nobody answers before I'll find out Filton's whilst in work tomorrow and post them then ;) What are you flying and how long were you thinking of staying?

Charlie Zulu
2nd Mar 2004, 11:37
Hi Foz2,

Not sure of the exact figures but here goes:

Filton

I landed there in a Beagle Pup and stayed for around ten minutes back on the 17th December 2003. This was an unforseen circumstance (passenger decided that he should have used the bathroom facilities before departure whilst over the new Severn Bridge).

We were charged just over £17 if I remember correctly for this visit.

Exeter

Even more sketchy information but for a Piper Warrior, ILS R26, Landing and parking for around 30 minutes came to something like £18 back in January this year but I recall this from a very bad memory! I'm not sure if they actually charged me for the ILS though. ;)

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

Field In Sight
2nd Mar 2004, 16:12
I know this is a recurring theme on PPRuNe but what a bloody rip-off.

17 quid for 10 mins. I can understand if you are using the airport as a stop off point and the aircraft is occupying a parking space all day/night.

But if it is a quick stop i.e. for training/fuel/p@ss break then the fee should be reduced at the very least.

It makes my blood boil :mad:

FIS.

Chilli Monster
2nd Mar 2004, 16:18
FIS

And how would you propose you pay for:

ILS on both ends of the runway
NDB
DME
Radar (including LARS cover)
Runway lighting
Full time fire cover (cat 5)
ATC staff

Need I go on?

I've been to less better equipped places that charge more. Or would you rather that sort of airfield closed and left people with nowhere to divert to when the average unequipped field is closed due to weather

Get a life - or at least a lesson in economics :cool:

(and this from someone who flies out of Manch! How much would they have charged Charlie Zulu - nothing, because without a runway slot he wouldn't have got in!)

:rolleyes:

Foz2
2nd Mar 2004, 16:40
Thanks Chilli monster that would be great.

Ill probably be in a c152 or 172 staying at Filton for 2 days ish and Exeter similar.

I dont really think it is a rip off paying £18 at Filton when you have to pay £10 at Elstree which has no navaids, ILS or Radar...

Went into Southend yesturday, and am going again today and its £17 with a couple of hours free parking. For an International Airport I think that is pretty good.

Thanks Chilli

Foz

Chilli Monster
2nd Mar 2004, 20:51
As promised:

Landing Fee: £14.75 per tonne or part thereof (so the C172 will put you in the 2 tonne bracket.

Parking: First 2 hours free, then £10.00 per 24 hours (for aircraft up to 2.5 tonnes).

Plus, if anyone's interested - training:

Singles up to 2.5 tonnes - £7.00 per approach
Twins up to 2.5 tonnes - £11.50 per approach

Minimum charge 2 approaches

Add VAT at 17.5% if applicable (Uncle Gordon gets his cut too :( )

robin
2nd Mar 2004, 21:52
Yes, but for Exeter, make sure you check the NOTAM if the active is 08 and you are coming in in an SEP, because of the new displaced threshold rules

tomcs
2nd Mar 2004, 22:34
Hi guys...i flew into Exeter the other day in an Archer on my CPL 300 nm x country. I paid £26 which i thought was a little steep but hey its a nice well kept airport!

Tom

englishal
2nd Mar 2004, 23:28
Jersey and the Channel Islands are still my favorite destination....at £9 for landing and 168hrs parking, you can't beat it.....

Would be nice if some of the bigger airports could have a "much discounted" fee for training flights who just want to stop for a p*ss / fag / coffee, who otherwise wouldn't bother going there. I fly from Bournemouth, but to even do circuits, I go to Kemble (at £21 a shot at EGHH it gets expensive quick - pre-booked taining is not much cheaper if memory serves me well), or use the flying club aircraft as all landings and approahces are "free" :D

Edinburgh mas got to be the most expensive though....£90 to stop over night....Only cost me about £120 in fuel to get there :oh:

Ta ta
EA

dmjw01
3rd Mar 2004, 04:17
A tip if you're visiting Filton...

Buy plenty of their fuel. Very reasonable price offsets the landing and parking charge (both of which I thought were acceptable anyway).

matspart3
3rd Mar 2004, 04:34
Buy 50ltrs or more of AVGAS at Gloucestershire Airport and the landing fee's only £10 +VAT

6 hard runways, ATC, Radar NDB, DME and a top breakfast

Foz2
3rd Mar 2004, 06:42
Thanks Chili Monster and everyone,

Im just planning ahead a few places to go during my hour building, off to Norwich from Stapleford tomorrow for a dry run for my Qual Xcountry flight. Hope the rain holds off!!!!

Cheers

Foz